Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  1:26:11 PM  Show Profile
The baby is napping and I'm out here with my cup of coffee and my feet up.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  1:28:43 PM  Show Profile
Pam...you and I must have come onto the Porch at the same time. I feel much better today!
Oh, goodie goodie on the picture! Can't wait for the mail this weekend!
That was cool that you got into the concert for free. Love those kind of surprises!
Glad to hear the dogs are doing better. Poor babies! And that YOU are feeling better.

Well, my house is screaming at me for some TLC...I better go do something! Anything would
be good!

Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  3:23:34 PM  Show Profile
So my daughter decides she needs to go shopping today in a pink tutu, fairy wings, and a hello kitty tiara that she got while we were getting party favors. Hilarious! The funny part to me is that I am sooo not the girly-girl type and she is all about pink and ruffles and princesses. Even the people where I get my dog food laugh at how girly my daughter is compared to me. At least she doesn't mind getting dirty; I guess I still have that

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Aug 19 2010 3:23:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  3:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Wait, Dana-I'm not suppose to wear those things shopping? Better go in a change. LOL!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  5:42:50 PM  Show Profile
OK Dana...but I am still doing my housework in my Tiara! Pam and I won't embarrass
you out in public but hey around the house I'm all over it!

Love Your Little Girl...She Must Be A Fancy Nancy!!!!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  5:48:43 PM  Show Profile
I'm going over my notes for an interview tomorrow. Not sure if I should go back to work full time or not. I would love to, but part of me isn't sure if it's good for the kids yet. (9 year old twins who both have autism). Us moms never have an easy decision - always seems like we feel guilty for some reason. Anyway, if God wants me to go back to work full time, then I will. Wish me luck!
Have a great evening,
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  6:05:14 PM  Show Profile
NO LUCK...BUT PLENTY OF PRAYERS!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  6:10:36 PM  Show Profile
Well everyone, this is my last post til later Sunday! My prayers are with everyone that you all have fun weekends, and that everyone's families are well!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  6:26:57 PM  Show Profile
Good point, Peggy - thanks :)

~Cindy
Farmgirl #1273
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  6:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Dana, to cute. I have a daughter like that. However, she's 33! Hair down to her waist, long nails always freshly manicured. Never goes out without makeup...yada yada. With 4 kids too! House is always spotless and everything is in it's place. Used to be like that, now the house looks lived in! LOL! You ever see the sign,"The house was clean yesterday...sorry you missed it.'

Good for you that you let her go dressed like that. My daughter is so hoping her only daughter will be like that. At 20 months she is a tomboy with her brothers!

Didn't can today but need to tomorrow.

Cindy...trust God to make the right decision for you and he will. Mother's always feel guilty. I worked nightshift so I could be home with my kids. I was always tired but I didn't have to put them in daycare. If you have a supportive husband it will work out.

Hugs and Blessings,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  7:42:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies,
I am coming to sit with my tea and catch up with yall. My classroom is ready to go so I can take tomorrow off as this is my last summer weekend. Monday will be the first day of school and my twins are 8th graders can't believe that but it is nice teaching in their school so I see them.

I spent this evening weeding my herb garden and repotting a few. Planning my small garden for next summer. I have never been very good at gardening but I can grow herbs which has inspired me to try a small garden next summer.

Hope all you ladies have had a wonderful day. I will miss not getting to check in until the evening next week.

hugs and blessings
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  7:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I'll be praying for you. It's always a hard decision when you're kids are growing up. But some things are only for a season, and maybe this is a season for you to be working outside the house, bringing in some extra cash and getting a little break from the house and maybe there's someone there that needs encouragement on raising their Autistic children, you'll be able to be a great mentor....We never know how God wants to use us....just be willing and able! He'll take care of the rest!
enjoy your day ...
The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands..Psalm 138:8

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  07:22:54 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, I hope you have a very relaxing last weekend before school starts! It's fun to play in the dirt and get your hands dirty, pulling weeds and looking at what little treasures are hidden in the garden...I love to go out there...I've neglected mine most of the summer. I went out there yesterday to soak up some rays, and I was looking around at the mess, but as I looked a little longer, I saw all the plants that have grown even neglected and how beautiful they are even though they were overgrown....and leggy, and creeping out over the patio boundaries...they still had life and beauty! Two even had showy blooms, saying "here I am, I made it"...
I hope you have a weekend of relaxation and anticipation for the new year! Keep that fresh start mentality throughout the year and if you get tired and need refreshed that you still bloom and say" Here I am, I made it!"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  07:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
School starts in less than 3 weeks! However, I am homeschooled so I have already started doing math. lol A subject I am a little behind in because I don't like it but I am catching up. YAY! lol

Peggy, thank you soo much for your beautiful picture!! You are beautiful!
Praying for you all!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:00:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi All! It is so good to "hear" your voices again - I've missed you. It seems I had just found the porch and then life became a whirlwind. I've been reading back a few days and it really is good to see the sharing and caring here. I look forward to sitting on the glider with my iced tea and catching up with you all.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:02:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I would love to swap pictures, too. I have an album started with photos swapped on another thread and would love to add more. Email or snail mail is fine.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
P.s. I would love some more pictures!!! Snail mail or e-mail is fine. Just e-mail me!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:48:15 AM  Show Profile
ok, well, I want more photos also....I only have two...Peggy and Darlene...which I might add are lovely and I want to give you both hugs! so, add me to the list...I'll try to figure out this photo thing so I can get some printed out correctly.
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:49:57 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I love the idea about the crackers...how clever is that?

Edited by - monicarose on Aug 20 2010 08:51:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I want more pictures too. I loved getting Peggy's picture. Either email or snail mail is fine with me too. I'm never picky on getting pictures from friends.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  08:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Girls, I am working on getting an update photo of me. The one that you all see of me is from 2 almost 3 years ago. lol
So if you all don't mind waiting a tiny bit..... I would still love to get photos of you!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  10:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi porchies...I just found this www.tipnut.com. Another sister posted it and I checked it out. Angela it has canning recipes as well as other things like free canning labes. Peggy and Pam there are all sorts of crafts and patterns. Maybe you all know about this site but if you don't check it out. You'll be surprised.

Bringing white pizza with mushrooms, black olives and fresh tomatoes. Also whole wheat pizza with red sauce, mushrooms and black olives. Peach iced tea coming too!

Blessings,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  1:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon porchies,
I just thought I would bring some brownies and a pot of English Breakfast tea. I cleaned my house, have laundry done, plannned out my meals for the next two weeks and made a grocery list. Going back to work fulltime I have to be bit more organized. Can't believe I will be teaching already on Monday. Summer sure did go fast.

I have enjoyed today at home with my sons. We have had an enjoyable day together except for our dog getting sprayed by a skunk. He just had to put his head in the hole by our creek and just had to not let well enough alone. so we had to give him a good scrubbing. Now he smells like Lavendar but hey that is better than skunk lol

have a good afternoon ladies. Be back later.

blessings and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  1:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls!! I started another farmgirl photo swap if you would like to join! It's right under the swap section.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  04:46:33 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I watched this clip this morning on Autism, thought you may get some info out of it..http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=D714A67144FA850F7E74D4F7697075A5
it's two moms that reversed Autism and organizations that help and an upcoming event...

Thanks for the website Darlene for Tipnet....love it!
heading out this morning to have brunch with the ladies from church, it's always a fun morning! Then tonight we're heading to Club Med Resort-Sandpiper...have dinner and show, they're closing this weekend until Dec. 18th...for renovations...they're going to be opening back up as a premier fitness resort...they have a tennis school, golf, sailing, etc. etc...it's alot of fun...my Daughter works there and she'll be getting transferred somewhere else, so this is our last time all together there.....
busy day ahead, will check in later...have a great day all of you!
That coffee sounds good! How about some fresh bagels? I've got a tray here...Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon raisin, Everything Bagels, Asiago Cheese, plain, theres a variety here.....
we have a little bagel place right down the road.....

Edited by - monicarose on Aug 21 2010 05:05:43 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page