True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  7:11:20 PM  Show Profile
hi Nini.
I guess my favorite because I grew up with it is The Ten Commandments. The Nativity is good too.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch anything because when they changed from analog TV to digital, I lost all TV even with the boxes.
How are you doing dear lady? I hope you are doing well. I think of you alot and praying for you also.
Take care and blessings
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2013 :  8:26:35 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Terri - I completely agree. I hesitated to say it, but we feel that they have taken entirely too much artistic license with this, have skimmed over some of the most important and key truths, and have lost the messages that truly could lead non-believers to true conversion of the heart. Again, I've only seen episode one, but that's what we came away with as a family. I can't tell you how often we stopped the recording to discuss things that just weren't right. There were actually some parts where the messages were changed, and we felt a bit offended at times. Like I said, it was a nice story; hopefully, at the very least, it will spark conversation and cause people to seek the Truth more thoroughly for themselves, you know? I will definitely check for those other channels! Right now, with the Conclave, we've been pretty intensely concentrating on EWTN programming. Most of the Christian programs we watch are on EWTN, but we do really enjoy some of the other programs that were on TBN, too! We were just so shocked when it disappeared from the listings! This time of year and at Christmas, they always run our favorite movies - we're having a tough time finding them!

Hi Darlene! I love "The Ten Commandments," and "The Greatest Story Ever Told!" And "The Nativity" - is that the one about Mary and Joseph, their trek to Bethlehem and the birth of Christ? I love that one! I think we have it on DVD as a matter of fact - I'll have to look in the morning! I'm glad you reminded me! :) I'm okay... My last eye injection was pretty bad. My eye bled for almost two full days! The doctor told me what to watch for with infection, and none of that happened, thankfully. But I sure hate wearing my regular glasses... It was so good to finally be able to put my contacts back in the other day, and pop my readers on my head for emergencies! LOL! Thank you for your prayers - you know you've been in mine, too. I so love those books you sent - the illustrations and pictures are amazing! I will treasure them always! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  3:49:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Did anyone watch the election of the new Pope today?
I couldn't believe, but was so happy, that they let the news broadcasters use the word "Jesus". It was almost like a church service hearing so much about God and religion on the news. A miracle!!
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  11:13:43 AM  Show Profile
That was refreshing and encouraging, indeed! :)

Does anyone know of a really good study on chastity for teens - in particular, boys? I received a call from one of the neighborhood moms today who is looking to start a Bible study for some of the boys in the neighborhood (Halleliujah!), but she would prefer a non-denominational type study.

Thank you!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  1:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
HI Nini,
Here is a great site that probably has just what you need.
Terri
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=1014886+5401+4294966817+4294967157&Ne=200600&Nso=1&Nu=product.endeca_rollup&category=Books&Ns=product.number_sold
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  2:20:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Terri - I love this site! Isn't it awesome?! I get a lot of homeschooling books and personal reading! Great recommendation! She had looked and didn't see anything there she liked, but I'll check again! :) Thank you!!! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  2:28:21 PM  Show Profile
I have only seen what I have on the computer of the Pope. He looks like a very nice person. Gee Nini, I am glad your eyes cleared up, bleeding like that must have been scarey for you.
I am glad you are enjoying those books, when I saw them I thought you would really like them.
Take care everyone
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  12:25:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls –

Please pray for my neighbor Karen. This afternoon we went to “play Easter bunny” and drop off an Easter lily by their back door, when her husband came running out. We could see that he had been crying. Karen has been fighting cancer throughout her body for years, and they just learned that she now has a mass right near her aorta – not on her aorta, but next to it. You may remember that I have asked for prayer for her before. She has had cancer in her bones, in her liver, as well as throughout other parts of her body. Each time, with prayer, medicine and perseverance, she has pulled through. She still has a mass in her bone in her leg, but she has been taking oral chemo for a while. The new mass near her heart is indication that the oral chemo is no longer working. She is very upset about having to start IV chemo again, not just because how sick it makes her, but especially because she will lose her hair again. They had just come back from buying her a new wig in preparation for what is to come, and from past conversations with her, I know how upset she must be. She is SUCH a lovely woman, absolutely loves the Lord and our Blessed Mother, and is just such a delight to spend time with. Her one prayer is that she will live long enough to watch her grandchildren grow up and get married, and I know she worries that if she leaves this world now, they might soon forget all about her. Break my heart. And her husband is just as wonderful, just as faithful, just as delightful. We love them so much. He usually is very strong with all of this, so it was particularly upsetting to see him come out with swollen, red eyes and this incredibly disheartened look over his countenance. Will you please, please keep them in your prayers? She told me back at the beginning of January that she sometimes feels guilty asking God over and over and over for healing because maybe somehow this is all happening for a spiritual benefit that she does not yet understand. I told her that God loves her, and that it’s absolutely okay to ask for healing; but that, yes, I agreed, we should always acknowledge that His will be done. I just got the feeling back then that she is very tired of fighting, and that she was looking for a higher meaning to her suffering so that she could peacefully let go. I cannot even imagine what it’s like for her and her husband – for their whole family. But if we could lift her up in prayer, maybe somehow it will help her, whether it be through healing, through less suffering, through understanding… or maybe, just maybe that she won’t lose her hair this time. She is one of the bravest, most faithful women I know, but even the greatest warriors in history had moments of doubt, exhaustion and weakness… that is when their friends simply lifted them up and took over in their place. Please help me do that for her, okay? I really, really do appreciate all you do, and I know that we are promised in His Word that, “the effectual fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much,” (c.f. John 5:16) so I know our farmgirl prayers will be heard, indeed! Most of all, I think Karen would say to please ask the Lord first and foremost that His will be done. But it would be wonderful if His will would be, especially, for her to see her grandkids grow up, so it can’t hurt to ask, right? ;)

Thanks so much for your prayers, girls. I’m here if you need me, too!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 23 2013 12:30:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  4:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Prayers are coming for Karen.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  9:46:55 PM  Show Profile
Prayers from me to lift you up dear Karen, I wish that we could at this moment just all hold hand together with her and pray.
Dear Lord in heaven, we lift Karen up to you for healing and help her to heal and have her pains go away. Heal each little problem area on her body, give her peace of mind while her body fights this disease, Let her know that you are there with your awesome, wonderful arms around her and give her the comfort she needs.
Lord be with her husband that he can feel you there with them. Take care of them Lord and thank you so much for what you do for them and will do for them.
In Jesus precious name...Amen.
love you all
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

blessedhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tina
West Virginia
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  6:46:26 PM  Show Profile
Praying now for Karen.

~Tina

My main blog~ http://frontierhome.blogspot.com

My food blog~
http://mysimplenorthernkitchen.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  04:48:56 AM  Show Profile
I'll be praying for Karen and her family.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  12:37:13 PM  Show Profile
I will be sure to add Karen to my rosary intentions.

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  12:40:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, girls. Her hubby just called. She started chemo on Thursday and seems to be doing well. Please do keep her in your prayers. :)

Welcome, Cassi! Thank you for including her in your Rosary intentions! I pray my Rosary every day! SUCH a blessing! :)

Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  7:42:18 PM  Show Profile
Continued prayer for Karen and that the chemo works for her without all the problems it can cause, and prayer for her husband to be strong for her and the family.

blessings to you all as well.
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  8:06:41 PM  Show Profile
I'll add Karen to my prayers!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  8:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone. I know its been awhile but I need your prayers. My mother in law is in the final stages of liver cancer. Hospice has been called. I have been nursing her the last 5 days and now I have to go back home to Seattle. My husband is staying in Fort Worth until the end. Please pray for strength for all of us as we go through this tough time. Its hard to leave knowing I may not get to see her again.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  05:55:36 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh... Lesley. You all will be in my prayers. God love and bless you all.

Thank you, Darlene and Wendy!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  04:46:34 AM  Show Profile
Lesley,
You and your family are in my prayers.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  05:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers for Lesley and Karen.

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  3:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Darlene,
Amen to your prayer, that is beautiful.

Prayers for Karen and her husband and also for Lesley.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  04:01:40 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, girls!

Lesley - How are things going? You have been on my mind. Just said a special prayer right now for your mother-in-law and for you and all her loved ones. God bless you.

Girls - My dad went back in the hospital yesterday. Fluid in lungs, severe edema - unable to lift legs, gout in his wrist, feeling very sick to his stomach, feeling very shaky. When my stepmother called, all the tests results weren't back yet. She is personally concerned that he is in the beginning of renal failure, but the doctor hadn't mentioned it. She's worried, and she's angry with him for waiting, not to mention for doing things he shouldn't that contribute to these problems. He lies to the doctors about it, but tests always show differently, then the doctors lecture him and issue their warnings. Accusing my stepmother of "ratting him out," he takes all his anger and frustration out on her. I've heard the way he speaks to her - it makes me absolutely cringe; but anything I say to him falls on deaf ears, and I fear, only makes things worse. She hasn't confided in anyone but me about it, because she knows I know how he is, and because he is much freer about how he behaves in front of me - he is extremely adept at pulling the wool over other family member's eyes. I feel very badly for her. This is a very heavy burden to bear, to say the least. Further, as some of you know, our neighbor's mother suffered with these same health issues for a few years before finally passing last fall, and she suffered a miserable passing. I am fully aware that this could go on for quite a while, and that his suffering will only get worse. I am not sure how things would change if he quit his habits, but I know it sure would be helpful and make his life easier. I really don't want my dad to go through what our neighbor's Mom did; but even more so, I want him to be right with the Lord and to make things right with my stepmother. Her memories of him should be full of love and laughter and give her peace! <sigh> Please just keep him in your prayers. All things are possible with God. :) Please pray for my stepmother, too. This has to be so difficult and painful for her. Thank you.

Like Grandma always said, let us "think happy thoughts!" :) Today, let us rejoice in His Love and thank Him for all the good things He has given us!

Have a blessed day!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  04:45:34 AM  Show Profile
My MIL passed on Saturday. I am now flying back to Dallas for services. My life has gone crazy. Yesterday I had to complete a weeks worth of work in one day. I had to leave my house at 2:30 this morning to get to the airport. Needless to say I have now been awake for 24 hours. Hopefully I can doze on the airplane. God is by my side through all this. I can feel his presence. Services are next 2 days pray for strength.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  05:31:12 AM  Show Profile
Lesley,
So sorry for your loss. May the Lord give you strength, both physical ly and emotionally during this time, that you would be able to minister to and be a blessing to those around you. Praying you will have time to sleep and may whatever sleep you get be enough to refresh and renew you.

Denise

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  07:50:00 AM  Show Profile
Aww... I'm sorry, Lesley! I will be praying for you and your family. Love, Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page