jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  6:39:07 PM  Show Profile
Too tired to address everyone tonight, but know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I shampooed the livingroom and bedroom carpets today, that meant alot of moving furniture around. I have to work at a slower pace so I don't pop my hips or shoulder out. Then I got my craft area all straightened out and stuff put away, made a mud pie and meatloaf for supper, of course, had dishes to do, pick tomatoes. Now my house is all clean. I just could not stand the dust bunnies anymore. I have put it off so long because of the hot weather.
It has been in the 40s at night and low 70s during the day. It is starting to feel like autumn weather. Time to start wearing long pants again pretty soon. It is refreshing though, but still no rain!!! We need some badly.
Tomorrow I work,so that will keep me busy.
Have a great evening gals,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  05:14:17 AM  Show Profile
Cindy and Liz, congrats on your new disease free lives! Thank God! I lost my mother to renal cancer when she was 50, so I'm so glad to be 51 and still alive. I have eliminated processed sugar from my diet (Cancer loves sugar), and have given up all soda type drinks a few years ago (connected to renal cancer). I strive to live and eat healthy, and of course Crossfit so I can be around for my grandchildren. Okay, I don't have any grandchildren yet (my son is only 21), but I can't wait for them to get here, and I want to live and share a long healthy life with them all. I hope I get more than one...:)

Lorie

http://thevintagegardengirl@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  06:55:15 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
Just dropping in for a minute. I have my 2 oldest GKids coming to help sort out the white rock by the front walk. It is not white any more. LOL Who ever put it in did not put down a weed block of any kind. Now it is all weeds and dirt. DH did not work on deck last night. I can't really blame him. It was still in the 90's at 7:30 last night. Ho way to Hot!

Marianne I just finished up with all of mine. I do have to go back to the dentist for some work, but I new that. Waiting on the insurance to clear the crown that I need.

I hear thunder! I see clouds! How much you wanna bet it blows over and no rain. LOL

If I don't get a chance to get back on tomorrow: You all have a great week end.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  10:47:32 AM  Show Profile
Marianne, funny about your doctor visits... Peek and Poke.. isn't that the truth. Funny about your DH bailing on the blood work. Your a good "mom" for making him go back. Bummer DD and the car. I'm sure someone will contact her. My son and I did that one time and it took a little while for us to get contacted. Good for her to leave a note. At least the person knows what happened.

Welcome to all the new members. So many of you I can't keep up.

Lori, good for you on kicking some 20 somethings in the gym.

Kathy, I wish our summer was winding down. It is going to be in the high 90's for the next 10 days. Not looking forward to that!

Holly, so cool about Ross's club house. He will have great memories for years to come.

Nancy, I want to see pictures of your projects too!!

Not much going on here. Had a stressful day yesterday. Mom keeps saying when my stepdad dies she is going to lose her house. She will lose her SSI and only have his. Then the next day she says she has it all worked out. Then a month later she is at it again. She has alternatives I don't have as far as living arrangements. I just want to get my college out of the way and get out on my own. I had nightmares and woke up with a terrible headache from clenching my teeth all night. Sad thing is she is LDS and says they won't help her at all when the time comes. My sister lives in Utah and her church is paying her rent, car payment and cell phone bill. Maybe my mom should move to Utah when stepdad dies. He is in the VA home and not doing very well. She gives him a year, I'm hoping he hangs on a little longer. I told her it would probably take at least a year for the bank to evict her and foreclose anyway. Too stressful to deal with this again. Her glass is always more than half empty.

At least I have my sewing for now. I'm working on a few things I hope will bring me some income. My little bright quilts and some photo's I have been working on manipulating on my computer. I hope to sell them as art on my etsy site when I get this hammered down. Here is one of them...

Today is another day in the basement. I'm going to be doing a demo with my fabric die cutter at the local quilt show in a few weeks and figured I need to make some bright little quilts to show off. I'm hoping it will get me some teaching jobs close by.

Holly, I checked into making scrubs and I can't do it and make any money. The scrubs take almost 2.5 yards and I went on Etsy and they sell for about what it would cost for the fabric. I have fabric here to start and I may make some. But in the long run I get no money for labor. I don't know how people do it unless they are buying cheap Joanne's fabrics. Which I won't do because it is terrible quality for something that is going to be washed a lot.
Stay cool everyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  2:05:41 PM  Show Profile
Diane, I bet you will be looking forward to getting that crown done ... maybe not looking forward to paying for it, though. So, did you get any rain?

Bunny, Sorry to hear you are worrying so much about your mom's situation, and consequently your own situation. It doesn't help when you seem to not get a straight story from your mom. My parents weren't all too optimistic either. I find it very wearing on me to have to cheer someone up constantly if they won't "get out of their own way."

You have a great plan in place with school. The end is in sight. I hope financially things ease up. Will you hear soon about the scholarship? Praying for ya.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  2:11:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot to say that I love the artwork,Bunny. It reminds me of the paint by number sets in the 60s. I think it would be a fantastic hanging for a vet's office, especially.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  5:27:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone,
It is so much cooler out the last few days, finally! I am on vacation the last 2 days & next week & the weather is suppose to stay like this yeah!!!
Thank you Janet,Marylyn & Darlys for the birthday cards!! What a wonderful surprise! Love the teas Jan, Thank You!! For my birthday tommorrow, I'm going to the River Valley Farmgirls meeting/get together. It's a State Fair theme. I will be meeting them for the first time. I'm looking forward to it. There is a glamping weekend planned in Sept with them. I started getting my stuff in order, well not "order" its all over my living room... my cats are having a great time. My daughter & I are going to get facials & massages in the afternoon, then out to dinner. Her birthday is in 2 weeks. This is our "ritual" we've been doing for a number of years now.
I put up 15 jars of jam Thursday & started making my zucchini breads. I dehydrated more onions & leeks today.
Welcome to the newest farmgirls! Hi Lorie, love the carriage house! My oldest son lives in New Port Richie, FL. In Nov. I will be coming down to visit them & 2 of my sons. Also Hi to Nancy & Shellee!

My thoughts & prayer are with you all.

Laurie Jean #4200

"I can't clean because... I get distracted by all the cool stuff I find"
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  5:33:39 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

Here are pictures of the guinea keets.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  5:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

It began to rain last night and did so for most of the night. It poured really hard for a long time as well. the dirt roads have gullies in them now that the road crews will need to smooth out soon. the temperatures have dropped into the seventies and high forties at night.

I played with Ross (4) a good share of the day. We went to the school playground. We found an injured barn swallow on the ground. I took it to the veterinarian's and she was going to call someone who does rescue. We think maybe it had a head trauma from flying into a window and maybe it was in shock so the vet was going to treat it for shock.

Hope you are all well.
Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  6:07:50 PM  Show Profile
Worked today, but first I had to water my garden before I left. We keep missing the rain that is forcasted. It only got up to 69 degrees and very windy today. Time to put the shorts away and bring out the long pants again. I even heard a flock of geese fly by, which means they are getting ready to fly south. Had to close the windows in the house, it is downright cold now. It is a relief from the heat, but I just am not ready for cold weather yet. There were alot of people that came into the store with jackets on. Last week we were dying in the heat!!!!
Hope all are doing well. Too much to catch up on right now. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  6:48:52 PM  Show Profile
Holly, as usual your pictures are wonderful.

Laurie sounds like some fun coming up soon for you. I wish I had a little trailer to do some glamping. It is on my list.

I'm jealous about those of you with nice weather finally. It is going to be over 90 degrees for the next 10 days. Thank God for air conditioning.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  8:19:17 PM  Show Profile
I love hearing how different everyone's weather is. It seems that 50% of the time I am jealous and about 50% so glad to be where I am! I guess that's about right. Bunny, I think we are having an unusually warm summer about the same as your area. Usually we run our AC overnight once in a summer and we have had it on until very late for weeks!!

Holly, had to share the photos of the guineas with dh. He agreed they are so cute.

Laurie, Sure hope you have a great birthday tomorrow. I am so glad you have a farmgirl group to join. I am still having a bit of trouble finding a farmgirls group locally. I think your day of pampering with your daughter sounds great. My dd and I have birthdays two weeks apart also and one year we enjoyed pedicures. It is a special time to gab and relax!

Just went out to visit with the horses for a bit before we turned them out into the big pasture. Dh and I each had an ear of fresh corn for them. They enjoyed it so much! Just savored it. Made such a juicy, slobbering mess. I had gloves on and as the palomino bit into his ear, it completely drenched my hand through the glove. So funny! When they were done, which took a while, we walked with them out to the far gate and watched them canter off to a shady spot, tails held high. Of course, the mare had her rear end half cocked towards the gelding just in case he needed to be kicked.

Then we spent some time picking up the apples that fell today. The deer really appreciate it if I put all the apples together in a big bucket for them so they don't have to search for them. Actually, I am hoping to keep the deer out of some of the plants under the apple trees ... mixed results so far. But, since the deer end up smashing some of the apples under their hooves and it ends up drawing bees and wasps, I try to keep it all picked up.

Of course, yellow lab, Sammie, thinks the green apples look suspiciously like a ball that could be thrown for her enjoyment. Apples tend to explode when you throw them far enough to satisfy a labrador. Then, yellow lab has to decide which piece she should retrieve. Every once in a while she comes back, swallows and looks up at me as if to say, "Oh crud, I just ate the ball."

Another day that I think, what would I do without our animals. They provide so much entertainment and joy.

Have a great weekend!!
Marianne

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Aug 10 2012 8:22:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  8:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Welcomes new gals, Lorie, Nancy and Shellee, nice to have you newbies here...jump on in...sorry I haven't been around lately..but by the time I get home from work...I am worn out and have been very bad and not spent much time here. Please forgive me...

But if any of you newbies would like to be included on our birthday list..just send me your birthday with the year :) and your address...I will put you on the list and then will mail you the birthday list. We do this in case anyone wants to send birthday cards or other things, you don't have to even if you are on the list...but it is nice to have everyones address just in case...

I bought a box of peaches this week so tomorrow will be canning peaches. I did it last year and we really enjoyed them during the winter. A Farmgirl named Kimberly told me how she put them up and I did it her way and it was so easy and they were so good that I will use her way again this time. I told DH if the guy is back this coming week I might get another box. They were picked that morning I bought them..the box was around 35 lbs or so and just $20 which I thought was a great price. They were picked from a orchard in SC...not farm from where I grew up.

I'm so glad I got a chance to read and catch up but sorry for not responding to everyone tonight...maybe this weekend I can. I am also working on a baby blanket for a friend that had a baby girl yesterday....I'm almost finished and will post a pic. I also have another one to make for a girl at work...I really do enjoy crocheting the blankets and love seeing the joy in the Mommy's faces to have something made special just for them.

Well I need to get back to crocheting a little more before bed. Hope everyone has a great weekend...it's calling for rain here.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  04:18:24 AM  Show Profile
I have been so busy lately. Sorry I have not been posting. I am off to Boston next Tuesday to visit with my DH's mother and father. His dad is not well and we want to get there to see him before he dies. It has been nearly a year since we were up there.

I am posting my latest dolls. I will post the picture of the quilt I did for my SIL as soon as I can.

Hugs to you all.

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  04:40:24 AM  Show Profile
Holly the guineas are so cute. What an adorable family.
Here are the pictures.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  04:51:27 AM  Show Profile
OMGosh...clothes on a sock doll, how precious!!!!

Holly, the guineas are so cute....good parents....just like you are...a clubhouse for Ross. When I was little my clubhouse is where I lived!!!

Nancy, have a safe trip and check in if you can!

Penny, I would love to see your peach recipe....I love peaches, my favorite fruit!

Gotta run...talk to ya's later,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  05:36:04 AM  Show Profile
I just went back and read several pages of posts - so I feel 'connected' to all of you again! Welcome to the new gals, I'm fairly new myself.
Been busy with a short mini vacation, have those first few Pampered Chef shows under my belt and another one on Monday. Also found out my territory manager for Weight Watchers secured another meeting for me to lead and that qualifies me for insurance benefits, I am so very excited! I have been self insuring for about 6 years since my husband retired, and though I am in really good health I wasn't going to be without insurance. Have seen too many people in my family have catastrophic health needs and insurance saved us - so I have done without other things in order to keep it. But now I will have fantastic group insurance through Weight Watchers, and my monthly premium will go down over $200. So with the other small 'jobs' I am doing we will finally have a little bit of ease in the finances.
Also, the roofers delivered their supplies, so there will be lots of pounding going on here soon - we are doing some minor remodeling while the roof is being done too - we just got a new roof last year, but another hail storm in May got us another one. really didn't want to go through this again, but our agent said if we didn't replace again, ad we had another hail storm in a year or so, then we would have bad leaks and insurance wouldn't pay - so another new roof it is.
Prayers continue for all of those in need, and hugs all around.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  09:01:21 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, great pictures. Love everything! I want to make some dolls for a nonprofit organization and your doll is so cute!

Penny, I don't think I'm on your monthly birthday mailing list. I do have the year calender but don't get monthly reminders. I think you said you have a list for that. Could you put me on it so I REMEMBER to do something. I feel so bad about flaking each month.

Marianne, I'm jealous of your property. Sounds like a fun but busy place. If I lived close we could start our own farmgirl chapter. I live in the boonies and haven't found anyone here either. My mom won't sleep with any windows open at night so we have the air on every night. I hate it. It's really loud when it comes on too.

Connie Sue, good to have you back. Great news about both Pampered Chef and Weight Watchers. Good for you!

Not much going on today. Just working in the sewing room on some little quilts. I have to get ready for a class I'm teaching at the quilt show in a few weeks. I only have 6 students so far. Kinda bummed about that. But most people don't understand the tool I'm showing off for the fabric cutting. Looks like I'll be doing some demo's the two days before. I'm hoping that will get me a few more last minute sign ups.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  2:34:45 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

Overcast most of the day. The forecast was rain so several of the yard sales that were advertised did not happen. Humid most of the day. Now it is sprinkling.

I can imagine having hail big enough or long enough to damage a roof. I am glad I have not had to live through a storm like that to damage our roof.

The dolls Nancy has made are so cute. I would like to have figured out a way to visit you while you were visiting the in laws in Massachusetts. We are about three and a half hours from Boston.

Have a good afternoon

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  7:47:11 PM  Show Profile
We are having fall weather, 40s at night, 60s to 70 during the day, but the last 2 days has been so windy, makes it feel alot cooler. Our hot weather is now gone until next year. Actually heard a flock of gees yesterday, getting ready to fly south!!!! We still have not gotten any rain, so I am still having to water alot. There is alot of dew in the morning, but not enough to water the ground.
Our state fair starts here Monday evening, but don't think we will be going. If we do, it will be on the weekend. Monday we are going to Mackinac city, which is a 3 hour drive from here, just a little getaway and picnic. Will be taking Olivia (dog) with us. She loves to ride in the car.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  05:27:54 AM  Show Profile
We have hail pretty often here in Texas, this last storm (in May) lasted over 15 minutes, and the hail in some pieces was golf ball size. Last year, that time we had softball sized, but it didn't last as long.

Our county fair is the weekend after next, I am trying to finish up two crochet pieces to enter - already have 2 done. Was going to enter my zucchini relish, but to enter you have to submit a pint and I hate to waste a whole pint of relish just to see if I win a ribbon and a $3 prize. But.... who knows maybe I will LOL! My zucchini is done for the season, though I'm still getting some in my CSA box. I would love to go to the state fair, but it is held way up by Dallas - 5 hour drive from me, so we never make it.
Only dreaming of fall weather here, supposed to be 100 again today *sigh*

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  05:29:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs!!! It is a lovely day in the Ozarks....temps have dropped and what a relief!!! Temps in the 80's for a few days and down in the 50's and 60's at night....now, come on rain! I got up early this morning to go outside and view the meteor shower, well, wouldn't you know...it was cloudy! I did see a few Friday night though.

Well, it appears as though everyone is having nice weather....what a blessing. Everyone is taking mini trips! I wanted to go Glamping this week, but we cannot leave the cows, who are still having to be fed and wated twice a day! Maybe i'll set my glamper up in the back yard or pull it up into the pine thicket...hummmm! Or maybe a nice long walk in the woods...not a hike...just a leisurely stroll in the woods. If I go out my back door and walk to the fence and climb over it then I am in the Mark Twain National Forest...now that's doable!

Well, y'all have a wonder-filled day and enjoy the weather!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  08:12:57 AM  Show Profile
I saw 7 small meteors here in Texas just before dawn, may look earlier next time to try and spot some bigger ones. IT was crystal clear and actually pleasant to be outside. Not so during the day, promises to be at least 100 again today. Don't really enjoy Texas in august.......

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  1:54:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi All!
I had a great time at the River Valley Farmgirl's get together. It was so nice to put faces to the names! What a wonderful group of gals!
Marianne I loved your stories! I can picture the horses eating the apples from the basket & Sammie fetching one! Animals are the greatest aren't they!!! You just never know what they're gunna do next.
Penny I'd really like your peach recipe also. My peaches won't be as fresh as yours but I love them, they're my favorite!
Holly liked your pics of the guineas. They are getting big!
Hope you all have a great week. I have a few days this week on vacation yet, so I hope I can get more fun projects done.

Laurie Jean #4200

"I can't clean because... I get distracted by all the cool stuff I find"
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  5:57:26 PM  Show Profile
Here is a picture of the curtains that Kethry made for her room. She chose and painted it the lovely burgundy. It is not some thing I would have chosen but she really likes it. I think the curtains go well with the walls.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page