Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  05:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Farmgirls!!! What a beautiful day in the Ozarks!! Did y'all see the beautiful moon last night? Temps in the 90's today....lots to do after work...lots to do! The old-fashioned barbeque is next week!!! Eeeepppppssss!

Holly- I sure am glad there was NO manure got on that pretty white truck!! How funny and nerve racking for Cheri!

The big parade day here is Labor Day. We always have a 4th of July picnic at the city park with food and games, music at night, and gorgeous fireworks; however the biggy is Labor Day....don't ask me why, I guess a big hurrah before winter!

One more day of work..today...then work my ?&$€¥ off at home for three and a half days!

Gotta run!!!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  06:02:57 AM  Show Profile
Janet that is how I get mine, too. Oops, I meant through the email. I have some more to apply for but have not gotten around to it yet. Sounds like you are going to have a really fun time at the campground. Not too far away either. That's great.

So many cars keep coming in to town for the Shrimp Festival. We only have 1 road onto the island and into the town. Yesterday we had 2 funerals also so it was like one long stream of cars. Leon and I went to lunch at a new restaurant called "Mama J's." The food was really good and made like Southern style. Lots of vegetables including collard greens, carrots, corn, lima beans and okra. I only like my okra when it is made with tomatoes. There was chicken, and meat loaf, mac and cheese and the best pasta alfredo I have ever tasted. Blueberry crisp and banana pudding for dessert. I ate so well that I only had fruit for dinner.

Marilyn, wish we had a nice 4th of July parade. I have only been to one really good one and that was in Providence, RI. It has a history of being really special and it was. I had a good view and just sat in my beach chair and enjoyed it. I took lots of pictures so I could make a little book and I still have it.

Hugs you all,

Nancy
Farmgirl #2301

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  09:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Love to read about all your great summer plans. I don't know any one in this town so it is hard to enjoy the festivities. We just had the cherry festival but i couldn't find a place to park so had to come home. I was bummed.

Marianne, either kind of interfacing is fine. You just need something to stabilize the t- shirt fabric.

Holly I did the sticky spray one time and it was a pain. Fusible interfacing isn't too expensive and really makes it so much easier. She may have been using a basting spray and that stuff is really expensive.

Got my little strawbale garden going yesterday. took a while to cut holes for my plants. I still have room for a few more things. My mother insisted on 3 different tomato plants. We will probably have more tomatoes than we know what to do with. I may have to give some to neighbors. No one likes my mom around here so maybe it will serve as a peace offering from me.

Well today is a big homework day so later all, enjoy your sunny Sunday....hope it's sunny anyway.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  1:20:38 PM  Show Profile
Not sunny here, Bunny, been raining since last night, again!!! And it is only 42 degrees. Feels really cold, still need the heat on in the house.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  4:18:15 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It is nice to go camping. We have not been in many years. We used to go to Hermit Island in Maine. When it is high tide it is an island. When it is low tide you can drive on and off the island. There are some nice beaches that a lot of people can play at and some private beaches that a family can use with out a lot of company. The ocean water is very, very cold in Maine.

I think I have never had okra. I have tried to grow it once or twice but have not been successful.

Sometimes it is important to let mother's have what they want even if it is not practical.

I do not know what kind of glue spray it was for the t shirt quilt. I was just going to use the interfacing that I have. I am glad you told me about the glitches with the spray glue.

Today we brought home 25 brook trout for our pond. Years ago I had rainbow trout in the pond. They were fun to watch swim around. We could see them because of their bright red bellies. I think it will be hard to see the brook trout but we have some feed we can throw in the pond so they will swim to the surface. some of them have been eating the surface bugs already. We can see them jumping to catch them.

I worked in the garden most of the day. I am trying to make raised beds. They take a while to cut the wood and put them together. The process is slow. They will last many years so the work now is worth it. In one bed I planted beets, cabbage and dill. the chart I have for what plants like what plants indicated that these would enhance each others growth. We will see.

Today was overcast in the morning then the clouds blew on by noon. The temperatures were in the sixties with a nice gentle breeze enough to keep the black flies away. Talie said the black flies were eating him up . I did not get any bites.

I did see the moon last night. It was behind the trees when I went to bed and I thought I might take a picture or two later on but when the dog woke me at 2:30 AM barking the moon was high and bright in the sky.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  6:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Holly, do you use the trout to fish when they mature? How great for the kids, I bet. I have been reading about companion planting. Iy sound interesting and a natural way to keep some bugs away from certain plants. Those raised beds are time consum,ing, but in the long run you will have them from season to season. You have been a busy gal outdoors lately. I need to dry out here and warm up some yet. It is still in the 40s most of the time during the day and frost yet at night. The moon last night was so huge and pretty.Quite a sight to see.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  6:10:38 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies. I am a little behind. Have been busy as usual. I went to the farmer's market on Friday. I bought a case of ripe roma tomatoes for $3 and a case of cabbage for $10. I have kraut ready to come out of a crock in a few days so I wanted to be ready with more cabbage. I diced the tomatoes and canned them. I will use them later for spaghetti sauce. I chopped up carrots, tomatoes, and celery for the dehydrator today. I am going to try and make a soup mix with dehydrated veggies.
Saturday we went to an auction. It is a farm auction. They auction off a wagon load or two of odds and ends, farm equipment, cages, hay, eggs and small animals. I bought some maran eggs and a egg carton with a mix of turkey, duck and chickens. No idea what kind of turkey, duck or chickens. I suppose they are just generic. My dad bought a doe and 6 bunnies for $12 and some Old english bantam chicks. I also sold 2 young homing pigeons. Holly, they brought $2 each...lol. Not worth my time and effort, but I didn't want them.
Tomorrow, I am scheduled for my stress test. I am sure I will do fine. :)
Nancy- Mama J's sounded like wonderful place. We like to go to a place in Camp Dennison Ohio when we visit Hubby's family. It is call School House Inn and serves wonderful food, family style. The put fried taters, fried okra, mac and cheese, green beans and corn, greens and carrots on the table in serving bowls. Anything that you order is served in a serving dish except your meat.

Holly- My #%^& chickens won't stay out of the garden as well. But they are pretty smart. They wait until I turn my back, and when busted the run like the dickens, because they know I will get the garden hose after them. They know what I can do with the darn garden hose. Kudos for Cheri, loading the manure. I am sure I could not have been so skilled!
I almost have always used fusible interfacing with my t-shirt quilts, but have done them without and the don't look too bad. When I do, I buy a cheap felt blanket to serve as batting because I don't quilt them but tie them with embroidery thread. I looked at the mats your friend markets. Those look nice and not too expensive. They would be great for my raised beds.

Marianne- Gosh, I know you will miss your best friend! All my kids have been military and moved away except for one and I left him in Ohio. My only daughter went into the Navy and married, now they are 2, 150 miles away. Thank goodness for the social networks though. We remain close.

Marylyn- Enjoy your days off! Nice to have so many in a row off. I did see the moon last night. I even went outside in the middle of the night. It was like daytime in the backyard. Almost like the sun was still going down. There was no flashlight needed at all. Beautiful!
I hope the babies are doing well! Hopefully mama can take care of them.

Well, off the clean up the kitchen before bed. Have a good night.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on May 06 2012 7:05:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Country Dreamer
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Karen
Lake Villa Illinois
USA
14 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  7:27:14 PM  Show Profile
I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. I have been busy and haven't done well at keeping up here, not quite 12 hour days but it does seem like it often enough.

Marylyn your fabric came yesterday, it is so very cute. Even though I feel like I have piles of things everywhere to organize I can hardly wait to look for something to make. Thank you so much! Did we decide to hold off on the making and exchanging the "something" we make? I have forgotten.

Pets can certainly cause a mess here. I guess we are not the best at training our dogs. Accidents galore caused us to pull up the dining room carpet today. Living room next and then comes laminate throughout. Maybe even a kitchen redo.

We had a torrential rain today. Flooding through our subdivision. Luckily our home is just a touch higher than the flood plain area. More rain is expected but should pass south around Chicago. I am glad the week will be nice.

Married 33 years on Cinco de Mayo. Took a road trip and hubby bought a mandolin. Hope he can learn how to play! Son Erik graduates from CVTC next Friday. I love it when the kids give me a good reason for a 3 day weekend.

Almost finished with my first sleeve for my sweater. One more sleeve and it is blocking time. My next new knitting experience. Anyone have any hints?

Til next time......

Karen
Farmgirl #3975
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  9:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,y'all! It got up to 92 degrees today...I only had to work 8 hours today! WooooooWhooooo ! After three 12 hour days, it felt like 2 hours! LOL

I've got to share....the barbeque is going to be on a part of my farm where there is NO facilities...so I thought and thought about 'nature's call'...well, I found a toilet seat that fits on a five gallon bucket...there are lots of five gallon buckets on a farm. So I sewed a skirt to fit the bucket and put a cover on the lid to the snap on toilet seat! I laughed the whole time I was sewing!!! My husband just shook his head then ask me to model it...so I raised the lid and sat! He then joined the laughter! I put a trash bag in the bucket with cat litter in it and will add lime to control the odor...

Karen, I'm glad you liked the fabric...I think we agreed to hold off on the project exchange for a while...I just may have forgotten to tell you. Hehe... I know what you mean about pets...I pulled my carpets up about five years ago and installed tile!! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Hum, yes, I shouted!

Baby goats are doing great...they are so cute, jumping and playing.

Patty, I haven't been to a farmer's market since I was a kid....but one just opened here Saturday! Guess who was working and wasn't able to go? That 's right...ME! Hehehe

I hope y'all have a wonderful night...I hope your pain is eased...your loneliness turns to contentment...and your sadness turns to joy, and all your flowers bloom!

Good Night,
Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  9:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all, hopefully tomorrow I can post a little more...worked today from 7 am till 9 pm so not even going to attempt to post....I'm sure I won't beable to catch up but I will start from my post forward tomorrow...lol...but loving my job so far...but kind of pooped tonight...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  05:10:50 AM  Show Profile
Janet, congratulations on winning the drawing for the soaps. I read about it on fb this morning.

It finally rained really well yesterday afternoon. The grass this morning is so green and the plants, trees and flowers look so happy.

Holly, that camping spot sounds wonderful. I haven't been camping in so long. I think that would be a spot that I would really love. I didn't know you had a pond. How neat and fun to watch the fish feeding. Ross must have so much fun with all there is to do and see.
I am going to encourage my DH to grow some different veggies this year. The beets sound like a good idea. We do have cabbage growing as well as broccoli and lots of squash.

The moon was so beautiful here that I, too wanted to take a picture. I love the orange color and the huge size.

Karen, congratulations on your anniversary of 33 years. I don't know about you but my married years seem to have passed so quickly. I am glad you had a fun celebration. My DH plays the ukelele and taught himself a few years ago. Your DH will have a fun time learning and playing the mandolin.

Marilyn, LOL about your toilet and the way you made it. You might have something there, girl. I wonder how much the toilets would sell for. I am still laughing and imagining what it looks like. I am glad the baby goats are doing well. They must be so cute.

Patty, you are really busy. I was thinking about you this weekend while I was at the Shrimp Festival. There were so many vendors and booths with cleverly made things for sale. It reminded me of all the great things you make while being so green. :)

I am going to do some cleaning today. It's about time, I tell myself. I have been spending lots of time lately with quilts, dolls, and art work.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. My prayers for those in pain and sadness.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  06:32:21 AM  Show Profile
Stopping by on the off chance I may have been missed. Been so busy in the garden I haven't had much time to compute.
Most plants planted, most weeds gone and garden mulched with shredded newspaper, straw & landscaping fabric.
Today, I'm off to get my nails done.
On the 16th, I'm off to Vegas to visit son & granddaughters.
Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  07:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, the beautiful pictures of your flowers lead to to believe that you do not have glads. they are Iris. Glads need to be planted in the spring and dug in the fall. I leave my iris alone until the tubers are visable. they push themselves out of the ground as they grow. When they are close to the top of the ground, dig them up, seperate them. and replant them, BUT not until after July 15.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  08:11:16 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, have you ever heard of sawdust composting toilets? Just keep the same bucket, put a little sawdust in the bottom and have a bucket with sawdust and a cup. You just cover up your business with sawdust. When the bucket gets full you compost it in a large barrel and in a year you will have awesome garden compost. There are lots of sights that talk about it and quite a few books on the subject.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  08:43:40 AM  Show Profile
If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge would they call it Fed Up? giggle
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  08:56:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Bunny, thank you so much for the tip!!! I have heard of composting human waste, but had never read about it. I plan to take my toilet bucket camping with me also...coz' my little pop-up camper does not have a facility in it....I love my little pop-up! Can't wait to go camping!!!

Nancy, thanks for the kudos on the toilet...if I could only post pics here...I guess, I could email everyone a picture, but that might seem a little self-centered, but it is cute!!!!

Holly, I read you were camping and instantly began yearning to go. It sounds wonderful! Where we go is beside a river and since I work on the weed-ends, we go during the week and it is so peaceful! I live by the campfire!

Gotta run!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  11:42:19 AM  Show Profile
The moon was lovely and bright!

DH and I went (about 40 miles) to Clovis on Saturday. I went to a wonderful quilt shop and spent way too much - again. Will I never learn? Across the street was a music shop ... so DH went over. The salesperson there said they get a lot of husbands while the wives are in the quilt shop. After I (reluctantly) wrapped it up at the quilt shop we went to a wonderful hole in the wall Mexican restaurant for lunch. SO GOOD. Later I realized that it was Cinco de Mayo - so the Mexican lunch was appropriate. Then we walked around and browsed in the antique shops (there are a lot of them).

As we were walking back to the car later - Larry was telling me about this keyboard/piano in the music shop. Since it was on our way we stopped in so he could show me. :-D It did fit in his car - passenger side, seat all the way down! I rode in the backseat - driver's side going home. Never fails. When we don't take my car - which can handle our "impulses" - that's when the really bulky ones can't be passed by. Anyway ... the piano was on sale - and there was a hundred dollar rebate ... and I managed to talk another $50 off the sale price. So - a small piano is now being assembled in the livingroom (in Oakhurst). I am happy about it. This means DH will start playing again and he is really quite good.

We also bought a refrigerator with a bottom drawer freezer which will be delivered Friday so we have to go back to Oakhurst on Thursday instead of Friday this week. We could have neighbors receive it, but we really want to be there for this as, for one thing, I want to unload the old one at the last minute. Only 10 more months before we move to Oakhurst permanently.

It looks like most everyone is happy and looking forward to summer. Prayers for those who need them.

This is a bit short today as I have much I want to get done and I have a chiro appointment I need to get to today.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  5:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

In the past we have caught the trout with barbless hooks. Our oldest foster daughter Karen who is 52 and has significant learning and communication issues likes to fish. She and her day program worker sit on the dock and throw the line into the pond. She laughs and laughs when one bites. The other children also like to fish but none of them are fond of eating. So, we just use the fish to maintain the ecosystem of the pond and for entertainment.

Patty- I had thought of mailing you some guinea eggs but they make so much noise I thought you might get busted by the animal control officer. they also fly high. I looked up over the weekend and one was up in a tree almost twenty feet off the ground. We do not have farm auctions like you do. We only have farm auctions when someone is going out of the business. I have never tried a hose on my chickens. I bet it would be a hoot to see them squawking and running away. I have this plastic coated wire someone gave me and I cut that and laid it on top so they can not scratch. I did not see any of them even trying today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I have a few of those garden mats and would be happy to send them along to anyone who would like to give them a try. I have some with little holes really close together for carrots and such. I have some bigger holes for broccoli. Let me know.

I gave up carpeting years ago because of the cat and dogs peeing and just general dirt. Even the industrial strength carpeting did not hold up. We did the Formica laminate. It was a disaster. There are so many wear marks on it. I hope you pick a laminate that works better than the Formica. In the beginning it looked great.

Karen I could not find you on our birthday list. If you would like to join it send your address and birthday to Penny. Marylyn we do not have yours either.

WOW Penny a fourteen hour day. I hope your dh rubs your feet when you get home.

Nancy I would like to see your dolls and artwork. I bet they are wonderful. You are very talented.

I am not going camping Jan is. I did many years ago when the boys who are now 32 were young teens. We had a good time. It is hard to go camping when I have to milk every morning. I have thought of making a lean to out in the woods with the children so we can sit around the campfire and sing. Actually, I had thought of making some tree houses so we could sleep out. I thought it might be fun. Then I would not need to worry about skunks or raccoons raiding the treats. Another project.

A lovely day today. the sun was shining and the temperatures were in the sixties. The black flies have started to bite. They are not swarming yet or dive bombing like bbs so it is still fine being outside. It is becoming overcast so I will not be able to see the moon very well tonight.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  7:25:42 PM  Show Profile
Good evening. I have not left the house all day! I canned tomatoes and chopped up veggies to dry. Tomorrow I have 5 dozen chicken eggs going from the incubator to the hatcher, and 87 quail eggs going from the incubator to the hatcher. We will be extremely busy in a couple of days. After the birds hatch out you have to make sure each of them know how to drink. So you stick each head in the water several times a day. So 147 chicks will keep us busy. No stress test for me today... I obviously can't think straight. I remembered when I went to get my 3rd cup of coffee that I was suppose to be caffeine free. So we had to reschedule. When I called the office they called me back to reschedule. Michelle from the office asked me if I was enjoying my coffee this morning. I actually tossed the 3rd cup of coffee down the drain in a hurry as soon as I realized, as if I were hiding the evidence...lol. I might as well enjoyed it!

Karen- Hey, we are almost neighbors. We have had all that rain as well. I am about tired of the rain already. After rain today, it is looking nice for us with temps in the 70's and no rain. Oh, and Happy 33rd Anniversary! I hope it was a great one.

Marylyn- Your porty-potty sounds wonderful. Please share pics. I would love to see it. We go to Soulard's in St Louis every week for our little co-op. We have pretty much decided to put the co-op on hold after our next trip. So many are busy and growing gardens. We will start our trips again after harvest. I will still go down there and by for myself. I love the case prices! I love to camp! And I love the smell of a campfire. We have a fire pit in our yard and sit by it frequently.

Penny- Don't wear yourself out. Save time for some fun!

Thelma- I also thought they were iris from the photo. I did not know that you wait transplant after July 15th. I usually transplant mine in the fall...but I guess that is after. :) My iris came from my grandmother's house. When we moved from Ohio to Illinois, I brought them with me. :)
Bunny- I have not read how to compost human waste, but in Columbus Ohio the city compost human waste. They call it Com-Til. They accept yard waste as well. It is very inexpensive to buy and creates the best dirt for gardens and flower beds. It is a dark rich color. I love it, once you get past the point of it being human waste. I looked for something comparable around here locally, without much luck. Here is the link to com-til. http://utilities.columbus.gov/content.aspx?id=38184

Kathy- enjoy your trip to Vegas! and enjoy those grandbabies!

Darlys- It sounds like you had a productive weekend....and Larry too!

Holly- I would love to try the mats! I think they would work great. I was looking for guinea eggs when I was at the auction but there were none. I wanted to set a few for out at my mom's. She has an abundance of male guinea. I took 5 roosters out there a couple of weeks ago to butcher and the guinea rooster beat them up pretty bad, so I have been letting their bruises heal before I butcher. I will think of you tomorrow when I am in Jerseyville, Il. :) Taking my mother over there for an appointment.

Well, off to bed I go... Early day tomorrow, and I am shot.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  7:45:23 PM  Show Profile
We live next to an apartment building for low income people. Most that live there are youg ones just starting out on their own. They are all very quiet and no problems with any of them. Well, this afternoon there were 3 police cars there and the ambulance. We were not sure at first what was going on, but after awhile we assumed someone must have passed away because the doors were open and the ambulance was not moving out of there and no lights were on. The police were there for over 3 hours and the abulance left and came back to take someone to the morgue. What one of the other tenants said was it was a 54 year old that had died, said he was very sickly. The police were checking out his truck also. I told Bob the other day that that truck has not moved in awhile, thought it must be broken down, but it was his, so am wondering if he has been dead all that time? Very sad.
It was gloomy all day and more rain on the way tomorrow. Then it is supposed to clear up and warm up. I hope so because we plan on having a cookout on Sunday for Mother's Day. My son and daughter will be coming and we will play lawn games, hopefully. Even though I am the cook, none of them or my hubby cook much, I don't mind. I am planning on barbecued beef ribs.
Holly and Patty, you both are always so busy. Patty, you will not have to buy anything after a while with all the canning you are doing. I want to start drying some veggies for soups and things also. Need some frsh peas to dry.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  8:12:45 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening everybody, I have been reading the posts to try to catch up --- I don't feel like much of a farm girl this year. No garden, hardly any flowers, I've had to be gone too much. You gals are all so busy, you just amaze me. Patty I want to know who is going to eat all that food you are putting up, and what are you going to do with all those birds hatching out at the same time? I'm thinking if times get hard for me I'm going to show up at your house, there will be plenty of food!!!!
I am Still in the city, as I have more business to take care of Thursday and Friday and I just didn' feel like driving back and forth. It is supposed to rain all week. I did not get to see the moon here Saturday night, as it was cloudy. We went to a play that was held in a big tent. They had some issues with the city and didn't get their new building finished before they had to move out of their old space, so they ended up in a great big white tent. Carpet on the ground, nice theater chairs, and somehow they managed to get some a/c in there, so we really enjoyed it. The play was "Born Yesterday" and was really funny and very well done.

Well I was going to comment on some of your posts but I have learned if I leave this page I will lose my post, so will bid you all good night and good dreams and tell you I have enjoyed spending the evening with you amazing farmgirls reading about your interesting, creative and productive lives.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on May 07 2012 8:14:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  06:28:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
I am jumping on real quick this morning to ask for prayers. I will be back later to catch up with everyone.
We have found a piece of property that my DH and I both love. It is 4.8 acres with a 2 bed 2 bath house and a shop/barn. It is not as big as we originaly wanted but would be great to start out and it is surrounded by farm land so we may be able to pick up more later. Please pray forGod's help with this.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  06:35:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
I am jumping on real quick this morning to ask for prayers. I will be back later to catch up with everyone.
We have found a piece of property that my DH and I both love. It is 4.8 acres with a 2 bed 2 bath house and a shop/barn. It is not as big as we originaly wanted but would be great to start out and it is surrounded by farm land so we may be able to pick up more later. Please pray forGod's help with this.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  07:40:54 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers your way, Dianne. Good luck. It sounds wonderful.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  08:59:28 AM  Show Profile
Hello Laides!

This is a very quick note - just wanted to THANK HOLLY for the AWESOME Doll!!! It's absolutely adorable and it not only brought me a smile, but a huge LOL and then a good cry!! You are so sweet Holly! I LOVE IT! And I certainly needed it yesterday. I was walking home from work and fell really hard. My glasses went flying one way, my shoes the other and I spent the afternoon in the ER making sure my hand wasn't broken it's so sore. Of course the side of my knee is scraped a good 8" by 6" because it was as though I were sliding into first base when I fell! Dr. couldn't find a broken hand but I got home and have had trouble with the other one all night being sore, numb, and tingly, and am now on the way to the Dr. to see if it's broken and also have to have my rib put back into my spine. So needless to say, it's just what the Dr. ordered (the doll that is). But it's hard to type now so just check out the picture ladies and don't get to envious!

I'll read and write more later. It's been a very bad month at my house with a few surprises and Friday I go back to DC to help get my folks packed up and moved to their retirement community they have reluctantly agreed to go to. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers! Thank you kindly!!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey

Edited by - Oggie on May 08 2012 09:02:20 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page