Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  6:12:55 PM  Show Profile
Janet, Janet, Janet - I wish I could change the weather for you! I understand how waiting for spring and warm weather can be so depressing, but it will be here soon! It just takes a little longer for us Northern Girls to get it. I still can't put anything in that chuck wagon of mine and everyday this week I've wanted to be outside but it's still in the low 40's here and cloudy all week. Looks like next week will be the same. But remember the saying "April showers, bring May flowers". Maybe you need to buy a bunch of flowers and set them near you to help you visualize spring! Seriously, know that we care and I really hope you can pull yourself out of your funk. I'll keep you in my prayers! You may want to take 5,000 mg of Vitamin D a day and see if that helps you. We don't get enough sun in the north and it really effects our mind, body, and soul.

Penny - I love the story of you coming over on a ship from Germany with soldiers! Very touching. Am happy to hear you got the job too! After all of us being there, you deserved a couple of days with your gf! And Jim deserved some quiet time! I was in Gatlinburg about 30 years ago, when TN held the World's Fair. We had a great time! But I've never been back since :(

I can no longer give blood but if I could mine is B+ . The last time I tried, they said the blood wasn't any good because it took so long to get 1/2 a bag filled. That was about 10 years ago. Back in my early 20's I'd give blood as often as they would let me, because they would pay you for it and I always needed money, lol!

Welcome Aunty M, or I should say Marylyn. Sounds like a great name for your business. We have blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, & cranberries that grow wild on our property and we have three apple trees. I harvest it and besides making jam and juice for us, I dry it and sell it to people with small animal pets like rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, etc... My business is called The Dew Hop Inn and my name on here, Oggie, is my pet rabbit's name. We have 60 acres but most of it is woods and a pond we allowed the beavers to make. I figured I had to do something to make money off this land and this just sort of happened. People can eat my dried fruit too but I focus on pets because of the strict guidelines for people. Good luck with your business when you get it up and running!

Kathy - can I come to your house for Easter? I love those eggs!

Bunny - Your boys have your Mother as Grandma don't they? I'm sure she's as loving and giving as you are so it makes up for the XMIL. I am sorry to hear about your XFIL though. It's hard to lose anyone we love. I admire you for what you have been through and what you are doing. I went to college in my 30's as a Mother, wife, and owner of a trailer park and I thought that was hard. Not sure I could do it today.

Glenda, while not a story book, I have had a book published. Guess I'm full of surprises, lol. I have to be in the right frame of mind though and lately I'm not. I envy Darlys for her quick wit and fabulous storytelling! I think of things after the fact normally. BTW, I'm very happy to hear you are doing much better!

Happy Birthday Linda!

Welcome Karen & Marylyn! You don't need to know the East Coast to join our tour, we are going from house to house and when Holly tells us where we are we get creative for our vitual tour. I google the places so I do learn something about the place and try and make up stories based from what I see about a place. I'm wondering if this is a home school project for one of Holly's kids? It should be. Also, we move any how we can and like Darlys said, Holly figures out by our real movement how far we can go to our next adventure. It isn't for badges. It's a way for some of us to really get moving and lose some winter fat, or in my case, "stopped smoking 17 years ago fat that I never got rid of"! My Dr. tells me I'm better off not smoking but sometimes I think I'd rather be slim again and smoke.

Holly, Ross sounds like such a sweetie! Heck, I'd probably give him all the candy if he said those things to me, lol.
Since I was last on here I would say I have about 5 hours of moving. Walked around in stores in Ellsworth; did laundry, and a few chores outside.

Today I started my own vanilla after getting my order from the coop. I also finished these "black" projects I've been working on. The tray is for the kitchen table to put the S/P, Splenda, napkins, toothpicks, and whatever else is on the table into. The other thing I thought I'd hang in the kitchen and put my collection of aprons on it. The round things are decorative knobs. Then I realized I really didn't have a place to hang it so I don't know what I will do with it. Both items I recycled into these things. They are black because my kitchen is black and white.

BTW, I'm sure no one watches this show but we are now on the map, so to speak. The show is called North Woods Law I believe and it is about Wardens in Maine. It's on Animal Planet on Friday nights. One of the Wardens, Alan Curtis, is from my neck of the woods and actually is a good friend of my daughter, as they grew up together/graduated together. He is such a sweet guy! Of course what you will see are all the wierd people that live around us because they are the people who don't follow the law! We of course watch it for Alan and see who he may have aarrested or given a ticket to that week, lol!

Everyone have a wonderful Easter! I can't wait, it's going to snow again here, as I say it very sarcastically, grrrrrrr!!!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  6:17:40 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, I forgot the pics:

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  04:31:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Farmgirl Sisters! What a beautiful morning it is here! Temps in the 50's right now and supposed to climb into the 70's. It's a shame about 'no grandmothering' anything in because I have already spent tons of hours in my orchard and vegetable garden last week! Oh, we'll, there is always next week! I work Thursday through Sunday, that means I have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to 'move' on my farm!

I want to take this paragraph to thank all of you for welcoming me so warmly...it really makes me feel welcomed into the fold. I can tell how much that you all care about each other and I hope one day that y'all feel the same about me. I just love MJF!!! And I pray that I can be of as much support and as helpful as y'all appear to be. (sorry about the 'y'all's', but I am a 'hillbilly from the Ozarks'...teehee)

okay, with that said...I wish all do you a wonderful day....Happy Easter!!!

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  05:57:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from Maryland, where it in the 60s headed for the low 70s - another beautiful day like yesterday.

Happy Easter to you all and God Bless.

Ann, welcome to us over 50s. We have just as much fun now as we did then. Anybody remember 'then'?

Auntie M, I love the black & white kitchen. I tried to make my kitchen black & white with some hot red flashes years ago, but except for black appliances I was out voted.

As for Grandma's - I have no grandchildren to cuddle.

Oldest son lives out in Vegas with 2 granddaughters I only get to see once in a great while if he happens to be on the computer when I am and then only for a minute or two because they are always so busy.

My oldest daughter choose not to have children ever. Says she is a teacher and they are her children.

My middle daughter has had pre-cancerous cells removed from her cervix twice and her Dr says he doesn't think she'll ever be able to carry a baby full term.

My youngest daughter was hit by a truck when she was 5 and was left with brain damage. She is 26 years old on the outside, but about 12 years old on the inside. So no grand babies there either.

All I have are my doggies. But they get a little upset when I try to dress them up & their idea of getting spoiled is doggie treats and peanut butter.
This is them at Halloween:

I would love to hug and cuddle and spoil anybody's kids! Just bring them to me!!

Off to church now. So, later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  08:53:04 AM  Show Profile
Happy Easter everyone.

Kathy the candy Easter eggs are so pretty. They look so yummy!

Marilyn so many of us are Wizard of Oz fans. I love it, too. I loved making all the costumes for my GD for Halloween. One year my DD and SIL and GDs and I all dressed as characters for W of O and had our pics taken. That was so much fun.
I am so glad you are on the virtual tour with us. I do tend to giggle a lot. And please do enjoy the lemonade. It is soooo good!

Welcome Karen. Do join us on the tour. We would love to have you. Tell you DH, Larry, that you are taking this wonderful trip with all these women. We are having the most fun and enjoying ourselves so much.

Kathy, Your dogies are so cute. What are their names? I am sorry to hear about your daughters who will not be having children. Having the two with those serious situations tells me you have been through quite a bit. God bless you sister. You do have the two granddaughters but it is hard that they are far away. I know what you mean about no grandchildren to cuddle though. Mine are all grown up and I so do miss the cuddling of little children as I suppose we all do when the little ones get older. My dog won't let me dress her up either and the cat? Forget it! I am now waiting for some great-grandkids but that doesn't look likely for a very long time.

Leon and I colored out Easter eggs yesterday. It is our tradition that we continue even after the GDs have grown. We started doing it with them when they were 2, 4, and 6. We still have fun and make funny faces and crazy designs on the eggs. Our hands get all messy. Thank goodness we like to eat hard boiled eggs because we dye 2 dozen.

I got 2 tiny chocolate bunnies from a little girl next door in my mailbox. I have to confess I unwrapped them and I ate off the ears first before consuming the whole candy. I tried to resist because after all I am not supposed to have the sugar but heck, who cares, it's Easter. :) Besides, I looked both ways and no one was looking.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  09:05:21 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

After that delicious breakfast Kathy made for us we decided we'd go celebrate Easter at Lake Junaluska. What a perfect place to spend Easter! We missed their sunrise service but made it to their regular service which was truly inspirational! The Lake Junaluska Singers are phenomenal and so young! Here's a taste of their singing:
http://www.lakejunaluska.com/lake-junaluska-singers/

By the way, we all acted like the perfect ladies we know we can be, and they were very happy we had joined them. BUT, after the service we partook in their other celebrations and things got a little crazy.

Holly & Kathy decided to join the Egg Decorating Contest, and convinced the judges they were just tall for their age of 12. Their creative decorating may have won them a few prizes but we won't know until 12:30. I couldn't believe how they pulled off being 12 but nothing surprises me when you are such youthful over 50 year olds!

Darlys and Glenda decided to be partners in the sack races which was clearly the wrong partnership! They laughed so hard at each other that they kept falling. Poor Glenda, this is not what she needed in her recovery but they entertained the entire crowd until everyone was having wet legs.

Karen, Dianne, Patty, Penny, Thelma, and Linda put up such a fuss at not being under 12 that the people in charge of the Easter Festivities finally caved in and allowed all adults to join. Way to go ladies!! It was hilarious to see many of the kids standing on the side lines while old people ran around dropping eggs! Those kids just stood shaking their heads at the ridiculous behavior of adults. But you ladies, went through more eggs then all the other teams combined. They finally had to put a stop to the race so they would have eggs for other activites. I guess running and carrying eggs is not a skill most of the over 50 crowd has anymore. Are we losing our motor skills as we grow older girls?

To prove some of us still had those motor skills, Bunny, Janet, Nancy, & Marianne signed up for the Hand Toss and it turned into more of a food fight with eggs. Talk about embarrassing! But being it is Easter, they still allowed us to stay. These folks in NC are sure tolerant of our shennigans!

We finally found Suzy! She'd snuck out of the campgrounds with one of the Scout Masters and they were both over at the Egg parachute all morning helping to throw children in the air and catch them in a shute! I really wanted them to do it to me, but they were afraid I'd break the shute, darn! I'm not that heavy, am I?

Debbie, Janie, Marylyn, Kathryn, and I were determined not to get egg all over us. We signed up for the egg bucket toss. It reminded me of our Antler Toss during our festival in Machias. Surprisingly, those buckets don't go as far as one would think and I guess it's because they are so light. We didn't win anything but they let us keep our buckets. So we wandered over to the Easter Egg Hunt to see if we could gather up a few eggs ourselves but those kids are way to quick! I think the most we all got together was 10! I guess we do need to be on this move it to lose it tour! Also, our buckets will make nice "bags" to collect stuff in as we move up the Blue Ridge Parkway!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  4:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Doggies are: Star is the black & white one - she was born on Christmas Day. Poppy is the brown and white one - she's the baby (gotta love her). As they are Jack Russel Terriers, we do not have any other pets.

Virtual tour cont......
After all the games and relays were over, we opened up those big baskets we brought with us and gave all the kids all the pretty gifts we brought to share - home made candies and toys for all the kids. Marilyn made all the kids some balloon animals, while Holly did all the face painting. Darlys & Glenda - once they got untangled from the sacks - put on a puppet show for all the kiddies.

Later, this evening, when we all got back to my house, I put on my new Star Wars Dancing game and woo boy did we put on a show!! My daughter joined in all the whootin' and hollerin' & soon the dogs were barking like crazy, and we all laughed our heads off when my DH left suddenly saying he someplace else to be??? Ha ha ha ha.

I'll put the crabs in the boil pot, and start steaming the ears of corn . You girls finish taking turns dancing while I get the tables ready. I think those warm quilts will come in very handy tonight. It's supposed to get down below 40, so we'll be snuggling down deep tonight. I sure hope we have enough hot water tomorrow for all our baths!!

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  5:26:56 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! We went to our son and DIL's yesterday to help celebrate our grandson's 6th birthday so we celebrated Easter there as well. Today we slept to late for church so drank coffee while we read the papers, walked around the acrage and then I fixed a nice lunch. This afternoon we went out for a drive. I found a good area for a photo shoot and got some great spring shots. Nothing good on TV so I thinking that early to bed is the plan.

Step 2 of the basement project is now finished and I love it. Hubby finally let me back down there after I promised not to bother the workmen with a dozen plus six questions. I am going to paint over the dusty rose with a shade of green. I really like the idea of blues and greens down there.

I haven't been on much this past week. I did read everyone's posts but there is just so much going on with you chicks that I have decided to keep my clucking (comments) to myself and cackle at you more often. Anyway, I'm glad you are having fun on the virtual tour, welcome to the new gals, and do enjoy spring.

Taa taa chickie poos.

Edited by - Thelma on Apr 08 2012 5:30:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  5:37:30 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter Farmgirls!
kathy, We are kindred souls. As far as grandkids go anyway! I have a stepson I raised from age 5 who has two girls. He married a woman who is two years younger than I, who is a very strong personality. We are not necessarily estranged as much as my husband and I have just grown weary of NEVER hearing from them. No thank yous, no happy birthdays when it is our birthday, no merry Christmas. Never had a "grand"mother's day call in my life! It makes me very sad, but after 9 years, you kind of have to distance yourself to spare your heart or every holiday is compromised.

Our daughter has scoliosis, like me, and has been advised not to have children by her orthopedic surgeon. So I really temper my yearning for grands because I would never want her to take achance with her health!

I love dressing our "girls" - two labs and a chihuahua - up for Halloween, too. Thanks for sharing your grand-lust so I could share mine!!

Nancy, I think it is awesome that you and Leon dyed eggs. I seriously considered it. I don't know if Mike would have been game for it. I think the empty nest has to feel a bit emptier to him before he'll decorate eggs with me!

Bunny, You are obviously a wonderful person to raise a child that can accept their parent as the person they are. Laughter has a lot to do with getting through life, at least around here! You are my kind of gal! Good for you getting ahead of the acctng homework. Are you going for your MBA? Don't sweat the material you used on your apron, you know someone will adore it! It sounds pretty.

Holly, I loved hearing about Ross' excitement over all the chocolate that has made its way to your house! I could really get behind a kid who likes to throw sticks in a pond...I loved throwing stones in the river when I went fishing with my dad. Never caught anything, hmmmm. We sure loved sitting on the bank together, though. I haven't heard of your breadmaking adventures lately...you must be baking still. Your stories of people you knew who came out late in life made me so sad that they lived with so much doubt and pain for so long unsure they would be loved for who they are. Times are changing, but at a snail's pace.

Penny, Congratulations on the job! So glad you had such a nice get away before you start. It sounds like it was a great visit.

Ginny, your black accents are lovely. I really like them a lot. And thanks for mentioning the tv show. It sounds like one Mike and I would watch. How exciting to know someone on tv. Even on the right side of the law! Can you imagine ever seeing someone you know on COPS? You must be pretty busy with your dried fruit business come August!

Well, I guess I am about as caught up as I am gonna get. It is nice to see Marylyn and Karen on the site regularly!

My movement for Friday was 4 hours, Saturday 3 hours and today about 5!!

It was just Mike and I for Easter. We spent some time just doing normal stuff, but knocked off a bit earlier than usual to just be together. As an Easter gift, Mike worked with me to clean the flower beds ...there are way too many of them! He does not like to garden, so we call this landscaping. When we came in, Gracie, the chihuahua got a bath. She wasn't too fond of the idea, but she walks into the shower with me when I ask her to. So nice to have a fresh "huahua" That's short for chi-huahua --get your minds out of the gutter gfs!

Missed you gals the last two days! Good to read about your adventures.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  5:58:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I was tired of staying inside this afternoon with all of the noise from the children talking and playing on their electronics so I thought I would go for a walk through the woods to our neighbors house. I have been by the road to their house but not through the woods. It took me an hour to walk there. I went up and down the hills and skirted the swamps. I climbed over the fallen logs and took pictures of the roots that were all twisted. Finally I walked down a steep hill to their house. They were not home. So, I turned around and walked back up the steep hill. I looked towards the ground to trick myself into thinking I was not really going up such a steep hill. I headed south or I thought I did. After a while the terrain was not looking familiar. You know if you are ever lost in the woods you should head down hill. I found a beautiful stream and followed it. I thought it must be a neighbor that is just below one of our fields and followed it. I found some logging roads and followed them. They were my mistake. I found beside the beautiful stream a two inch black plastic pipe that I thought must be someone's water line. I followed it. Then I see my friend's house again. I had walked in a big circle for an hour and a half. I was not worried I still had three hours of sunlight left and knew I could not reasonable get hopelessly lost. My friend was home and offered to drive me home. I was very glad for the ride. I did have my dog with me. We saw a moose walk over the ridge in front of us on the way there. Next time I will take a compass with me.

So, I have 2 and a half hours of real walking to my credit today.

Ginny, if you read this could you tell me the nearest airport to your house and what size planes it will land?

Virtual Tour

I had a horoscope once that said I would maintain my youthful looks long after my peers passed me by but boy was I surprised when the judges of the egg game let Nancy and I in for under 12. Do you think we could get children's tickets on an airplane as well?

I think the people were just surprised by our outfits when we waltzed into their festivities. I bet no one who lives there will ever forget the day the farmgirls crashed Easter.

I was very glad to get to Kathy's house and put up my feet. I am glad that the air mattresses are xtra long. I am going to see if I can get up early to be first in the shower. Kathy how far are you from DC and from Baltimore? I really like the museums in DC and they are all free admittance. We could spend a whole week here going through the museums. I wonder if we could have lunch at the White House? I wonder if we could go to the Senate and have our Senators announce us to the Senate. We could create quite the stir there I am sure. I know we would not be allowed to carry our pocketknives in the buildings. I think the bull whip that Penny carries surreptitiously in her backpack to ward off wild critters would be a no no as well. Maybe Glenda and Penny could give demonstrations of their expertise with the bull whip on the heads of rattle snakes.

Sweet Dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  07:03:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, dear Sisters...Well, the sun rose beautifully on my little valley farm. The birds are singing, the geese are honking, and all seems right with the world. It is 38 degrees and in a couple of days I will have to cover the garden to protect it from frost. I knew it was too early to plant in my part of the world, but with 80 degree temps for two weeks, what was I supposed to do? I planted and kept my fingers crossed....ahhh, to no avail...here comes the frost! Hehehe...

So on my way to the next biggest town to pick up my high blood pressure meds and shop for more fruit trees!!! I have to replace some...aaarrrggghhh! Then it will be on to the nursing home to visit my aunt....then on to visit my best friend who suffered a stroke a couple of months ago. Hopefully, back home around noon.

So, are we all at Kathy's house yet? I think I am still hanging out at the last scenic overlook on the trail...it is so beautiful I am mesmerized...but back in my '64 and I am on my way...now I make a left where? I'll be there, Kathy...save some fun for me!!!! Oh, this silly boa, it keeps flying in my face....but I do love my convertible!!!!!

See y'all soon!!!!!!!

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  09:15:33 AM  Show Profile
Auntie M: That was you? We saw you going down the road one hand on your beautiful long boa, the other hanging onto your marvelous hat - wait a minute......you were driving...hmmmmmm Anyway, when you get to the bottom of the hill, just turn around. We are all out walking off breakfast. You can't miss us. We're that group of boa-wearing, kite-flying, fancy dressed women, waking toward the 7-11 singing old camp songs. Let's see how many of us can fit in your convertible without falling off!!

In other news - I had to go to my Dr last month because my left hand was out of wack. Fingers sticking, palm snapping, no grip strength at all. Well, after x-rays of both hands and knees (as long as we're there), Dr says I have Osteoarthritis. Wonderful.

Well, just as long as I can still garden I'll be fine. Seems to hurt more when it's cold and since it's getting pretty warm around here, no worries.

Specialist gave me 2 shots in my left hand. He said, "just a little prick here",........well you know what I was thinking!!<I agreed-he was-oops...did I just say that out loud?>

He really lied when he said it wouldn't be too painful!! I know he's never had to have one of these shots - but I'd love to give him one!!

Well, I'm back home now. Sipping on a diet Pepsi & munching on some tiny twisted pretzels - great lunch huh.........guess I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. Maybe if I do some re-potting I'll feel better.

I need to get into the garden now, to 'ground' myself. Back to Nature is back to God.

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  12:26:49 PM  Show Profile
I have to try to be brief today! I was going to tell Holly to put me down for about 65 hours of moving this weekend - sure felt like it .... laundry .... about 15 hours ..... I cleaned off the D/R table .... say 15 hours .... grocery shopping, another 15 hours .... cooking .... another 15 hours .... cleaning the kitchen ..... 15 hours .... setting the table .... 5 hours .... OH OKAY ... I may have fudged a little bit , but I'm claiming a solid 6 - that's right - 6 hours.

And Holly, as easily as you make me laugh, you bring tears to my eyes as you tell of the people who have endured emotional pain because of discrimination. I would pray that the good Lord would bring me up short before I have intolerance toward anyone whose shoes I have not worn. I have enough to criticize regarding my own life and that is for paths I chose - not how I was born. I wish I could fix everything for everyone so we could live in a perfect world. I wish that no one would suffer for the way they are created.

We had SIL and nephew join us for Easter dinner. I tend to make enough food to feed 15 or so people even when there are only a few of us. So, I sent them both home with big leftover bags of ham, pasta primavera, ambrosia, yams, mashed potatoes, green beans (I used Glenda's instructions), etc. My BIL (who had to work) will be having ham sandwiches for a while. And we will still be eating the remaining leftovers for a week. By Thursday we should be having pea soup which should be good as "weather" is coming at us. (I had the one deviled egg that was left for breakfast.)

It's been a productive few days. And the weather has, so far, been pleasant. That is about to change again. Cold rain is headed our way. But I'm going to squash my complaining as (on last night's news) Anchorage, AK has broken all their records for snowfall this year. Today we are supposed to enjoy 70 degrees at some point.

Ginny - you are a marvelous writer! Thank you so much for being our reporter on Easter Sunday. It was a very good day and -- as for the sack race and Glenda and me -- laughter is the best medicine. We were both in stitches! Get it? Stitches?

Just one more thing though. The pastor is still looking for the communion wine bottle. HE was supposed to drink the remainder of the wine but it appears it has disappeared. I am so ashamed. The empty bottle is behind the choir robes and, when he does find it, I'm sure we will be far away.

There are about 2-1/2 pages that suddenly appeared (since the beginning of the weekend) and I will have to re-read everything as I flat out forgot to write as I went. So, as I said, I'll be back later, sassy lassies.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  2:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Well, No sleep again last night; this really stinks, you know?
We had rain off and on all weekend and although the sun has finally made an appearance, we are supposed to get more rain later on to night…maybe. Everything is so green and pretty, though, so I can't begrudge the rain too much. I like the rain, but after a while it does get old. I'd like to have a good stormy day on one day, clouds breaking and maybe some sprinkles the next, then sunny and warmer for three or four days before more rain comes. You know, give it time to dry out some; and give my body a chance to feel better. I just can't do much when the weather is bad, even in the house.
Ok, Ok, enough complaining… lol

VIRTUAL TOUR

I really love being at Kathy's this weekend. It's so beautiful here. I've never been to the Smithsonian and I really enjoyed it, but really, girls! Darlys got the Romans all charge up while Bunny was setting all the animals FREE... Then Penny was "bronco" riding the T-Rex and Both Marianne and Marilyn were teasing that little, mean monkey with marshmallows until, of course, he slapped them both across the face and ran away with the whole bag!
I, of course did absolutely nothing like this, whatsoever…well….okay, so I snuck the Wright brothers out for some lemonade out in the back parking lot, but, I swear…I had nothing to do with Pocahontas hooking up with Orville!
After all the Star Wars dancing we finally settled down for some much needed rest… For several minutes I just could not figure out where that noise was coming from…you know, the boing, boing, boing, POW! Then the air rushing out of something. It kept coming closer and closer, then finally it arrived. Someone or something started jumping up and down on mine and Linda's air mattress. Only, by the time it reached us, it was more than one. So it sounded a bit like boing-b-b-boing. Then the mattress popped, POW! And all the air leaked out. Then somewhere out of the darkness came a scream, "Don't anybody move! My lens just popped out my glasses!" Oh, yeah, that was me. Everyone settled down and the lights went on and the hunt began. All of us with pj'd bottoms up in the air; it was quite the spectacle. Kathy's husband walked in on us and could not stop laughing; he laughed until he cried and was choking for air. What a story that'll make when he's hanging with his guy friends…Kathy, do you really think he'll tell?

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282

Edited by - Cooknnana on Apr 09 2012 2:09:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:31:36 PM  Show Profile
I was so cold yesterday that I finally broke down and turned the furnace back on. Today is cold and windy and the tv reporters say we will have a light freeze tonight 28 to 30 degrees for a low. Then we should start to warm up. In Northern Iowa we never plant anything before May 15th except early potatoes, lettuce, radishes and peas. I sure am glad I didn't get anything planted with the freeze coming on. May 15th seems so very far away!

I have a true 2 part story
Chapter 1 Around 3:30 this afternoon our rural mailman, Ron, called and told me that he forgot to deliver a package. He said that he was bringing it right out. I told him not to worry about it but he said I would really want it. A few minutes later he pulled into the yard and handed me a purple box. He pointed to the wording 'farm chick mail' on the box and told me he didn't know what farm chick mail was but it must be important to me as I send and recieve 'farmchick mail' from time to time from all over the united states. When i saw the package I got a big smile on my face and he said"why are you still standing here - get inside and open it"! [I have the best mailman in the world. After Dar had his stroke and I was still working he would watch for Dar to wave from the window or deck. If he didn't see him he would call me so I could check on him]

Chapter 2
Can you guess who sent the purple box? It came from Holly. She sent me one of her little dolls. It represents Mrs. Claus in Rio. I am wearing a red bathing suit and have Vermont feathers in my gray hair. Quess what I am doing - ZIP LINE

Edited by - Thelma on Apr 09 2012 3:56:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:34:34 PM  Show Profile
By the way & off subject here....but can somebody tell me what is a Dotee Doll?

Thanks.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:52:55 PM  Show Profile
don't know why the first half of my post sumitted itself. I have never had that happen before. hummmmmmmm Anyway my little doll is on a zipline! Darwin came in to see what the mailman was up to. We unwrapped the doll together and spent the next 10 minutes laughing. THANK YOU SO MUCH HOLLY. You made my day and it was wonderful to see my husband laugh. I even forgot I was mad at him for doing a lousy job of mowing the front yard. I will post a picture of Mrs. Claus soon. I am still working on transporting pic from new camera to computer. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU HOLLY. YOUR ARE A VERY SPECIAL FARM CHICK!!!!!!!!!!!

I am joining you gals for our tour of the east coast. I plan to enjoy myself in DC and the surrounding areas. If that's where I can get lemon-aid I'm on my way. put me down for 2 hours today. I went for a short walk {and Holly I didn't get lost}, and then went to the basement and climbed up and down the ladder and did lots of arm stretches as I taped around windows and new ceiling in basement. Tomorrow the pink will turn green. I am going to start painting. I want to do it myself even though it will take me 3 days to do a 6 hour job. All that paintbrush clean up. ICK

Kathryn, why do you think you are not sleeping? I hate it when I can't sleep. I hope this won't become ongoing for you. Are you stressed out? Relaxing to much during the day? Do you think it might be weather related? Try a warm bath with lavender bath products before you crawl between the sheets. Dr. Thel has spoken! giggle

Kathy and Glenda, Thank you for you doggie pictures and stories. We love our little Lily so much. I talked to a friend of mine this morning. Jan is a breeder (not a puppy mill - follows rules and takes very good care of the dogs) who loves every dog she has ever worked with. I get so excited for her as she talks about her furry friends. She lost her hussband several years ago and her middle son just had a liver and kidney transplants. I'm glad God created dogs to help us get through the ups and downs of life. They are so awesome!

I could go on and on but I don't want to bore anyone and my chicken is almost done so better go fix a veggie and set the table. Taa taa

Edited by - Thelma on Apr 09 2012 4:03:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:01:53 PM  Show Profile
OK - sisters.....anybody who wants to get in on the 1(ONE) yard fabric swap, please email me asap!!

How about I close this sign up on the 15th, then we can get our fabric washed, dried, ironed (did I really say ironed?), folded nice and neat and stuffed into a 8X12 envelope to be mailed off by May 1st.

How does that sound sisters?

Anybody who responded via this chat still needs to email me.

I know there's a place for swaps, but I thought I'd keep it small and you know, just between us.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:07:32 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, How many 1 yard pieces do we send? Just one, or one for each person swaping? Any specific brands or colors? Let me know Thanks for doing this. What is your e-mail address? Thelma
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:18:53 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Rural mail carriers are wonderful. Ours makes sure that when our live chicks arrive on the first truck to our town that we are called when they leave the previous town so we will be right there when they arrive. The mail man does appreciate when we get the chicks more than when we received the bees in the mail. Thelma you hit each one of the pieces of the costume on the money. Did you see that her mouth is wide open screaming her lungs out as she crosses the zipline wherever she goes. lol

Now I must find time to make more of the little clay dolls. They are fun to make and fun to figure out what characteristics to give each one.

I think Nancy is the person who has the link to the Dotee doll site. I think I probably looked at the site and did not save it.

today was rainy all day long. I should not complain we can use the moisture in the ground. The pastures sure will green up quickly now that we have had a whole day of rain. I have been told the weather guessers say rain through Wednesday and then sun. Sun will be so nice.

I received a lovely package in the mail today from Janet. It contained a homemade bag with corn seed printed corn bag on the front for a pocket. Inside was a mug with a knit jacket on it. The jacket ties on and off and has a two layered crocheted flower with a button for the center. A hand created cloth heart with hand sewed FGOTM, beads that spell my name and a yoyo flower on it. There also is a butterfly with a woman's head where the body should be and button tail like a kite. It is all very clever. I really appreciate the time that went into creating a set of presents just for me. Thank you so much Janet.

I am going to post pictures as soon as they are loaded onto the computer.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Country Dreamer
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Karen
Lake Villa Illinois
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:47:12 PM  Show Profile
We had a nice Easter here in the midwest and I hope all the farmgirl sisters did too. Marylyn you are right, the weather is beautiful here too. It is cool, in the 50's but the sun is out. We are getting the garden turned over and ready to plant. I know once it does finally warm up summer will be upon us. We have a regular city 1/4 acre lot and garden in raised beds. Up north we have 41 acres and are blessed with bountiful blackberrys. I moved pretty much over the weekend, it is harder during the week. I missed yoga tonight, had a class at work. This is a busy week.

Blessings to you all!

Karen
Farmgirl #3975
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  5:19:17 PM  Show Profile
It has been awhile since I have been with you on your virtual trip. I am still waiting for it to warm up, been 17 at night and does get up to 50, but very windy. Too windy to work outside at all. They are talking snow tonight, not much,but still, that is a bad 4 letter word.
I don't think I did more than 5 hours in the last few days, so put me down for that much.
Made Easter dinner of ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and jello cake, deviled eggs, of course. There were just 3 of us, my son, hubby and self, son took alot home,but we will still have a few meals of leftovers.
I hope to catch up with all of you soon, I know we are at Kathy's playing Star wars. I guess I need some of that lemonade to get me going. More tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  5:28:11 PM  Show Profile
Yes Holly I did figure out the mouth - the yelling and screaming mouth. What a character you made. Darwin Just loves that you went with Mrs. Claus - in a bathing suit no less. We laugh every time we walk past her. THANKS AGAIN.
If you google Dotee Dolls you should find something. See you for breakfast in the morning. Where are we meeting again? Taa Taa chickie poos
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  6:09:06 PM  Show Profile
Niceties from Jan

and

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Apr 09 2012 6:10:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  7:08:27 PM  Show Profile
Holly - I love all the goodies you have been given as FGOTM. We sure do have a lot of talented ladies around here! Regarding an airport, there happens to be a very small one across the road from us. I don't think the planes can be bigger than 2 maybe 4 seaters. Before David has his foot problem we use to walk on the runway for our exercise. There isn't any tower, just your basic, one runway, auto lights, a building with a phone in it. But like I said, it's across the road. It's the Machias Valley Airport.

Virtual Tour

After we have seen the museums I'd love to give anyone who would like it a "Ginny's DC Tour". I lived there for years so it would be fun to show you things no tour guide will probably tell you (well, maybe, depends on who the tour guide is). But for now, I'm getting some rest after all those Easter games.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page