annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  06:22:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning on this glorious day. Well, I guess it is glorious since I am up and out of bed. For me that is glorious.

Glenda, Your house sounds like mine. I, too, have these little stacks of things I am working on around my chair and I like to go into someone's house and and feel comfortable there. Then I can enjoy their uniqueness and not worry about every little thing I do there. One of my sister-in-laws houses is so perfect I feel funny if I even set a glass down on her counter. It is like being in a hotel to stay at her place.
About the books, I really like MaryJane's main book. It has a lot of good things in it. I like the recipes and sewing ideas. My husband enjoyed her outdoor book as did I but I don't know if I am ever going to use many of the things in there. The Stitching Room has teaching of various skills in embroidery, tatting, yo-yos and then there are things you can make using the skills. I think it is a good idea to have the main book. It is a good one especially for the recipes. I am using it for some of the sewing badges.

Patty, what a wonderful idea to make or reuse all your Christmas gifts this year. Your bookmark is so pretty. I cannot believe the price of that Easy Bake Oven. My daughter had one and had a lot of fun with it. I am glad you could find them so much cheaper and in good condition. You're right the girls do outgrow them so quickly. I wish I had thought of your idea of how to make the little baking mixes back then. They were expensive. I decided this year that my granddaughter were not going to get money for Christmas. They are 18, 20 and 22. For the last 2 years all they have wanted was money for all the holidays and their birthdays. This year I was at a consignment store and found some beautiful starfish necklaces. I am going to follow your lead give out handmade or remade gifts this year. I have time to do it so I think I will. Thank's Patty. You are an inspiration.

You ladies are doing so much with all the putting up of the apples, pears, shooting pigs and boars and quilting that I am so motivatied now I am feeling like a new woman!!

Patsy, I got tired just reading about your day yesterday. what a job all that loading and unloading. I hope you got yourself a nice long rest after all that.

Ruby V Welcome and Happy Birthday! We are delighted to have you with us. Jump right in. We talk about just about everything that is going on in our lives. We laugh a lot and this is the nicest most caring group of ladies I have ever known. As soon I joined I felt right at home.

Penny, I hope your DH has the best birthday ever. Sounds like it is going to be something very special. Mmmmm, pie instead of cake, sounds good. One time my daughter wanted a doughnut birthday cake. That was interesting. Anyway, it will be a fun weekend.

Have to go for now. I will write more later. Claudia I will let you know about winter in Florida. Where does Nikki and family live in Florida? I am in northeastern Florida and it gets cold up here. Not like northeast US but in the 40s and 50s and the mornings can be as low as the 20s.

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  07:15:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies--a real quick note to Claudia and Darlys---the jawbone implants--freaked me out---I am on fosomax and am told a side effect is in rare cases it will dissolve your jawbone. I didn't take it too seriously because I can tolerate the drug and its working for me--but-----is this by chance why you had the jawbone problems? Or was it something else? Please let me know!!! I am so,so sorry you are enduring such a thing, it sounds terrible.
hugs to all, glenda

"Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it.
Action has magic, grace and power in it"....
Johnn Wolfgang Von Goethe
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  07:51:39 AM  Show Profile
I will be losing my teeth soon, dentist said I'm losing enamel and softening the roots.He said he can tell that I'm taking good care of them. But this is nothing that can be reversed. I'm such a gagger and palet is low and he said that I'd need to have 3 on top and bottom implants to hold teeth. So I'll not have that palet in there. Has anyone had this done?? Scares me to pieces. I don't like going anyway, would rather deliever another child than have intense dental work done. Prayers being sent for those dealing with the jawbone problem! If anyone has had this done, would love to hear your comments, MAYBE??? ease my mind. haha Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  09:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Ruby and welcome to all new girls. Ya'll found a great place to gather and share.

Claudia: long time no see. good to see you on here. we LOVE toasted cheese sammies. hope you have a good checkup. hubby's folks lived in Florida for awhile and winter was like fall time here. we loved to visit around christmas time. hubby even took off his shoes and walked on the beach in the water's edge. I want to send christmas cards to our gals here too.

Darlys: that bone graft DOES sound halloweeeeny.

Patty: that pic of your grand daughter scared me at first. thought somebody had fallen or was sick. lol
glad your community works together for stuff like that. salesmen should never call on you after dusk. ever..

Betty: i HAVE to see the ocean when i get close enough too. the wedding sounded "perfect" in every way. can't wait to see pics.

Nancy: taking a break today. yesterday was laundry day for me too and people don't realize that wringer washers don't wring clothes "dry", so each load to the line is like hauling bricks in a basket. hahahaha my arms are sore today, but hey, not complaining, just stating facts. next few days are to be rainy and ya have to work with the weather, ya know? :)

hugs n prayers to all. have a great day.

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Oct 27 2011 09:03:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  10:08:41 AM  Show Profile
I'll come back a bit later if I can. Y'all know me ... I am "communicative!"

I just wanted to respond quickly to Glenda and Brenda. My jawbone was deteriorating from many years of having dentures. It wasn't real strong to begin with. Long story short - I had the bone grafting done about 4 years ago now. They took the bone from my skull. (A piece of cake - not even a headache - but looked scary). It was necessary to get the implants. The skull bone was grafted to my jawbone. Then, after a healing period, I got 18 implants. That work was more intense and time consuming. While the whole process wasn't a walk in the park, I have been SO happy that I had it done! Once done - it's over and all worth it. Truly. I get my "teeth" cleaned 3X a year now -- and no more problems with jawbone or any of the work done at all.

Chocolate Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  10:34:24 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Good morning ladies, Happy Birthday Ruby and welcome to the newbies! I have missed visiting with you.

With working to get the house livable and not having any internet it has been a long couple of weeks. We finally have internet again, hurray! But work on the house isn't going as quickly as we would like. After five weeks the kitchen still isn't finished, and they have only begun work on the walls and ceiling of one room. A lot has be done to the kitchen and the completion is in sight, just not fast enough. Since there is no running water we can't live here, or in the motor-home, so the insurance co has put us up in a hotel about 40 minutes away. The kitchen will be beautiful with lots of sun and light and lots of space to bake and cook.

The weather here today is a misery, cold, damp, and raw. Every part hurts from the inside out. It is supposed to be a bit better tomorrow, the lousy again on Saturday. The temperature both night and day is dropping farther and faster these days, or at least it seems that way. I am glad we haven't gotten any snow yet.

I've decided to make Christmas gifts this year and I will suggest to my family they should do the same if possible. When my girls were young would make ornaments and gifts each year. Back then I would knit or crochet hats, mittens, scarves, etc for all the nieces and nephews and sisters in law. The girls would each make something special for their godmothers, and grandmothers. It was great fun. This year Nick and I are hosting Christmas eve (we and the girls rotate each home each year) among other things we are planning for that night to be the grand unveiling of our made-over home. We have been collecting Christmas trees and decorations for several years so the entire house will be dressed for the holiday.

All for now..... take care and have a great day

{{{hugs}}}

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  10:47:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Thank you for making me feel welcome. I will be a hit and miss chat person. I am still trying to fingure out how the sisterhood works. I have started keeping a gratitude journal, and working towards my Lets get physical badge both beginner badges of course. I live in Iowa - right under the Minnesota border so am getting our acreage winterized so I will have more time on chat this winter.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  10:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Did you know that you can use the small Jiffy brand cake and muffin mixes in Easy Bake ovens?

quote:
Originally posted by thebyrdhaus

Oh, what a feelin'
What a wonderful emotion
Yeah, what a life
What a beautiful day
What a beautiful day

Good morning Chickies!
Welcome Thelma.
Ginny - I am with you girlfriend, Snow from the middle of December to get me in the Christmas Spirit to the first of Jan is plenty.

Glenda - Gosh wild boar hunting sounds fun!I wanna come visit....lol Wonderful story about Mr Turner. When I was a young girl my day picked up an old man that had missed his bus going from his brothers back up north to his daughters. Dad brought him home to spend the night in our little tiny camper. He did not want to go back to his daughter, claiming her and her husband were hateful. "Joe" ended up staying for a couple of years in that tiny camper. He aquired a dog during his stay and eventually his daughter and her family came to get him and his dog. It was a sad day as Joe had become part of our family.

Dianne - What do you do with the yoyo's. I love yoyo's but don't have much patience in making them. Once in a while I make them to put on my stuffed sweater rabbits.

Darlys - I would love to see pics of your Junque sale.... I can't even imagine how big!

Well, I already have a load of clothes on the line. I have to go pick up some feed sometime today. But would really like to stay around the house. I took some elderberries from my mother's freezer. Now I have it figured out how to make it...but you ladies that take this elderberry tincture...how do you use it when it is ready?

I have decided to take the pledge that every Christmas gift will be handmade, or reused this year. There are plenty of items that can be reused and I can make plenty of items. I wanted to buy my granddaughters and easy bake oven. They are $49 new, and the mixes are about $& for 3 mixes. Crazy! Little girls grow out of that type of toy so quickly. So, I found 2 of them at thrift stores, one for $4 and one for $5. They look like new but the boxes are damaged. I don't need the boxes, as they will just throw them away. I will just package them with a big ribbon in a decorated shopping bag. I found loads of recipes on-line for mixes. I plan on putting some mixes together with my own printed labels and instructions and making a recipe book for each of them. It will be a wonderful gift.
I made a "stay-put" book mark yesterday evening. I will post a picture. My family loves to read, so this will be a perfect stocking stuffer. It was easy and I generally buy a lot of ribbons at thrift stores and yard sales. So it will be inexpensive as well. I used a piece of ribbon, an elastic hair band and a button.
Well, off to get some work done! Have a wonderful day.

Opps, I typed this hours ago and forgot to hit "submit reply"...lol

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  10:53:42 AM  Show Profile
How do I reply to a post? I don't know what Icon to press to answer your questions?
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  12:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Patty I love the bookmark. I have a friend that reads all the time. She would love that. Thanks for sharing the idea. Theese yo-yos are for an exchange that some very wonderful ladies here let me join. I may need to add a few when the exchange is done, but I think a table ruuner might be an idea. I am thinking on it.

Patsy I am glad you got your freezers all changed. That sounds as bad as defrosting mine. Except I don't have to move it. I hate defrosting the freezer. You never know what has gotten burried. Sometimes you still don't know when it defrosts. LOL

Welcome Ruby. I haven't been here long but theese are a wonderful bunch of ladies to chat with. Hope you birthday was fun.

Wow 22 ladies on the birthday list. That is awesome. You are right that is a PARTY!!!

Patty I am glad you called the Police too. That late at night it could have been anyone.

Patty can I have a copy too? They are adorable.

Penny He is in my prayers and so are you.

Betty I can;t wait to see pictures. It sounds absolutly beatutiful. Glad you got to take a little time to see the ocan while you were there.

Well I need to get to my list of to dps. LOL I don/t make a list. But I do have a lot to get done today. The DH is off to sight his gun in for hunting tomarrow with a friend. I may just be lazy today. Except for the laundry. That really needs to be done. LOL

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  12:20:49 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, I too WAS on Fosomax and went off it 3 years ago after losing 3 teeth from it. I have a bone disease and using Fosomax I have a good chance of my jaw giving wy, so I went off of it. I have not had any more teeth loosen and fall out since. That is one of the side effects. I am now taking calcium pills with vitamin D.

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sondrak
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Sondra
Colorado Springs CO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  12:49:20 PM  Show Profile
You all sound like you are having so much fun that I am wishing that I was over 50. I'd say that I have five more years plus one day to go, but age is just a number.

[ size=1 ]You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of the girl.[ /size=1 ]
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  2:01:48 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone - How about we make Sondra an honorary "going-forward-to-fifty-farmgirl?" She's right that age is just a number. After all, if she f-e-e-l-s like 50 -- .....

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  2:55:09 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, I'm missing Tall Holly, too. She's probably just really busy - or has computer problems ... but I say we hunt her down.

I loved the Mr. Turner - and Joe stories, too. More .....

Patty - You are one smart cookie, cookie. Don't open the door, call the police and snuggle up with the boys ... Smith & Wesson. I'm glad it was a benign incident.

You know, I heard about that brown bag wallpapering thing somewhere. I've never had a spot to try it. Not sure I'd be as inclined to do that without ever seeing the result - up close & personal.

BTW, the bunnies are adorable. Oh, and the pictures of your granddaughter puzzled me at first. Now I understand. I have a gr-GD who strikes those poses, as well. Emma's 11.

Hey Betty, I'll be watching for those pictures. Glad you have some winged babies to pamper. The wedding sounds delightful and the decorations sound so pretty.

Penny, praying that all goes well with DS's results. Is it okay to have a good feeling?

I imagine you are in a whirl planning DH's birthday bash. You know that a whole bevy of farmgirls are going to be there in spirit ... singing .... BTW, I'd vote for pie over cake anyday. But, lest I seem fussy, cake is always an option.

Brenda, our grandchildren believe we can do anything even slightly domestically inclined. Mine (boys in their 20s) bring jeans & such to be altered.

Linda (Ks) Your DD is still in prayer. I'm glad things have taken a turn for the better.

I agree with Nancy on the MJ books.

Kathleen - Missed you. The construction continues ... hopefully, all is going well now? It sounds good - especially since you are planning to host family for Christmas.

Thelma - I'm originally from Duluth, MN. I know your winters!

In response to your question about responding to someone's post. We usually just put up a new post to respond to someone - and then address them by name. You'll see it all thru the forum. Then everyone keeps up with what everyone else is thinking/saying. Of course, if you have something private to say - you can always click on their "handle" and send e-mail. That is usually good if you believe no one else would be interested in the conversation. I've only done that once though - so as not to bore the board.

I took a really-really-really old sewing machine to be repaired and tuned up today. I think it was an ancestor of the Featherweight. It has the same "style" calligraphy logo on the machine and looks like the Featherweight in many ways but is definitely older. Has anyone ever heard of a sewing machine maker named "Star?" The machine is in being gussied up for my 22 year old grandson - who, bless his heart is what I call a Renaissance Man. He has, under his - ahem - "talented grandmother's tutelege", made a full size quilt ... designing the pattern himself. Even though a vegan, he still believes his grandma to be the world's best cook! (Love will allow these darlings to believe just about anything!)

Okay, I've been goofing off. But now it's time for me to tackle some pressing issues. Yes, I mean I have to do some ironing. Oh, and thanks to some farmgirls who took pity on me way back when. My iron (1/2 full) doesn't pee on the ironing board and/or clothes anymore. WooHoo!

Chocolate Kisses ...

Edited by - darlystippie on Oct 27 2011 2:59:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  4:07:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi again,

Had a sort of busy day.

Patty, the pictures of your granddaughter is so funny. I got a good laugh from them.

God bless you Darlys it sounds like you have really been through a tough time with your jawbone inplant. I am glad to hear that all is well now. I didn't know that bone could be taken from the skull. That is very interesting. I am happy to hear that your grandson has made a quilt. That is super and I hope he continues to make them. Some of the best quilts I have seen have been made by men. I'm glad your iron is not leaking anymore. I had an iron that did that and ruined so many of my things.

Kathleen, hang in there. I hope things will speed up soon on the house. That is a long ways away where you are staying. The way you describe the kitchen it sounds like the wait will be well worth it. What a great and wonderful Christmas you are going to be sharing with your family in that house this year. Aren't homemade gifts just the best to receive? I always love to see what people will come up with. The homemade gifts are always so special to me.

Have a good evening ladies.

Hugs,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  4:38:59 PM  Show Profile

My youngest son and his fiance thru me a surprise 60th Birthday Party Tuesday Night.
I was surprised alright. Shocked is more the word for it. It was like in between loads
of boxes to the new house. lol I knew we were meeting the kids for dinner but I didn't
know that about 30 friends and family would be there too. I was so glad that I had put
my make-up on and didn't look like a total scrunge. It was fun! Just had to show you
the beautiful cake! My son also bought me a 32 inch flat-screen tv for my bed-room. I
felt so spoiled!

The move is going good. Will have all the furniture over here tonight and then a friend is
meeting me at the apartment tomorrow to help me clean. I pray I get it all done, so
I can start putting the new house together. I just want to be done with the move. Yuck! I hate
moving.

Penny dear...hope you aren't trying to merge both birthday lists. Just make a newbies one for now...
anyone that didn't get on the original list. Then the first of the year...we will combine them. Sorry
if I didn't make that clear.

I read about three pages today...have more catch up to do. Will wiggle it in on my breaks. I got a
birthday card from Tall Holly. Just go back to her last post on here and then hit the email icon to
send her a note.

Welcome to our Newbies. Glad to have you! OK coffee break is over. Must get back to work. I miss you all
like crazy.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 27 2011 7:25:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  5:27:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi all....emailed our dear sweet Peggy a Happy B-day and she said her son and future DIL were taking her to a quiet dinner around the move and when they showed up at the restaurant....there was a surprize party with about 30 people!! What a thoughtful son! She said she was totally surprized.

Patty you are so busy all the time......I'm exhausted just reading all you do.....glad the cops are aware of the solicitors and you were not bothered again! I laughed out loud at the pic of your Gd reading and at the same time envious that she can contort her body thusly!! :)

Betty the wedding sounded like it was just delightful and so cool that they could incorporate your quilt in the decorations! Can't wait to see the pics! When you mentioned your hubby lost his keys reminded me when we would go visit my Grandma, it was inevitable my Mom would forget something and then we would have to wait for Grandma to send it!

Glenda did you try sending Holly an email through the forum here? I loved your story about Mr. Turner, and sorry to hear the Bastrop fire effected your family land.

Well Darlys.....I think it's terrific that your grandson quilts......that is so cool. And neat that you are giving him a vintage sewing machine.

Have an inquiry.....does anyone else do Pinterest? I am so addicted I need an intervention? LOL :)

Goodnite y'all!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  5:29:06 PM  Show Profile
HaHa....Peggy I was posting the same time as you were!!!!!!!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  5:32:43 PM  Show Profile
Patty, I hope your walpaper project works out for you. I can imagine it would look like leather. I have used brown shipping paper to wallpaper a whole store, then I painted over it. Looked real good. I decoupaged can labels from vegetable cans, etc. on my kitchen wall under the cupboard. It really turned out neat. Took lots of labels though, but fun to do.

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  6:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey all ... I talked to Tall Holly late this afternoon (evening in Vermont). She's good, she has just been busy and her computer connection is iffy. She will hop on and say hi soon. Maybe even tonight?

Hey Holly, It was great talking to you. Let's do it again one of these days.

Peggy, what a sweet son and soon to be DIL. And what a nice surprise - a party! Wheee! See, turning 60 ain't so bad. We are all missing you - but know that when you are all settled in that you'll be with us again. Moving is not fun. But what is great is when you are all settled in and look around and can say ... done!

Hi Mel ... I think it's pretty cool that my GS quilts, too. Right now it's kind of on the back burner as school (U of Oregon - Eugene) is consuming. He's the one who spent last year in France studying at the University of something or other in Lyon. But he is jazzed that he is getting this sewing machine. I hope it works for him.

I don't know what Pinterest is ... but I've heard of it. Fill in?

Hey Nancy - It is interesting about getting bone from the skull. But the skull is just bone. I only have a very thin indented "line" about 6 inches across. Have to feel around for it to even know it's there. It's a couple of inches above my forehead. Doesn't show (they don't even shave the area) at all. I never think of it anymore...seems so long ago.

I guess it shows that I am delighted that Jared quilts and such. He also plays the viola and extreme frisbee ... he has been told (in France) that he speaks excellent French ---- with a German accent! Funny.

Got a lot of ironing done. More to go. But no more procrastinating as I have to pack for Maui, too.

I've been jumping on as much as I can this week as next week will be all-consumed with preparation for the Junque Sale. So when I go absent - know that I am hip deep in stuff and will get back with a report when I can.

Chocolate Kisses ....

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  8:14:14 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening GFs, hope everybody had a wonderful day.
Patty, your experience with the floor cleaners reminds me back in the summer I was taking a nap in the middle of the day and I heard a knock at my front door. You have to go through two gates and several "No Tresspassing" signs to get to my front door. It was a creepy guy saying he wanted to repair my driveway, well he and his buddy sitting in the truck were casing the place, no doubt about it. I hate to think what would have happened if I had not been home. I had fallen into the habit of not locking the place thinking nobody would drive all the way in here but I was wrong. I ran him off and my two dogs were barking in the background (I wish I had thought to name them Smith and Wesson,haha) I got two little dogs from the shelter because I needed something to bark and also needed some company out here at night, and they do take their job seriously. They are too little to do any real damage but they sure can create a ruckus if they hear anything. And, Those are sure cute little rabbits you made, definitely cuter with whiskers.
Penny, prayers and good wishes going your way for your son. Let us know.
Betty, loved your story about your trip, we've been wondering how it went. So glad it turned out so nice, and what a sweet story about your little flower girl, I bet she was adorable, hope you have a pic of her and her basket. Welcome back we missed you.
Patty now that I know you have a Harley I'm coming to see you. I have a Harley story, but can't print it on this forum. I almost got myself a harley man but he turned out to have more problems than my ex.
I've heard of the wallpaper treatment you are doing, hope you will take some pics for us. I love trying different wall treatments and faux painting. Jan, I liked your idea for the store, too. Did you use wallpaper paste or elmer's to glue it down? I did a treatment using crumpled tissue paper and then applied it with a gallon of Elmer's glue. The crumpling gave it texture so when I painted it then went over with a light color it gave a nice effect.
I could not get the link to watch the utube about the little girl, my internet is too slow.
Brenda, I am envious of all you gals enjoying grandbabies, my youngest one will soon be 8 and there won't be any more. Enjoy!!! time flies by.
Nancy thanks for the input on the books--I think I will just get the main one.
Brenda, I am sorry about the dental work, when I had my wisdom teeth out my baby was still in diapers and I remember saying then it was easier to give birth than to have those teeth out. Darlys,Thanks also for your feedback. That didn't sound like a piece of cake to me!!!
Hi, Kathleen, remodeling is worse than horrible. Hope it will be worth it and that kitchen sounds wonderful. When I redid my kitchen about 6 years ago I had big windows put in so I could look out over the porch and the view while I was slaving away. Actually I enjoyed cooking for many years but now I don't so much. All you ladies are so talented with handmade Christmas things, I have a small family and don't do much for Christmas. Patty I love the bookmark, i think I will try to do a few of those. cute and useful.
Jan, thanks for letting me know your experience with fosomax--I an going to tell my dentist about your experience and have him watch closely. I'm sorry that happened to you, dental problems are the worst!! I did have a problem with my teeth wearing down and cracking because I ground them in my sleep, and they were in danger of breaking off, so I got the veneers (Lumineers) and I love them. Now my teeth are white again and not sensitive any more.

Sondra, bet you never thought you'd wish to be older,huh? Nothing really changes, you just look in the mirror and wonder how your mom got in there.
Nancy I'm trying to think where Fernandina Beach is--is it close to Amelia Island? I lived in Orlando 12 years and loved it. Not so much in summer but the winters are wonderful.
Peggy, happy birthday and you lucky girl, you, to get a TV for your bday. And a party!! What a good son!! And the cake is beautiful and yummy looking.
Darlys,how cool that your grandson made a quilt-- and it gives you something in common with him which is always so nice, helps to keep that connection going. Mel what is Pinterest? I'm almost afraid to ask, I don't need another addiction.

Well, gosh I hope I got all the right names with the right comments. This is such fun but if everybody posts every day, and we all answer each other, this could get really interesting..........maybe next we should have our own retreat.
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  8:28:51 PM  Show Profile
Peggy what a beautiful cake. Looks like Chocolate to me. Yummy! Happy birthday
Glenda my mom lived in Orlando for 13 years. She lived in the Pine Hills area. I hear that is not such a good area anymore. Alot of crime. I am glad that she here in Ga with us. Where did you live?
And is Janet new? I am a partimer on here and it is hard to get caught up on all the goings on and new people. Any way hey to you!
I am off to bed and wanted to say good night and sleep tight.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  8:45:39 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, I used wallpaper paste to put up the paper. I did it over ugly paneling, worked out great.
Debra, I have been here since the end of July. I come and go on here, when I have time to post.

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  8:49:27 PM  Show Profile
I am so exhausted tonight and have an event tomorrow. So I will be up early. Not much sleep last night...lol. Anyone that wants the pattern for the rabbit, message me your address and I will put it in the mail.
Glenda...come visit anytime. :)
The wall is turning out beautiful. I ended up with a couple different types of brown paper bag so it has different shades. Would have liked to had the same shade throughout. I finished it by rubbing paste shoe polish (Cordovan,a rich shade of burgundy) on it. I love the look. A friend stopped by and told me I was talented.... I told her that anyone can do it...lol. It just takes the guts to risk it...lol. I will post a picture. Also I will post a picture of my laundry room wall. I recycled tiles from trivets to tile my laundry room.
Well off to bed, I am afraid I don't have it in me to watch our Cardinals lose. :(

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  12:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, I swear I posted yesterday...at least I thought I did, now I am so far behind, so please forgive me for not getting to all of you tonight. I have been so busy getting ready for DH birthday party.

Peggy, I wasn't planning on merging the two groups but when I was getting all the email addresses together to email out the newbie list, I realized I didn't have the email addresses from the old list, since they weren't on the birthday list you sent, so while I was doing the newbie list I just decided to merge them, I hope you don't mind..and if you would like for me too, I will be happy to keep doing the list. I have enjoyed it alot. I love doing things like this and it really isn't taking me much time at all...

But I need a favor, I would like it if you would send me a few email addresses so I can be sure the people from the first list get the newbie list when I email it out....I have everyone's but these 4 from the old list, Becky(Beca), Eileen(Elli Mae), Holly(Tall Holly) and Linda (yarn mama) Everyone else from the old list has sent me their email addresses.

But I don't want you to think I am trying to take it away from you...I just want you to know if you want I can just keep it and do it all the time. If you would rather I let you have it back at the end of the year, that would be fine too...I am so glad you had a great birthday.

Thank you everyone for the prayers for my son, we should know something by the 9th of next month...oh and he called today to let me know he has his plane ticket to come home for Christmas. But he will be here on the 7th of Dec...but that's ok with me...it is better than him not being able to come at all..

Patty, Love the wall...so beautiful and the laundry room too. You are very talented. You ride a Harley? so cool...I have one on my wish list...I want a Fatboy low...use to want the deluxe till they came out with the FB low and it sits so much better...I ride a 750 Honda Shadow American Classic Edition(ACE) right now..but I have it fixed just the way I want it and it has been a great bike

Oh I also have to tell ya'll, last night I got on craigs list and looked for a wood cook stove and found one about 45 miles from here. DH went to look at it...and came home with it...I'm so excited. It needs just a little work to make it just right but is usable just the way it is...has a crack in the outer part of the door(not inside) but that is the only thing...needs cleaning too but that isn't anything...can't wait to get it hooked up...it will go great in this deer camp/my home now...lol...DH says it's about time this place had a full time woman in it...I am a lucky lady to have this life style...it is what I have always dreamed of...simple life...so wonderful.

I wanted to go deer hunting this afternoon but it was way to warm, so hopeful I will be able to first part of next week. Well it's off to bed for me...Got so much going on here this weekend with DH birthday pig picken I got to get rested up...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page