beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  6:01:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi - guess I've been a bit awol and no, I didn't steal the pool boy, after all, I don't have the lemon aid recipe.

I will be off line for a couple of weeks I guess, since I have enough trouble typing with two hands.

Jenny has been very helpful in trying to get me to just tear out my whole garden before the surgery!! Here she is with my Sunflowers and my 'tiny' Coral Zinnia. Neither were supposed to be half as tall as they ended up being. Really - those are supposed to be 3-4' tall Sunflowers for cutting, and Zinnia for borders.
And, we cut the sunflowers off at the fence level (4' tall) about a month ago & they just started re-sprouting again. You have to look close at Jenny's hand for the pink flower - another one about hip level. There are a lot more blossoms, you just can't see them in the pic.

I had an old dresser I had planned on making it a strawberry tower thingie, but after it sat out in the rain since May, only one drawer was still usable for anything. I planted salad greens in it. I covered it with wire just to keep the doggies out of it. I can't put it in the garden, it needs to be in the shade still.

We are on our second planting of green beans, have been picking tomatoes and jalapeno peppers for weeks. I have 5 gallons of tomatoes in the freezer awaiting the time to sauce them, 31 pints of green beans also in the freezer and I lost count of the peppers. Jenny & I are making salsa tomorrow. About 8 pints of it, I think. The beans will be ready in about 2 weeks. Poor Jenny - she'll be doing all my gardening for the next couple of weeks and we all know how much she 'loves' gardening.

Bunny - It sound like you mother isn't handling the stress too well. I will add her to my prayers. But, it sounds like she may need some counseling - later. Tell her to speak to her Relief Society president or her Bishop. You may need to step in & make those calls. LDS social services will help her if she needs the help. They will NEVER turn down someone who needs help. Just putting it out there. Don't know if you're LDS or not, but they will help. Your Mother is just dealing with a lot and as you said a few pages ago, her world is spinning around and it may be just more than she can handle alone.
By the way, I loved your cat quilt. What amazing talent.

Enough for now. Prayers all over the place!!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  6:10:42 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a lovely day here in the Green Mountains. The temperatures must have been in the low eighties or high seventies. There was a light breeze. The humidity was high for around here. Last night we had rain. It poured and poured hard. One would think with the rain the humidity would have gone done. No such luck.

A friend I had not seen in 22 years she tells me is in Vermont vacationing with her family. We met for lunch. It was nice to visit. She is working as a temp because she was laid off of work a while ago and has not found a full time job. She is from New Jersey.

I worked on Ross's club house. I put up the roof rafters so I could figure out how to put in a door. He is excited to have a play house.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  7:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Holly, Kethry did a fabulous job on those curtain. I do like the color she picked for her room, and the curtain match so nice. I am sure Ross will be so happy when his club house is all done. Good you got to visit with your long time friend.
Kathy, Will be praying that your surgery goes well for you. What are they going to do? I am sure Jenny will be very helpful with the garden. Your flowers are so big!!! Must have real good dirt for them to grow so huge.
Laurie, how nice to be able to meet more farmgirls. I am sure you enjoyed that alot.
Connie, I missed watching the meteors, but years ago I would lay on my lounger outside and watch them shoot by all night. Some great showers. So pretty and exciting.
Marylyn, that would be nice if you could even just set up your camer on your land and go glamping there. Plan on doing that, it will feel good!!!
Finally got to take a short walk tonight. The weather here is like autumn now, so the humidity is low and much more bearable. Even though it was so hot, summer went by so fast. I am not ready for cold weather yet, but it is not too far away now. Oh well!!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  07:10:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. My husband worked all weekend so that left me on my own, Never a good thing over the weekend...LoL. I hit the local Lowes and then got busy in the yard and planted every perennial I could find that was blooming. The summers here are so hot and humid that everything just struggles to survive. July and August are the worst months, but I figured I could plant this late and get away with it. I was so glad to see a little color back in my yard. In the spring I do whites, pinks, purples, blues, and some yellows. I have an orangy pink Hibiscus but not too many oranges as it's a strong color and takes away from the clam that the other colors evoke. Tonight, its vegetable gardening!
Lorie

http://thevintagegardengirl@blogspot.com

Edited by - Lorie.Vance on Aug 13 2012 07:13:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  07:38:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
I hope all of you had a great wekend. Mine was way busier than I expected, but fun.

Bunny Love the pic of the cat really neat.

Marianne We got about 10 seconds of rain. I am not sure that even classafys as rain. LOL

Laurie sounds like lots of fun for you and your daughter. Rituals like that are great and keep people close.

Holly looks like the guinea family is doing well and growing.

Marianne sounds like you enjoy all the animals in the area. We have horses and a mule now and they have been great fun. The flies have been really bad. Probably because we had a mild winter. So the horses take a little more work but they are worth it.

Nancy Love the dolls they are so cute. You can never go wrong with a sock monkey. Sock monkeys are one of those toys that tie generations together.

Connie I am dreaming of fall weather to. Hi 90's this week and next. the lows are in th hi60's so there is some releif at night and in the morning. AC is on by 10 am though.

Holly those are wonderful curtains. I love the color she chose for her walls. Tell Kethry I love love her curtains. My youngest DD is like me, we love color on the walls. She painted her bathroom a dark teal greem with with trim. It is really great.

Kathy Tell jenny she look great in the garden with all the flowers.
You come up with some of the neatest ideas. I would never have thought about making a strawberry tower out of an old dresser. Sorry it didn;t work out. I would love to have seen it all full of berries.

Janet I am with you on the not ready for the coder weather yet. We still have some hi temps here in Idaho, but I know it wont last. And fall seems really short. Probably because it is one of my favorite times of year.

Lorie love the pics of you yard and flowers. I live for other peoples flowers. LOL

I need to get moving. I have to get out to my oldest DD's house and help clean the are she wants to put her raised beds in for next year. Also we are moving the chickens out to her place. She has an acre so there is room. I have one grumpy neighbor who complains that I am running a chicken opperation out of my back yard. So they are going. I will miss them. Hopefully we will find a place out of town soon!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  08:08:50 AM  Show Profile
just dropped by to say Hi! had a busy weekend working in my mom's yard. took her back the the neur. last monday and he added the same pill back to her meds that made her so sick..tried giving it to her but she has already lost a lot of weight and doesn't need to lose anymore weight so called the doctor this morning and left a message that i would not be giving that to her anymore. whether they call me back or not, don't know or care at the moment. The other pill they gave her doesn't make her sick and seems to be helping a lot with her memory but they want even more. i just cannot with good conscience make my mom so ill - know what i mean? she isn't hurting anyone or her self and her memory is improving with the one pill so i don't see me giving her the 2nd pill. any ideas or suggestions?
love the cat picture and the monkey dolls with clothes! so cute and creative and i am so longing for some time to be that way again..
hoping to buy some peaches when i get paid wednesday. found a spicy peach salsa i would love to can but will have to see how the money works out. still paying the vet for sally's last visit..
well, my work world is about to go crazy so hugs to all!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  10:36:55 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, what a great picture of Jenny and your garden.
Kathy, I 'm not LDS just my mom and sister. My mom has talked to her bishop and others at the church but gets no response other than sympathy. She says her ward doesn't have the money available to help her with a long term problem like that.

Lori, what a wonderful garden! I love the middle picture with the little garden sculpture. Can't figure out what the other furry or feathery thing in the picture is. Do you have some chickens?

Dianne, sorry about the grumpy neighbor. Good thing your daughter has space.

Janiee, sorry about your mom and her mess. Good thing she has you to look after her.

Funny thing happened to me this morning. I found a job in the local paper for a librarian assistant up at the college and was going to call to get more info. It is a part time position and I thought it might work if I could work it I between my school schedule. But I haven't been able to get through. The phone lines have been down for two days. This morning after my last try, I got an email from Accuquilt. A company I have wanted to work for for over two years. I applied for a demonstrator position over a year ago and pretty much gave up on them. I got an email this morning asking for a good time to call me for a phone interview. I'm thinking the universe is telling me something. I'm just wondering how I'm going to fit it into my schedule at school but if it is meant to be, it will all work out.

I forgot to tell you all about my strawbale garden. I kind of messed up because apparently I was suppose to condition it first with ammonia sulfate for 20 days before planting. I finally got the book... Little details....
So next year I am going to try again doing it the right way. I do have a summer squash plant struggling along and one tomato plant making an effort. Next year will be much better. But I will definatly try this again.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  12:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! Janiee, I sure hope your mom is feeling better. I'll send payers out to her and you. Bunny, I do have 4-lil Easter Egger Chickens (Bitty, Birdie, Hattie, and Fannie). They are in that picture running around the yard behind the pool. I don't know if I could work in a library, I might get fired for reading all the books and not doing anything else! You all have a good day. I'll check in later.

Lorie

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  1:25:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Everyone...just a quick note cause that is all the time I have got, but I wanted to say hello and that the weather here is great...

Mainly, I wanted to thank Nancy for the lovely birthday card and tea! I absolutely love the crocheted doily...it is perfect and, please, know that I will always cherish it!

I'll write more later....right now there is sort of an emergency going on at my house...I'll catch y'all up on it all later!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  3:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Holly - Kethry must have gotten her talent from you. But then I also appreciate purple shades. My sewing room is painted sweet pea purple. It's a fairly dark shade of purple, but not quite burgundy. I don't think it's over powering, but my husband would like to make it all white. Good thing he doesn't go into my sewing room much. I threatened to help him 'clean up' his workshop and he left me alone.

Mother Nature and I made a deal this year....I promised not to use any bug sprays normally used to kill of all those nasty bugs. Mostly I pick them off & toss them into the chicken palace and the girls fight over them. (yum) However, this morning as I was cutting back some tomato plants, I came across this interesting item:

It's a tomato horn worm (not sure if that's the real name of it, but that's what Granny called them). It's covered with little white wasp eggs. It's what Mother Nature uses to control bugs. A little scary, but I know it's natures way. I left it alone, knowing that next year there will be more flying bugs out pollinating more flowers & this worm would be gone pretty soon - from the inside. (eewwwwweeeeewww!)

I was complaining some pages back, about my pumpkins not sprouting fruit this year. I have tons of pretty green leaves & flowers abundantly, however no fruit. I planted 6 sugar pies & 6 white baby boos. I still don't have any sugar pie pumpkins (good thing Libby still does canned pumpkin), but while cutting down some grass, I noticed 1 little baby boo. Those are those tiny white pumpkins used for decorations mostly, but I think they're cute on the vines. Had tons of them last year....oh, and we cooked them up with the sugar pies and used them too. I'm glad I have at least 1 pumpkin to show for the space set aside. Even if it's one tiny one.

Bunny - sounds like whatever job you get is the one you are supposed to have. After all that, it better be, right?

Janiee - I love peach salsa, but I don't make it myself. I buy a case of it when I visit Georgia every other year. It goes great on angel food cake or chicken. What a versatile food.

Well, I already planted a bunch of lettuces, spinach & other greens for salads for fall growth. Tomorrow, I'm going to plant a couple of red cabbages and hopefully the cut worms that found my potatoes, won't find my cabbage.

Holly - Jenny got the package today that you sent her and she went in to her happy dance all the way back from the mailbox. She has tried Origami before & just doesn't have the patience to do the tiny sharp folds. Thank you for thinking of her. She is drafting her note right now!

I got a get well quick note from Darlys. She said she lost her MJF password and can't get on. I think she found that pool boy with the pony tail!! Has anybody checked?

Prayers all around & welcome to our newest members (forgot to say 'hey' before).

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  9:22:00 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, Jenny looks great in the photo. I think you must have your flowers on steroids! They are ginormous. I adore sunflowers and zinnias both. Your salad drawer looks great. You have really put up alot of produce. You should be quite proud of your efforts. I hope you are feeling calm about your surgery. Will you be in the hospital for several days? I hope you will be reading our posts even though you won't be able to type. We'll be sending you good wishes and prayers. How is Jenny feeling about being chief gardener? Oh, that's right. We already know! I have never seen a tomato horn worm. That was really interesting to learn that those were wasp eggs ... kinda creepy... Bummer that your pumpkins are such a low yield this year. My vines have really taken off. I guess I'll see if some fruit sets. I enjoy having lots of pumpkins to decorate with and then I cook them up mostly for the dogs. (Libby's is still the easiest way to make a pie in my book.)

Bunny, Congratulations on the opportunity to interview with Accuquit. Things turn out the way they should, I guess. You seem so busy with your quilting classes, demos and sewing classes. I think you are going to be relieved to start classes again. Oh, Bunny it does sound like you would enjoy our home. I love the windows open at night. It is busy with the animals, but not always fun!

Connie Sue, I am so glad that you are doing so well leading the weight watchers groups and selling Pampered Chef. Wouldn't it be fabulous if you could combine the two with low cal recipes that are very fancy. Our Fair must be the week after yours. I am in complete agreement with you - keep your relish!! Good luck with the crocheting. Hope you get it entered, too.

Marylyn, What a treat it must be to have property that borders a national forest. Wow.

Lorie, Your garden looks so beautifully calm. Love the chickies.

Janie, Sorry your mother isn't tolerating the medication. I think you are your mom's advocate and you have to do what you know is best. A trade off of keeping down good nutrition instead of some enhanced memory seems like the right choice to me, too. Don't let the doctors bully you into trying the medicine again if you don't want to. It is very difficult to have these decisions on your shoulders. I am sure you are doing your best.

Dianne, I think your grumpy neighbor stinks. Not literally, but you know what I mean. Too bad you had to relocate your hens. But, how nice that you had somewhere for them to go. I am ready for the fall weather, too. Which, as you said, will fly by so quickly!

Had my eyes checked today. We changed doctors because we hadn't thought the last doctor had done such a great exam. This optometrist did do a thorough exam and found a little something for me to worry about. I have narrow "angles" which may limit the drainage of fluid in my eyes. This will lead to increased pressure, which if it goes unnoticed will lead to "angle glaucoma." So, I need to be seen at least every few months to monitor. As long as I keep up the check ups so that I can be on top of any increase in pressure it can be treated via surgery before any major damage to my sight. So you can bet I will keep up with the several checks a year. (I am a bit squeamish about eye surgery which is apparently inevitable ... but, I am a wuss, so no surprise there.)

GOOD NEWS! ( sorry to shout ) DD has two interviews this week. She had two phone interviews today and has been invited to interview in person for both positions. Please keep her in mind tomorrow afternoon, gfs, when she is at the first and most wanted job interview.

Hope everyone sleeps well ... or is already sleeping well!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  9:29:14 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, gfs...what a difference one day can bring....my DH is on a couple of different cemetery boards here, we both have family buried in them. Last spring one year ago we had a massive tornado come through our area and it destroyed two cemeteries that my husband is a board member of....so lots of work has been going on this year. They have been building a pavilion at one of the cemeteries this month....my DH called me this morning and told me that he was coming home because he hurt his leg...okay, so I fixed an ice pack and got the Advil out of the cabinet. I knew it was bad when he pulled the truck right up next to the front porch steps. It took several rest periods to get to the front door...absolutely, no weight could be placed on his right leg. My kitchen chairs have rollers on them so when I got him to the front door I ran and got a kitchen chair and rolled him in the house. After getting him situated, iced packed, and Adviled...we discussed a trip to the emergency room, my DH agreed, but stated that he needed to rest for a while. So my biggest thought is how in the &?$:@ am I going to get this big guy back out the door, down the steps and into the car!?! In short, we decided to wait until tomorrow to take the trip. Whew, I just got him into bed and I'm whooped! Poor feller...believe me he is not an indoor type person...I feel so bad for him.....Anyway, that's where I'm at right now...I'm going to bed.

Good night, ladies...

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  01:35:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh boy, Marylyn. I bet you have had a long night. Hope the difference a day makes is enough for your husband to avoid a trip to the emergency room. Saying a prayer ...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  06:41:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! After hearing about Marianne's experience with the eye doctor I just had to tell you all what happened to me this week. I went to the eye doctor for my annual exam, and was fitted both for contact lenses, and glasses. I mostly wear contacts but like to give my eyes a rest on the weekends. anyway, after I received my glasses, the doctor told me to wear only the glasses for the next few days so my eyes could adjust to the changed prescription. I put them on and whooa baby, I was dizzy. I asked about the strength of the prescription and complained that I couldn't see well. They told me to not worry that my eyes would adjust but to just wear the glasses. I wore them all weekend and had headaches, and just felt nauseous. Anyway, on Monday I couldn't stand it! I was expecting dignitaries in the office and I had to be at my best to provide a brief. I went back to the doctors office and they were surprised to find that the glasses I was wearing in the frame I had picked out were not my prescription (so much for quality checking your work). Anyway, they reordered my glasses (I'm still waiting), but I will never go back to that office again (Len's crafter's). They blamed me...go figure...stating that I should have insisted that the glasses were extremely off. Thank goodness I'm back in contacts, have no headaches, and I can see!!

Lorie

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  07:51:26 AM  Show Profile
Marianne - I have no worries about the surgery, I'm only worried about the 'after' when I have to figure out how to do stuff one-handed. Well, I talked with God & put myself in His hands & will let Him do His stuff on me. I'll be getting a blessing tonight & I'm first on the surgery detail tomorrow morning, so I'll be ready & the doctor will be fresh.

Lori - terrible to have to suffer the whole weekend feeling dizzy and nauseous, then to be told it's all your fault?! We used to use Len's Crafters because they were in the mall & my husband could get his glasses in about an hour. When insurance changed, we changed to Peepers. Love them to pieces. Got new glasses in Feb & since then, they have tolerated me coming in every couple of weeks to have my lenses readjusted. I am a little rough when I clean them, I guess. I keep twisting the lenses in the frame when I wipe them.

Auntie M - I sure hope you get your husband to the hospital today and that it's not serious. Sounds like you have your hands full. I'll be praying for you and him too.

Well, that's it for a while sisters. I'm sure by the time I get home from the hospital, Jenny will have my computer stashed away so I won't get tempted. It is supposed to be a same-day surgery, in & out same day. Unless I need a blood transfusion (I have a blood clotting issue), then I'll have to stay the night. But, I believe I'll be home tomorrow afternoon sometime.

I'll still be praying for you all and missing you more than you know.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  08:26:26 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies, just a quick note to tell you all is well with me but I have had little or no internet access. Prayers to all of you, thank you for your prayers for me. I can read some of the posts on my iphone but it is too hard to post from it.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  5:57:37 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Everyone's lives seem to be in third gear and spinning right along.

I guess Kathy that you may not read this for a long while with your surgery today. I hope it went well. I think the book I sent Jenny is not origami but more like glue the tab to make a house. I was not sure about it because I am not sure of her interests or abilities. But, she can cut and glue and have a good time without worrying about whether the results are perfect. I appreciate you telling me she is not good at origami. I will look at the book sale this weekend for something else.

The weather has been quite pleasant here. Temperatures in the high seventies a bit of humidity. Too many clouds at night to see the Pleides meteor shower but that happens every year it seems.

Sending out good thoughts to all who are hoping for jobs. and good health.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  06:23:44 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, prayers being sent that your surgery went well. Now, you need to take it easy for awhile.
Holly, our weather here has been pretty much picture perfect, in the 70s with low humidity, 40s at night, so it makes for good sleeping. We still need rain though, we have not had any in so long, I am getting tired of watering.
Not much going on here, a little catch up, DH had the last 2 days off work, so that put a kilter in my routine, so today I am doing laundry, and will finish up tomorrow. Will be going out for breakfast shortly with my sister, our Wednesday thing for over 20 years.
Hope you all have a wonderful fun filled day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  07:34:15 AM  Show Profile
Janet, I envy you being able to have breakfast with your sister. I sure miss my sister sometimes (LoL). She lives in Northern California so breakfast is out of the question.
Kathy, I hope your doing better, prayers to you!
Holly, I wish I had your weather, it's hot as heck here, can't wait to get away in December someplace just to see snow. I love it!!

I'm working today, still have dignitaries in town so it'll be a busy day! You all have a great one!

Lorie

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  08:08:34 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
It has cooled down here a little. We are not in the triple didgets, but still in the 90's. Lots cooler at night, so sleeping is easier. I love to have the windows open at night.

Janie I agree with you on the meds. Have you looked into another Dr.?

Bunny I hope you get the job with accuquilt. That sounds like something you would be really great at.
I would love to hear more about your strawbale garden. I must have been MIA when you were talking about it.

Marylyn I will keep you in prayer.

Kathy ewww and ick! I know it is mother natures way but that is realy gross. By the way we also call them tomato horn worms here in Idaho.

So that is where that pool boy went. I was wandering. Darlys forgot her pasword. Yea Likly story. LOL

Marianne I don't think your squeamish. I would feel the same way if I knew surgery on my eye was going to happen at some point. Prayers are headed your way.
HooRaa for interviews. I hope all works out for your DD.

Marylyn prayers for you DH headed to heavens gate right now.

Lorie I have heard of several people having problems with places like that. One friend took her DH to Wal-Mart's eye place because he was having trouble seeing out of one eye. Wal-Mart said it was nothing and would go away. She did not feel right about that and took him to an optomatrist. After a full exam the eye dr. found atunor growing in his eye. He had to have it surgecly removed. So much for Wal-Mart. I know it is more expensive but I always go to the eye Dr. at his office here in town. He wears glasses and has been in business for a long time. I have always had good service from him and his small staff.

I have stuf to do today but don't really want to. Need to work on the alpaca fleece, clean the house, (I hate house cleaning), start taking apart the chicken fence so we can move it, and the list goes on and on and on ......

I sound like a whiner don't I. LOL
Hope all of you have a great day.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

NancySully
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Nancy
Centennial CO
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  09:17:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirls! I finally have some time to introduce myself. Let's see.... I love farmhouse antiques, knitting, crochet, and gardening. I collect old novels from the late 1800's, green depression glass, and old oil lamps. Yes, dusting is a nightmare! I live in the suburbs and we have a cabin in the mountains. That's why I haven't been on my computer much lately. We have alot of beetle-kill pines and everyone has been in a panic to clear out the dead trees after all those fires we had. The High Park fire was a little too close for comfort!

I would love to have a few chickens, but we travel too much and there are coyotes in my neighborhood that go right over a 6 ft. fence like its not even there.
I have two grandsons that are the light of my life! What else... oh, I've been redecorating my laundry room around an old 1947 Hoosier cabinet that belonged to my mother. I'll post pictures when I figure out how!
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  10:28:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy! Welcome! I actually have a few green depression glass plates, cups, and saucers I was thinking of placing on the barter page. I'm not sure of the pattern. I bought them when I gave one of the ladies that works for me a garden themed baby shower last year. Everything was Pink and Green and there were hundreds of flowers everywhere. I'll see if I can take pics of them this week.

Lorie

Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  10:44:05 AM  Show Profile
thanks Marianne, and I have been doing just that: combining WW friendly recipes and cooking methods with my Pampered Chef clients, it is a perfect blend.

I did finish the crochet shawl, so it is ready to enter the fair next week. Have a sweater finished as well. I have decided not to enter the relish, just don't want to waste it!

Let me see if I can post a pic of my shawl and sweater......

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  10:49:33 AM  Show Profile

This is called Yo-Yo crochet, a pattern from Annie's Attic. It is still hot here in Texas, but I'm ready for fall weather with a new comfy shawl! For entry in next week's county fair.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  10:50:49 AM  Show Profile

I made this one for myself, but even after checking gauge it is too small for me in the shoulders so after entry in the fair it will go to my sister. Also crocheted.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page