classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  12:23:21 PM  Show Profile
Linda, Nancy, Glenda, and Dianne, loved all your post. It is nice to know theres others with the same problem. I think Glenda has found my problem. If I could just shut myself up in my craft room I'd be so happy. Of course I have DH that is retired but works 25 hrs a week. And then he wants us to be together. Which is nice but it sure interfers with the projects. haha When I'm crafting, I totally forget that I need to fix a meal. Now that the cooler weather is here, I'm planning to get up in the morning and put on soups and one skillet meals. Then when he gets home it's ready, we can eat and back to some hand work I can do when sitting with him. I too love being outside when possible. And we love going and looking through all the antique shops, goodwill, etc. When we get down to Linda's(Ks) we will be hitting a few antique shops, their favorite coffee shop and spice store.Plus they have alot of movies and we're going to take time to watch a few and just have snacks. Will be fun! Can't wait. Even after 4 days together, we'll be ready to plan the next time. I've met alot of her family and DH and I just love them. I'm planning to cut out a bunting to make for our little grandson we will be having in March. If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will when its finished. Glenda I too would love to see your dolls. I use to make porcelin dolls, but would love to sew some. They have such cute ones now. Well hubby just walked in and need to fix him some lunch. Have a goooood day! Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  6:29:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I still need the emails of the ladies that haven't been marked through and if there are any new ladies that want to be on the Over 50 birthday list just email me.

Attention Attention Attention
Thank you to the new ladies that have sent me your birthday info...

But after going over this list of Old and New people I realized that when Peggy did the birthday list that she didn't have email address on it. I haven't put it on my list either but if you would like your email address included on the list I will be happy to put it on there...

So that being said I don't have the people on the first lists email address', which will make it hard for me to send you a new list...lol..so I am going to list the ones that I need email address' for...if you will just drop me a quick note that says birthday list on it and your name, I will add it to my email list so you will receive the birthday email list when I send it out...and if anyone (old and new) ladies would like for me to include their email adresses on the birthday list, let me know that too please...thanks so much

Patsy (craftbug)
Betty (desertwillow)
Becky (Beca)
CJ (ceejay48)
Patty (the byrdhaus)
Darlys (darlystippie)
Debra (debra e)
Eileen (Ellimae)
Ginny (Oggie)
Holly (TallHolly)
Linda (yarnmama)
Nancy (annielaurel)

Thanks again Ladies. I am going to give it about a week before I send everyone the list....if you have any questioned before then let me know...oh and one more thing when you get the list and check you info and make sure it is all correct and if it isn't just drop me a note...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
[/quote]

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
[/quote]

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 26 2011 07:49:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  6:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I am so far behind, I think I will start over tomorrow from this post forward, but do want all of you to know that I appreciate all of you...I love reading about your lives. I will try to get caught up reading all the last few pages I'm behind on. Thanks all for being here...on my rough days like today it is wonderful to come here and get lost in all the post...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  7:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick note to all of you wonderful FGs that sent me cards for my birthday. I reached in the mialbox today and felt CLOTH! Patty, that was the neatest "card" I ever saw! Some sent tuck-ins, others hand made them, all were so special and I felt truly blessed and totally immersed in love...and they all didn't come at once, now THAT'S a birthday celebration, not just one day, but lots of days. my email box was also bombarded with cards, isn't that just great? THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! HUGS & KISSES ALL AROUND xoxoxoxoox

Going through jetlag today from our 10 hour drive from Ohio back to NC yesterday, but it was worth it all! today we got grub back in the house, unpacked everything we brought home..how is it, we always come back with MORE than we took? (thanks to my dear sweet sissy and mama), tomorrow we are trading freezers with hubby's sister and a friend wants us to help him get his new laptop online and I need to get laundry on the line by wednesday since the next 2 days are the best for hanging it outside. no rest for the weary, eh? have a good one dear, sweet farmgal sisters..

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  7:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies. Thought I would check in tonight as I have a busy day planned tomorrow.
Judy- I hate it when family leaves and forces you into withdrawal...lol. I get sentimental at times and miss my sissys something awful. That was one reason we moved to Illinois.
Glenda- The pigeons are home. Safe and sound. I think I will turn release them again tomorrow. I am kinda gun shy about taking them too far now..lol.

Our leaves are turning, but not too many on the ground yet. It got up in the 70's today. My swiss chard is getting ready to cut again. I am thrilled to have another cutting. I will be able to put some more in the freezer for soups. Hubby has picked all the pears at out Ohio house and will bring them home for me to can. I was worried I was going to miss out on them...lol. I spent today in Effingham, Il. 91 miles away. I took my serger to the shop and hated to leave town until it was ready to go. So had lunch and found some thrift stores, until the sewing machine shop called me. Tomorrow I will go another direction and weigh in at WW. I am exhausted tonight. I am watching the baseball game, rooting for the Cardinals, but I doubt I will be able to stay up all 9 innings.
Well, that bed is calling me for sure... have a good night.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  10:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEGGY!!!!!!! I SURE HOPE IT IS THE BEST ONE EVER!!!!

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday Dear Peggy!
Happy Birthday to you!

Love and hugs for your birthday.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  02:40:29 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Patsy...we obviously were posting at the same time last night as I did not see your post until this morning. I am glad you liked the card. They can be framed in a 4x6 frame for keeping. Glad you arrived home safe and sound and you must have had a wonderful visit because your sissy has been talking about it for days. :)

Well ladies, off to start another busy day. Going to try to get all my great thrift store finds from yesterday put away and a load or 2 of laundry on the line before I take off for my weekly weigh in.

Patty

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  03:45:50 AM  Show Profile
Good am, ladies! Glenda, so enjoyed your story of your gma! I remember my gparents so fondly as well. They have been gone now for so long. I was fortunate to have all 4 of them in my life until I was about 16 when we lost my gma. Lost my gpa in my mid 20s, my other gpa and gma in my mid and late 30s. My dads parents had a grove of fig trees and I grew up with a lot of fig jams and butters, etc! My moms parents taught me a lot of life. My gma taught me to sew, knit etc. * sigh*, some good memories for sure! Ladies, my DD is feeling the prayers. No changes, but she is trying to not let it tear her down as much? Trying to hang on until the Lord guides her to a new solution. Well, time for tea. Hope everyone has a good day! Happy Birthday Peggy! Farmgirl hugs, linda (ks)

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  04:58:12 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,

I have a busy day today. Just checkig in to say hellow.

Happy Birthday Peggy! Happy Birthday to you! Have a wonderful day today.

I will check back later in the day to read all the posts.

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  05:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Has anyone heard from Peggy? I haven't seen her post for a couple of days....If she doesn't post today, I think I will give her a call and see if I can get her on the phone

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  10:46:14 AM  Show Profile
Here I am gals! I will be 65 in December and headed for medicare I am excited about earning badges while I learn new things. I guess i will always be a farm kid at heart! Feel free to chat with me any time as I want to know what badges you are working on.
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  10:58:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls,

Just wanted to wish Peggy a HAPPY BIRTHDAY too! I hope it is filled with family, friends, and fun!

I've just been working my butt off still trying to get ready for winter. I am so sick of rain, but really don't want snow either. Snow at Christmas would be just fine, then it should melt and we should have summer again, lol!

Dianne - Windows 0 - lol! Will have to use that at work too if it's ok with you? Also can you send your hubby over, I need a new livingroom and garage roof before we get snow ;-) I too am so far behind it isn't funny.

Linda will be happy to pray for your DD. That is so sad, but often that is the case. People need to lighten up in general.

Have a great day ladies!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

mamalindalu
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Linda
Priest River Id.
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  12:20:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
Being new, I am trying to find time to keep up!!
Post-um-notes have been mentioned several times, but I can't seem to find the original email telling how to use them.
Since I am only able to spend a short time on the computer, need I say how far behind I am already? I would like to answer each and everyone of you that has been so kind to me, having the note funtion would help I'm sure.
Thanks again to the group of sisters that always seem to come to the rescue!

Recognize that no one is responsible for your life but you.~
Oprah Winfrey

Mamalindalu
Sister #3576
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  1:00:54 PM  Show Profile
Well, I've been off a couple of days so, prepare yourselves, I've got some catching up to do!

Hi MELISSA -- jump in. So glad to have another spunky woman chiming in. Your garden expertise will be welcomed, too. And I think I need to say "hey!" to GRACE (with her dirt manicure), too! Goodness, a couple of "dirty girls" to add some spice to the senior side. So glad to have you both! LINDA from Idaho, welcome! The chronologically gifted gals are glad to have you. At 66 you are younger than me: 69. Hi THELMA - I, for one, am glad to see some sizzling sixties sweethearts jumping in. Love you ladies in your 50's - but as a great granny - it's nice to see a few more who arrived in the 40s. Hope you new ladies are getting your birthday and contact info to Penny.

Linda, I guess I posted the first thing about Sticky Notes responding to Glenda's frustration. It's one post up from the bottom of page 95. Then a lot of discussion about Sticky Notes, Note Pad, etc. followed. We all seem to have some version of something that works great. If you start there and just follow the thread ... you are bound to find out what will work for you. Hope that helps.

Grace, We have a home in what I believe must be the Gopher capital of the world! 2-1/2 acres with gopher holes e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. All of Oakhurst has them in mega-abundance. We just planted a huckleberry bush in a wire cage to protect it. A neighbor was putting in some fresh plantings and just watched as his work disappeared into the ground. munching - munching - yummy. Wish there was a way to get rid of them without having to trap or poison them. I would get yukky sick if I saw dead gophers everywhere.

Patty, I love the time-out dolls!

Penny, What is going on that your are having a down day, gf? You just breezed right by that. I hope you're okay.

Kansas Linda, colorful words! Oh, my! My youngest daughter was the queen of colorful language and, about 15-20 years ago, her (then pre-teen) sons set up a penalty jar - charging their mom a quarter for each infraction. She ran out of money and had to put in IOUs. She still owes big bucks and will never be able to catch up. She is also still trying to sanitize her "expressiveness."

Judy, so glad you are feeling a bit better. Hope you are completely healed really, really, soon! Glad you were able to enjoy having Patsy with you. Sounds like she really pumped you up.

Claudia - I just tucked those Via packets around a little pkg of mini-notecards and a little sachet packet. They traveled without a hitch. I figured that they are sealed pretty securely - and it seems they do fine in the mail.

Your mom sounds a bit like my MIL ... she's 92, still lives alone (in a retirement community condo) still does ceramics - but finally, a few months ago, had to give up driving as her eyesight is not great and her reflexes are slowing down. Everytime one of us "kids" visits her she has a honey-do list 3 pages long.

Glenda, I truly loved reading about your grandmother. What wonderful memories.

PeggyAnn, It makes me shiver to know that you lived so close to Dodd. You are far more Christian than I am as I would not have prayed for him. I thank God that Jesus loves me anyway.

Dianne, good to know you are roof-water-proofed. You've been busy with your produce. Pear butter sounds wonderful ... along with syrup and the other good things I see here.

Ahhh - motivation. I have to get my act together and get things in order this week for sure! We will go to Oakhurst this weekend - then I will be preparing for the final push before the Junque Sale. Thank God for all the different churches and members of the community that come together for this. My volunteer "schedule" keeps shifting - but it will all come together.

Next Tuesday we will move the pews and put up about 50 big tables. I will make a hot lunch on Wednesday to feed about 60 or so volunteers on Thursday. Thursday and Friday are unpacking, sorting, pricing and setting up days. Saturday we open the doors at 9 a.m. to the public ... there will be a long line waiting to get in. (This sale is famous.) We also have an area set up by the kitchen where there will be volunteers serving lunch and selling baked goods. It's a really busy day and we should raise big bucks. Prayers appreciated! We have voted to give Community Services $4000 for Thanksgiving turkeys. The rest will keep the community food closet stocked for a good portion of 2012.

I guess I better stop chatting and start getting things in order. I also have to reserve the car rental and pack for Maui. (That means, among other things, do laundry.) So, ladies, I will probably be a bit sketchy for a bit. Know I will be thinking of you. Love you all ....

Chocolate Kisses .....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

mamalindalu
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Linda
Priest River Id.
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  1:12:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Darlystippie
I'll check it out as soon as I fix lunch for the huby.

Recognize that no one is responsible for your life but you.~
Oprah Winfrey

Mamalindalu
Sister #3576
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  2:14:29 PM  Show Profile
Also, you know back in those days out in the poor country side during the depression, there were no water hoses. All water had to be carried from the nearest well in a bucket. I try to remember that if I get to thinking life is too tough.

"Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it.
Action has magic, grace and power in it"....
Johnn Wolfgang Von Goethe
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  4:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday, Peggy!

*throwing confetti and balloons in the air*

Hope it was the best one yet. :) xoxo

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  4:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Glenda thank you for sharing your memories of your Grandmother. They touched my heart and helped me to remember some of the good times with my Grandmother. Those times were few and far between as we lived so far apart. That was always my mothers greatest regret. She said I was so much like my Grandmother she wished we could have been closer.

Patsy glad you are home safe and sound. I always end up with more coming home than I did going. Even if I am taking things to leave with family. How does that work?

Ginny Feel free to use the windows 0. I would love to come to Main. I just don't think my DH is going to think fixing a roof is a good reason. You know he works, we craft. I'm just not sure he would go for that.

Glenda that last story brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing such a sweet story. Yes it is wonderful to know there are flowers in heaven and room for us too.

Well I need to get off this computer and get dinner started. I think I will make something easy tonight. Maybe I will get the rest of my heart yo-yos cut out and start stitching them up. All of you have a wonderful evening and know I am praying for you and God loves you.

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  5:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Yeah all just so know one will worry, we don't have any farmgirls with Birthdays in November, which is perfect since I am still waiting on everyones email address so I can get the list out...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  9:36:10 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Thelma! Glenda, that was a beautiful story!! Thank you for sharing! Well, I was doing a basically lazy day today and then the doorbell rang. More maintenance guys. Changed litebulbs and wrapped the water heater. I was embarrased as I had a sink full of dishes and craft papers all around my chair as I was working on stuff. That will teach my messy self! Lol! Well, ladies, it is pretty late so I will say goodnight. Pleasant dreams to all! Farmgirl hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  11:45:24 PM  Show Profile

Hi! Betty austin here, my e-mail address is bettyaustin@iwvisp.com.

quote:
Originally posted by Acelady02

I still need the emails of the ladies that haven't been marked through and if there are any new ladies that want to be on the Over 50 birthday list just email me.

Attention Attention Attention
Thank you to the new ladies that have sent me your birthday info...

But after going over this list of Old and New people I realized that when Peggy did the birthday list that she didn't have email address on it. I haven't put it on my list either but if you would like your email address included on the list I will be happy to put it on there...

So that being said I don't have the people on the first lists email address', which will make it hard for me to send you a new list...lol..so I am going to list the ones that I need email address' for...if you will just drop me a quick note that says birthday list on it and your name, I will add it to my email list so you will receive the birthday email list when I send it out...and if anyone (old and new) ladies would like for me to include their email adresses on the birthday list, let me know that too please...thanks so much

Patsy (craftbug)
Betty (desertwillow)
Becky (Beca)
CJ (ceejay48)
Patty (the byrdhaus)
Darlys (darlystippie)
Debra (debra e)
Eileen (Ellimae)
Ginny (Oggie)
Holly (TallHolly)
Linda (yarnmama)
Nancy (annielaurel)

Thanks again Ladies. I am going to give it about a week before I send everyone the list....if you have any questioned before then let me know...oh and one more thing when you get the list and check you info and make sure it is all correct and if it isn't just drop me a note...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

[/quote]

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  06:05:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! It is chilly and grey out there right now. Possible rain today. I got an email from a farmgirl in Co and they were expecting a decent snowstorm last nite! Not sure I am ready for such an early winter! Lol!! Today I have some straightening up to do and some cards to continue making. Hey, a question? Does anyone know what might soften a crazy glue type substance? Need to get some glued on wooden stars and moons taken off a corner cabinet I inherited for free and want to repaint and kind of antique or distress. It was in a kids room. We have gotten some to pop off, but many seem glued on there for life, lol! Help?! Well, time for some tea. Might be to cold out on the balcony tho!! Have a great morning and I hope to check in later on. Farmgirl hugs, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings/blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  06:10:22 AM  Show Profile
Thelma, you mentioned badges. I have done the shopping green one. Its a fun and easy one to start with. Working on a knitting and sewing one now. Have fun with them! Farmgirl hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  07:35:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh, what a feelin'
What a wonderful emotion
Yeah, what a life
What a beautiful day
What a beautiful day

Good morning Chickies!
Welcome Thelma.
Ginny - I am with you girlfriend, Snow from the middle of December to get me in the Christmas Spirit to the first of Jan is plenty.

Glenda - Gosh wild boar hunting sounds fun!I wanna come visit....lol Wonderful story about Mr Turner. When I was a young girl my day picked up an old man that had missed his bus going from his brothers back up north to his daughters. Dad brought him home to spend the night in our little tiny camper. He did not want to go back to his daughter, claiming her and her husband were hateful. "Joe" ended up staying for a couple of years in that tiny camper. He aquired a dog during his stay and eventually his daughter and her family came to get him and his dog. It was a sad day as Joe had become part of our family.

Dianne - What do you do with the yoyo's. I love yoyo's but don't have much patience in making them. Once in a while I make them to put on my stuffed sweater rabbits.

Darlys - I would love to see pics of your Junque sale.... I can't even imagine how big!

Well, I already have a load of clothes on the line. I have to go pick up some feed sometime today. But would really like to stay around the house. I took some elderberries from my mother's freezer. Now I have it figured out how to make it...but you ladies that take this elderberry tincture...how do you use it when it is ready?

I have decided to take the pledge that every Christmas gift will be handmade, or reused this year. There are plenty of items that can be reused and I can make plenty of items. I wanted to buy my granddaughters and easy bake oven. They are $49 new, and the mixes are about $& for 3 mixes. Crazy! Little girls grow out of that type of toy so quickly. So, I found 2 of them at thrift stores, one for $4 and one for $5. They look like new but the boxes are damaged. I don't need the boxes, as they will just throw them away. I will just package them with a big ribbon in a decorated shopping bag. I found loads of recipes on-line for mixes. I plan on putting some mixes together with my own printed labels and instructions and making a recipe book for each of them. It will be a wonderful gift.
I made a "stay-put" book mark yesterday evening. I will post a picture. My family loves to read, so this will be a perfect stocking stuffer. It was easy and I generally buy a lot of ribbons at thrift stores and yard sales. So it will be inexpensive as well. I used a piece of ribbon, an elastic hair band and a button.
Well, off to get some work done! Have a wonderful day.

Opps, I typed this hours ago and forgot to hit "submit reply"...lol

Patty #1840

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Oct 26 2011 07:37:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  07:39:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Glenda I'm with you on the cost. I don't mind spending the money if I am going to get some use out of them. As for clutter, isn't that an accent item like dust. LOL I try to keep only one or two projects by my chair and they are each in a seperate bag so I can grab one and go if I need to. It also looks a little moe organizes to have pretty bags or baskets by my chair. It's not more organized, it just looks that way.
I am with you on the house thing. I don't go to someones house to see how perfect it is or isn't. I go to see the person or people. I hope it's the same when they come to see me. So fair warning. If you are in the Weiser ID area your are welcome to drop in just don't expect perfect!

I would love some more information on the badges. It sounds like fun. So any experienced farl sisters want to share wisdom on this we would love to hear from you.

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page