True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  07:03:59 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

NancyOO the Tea Table is the one I use. There are a couple of local shops that carry loose leaf tea, so I check those as well. When ever we travel I try to make it a point to stop at a local tea or coffee (DH is the coffee drinker) shop to see what they have.
We do butcher our own birds. Two main reasons. One is we can do a few at a time and it is more humane and stress free for the chickens and us. Two is that we have had hogs butchard and ended up with someone else pork. If I am going to raise my chickens with no GMO grain and cage free I want my chicken on the table. Who knows what someone elses has fed their chicken.

Thelma have lots of fun on you shop hop. I would love to do that sometime. I try to hit quilt shops (as well as tra shops) when we travel. I know what you mean about buying not being a problem LOL
Glad your MIL is better I will keep her in my prayers.

Nancy Virtual Tattooing! That is the only way I could ever get a tattoo. LOL You will have to send us a pcture. when you get virtual tattoo done.
I am sorry your Dr. was so mean. It is bad enough to have to have a mammogram but to have to go through rough treatment first is just plain mean. Glad your mammogram turned out good.

Connie you sound like me. LOL We have a few chickens and I would love to have a goat. We how ever are still in town. Looking always looking for a bout 10 acres out of town. Not in the budget yet but it will be.

Holly I had to laugh about the bugs in a jar. Last year my youngest DD was house sitting for friends. She calls me a tells me I have to come out quick. There is something wrong woth the tomato plants. My DH and i get there and what do we find? Tomato worms. Lots of them. so we pick them off and put them in a jar to bring home to our chickens. My DD said they were evil looking and would not touch them. LOL We have chickens so we have never really had a problem with tomato worms. She is 20 and never seen one. LOL

Connie Sue that is a wonderful trailer. lots of work but thats ok. My DH and I are looking for a trailer. The slide in camoer is just way to much work!

NancyOO what a wonderful idea. I have always canned my tomato sauce. I think drying and then adding water back is a much better and faster and easier way thanks. I have dryed peppers and stored them. I love to use them all winter.

Glenda I hope th ciro can help. A piched nerve is never a fun thing. I get one in my shoulder if I ove due things.

Patty we will miss you. Drop by whenever you can. We will love to hear from you. I hope the coffee truck is a success.

Today and Monday are the last two days of summer school. I am soooooo looking forward to the end. I have so much to get caught up on around the house. Not to mention the pie cherries are ready to be picked and pie filling canned. Blueberries are ready and jam to make. I also freeze a lot for use latter.
DH and i are out of here Sat. We are taking a one day break. We will head out in the morning for fishing and relaxing then head up the mountain when it gets hot. We want to see how the huckleberries are doing. Last year was a poor year. I hope this one is better.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  10:00:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning friends, I tried to set up a little photo for the cards and goodies but could not get it right, maybe will try later today because the cards are so cute and funny. I also sent some of you private emails but could not find Janet's, so Janet a public thank you for the cute card and the Teas. I had never heard of either of the teas, and I can't wait to try them. Also, Bunny, you sent me tea pearls which I had never even heard of, my favorite coffee but most of all this beautiful little bag that you put them in. You are the most creative person I know. Even the velcro closure is cut in a little heart! I definitely want to get a close up of this because I think you sell them on your website and if everybody realized how cute, original and exceptionally well made they are, you would not be able to keep them in stock. Darlys sent a glitzy pink headband which I have decided to wear all day, I am headed (no pun intended) into town and the locals will be wagging their tongues at that crazy lady wearing worn out jeans and a pink glitzy headband. I of course will wear it like a gypsy should.
I have misplaced my cell phone. I had it earlier and now I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody else have these annoying absent-minded issues? Maybe someone will call and I will hear it ring.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Jul 13 2012 10:04:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  10:45:47 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone is busy. We are heading back up to Oakhurst this evening. There is a wedding reception for the son of a friend at Bass Lake on Sunday. Looks like the temps will be in the high 80s at the lake. Mid 90s elsewhere. Better than triple digits.

Patty, I will miss you here. I'm not on Facebook but I will peek in on your blog. I know you will have much success with your coffee business. And, I'll bet you will have a lot of fun, too.

Gypsy Glenda ... I'm so sorry about the pinched nerve ... it does account for a lot of discomfort. I do hope the chiropracter can help. I am a little disappointed with my chiro just now. I have been going for many years ... and she seems to help with issues (some). But there's always the push for setting up six months of visits , once a week -- and I feel, sometimes, like my health spending $$ account is being drained in her office. (I've just stopped going.) Maybe I wouldn't be so grumpy now, but not only have I added a lot into her business' bottom line, I always have to wait (although I have an "appointment") anywhere from a half hour to TWO hours. A couple of times I decided to just leave - and suddenly - I was next! It's hard to switch as I started seeing her about 20 years ago and developed a bit of a personal relationship over time. Next year, when we have moved, the situation will take care of itself.

Dianne ... so good to have you posting again. The pie cherries sound yummy. DH doesn't care for cherries so I never have them. But, sometimes a restaurant has cherry pie ... and then I indulge.

Thelma! I look forward to the day when I can head out on a Shop Hop. Bet you are going to have a wonderful time! Right now my Bernina is in for repair. I'm not that hard on it - and it's only 2 years old - so I can't help but wonder what's going on with it. I do have other machines, but they are all in Oakhurst.

Wow! am I EVER grumpy this morning! I guess I better adjust my attitude. It must be because it's Friday the 13th. (Lame excuse, huh?)

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  11:18:32 AM  Show Profile
Glenda, where are you in Texas? I am in Fredericksburg (Hill Country).
We paid $900 for the trailer on Craigs List, SO much less than the vintage trailers that start at thousands, and that is before they are restored! I did have to spend about $200 on getting a bonded title, as there wasn't one, but even that wasn't as bad I thought, my insurance agent walked me through the whole process, where I would have paid twice that if I had gone with a bonding agent.
We had never had a camper of any type before, and this one is perfect for me alone, but also very comfortable when my husband and I go together. We have a good friend who is retired and he and his wife have had 19 RV's in their marriage, drive a big motor coach now, but he has helped us and we are doing all of the repairs/restoring ourselves, other than this paint job. We found a little junk RV part store in the neighboring town, and are able to find obscure parts that we need very in expensively. The man has his store in an old gas station building, and he uses only an adding machine - no register, no computer, hand writes all his receipts. Found all my light replacements and odds and ends that we need. I can find things online, but this is less expensive, we sometimes have to wait til he finds a part, but well worth it and helps him out in his old age ;-) continuing to do something he loves.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  12:57:16 PM  Show Profile
hello gals! busy week here at work - got my card and bath stuff today - thank you so much Kathy! it looks just like what i need after a day of pulling books of book carts and moving them around. i was going to treat myself to lunch out and a movie tomorrow on my birthday but there is really not a movie showing that i want to watch! guess turning 55 is making me just a little more choosy about how i spend my time.
the camper looks so good! back before my dh passed away, we talked about purchasing one to go glamping in but it never worked out. guess that is ok since i no longer have a pickup to pull one with but i still dream about it every now and then.
thinking about canning some this weekend. found several recipes i would like to try but i just have to see how my mom is before i can start anything like that. she was taking her new medicine and then she decided it wasn't helping her so she quit so i have to go over to her house every day and see her take it at least once. not complaining about that just want her to do better than she is. i see so many other 83 year olds or older doing so many things and she just wants to sit in her chair and do word searches. the first medicine he put her on made her mean and lose weight and since she was at 93 lbs and lost to 88 lbs he took her off of that one. Thank God and the new one helps her so much WHEN she will take it.
am looking into having a raised garden next year. it sounds like it would be very managable to me. just need to watch my back yard to see which direction the sun shines the most so i know how to orientate it.
ooh, boss back in office!
have a good weekend you guys and see you Monday!
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  4:30:34 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Mrs Guinea is the proud and very protective mother of 15 chicks. I think there are 15 they move around a lot. I made Mr Guinea get out of the turkey pen so he could help her protect them.

The water siphon is holding better. I am glad. It is a relief to go downstairs and look in the holding tank and see that it is full.

Temperatures are in the eighties. The eye on the sky guy says the temperatures are going to rise over the next few days and the humidity is going to increase as well. The weather is coming in from Jan's neck of the woods or should I say water, the Great Lakes.

Taliesin (14) helped me move this years laying hens out of the barn stall to their outside house that I have been working on for a while. I still need to make them a yard but that will come as well.

Taliesin's babe Ruth All Star team played the first game of their tournament today. They lost but played well. they played the team that won last years tournament. He is not upset.

I have read all of the posts so far and am interested in what eveeryone is doing.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  6:43:04 PM  Show Profile
Hooray for Ms. Guinea, and for Mr. Guinea for his part in it!! Keep us posted on them, Holly. I think the babies are called keets.
Connie Sue, we are almost neighbors. I have a place near Mason, but spend a lot of time in Austin. And other places. Long story.
I like the idea of glamping and love the trailer but I think I have done all the camping I will do. I thought about buying a Roadtrec so I could travel in comfort with my two furbabies but the older I get the more I like the sound of room service. And somebody else doing the driving.
Janiee sorry I did not know it was your birthday. I did pretty well when Penny sent out monthly reminders but without them I have trouble keeping up, which is terrible of me because several of you remembered my birthday. My mom called me, saying she thought it was my birthday but wasn't sure. So I guess its hereditary. I need to find the original list Penny sent but I don't have all the updates for the new gals. Do we have a keeper of the birthday lists now?
Janiee, my mom is 89 and she still drives and gardens and cooks a little, but more and more she just sits in her chair and does word search as well. It is her favorite thing to do. She hates sudoku but she loves the word search like an addiction. I have tried to talk to her about what she will do when she can no longer live alone but she refuses to discuss it. So I don't really know anything to do but wait and see.
Marianne, yes my drivers license was in the mail. Don't you know I was careful not to speed on the way home. My vanity almost got the better of me because I hated the picture on the license and to renew online they use the old picture and take your word for it that you can still see. So I was going to go in just to take a better picture (since I'm not gray any more) but changed my mind.
Have a great weekend, everybody.
P.S. Kathy you are right about the water therapy for the pain. I have a germ phobia about public pools and I don't have a pool of my own. Need to find a friend who has one.
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Jul 13 2012 8:28:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  9:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Girls, just wanted to jump on and let you all know I'm still kicking...lol....Work is going great....District Manager came by yesterday...gave me a great compliment...said my area hasn't looked that good EVER...so I'm pleased...and then he wanted to know if I ever had experience in General Merchandise....so who knows what that might mean.....then today was told by my old supervisor that if I got a compliment from the DM...I must be doing something right cause he doesn't give many of those....sorry I haven't been around....maybe soon I can catch up...love ya all and HI TO ALL THE NEWBIES...hope to get to know all of you soon.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  05:59:49 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies, Look like everyone is busy, busy, busy around here. That is a good thing. Time for french toast this morning. umm good.

Kathy, I will have to try that idea for the chickens with the diatomatius earth. I know they like the sand under the overhang that stays dry but I don't think that takes care of the parisites as well. See learn something everyday on here.

Thelma have fun with your shop hop. I was trying to get some of my cropping friends together to go before we went to scap house but it did not work out. Maybe later I can get them going.

Janie, I know what your are saying about movies these days. Good ones worth seeing are far and few between.But I did see one that looks like it might be cute with Marly Strep and Tommy Lee Jones called Hope Springs about an old married couple.

So congrats Holly on being a grandma to 15! I bet they are cute. sorry to hear Taliesin lost his game. I am glad he is not taking to hard.

Glenda, I am sort of with you on the glamping thing. I did a LOT of camping with our two sons and the Boy Scouts. My idea of glamping would be a conversion van and going sight seeing and then staying in a motel every two or three nights.

Well hubby is just about ready to get going to get the 2X6's. Oh who was it that said something about doing some raised beds. Check out the book The Square Foot Gardner. that is were I got started with the raised bed thing.

What is this birthday list everyone is talking about? I am interested.

Well hope everyone as a great weekend. Be safe but have fun.

Nancy OO
Double O Ranch
Farmgirl #4284
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  06:04:37 AM  Show Profile
Square foot gardening is the model I used for our beds too, and I made his mix for the soil as well. HAve a really good compost pile going now, so I will be able to supplement with that.
Where are you all learning each other's birthdays and addresses? Did you just share here earlier?

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  06:17:16 AM  Show Profile
Happy Saturday morning sisters. It's raining here in Maryland, which is great for the ground, but bad for me.....I was trying to take down my old little plastic greenhouse, but left it siting out on the lawn to dry out after a good scrubbing. After you take out all the plastic poles holding it up, it just sort of flips/folds down into a little round bundle. Only weighs about 50 pounds so easy to move. But, like I said, it's raining, so no putting it away today.

Yesterday, Jenny & I made a great big batch of salsa. Everything except the lime juice was grown in our own garden this year. Even the garlic. We only got 3 good sized heads this year, but next year will be better....now that I know how to grow them. Anyway...hope we put enough jalapenos in it. We put 3 with seeds all chopped up in tiny pieces along with a couple of those yellow banana peppers for a little sweetness. Recipe says to let it all muddle together in the fridge for a day or two to get all the juices mixed really well - recipe came from a friend Jenny has on facebook from India (of all places to get a recipe for salsa). Anyway, we chopped onions, peppers, and tomatoes for over an hour and we have about a gallon or so of salsa waiting for the great taste test later this afternoon.

My second growth of green beans is doing very well. They are all up about 3 to 4 inches and the second leaves are popping out all over. I find a couple of double plants here and there, but I also find a couple of places where the seed either didn't sprout or it got sucked up the robins.

Sitting on the back porch yesterday afternoon, after completely cleaning out the chicken coop, pulling weeds and hanging out my sheets....we saw yellow finches eating from neighbor lady's balcony bird feeder. Pretty birds. My climbing rose is inching up really slowly. I thought it as a fast grower. I will post a pic of the pretty blossom that opened up last week. Another one will open soon too.

Well, we're off to the Whole Foods store for spinach and corn and to talk to their butcher to see how we go about getting half beef and half a pig and whole chickens. I don't raise my own animals for meat. My 2 chickens are just for their delicious eggs, which they are only too happy to part with. And I love just sitting in the shade watching them.

Patty - I don't do FaceBook and will miss you a lot, but I know you'll be very busy with your coffee truck. May luck be with you always.

Later sisters. Prayers all around.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  06:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
To all the newbies....lol.....the birthday list is a list of everyone's birthdays(including year) and address that I take care of...then at the end of the month I will send out the next two months or so to everyone....If any of you would like to be included just send me an email....we would love to have you on the list too....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jul 14 2012 06:42:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  08:18:17 AM  Show Profile
Penny, good to hear from you, so glad your job is going well, sounds like it will turn into a fulfilling career for you, glad to hear that you still have time to do the birthday list. there are so many new gals on here that after they send you the info maybe a new list for us old gals who are so forgetful? I've misplaced mine...no surprise there. But now I have to get my act together and do better. I am wearing the cutest apron you ever saw from Darlys, a little short apron with three pockets perfect for cell phone, glasses, tissue, the 3 things I need to have constantly throughout the day. I am going to wear this pretty apron out, I can tell. I think I am only going to take it off to sleep. Soon as I can find someone to take a pic of me wearing it and the glitzy hair band I want to post a pic. Kathy I did not get my soak last night but I will tonight. But no pic of me in my clawfoot tub with Kathy's bath soak.......don't want to get thrown off the thread...haha
Hey Marianne, thanks for starting that other thread. I wonder if these girls will tell their stories. Do you have one to tell? I finally started surfing this forum and have found some very interesting little subjects that these amazing farm gals come up with. Looks like this one and the "Porchies" are the ones that are "home base" for most, but there sure is a wealth of info out there. Did everybody go vote for MJ?

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Jul 14 2012 08:19:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  08:22:21 AM  Show Profile
Also, Nancy Annie Laurel, would you please post here the dates of your cataract surgeries again so we will all know exactly when to "bang the gates" for you?

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  09:46:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!
Daryls, I was born & raised in Frildey & then moved to northern Minnesota when I was 15.
I had a small farm when my children were small. We had 21 goats (4 were milkers) & lots of chickens. We didn't have running water, but we did have a 2 seater outhouse. Worked great for potty training the kids! I had a wood cook stove & barrel stove. My grandmother always called dibs on cooking when she came up. She loved it! I have been looking the last several years for a few acres of land to buy & live on.
Connie Sue, I love the camper! I have been looking for one also. The glamping so caught my attention! I do not like being in the cities at all, so until I am able to leave here, the glamping sounds perfect!!
I am enjoying reading the posts & getting to know more about all of you.
Laurie #4200
Nancy, Thank you for the great idea of dehydrating the tomatoes! I have always canned them.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  11:52:20 AM  Show Profile
Connie sue - is your camper a Winnebago? The main 'Bago' plant is 20 miles south of us. We know a lot of people who work there. There are always very large motor homes coming and going. The next 3 weeks I will not be shopping in forest City as there is a big Winnebago Internation Ralley going on there. Went to get my car air-conditioning fixed and was told I wouldn't be able to get in until the motor homes were gone. The grocery stores are zoos. We live here and do business locally, but who gets the special coupons and deals - Yep the winnebago travelers! Go figure!

Darlys - I am so sorry that 'Bernie' is sick! I hope your repair person can revive her. It is probably a computer glitch. I just hate it when my machine is down.

Yes, the shop hop was fun. My friend, Fairy, and I had a ball. the first day we went to 5 different quilt shops and the second day we hit 4 quilt shops and a cross stitch store. To play the game we had to purchase something at each shop. I didn't want to leave all my "egg money" in one store so I decided to stock up on fat quarters, Crabapple Hill Embroidery Patterns and the fabrics to make them, and 2 small quilting patterns. I also found a quilt-in-a- day ruler that I have been needing. Each time we got back in the car I wrote down ideas like crazy so now have some new projects running around in my head. We played by the rules and I walked away with 6 yards of bright jewel toned fabrics - 1/2 yard cuts so 12 different colors- enough to make a twin bed quilt. It will keep me busy next winter once the Christmas sewing is done.

I'm sending this section so I don't lose it.
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  11:59:06 AM  Show Profile
No mine is not a Winnebago, it is a Skylark. I can find nothing about them, I think the company was only in business a short time. I do know they wer made in the midwest, but can't find any parts or anything about them.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  12:15:00 PM  Show Profile
Holly - I am so glad your water system problems are history. I need to have my well dug up. a major leak when we leave the outside pump on. Problem is the repair is 8 feet under the ground. I keep going to the basement to turn on the hydrant and then turn it back off when we are done watering plants and critters or filling the fish pond. Never have water out there to scrub up garden produce or wash our hands. I have been kicked back down the list so many times because of the drought. I agree that livestock need water worse than I need a working hydrant so I wait patiently. I do hope we get it fixed soon as our garden is starting to produce and I don't want extra dirt in the house. My old, outside farmhouse sink is perfect for 'washin and scrubin'.

Wow 15 gunies! What are you going to do with all of them? Are they good for eating? Dad raised them to keep the mice out of the corn cribs many years ago. I know they make a strange sound and are less than beautiful, and that's all I remember about the creatures.

Glenda - I feel so guilty about missing your birthday. I have missed one in June and haven't started my July list yet. I was doing so good this last year and then summer arrived and took away my organized days. giggle. Anyway happy belated birthday.

Also happy birthday to those whos birthdays I missed. Even though I haven't gotten my cards out yet I did remember everyone with a birthday prayer. Kathy, tell Jenny that I will get a note to her next week. I just love having her for a pen pal. My grand kids always ask if she has written and want to read her letters. I do let them and now my middle grand wants a pen pal too. Someone who takes tap and jazz lessons.

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  12:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Sister Sue - there was a master list sent out several months back. To be on the list we e-mailed our birthdays and addresses to Penny or Nancy, I can't remember right now. The list needs to be updated and I would be willing to do this but need the master list and new add ons. We feel close enough to one another to trust each other with addresses which is good because I have recieved lots of 'farm chick mail' and little gifts. You don't have to send any tuck-ins but lots of gals do.

Laurie - where is Frindly, MN? I have heard of it. I live In Iowa, but am only 45 minutes south of Albert Lea. Are you anywhere close to me? I will call you neighbor as we are from ajoining states. WELCOME!

Sister Sue - try looking up Forester Motor homes located in Forest City, IA. The company was bought out by Winnebago. They may have been part of Skylark back in the 70s and made in Garner, IA. I might be way off base on this info.

Well chickie poos it is time for me to get off and head for the sewing room. taa taa stay cool! Pray for rain in northern Iowa!

Edited by - Thelma on Jul 14 2012 12:30:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  1:08:21 PM  Show Profile
I've been gone for so long that there are many new girls I don't know. Hopefully I'm getting to where I can manage some time for my fun things, like MJF. Taking care of our new little grandson, he is now 4 months old. So getting a better schudule set up. I may on make it on the forum maybe once a week, but will try to catch up on everyone. Have a good weekend everyone! Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  2:39:50 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, put me on the list and send me a copy when you get up dated if you.
For any of you that are on Face Book so am I nancy storch oliver.
Got a stack of 2X6's now I have to clean them of nails and scews then I'll make some new beds.
Hubby tilled up a little corner of the big garden for my sweet taters, so I got them going
Now I have to clean out my kitchen garden beds and get them ready for the fall garden.
Penny glad to hear your job is going so well. It is always nice to get compliments form a boss.
Connie Sue, how did the Mel's Mix work in the garden. I have thought of trying it but my beds are pretty big and it would be $$$
Kathy, isn't forfilling when you can feed your family out of your own ground. the Salsa sounds yummy. I made a dark cherry salsa for our fish last night it was wonderful. chopped cherries, a small minced onion, alittle jalopeno and garlic then stired in salt, lime juice and a spoonful of blueberrie jam. try it on salmon or ahi tuna.

Nancy OO
Double O Ranch
Farmgirl #4284

Edited by - NancyOO on Jul 14 2012 2:48:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  3:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I did my first two beds from our compost pile and existing garden. Things weren't doing too well. So we bit the bullet and spent about $50 on Mel's Mix to fill 3 more beds that husband built for me. the difference was amazing!! The beds were so much more productive and all around better. We have decided we will use Mel's Mix on the next round of beds that we build. We use 'found' material for constructing the beds, so putting the mix in is worth it to have good crops. It will take us a little longer to build funds up to buy the components. I have improved our compost pile now and we are really tending it, and it looks fantastic so I think it will be fine to supplement my beds that have the Mel's Mix, but I definitely will start with that.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  4:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Just jumping in to congratulate Mr. and Mrs. Guinea and to you for the little group of 15. Quite a few chicks to watch over. Mr. Guinea has a big job to do.

The weather is rather warm today with high humidity. I am hoping for some rain.

Kathy the salsa sounds so yummy. It is great that you grew almost all the ingredients.

Penny so glad that all is going well with your work. It sounds like you may be in for another promotion soon. Way to go, sister.

My cataract surgery on right eye is July 19th. The left eye will be done on Aug 2. I think all the paper work and preparations for the surgery are worse than the surgery itself. I am looking forward to seeing clearer and to seeing colors brighter.

Laurie so happy to hear about you. What a fun and interesting childhood your children have had. When I was living in So.CA the traffic and people were so congested.

Thelma I am glad you had a fun time at the Shop Hop. Looks like you really had a good haul and picked up "zillions' of ideas.

I am going to go and finish up with my dinner dishes and then finish some stuffed cloth hearts I am making for my DD and her business.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  4:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Do any of the newbies have a birthday in August. If you do please hurry and send an email to Penny. We don't have any August birthdays on the list.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  6:10:37 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It seems like it has been so long since I have posted a picture that this machine is not willing to make the effort.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page