Page: of 218

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  10:51:50 AM  Show Profile
These will also fulfil my intermediate and expert crochet badges.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  11:18:17 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Nancy, Am looking forward to getting to know you more. You will like it here, I am sure. Lots of support, ideas, prayers, etc. Stick around and get to know the rest of us.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  11:20:54 AM  Show Profile
Connie, great work you do. Love the shawl. How long did it take you to finish?

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  11:32:15 AM  Show Profile
I worked on it nights and weekends and it took me about 3 weeks to complete. Kind of a tedious pattern, as the rows grow you actually chain the whole length then add in the yo-yo connection so the pattern is being joined as you work. I do like the finished product, but didn't like all those long chains!!

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  5:15:13 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, hope your surgery went well. Get better soon!

Dianne, here is a picture of my pitiful strawbale garden. I finally got the book so next year will be much better. Amazing what following the directions can do.

Anyway, sorry to not respond to everyone, phone is ringing... going to dinner with a friend.. later all!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  5:37:24 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

A lovely day here in the Green Mountains. Temperatures in the seventies and low humidity. Clouds off and on all day long. I took Taliesin (14) to the dentist for his last three fillings. The dentist said they are not his fault that he has soft teeth. But if I saw him use the toothbrush more often I would believe her more thoroughly.

I have been thinking of Mariannne's daughter all day sending good vibes for positive interview outcomes. I hope the interviews have gone well enough so she gets the choice of which job to accept.

I hope Kathy's shoulder surgery has gone well. I was thinking of the one armed problem and if Kathy uses her imagination she could remember holding a baby in one arm and pulling up her pants with one hand. lol

marylyn how is your husband's leg?

The son of a friend of ours had his appendix out last night at 8. Cyrus had not been feeling well. He is home today. He leaves for college in ten days of so.

I have seen on TV or in National Geographic pictures of wasp eggs on caterpillars but never in person. it is disgustingly fascinating. How amazing to recognize it for what it is.

If the rings on a wooly bear are supposed to tell how long a winter will be what does itmean when a wooly bear does not have three stripes but only two?

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

starr peele
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Starr
Jacksonville NC
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  5:47:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I just signed up and I to must be one of the "oldies" as I am 63. I just retired in Jan. 2012. I read Violet Rose post and I am to a cancer survivor and I am happy for each day as it comes. Life is good. I hope you will all welcome me. I am from NC, coast.
Thank you to everyone and hope I can have a great adventure with this group.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  7:02:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Starr. You will like it here, I am sure. You will get lots of advice, support, prayers, etc. Just hop right in.Hope to get to know you better soon.
Bunny,it does look like the haybales could work, if planted the way the book says. It does look like you will get some tomatoes though. Good try.
Holly, what is a wooly bear? Never heard of it.
It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, I sure hope so. I am hoping the rain wakes me up in the middle of the night. I don't remember when we had rain last.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  7:37:35 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Nancy and Starr! You can both expect warm enthusiastic welcomes from all the gals here. It is a friendly, helpful, wise, wacky, supportive group. It takes no time at all to feel at home. Share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. We are thrilled to add you to the line up.

Thank you friends for your thoughts and prayers for dd. After two more interviews, she was offered the job and has accepted. She is looking forward to starting on the 27th after all her background and drug tests. They made a reasonable offer of compensation and the benefits are great. We are thrilled for her. The long search is over! No more whining and asking for prayers about this subject!! It is such a relief. The endless "no's" were taking such a toll on dd. And I know we all have someone in our lives that is going through this.

I did some sewing today. Just a simple apron, nothing Bunny-level. That is going to be my new standard when I think of a sewing project ... "Is this Bunny-level? Or more Marianne-level?!"

So, Bunny I have to laugh everytime you mention...if you follow the directions. I'm sure the haybales will be a bigger success next year. The tomatoes look good.

Holly, were you able to have the sealants applied to Taliesin's teeth. My kids had great results with them, but they do have to be reapplied... Thank you for your positive thoughts for my daughter.

Kathy, hope you are following us even though you can't post. Hope your surgery was easy and your pain is manageable. I'm sure the inactivity will be annoying to someone as active as you.

Connie your sweater is so pretty. Love the shawl, too. Your work is beautiful.

marianne

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  8:35:19 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, gfs...I had not even had time to check my mailbox for three days!!! Just plain forgot....so a big thank you goes to Marianne and Janet for the lovely birthday cards and tea....y'all are the greatest. I, honestly, don't think I have ever had as many cards for my birthday as this year! It was great!

Well, I took DH to the emergency room yesterday...they took an exray and thankfully nothing was broken. His little toe was displaced and they did reset that...not a real big deal just a good stiff yank and a little yelp from Jim. However, ligaments, tendons, and muscles are all pulled and some torn. So, it is ice packs, Advil, and no weight on the leg until it heals which could be a couple of months! When I got home from work this morning at 8 o'clock I took him out to sit and watch the cows while I fed and watered. Then when I woke up this afternoon we did it all again...then I fixed supper and came to work. Not to bad...I guess the most stressful part is keeping an eye on him and the cows and bull! LOL Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes....looks like a long haul...at least a couple of months!

Welcome to the new Farmgirls....Nancy and Starr....jump right in, don't be shy, you are among friends.

Oh, Connie, I absolutely adore the sweater and the afghan ..... So talented, heck, i'm still in the practice stage of crocheting...hehehe

Kathy, I hope your surgery went well and that you are resting comfortably.

Oh, Bunny, I love the hay bale gardening idea...when you figure out the secret let us in on it....the tomatoes look great.

Well, ladies, I'm at work, so I had better go check on my residents....talk at ya's later!!!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  06:08:56 AM  Show Profile
It is just starting to rain, am praying it keeps raining. We had only had 10 drops at a time for the last couple of months. Never enough to even get the ground wet. Getting cooler also. Yahoo!!!!!
More later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  06:15:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Marylyn, I am so glad to hear you got your birthday greeting. I was beginning to wonder how I had fouled yet another birthday card up!! I don't have the best track record with sending items to the correct fg on the correct date.

You are gonna be a busy girl with your dh laid up like that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Wow, two months...

Off to get a haircut. Then market for a load of groceries. My MIL flies in from San Diego tomorrow afternoon and the kids get home LATE tomorrow night. We will enjoy a short visit with dd and her boyfriend as they will leave Sunday afternoon. But, it seems everyone is looking forward to my baby back ribs and pasta salad. Sigh, guess I'm making ribs and salad. What a pain in the neck. But, I do so like to see them enjoy. Why can't grilled cheese be everyone's favorite?

marianne
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  07:32:35 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
I may have to go in tomorow, Friday, instead of 9 am Monday morning. I am so not ready to go back to work. I have enjoyed my time off way to much.

The fires are raging. We need a good rain to help put them out. They are not real close to were I live but are expected to go through 2 more small town west of here. It is so smokey it makes it hard to breath. Pray for rain.

Connie I love the colors in the shawl. It is beautiful. I have done the same thing with sweaters I knit. I tend to knit tight so they are usually to small or I try and compensate and then they are to big. LOL Oh well I have friends or family that are smaller and biger than I am.

Bunny thanks for the pics. That is a neat idea. Let me know how next year turns out. It looks like something I could do here for a few plants while the main garden is at my DD's house.

Starr welcome to this crazy and loving group. Congrats on beating cancer. Each day is truly a gift.

Marianne Woo Hoo a job! I know the feeling. I had 2 DS's out of work but both have found jobs. It is still hard to be a parent when you see your kids struggling. Tell your DD congrats.

Kathy prayers for a speedy reovery.

Marylyn I will keep you DH in prayer for a speedy recovery along with Kathy.

An update on Michael. He is better. Still in the hospital but off the breathing tube. He was able to get up and walk for a short while. Please keep him in prayer.

My AC went out yesterday afternoon. It got a bit warm in here towards evening. Thankfully the nights have ben cool. I put fans in the windows to keep it cool. I will have to close everything up about 10 am though. Hope the repair man gets here early. It is supose to be 95 today!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  09:09:36 AM  Show Profile
Connie, love your shawl and sweater. I don't have enough patience to do anything that time consuming.

Marilyn, hope your DH gets better soon. Most men aren't very good at staying down for long.

Marianne, you are funny. I'm not that good of a seamstress. If you took a close look you would find all kinds of boo boos I just hide them well. So great to hear about DD's job. I hope it is a good one.

Dianne, glad to hear Michael is getting a little better. Must be hard for a young guy to go through. Hope your air gets fixed soon. We are going to be about 103 tomorrow. I bet you won't be much different. Hot weather isn't fun!

Well today is computer day in the basement. I have decided with all the things I want to do I needed to schedule my week better. Especially once school starts. So Thursday's are computer days and I work on my digital artwork. Hopefully I can do what I want soon.

Starr, welcome to the group. You will enjoy all the ladies here. They are an active and loving group.

Stay healthy and cool!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  09:15:57 AM  Show Profile
I forgot to say, the problem with my strawbale garden was I didn't condition them first. For 20 days you condition them with ammonia sulfate. Not every day, but every few days or so. I have seen pictures of strawbale gardens that looked wonderful. Thankfully I finally got the book and know what to do next year.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  4:35:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey - Hey .... I'm back. Password - it turns out - is easy to reset. (I think I reset it - but maybe I'm still using the same one - I'm having a brain burp.) There is no way I am going to catch up ... it's been how many weeks? The pool boy is fine and looking forward to his next adventure. Possibly with Glenda again as she always shows him a real good time. But Nancy keeps him laughing and well fed. He's still deciding. And after looking over the list of all the new folks (since I was last on) he claims he will have to "roam" a bit. Put on your lipstick, girls ... pool boy headed your way.

I hope there is weather relief spreading across the country. It's supposed to be in the 70s here all week.

Welcome to all those who have joined us recently. We are SO chronologically gifted here!

Marianne, so glad to hear your daughter's good news.

Marylyn - your DH's situation just sucks! Am so sorry.

Holly, I had soft teeth ... do whatever it takes. I now have a mouth full of implants.

Bunny, hope the job is "materializing." (Awful pun, I know)

Get well wishes out to Kathy.

Penny, if you are looking in, I hope you are well and happy.

Nancy's just a short way from Boston now and I'm waiting to hear how her FIL is faring. She promised to call.

Glenda is on the road again - I think she was home just long enough to wash her undies. Continued prayers for her brother.

Prayers for all who are in need of healing or relief in any way.

Maybe I mentioned that DS got his music degree in July - and will be pursuing more classes come fall. And he will be volunteering as a docent in the Music for Minors program in the local schools here. He starts 40 hours of training for that early in September. The docents commit to going into the classroom (grades eligible for the program are K-5)to teach music for an hour once a week for a year. Meanwhile, not urgent, but it would be truly wonderful if I could get some prayer-power going that he finds a job that will dovetail with the volunteering and continuing education.

DH got a new Volvo and won't have to put up with me complaining about the "ride" in his car anymore. It is sooo comfortable and the passenger (shotgun) seat has a really good lumbar support. He's happy that it gets good mileage and has 4 wheel drive. Win-Win.

We are off to Oakhurst again this weekend - taking his car - and I'm finally okay with that. My back issues have been reduced considerably.

I must revel in a bit of domestic delight before the sun sets.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  6:10:03 PM  Show Profile
Daryls, good to have you back! We missed you.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

starr peele
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Starr
Jacksonville NC
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  6:27:36 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your warm welcome. You all seem to share alot about yourselves so I guess you must have been doing this for some time. Is it easy to get to know people through this? I am kinda surprised.
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  7:34:37 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, so glad to have you back and nothing wrong. Hope you remember your passwprd now. I forget mine on alot of stuff, and then cannot get into it. Prayers sent for your son. It is hard for anyone to find jobs these days.
Prayers being sent for Glenda and her brother. Hope he is doing better.
Starr, yes, we do share alot here, and we all give so much support to each other. Feel free to chat about anything. We also do alot of venting. We all are like sisters here and share whatever we feel comfortable about, but we do keep things clean. I know you will soon feel at home with us and get to know us better.
Well, the rain only got the ground wet and that was it again. Seems the rain is always north or south of us and just bypasses us. It is cooler though, 40s at night and 60s during the day. Autumn is definitely in the air.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  9:05:17 PM  Show Profile
Starr, you will get the rhythm. I turned fifty in December and officially joined. So, eight months I have part of the group and it takes probably about 4 to 6 weeks to get everybody's name/farmgirl name straight!! Some of us will stand out because of the frequency of posting. But, share what you are comfortable with.

Darlys, glad to hear you are so pleased with your co-pilot's seat in the new car. Good to hear of your son's volunteer position. That will be great on his resume. Isn't it alarming how much kids have to work for free these days. I don't mind when it is benefitting the kids, etc, But, huge companies are taking advantage of free labor in the form of "internships" in my opinion. What can you do though? It is an employer's market - too many applicants. But, your son is in my thoughts...

I so hope Glenda is getting some rest with all the running she is doing with her brother. I can't imagine the stress she must be under.

So, Bunny, was it a productive computer day? At least you enjoyed the coolness of the basement...

And tomorrow my MIL comes for a ten day visit. She is a lovely 85 year old. But, passive aggressive and she drives she ape. I am dreading this visit for some reason and usually I take it in stride...sigh

marianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  05:45:12 AM  Show Profile
welcome newbies. you'll love it here. we all 'travel' to other forums, but call this one 'home'.

surgeon said all went well but i can tell you typing one handed isnt fun.

arm killing me all the time but i have great drugs that mostly work.

i'm doing my prayers sitting on edge of bed instead of on knees for awhile. i'm sure they still work.

expecting rain today. green beans ready for picking but jenny wont go into garden. shes pretty great with everything else she does for me just not in garden. i'll have to enlist hubby tomorrow or they'll start getting too big.

holly - jenny loves the cut tape village. shes glad its not origami.

cant do more. need drugs.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  06:36:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!
As usual I have been a bit out of the loop, lol!

My gkids started school and my DD is back to work part-time at school.....
Sooo back to being with my pre school granddaughter . She starts pre-k on Mon.

Gosh it seems like kids just got out of school, we blinked and they are back in!! Been a very hot summer for all...but seems like it went fast??

Thoughts and prayers to do many affected by the fires! It has been so awful!

Temps here ,are at long ,last beginning to cool down!!

So looking forward to the fall season! Winter and snow!??? Not so much?
Hope each of you have a good morning

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  08:11:18 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

I didn't have to go in today for the online class. Woo Hoo one more day of vacation! LOL Any way I do go back Monday at 9am for a staff meeting. I am so not ready to go back to work :(

The guy came to fix the AC. He said it was to hot for the machine and the compressor would kick of when it got to warm. Then he said if I would run it all the time the pressure would not build up and make the compressor get hot and kick off. There is no way I am running that thing 24/7. Our power bill went up $90 last month. So it goes off each evening. Maybe it is a good thing I am headed back to work.

Darlys Glad your memory returned LOL We missed you. Tell DH congrats on the car find. It is hard to get one that makes everyone happy.

Marianne I will keep you in prayer while your MIL is visiting. Hope all goes well.

Kathy glad you dropped in for a minute to let us know surgery went well. To bad one of is not closer we could help in the garden. Praying for you.

Linda thanks for the prayer on the fires. Idaho has had it's share. There is one still going strong and taking out small towns in the area. Not just a house or 2 but towns. Please pray for rain to help put it out.

I am off today to take a spinning lesson. I can't wait to pay off my wheel, so I can have it here to work on in the evenings. My Dh laughed at me when I said it would take a while to pay it off. He knows me to well. LOL

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  08:24:05 AM  Show Profile
Greetings Sisters, Blessings to all for a safe weekend.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Cherokee Proverb
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  09:24:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Dianne! Prays for the small towns, that is horrible!
I have a spinning wheel that belonged to my Great Aunt. It is very precious to me and I would love to learn how to spin some day!
I think a new yarn store in town offers classes.

Have a great day, everybody!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page