prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  03:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
It has been awhile for me. Don't get on the forums too much these days.

Trying to read some posts to catch up a bit. Sorry to hear of losses that have happened. It's especially hard to have a loss this time of year.

I hope and pray that 2013 brings blessings and peace to all!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  7:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sisters,
I am glad we can have this corner to share the Lord. I know they want you to stay away from "religion" but how can we?
Blessings to you.
HemetGardener
Farmgirl # 4720
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  9:23:54 PM  Show Profile
I can't and I don't. There are some that do but they go with the others that stay away from religion., This forum is for anyone who needs to Have prayer or other needs. We love them all.
God bless you and welcome!

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  11:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
What better way than to spend our time watching the miracle of growth, caring for God's creation and creatures and sharing with others.
Terri
Farmgirl # 4720
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  7:40:53 PM  Show Profile
You are so right there Terri
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  6:48:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

Just a quick note to remind you all that my brother's surgery to remove the tumor on his pituitary gland - which is resting on his carotid artery - is in the morning (Friday). This surgery has been postponed quite a few different times for various reasons, but it's finally happening. Please keep him in your prayers, okay? :) Thank you! I'll definitely keep you posted!

Hugs and blessings -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  9:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
I will pray right now.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  10:16:06 AM  Show Profile
Thank you SO much, Terri!

Well, my Mom just called... He's still in surgery. The information up on the board says he is anticipated to be out of surgery at 2:30, so we're hoping it won't be too much longer. I spoke with my sister earlier - who lives out near Denver - and she agrees with me that being so far away is miserable, but we know it's always the waiting that is the hardest. The doctor had told him that if it was an "nice, clean" surgery where the tumor was in a neat little ball, it would be pretty easy to remove and that he'd be out in about four hours, but if it was more complicated, where the doctor would have to "peel" the tumor away in layers like an onion, that it could take as long as up to 6:30 PM tonight. Well, the four hour mark passed at 11:30, so... My sister is really, really upset, but my Mom sounded very good, which was very encouraging to me (My Mom is just really good like that!). My sister-in-law is doing very well, very much at peace with all of this, as her faith is very, very strong like my brother's. Thankfully some of their close friends are able to be there, so there are six of them waiting together and passing the time playing games and easing each other's minds. It's such a hard thing to have to wait, but hopefully we'll know more soon. I'll keep you all posted, I promise. Thank you so much for your prayers.

Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  12:20:02 PM  Show Profile
Thank you SO much, girls!

Good news! He's in recovery - all went beautifully - the doctor got it all - no more treatment - overnight in ICU - tomorrow should be in a regular room - he should be home Sunday in time for the Superbowl, which he's thrilled about (BIG Ravens fan!). :) They can't see him for another hour, but they are looking forward to it. Mom says as soon as she gets home she'll be sleeping for the next 20 hours. LOL! I think I will, too.

So, for now, I guess this means the Acromegaly is "cured." Although all the changes he has undergone cannot be reversed, the removal of the tumor will end any more progress of the disease. Praise God! My baby brother is going to be okay! Thank God for my foster daughter, God bless her, who recognized the symptoms and urged him to go see the doctor last summer. God is good, He is so good, and merciful and really does work behind the scenes on our behalf, working all things together for the good of those who love Him! Praised be His Holy Name forever and ever! AMEN!

Oh, I'm just so relieved. Thanks so much for your prayers. I'll let you know if there's anything else to report. Right now, I'm going to take a nap - I need it! LOL!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  12:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Praise to God the Healer of all diseases.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  1:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini,
Thank you for the update- I am so happy that everything went smoothly. Praise God!
Hugs to you and prayers for a speedy recovery for your dear brother!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Everyday is a beautiful day, and sometimes the weather is even nice!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  05:07:31 AM  Show Profile
Nini, great news about your brother!!!
Netty....prayers coming your way! Please keep us posted!

A big hello to everyone. Hope things are going ok for all of you.
Gods peace and blessings to all!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  10:26:06 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Sorry to hear about your illness. God will either heal you miraculously or he will provide the money. Maybe we can help if you send us your address?
Terri
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  10:45:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nini \I am so glad they got it all and he is going to be well, Praise God for that, I hope you are doing well too!
Netty,I will put you in my prayers that it is not a nodule, and that God finds a way for you to be able to see the doctor.

Terri I myself think that is a good idea, so email us your address Netty and who ever wants to can get back to you or or just send something to help.

Please let me know what is going to be done.
Hugs and Blessings you all.
love darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  10:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Darlene, you are a good Farmgirl Friend.
Netty is the one I wanted to help by getting her address. I guess I could email her separately from her member profile. Sorry I didn't make that clear, I am still a learning newbie. Nini you are still in our prayers.
God bless all of you who are prayer warriors.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  11:37:54 AM  Show Profile
Christian here for sure.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  12:47:38 PM  Show Profile
Nini - so glad everything is going well with your brother
Netty - sending prayers

I too have been sick. It's been snowing all day, so I am actually resting in bed today (other than this peek at the computer right now).

With all the whirlwinds at my house, I have been reluctant to post much.

Hugs

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  7:55:41 PM  Show Profile
Do you have that flu Kristina? I hope not, Eat some good old chicken soup. Peppermint Tea and just relax.
Still Praying for you.
Bless you all and have a good night.
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  5:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Netty,
Great news and thanks for sharing.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  7:08:56 PM  Show Profile
Netty - I'm just reading about this now. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with such a worrisome health situation - especially without health coverage. Years ago, my husband had been hurt at work and we temporarily lost our insurance coverage. I well remember worrying over something as simple as my little boy getting the sniffles - it was hard knowing what to do. I can't imagine what it must be like hearing that you have a nodule, and then having one doctor want to pursue it further and your usual doctor telling you not to worry about it. My goodness - how can you NOT be concerned? Just to be safe and to have more peace of mind, I am wondering if maybe your regular doctor could take a look at the xray that the other doctor had taken and see if there had been any change in the nodule as compared to any prior xrays taken? If they all seem to be the same and there is no change, maybe your doctor is right and there is really no need to pursue it any further right now. And even if he assures you that there has been no change between xrays, maybe he could give you a better idea as to what it might actually be (I.e. Could it be harmless scar tissue or possibly something of more concern? And, would blood work possibly help clarify the situation?). Also, if he feels the situation warrants, perhaps your doctor could plan to monitor the nodule on a regular basis - maybe a new xray and bloodwork every year or so, just to give you peace of mind. I'm very happy that he said he feels it's nothing to worry about, truly! I just think it's always better to be safe than sorry. Please continue to pray about it and ask the Lord to lead you in everything - I will, too, definitely...we ALL will, I'm sure!

Big hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  8:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Yes Netty,
I am glad your doctor talked to you also but I agree with what Nini is saying also. A double check is a good thing to do, that way you can be sure. I am praying for you to find the right answer. Love and blessings to you.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  05:35:22 AM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by darlenelovesart

Do you have that flu Kristina? I hope not, Eat some good old chicken soup. Peppermint Tea and just relax.
Still Praying for you.
Bless you all and have a good night.
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer

Darlene,
I am now concerned that I do have the flu. I have all the symptoms. I now have a fever.

Netty, your update was good news. Yay!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  10:11:49 AM  Show Profile
Uh oh! I hope not but I think it is a short flu but not an easy flu. I will pray for you to for you to be feeling better today.
Blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  10:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
I had the upper respiratory infection type of flu and it lasted 3 weeks. I didn't feel that bad but I had laryngitis and was coughing the whole time, especially at night. All you can do is treat the symptoms.
Chicken soup
cough syrup
allergy medicine
Tylenol, Motrin or ??
Drink lots of fluids and get lots of sleep.
Another thing that really helped me was wearing a knit hat to bed to keep my head warm. You might want to wear it all day.
Sorry for those who aren't feeling well. Get better soon.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  07:25:56 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies.
I am actually out of bed today (don't tell my dd "Nurse Hilda") and washing my pj's and bedding. The sun is out and yesterday I didn't have the energy to do laundry.
I did make a tea from my garden Thyme, and it really helped with relieving and breaking up junk in my lungs and breaking up the mucus. I am a true believer of immunity oils and homemade ginger ale and hot tea.
I finished my braided rag rug too (photo on my blog today).

Thanks for praying.
Hugs!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page