Page: of 92

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  10:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kristina,
Glad you are feeling better. Your Ginger Ale and tea sounds really good. I tried some Ginger tea yesterday and it was really good. Good for your stomach also.
I am going to check out your braided rug.
Hope you are 100% soon.
Bless you,
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  12:20:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm really glad you're feeling better today, too, Kristina! :) LOVE the rug! Absolutely LOVE it!!! Kudos to you! Excellent job! I would love to know how to make homemade Ginger Ale! That's the only pop I really buy anymore - and keep it in storage for "emergencies" when we're sick! I bet homemade is wonderful!!! Also - just wondering - what type of immunity oils do you use? Just wondering because one of my friends just got into that, and I know nothing about it! :)

Darlene - I was so sorry to read about your kitty in your other post/strain. SO sad. I am praying for you, sister!

My brother emailed this morning. He's doing better. Still feels very weak, but that is to be expected. He hasn't had to take pain medicine in two days! SUCH a blessing! He said their main concern is that his pituitary still works properly, and they will be monitoring that over the next few weeks. He sounded pretty chipper in his email. I'm so thankful and relieved! Thank you all so very much for your prayers!!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  1:18:06 PM  Show Profile
Praise God! He works in so many lives and ways.

Thanks Nini.

I saw on television the other day that they just came out with a new flu medication but it only works if you catch it in the first or second day, I don't know the name of it though and of course it has all these warnings with it. hmmm
take care and blessings.
love darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  05:51:10 AM  Show Profile
I have a small update on Hubby's sister's transplant issues. One of her daughters tested to see if she could be a donor. Her testing was finished recently, but she either has a UTI, or signs of early kidney failure herself. I'll update as we find out.

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  1:49:33 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kristina,
I will pray for your SIL and niece.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  9:25:06 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for your Niece and your sister in law. Hope they can take care of it soon.
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  9:32:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, yes - I'll be praying, too!' How old is she, Kristina? Has she had any health issues up until now? Isn't that something! May the Lord heal her and bless her! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  09:22:49 AM  Show Profile
Kristina
I believe
God is going to take care of you all, just give it to him and thank him
My prayers continue for you all.
blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  11:28:05 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Amen to that, Darlene.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  05:23:07 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all. I would have to ask hubby her age, but she is a young Mom. A single Mom. Her name is Linda.

Hubby was to be the donor, but cannot at this time.

I posted some updates on my blogpost today, regarding more car repairs and selling vehicles. We are so sick of car repairs. Then last night my son drove the old Buick to the library, and came home with the grill missing on it. He back tracked and found it thankfully.

After applying for many badges for Farmgirl, and getting more mix ups, I decided to stop applying. Just more frustrations that I can live without (not trying to be disrespectful to those who still participate). You'll just see my projects on my blogs from now on.

Please keep us in your prayers regarding the horse. We are financially struggling to keep her here. DD is not working either. Nor is DS for that matter. We need a vet to come look at her for certain reasons, and that will cost us. We've had callers, but they are not serious. One wanted to lease her for under $100.00/month. That's way too low.

God Bless,
Kristina

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  06:32:41 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I just wanted to say I love Jesus with all my heart. I stopped fighting him with all my might 3 years ago and He is leading me down such a different path but I am excited!!! : )

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  11:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Heather, God Bless You!!!

Kristina, I will pray that all your needs will be provided for.
Love and hugs.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  11:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Same to you Terri!!! : )

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  6:04:23 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful blessings for you Heather.

Kristina maybe it is good to take a break from the badges for now and try again later after your other things work out. I am glad your son found the grill to the car. Prayers for the horse and everything else for you and your family. Take care ok. People try to get things cheaper no matter what it is. Stand strong.
My prayers continue for you all.
blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  10:32:40 AM  Show Profile
We ran out of hay...forced to buy it at $9.00/bale until she sells the horse.

I haven't had time for God's Word all week since we've been home. Being sick is no fun, and you all know what it feels like to not want to do a thing.

I've been feeling a bit out of place in life lately. The recent events didn't help.

You are right Darlene, I need a break from the badges. The costs have bothered hubby. Everything I need to complete will cost money - build an entire room? Start raising bees? They are all far-fetched for me, so there are not many inexpensive "experiences" left to do. One is to buy a camper too. I know....just having a pity party for myself....you can't save money when you have 5 kids in the house, and 2 adults that don't work.

I still have to decide on doing the Farmer's Market too. Making Jam/Jelly is very costly and time consuming, but not the soap.

It would be so different if it were hubby and I, but I have a family of 7 here. It makes a huge difference.

On a different note, the doctor called me in a prescription yesterday. I hope to get over the flu more quickly now. Thank you to all that have been praying.

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Kristina,
Sorry you are feeling down. When you get well, things will look much brighter.
I will pray that God will supply all your needs.
Love and hugs,
Terri
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  9:07:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kristina.
I know you are having a hard time so I am going to help you on your daily prayers so that when you don't feel good you will know God is there with you all the time that will help your days feel better
God bless you Kristina.

Helen Steiner Rice wrote this:
Today try to reflect God's magnificence and brilliance into someone else's life.

Lord give us all the strength to help Kristina and her family through this, by prayer by letters by email, help us to our best.
Amen.

by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Mar 01 2013 2:09:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  9:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Yes, Darlene, we can at least pray and send messages of hope and encouragement.
Kristina, if you need anything, please let us know.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  9:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Great Strength in numbers.

by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  4:13:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!
Trying to go back and read some posts. I'm just not in the forums too much anymore with health issues and family issues.
I just wanted to say hello and let all of you know that Farmgirls are still on my mind and in my heart and prayers!

Farmgirl hugs to everyone!
Linda
http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  5:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Linda,
Thanks for stopping by and saying hello.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  7:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Linda
You take care too, we will be praying for you as well.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  2:12:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Have any of you been watching the new mini series, "The Bible?" We watched the first episode, and have the second waiting on DVR. What do you think? After the first episode, I thought, "Eh..." - not so impressed. To be honest, we were a bit disappointed after all the hype (the hype should probably have been the clue, though, right?). It's a nice story, though. I guess I just like the old movies better. I will say, though, I really enjoy the movie, "Jesus" with Jeremy Sisto. Again, a nice story, but I like how Jesus is portrayed in that one. Do you have any favorites you'd like to share? Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  2:14:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh - I also forgot to ask... About two weeks ago we noticed TBN is no longer on our cable service listing... Does anyone know what happened??? Do you all still get it??? Thanks - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  7:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Nini,
I didn't like "The Bible". I thought they compromised to make it appear to be a regular movie to appeal to those who have never read the Bible. Too bad.

You might look for Daystar and ION Christian channels. There is also the Church Channel. Just scroll thru the channels where TBN used to be (I still get it) and there should be other Christian networks in the neighborhood.
Terri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page