Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2020 :  2:12:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
It is cold and snowy here home for snow day and so glad it is ugly out. Have to share a butterfly story. I take kindergarten along with my class to lunch. Well yesterday was a whopping 10 degrees.#128552; a little guy says Mrs Schroeder your eyes won't freeze in this cold but they could fall out with it.#128514;#129315; I replied well freezing would be the better option and said then you better stay inside#129315;#128514;

Oh I laughed now I will never think of the cold the same again. So today has been lots of tea good book and a blanket.
Have a blessed day ladies
Love and hugs,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2020 :  06:37:40 AM  Show Profile
We have a coating of ice on everything this morning. It's supposed to hit 45 early this afternoon and rain all day. But, the temps are going to keep on falling right down to 10 tonight with below zero windchills. Hopefully it'll stop raining before it turns to ice again. I sure wouldn't mind some snow though. We haven't had much at all this winter.

Peggy - I still have all my Christmas stuff up with the exception of our live tree. I don't know if it's the weather or what but they haven't lasted very long the last couple years. I love marshmallows in my hot cocoa too - I just don't usually have them in the house. Most of the time I like peppermint oil in it. I love the combination of mint and chocolate!!!

Denise - I hear you about those drafty old houses. We put plastic on the windows and straw bales around the foundation and still have cold rooms depending on which way the wind is blowing. Some days we spend a lot of time in the dining room where the woodstove is.

Tammy - I love your butterfly stories. I guess I better start protecting my eyes when I go out to do chores. I'd really hate for them to fall out one day LOL!!!!

I mentioned before I would post a couple pictures of my nieces at Christmas. I made them both a little Christmas pillow. Janice had to try hers out as soon as she opened it. Only not exactly in the correct way LOL!

My camera was too slow to catch her approval. She looked over her shoulder and smiled at me then was off to open more presents.

Here she is with the little apron I made her.

This is Emily sitting by her pillow. Once she figured out the stack of gifts beside her was all hers, she couldn't get them open fast enough!

She was showing me her bracelet.

Janice couldn't stand all the trash laying around so she started picking it up all on her own.

I told her she can come stay with me and clean any time she wants. She just giggled at me. Neither one of them talk a lot yet.

I better post this before the computer eats it! Stay warm everyone.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2020 :  6:47:29 PM  Show Profile
My computer just ate my post again. I will come back tomorrow.

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2020 :  6:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Fun shares! Looks like your Holidays have been good! Happy New year and keep up the posts!

Farmgirl#7588 Fishgirl Farm Chapter member.
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2020 :  12:27:35 AM  Show Profile
Vicki....Welcome To The Porch...this is a Fun Place to hang-out and share what you are up to. Please come back soon!!

Heather your Nieces are Adorable! I have an extra fondness for the one cleaning up all the Christmas Wrap. She will grow
up to keep a neat and tidy home!! I am still taking down Christmas slowly. The problem is I'm enjoying my new Tree so much
and don't want to put it away. Besides the Christmas Tree bag I ordered to keep the Tree all in one piece hasn't arrived yet.
I took most of the other house decor down but still need to do the Foyer to our Apartment. I always decorated it for every
Season too.

Teacher Tammy...loved your Butterfly Story! See, we miss that kid humor like crazy!! How goes the State trying to buy your property.
I keep thinking about what a bummer that is and yet I know it happens all the time across the Country. I will keep praying!

Patsy and Judy...I am so glad that you Sisters got to be together this Christmas Season. I wish I still had my Sissy to visit with. I miss
her so much. She was indeed my Best Friend!!!

Well, I don't think I will press my luck here tonight. I'm going to caLL this post short and sweet and get off while I can get off
on my terms not my computers. LOL

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2020 :  5:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Heather: You are my kind of gal.. I love to leave my "happy stuff" up to look at daily. Nothing outside worth looking at for sure! Snow in the air but none on

the ground. Thanks for sharing your pics of your nieces! So cute!

I too like peppermint in my cocoa and always use my candy canes from my tree just for that purpose! deeeeelicious!

My house has cold sides also depending on which way the wind is blowing.. anyone getting dumped on that could share some of those pics with us?? I wanna see

s n o w....

Peggy: I'm so glad that I got to spend time with my ever lovin' Sissy too! No matter how long you get to spend together, it's never long enough!

That was a very nice, short n sweet post. I knew you could do it! Stay on good terms with your puter and just post like that all the time..

or.... ELSE... hahaha

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2020 :  08:18:20 AM  Show Profile
Patsy - I wish we had snow. We've had very little here this winter. Except for the last couple days we've been pretty warm too. We had a little dusting yesterday morning - just enough to make it look like someone dumped glitter everywhere. It was really pretty, but it was more like a frost than snow.

Peggy - isn't it so aggravating when the computer eats your posts!!! I hate when it does that!

This morning I happened to have a moment to grab my camera for an amazing almost sunrise LOL :

It looked so pretty against a cloudy grey sky. I thought to myself - I'm going to get to see the moment when the sun pops up above the horizon. So I waited... Took a couple more pictures:

Plus a bunch more I won't post LOL
Then it fizzled out:

and the sun went behind the clouds

Best almost sunrise ever LOL!!!
I don't want to press my luck so I'll post this then do another for a couple cow pics I took this morning.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2020 :  08:20:53 AM  Show Profile
Glad that one worked :)

Here's some girls smiling for the camera:

And we can't forget the kitties:

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2020 :  3:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Can I just say Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... thanks for sharing. Can almost smell that sweet hay.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2020 :  8:52:06 PM  Show Profile
Heather...you got Fabulous Sunrise Pictures!! So, Beautiful!!! It is funny how fast you have to be to
catch them huh??? Same with the sunsets. I'm most up to taking Sunset Pictures because I never
never get up early enough to take sunrise. LOL Maybe if I'm on Vacation somewhere. ~ Your
Cows are always so cute. #159 looks more Block-headed like a Bull. lol Even has a square smile!!

Patsy...you know me...I'm always a motor mouth!!! Rarely have short posts but I am working on it,
I promise you that. Where is your Sissy hiding out at???

Today, I had to go to my Dr.'s Office who retired and moved to TN because I don't see my brand
new Dr until March 26th and I needed a prescription refilled like yesterday!! Thankfully I just had
to go in and ask and they sent it over to my pharmacy. About 3 hours later just had to go pick
it up. I was sweating bullets on whether or not I could get it filled or not. The good Lord provided
and I am so happy.

Larry was napping and so, I stopped over at Marshall's and did a little Valentine's Shopping.
And I even found me a really cute Valentines' Shirt for me. It isn't the usual White/Red or
Wht/Pink it is a Gray longsleeved Knit Shirt with black hearts all over it. I love it just because
it is one of those outside the box kind of finds.

Well, have a good evening girls. Most of you are probably already in your Jammies and curled
up with a good book and a cuppa. And then some of you are probably already in bed!! But here
in the west, it is only 8:45. Since I don't go to bed until 2:30 am...the night is young!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2020 :  10:45:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi farm girls! Just felt the need to come back to visit. Enjoyed seeing your shared pics. I haven't gone back past this page because I would never catch up. I do miss you all!

We had a nice Christmas with our do and all the close by family. Day after. 12/26 we traveled from home to Marine City, MI to visit DGD and Dgreats. Brenna turned 6 on Jan.3. We had a little early b-day party for her. We would leave on Jan 2. On Jan 3 they took the little family to Frankenmuth, MI for an overnight and indoor water slide. Brenna got a small scratch on her calf. By the time they got home she was running a fever and her calf was covered on a rash Onda the sore infected. Dr. Said it was MRSA. She was allergic to 1st antibiotic (sulfer). Took 2 more days to find another med that seemed to work. Dad had to drain it twice a day. By the time it was clearing up sheet was developed allergy to this medicine too. All better now.

We all went out to eat New Year'so Eve. DHL and I got food poisoning. We thought maybe it was flu but no. No one else was sic, thank heavens. DHL and I had the same filling in our Mexican dishes. The others had burgers. We were in bed in the motel for 36 hrs. DH drove home still not feeling well. It took about 1 1/2 weeks for us to even feel like eating. Heck of a way to diet.

As we traveled home through Indiana, we saw 3 large flocks of sand hill cranes in the fields. They were beautiful so close up..and so tall.

I'll stop here. Don't usually go on so. Just missed you.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2020 :  11:37:36 AM  Show Profile
Judith...Welcome, Home Girl...We have missed you on the Porch. And you did have a lot to share...that was really nice! Well,
not nice that everyone was getting sick left and right but nice that you got to go have Holiday Family Time. Family is the
Perfect Christmas Gift, isn't it? Or any other time of the year too. Come back more often, I sense you lurking sometimes but
not hopping on to share. Which is A-Okay but we would love sitting a spell and chatting awhile.

My husband is still sleeping at 11:30 am and he listens to Children's Lullaby Music to sleep by...and it drives the dog and I NUTS.
I know, I know, I Know...for some of us that is less of a journey to go on. LOL I, on the other hand, listen to Ocean Waves to
sleep by. I think they are much more pleasant of a sound but I'm sure there are people out there who don't like them. But
The Beach is My Happy Place!!! I would so love to be there right now!!! *big smile*

The Lawn Maintenance people woke me up this morning...right outside my bedroom window!! *Grrr!!!*. It sounded like I had
one of them standing by my bed with the leaf blower going at maximum speed. Now I have to go outside and clean off my
Porch as they always blow *#@&+_$&" on it!! It isn't bad enough that the people upstairs throw their cig. butts onto my
Porch but now add mud and leaves and pine needles to it. You get the picture!!! LOL

Off to check FB and other MJF Chats...Have a Great Day Girls...and find something to laugh about today. Even if it's your-
self!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2020 :  7:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi my friends, I'm slowly getting back on here. I miss all my porchies!
Heather,the pics are beautiful and cute!
Judith, very scarey that your gd got Mrsa from a scratch. We're not safe anywhere with these germs lurking! Food poisoning is a bummer too! Hope you are better.
Peggy, always good to read your posts.

Ladies, go over and join my tea swap. 4 tea bags to a partner. Easy peasy!

Really warm for this time of year. I don't like this years weather. I need a good snowstorm!LoL!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2020 :  10:22:41 AM  Show Profile
I forgot to share a bit more news: we have 10 great-grands now. The latest was born a couple of weeks ago. We hope to meet him on Saturday. Arthur Wolfgang (his father's middle name is Wolfgang). His brother is Seeley Gerald. I really like these older names..What do you all think of this trend for the older name comeback.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2020 :  1:03:53 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...I have noticed you popping up everywhere on MJF and I'm so thrilled that you are back my dear friend!! Hey, I would join your Tea Swap
except I have found the best tea on the planet and that is all I will drink. Yes, I have officially become a Tea Snob!!! LOL If you would allow me to
swap off 1 Large Bag of Tea (costs me 7.00 a bag) and it makes 6-8 cups depending on how strong or weak you like it...then I would join. But I
would only be sending 1 bag.

Judith...Oh, 10 Great-grands!!! Aren't you blessed darlen girl!! That is Amazing!!! We have 1 but sadly we never get to see him as he and
his mommy, and grandmother live in Ohio. But I do get pictures all the time. He is the sweetest! And he just turned 5.

Well, I canceled Bible Study tonight because we are supposed to get the Monsoons early through late Evening. And then another forcast of
rain for the next 7 days. We have had rain , rain and more rain. We have only had two dry days this month! And my webbed feet need some
sunshine!!! I would say that I hear the Beach calling but it is raining there too. Though I would rather be in a Condo with a roaring fire looking
at the raging Sea Waves than here.

Well, My Lovelies, have a Wonderful Day!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2020 :  1:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Darlene: I'm with you! I need a good snowstorm!

Judith: I think the older names should come back. They have substance!

Peggy: I lol at my self all the time! Need that.. it's a release..

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2020 :  4:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, or should I say, tea snob?, enjoy your tea! LoL! What kind is it? I drink coffee in the morning and tea in the evening. I haven!t become a snob yet! I'm
still fickle! LoL!
Judith, I like the older names. Especially if they have family history.
Patsy, we were supposed to get snow Saturday and now it's the dreaded ice! Yikes!

The Holy Spirit is telling me to pray this now:
Lord I pray a hedge of protection around everyone on this forum, their homes and their families. In Jesus Holy and Mighty name!
Amen

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2020 :  12:06:01 AM  Show Profile
Darlene...it is a Tea Company across the River in Portland, OR. It is called Plum Deluxe Tea...and there Teas are just Amazing.
I can't remember how I ran across them about a year and a half ago. I immediately signed up for their Tea Of The Month Club
and I was hooked from the first Purple Bag I got in the Mail. Go online and check them out!! ~ like you I drink coffee in the morning
and Tea at Night. If you would like the name of a Great Coffee Company (this I found out about from a couple of our Farmgirls,
It is called Bones Coffee Co....and now I am a Coffee Snob too (besides my Starbucks Coffee also). ~ So, there you go! More
info than you ever wanted to know...but I just had to share it.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2020 :  07:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Peggy, I will check them out. Sisters never disappoint, they always come through! LoL!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2020 :  2:34:24 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,
Just thought I would fly in #128514; hope y'all are good. It is chilly Saturday so tired of winter.
Just finished grading papers.#128528; school is busy with us down teachers and havingto take on mlre classes. Here is another butterfly story.#128513; walking to lunch little kindergartener said Mrs. Schroeder where are your snow boots don't you know what snow looks like? You need some fashion help. You need purple boots to stomp in the snow so it will behave. I am telling you they are the funniest part of my day. Glad I don't teach them but they are a kill.#129315;

Peggy I am a tea snob too #128517; and as for house yes we are still in fight now our whole side of highway is fighting due to the offers being terrible although we don't have offer yet as we are fighting not sure what will happen just makes me so mad

Well ladies my dryer is buzzing so I best fly off have a great day
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2020 :  12:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Tammy: I just LOVE your butterfly stories!! What a hoot those kids are. Made my day. Thanks for making me lol.. hahahahha

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9241 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9241 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2020 :  1:22:21 PM  Show Profile
Judith,
I love the old names. We have a Victoria, a Levi, Charles, Annie, Emily, Violet and Peter. They are not all considered old.
I am spending the week with the last 4 to help out their momma.

I love the sunrise pictures Heather!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2020 :  5:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, I'm here. I wrote a post before but it's not here. hmmm...Patsy informed me that Peg was asking about me since I hadn't been on. I scratched my head and said... huh?
Heather, I thought I had the wrong person when I saw the child in your post. So I looked at the name again. Hahaha Gotta say, I was looking for the usual cow picks. Hahaha Keeping us on our toes. Your nieces are cute. Loved the 'almost sunrise' picks. Gorgeous!
OMGosh are those the little kitties from last year? All grown up? Wow!
Patsy, I was thinking the same. I too could smell the hay! We must be related. Hahaha
Judith, so nice to hear from you.... and yet, "EEEEEGADS"....sounds like you had a terrible time with that food poisoning. I sure hope You are both better now... and your grand daughter too!
Darlene, hi, good to see you...er...hear from you* giggle*.
Our weather has been snowy enough to get a couple of inches, then it melts, then another couple of inches, then it melts. I too would like to see a nice heavy snow that lasts awhile. The kind that makes the world all 'hush and wonderful'.
Well Girlies, have a good evening, what's left of it.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2020 :  06:57:00 AM  Show Profile
Heather I am in love with those kitties!!(I an such a cat person} Not to mention the cows! What a nice life you must have. Keep the pics coming I love them!

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  12:51:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Only have a minute but I wanted to share my snickerdoodles with you:

Maybe Peggy will brew us some of the tea that made her become a tea snob to go with them LOL!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page