True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  1:48:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Gals,
It is a while that I have been here and thought I would share some thoughts with all of you. I am getting ready to go to a neighbors for a Memorial Day cookout...But I wanted to put out there that I am in thoughts of all of our soldiers that are giving their time for us and our country. Being a way from family and home is such a sacrafice and here at our household this is greatly appreciated. SO to those that have a soldier in the military...our hearts go out to all of you and your soldiers are in our prayers.
"May God Shed His Grace on Thee"
Debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  1:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Ditto what Debra e said. We have men in all our families that have or are serving right now. May God bless and comfort you and provide for every need.

From a thankful heart,
Patsy

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  5:31:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. My thoughts are with our military both past and present. I attended a Memorial service yesterday for a gentleman in my husbands Masonic Lodge and he was 89 when he passed. He had been in WWII and he had many medals and awards. I was a civilian in the UK during WWII so I know what the military men and women went through. I have a son retired from the army after 22 years and two tours in Afghanistan, being medivaced each time. He flew Blackhawk helicopters. At present I have a grandson in the navy, one in the army and I'm proud of them all including my granddaughter who has three weeks to go before she graduates from basic training with the army. My hubby and I will be driving to FT. Leonardwood to see her graduate on the 23rd of June. My heart is with all who has family and friends in the military and be sure the flag will be flying for Memorial Day tomorrow. Hope to hear from you all again soon.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  8:30:06 PM  Show Profile
Happy Memorial Day Girls! Prayers for our soldiers and Hugs&Squeezles to their families!
Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  09:19:02 AM  Show Profile
Just reintroduced myself today on the welcome wagon....I'm 59, but I feel like I never left my late 30s...here's to the next 59!!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  09:46:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jan...Welcome! Good to have ya here...with us ~ornery-fiesty-well-seasoned Gals~

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

DeeDee
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Denise
Wyoming
162 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  2:28:21 PM  Show Profile
Yes I would have to agree that many of us Farmgirls are over 50. I am right in the middle at 55.
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  3:12:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm the ancient one at 71 and a half. I don't feel it though. I still do everything I did before I got this old.
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  4:03:21 PM  Show Profile
How did we get this old? I don't feel like a day over 27!!!! (Ha! Ha!)That is today I mean. Tomorrow might be a different story. But...I am still getting up in the morning and I am blessed to do that. Y'all Agree?

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  4:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey Betty, not ancient, just aged to perfection!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  5:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Just turned 66 this past week. There are days, that my back and my knees kill me and slow me from doing what I used to do with such ease. For many a year, as a pre- and teenager, I was busy bucking wire-tied heavy bales of hay, moving..pitching rock from fields and every other farm work job that involved lifting. I was my dad's son he never had, and my little Mama (who will be 93) was 5 foot and just had no pizzazz to do what needed to be done. I was invincible I thought. Then came nurses training, hoisting heavy patients because I was 5'8 and could lift bunches. Now, I see thatI may have had a lot of muscle, but didn't have the muscle between my ears to ask for help or that in years ahead, I would be hurting. This is not a complaint, or a rant. It just is the facts. I wished I had learned some smart things a lot earlier.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  6:52:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jan! I like that aged to perfection....I worked in a hospital for over 15 years Claudia and I know what you mean about not asking for help. Now most hospitals here have lift teams, you know these muscular guys that lift weights, so us females don't have to lift patients anymore. Luckily my back and knees are fine. It's my hands that give me the trouble. Too many torn ligiments, carpal tunnel, etc. They do stiffen up on my but I don't let them slow me down.
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  7:19:20 PM  Show Profile
Have you Ladies noticed that you seem to land harder than you did when you were younger? Just jumping down from a low height feels like I weigh a ton now. Really jarring. It didn't use to feel like that!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  7:25:06 PM  Show Profile
I read what you write and I am in awe of y'all. I am 58 and some days I am ready to go...I can take it on! Then the next day I am crawling out of bed crying "Where is the Icey Hot!" But We keep on Truckin" I think that us farm girls are made that way. Yeee Haw!

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  09:45:18 AM  Show Profile
I know what you mean Debra. I too feel that way sometimes. I still work part time and keep up my home, garden, chickens and my quilting and such. Like last night, I asked my hubby to bring home a bucket of chicken. I was too tired to cook. He also is still working at 74. He retired from teaching after 41 years and just couldn't do nothing so he works in a furniture store. Have a good day ladies as I'm off to another adventurous day. There is no wind as of yet and the morning is calling me outdoors.
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  10:58:45 AM  Show Profile
I don't know how I missed this but it is wonderful to read of so many plucky farm sisters who are never letting the number of years on the planet dictate what they do or who they can become. I remind myself that if I sit and take a check list of any limitations I might be experiencing in the moment I will get more of the same - inside I place my intention of doing all that is front of me, answer all that is asked of me and never judge what the outcome is... I do my best for that moment and do not look back at what I could have done. I support you all and know that many more exciting adventures are ahead of us.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  11:06:04 AM  Show Profile
Well said Grace!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

mustang sally
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Jaime
Idleyld Park OR
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  1:40:43 PM  Show Profile
When I was yound, I never thought I would live to 50. Now that I'm here I'm having a wonderful time!

Fear not tomorrow- God is already there.
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  9:32:44 PM  Show Profile
hello everyone..where are you all? Hope all is well...paula

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  11:09:27 PM  Show Profile
haha! as much as I can not believe I am "of a certain age" I also cannot believe how much fun I am having!!!!
Life is good, the mischief is better & I am still married (38 1/2 yrs) to the same wonderful boy that I dated in High School... like they say, it's not the destination,,, it's the ride! wahoooo!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  07:14:00 AM  Show Profile
Well...I'm here...just been very busy trying to get a garden in after a very cold wet Spring. Also my daughter and grandaughter are moving clear across the country in 2 weeks to Tampa. I am missing them already, but her husband has a wonderful promotion there. Along with a 92+ yo mom needing more attention, i'm finding that time is at a premium. I too hope that all is well with everyone...especially my special friend herblady 55 who I am waaaayyyyy behind in writing. Blessings to you all!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  09:32:44 AM  Show Profile
hey Claudia,,,save a couple of hours in your schedule...I am going to try to round up the local area MJF gals for coffee or something in the next couple weeks,,,stay tuned! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  09:36:12 AM  Show Profile
Hearing ya Grace. Will stay tuned.

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  7:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, There's a lot of you up in WA. My daughter lives there also and it's been wet for her too. She leaves the 21st to fly near to Ft. Leonwood, MO to see her daughter graduate from basic training with the army. We leave the 20th to drive back there for her graduation, also. After her graduation we leave to visit my hubby's family all through KS before heading back home. Claudia it's rough when they leave. I'm sure you'll miss them. Maybe you can go to FL for a visit. I have five children still living and they're scattered all over the US. This year I hope to see them all between this graduation and a wedding coming up in Oct. in NC.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  7:57:14 PM  Show Profile
Well hello Gals. Boy am I green with envy at all you WA gals who are meeting up for coffee. Can you all come this way so we can "Scootch & Shove" Ohio a little closer that way? No? Well ya can't blame a gal for tryin' now can ya?
Claudia...been wondering if ya fell in a hole somewhere! Well, at least I know that you're thinking of me. Write when ya can Friend! This weather has been hard on us all this Spring.We got our garden in back in May, but now the heat(mid 90's)is trying to fry it. ~whew~ Too hot-Too soon! Take care Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page