darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  8:32:35 PM  Show Profile
Oooooooo, Holly --- that Machias Valley Airport sounds perfect! We can fly in riding on the wing, hanging from the things that keep the wheels on ... etc. Maybe even hitch a glider from the rear ... that could carry several of the more zingy farmgirls (note: I did not say dingy - zingy is not a typo.) Dibs on Shotgun! Yay, Ginny!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  9:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh boy this flight sounds like so much fun......

Quick note....went for pre-employment drug test today...called this afternoon and manager was busy...left message she didn't call me back...they said she would know the results in less than 30 min...anyway, right after I called her, I got a call from Pizza Hut wanting to know if I was still looking for a job...so got a meeting with them Thursday at 3:30....so which one is the first to offer me the job, I'm taking it...need to work...DH said but you already have a job, and I told him that I don't have one until she says come to work. Just cause she said we want to use you doesn't mean I have the job...and he said sure it does and I said not really cause we don't know for sure and it is possible that they may have a policy against hiring anyone on pain meds (you never know)...MEN...anyway....he said, I never thought of that. And I told him if I told PH that I already had a job, then I blew my chance with them, if Bi-Lo didn't work out...so, better safe than sorry. I will catch up tomorrow on here...now it is time for bed...hugs and lots of love to all

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  10:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Holly, that is such great gifts you got...isn't Jan just wonderful...

Here's a few pics from Easter Sunday with GiGi and her parents...I got up at 4am so we could be there at 6:30 for service...but it was a great day

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  05:21:22 AM  Show Profile
Penny, great pictures. She is such a cute baby!!!!! Good luck on getting a job. It may be that Pizza Hut is it. I bet they hire you on the spot. Saying some prayers for you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  06:07:08 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, everyone! It's a little overcast here this morning, but truly a beautiful morning temps are in the 40's and it is supposed to reach the mid 70's!

Oh, penny, best of luck with your job search...I have been there myself at times.

Well, yesterday was BUSY to say the least!!! It was 3:30 before I got home!! So between picking up necessities, having lunch with my friend, visiting my Aunt at the nursing home and my Uncle at the hospital...I would say I clocked about 4 hours of actual movement. Ten minutes after I walked in my door my employer called and ask me to come into work, so out the door I ran again. It's okay though, because my employer's brother was getting ready to pass away. You have to understand that these are people I have known all of my life. In fact, when I was little they were my neighbors...and they still are neighbors! She was able to be with him for about 30 minutes before he passed. I worked about 4 hours, before I was relieved.

Such beautiful gifts y'all send to each other. So much talent here!!! Are these birthday gifts or just Farmgirl gifts?

Virtual Tour:
Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry I was late last night, but what and awesome time you all were having when I arrived!!!! The music, the dancing, and everyone looked so chic in they're fancy, frilly clothes!!!! Of course as I turned around at the bottom of the hill about half of a dozen beautiful ladies jumped into my '64 Impala convertible!! They were all laughing and trying to tickle me and they were yelling "hey, Auntie M, let's get to Kathy's!!!

Oh, oh, oh....I almost for got to share with everyone....I received an awesome package yesterday!!!! My official membership from Mary Jane Farms!!!!! I was so excited. I also received my Chillover Powder and two of Mary Jane's books that I ordered!!!!! Last night after my dear husband went to sleep, I looked through the whole book!!!! WOW, oh, WOW!!!! Can't wait to read it ..... Every single page .... And then read it again!!!

Happy Day,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  06:15:47 AM  Show Profile
welcome auntie m! sorry i have been missing for a while. you girls are having way too much fun on your virtual tour! if i had more energy i would join in on the fun!:)
congrats Holly on fgotm! you deserve it! hope you have a wonderful month filled with many blessings!
made it thru my dh's birthdate sort of ok. now i only have to get thru his "birthdate" with Jesus at the end of the month....man i miss him. he was truely my soulmate.
anyway, hope all is doing well. got to get to work
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  06:47:16 AM  Show Profile
Dr. Thel…I would love to take a warm bath, but…I don't have a bathtub…I know! Tragic, right? The not sleeping thing has been ongoing since I was a child, unfortunately. It has gotten a tiny bit better since I started on thyroidium; the doc now agrees with me that most of my issues very well could be as a result of hypo-thyroidism…soooo. Things are coming a long, but slowly… *heavy sigh* When you've been feeling bad for so long and you may have found the reason you just want to be gone over night…I'm sure all you gals know exactly what I'm talking about…it just rarely works that way, however, and I'm just being impatient…

Holly, we do have a great group of girlfriends don't we? I did not make that lace…I don't remember if I told you, but I used to collect pieces of lace like that and That piece is one of my favorites that I still had. I think every gal should be sent flowers now and again and that is how I do it…*giggle* By the way since the last time I posted last week, before the weekend, I mean, I have moved a total of 8 more hours; shopped, laundry, dishes, office stuff, and a little bit of weeding. When you spread it all out it isn't very much, but… Oh, and my yoga, add another hour each day…that's a bit better, I guess. I haven't gotten to standing on my head (and probably never will…), but I do what I can when I can. Every bit helps… *shrugs*

Will check in again later…

Squashes and Hugs,

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  07:24:09 AM  Show Profile
Penny - what a beautiful little girl. She looks just like an angel!!

On the topic of the fabric swap - I hadn't thought about it, Thelma. Maybe if we get only a few people interested in doing it, we could send a yard to each person, that way we'd also get a lot of different fabric back. But I do think we should stick to cotton fabric. Like you'd use for quilting or fabric crafts. Any color, any design.

I had originally thought of something you can only get where you live - like for instance - I visited Alaska and found a little quilting shop where they sold quilting fabric that I have never seen anywhere else. I bought only fat quarters-wish I would have bought yards instead. Anyway, one piece is "Aurora Boriallis", one piece is snow with igloos, and one piece is wolves - unlike any other wolf piece I've ever seen. I promised husband I'd make something with them (a year ago!!).

Later thought that would be a bad idea. We'd all end up with baseball or football logo type fabric.

I need to hear from everybody though, before I actually get this going. I think it would be great fun to go through your stash and send something out, then see what you get in return. Everybody has a yard of something they'd like to get rid of? Right? So, email me directly ASAP.

Only moved 2 hours yesterday. Just potted up my marigolds and tomatoes. Too early to take them out of the greenhouse just yet. Although, I am seeing all kinds of plants set out at the Home Depot and Lowes. I guess they have better plants?

Hey Penny...if you get that job at Pizza Hut, will we get a discount?? Us Farm Girls love pizza!!

Janiee - <<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>

Ginny - OK sister....take us around DC. We better not get too close to the Capitol building though....the 'lawmakers' might not like to hear what we'd have to say.. But any place else would be great. Show us around. Just wait until we are all up, showered and dressed in our finest!! I know...this is not me...It's my granddaughter. But she is dressed up in her finest!!!!!

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  07:33:05 AM  Show Profile
Kathryn, I'm sorry about your sleeping habits. I have fibro so I take trazadone to get into a deeper level of sleep. Often I get an hours sleep and then I am awake for several hours. I have trained myself to stay in bed and relax - problem is that I have so many things buzzing around in my head - crafts I want to try, paint colors, books and movies I have read, grandkids activities, gardening, quilting, - stuff like that. I have learned not to be on the computer at nights and to turn off the lights an hour before I retire. I have a wonderful sleep mask that is filled with lavender. I have had it for a long time and it still smells wonderful. I hope these suggestions help. We have a standing joke in our family - if I fall asleep in front of the tv Darwin has to wake me up so I can take my sleeping pill and go back to sleep. If you have any sleeping tips send them my way.

Marlyn, I am so glad your package from Mary Jane arrived. I have had the 3 book set for about 6 or 7 months now. They are right by my favorite chair and I reread them all the time. Right now I am teaching myself to crochet using the stitching room book. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I have not tried the chillover yet. That will be one of my next purchases. Have you checked out the Raising Mary Jane website? She posts beautiful pictures, gives us vocabulary words to learn, encourages us to enjoy many things. I usually check her site every 3 or 4 days.

Holly, thank you for posting the pictures. You recieved some nice gifts from some very talented gals. I want to know how you got them all lined up in little boxes like that. Nice display.

I have a paint brush with my name on it so best go turn my pink to green. - taa taa chickie poos
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  07:47:40 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, we must have been posting at the same time. I vote that we start with just one piece of fabric. We will sign up with you then you pair us up and let us know who to send our fabric to. that way we all share in paying postage. When we sign up we could also include what our favorite 2 or 3 colors are so we actually use the fabric. Another thing we could do is post what we made on this site. that way everyone will see how we used the fabric. I am still thinking about this. To make it fair you can only send one yard. No extra. The reciever then can add say 3 other fabrics to her project. What will we get - - --- Some beautiful projects. I know some people don't like cutting up their fabric so they don't have to make anything - just swap fabric. I hope you can follow this ranting - I call it brain storming.

The posted pictures of the 2 little girls are adorable. Easter is a fun time for dressing up little ones - even if it is in jammies.
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  10:50:43 AM  Show Profile
Thelma…Medications did work all that well for me; I explain in a sec. What does work, more often than not, are what I call "cave conditions," which means cool and dark. Cool, because bundling up in comforters and quilts is comforting to me and in order to do that…it has to be cool. Dark is obvious, but I mean, absolutely no light whatsoever. When I stay at other peoples' houses there are articles of clothing and or towels covering tvs,vcrs, dvd players, windows…anything and everything that gives off any light. Then I too use a mask (no lavender, though, I'm allergic) to make sure there is no other possible light that can attack from an unknown place.
Warm baths used to help relax muscles, which pain is half my problem…but shutting the brain down is the hardest part. Chamomile tea helps to some degree.
Now the drug thing; the last time I took prescription medication…The constants were 100 mg of Darvocet, which a narcotic pain killer, if you've never heard of it; Soma, I think that was 30mg, but can't remember. That is also a very seriously strong muscle relaxer that they don't even hardly prescribe any more; I then had anti-inflammatory's that changed on a regular basis, 2 anti-depressants, and a sleep aid (trazadone, melantonin and others). Every night I took 2 darvocets, 2 somas, 1@ of the 2 anti-depressants, anti-inflammatory's, and the sleep aid, as prescribed by the doctor. It would, according to my daughter, would make act "drunk" to some degree, but very frequently, I would still stay awake all night. His, the doctor's, conclusion was that "my brain must be very strong to not be shut down by all that." I "lived" like that for many years. Finally, one day I had had enough and stopped it all. I am now almost completely homeopathic, there is one otc med I still take, but as soon as we figure out the cause of that, then it will go away too. We are close, I can feel it. Anyway, I am sleeping much better. I sleep, on average, 3-5 hours a night, which a lot more than I have had in years. I still, however, have those times when I will go anywhere from 1 to as many as 5 days in a row with no sleep. Of course, I get crazier and dumber at each passing day. It's been a couple months since the last time and I am now on day 4…*cukoo, cukoo* Long explanation, I know, but, as one of my teachers used to say …diaherra of the brain…it can't shut down.

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  10:52:38 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, I don't think I have your email address...I'm cooknnana@gmail.com; send me a hello and then I will...

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  3:26:42 PM  Show Profile
My email address is:
beachy1mom@yahoo.com

Email me if you want to participate in the one yard fabric swap.

Hurry!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  3:40:08 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

the pictures are lined up because the photobucket program that I use has a collage setting that has threeor four pictures and other combinations as well. I am getting good at this program. I am still jealous that Penny seems to just pop the pictures on whenever and where evcer she feels like it.

the pictures of Gigi are adorable. When I find copies of Kethry's baby pictures that are on a disk I will post one.

Ginny I have been looking for Machias on the map for a while. There are a lot of geographic Machias like rivers and such up near Presque Isle but now I see that you are probably located further south near the ocean.

Just a short time to type here must drive Talie to basketball practice.

Virtual Tour

Ginny I would love for you to give us a tour of your DC. Then I think on Friday we will fly out of the Ronald Reagan Airport that serves Washington DC to Manchester NH. Then we will change to the puddle hoppers that will fly us to the airport acrosss from Ginny's house in Machias for the weekend. I hope there are sail boats or deep sea fishing boats or whale watching boats that we could go out on the ocean. I love the ocean. I would bet I would need a warm suit to swim. There are no alligators that far nort. Maye we could have real boiled lobsta' one night.

Sweet dreams off to chauffeur.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  3:46:34 PM  Show Profile
Thelma: I agree with your fabric swap idea.

Kathryn and Thelma - For years, I had trouble sleeping. I tried so many different meds = OTC & homeopathic...finally came across sound treatment. I got a sound machine that played waves, birds, trickling water, white noise....but the one most effective for me was crickets. As long as the machine played the cricket sounds I could sleep.

Prayers and hugs to everybody.

Somebody catch me up with the virtual tour....I got lost in DC and now I'm stuck with a bunch of street performers. I can only bang on garbage cans for just so long and it's getting dark. Sisters, come and get me so I can go home!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  5:09:51 PM  Show Profile
I want to fly on the wing. You can strap us down and we can sit there and sing away as we fly through the air. Wow! it sounds like so much fun. I saw an old Fred Astaire movie once with lots of girls flying on the wings of airplanes. It was great!

Ginny I am up for a tour of D.C. too. I've never been there. I would like to see it. So you can count me in. You can show whoever is on the tour all the neat places.

Holly What nice gifts you have received. They are all so nice. I am glad we got a chance to see them.

Penny good luck with the jobs. I adore that little Gigi. She is such a cutie. I am glad to see on FB the pictures of the things you are making. You do such nice work. I hope all works out well with your job situation as I am sure it will.

Kathy Your little granddaughter is so pretty. She looks so adorable in her glimmering blue gown, just like a princess. She reminds me of my oldest granddaughter, Kristen who used to like to dress like that when she was little. As far as the fabric swap I like the idea of sending out 1 yard to each person if we don't have too many people. I will email my ideas to you.

Holly I have not posted my movement hours for a couple of days. I have put in about 7 hours just doing my walking and other things around the house. My SIL will be here Fri. and we are going up to Savannah, for real. I would like to buy something in one of the shops there but after what Darlys told me about her scarf experience I am going to double check on where things are made.

Janie, I am praying for you, gf. You are onour minds and in our heart so know that you are loved here.

Thelma I really like your idea about the fabric swap. I am already thinking about some of the things I can make with 1 yard of fabric and with some added to it. I think this would be lots of fun. I use some of the same tips you do for sleeping. I have had sleeping problems for many years. I don't use the eye mask but I do use the lavendar to help me. One of the problems I have is vivid dreams that wake me up. The other night I think I had at least 10 or 12 dreams during the night. Funny thing is during the dream everything makes sense. When I wake up the dream can often be seem so silly or weird.
I hope your tips can be of a help to Kathryn.

Lobster???? Ginny Any chance for lobster? I have my bib, pick, and cracker all ready. Let me at em. I think I am going to like it at your place. The boating sounds wonderful.

Well I know have 3 quilts going at one time and 4 Dotee dolls in progress. I am having fun with all of them. The spring weather is so nice and I will be off most of my meds by next week. The only one I will be taking will be the High Blood Pressure med. I am already feeling more energy. I think I will try Kathy's advice and get myself a noise machine and see if that makes a difference in my sleeping.

Hugs to all,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  6:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, still cold and very windy here. Right now it is only 37 degrees. Too windy to do anything outside. Hopefully by next week it will improve. Put me down for 2 hours today, cleaning and laundry.
I am looking forward to seeing DC also. Then off to Ginny, lobster is my favorite. I have not had it in a few years, no place to get any around here. It should be very pretty in DC right now with all the cherry blossoms in bloom.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  7:11:26 PM  Show Profile
OMG!! I just spent all night giving the DC tour and I hit "n" and it all just disappeared. I want to cry!! But, my hands are very sore so I can't do that again until tomorrow! Then, I was typing this and it too disappeared so I'm really going to bed now!

And Holly, you can't swim where I live unless you swim in a lake. Think Titanic, it sunk off our coast. Even in August it's too cold to swim in the Atlantic. But I do live near the ocean (8 miles), and we even have a beach house we can stay in! But bring warm clothes ladies, it's still winter here!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  7:18:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Ginny, I can hardly wait to come to Maine....I have never been any farther north than D.C.....to stay at a beach cabin! Are the beaches craggy rocks? I have always dreamed of going to your state!

Good evening, everyone,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  8:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all...wow have ya'll been chatter boxes since I posted yesterday.....so let me catch you up on the job thing..

Got a call from the manager of Bi-lo today, she said test results haven't come back yet...so I called the lab, they said they had to be sent off to another lab because of my pain meds (lortabs) showing up...I knew they would..lol...anyway the first time I talked to manager...she said she was going on vacation but wanted to get me in before she left to fill out paperwork..and she was hoping it would be before Friday...I told her I had interview with Pizza Hut on Thurs. so she said then call me tomorrow...lol...So when I called her back after talking to lab, I told her what they said and explained to her about my pain meds, she said that's no problem...but please don't give up on us...lol...told her I wouldn't...and then she said, if you want to work both jobs, that she would be happy to work around my schedule with Pizza Hut but that she was Really wanting me to come to work for them...lol....so, now what do I do? I don't mind working both as I believe both are part time...I have always loved waiting tables, but in this small town, I don't think the tips will be very good..now it is possible...maybe....that they are looking at me for something other than a server...who knows...just got to wait and see...lol...but nice to know I have options...I love the public so either one will be good...but I will see more people at the grocery store..

Holly, I learned some lessons about posting pics...don't have anything in the name but letters and numbers, anything else causes a problems. I can't wait to see the pic of Kethry's pics...oh by the way did you ever tell me about the kids....how many ages...and other info...not trying to be nosy just trying to get them straight in my head...I can't keep them straight and thought if you listed them all at once, in one place I might be able too..lol

Thank you everyone on the sweet comments about GiGi (Gwendolyn Grace) she is a doll....

Marylyn, you sure were busy weren't you..wow...and sorry to here about your friends passing...Oh and MaryJane's books are on my wish list. I did get them from the library a few months ago...and were able to keep them for 2 weeks..so I spent alot of time reading them while I had them.

I will you girls..love me some lobster....yummy.

I also have problems sleeping that is why I am up so late at night or guess should say so early in the mornings...lol...2 or 3 am is normal for me...will have to change that if I can when I go to work.

Kathy, your granddaughter is a little angel..so cute.

Janet, thank you, I hope I get one of them and if both are part time, I hope I get both...lol

Ginny, are you sure you are ready for us??? we can be handfuls....but oh so much fun....sorry you lost your post...that is a bummer..hope you sleep well.

I worked on getting the garden laid out today...would have planted except we have a freeze warning tomorrow night...and this after 80+ days this week and last...

I'm off to finish a crochet bag...will check in before I go to bed...

Nancy, you sure are busy aren't you? I drew up a pattern today so I could make a cover for my kitchen aid mixer...I wanted one for so long and was so lucky to get one for my anniversary in 2010. I wish I could make quilts...started one years ago and never finished it.

Thelma, I like your idea about the fabric, if we do just one, I might be able to join in..if more than that I will have to bow out...got to get money coming in before I can't spend to much

Janie, I will keep you in my prayers during this time with your DH birthday...I know it is hard. I haven't lost a DH, but my Momma, Daddy and oldest brother are gone and Sat. was my oldest brother's birthday...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  9:48:26 PM  Show Profile

Kathy, I know your pain! My doctor wanted to do a joint replacement on my thumbs (both). I miss doing some of the needlework I loved, I can still garden, but not like I used to. The last thing I will do is STOP! That's when I will really lose the ability to garden! Keep on keepin' on, Right? Hope it's a warm, painfree day for ya!

Darlys, Your Easter dinner sounds wonderful. If you're gonna cook, why not COOK! Leftovers are the best. I am sure everyone appreciated them. Ambrosia sounds wonderful right now. Yum.

Kathryn, The rain is tough on these twisted spines. ARe you not sleeping because the storm is loud or your are in so much discomfort? Whatever the reason I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. It makes such a difference. When you have a restless night, you feel like you start the day already behind! You are not complaining too much, when it affects your entire day, it is difficult to not mention it. And if you don't mention it to us, who would you mention it to?!! OK, I have read further and now I understand and can honestly say -- Been there, taken that! Except for the trazadone. I did have a prescription for another sleep aid- the butterfly commercial one - brain fade can't think of the name right now - and kept falling asleep on the toilet and waking up in bed eating something. Too weird even for me. I have finally had enough of the doctors, pain clinics and craziness. The more I tell them something makes me feel worse, the more they increase the dosage, it seems. Frustrating. I am almost off my most powerful pain reliever. Fentanyl patches. It has taken almost two months and it has been tough. Alot of what I am calling the "dt's" Itching, sweating, nausea, headaches, more pain, naturally. But overall, more awake and the pain level is calming to a low roar. Anyway, keep up your good work! I know it isn't easy. Sleep deprivation is serious, be careful driving! Crazy thought ... how does benadryl affect you? It might make you drowsy. It's OTC and pretty benign... And hypnosis is pretty amazing, if you can be hypnotized. I took a self-hypnosis class that changed my life.

Penny, I sure hope you hear soon. Which position would you prefer? I'll keep my fingers crossed more tightly for that one. Gigi has such gorgeous hair. How do you keep your fingers out of it? How nice of you to get up so early to be with them at sunrise service. You are her Godparents, aren't you?

Ginny, Count me in as someone who wants to be in on Your Tour Of DC!! Sorry you are having so much posting problems. Just scream, you'll feel better!!

Janie, Be proud to have made it through your dh's birthday. That must have been tough. I have no idea. I just hope to not have to find out (ever). I am one of those chickens who hope I pass first. Prayers for you on the next "birthdate" coming up.

So, tomorrow I get my teeth cleaned. Who's jealous!?? Yea, that's what I figured. I'll be glad to check it off the to-do list. Mammogram ought to be next. Anyone else late getting theirs? And, You guys haven't heard this is THREE weeks, but dh gets home tomorrow!! Yep, he was home (because of the oral surgery) for three weeks and I got used to it so fast it isn't funny. But, he eased me into the travel again with only a two day trip. So, he's home tomorrow!! I do miss him. He is a very agreeable man.

Til tomorrow gfs
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  9:57:09 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

How much I missed reporting with you all. Now that my smart phone has dried out ... I can add my point of view of events, too!!

I can't wait to see DC. All those important buildings, swimming in the reflecting pool at the Washington Monument. (We are going to swim in the pool aren't we?) I just wanted to warn you that Marylyn was talking about sitting on LIncoln's lap. I don't know if that is legal?

After DC, we are heading to Maine? Can we see a light house? Please, pretty please. I LOVE lighthouses. By the way, did everyone hear that Thomas Kinkade died? The whole lighthouse connection brought him to mind. He was so young! Sounds like he left some of his gallery owner's in a bad way. But I digress. Can we see a lighthouse? Please, Pretty please!

On Monday I worked around 5 hours and about 3 and one half today.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  06:50:52 AM  Show Profile
One last post on sleeping - I promise. I can't believe how many meds you are on or have been on. I have a very serious liver disease so I don't even take an asprin. When I was put on Trazadone a team of 5 doctors at Mayo Clinic had to make the decision. I wish I would never have started it as now I depend on it. I think as I (we?) get older I require less sleep. One nice thing about being retired is that I can go to bed when i want and get up when I want. Kathryn, I did have to laugh when you were telling about your dark cave. You described me perfectly. It really is a challange to stay overnight somewhere and make the room dark.

I really am getting excited about going to DC with you chicks. I have wanted to go there in like forever! I will skip the lobster though. I have rejoined Weight Watchers and all that butter would put me in a coma.

I want to start the fabric swap soon! Kathy I'm on my way to your e-mail site to sign up right now. What can I make with a yard of fabric and 2 or 3 extra pieces. I should say that we don't have to use the entire yard if we don't want too. Oh Kathy, I hope I am not taking this project away from you. I'll stop clucking and let you get on with the plan.

Holly, put me down for 4 hours yesterday. I spent the time painting and trimming my basement walls. I just love it now that the pepto pink is gone - what was I thinking? I have to do another coat, but need paint so will get some tomorrow when I go to Menards. Also need to get a birthday gift for my granddaughter who is going to Washington DC for real in June.

One more thing and then I'm done clucking. I belong to a retired teachers group. I'm not going, but the group is going to the Frank Loyd Right Hotel (about an hour from here). Today we got an e-mail from the hotel telling us how to behave while we are there. Guess we won't be going there when you travel to Thompson, Iowa on our tour will we! giggle - giggle - giggle some more. By the way, I did find the e-mail insulting.

Taa taa chickie poos play hard today so you sleep well tonight.

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  07:01:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. I'm wandering around DC looking for the rest of you....wait there you are. Everybody looking so great in all those fluffy dresses and big hats. It's a little cold here to swim in the reflecting pool, but I wouldn't mind just putting my toes in. Ohhh, who't got the fancy red toe nails?

When we all run up the steps toward the Lincoln monument....somebody get a picture of all of us in his lap!!

then running down to the reflecting pool with all those colorful feather boas waving in the air behind us!!

I don't know where we're going next....somebody pick up here. I can only eat just so many of those little bags of chips. Will we be going through one of the Smithsonian museums? I'd like to put my vote in for the Museum of Natural History. I hear they have lots of huge stuffed critters from dinosaurs and saber tooth tigers to dodo birds. Where are we going now?

Put me down for 4 hours. I think it's going to rain before I can get too much done in the garden. I may be able to get some of my hanging pots ready for the flowers for hanging around my patio.

More pics to follow.

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  07:09:10 AM  Show Profile
For the fabric swap - I think we should only swap with one person, and we should post pictures of what we make with the material we get.
Each person will tell their favorite colors.

Then I will try to fix up pairs who's fav's match.

Then we will all send out one yard - washed, ironed, & folded. I think it should fit in a 5X7 or 8X11 plain yellow envelope.

We have until the 15th to send me an email if you want to join: beachy1mom@yahoo.com

I'd like you to email me with you favorite color and that you're interested.

Please hurry & tell your friends too.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page