Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  2:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy...Thanks foryour kind words. It has been most difficult at times to say the least. Never know when a storms a brewin.

Porchies don't forget me with the picture swap. Email me your address and I will do the same. I have about 20 pics of my MJF sisters. I look at my album often and I am going to make a daily habit to pray for those sisters when I read my Bible and daily verses.

Pam...poor Pete... that is so painful and how do you let him know what's going on? How's your other baby girl doing? Prayers for you all. It just kills me when my dog is sick!

Dana...I know what you mean...It feels weird to be out alone...and now I not only buy for my kids it's the GKs too. I just got home from babysitting the 4 of them and I took each one an outfit. LOL

Welcome new porchies...we're all about lovin ya and fixin the worlds problems.LOL

Blessings and Hugs,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  8:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Rugby was fun! I love it, and the girls are so nice. I'm excited! Tomorrow is my second to last babysitting before school starts :( I have had a good summer. It's sad that's it's almost over. But this means that there will be new beginnings with school and everything! Ahh, how I will miss the dog days of summer... Off to read and get ready for bed!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  8:38:05 PM  Show Profile
I have to agree with Darlene! Especially since a farmgirls world is whatever she's lookin at at that very moment! We all seem to be able to focus on just one heart whenever it needs it. And yet at the same time we are able to see the big picture. We're kinda special that way I guess.

I just got back from the state fair. I tell you Girls, if you want to really enjoy something that has become routine, take a toddler. I actually SAW a cow and a large horse team pulling contest this year. I always walk through the animal barns and sit through the horse pulls, but today I was 2 agian. Touchin a bulls horn was cool and slick and the neck felt hard and the hair was stiff. I never really noticed before. The horses had bells on the reins and the lanterns on the sides of the wagons were turned on. One of the drivers was wearin a hat, but only one of them. He was the baby's favorite! And do you know how good a chocolate chip cookie tastes when it's fresh from the oven? Even better than a deep fried whatever on a stick! And it's even better when it's shared. We never even made it to the giant cheese sculpter, but we didn't miss a thing! We had so much fun playin in the water of the gem pannin demonstration. So much we missed both demos. HA! HA! I love takin little ones to see things. They are so thrilled with the tiniest things it makes you look to see what you've been missin!

I got absolutely nothing done today, unless you count spendin the day with my family, teachin an almost 2 year old that lemon shakeups are amazing, seein 2 sisters who fight daily giggle over an elephant ear, and watchin everyone get along for more than 3 hours without a single person raisin their voice in anger.

I have a huge to do list waitin for me, but I think today was a very full and satisfying day.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  8:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,

It was a long day. Registration at school, visiting with students and parents, coming home and catching up...but I had to stop by the porch before bed. Hope yall had a great day. I will catch on posts tomorrow.

hugs and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  12:15:12 AM  Show Profile
Awe yes, Life through the eyes of a Child! Nothing more Wondrous! And such a good mommy...enjoying
every precious moment with her youngen! Sounds like the whole family had a nice day Angela.

I had a very busy day today. Decided I needed to get going on some swaps that are coming up. If I
don't it will be time to do the Mail-Art before I turn around. I love doing all the various things
we can participate in on MJF.

Pam...I sold my first three Redwork Tea Towels. I just finished the third one and my girlfriend said
that she wanted to buy them to give as gifts. I am good with that and think they turned out good for
just having gotten back into it. Now I am lining up all these cool embroidery projects that I want to
do. I have 3 ready to start now. LOL but I love my knitting too...so, have to work both in. Darlen girl...hope you and the dogs are doing better tonight. You must not be since you weren't on this evening. Hope you all get to sleep through the night tonight.

Tammy...I think the summer must have really flown by for all you Educators! I swear summer gets shorter
for teachers and students every year. I am glad you made it to the Porch before you called it a day.

Megan...is this your first year of Rugby? Do you do other sports or any other after school clubs or
anything like that?

Welcome New Porchies...we Love having you here!!!

I think I am going to follow Megan's lead and go read awhile. Probably won't last too long
as I am draggen my back-side tonight.

Have you all noticed the Color changes on the various Forums? Some one is busy sprucen things
up and making it look more visually pleasing.

Hugs & Pleasant Dreams,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 18 2010 12:19:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  11:58:21 AM  Show Profile
wow 2 days in a row that I have typed out a long post and it won't post it. Hmmm got to find out whats wrong. Lol don't have time to retype the whole thing right now.

Farmgirl sister 1930

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  12:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I'm goin to a u-pick farm for corn tonight. I'm gettin a second freezer this friday, so I'll have plenty of room for all my produce and the extras I'm catchin deals on. My DH got upset when we were offered a very big amount of berries by a friend who's freezer finally died and we couldn't take it. I've also had to feed 3 zucchini to the chickens cause there wasn't room in the freezer for them. He said we're not gonna continue to let our harvest and others to go to waste anymore. We searched the for sale adds and craigslist and found an upright for $75 and a chest freezer that the lady is gonna have her hubby measure for us tonight for $50. One of the 2 will be in my laundry room friday night! I'll have a freezer for the deer meat and the chickens, and one for the veges and fruit! I will then have my freezer on the fridge for breads and the muffins and sweet rolls I make.

My kitchen is really comin together! 2 freezers, 2 pressure canners, 1 waterbath canner, and a dehydrator! I may even have a second dehydrator comin! I have a friend who had one in their garage that was given to them a few years ago and they don't even remember openin the box. I was told if I help clean out the garage this fall I can have it and dibs on anything they pile up for a yard sale! Yea!

Oh yeah! I was given an ice cream maker too! My girls are gonna get it runnin tomorrow. It has a base that you freeze instead of the ice and salt in the outer chamber type thing. It's kinda small, so they are plannin on batches once a week or so with them takin turns on who picks the flavor. They already have a list goin of flavors with dates for makin them written in beside the flavor and who picked it! I thought it was hilarious how business like they have it arranged!

I'm off to get ready for the farm!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  2:32:31 PM  Show Profile
Angela, you are one busy girl...I loved your story of seeing the fair through a 2 year old's eyes...it's nice to stop and see things through different eyes sometimes, isn't it?
I love the new colors Peggy, you bet I noticed! I'm a bright color kinda person, so I was very excited! Tammy, I'm so glad you had time for us here on the porch after such a long day! What a blessing for all those students and parents to have a great teacher as yourself!!!
As for the rest of you.....you're all wonderful to sit here on the porch with, to just kick our heels off and relax for a few minutes....watch the world go by and not have to worry about catching up with it all......love just sitting here with all of you porchies!

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  2:46:34 PM  Show Profile
So I wake up this morning to "mommy...mommy..." look over at my 2yr old and she has a rash all over her face, around her eyes, neck and armpits, and a half-swollen eyelid. We won't get into the diarrhea part of this story. Gave her a large dose of Benadryl and she's ok now. Looks like she got bitten on her back by something overnight. I can't believe with the dose I gave her that she didn't crash for a few hours! I'm so tired from the little one's teething that I was secretly hoping we could all take a nap today. Oh well.
We had to buy a new mattress and it came this morning so hopefully it'll be a good sleep tonight

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Aug 18 2010 2:47:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  2:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy! That is awesome! You are rocking the redwork.

Oh Dana-that is horrible! I hope she is okay. Healing vibes coming her way.

Homemade ice cream! YUM!

Pete is doing a little better today. He is still sedated so he doesn't move and Jujube is much better. Mark and I are going to the zoo concert tonight to see the Quebe Sisters (great old country/cowboy music. It's really neat, you can walk around the zoo for a little bit then get to hear great music. The weather has cooled off tremendously so it should be a good night.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  5:28:23 PM  Show Profile
Dana...you and the girls are just too precious. Thanks for the Pic.
hope the little one is doing better from her hives.
Pam...the Zoo Concert sounds like Fun! You and Mark have a great
time. Hope your picture is on it's way to me!
Angela...you are one "self-sufficient" farmgirl if I ever heard of
one. You run circles around most of us! In fact...you are making
me a little dizzy! LOL
I went back to bed until three because of my Fibro...but feel
much better now. The sun is out and it is cool but pleasant.

Well, keep the pictures coming girls. My book is looking good but I
need a lot more pictures. How about you Angela. I want to see one of you too.

Bless You All,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  5:48:47 PM  Show Profile
Peggy-I got your pic but my computer doesn't want to open it so I'm gonna have to play with it a bit, thanks for sending one...can't wait to put a face to the name!I hope you feel better

Pam-have fun and I'm glad to hear everyone's feeling better
farmgirl #1432

Edited by - Rxgirl on Aug 18 2010 5:50:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  6:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I would love to get some pictures of you beautiful farmgirls! Can I send mine by e-mail?

It has been down right hot here ladies.
This morning my dad was working out in the woods and was going through his truck and out of the bushes pops out this half starving little kitten. We think someone drove all the way out there and dumped it off to try and get rid of it. My dad brought it home very early this morning at our house. Poor thing. It is so young ( maybe 2 weeks old at the most) and was very hungry and thristy ( I'm guessing it was out there a long time. She is very people friendly so I don't think she just wondered off. After we feed her we took her into the animal shelter where I work. Next week she will be up for adoption. I am praying so hard that she will go to a really, really good home. One that will love her and give her all the care that she needs. But the really cool thing is that I am working there so I can see her everyweek and take care of her. Isn't that cool?!?

Anyway, that was the big thing that happened to me today.
Hugs!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  6:22:42 PM  Show Profile
I would love everyone's pics too! Please email!
This is my first year of rugby, and I love it! I also plan on doing basketball during winter. Other things I plan to do: I'm on a leadership council through girl scouts, doing student government, and being on campus ministry. I actually just finished my first reading assignment, The Secret Life of Bees. I highly recommend it! Channah, the kitty will be in my prayers!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  10:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Dana...So scarey with the little ones. At least you know what to do. I tell everyone to keep Benadryl liquid on hand. Send me a picture too please. I'm emailing you my address and I'll send you one back.

Pam...Still praying...Prayed for all my farmgirls while I was still in bed. Did you have a good time at the zoo?

Peggy...Hope you are feeling better...Do you have anything to take that helps? I have an antique quilt done in redwork. If I can figure out how to pst it I'll send a picture. I always say I'm going to do redwork but I never get to it. Good for you selling the goods! By the way Miss Peggy...Do you have Benadryl on hand? The swelling head thingy should qualify for it being in your house and purse. You'll get my bill in the mail! LOL!

Angela...We want your picture too! That is if you can sit still long enough to pose! LOL!

I'm going to ask a new farmgirl to join us. I think she needs us. She is living on a friends land in a 5th wheeler with her 2 children that she homeschools. She's been on my heart and I hope see will come to the porch. I'll let you know. She will be able to relax here. Going to find her now.

Blessings,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  03:06:28 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thursday to All!
We have had 2 of the most lovely summer days lately- no humidity, sunshine and 80 degrees. And I spent both of them in my office
I have vacation in a couple of weeks and I want weather just like this, with one rainy day to force me to stay inside and de-clutter the house.

My 15 y.o. DD has a job doing housecleaning weekly for 2 empty-nester families. She says one home is easy to clean and seems like they don't really need her every week because there is no clutter. The other home is filled with the stuff of life and takes twice as long to clean because of moving and cleaning stuff. My house falls into the filled-with-the-stuff-of-life category. What do I have that I don't need that will be a blessing to someone else?

Angela- Your day at the fair sounded wonderful! Thank you for sharing about the day through the eye of your 2 y.o. One of the things I value about being a grandmother is knowing that I have to make the time to really be with the GKs because it will be gone all too soon. When all my kids were little it seemed as if I barely had time to do the essentials, let alone have the time to just BE with them. That poem I shared with you really helped me.

Dana- SO glad that your little one is doing better after that bite. Every once in a while one of the kids wakes up with a spider bite and it freaks me out a bit. Is the other little one getting his/er first teeth? My 9 month old GS has been chewing and drooling for weeks but no teeth yet.

Peggy- What is redwork? Is it a type of needlework?

Darlene- Yes, invite your friend. We will give her lots of TLC.

Channah- Yeah for your father for noticing the kitty and bringing it home for your special attention. My dad loved cats and we had a minimum of 20 around the barn when I was a kid. I have wonderful memories of dad and cats. Thank you for reminding me about them. Some cold winter morning I will share one of my favorite cat memories with you all.

Regarding pics of me- I need one of my DDs to get addresses and send real mail to you!

Have a blessed day!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  07:33:04 AM  Show Profile
Mornin Porchies!

I just wanted to pop in and say how thankful I am for all my blessings this mornin! I was walkin my DH out for work this mornin and he turned around to look at the front porch and grinned. This time last year we were so upset about the garden only puttin out peppers and cabbage. We were on unemployment and livin on beans and rice basically. This year we have lots of different veges with piles of squash, pumpkins, and 34 dozen ears of corn sittin on the front porch. We can't sit on the porch right now, but it's a beautiful trade off. I was able to get the corn from a guy 1 town over for $37, and this year we have the extra money to spare. Last year we would have had to pass up the offer. In our kitchen is boxes of potatoes and onions curin for the basement, bowls of eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers. In the fridge is stacks of cucmbers and zucchini and bowls of eggs. We are still on a tight budget, but it's based on dollars and a fairly productive garden, not dimes and dirt. I know we don't have a lot, but we have enough and a little extra. I feel so blessed.

My DH has been able to make enough commission sales to buy the freezer we so desperately need. I think that is a huge blessing since he works for a company with only 2 employees, and companies that small don't usually offer any bonuses at all. He has gotten 2 pay raises plus the commission bonuses in the 2 1/2 months he's worked there. God definitely sent us this very special boss to pull us out of the hole we had sunk into.

I look back over the last few months and feel bad about complaining that life had gotten in my way of tryin to force a little more seed into the ground and weedin the rows better. It may be weedy, but it's still puttin out produce and we are pilin up jars of jelly and veges for this winter when work slows down some. We should have a well stocked basement and at least one of our drop pits filled. I am sorry for the complainin and grateful for the supplies that I have had very little to do with. I have graoned about the rain, but it has saved us over $200 this summer on our water bill and kept our garden goin much better than we could've done. We've even had things growin that we didn't plant but that we really needed. We are so blessed!

And the chickens are gonna be layin enough eggs to carry us through the winter just in time for when my aunt will be butcherin hers out. So just when our egg fairy runs out we will be okay on our own. We will also have 12 roosters ready for butcher this winter, so we'll have chicken and deer meat for the freezer this winter. God has made sure we'll be okay this winter even with work slowin down. I am blessed!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Edited by - natesgirl on Aug 19 2010 07:38:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  07:52:41 AM  Show Profile
God is good all the time. The tiny non-profit I work with has been feeding a lot of people out of our little food bank through donations from various churches and private parties. I thank God for the Food Bank in Anchorage which lets us buy food at a reasonable price. We try to get in at least twice a week and try to get good healthy food not junky snacks. There has been a lot of good stuff this summer and it has helped a lot of folk.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  08:03:34 AM  Show Profile
jumping back on the porch. have missed everyone *a lot*! been busy schooling (we home school year round) & trying to not feel down (which has been a battle lately due to my sister's thyroid cancer & impending radiation). don't want to cause anyone to feel down. just know that I've missed coming & chatting & listening to the wonderful stories. knew you'd understand & hope I can find some time to catch up on some of the porch postings. need to maybe come on the porch in the early mornings or late evenings. the garden's looking all scraggly cuz I haven't been finding the time to tend it. on a good note, we'll get to see my folks along the coast this weekend. they live over 800 miles away, so only get to see them 1 or 2x/yr, so it'll be good for my kids to see their grammy & grandpy.

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  08:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
awe, I'm so glad your back Jewel! We missed you too. I am so sorry you are feeling down. I'll be praying for both your sister and you!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  08:39:31 AM  Show Profile
Channah and Megan-you two are the busiest girls! I love hearing about all you two are doing, I only hope my girls will be as industrious as you both are. Your parents must be very proud

Darlene-looking forward to another farmgirl to chat with, the more the merrier!

Lida-your description of "filled with the stuff of life" made me crack up! I just got fed up with my clutter yesterday and decided to slowly start going thru the house and get rid of all the extras. I'm sure there's people out there who will appreciate it more than I do. My little one has been teething terribly bad. One of her uppers just broke thru and that week was miserable for her and us. She has definitely had it worse than our other daughter did.

Angela-I'm beyond happy to hear that your year has turned out so wonderfully! Don't feel bad about a little complainin', we all do it

Cherime-isn't people's generosity amazing, even in the toughest of times

Jewel- so excited for you to see the parents, and enjoy that wonderful ocean air

My day's going to be busy! We are having a birthday party for my daughter on Saturday and I still need to go get some party favors for the kids and try to go to Costco to get some of the food. I'm so excited about it because, thru a friend of a friend, we're going to have pony rides!!! I found some really inexpensive kids cowboy hats in pink and blue and I'm going to put little bandanas in them and a few pieces of candy for the favors. I had horses for years and I've missed them so I'm super excited about the party and getting my fix in for a little bit.
talk to ya'll soon and enjoy your days!

farmgirl #1432

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  10:26:55 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
OH GIRLS...AREN'T WE LUCKY TO HAVE EACH OTHER!

Angela...God is so good and blesses us beyond our understanding. To those who are faithful he promises his blessings and our cups (or veggies) runneth over. LOL! With everyone praying for each other, How Good is That?

Have to go Hubby is calling. Be back in awhile.

Blessings,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  11:26:57 AM  Show Profile
Dana, thank you!
Angela, it seems God knew just what to do for your family!
Jewel, glad to see you back!
Not really much to report today. Rugby again, and then tomorrow is my last day of babysitting:( I had a good summer, though. Then this weekend I will be at Girl Scout camp gearing up for another year of Youth Leadership Council. Then on Sunday I have a party for my rugby team. So today will probably be the last day I'll be posting until later Sunday! :(
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  1:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
So busy since last night! Mark and I had a blast! We got into the concert for free (totally unexpected). The weather was perfect and the music was amazing. We went for a bite after the concert and then I came home and fell fast asleep.

Channah-Pictures please! The poor little kitten. Your dad is so wonderful for the rescue and how wonderful that you get to see her recovery and placed in a healthy happy home.

Megan-Pictures too! Rugby looks like fun. It's so great that you are taken so many different activities.

Darlene-Invite your friend! I sent you a picture today.

Lida-Hopefully the weather will hold out till this weekend and you can enjoy it.

Angela-It's so wonderful to see you so self sufficient. You are an inspiration!

Jewel-I've been thinking of ya. I'm doing some letter writing this weekend, so next week you will have a surprise in your mailbox. I'm sorry you are feeling down-good thoughts coming your way.

Cherime-what a wonderful nonprofit. They are so needed right now.

Dana-Sounds like fun! Ponyrides!

Peggy-I sent your picture out today. You should have it by this weekend. How are you doing today? I hope you are feeling better. Pete is doing better. He was whimpering a little this morning but so much better than before. Jujube is almost completely healed up. I'm feeling a million times better too.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  1:19:23 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon Porchies...I have been busy catching up on MJF Stuff this morning.

Mama Jewel...it is great to have you back. You have been missed!

Angela...dear heart, you do very little complaining and a lot of Praising and giving
God the credit for caring for you and your little Family. We all have those
Desert Experiences (like when the hubby was out of work) but when we look
back we see that God was there all along getting us through and building
our Character. If all we ever had were Mountain Top Experiences or Fabulous
times of Harvest...than we would forget God. We would put Him on the back-
burner. I have found over my life time...that if God seems silent...then he
is working extra hard in the back-ground on my behalf. He just loves to bless his
children. He is the BEST PAPA EVER!

Darlene...Are you still canning up a storm girl?

Cherime...what a pretty name! My Mom volunteers at a Food Bank In Spokane, WA and she is on the
Board of It too. She is so passionate about raising money and donations for it because
she sees the need is so much greater with these hard economical times.
I am the type of person that would have too much pride (I know that is a sin...I'm working
on it) but I know there are others who feel as I would...so, everyday when I go out to pick
in my Garden, I give the first picking to a Neighbor that I know can use a little help. I
try to do the same thing when I buy groceries or eat out. When I order soup out for lunch...
I never eat the crackers...but I don't throw them out or send them back, I put them in my
purse and throw them in a quart size plastic bag at home, and when it is full...I leave it at someone's
door, here in our Senior Estates. I do that with other things too, but that was just an example.
There are all kinds of ways to help others. If something is buy one get one free at the grocery
store...one of them goes to somebody else.

Megan and Channah...I can almost hear the School Bell Ringing!

Dana...the birthday party sounds like a blast! Can I come???? :+) I love horses but never get to ride any more!

Well girls...I'll be back later, I really need to go get something done around here
today. I could sit and chat the day away easily!

hugs & blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 19 2010 1:24:50 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page