Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2019 :  4:08:44 PM  Show Profile
I know I haven't been on here for a long time, but I have been lurking! So I feel I just want to wish every one of you the happiest and healthiest New Year and New Decade, that you have so much happiness and and good health and true peace. Let's pray for more kindness and God's help to help to know how to get rid of the awful shootings and so much violence and hatred that seems to be everywhere. You are all wonderful women. I know that all of you try and put some joy out there!I think that is VERY important.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Mary Jane

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2019 :  4:19:00 PM  Show Profile
Mary Jane...I'm glad that you hopped on today...but please come share more often. The thoughts you expressed were
so lovely. It would be so nice if people weren't so unhappy in our world and would spread Love and Peace and Kindness
rather than spewing hatred, ugliness and violent acts. That is one of the reasons that I Love MJF so much is because
here everyone does love to uplift and encourage each other. Facebook and Twitter are not so encouraging even though
on there we try to spread love and kindness too. It seems more people want to debate and
share their opinion in a more boisterous way.

Happiest New Year to YOU too,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 31 2019 4:20:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2020 :  5:03:48 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year ladies,
Hope you had a lovely Christmas I go back to school on Monday so I have been cleaning and reorganizing and decluttering my house. Finally feeling better and really have spent the past two weeks resting and slowing down.

I got a Polaroid camera for Christmas for my classroom love it and of course a few books and gift card to Barnes and Noble love that

Just wanted to pop in and say hello left you some banana cake.
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2020 :  01:11:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Teacher Tammy...

So glad that you are feeling better. Sorry, you have to go back to work already!! I can hardly believe that
it is 2020 already! So, very crazy. Wasn't it yesterday that we were worried about Y2K and what it was
going to do to Computers, as we knew them back then? LOL Everybody had the Freak-Out for nothing.

How are your Butterflies this year??? Since you haven't been on here much...we haven't heard too many cute
Butterfly stories! How does this class compare to last years? ~ Thanks for the Banana Cake! I was hungry
for something sweet so I probably ate more than I should have...but I promise there is enough for everyone
else. lol

Have an enjoyable rest of your vacation time!

I have been reading up a storm since Christmas...and hubby and I have been binge-watching Madame Secretary!
What a great show. We are now on Season 3 and it just keeps getting better and better. I think we have been watching
3-5 episodes a day. That is bad (and hard on the backside sitting that long). I make my husband turn it off after two
episodes so that I can get up and walk around for a while.

Okay, need to go to bed since it is after 1:00 AM

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2020 :  07:25:59 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane,
Happy New year to you! Not to be a downer but I don't think we will ever get rid of the things like that.
There will always be those things but it so important to pray as God changes hearts.

Peggy, I am definitely an introvert. I am not one to initiate gatherings or anything like that.
I prefer to be at home so when we do go I tend to have to make myself do it for the sake of others going.

I have been doing laundry and get caught up on some things since everyone is gone. I haven't really been able to recoup on my sleep loss from staying up late and getting up early to enjoy the little ones.

The tree is still up and I have rooms to clean and get put to rights. Taking my time.
Have a great day everyone!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 03 2020 07:26:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2020 :  08:43:32 AM  Show Profile
Denise, I agree with you we won't ever get rid of those things either. But, is it me or has it seemed to have gotten worse? I pray for people to be kind. I think that saying is so true, be the change you want to see in the world. We are nice on here that is for sure! There is nothing wrong with being a homebody. My Mom was like that too. I like to be home, but I also love to go too! I am an extrovert, love people. My husband, the complete opposite. He would stay home all the time if he could. Opposites do attract!

I love reading too,I have dry eye syndrome and I can't read as long as I used too. I find if I use a magnifying glass my eyes don't get as tired. I must put drops in my eyes 10 times a day. Anybody else have that?

My tree is still up too.. I will take it down this week some time. Maybe tomorrow.

I am glad I came back on after all this time. So many really wonderful ladies on here. Peggy I have a feeling we are more than a bit alike!

I am looking forward to connecting with all the wonderful ladies on here.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2020 :  11:07:13 AM  Show Profile
Denise...I know that you are introverted sweet sister and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
And like Mary Jane...I too married an introvert and he is the Love of My Life now for 35 years. Also,
my dad and my brother were introverts but my mom, sister and I were extraverts. I believe opposites
attract because they bring different qualities to the Marriage or The Relationship. You just have to
work things out every once in a while...and learn how to fight fairly. LOL

Mary Jane...so happy you are back to reconnect with everyone here. It is a Safe Place and all the
Farmgirls on here are Fabulous. Next month I celebrate 10 years in Farmgirls and I have met so many
amazing women that I treasure, respect and hold close to my heart. One of our Sweetest Farmsisters
ever was Ruth Yarbrough and she passed away on January first from Pancreatic Cancer. It was
rather quick (like maybe 6 months) so I am Happy she didn't have to suffer for 2 or 3 years like some
do. I will surely miss her though. She is in a better place but that doesn't make the loss easier.

Please Ladies...Remember her husband and Family in your prayers!!

Find something you enjoy doing today and then do something nice for someone else. I just got a
book ready to send another Farm Sister...and it isn't for a Swap. I just wanted to reach out to her
after suffering her own loss.

Enjoy Your Weekend...

Love, Big Hugs, and JOY,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  10:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy New Year gal pals! 2020 already? Time flew with my family in Ohio. Baked cookies with all my kidders, big n little.. Made good memories. Got their bug.. sigh.. it had to be. Mostly I have

laryngitis and junk in my nose. Never went in to my chest and I thank God for that! I prayed it wouldn't and it didn't! Never had a fever. Really weird stuff..

Not taking my tree down yet, since I only got to enjoy it til the 18th when I went to Ohio. Why rush it? So much color in the decorations inside and I love my

house lights outside n candles in my windows. Just indulging my lil kid inside.

Just got back from Ohio yesterday, so taking it easy today. Still have to take out the trash and check on my chicky gals. Take care of yourselves and stay warm! Time

to make a nest on the couch and get cozy with a warm cuppa.. toodles for now..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  11:43:20 AM  Show Profile
Patsy...Welcome, Home Girlfriend!!! Glad that you had a wonderful time with your kiddos. Nothing beats family
time!! The older I get the more precious they all become. So, happy that I got to me with mine too and that
they are willing to come to me!! ~ Sorry, that you got the bug!! Several kinds going around. I think if I had the
choice I would pick what you had! Rather than the high fever and nausea and vomiting. This whole week here
is going to be a nesting week for me too. I'm taking lots of me time and enjoying some good football games and
quiet time with my hubby. I tend to quickly get bored of that but I'm not one for going out in the cold rain either.
At least on Thursday when I teach Bible Study it isn't supposed to be as wet as the rest of the week.

Have a Great Day Nesting in!! Movies or Books????? with your cuppa?

Love, Hugs, and New Years Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  3:33:42 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
It's funny because when we were younger and first married I was the one who wanted to go and do but it seems like we've changed roles a little. He is the one who likes to stay and chat with people and I'm always ready to go home. I'm better one on one visiting. We do go because I know he likes it. One of the biggest changes is how much I dislike shopping. I used to love it but now it's a job I always put off till absolutely necessary and then most times we will go together. I also have issues with anxiety so that may be part of it too.
I do keep David and Ruth's family in prayer. So important to remember them.

Patsy,
Glad to see your back. I am dealing with icky stuff yesterday and today. I've been resting and watching movies with hot tea and benadryl.

So good to be on the porch with all you gals. I appreciate each one of you.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 06 2020 3:34:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2020 :  3:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I'm digging in with Christmas movies since I didn't get enough of those in Ohio..

Hot chicky broth has been hitting the spot..

Same sentiments Denise! Love each one of ya!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  1:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Well I was hoping to get rid of this whatever it is, but woke with vertigo this morning. Been taking the meds faithfully so hoping to be rid of all this. Hope everyone is staying warm and well.

We woke to a dusting of snow on the ground and then it snowed for about an hour. The first one we've had to speak of this year. Of course once the sun came out it made short work of melting it all. The wind is really blowing and whipping around limbs today.
I've stayed in catching up on my letter writing and odds and ends things needing done around the house.
~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 08 2020 1:22:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4892 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4892 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  7:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Do any of you girls know a Farmgirl name Heather other than Heather Neeper-NN Dairy. our Farm,sis Ruth-Violetrose who just went to be with the Lord, Her granddaughter is trying to find a farmgirl who crocheted these for her baby. Ruth gave them to her. I have emailed Heather Neeper-NNDairy, waiting to hear from her.
Thanks Connie. Big farmgirl hugs!!

Edited by - Killarney on Jan 08 2020 7:20:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  7:33:10 PM  Show Profile
Connie...I do not know another Heather besides our Porchie Heather Neeper. Those are so cute. I hope you find who you are
looking for!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  10:25:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!

Went to the chiropractor this morning. Hoping it helps me get over this sinus stuff. Had vertigo a few days ago and I'm glad it's gone. Now if I could just get rid of the rest.
I have been crocheting, watching movies, drinking hot tea with lemon and honey.

What have you been up to these last couple of days?

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  12:09:46 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Denise...I am so glad that your Vertigo only lasted a couple of days, my poor husband had it one time for 3 months and had to
remain in bed the entire time. He couldn't watch TV or read or anything but crawl to the Bathroom. It was horrible. I ended up
reading him a 6 Book Series that we both fell in love with! So that was good!! I have, like you, had a couple of bouts of it over the
years after I fell several times speed-walking. It is a horrible feeling but mine never lasted more than a couple of days to a week
or two and usually just when I rolled over in bed or got up too quickly from my bed. All that to say that I am so happy yours went
away quickly as it is horrible! I think Larry had to go on anti-nausea medication for all that time too. Did they give you anything for
your sinus infection? ~ So far I have remained healthy this winter (knock on wood).

Connie, I hope you found your Heather that you have been looking for. Did you check the Farmgirl main list?

I had my Bible Study Group back together last night. But after our Holiday Break...we had so much to share
that we didn't even get to our actual Study. Like me, all our Ladies are talkers and we spent 2 hours catching
up, taking prayer requests, and sharing about our Christmas, and Our New Words for 2020.

I think I shared that my husband and I have been binge-watching "Madam Secretary" on Netflix. So, we started
Season 5 last night. I have loved this show and a lot of their stories are events of things that actually happened
in our own Government. So, we have learned a lot besides being highly entertained. lol

Tonight I am going out to dinner with my Best Friend. We try to do that about every other Friday. It gives her
time to vent about home and work and we get a lot of laughing in also. We call it Girls Night Out...even
though it is only the two of us. Then we usually stop at a couple of our Favorite Stores and do a little shopping.

That is all the news from me. We are supposed to get 4 days of snow next week and the high temps only in
the low 30's. Right now, I will take snow over the rain any day. I am so sick of Rain!! Yesterday was supposed
to be our one dry day this week and it rained!! Grrr!

Alright, my Porchies...snuggle in and enjoy your weekend!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  12:31:39 PM  Show Profile

Greetings from my porch in Pelham, Tennessee USA. It's been ages since I have joined you porchies and I just wanted to wish all of you a very happy new year and all the joyfulness you can stand. So much to share with you but will take that one post at a time. Today is a blustery windy day in the low 50's and not very pleasant for sitting on the porch but most days I can take a few minutes each morning to view the world from my porch swing or rocking chair while sipping coffee or tea. I love where I live and I love my life. I have gotten much healthier in the last year having dropped 61 pounds on my way to my best self. Have 38 more pounds to go to get at my goal weight. Am enjoying the journey, learning to cook my favorite foods differently and healthier. Am pouring over seed catalogs and planning a small garden for my veggies and flowers. Take time for yourself in your busy life. Very best regards.

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  12:40:42 PM  Show Profile
Peggy...WELCOME BACK!! I hope you will be on more often!! And CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!! That is Amazing!
How have you done it???? Keep up the Good Work and you will lose that last 38 lbs.

I love your Farm House and Especially the Porch. Can I come visit??? LOL

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Hugs and Smiles Across The Miles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  12:40:42 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
No they don't give anything as it is a viral not bacterial thing. So antibiotics don't do any good.

That is a beautiful porch photo. It isn't warm enough to be out on my porch that's for sure. Though we are supposed to get up to 67 degrees on sunny. Will probably feel balmy compared to what we've had of late.

Working on some crochet and trying to stay warm. Need to get some unfinished projects done.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  2:09:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porch Buds, So nice to see some of you that have been missing from our 'Porch Hen Parties.'
We've missed you.TN Peg, that IS a lovely porch, AND lovelier home. Gorgeous is a better word.
How close is your closest neighbor?
WA Peg, you just reminded me that I need to get back to my Father Tim book series. Haven't been reading much yet this winter, except magazines. (yup... gotta do that)*giggle* Like my Sis, I've been enjoying my YouTube
Holiday movies. Now I'm watching a Winter collection. Pretty good Hallmark movies on there!
We are finally feeling better around here after our whole month of passing this(whatever it is) back n forth. So much 'nasty' going around!! Everywhere you go you hear about somebody else getting it or their families in other states having it. What do we expect? This weather is crazy. We have 51 toady... in January... in Ohio!!! *aaccckkkk* Tomorrow is suppose to be 60-ish! Double*aaccckkkk* LOL
Connie, CA-UUTE stuffies... no wonder you want to find that Heather! Good Luck!
Well, that's all for me Girlies! Make it a Great day!
Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 12 2020 2:17:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  5:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Good evening, my Porchies

I got my voice back! WoohOO! Not quite all well, but mostly I am.. Crazy weather was 70. Went out and picked up sticks n branches while walking all over my acre and a half.. love my

trees. They can shed all they want. lol 15 mph winds made me hurry a bit. I looked like a wild woman with my wind tossed hair trying to get in my eyes. lol Which

isn't to bad since my sissy cut most of it off! Thanks sis, you're the best.

So now I hear rain on the roof. Another sound I love esp. at night. Jason is taking me out to get grub tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to some one on one

time and eating out too.

Time for a movie n hot cuppa Gypsy Cold Care with honey my son gave me from Ohio. Yummo! Night n stay warm n dry. I will be nesting. :)

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  08:40:09 AM  Show Profile
Just hopping on for a minute to let you all know I survived the holidays LOL!! I actually had a great Christmas. I'll try to get on here again soon and post a couple pictures of my adorable nieces that aren't quite 2.

We're drying up cows now so the calves will be here before you know it! The first is due in about 6 weeks.

I don't have time to catch up on everyone's posts but I hope to spend more time on here starting next week. I hope you all have a fantastic 2020!!!
Hugs!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag

Edited by - nndairy on Jan 13 2020 08:41:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2020 :  09:44:52 AM  Show Profile
I must have scared everyone away LOL!!! I got everything caught up for the moment - dishes are washed, washer and dryer are currently doing their thing, a batch of butter is turning in the mixer. I thought I'd sit and visit for a bit. Since everyone is busy I'll go fix a cup of hot cocoa. It's too cold to sit on the porch by myself LOL!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2020 :  12:28:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather...I am here!!! *waving at ya* LOL

I am busy (slowly taking down Christmas) but you should know that we want you on here more...so please keep coming back!!

So, far today all I have done is to take a shower, plant a Paper-White Narcisis Bulb, taken the dog out, and had my protein drink,
took down a few more items of Christmas, and now I am on the computer trying to catch up on my email and FB and MJF.

It is still raining here, tomorrow maybe snow...but so far the snow has been disappointing at best. Just snowflakes mixed with
rain. I have Bible Study tonight and I am looking forward to that.

Well, stay warm and keep on coming back. I'm with you on the Hot Chocolate!! Love mine with marshmallows. How about YOU??

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2020 :  07:10:57 AM  Show Profile
Woke up to cold temps and the wind chill is only supposed let it get up to feeling like 19. I have to go out so I am bundling up good. After an appointment this morning I am meeting a few friends for lunch. It doesn't happen very often so I go whenever we can get together.

It is definitely too cold to be on the porch today so I will cozy up around the fire as much as I can. I'm thinking tomorrow is when we are getting restocked on our wood. Sure go through it fast with this furnace. This is an old house and even though we've done as much as we can to avoid it, it is still quite drafty.

Been working in the office yesterday and later today. Figured new year we should probably get the files cleaned and organized. I don't mind it but it involves a lot of sitting so I have to get up and walk around a lot so I don't get stiff. Keeping my hot tea with me today. The best way to warm the insides!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 17 2020 07:12:15 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page