Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  06:26:16 AM  Show Profile
Krista - That turned out SUPER cute!

Sabrina - That square turned out beautiful!!!! I haven't done Granny Squares in a long time! Need to try that again!

I've been working away on little projects for DS's Star Wars themed birthday party this weekend:

And these shadow puppets for the goody bags:

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  12:26:00 PM  Show Profile
Jamie, that is such a cute idea! Those plates are perfect!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  5:52:52 PM  Show Profile
Jaime, those are awesome!! My kids would love it!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  12:34:34 PM  Show Profile
This is just the beginning of my attempts at making these little cuties. I've even made a couple for myself. The rest will be given away as birthday gifts. can't believe I've finally figured out how to post a picture!

Betty in Pasco

Edited by - Betty J. on Feb 01 2018 12:35:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  2:12:25 PM  Show Profile
Betty, those turned out great! I love the yellow and gray flower pattern.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  6:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Krista, it's a cute bee & flower design. Just had a fat quarter and not much left over. Hope to find more.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2018 :  12:25:33 PM  Show Profile
I haven't done very well this week. I haven't touched one single project since Monday. It's just been one of those crazy busy weeks. Hopefully this weekend I can get my grove back and have something to share next week.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2207 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2018 :  3:16:25 PM  Show Profile

Last night I attended a painting class. The project I chose was a cutout of Kentucky, but I changed it from "Home Sweet Home" to "My Old Kentucky Home".

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  08:27:11 AM  Show Profile
Betty, your bowl holders look perfectly made and pretty.

Audra Rose, I can just hear that tune "My Old Kentucky Home". Lol. It's stuck in my head for awile.

Jamie, the kids should love the party theme!

Pretty letter D, Krista!

I'miss starting to work with yarn again too. Trying to make round caps. I do have looms to learn of. But want to do the regular way too. Love that granny square,Sabrina.

I'mean working on more bowl holders and a hand embroidered towel. No wonder I have ufos. I skip back and forth on projects.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  2:47:24 PM  Show Profile
Wow! You girls have really been busy. What great projects. I haven't been around lately, work has been crazy. I did manage to make a couple of hair combs with standing lace patterns. Now I'm working on a hoodie to take North at the end of the month.
Betty, I love the bowls. I've made a couple of them and they are really handy.
Vanessa, such a cute door sigh. Your did a great job!!
Krista, I love Star Wars and those bags and plates are really clever! And that D is really cute.
Here's the pockets for my hoodie:

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  12:24:56 PM  Show Profile
Judy, someday I will brave trying out all the embroidery on my machine. Not yet. Your's is beautiful.

I finished my first preemie cap. Omgosh! It is sooooo tiny.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  4:47:47 PM  Show Profile
Judith, you'll have to take a picture! I have been having so much fun with my machine. Watch some YouTube tutorials and join the Beginner Machine Embroidery. It's a great group and I've learned a lot. Still have a lot of work to do on it, but here's the back of my hoodie:

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  6:48:06 PM  Show Profile
Wow! That fox is beautiful! Thanks for the encouragement, Judy.

I'll try to take a photo of the hat on Wednesday. Spending tomorrow with my daughter. Yay!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2207 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2018 :  1:06:18 PM  Show Profile
Judy, the fox and leaves are so beautiful and shiny that I am almost tempted to buy a machine that embroiders. I have 2: one I got 30 years ago & one from my mother-in-law which is probably older.

I made a birthday card for my brother with watercolor pencils. There is a story behind this picture: my brother was born in a Catholic hospital and at that time children weren't allowed in hospital rooms. Dad left my sister (hi, Churunga!)and me in the waiting room where there was a St. Francis pool with coins in it. Well, we took off our shoes and socks and went wading for coins. The nuns found our dad and he got us out.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2018 :  10:04:22 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa - I love the card and the story behind it! :)

Finished a couple more cards last night. This one is for DH for Father's Day:

And this one I stamped Happy Birthday on the inside for one of my girlfriends:

Went to Michaels on lunch today, specifically to get a particular type of scrapbooking glue that only they carry in stock - I can order online but it's more expensive. Of COURSE they were completely out of it :( UGH!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2018 :  11:51:20 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa, your sign turned out great and so did your card. Funny story behind it!
Judy, your embroidery is beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished hoodie.
Jamie, beautiful cards as always!

I have been working on some crochet Easter things. I am contemplating on doing something for Valentines, but I might be out of time now with it only a week away.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2018 :  5:10:27 PM  Show Profile

It's been a productive day! I made a dozen nursing pads along with a mesh laundry bag for a baby shower this coming weekend.[

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8

Edited by - OneRedZinnia on Feb 07 2018 5:11:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2018 :  05:54:37 AM  Show Profile
Wow everyone is making such amazing crafts!!!

Betty I love those!

Judy- that embroidery is amazing!

Vanessa and Jaime the cards look wonderful!

Deb-that is a great idea for a useful gift!

I made a shilly shally yesterday for the swap. It kicked my rear for a bit but I conquered it in the end. LOL I have a few more pinned up to sew, hopefully today. When my daughters saw me making it they wanted one for themselves and one for their dolls lol.

Hoping to get some time to crochet sometime this week too so we will see. I couldn't find my rotary cutter yesterday so I'm going to have to go get one before I start the quilting challenge I think.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2018 :  11:53:47 AM  Show Profile
That's a great idea Deb! The recipient is going to love those.

Sabrina, it sounds like you are going to have a busy weekend. I hope you can get everything done that you want to.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  09:32:05 AM  Show Profile
Krista, I did get the shilly shallys done on Friday (I'll post pics when my swap partner receives hers and if I can get the girls to bring theirs back down for pics lol). I didn't get any crochet done though. Maybe this evening I will do a bit.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  9:22:00 PM  Show Profile
to keep myself busy while sitting in my mom's hospital room,,, I stitched up this lil piece,,, I bought this well over a dozen years ago,, and last week I finally got it out and stitched it...

I will send it to my childhood best friend in Germany.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2018 :  06:30:15 AM  Show Profile
Grace - Nice work! Isn't it good to FINALLY use something you've been holding onto?

Got quite a bit done over the weekend!

Cut out white felt circles for making wreath to donate to DS's school fundraiser in May. All supplies are assembled just need to start pinning on ruffles.

Squared off, cut and tied fringe and did large letter M in yellow fleece that I fused to center of MI Wolverines blanket that is birthday gift for DH in April. Just need to purchase navy embroidery floss to stitch around the outside edges of the M. Here is a pic of it so far:

I also did a robot themed Valentine's shoebox project for DS to take in to school. We could pick any way of decorating our box and this is what we settled on. I used silver wrapping paper and then used OJ lids I'd washed and saved, wrapped in foil for the ears and eyes. Small cardboard tubes wrapped in foil to go on his head. Paper towel tubes and gift bows for the "arms" Used the Cricut for the rest of the decorations. It's a lot bigger than it looks in the picture, two boxes stacked with holes cut inside for things to drop to bottom. And I made a flap in the back with a red ribbon pull to get all the fun stuff out when it's time. :)

I also made a small start of cutting out scalloped circles from brown paper for the second wreath I'll be donating to school fundraiser. Project called for cutting them out of paper sacks but because of the folds in the bag I think I am going to switch to using a roll of thin brown paper I've had forever instead. You fold each circle and hot glue them all over the wreath form then add some additional paper decorations...here is my inspiration pic:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190769734196785096/

Also cut out pieces for two felt "pop tarts" and one "brownie" that are meant to be part of felt food gift for friend's little girl for her birthday in September. If brownie turns out ok I'll do 3 more. Also have a fancy felt cake planned and some cute little broccoli florets - felt stem and green yarn pom poms for the "heads" :)

Cleaned up my craft area too - always craftermath to tackle!!! Looking forward to working more!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2018 :  9:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Jaime,,, luv the cute robot valentines box..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2018 :  11:50:20 AM  Show Profile
Grace, your stitching project turned out great!

Jamie, the Valentines box is adorable! I loved making Valentines boxes in school. Your son and husband are so lucky to have you. You are always making the cutest and sweetest things every. And you always stay so busy. Way to go!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  06:12:05 AM  Show Profile
Awwww, thank you guys!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page