Page: of 218

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  07:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Thelma, we would like for you to join our birthday list if you would like, I'm putting a list together of all the farmgirls and will email it out to everyone in Nov. So if you are any other farmgirls would like to be on it just email me your information.

quote:
Originally posted by Acelady02

I still need the emails of the ladies that haven't been marked through and if there are any new ladies that want to be on the Over 50 birthday list just email me.

Attention Attention Attention
Thank you to the new ladies that have sent me your birthday info...

But after going over this list of Old and New people I realized that when Peggy did the birthday list that she didn't have email address on it. I haven't put it on my list either but if you would like your email address included on the list I will be happy to put it on there...

So that being said I don't have the people on the first lists email address', which will make it hard for me to send you a new list...lol..so I am going to list the ones that I need email address' for...if you will just drop me a quick note that says birthday list on it and your name, I will add it to my email list so you will receive the birthday email list when I send it out...and if anyone (old and new) ladies would like for me to include their email adresses on the birthday list, let me know that too please...thanks so much

Patsy (craftbug)
Betty (desertwillow)
Becky (Beca)
CJ (ceejay48)
Patty (the byrdhaus)
Darlys (darlystippie)
Debra (debra e)
Eileen (Ellimae)
Ginny (Oggie)
Holly (TallHolly)
Linda (yarnmama)
Nancy (annielaurel)

Thanks again Ladies. I am going to give it about a week before I send everyone the list....if you have any questioned before then let me know...oh and one more thing when you get the list and check you info and make sure it is all correct and if it isn't just drop me a note...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
[/quote]

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

[/quote]

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  09:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
hi there everybody. got the freezers changed with SIL yesterday. had to unload mine, load on trailer,haul it over there, unload her food to ice chests, load hers on trailer, bring back here, unload and reload food. man, o man, were we tired.
laundry day today. love my wringer, but wishing it was done already, lol. hope ya'll have a good one today.

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  1:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey to all this afternoon from Ga. And Welcome to Thelma! It is her Birthday? Wish I would of kown I would of sent you a card. Get on the birthday list and you will get lot's of Wishes from the farm girls in the mail.
It is BEAUTIFUL here today. The leaves are changed and falling, the deer are laying in the sun and the Chippies are gathering the acorns and running everywhere. My cat is sitting in the window watching these creatures.
Linda, you mentioned about getting glue off. I have an old glue gun that I heat up and try and melt off stuck on stuff. It has worked for me. But I am not sure what type of glue you are trying to remove. Heat might work. But other that that I am not sure what would do the trick.
Can you believe that Christmas is 60 days away. My mom and I already started some Christams Party favors. We have a Senior Citizen Banquet on Dec. 9th at our Senior Center. There should be about 50 Senior Citizens and each will have a favor. We are doing economical favors this year. We are using pine cones to make angels. I have a gazillion of pine cones in the woods and we decided to go GREEN. When we finish one I will send a picture.
You have a great afternoon. Gab at you later.

debra e.

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  2:23:30 PM  Show Profile
I just turned 56 yesterday! I joined the Farmgirl Connection today and am have a great time reading thru the forums. I saw something about a Birthday List, please add me.
thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  2:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Everyone....

Thelma, we would love for you to join our birthday list...just send me your birthday and your address and when I send out the next birthday list you will be on it...Happy Birthday

As of right now we have no Farmgirls with birthdays in November. This will give other farmgirls who want to be on the birthday list to send me your info.

Patsy, you sure have been busy...wow

Debra E. It is beautiful for sure today in GA.

Patty, I love the book mark, I think I can make one of those too...I have a few people I know that love to read. One question...how wide did you make it? I want to make one that will fit many size books...and I think this will work because of the hairband stretching, great idea, thanks. Great job on the easy bake ovens...I also look for things that are on sale... I got some great shirts for a friend yesterday for $1. and for her grandson I got some great outfits for $1 each. I bought DH blue jean shirts for $1 also. We have a store that really marked down there summer items. I know that they are for summer so for the little ones I buy them so they will fit next summer..

Dianne and Glenda, I agree with both of you...I go to someones house to see them, not to look at their house. I wish more people felt that way then we wouldn't have to go on a crazy cleaning spree when company is coming.

I am on the last of my faux chenille blanket...I'm doing the binding now...and then in the was it goes. When I get it finished I will take a pic.

Getting ready for DH 61st birthday this weekend. We are going to have a pig picken and not sure who will be dropping by. The one couple that we spend alot of time with will be here and not sure who else. So wish me luck that I can get everything together. Got to do the cake(or pie) Friday. DH really likes pie better than cake.

I can't wait to see all the items everyone is making for Christmas presents this year, maybe I can get some ideas, like the bookmark...love it...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  3:00:50 PM  Show Profile
Just jumped on for a minute. I'm afraid to let things go for more than a day or two now. It took forever to catch up when I wasn't around for 4 days!

Hi and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, RUBY! We are so happy to have you on board. This is a fantastic group of - ahem! - "mature farmgirls" who take our dolls, crayons, paperdolls and other toys very seriously. We are also the most loving and caring group of gals you will ever meet.

Check in with Penny (Acelady02) and she will put you on the birthday list. If you just click on Acelady02 I think it will take you to the place where you can send her your information. She has a number of posts above that tell you what information she needs (name, address, e-mail, birthdate, phone, etc.)

Patty - I'll try to remember to take my camera along to the Junque Sale (and hope I don't set it somewhere - that's how some things get sold unintentionally). We actually have tons of pictures - all taken by someone else. I "enabled the giftedness" of a couple of great guys who have big cameras. But all their photos are printed out for us - not digital so I'll have to see what I can do.

BTW - cute bookmark! I can DO that!

Patsy, enjoy your own bed! That's my ahhhh after a road trip.

Betty, welcome home! How was the wedding (and the trip)? Pictures?

Debra -- I'd start hyperventilating thinking that Christmas is only 60 days away! But I don't have time.

Ladies, I have all three books and they are lovely - but I'm afraid that "lovely" might not be what you are looking for. No time now, but if you can hang in there for a bit - I will try to give you an overview later.

Must chase dust bunnies or some such thing. Actually, have quite a bit to accomplish this week because, as you know, next week I'll probably be soaking my tootsies around 10 p.m. each night.

Love you all ....

Chocolate Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  3:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon everybody! I think I'll take some time to jot a note and check in & read what is going on with everyone. It was 18 again this morning & the weather man says we have another day of it before it climbs up to a low of 28 or so. I have tomatoes spread out on a table in my craft room, waiting to ripen and a small box & bowl in the kitchen turning quickly here. I have some tomato sauce cooking on the stove and some lentils gently swelling on the burner in the back. That will be our supper with some toasted cheese sandwiches. I have my last load of wash in the dryer and am glad it puts out some heat. Would you believe this morning, our furnace (gas) was just throwing out cool air? So we have a service technician coming this afternoon to find out what is wrong. I am thankful it happened now instead of in the dead of winter.

Tomorrow I GET to go back to the oral surgeon and have my 6 month check for the bone implant in my lower jaw. I am sure all is well with that...I hope. Then I will scoop up Mom and take her to get some gas in her gas can for her snow blower. she has a large one and a littler put-put one that her 4-9" frame can work..or it did last year. There were some good souls who came by however and blew off her walks and driveway. she doesn't drive during the winter (thank God) & DH usually picks up stuff for her while he is in town, or I will if I am there. We will take care of her filters, groceries etc. She sometimes thinks she can drive further and do more than she really can. I know that in my mid 60's, I can't do what I used to do & it bugs me. I can't imagine what it might be when I really am older...80's or 90's... if I should last so long.

Will our snail mail addresses be sent so we can send birthday cards etc? It sounded as though when I read Debra's post.

I couldn't believe when Christmas was mentioned. YIKES! It really isn't that far away, and with Nikki/family moved to Florida, I know we will have to mail most of it. I also am at a loss as to what to make for them. If she were here, I would have a shawl ready. Last year it was a soft Lion's Homespun yarn afghan. It turned out beautifully. I don't know what to think about their winters there..& she doesn't know either. Any hints?

Best get to the chores at hand. The technician should be here soon! Blessings & have a peaceful night!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  4:33:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Claudia -- Yes - we all give Penny our snail mail address AND our e-mail addresses -- and she will e-mail each of us a list of everyone's info. I mentioned above - responding to Ruby - what info Penny is looking for.

Sure hope that bone graft is good. I've been there, done that - majorly. (They took bone from my skull to graft to my jawbone - isn't that halloweeeeny?)

Back to my cleaning/puttering. Wish I could get a huge power surge of energy.

Chocolate Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  4:52:13 PM  Show Profile
Just stopping by for a minute. I thought I would get to stay home all day but received a phone call from a girl wanting to use my pigeons for her wedding. She wants 5 birds! So I had to go find 5 baskets with lids so each person in her bridal party can release a bird. I will have to spray paint each basket white, and make a table cover for a larger table.
The bookmark is so easy. Anyone could make one. The one I made was just a practice run for a hardback book. I used a piece of 1½" wide ribbon and cut it 16½" long before stitching the ends over. I plan on making sets of 2 for gifts, one for hardback books and one shorter for paperback books. I love them and I should be able to keep track of the bookmark and my page.
My 10 yr. old granddaughter loves to read...I just have to share this picture of her reading...lol.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  5:33:22 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, thank you so much for the info. I swear..I hope I get with the program this time. Since my birthday is 7 months away, I may have submitted the info in the beginning, but I must not only have senior moments , but I must periodically retreat into a coma. I will be excited to get the whole list, as I would like to send out Christmas cards to ladies in this group. I don't know how many 42 cent stamps that would be, but that's OK too.

Lentil soup almost done...have to start on the toasted cheese sands. Have a great eve.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  6:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Ruby...would love to put you on our birthday list.

Thank you Darlys for answering the questions on the birthday list...you are a sweetie..

Patty, I love the pics of your granddaughter...

Claudia, I will be sure to get the list out in the first week of November. Since we don't have any birthday's in November, I wanted to make sure the other girls had time to get their info to me. But I will be sure that you have the list in plenty of time to get out the Christmas Cards.

As of right now we have 22 birthdays on the list. I need Linda(Prayingranny) to send me her address, I have her birthday, Month and Day...but not her address...Hey Linda, we won't tell if you tell us what year you were born...lol...everyone else has...you will see that when you get the list. But if you would rather not, that's ok too.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  6:59:47 PM  Show Profile
that post decided to go before I finished the sentence I was saying, 22 of us and counting--now that's a PARTY!!!

"Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it.
Action has magic, grace and power in it"....
Johnn Wolfgang Von Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  7:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy may have her(Tall Holly) email address but we might be able to contact her from here, I will look and see.

I found her in the member section and sent her an email...hope we here from her soon, I will let you know if I do.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 26 2011 7:10:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  7:49:15 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh, at almost 9pm this evening some guy comes to my door wanting to give me a free bottle of Gain and talk to me about shampooing my carpets. I told him through the door (I didn't open it) that I had hardwood floors and no need for carpet shampooer. He still tried to get me to let him steam my floors. Can you believe a salesman would knock on my door that late? Hubby is still in Ohio, so yes I am nervous. I called the police station and told them that I did not know if it warranted a call to them, but I just felt uneasy about the situation. They said to feel free to call anytime...lol. The dispatcher also said that they were notified there were carpet shampooers knocking on a few doors, so she suspected nothing to worry about. She said this little community lets them know anytime someone is knocking on doors. That makes me feel somewhat better. Back in Columbus, Ohio people would have never notified officers about salesman. But it is not too common in this little rural community. The police have my address, I am sure they will do a few drive-bys this evening. I have Smith and Wesson spending the night. I will be ok. :)

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  8:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Patty, I bet that did make you nervous, I am glad you called the police department, better safe than sorry. Glad you got a sleeping companion. lol

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  8:39:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals!Did some laundry today,like a lot of you. Got more to do tomorrow.It's gonna start getting colder tomorrow.
Patty, love the sweater rabbit idea. Got pics? I like the bookmark too. Neat idea. Thanks!
People are crazy to come to a door trying to sell anything after dark. That's just nuts! In this day and age they're liable to be met with a Smith&Wesson just because that's crazy!
Welcome Thelma and Ruby.Happy Be-Lated Birthday!
I really enjoyed the Mr.Turner&Joe stories. Any more stories like that? They gave me warm&wonderful goose-bumps.
Welcome back Betty!Hope you had a great time. Nice to be home though,huh?
Well, it's bedtime for me!I'm tired!
Nite Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  9:29:33 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I am still up. Not sure I will sleep much tonight...lol. I am hearing every little noise. I am papering a wall. I saw online, a wall that was papered with little torn pieces of brown paper bag, crumbled and soaked in mixture of glue and water and put on the wall. It had a "leather" look. So needless to say, I am attempting it.lol. Hopefully I won't have a mess to clean off a wall.
Judy- attached is a pic of the rabbits, though only one is embellished in the picture. The front is a sweater and the back is recycled linens. They are simple to make and I will be more than happy to snail mail you the pattern I cut out for it.
Oh and BTW...Rabbits do not have whiskers...but they just don't look right without them.

Patty #1840

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Oct 26 2011 9:33:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  12:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Patty I would love to have the pattern too if you wouldn't mine sharing it with me too...thank you They are so cute.

I hope you get some sleep, but I do understand...If the wall paper works out please post pics...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  12:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
My youngest son(the one that moved to MI) had an Upper GI endoscopy procedure yesterday, please pray for good results when he goes back to the dr for his results. Thank you everyone.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  12:32:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I'm back from my trip to NC. Pictures as soon as I download them to the PC, I promise. Both trips going and coming were good except for some turbulence coming home but a good flight just the same. Hubby lost his car keys so it's a good thing I had mine. My daughter found them after we'd left so she mailed them out today.

The wedding was lovely. It was outdoors, the reception also and we had lovely fall weather with the leaves turning and some falling in the breeze. There were about 60 guests and the dinner went well except about 10 more people were there than invited. We didn't have enough chicken but lots of barbeched pork and fixings. Wait until you see the photos of the cakes. All looked like pumpkins and one was a diabetic and another was a gluten free. My granddaughter made all of them.

I spent a lot of time cooking and washing dishes. I ironed 15 tablecloths the morning of the wedding but it was well worth it. The decorations were fabulous. There were bales of pine straw, pumpkins and mums all over. There was a tractor out near the road all fixed up also. The flower girl was pulled in a wagon since she isn't two yet and can't walk or sit up. She was born with dwarfism. I know there is a medical name for it but can't remember what it is. She was so excited to be in the wedding and she looked so cute. She carried a pumpkin basket.

I got to go to a quilt shop and found a book I wanted and went through my daughters stash and got enough fabric to make a queen size quilt from a pattern in the book. All I need to buy is the 4 yds of white needed for the main color and the backing. It will be in yellow, white, green and a little blue. The center squares will be yellow and white daisies.

My granddaughter loved her quilt and her crosstitch wedding sampler. They used the quilt as a table cover for the table the wedding presents went on.

We also drove to the ocean up at the old Ft. Macon that's a museum now. I had to see the ocean while I was there. It was another picture perfect day. we did get rain from a tropical depression going through on Wednesday but it was gone by Thursday and things were dried out by Saturday. My granddaughter lost her pot bellied pig that she'd had since high school, not the one that got married thank goodness.

My neighbor that took care of my animals called the day after I arrived to tell me my mama hen had hatched three baby chicks. One didn't make it but the other two are fine. They are like typical children and not listening to mama. She wants them under her wings but they want to explore and get into mischief. Now I'm waiting for the parakeet eggs to hatch.

It's turned colder here and could go down to freezing tonight. The wind blew all night and all day today and the wind was out of the north. I'll check all of it out tomorrow.

Good night to all. Happy Birthday to all of you celebrating your birthdays. Will try to download photos tomorrow but it may be Friday since we have to go to town tomorrow with a long list of things to do.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  05:09:06 AM  Show Profile
No singing good morning today...lol. I only had 4 hours of sleep. I wasn't really scared but nervous. Just so uneasy when a stranger comes to your door so late in the evening. Ok, maybe a little scared. At one point I heard something in the garage and thought someone had my Harley started. I was to afraid to open the door. But after a very short time the furnace kicked on, so I knew it was the furnace getting ready to kick on. Funny, you never hear those noices unless you are really "listening".

Betty- We were all anxious and waiting to hear from you. I am so glad your trip was so wonderful. The wedding sounded fabulous! I imagine the quilt on the gift table looked stunning. I can hardly wait to see pics! It is so nice to have someone you can trust to care for your animals. You sure would not be able to relax on your trip if not.

Penny- The wallpaper is looking great. It does look just like leather. It is on a short wall be built when we moved here last winter. Previously there was a flimsy railing in the dining room where the steps go to the garage. I took it out and built a short wall and have never finished it. I hate drywall work...lol. Since it is glued on paper it doesn't show where I didn't finish the drywall well. I may rub some shoe polish paste over it when I am done to make it look more like leather. I need more paper sacks to finish it...lol.

I am going to try to post a link to the news station in Ohio. It is the 911 call of a 5 yr old little girl that tried to drive her mom's car. It could have been a bad situation, but her 911 call is just so darn cute. I hope it post so that you can click on it and go listen. Well, I am going to get busy with my 2-do list. Have a great day.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/10/25/mansfield-girl-takes-car.html

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  05:13:15 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies, Had some catching up to do. Missed yesterday and I think you gained 2 pages. Yesterday I spent the day sorting and organizing my craft room again and labeling every container, so I don't have to search through them to find something. Actually it looks worse than before I started. But when it's all finished, I may be able to get started on projects. Wanted to work on the bunting for our future grandbaby-Boy, but have 2 Halloween outfits to make by tomorrow. 12 year old grand-daughter and her friend want to be sexy devils, Just putting black turtleneck and legging on them and I'm making a red net skirt with the uneven bottom and sew yellow felt flames on the under side of the netting. We bought horns and pitch fork. That will do it. Not to sure how sexy a 12 year old can be, but if she thinks she looks it, than my job is completed. So I will push things to the side and get to sewing. I just love these last minute ideas the GK's come up with, they just think Grammy can do anything. And I'm proud and happy to do it!!! Patty loved the bookmark, going to add that to my must makes!!! Have a great and productive day! Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  05:20:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! Wow, have 2 pgs to catch up on again! I will do that, gladly, with a cup of tea later this AM. Wanted to do a quick post before keeping the car and taking DD to work . Ladies, we thank you so much and please keep praying for my DD. Yesterday was the first and only day in 6 wks that she was able to say the day was actually ok?!! The Lord is helping her to have more of a peace within herself and not care as much what they think. Yet also, maybe, just maybe these women might be softening in attitudes? One lady who just a couple days ago acted so horribly, told her yesterday what a great job my DD is doing! It is a mix bag there with lots of mixed signals for sure. Who knows the ending to this saga, yet He does! So thankful for your prayers, ladies!! I have been having workers in/out of the apt all week finishing the last of all the upgrade work being done for the complex. Dianne and Glenda, I am with you on the cleaning and organizing thing. I want a place that looks homey and lived in as well. Unfortuneately, my stuff that day was kinda in the way of what they needed to do, lol! So, I worked on that and its all good. They should be finishing up today or tomorrow. There are adjustments to apt living for sure? But boy, I do feel blessed that they take such good care here and I also feel pretty safe here most of the time as well. It is for certain unsettling to answer a door at nite to a salesman! Goodness! Well, I hope I get to check in and catch up more later. Oh Penny, lol! I forgot to give you my mailing address! Senior moments, lol! Will give the year too, ha ha ha, dont mind at all! Have a great day everyone! Farmgirl hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  05:22:06 AM  Show Profile
Patty, that was cute. The poor girl did not know what to say if fear of hr mother getting mad!!!!
Glad your night went well with no burglers. I alway ask the person if they have a peddlers license, which they do need in out town. They should not be out that time of the night though. I would have been just like you, up all night "listening" to all those creepy noises we hear when we really listen. Glad all turned out well.

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  05:25:28 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, I am having a little trouble posting a picture of your Mail Art. I will try a little later.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page