True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  9:20:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,
Dianne, I hope your weather passed without incident.

Penny, so glad your first day went well. I am sure you will be less achy as you get more used to your work load. It is not easy to stand and work all day long. And smile through it all as I am sure you are doing!

Nancy, the kids will have so much fun with the bean bags.

Marylyn, how exciting to have twins. So glad that it went ok with out the "midwife" on site. Bet your hubby was happy to get your help when you got home. Both my husband and I enjoyed your UPS story. Glad you got your package!!

Bunny, Scooby-Doo looks like he was a gentle giant and I love that you named your Dalmation Dice. Thanks for sharing the photo! I know you must miss them! I love your idea of a photo/picture hunt for the give away. That would get everyone to thoroughly look through your site. Good thinking!

Kathryn, I had to laugh at your mention of 50/50 not even being good enough odds for Vegas! I am so thrilled for you that you are experiencing relief. How strange it must be. Keep your day job! Sheesh, that laser sounds wonderful and what a great deal for both you and the doctor. He gets great help and you get something completely priceless - a life with less pain.

Patty, sounds like your doctor is giving a good work up. Don't stress the stress test! I'll be thinking of you on Monday.My crazy food combination is something my dad taught me as a kid. He used to take cottage cheese and spread it on a plate in a puddle about 3/8" thick and top it with a frosting of mayonnaise. It was delicious. What wonderful gifts Holly sent you. Her clay figures are so clever.

So dh is home! And was asleep before the sun was down. It isn't hard to understand considering he was up at 1:15 am our time. Tomorrow will be messed up timewise between the two of us, but we will be back on track for the weekend.

Have a great evening
Marianne

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  04:40:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, girlfriends! It is foggy, humid, and sticky in the Ozarks this morning...temps are headed toward 90 today! I have another 12 hour day to put in today.

I walked up to the barn last night when I got home from work. Those little kids are so cute and oh my, soooo tiny! I am libal to have baby goats in my house if they start going down and then I'll be feeding them from a baby bottle!!! Keep fingers crossed they do well!

Marianne, my package was a beautiful croquet set for the entertainment at the barbeque picnic! When I and my guests were little, croquet was a big deal around here...no one even has a set anymore. So when I told them "an old-fashioned barbeque picnic" that's what they are going to get! I think they will love it! At least I hope. If everyone is agreeable, I plan to propose that we begin playing weekly!

Bunny, I loved the pictures of you beautiful dogs...they could have swallowed my little housedogs in two bites and I have four! Plus two outside big dogs.

Penny, how's work going? Fast and furious? You will get in the groove soon, I am sure.

Kathryn, my aunt has a pain pump and it does good at times and at times she is in so much pain she is miserable...so I cannot give a very good report on it. Go with your gut feeling. I wish I could just take all your pain away.

Marianne, I have to try the cottage cheese thingy...I love both!

I have to get ready for work.

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  04:43:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. I have a mincemeat pie in the oven, potatoes in a skillet and bacon on the George Foreman grill. Will be heading out in about an hour for Soulard's Market. We are going every other week now and have almost made the decision to cease the trips starting in June. Some are starting to get lettuce, radishes, onions, etc. from their gardens and will have more. We will plan on starting again after harvest. I will go at times for items I may need, but not shop for others. Everyone is extremely busy this time of year and their meals are not as heavy as earlier in the year.
I have 35 lbs of sauerkraut that will be ready to can next week. As well as some quail and roosters that can be butchered anytime. I talked to my daughter last night and she wants me to fly to CA in a few weeks and help her, the babies, and the dog drive back. Of course I told her I would love to. Not sure the date yet, but Darlys we will have to make arrangements to meet up as soon as I find out when. I told her that she needed to let me know ASAP so I can schedule my eggs in the incubator. I would hate to have anything hatching while I am gone.

Marylyn,
Your UPS story is so funny. I have done the same thing. When I have gone, fuming, to look up the number from the note stuck on the door... I discover it says "in the bushes". Do you milk your goats? I buy goat milk locally sometimes. I love it!

Dianne- We had rain for 4 days and I was afraid someone fail to invite me to get on the boat. Was afraid I would miss it. We had one good day without rain yesterday, but it is pouring rain again today. The duck is a Ruan or better known as a Barnyard Mallard. I won't keep them. I hatched them for a friend. I have another batch left in the incubator...maybe keep one of them for the grandkids to play with for awhile.
Well, off to finish breakfast and leave for the market. Have a wonderful day.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  05:43:40 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Marilyn on the twins. I bet they are just adorable. That is a funny story about the package. That happened to me once when the UPS person threw the package over my fence and I didn't find it for a week. He left no note on the front door. I am gardening and see this package in the bushes. :)

Dianne, peanut butter and pickles? Now that sounds interesting. I am going to try that since I am such a peanut butter lover.

Patty where in CA does your daughter live? I will be going to CA the first week of June. That sounds like a fun trip for you and you have to let us know how the drive home is with the dog and babies is. Boy, did you get a lot of work done so early in the morning. I am just sitting here drinking my cup of coffee and thinking about doing my walking for the day. I want to find out how you make your saurkraut. My husband's recipe is unique unto him. Not really the saurkraut that I get with my hot dogs or sandwiches.
One thing I love to eat is yogurt mixed with peanut butter. Of course I love peanut butter and when combined with the yogurt is tastes really good to me. I used to like making onion sandwiches along with avacado. The onion and avacado compliment each other.

Kathryn I am so glad you are feeling better. I look forward to seeing your flowers in bloom. I am happy that you are able to be with less pain. Happy gardening.

Bunny your quilt is so pretty. I am hoping that I will one day be able to make pretty quilts that are more than beginner or easy ones. Your dogs look so sweet. Thanks for sharing a picture of them. I still miss my last two dogs. They had such sweet temperments. I love cats, too. How sweet your kitty is a lap cat.

Off to do my excercising for the day. I feel good afterward but have to make myself start.

Hugs and squeezies to you all.

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  07:42:20 AM  Show Profile
Hello farmgirl friends, I am out of town but had a chance to jump on a computer and try to catch up, or really just scan what has been going on with you busy, busy gals. Patty, I am so happy that you are the FGOTM. Good choice, Holly. I know it is hard to decide because there are so many wonderful ladies on this thread alone and I'm sure the other threads too. love to all, Glenda

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on May 04 2012 3:27:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  08:03:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning sisters.
Hazy with chances of rain all day here in Maryland.

I wanted to work in my garden again today....maybe I will, rain and all. After all, I got wellies & a rain hat and lots of plants that need planting. Cherry Tomatoes & Jalapeno Peppers today. Squash can sit another week in the green house just in case. I noticed the tops of some of my Early Girl Tomatoes have been snipped off. I love Robins, but they do this every time I put a tomato cage around my tomatoes! Gives them something to sit on I guess.

Auntie M - I was eating my cereal reading your UPS story and almost blew milk out my nose as I tried to suppress laughing. That was so funny. I love that you would get a croquet set to play. We had one when we moved here, but our house is on a hill, so playing croquet would have been a whole new game.

Dianne - I also love peanut butter (super crunchy) with dill pickles, only I add cheese. I make a roll up using the cheese.

Penny - Sounds like you like your job and are doing well at it. Prayers work well.. I know you'll be ok.

Kathryn - I am so glad to hear you are getting some relief for your pain. Whatever works keep it up. Just don't go over doing things all at once. You know, start slow and work your way up. Super duper!!

Marylyn - Your baby goats sound lovely. 30 years ago, I had an Pygmy Goat named Lance-A-Lot. I got him just as his horns were coming in and he was butting everything. He grew up with my shepherd mix puppy. Even slept in the same dog house. I loved him to pieces. He was the best lawn mower I ever had. Wish I could have another one, probably could if I didn't have 2 Jack Russell terriers! Maybe someday when we retire to our little home on 2 acres I'll get another goat - love Nubians with those long soft ears. We'll see.

Patty - I read that you had bacon on your George Forman. I'm happy to hear of somebody else using one. I keep mine on the counter all the time. Right next to the stove. I use it for so much, it's plates are in the dish washer every day. It makes great panini style sandwiches. Isn't it funny what people call grilled cheese with extra stuff these days!?!

Nancy - I'm going to have to try peanut butter with yogurt. It sounds really good. I really love peanut butter too.

I was watching some utube videos about quilting and hand made butterflies and feather flowers -- you know -- just sort of flipping from one to another, when I came across one for a 'self binding baby blanket'. It was so unique that I have to try it. When I complete it, I'll post a pic. Gotta tell you, if you have some free time, jump over to utube and look up quilting stuff. You'll be amazed at what you can find.

Well, enough for now. Daughter wants to go to Hobby Lobby for paints.

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  09:27:39 AM  Show Profile
Auntie M love the UPS story! I had a gift shop and quilt store for many years and had the most awesome UPS guys. I even made quilts for two of them. They work so hard.

Nancy, don't ever feel bad about making simple quilts. Just use fabric you love. That's all that matters along with enjoying the process. If you took my class for that little wall hanging, you would see how easy it is.

Glenda, nice to hear from you. Hope you are feeling better.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  09:28:15 AM  Show Profile
Auntie M love the UPS story! I had a gift shop and quilt store for many years and had the most awesome UPS guys. I even made quilts for two of them. They work so hard.

Nancy, don't ever feel bad about making simple quilts. Just use fabric you love. That's all that matters along with enjoying the process. If you took my class for that little wall hanging, you would see how easy it is.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  09:30:47 AM  Show Profile

Dianne, I use to eat peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches all the time. Just stay away from the pickles and ice cream ok?

Well today is a big homework day. So I better get to it. Later all.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  11:14:56 AM  Show Profile
Marianne ... I'm now on page 131 of 256 pages. "Then Again" is not exactly gripping or even entertaining (I'm not sure exactly how to describe it) but it is a good read. I guess I would call it what it essentially is - biographical.

Loved hearing about Mollie. What a great doggie personality! And, the picture of her watching her canyon is just sweet.

Enjoy the months with your DH closer by and home more often. I know what you mean -- it just seems more "right" with him home. The Yang balancing the Yin, etc.

Kathryn - Happy belated to your granddaughter. And so glad you have found pain relief that works for you. You sound so much better, too. And glad that the doctor has decided to pay you in addition to laser treatments and the rest. I'm sure you deserve it.

Penny - You sound so tired and very happy. I'm so glad you enjoyed work. Did Jim have supper on the table when you got home?

Debbie -- I'm glad you had a great roadtrip - but am sorry you have been sick. Take it easy and recover soon.

Bunny - The quilt is fabulous - I knew it would be - you are so gifted. And Scooby-Doo and Dice are beautiful dogs. (They look so relaxed.) I'm sure you miss them a lot. Your kitties are (at least one is) very demanding of your attention though. That has to be heartwarming.

Patty I checked your blog. Your hubby is a treasure himself to bring you those goodies! I'm afraid that I don't surprise anyone with my eating habits. Nothing I can think of would be considered "off the wall."

Holly - Your 4th celebration sounds like so much fun! I don't think I've ever been to an 4th of July event that did it up to the nines the way yours does! I think your planning meeting must be about as much fun as the activities.

Janet - I am hoping you keep healing until you feel like a 40 year old again! I wish we got physically stronger as we get older and wiser. There's so much we could DO!

Auntie M. Your UPS package story is great! Sounds like both you and Patty - and Bunny, too - just gotta love those UPS guys. They can get creative when called for. Was at Starbucks one day (last year) and saw our UPS guy. I said hi - he looked at me, closed his eyes for a second and then rattled off my address. Not my name, just my address.

You got a croquet set! I bought one (the old fashioned wooden kind, too) last spring. When the family came (I think it was the 4th of July timeframe) we played what we called Extreme Croquet. Our Oakhurst yard is still quite a work in progress and rather "lumpy" so it was a challenge. Next year perhaps it will be more a more genteel game.

Congratulations on the twins. What a fascinating women you are. A goat mid-wife! Truly amazing (and unusual).

Dianne - watching your weather. Keep warm and dry, babe! Bummer to have to go out in the rain to go to work.

Patty - alright! I'll be waiting to hear when you are coming. Just not early June, I hope. We'll be visiting DH's mom in Huntington Beach June 7-10 and I'll be rendezvousing with Nancy down there on the 8th. And, gotta pick up GS arriving home from Argentina on the 11th. Other than that, I'm clear.

Off to get on with my day, girls. Heading out again this evening so I may or may not have internet connection in Oakhurst. Best I just say that I'll see you all Monday (after the chiro appt.)

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  1:59:46 PM  Show Profile
Marylyn, we spent lots of time playing croquet growing up and then when the kids were younger. Now we have switched to bocce. It is so much more portable. And, Kathy, you can play it on a hill very easily. But croquet rocks~! Have fun, Marylyn. I bet you get a weekly game without too much arm-twisting!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  3:50:32 PM  Show Profile
When I was a little girl, my grandpa had a tournament sized court and there wasn't a blade of grass on it. It was hard pan dirt and it was packed. He had lights strung across the court and croquet was serious...no children were allowed to play with my grandpa's set, that was an adult game. My grandparents raised me and I do remember playing with them occasionally. I probably won't clear the grass, but I certainly hope my friends give it lots of use.

I ordered a professional set, it is all wood except the balls are resin. When I was a kid the balls were wooden as well. I looked at just a set of wooden balls they were 100.00 dollars!!! Just for the wooden balls! So we'll be playing with the resin balls.

I love croquet! ,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  4:30:37 PM  Show Profile
I am going to post this picture and then go back and read the posts. It is a picture of an apple that made it through the winter still hanging on the tree.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  5:31:39 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Taliesin had basketball practice last night so I arrived home past my bedtime and not enough opportunity to post. I went to the material store to buy more colored clay for the little dolls. I also bought a bit of cotton yarn for washcloths and I bought a ten inch square plastic pattern for cutting out the fronts of t shirts to make a quilt. Talie has outgrown quite a few of his baseball shirts so I thought I would make him a quilt for his birthday in September. Trying to plan ahead a little since I have never made one and only seen someone else make one once.

For cow plop bingo we take a lime spreader like they use to mark a baseball field and line out some squares. Then you draw a grid on a paper and people pay for a square. If the cow does her business in your square you win.

A neighbor of mine is marketing garden mats. I have a few. I like them because they keep the weeds down. I do not like them because he makes the holes very linear and I am not a linear type person when it comes to setting out my garden.http://gardenmats.com/pdf_files/current_%20resident%20_insert_1-30-10.pdf

Penny I just noticed that I do not have Marylyn's address. If she has sent it to you could you forward it to me. Marylyn if you have not sent your information to Penny for the birthday list would you please do that?

Years ago we had goats. Our buck was named Cyrano. We had many babies and they were so fun to watch. I liked it especially when they finally figured out their legs and started to boing straight up in the air. We stopped keeping goats because we did not like goat meat and I do not really like the taste of goat milk. The milk was like skim milk not thick rich creamy cow's milk,

A friend told me that her mother had a big barrell that she planted in. She had some tomatoes along the edge and she let them hang down over the side. This idea sounded inviting to me because my plants always bend the towers they get so heavy with tomatoes. This is true when I plant them in the garden and not in the five gallon buckets on the porch so Ross can pick them off and heave them over the railing. lol

It rained here all night and off and on all day. It rained enough to make the baseball field too wet to play on. Talie is very disappointed that his first game of the season was postponed. He called his coach and it is rescheduled for next Thursday. He came out of his funk when he found out that it was going to happen. Last year the game was just cancelled for the weather.

Ross and I played outside this afternoon. I found his doll carriage over the hill and lugged it up and he tore around the yard with his babies. I took pictures.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  7:16:30 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick post tonight. I worked today and just now had a chance to get on the computer. I love croquet also, but live on a hill and cannot play here. We do play other yard games though, so much fun when the kids come over.
Holly, that is one diehard apple!!!
Will catch up with you all tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  9:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Holly, that is some apple!!! WOW....stayed on the tree all winter?

It is 11:00 and I can't sleep.a wink! I have worked 12 hours today and I am facing another 12 hours in the morning! Here I am wide eyed...I think it is the almost full moon! Hehehe. I should not have had that cup of coffee at 5:00 this afternoon....sometimes it doesn't bother me and sometimes it will keep me up for hours! I guess tonight is one of those nights!

Y'all sleep well...chat at ya in the morning!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  9:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh, forgot to add....did anyone notice I'm a "True Blue Farmgirl" now? WooooWhoooo!!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  04:02:56 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

I am on the otherside of Marylyn's "can't sleep - night." I have been sleeping much better, so I am not complaining that today I seem to be getting an extra-early start ...

I do wonder if the "Super Moon" is what is keeping us up, too, Marylyn. I could see that it was huge as the news people told us to expect, but we have slight cloud cover, so it is a bit blocked. Has anyone else had a good look at it?

Well, we are in countdown mode for my daughter's move to the Seattle area. She and her guy will meet there in two weeks to find an apartment to lease and then move in around June 2. I am happy and hopeful for them. DD has not found fulltime work since her graduation two years ago. She has been scrambling with two PT jobs and also volunteering. It has really rounded-out her resume. I think the larger metro area will allow her to get more attention with two degrees under her belt. Her guy is moving up from Southern California. Both taking a leap of faith to be together. Let's hope true love prevails!!! We know how hard economic times can weigh heavily on relationships.

So, I don't have many more days of my best pal being close. I will miss her desperately, but I am so happy to see her move on to something better. Fingers-crossed. Prayers- offered.

Since DD is heading off that means we need to get serious about dh and I getting a second car. For the last four months we have gotten along with just one car knowing I could always either drive dh to the airport for his trips or call dd for a ride or to borrow her car while our car was parked at the airport.

I hate car shopping. Such a big expense, long-lasting purchase, pressure ... Just not fun in my book. Plus, if you get a new car you have the pain of the first scratch, ding or dent. I don't have a lot of patience for negotiating and usually just throw out our bottom line offer because for some reason, dh always clams up at that point. Not out of fear, he just is always "running numbers" in his head and checks out for long periods of time and I get bored. (We are a real treat to work with, let me tell you.)

So, wish us luck. It ain't gonna be easy! I don't want to make too many trips back and forth to the airport even though it is only eight or twelve miles. DH's flights tend to neccessitate 5 am departures and 11 pm arrivals.

Thanks for listening,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  04:15:40 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I am so glad to know you are re-supplied to keep up your clay doll production. Everyone loves them. I have a collection of tshirts with the same quilt making idea in mind. Maybe Bunny could give us some hints, or an online quilt class. You are using a 10 inch pattern? I haven't even gotten that far! Please share as you go along. I agree with Jan, that apple is a diehard!

Marylyn, Your croquet set sounds like a piece of art. My memories include mallets that were always too short. Bet you won't have that problem! It really sounds beautiful. I hope you have many hours of enjoyment with your new set.

Patty, you really would have to do some planning to take a trip when it is hatching time, wouldn't you? Your dd is so lucky to have your participation in that roadtrip. How many days do you think it will take and what are the ages of the children? Your mentioning the four days of rain made me think of a card I saw the other day ... It had two dinosaurs watching the Ark sail off with the caption, "Was that today?" I had to laugh out loud.

So, is everyone enjoying huevos rancheros for breakfast and chile rellenos for lunch? Any margaritas in your future? We do have chips, fresh salsa, guacomole on hand! Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  06:06:50 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I love the apple. It really looks artistic...something that a professional photographer would like to have taken. It would make a good painting titled," Survival Apple."

My DH and I picked up an old croquet set at the nearby thrift store. We have a bumpy backyard with grass growing so oddly. I love to play with him except he is so good that he plays one handed with a cup of tea in the other hand and he wins 98% of the time. I think my perception difficulty and being right handed and left eyed makes the difference. Well, I blame it on that anyway. :)

Very busy day today. I am still recording videos to DVD and can get about 4-5 done a day if I work at it. I finished the baby quilt so I am making the cancer patient aprons now.

I used one of the flat rate boxes to mail the bean bag hearts in. I made 32 of them. When the postal clerk lifted the box she couldn't resist asking me what was in it. It was so heavy and I am glad about the flat rate since it only ended up costing around $15 to mail it.

I am going to be making some muffins this morning. Probably 2 batches so I can freeze some. I am off the the local farmer's market to get my veggies.

Our big Shrimp Festival is this weekend and DH and I will go into town and see all the goodies that the street venders are selling. Lots of art here in this town. We have a big artist population.

I did not go to the parade which was yesterday. The first year I lived here we went and it was 3 hours long. I laugh because we started watching and then after about 45 minutes we went to eat. We came out of the restaurant and the parade was still going. We watched some more and then went and had ice cream and talked with some people. Came out of the ice cream store and the parade was still going. Someone told me that yesterday's parade only lasted about 1 1/2 hours.

I got my 2 MJF badges in the email. I now have 6 of them. I have this big red apron that I am sewing them onto. I hung the apron in my sewing room so it will remind me that I want to get some more.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Hugs and squeezies to you all.

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  06:37:33 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, How do you get badges in the mail? Are they merit badges? I download mine on the computer and print out my own.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  09:01:20 AM  Show Profile
Holly when you are ready to make your t- shirt quilt you will need some fusible interfacing. I hate to say this but a 10inch square might be too small. I have always used a 12.5 inch square even with children's t-shirts. I cut out the front of the shirt and iron the interfacing to the back ....then use the square to cut the t-shirt square down to size for the quilt. I'm glad to help with any questions when you are ready. Just know that the interfacing is a must.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  1:40:22 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, thanks for the information about the tshirt quilt. Would you use a light or medium fusible interfacing? I would have missed this step for sure!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  5:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I was not sure what size square to use so I put it up to my t shirt in the store. I am not that big around so I thought 10 inches was big enough. I have not laid it to any of Talie's t shirts yet to see if it would cover the logo. thank you for the head's up I will check it out before I organize myself enough to cut it out. Then I will be less frustrated. I knew about the interfacing. The woman I saw teaching them used a spray glue and interfacing pressed onto it. I have extra interfacing around so I have not thought much about it yet.

We had shrimp for supper last night. I am sure it is not nearly as tasty as the fresh shrimp that Nancy is enjoying this weekend. I wish I could fly down and join you.

WOW! a three hour parade. How long is it? Is your island that long? It must be like the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. I can not imagine a small town parade being three hours. We are lucky if our parade on the Fourth of July is 20 minutes. If it is that long we are very happy.

Last night was cloudy and rainy but we woke to a beautiful day. I will look for the moon tonight.

Today was gorgeous. The only clouds in the sky were high mare's tails. The temperatures were in the seventies. I put wire over the strawberries in the raised beds. The #%^& chickens were scratching them up. We planted lettuce, leeks and carrots today. I put wire over the tops of them as well to keep the chickens from scratching up the seeds.

A man came to get manure today in a bright white very new looking pickup truck witha very short bed. Cheri went out to load it with the tractor. We all watched at the window to see if she would scratch or bump that bright white truck with the tractor. Luckily he only wanted one bucket full. She was very very careful. She did not bump or scratch that beautiful truck. We laughed when we saw the manure go over the side of the truck onto the clean white paint.

We have tadpoles growing in one of our black rubber water buckets in the garden. Ross and I saw the eggs a few days ago. today there are little tadpoles hatching. I wonder what kind of food they require to grow.

The peepers are calling tonight. It is the first night there have been so many going at once. Ours seem to start later in the year than other places in town.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  6:14:36 PM  Show Profile
Holly, what a productive day you had today, but most of your days are. We took a ride to a campground about 45 miles from here to check it out. It has electricity in some of the sites, but they get rented fast, so you have to get your reservations in early. It looks like a nice campground. We had to walk in because the gates were locked, and when we went around the corner, the camp hosts were there cleaning up the sites. We kind of startled them, they were not expecting to see anyone in there. They were very nice and informative. It does not open until the 15th. We are hoping to camp there the last week in May and also the first week in July. Bob has to see if he can get those weeks off before we make reservations.
Bunny, that was good info you gave Holly. It does make sense to use stablizer on tee shirt material.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page