Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  09:02:15 AM  Show Profile
Ah families, pain and joy all wrapped up. I have been dealing with someone on the fringes of the family, some one's girl friend. Spending a lot of time talking with God about this one. Needy and still running from the one place where those needs can be filled. But I sure now that route well. So, as a lovely lady I once knew used to say "less said, easiest mended". So bite my tongue and give it all up and know that it will be taken care of is my motto during this time. It is one of the rainest summers on record here in AK and gardens are suffering in my area. Looks like it is going to be the U-Pick farm for freezer and canning stuff this year.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  09:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone. Both Jujube (my pup) and I are moving slowly today. I started getting sick last night so I didn't sleep. I got a little sleep this morning but between allergies, my stomach and a hurt puppy-I'm not doing so good.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  12:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm ready for it!
Channah, so glad that you are having a good summer! School starts for us soon! Ahh!
Pam, I hope you feel better! Sending healing vibes:)
Off to the post office and library today, then I need to catch up on my school reading!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  2:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh and sorry about the photo. that was take 2 years ago. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  2:47:04 PM  Show Profile
Channah, Megan and ALL THE REST of you Porchies...I Want Your Pictures for my album!!! I got one
today from Sharon via email. So see, You don't even have to mail them...You can copy one from your computer photo's and then paste it into an email to me and I can print it off myself! If that is easier for you.
Darlene is right...we do look a lot a like. She's cuter though! So, we are Farm Sisters, Christian Sisters
and look like real sisters. I love it! I think of her as my sister whenever she posts!

I know that one time or another we all deal with "Forgiveness" and sometimes we get the lesson but most times
we have to repeat the Class again!!! LOL As a counselor...I have always shared these wise words with people (and they aren't my wise words) but when you can't or won't or struggle with Forgiving someone one...the only person it hurts is YOU! Half the time they are clueless that there is even a problem. So, lack of forgiveness is like "Drinking poison yourself and waiting for the other person to die." It just doesn't work!

Have a Wonderful Monday Girls...what's left that is!

Hot and Happy in Battle Ground,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  2:55:17 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, there's a photo of me under the fashion thread of me in my graduation dress. It's probably my favorite pic of myself to date!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  3:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I got your picture Peggy! You are one hot mama! So pretty! I just printed out my picture for you. Of course it had to have one of the pups in it. I'm feeling a little better but I have an allergic reaction/allergies in my eyes and nose, an upset stomach and found a spider bite on my finger. Geesh! I need to go back to bed. Mark is in the studio tonight so no one to baby me. I really need to teach the dogs to cook. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  5:04:17 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm sending mine....I have some time tomorrow, so I can sit for a minute and write you a little note!!!
loving the porch, relaxing with all you beautiful women!!!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  7:19:17 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I will send one but it is raining here so my internet is bit shaky. Feet are doing better today. Still tired from the fair. Back to classroom and teacher meetings today. We start in a week. Where did summer go?

angela I was so happy to see you got a dehydrator. I bet you will be busy using it.

Channah, so glad to see you dear one. YOu have been missed.

marla how are you today? Was thinking of you yesterday.

Well ladies I am off here. STorming and don't like to be on computer with lightening.

blessings and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  8:22:23 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I start a week from Wednesday!
Well, tomorrow is my first rugby practice. It's making starting high school so much more real for me. Off to get ready for bed!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  8:34:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm here pretty late tonight. I've been runnin about 3 hours behind all day. My mom had to have a ride to the hospital for some testin today. It was an early mornin thing, no biggie. We sat for 3 hours waitin to get seen! We found out it was due to some guy who came in with a 2 day old bullet wound to his neck! He said it was startin to worry him cause he couldn't quit coughin and felt kinda sick. Ya think?!?! It took 3 teams of surgeons and nurses to clean out all the bleeding and infection, so all nonemergent surgery was on hold. I was goin nuts by the time they got to her since I had no babysitter for the girls and they were at the hospital with me the whole time. It was only supposed to take an hour, so I wasn't worried about them goin. Boy was I wrong!

I had to go rescue my aunt tonight from a suddenly viscious rooster. She called and told me he had attacked her twice and she was afraid of him, so I headed over there. It took her, my cousin, me, 2 metal poles, and a pitchfork to get the crazy bird down so I could grab him. He's a huge black thing and mean as sin all of a sudden! I'm used to my little 4 month old roosters who fuss a bit, but you can hold them without too much squirmin and they calm down. He wieghs close to 15lbs and I can barely get my hands around his wings. He also pecks, kicks, thrashes, and screams. I was terrified, but we caught him after about 15 minutes and stuffed him in my cage. Now the evil thing is sittin on my front porch waitin for a night where DH and I can both be home to butcher him. My aunt made me promise to bring her a leg once he's fried up! LOL! She wants revenge!

I hope evrybody else's day went a lot calmer than mine! I'm off to bed now cause we got the fair in the mornin. Yea!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  8:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Angela! That is just crazy! I hope your mom is okay.

It sounds like your night was just as crazy. When I was trying to decide to eat meat again my doctor told me it was okay to eat chickens/roosters cause they are mean. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  8:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Angela...Those roosters can be vicious. When I was about 8 my GM had free range chickens. We lived next door to her and one day I was walking across the driveway to her house and a rooster got after me and bit me in the butt and wouldn't let go. Hurt like the dickens. I was screaming my lungs out until somebody came and rescued me. Needless to say he too met his demise and was in the pot that very same day. Watch your kids if you get any big ones around. Scarey!

Never a dull moment is there?

Hugs and Blessings,
Darlene,
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  11:02:09 PM  Show Profile
Pam...Hot Mama huh? You are too funny Girlfriend. LOL Hey, dinner tonight was your Mom's recipe for squash patties but with the Feda Cheese and I topped them with my home made pasta sauce. YUMMY! My DH and I loved it! That is a keeper recipe girlfriend! Thanks! If you teach your dog to cook...then I will bring mine over and you can teach her too. :+) Ha Ha

Megan...I printed your picture today. Very cute!~ Love the dress too! You look older than you must be. I would say that you looked more like you are twenty something.

Angela...when I was five I had a mean Rooster who kept flying up at me while I was on my tree swing. He kept trying to peck my legs to death. I screamed and screamed for my mom. I don't remember what she did to chase the Rooster away but I hated that Rooster for the rest of it's life. Which I don't remember if his life was short or long but I'am guessing short.

The story about the man with the bullet wound was fascinating too. I wonder how he got that? How is your mom feeling? Sorry you had to hang around the Hospital so long with the kids. That is hard. I hate hanging around hospitals by myself let alone with kids.

You sure have interesting stories and so much on your plate girl. You have a great attitude for everything you go through. Way to Go Girl!

Well, I am bringing some fresh fruit and mocha dip to the Porch tonight. A bit of refreshment on
a warm evening. My warm weather is going to start going away but I have really been enjoying it.

Blessings and Hugs,
~peggy

Monica and Tammy...can't wait to get your pictures. I love notes with them too. Thanks!

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  07:07:38 AM  Show Profile
I was about 5 when a rooster we had attacked me. My Dad dealt with him in short order.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  07:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Morning everybody. It's only 7:30 here and it's already been a trying day. At about 5am our Min Pin Pete woke up out of a dead sleep crying his head off. It was like he was hit by a truck. We immediately bolted up, checked to see if he had any limbs broken then rushed him to the vet. We thought that he was having abdominal problems because all his limbs were fine. It was his neck again and they think he may have a pinched nerve. The doctor gave us lots of drugs to keep him down as well as some meticam for the inflammation. We have to keep him stabilized with his head at the same level as his body. He is doped up to the gills now and I am exhausted. My poor little man. Everyone in the house is having such a rough time of it right now.

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  08:12:17 AM  Show Profile
oh, poor MIN PIN PETE.....hope he's feeling better soon! HOpe your day gets better Pam and your household settles down to a peaceful bliss!
Angela, you're just too funny....your stories are so great! We used to have ducks, geese, chickens, and whatever else showed up...anyway, the cable guy was always afraid to come to our house because he said the geese chased him every time he came over...I just smiled...gotta love emm....better than any alarm system....
Just scrubbed my pool patio down...rearranged the deck chairs on the titantic...and thought it might be nice for a little porch break!!! I have to go back and finish my christmas ornaments today so I can get the August one in the mail.....trying to get caught up on a few things before my daughter moves home for a month or two...her contract on her job ends in a week...we're just waiting to hear where she goes next....
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  08:55:13 AM  Show Profile
Angela-how exciting to get a dehydrator! I've been wanting one for a while now. The rooster story made me laugh too

Peggy-glad to hear your MIL is doing ok,all things considered

Patti-I agree with you on a/c. It usually gives me a terrible headache but when it's 100 degrees out, I can certainly appreciate it

Pam-Hope you are feeling better. Your poor pup! I feel so bad for the little guys when they're hurt

Megan and Channah- so glad you both are checking in while being so busy getting ready for school, keep us updated when you can!

My shopping trip Saturday was great. It was really nice to get out alone for a bit, but it's funny how much I also missed not having them with me. Of course I bought more stuff for the kids than for me.LOL! But I still have about 20lbs to lose from the last baby so it's not so much fun to shop for myself yet. I'm definitely a lucky girl to have such a great hubby

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Aug 17 2010 08:56:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  09:28:14 AM  Show Profile
Pam...I am so sorry to hear about Pete (hope I remembered his name correctly). That would be terrible
to get woken up that way out of a dead sleep. Our dog Sterling that we had to put down use to have
seizures and I know that your heart just goes out to them...because they are just like your children.

Hopefully you can get some rest today while the dogs are resting. Hope Mark can too. Sorry for all your
home chaos as of late. I will pray "Peace" over your household today. Hugs Girlfriend!

Darlene...it is amazing to me that you stuck it out all these years with a difficult marriage but hey, I
think women who can do that get extra blessings In Heaven. I think of some of the women in the scriptures
who put up with stubborn stiff-necked men and God even made sure that they were blessed on this side of Heaven.
My husband is truly a Sweetheart but even he can do some extremely irritating things at times. But I know I probably drive him nuts at times too. I think a lot of it is the whole Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus thing. BUT there are truly verbally abusive, controlling men in this world (even Christian men) and it is just plain sad. I think that is why God tells men to "live with their wives in understanding." and he also says if they don't "that their prayers will go unanswered." And as you know...if any man did more for the cause of women...it was Jesus! He truly liberated women, respected women, and stood up for them. I love Him even more for that! Amen?

Dana...I am so glad that you got some time alone. You sound like me when my kids were small. I would take a break from them...but I always missed them and always spent any money I had on them. I can remember getting birthday and Christmas money and I always spent it on my children. Not because I had to but like you, because I wanted to. It delighted my heart to give them special gifts or things they wanted or needed. Just like it delights the Heart Of Our Beloved Father to give good gifts to His Children.

Did you ever plant a tree or a flower or something as a Memorial to your Dad? If you haven't...I wish to just encourage you to do so. I think I told you that our youngest son bought his Dad a Beautiful Tropicana Plant
for a Memorial for his dog. I planted it right outside the bedroom window...so he could look at it everyday. When it bloomed...the very first bloom faced the window...which was so odd because most plants would bloom out toward the sun. I thought that was special!

Well, Porchies...I better get something done. I just finished a Novel this morning and I am still sitting around in my P.J's. I did have my coffee and now, I am ready to work on some MJF Projects. A lot of fun stuff
to do. Have a Great Day and I will see you back here tonight. Somebody please bring something yummy to eat!!

Blessings & Hugs Sent Your Way,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  10:23:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy, I'm kinda new here, just lurking off and on as time permits... hopefully my time to visit this group will increase soon, as I am hoping to retire soon! (Woo Hoo) Can't wait to be able to take care of my home and family full time. Anyway, I digress... just wondering what the picture request was all about.

Thanks

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  10:34:42 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Theresa! Feel free to stop by anytime. I do alot of my postin at night after the house is quiet and the chores are done. I'm unsure what exactly the picture swap is or if it's an informal project a few of the girls are workin on. I am makin up a photobook of my own a little at a time by copyin photos of the different areas of the forum. I have acquired quite a few and will work on the rest as time allows.

I am very late headin out to the fair, but life's been crazy the last few weeks and it doesn't seem to be lettin up any. I'm off to get the kids ready and try to get headin out. See ya all later!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  10:46:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the explanation. Have fun at the Fair!!!

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  11:32:11 AM  Show Profile
Angela, sounds like you had a crazy day yesterday! I'm afraid of birds like that; I was almost bit by a goose when I was about 6.
Pam, your doggie is in my prayers!
Peggy, thank you! While visiting family in Michigan once a cashier said to my Mom what a beautiful 16 year old daughter you have! I was only 13, but I was still very flattered!
Today is the first day of rugby, so I'm just chilling. I am heading up to the Farmers' Market though to get some fresh apples! What kinds of foods are around your areas?
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  12:40:18 PM  Show Profile
Theresa...a lot of us Farmgirls want to be able to put faces with names. Especially as on certain forums
like this one "Virtual Porch" we really get to know each other pretty well since many of us communicate on here
several times a day. So, that is why I asked for all the Porchies to participate in a picture swap. I am doing
a Special Photo Journal of every Farmgirl on MJF's that is willing to swap a Photo with me. That way when I think of Pam, Darlene,Tammy, Monica, Lida, Angela, Megan or you; or who ever I am talking to...I can also visualize what they look like. Does that answer your question? And if you would like to swap pictures with me and others...just let me know and I will email you my address and ask you to email me yours.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 17 2010 12:43:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  12:58:05 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, just sent you my email.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page