Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  06:22:59 AM  Show Profile
Ooh, Heather, those look tasty!
Snickerdoodles are so good especially warm from the oven.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  09:59:22 AM  Show Profile
Heather...how about some Vanilla Sugar Cookie Tea to go with those yummy looking snickerdoodles??? I think that would be a perfect pairing!! So, leaving some
on the Porch for everyone. Enjoy!!

Denise...Any cookie or bread fresh out of the oven is simply too divine. What is your favorite cookie???

Mary Jane...good to see you back on The Porch. What have you been doing lately?

Judy...Hi Girlie!! Now, I don't feel so badly about my disappearing posts. We must have a Word-Eater on the Porch! LOL

Patsy...how is your weather? We have had the rainiest January on the records and the warmest. Yesterday it was 62 and
stayed there until the late evening.

Teacher Tammy...I love those Butterflies of yours!! What are you Studying in The Word right now? I am still praying for
the sale of your Farm. If they are going to steal it from you then they ought to have to fork over some big bucks.

Judith...I forgot to tell you that Plum Deluxe Tea Co. sells the cutest "Forget-me-not" Tea Cup. I just bought one and I
love it. Check it out!!

OKay, my Porchies...I have had a Water Leak Problem for 4 days now and it has consumed our days...that is why I have
not been on here sooner. I will share about that later.

Have a good day and enjoy the Tea and Cookies that Heather and The Tea Snob left for you all!! LOL

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  7:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Yum! Tea and cookies! Thanks gals! Smells and tastes good.

Sorry you have troubles Peggy. Hope you get it fixed.

My weather is 60 for next 3 days.. what?? Might rain. Weird for this time of year in my book.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2020 :  5:27:05 PM  Show Profile
Heather and Peg, thanks for the goodies... thank goodness they are calorie/gluten/dairy free! hahahahahaha
Our weather is crazy warm right now too. We had 63 and sun today, warmer tomorrow.
Today is my Groundhog Day Birthday. 65!(me, not the groundhog)The government sent me a nice(medicare)card to mark the occasion.
Wait, wasn't I just 45 last year? Oh well, beats the alternative. I'm still THIS side of the flower bed anyhow! heeheehee Onward to Valentine Day! *gotta go watch Groundhog Day movie* ta-ta

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 02 2020 9:14:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2020 :  8:14:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Judy! Hope Dave spoils you rotten!
It's been snowing since this afternoon. Only a few inches but it's supposed to be in the 40/50s the rest of the week.
The craziest weather this year.
Snicker doodles were gone, Judy ate all of them. Oh well, it's her birthday!
She drank the tea too! Yikes!
I'm tired so bed time for me!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  12:17:25 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Judy!!! Hope Dave was off and you got to have some FUN!!!

More tomorrow girls...I'm pooped!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  10:31:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank You Porch-Buds! Yup, Dave was off and it was a good birthday...
Full of lots of ribbing about the whole(65)thang!!!lol
I got 4 bottle openers. Got 2 at Christmas time too.
Trying to find a helper for these poor weak hands of mine.
He was (old-er) a couple months before me so I can give back as good as I get!!!lolo
We are having another 60plus day with sun.
Gonna go enjoy me some of that.
Make it a Great day girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  4:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Sizzers: Happy Birthday again.. Just had to laugh out loud when you said you were " on this side of the flower bed." Yer a hoot!

Glad you had a good day and nice weather. Wonder what the weather was the day you were born?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  5:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Happy (late) birthday Judy! I had hoped to get on here yesterday, but it just didn't happen! Glad to hear it was a good day!

We got hit with another snowstorm last night and today. Not too much snow, but enough to cause the road to be bad. We will see if we make it into town tomorrow. I hate traveling on the road when they are bad!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2020 :  01:24:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Shannon...Good to see you on The Porch! I hope you and the family are doing well. Come back soon!!

Patsy...I am really beginning to think all This Strange Weather across the World is actually the result of Climate Change. My
husband doesn't really believe in Climate Change but how can we not??? I say, tell that to Australia and see what they say.

Judy...I am so glad you and Dave got to actually do something on your Birthday Girl!!

Okay, I told you all I would tell you what happened to us. The woman above us...didn't discover that Her Hot Waterheater was
leaking until 2 days after it started...which was last Wed. By the time she called Management the water was flowing down our
walls. My Bedroom, Hallway, Bathroom and one wall in the Living room was getting damaged from inside the walls. So, they
came and assessed the damage Wed. Evening and Thursday Morning. By that time water was under our carpet padding
and that had to be replaced. Then they moved my bathroom sink and vanity into my dining room. Took out our hot water heater
etc. All the furniture in my bathroom, bedroom, hallway, and living room had to be moved all around. Then they brought in
3 large industrial fans...that had to run day and night until last night... making my bathroom 98 degrees. then they removed them
last night finally.. But the day before that they came in and started cutting into our walls to push the air in to dry the inside of the walls out.
I can't sleep in my bedroom because it is both hotter than blue blazes in there and dustier than all get out. Dust is my #1 Allergy. So I have
spent 6 nights sleeping in my recliner and that is NOT COMFORTABLE for a Fibro-sufferer. They came today which I thought would be
the last day...but NO...we have at least 2 more days of work to be done. I'm bone-weary of only getting 4 to 5 hrs of sleep each night,
and sitting around while guys work in my Apt all Afternoon. I wish I could rent a big fan to blow all this dust out of here once they are
gone. I will be washing all the bedding, and dusting my fool head off until the cows come home! It has just all been a bit too much!!

BUT THIS TOO SHALL PASS...OR I WILL, ONE OR THE OTHER!! LOL OKAY, THAT IS MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!

Love, Hugs, and ?????,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2020 :  07:18:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy what an ordeal that must be! Please take it easy and not try and do everything at once. Hopefully it didn't get your Fibro acting up. It has been one thing after another here too. Oh how I would like a couple of just peaceful, non eventful months. I hope all of us get that. Fun excitement is great,we all love that. But, "surprises" like you got, no thanks. Hope the clean up and putting everything back goes smoothly. One thing for sure,you will have Spring cleaning all done early!

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2020 :  10:09:42 AM  Show Profile
Mary Jane...thanks for your encouragement and comforting words. I just found out that they won't be done with the Apt. until at least the middle of next week.
Every time I think I see light at the end of the Tunnel...it is a TRAIN!! Like you...I yearn for a month or two of boredom. LOL. I am glad that God is my high tower
and my hiding place. Because that is the only way I find peace in my day. It is day 8 of these repairs and I just want them to be done. I was told that we are
their #1 priority today. I guess that gave me comfort. LOL I still have my Christmas Tree up and I so wanted that down and put away but guess that won't happen.
Maybe Valentine's Day??? I should go buy a couple boxes of Red Hearts and just redecorate it. LOL.

OKay, I guess the rest of the Porchies have more exciting things to do than listen to my woes. Hope you have a lovely day Mary Jane.

This is my 10 Year Anniversary of being a Farmgirl this month. WOW did that time ever Fly By.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2020 :  7:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I could just cry for you! What a nightmare! There are no words! Only screams! Yikes! If I was closer I would help you.
They should have someone clean for you! How are the hubs and pup doing? Oh my! God bless, girlfriend.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2020 :  12:59:15 AM  Show Profile
Darlene...It probably wouldn't have bothered me so much if I wasn't in so much Fibro pain from all our rain. We only had one day in January
that it didn't rain and this month has been as bad so far. I had just cleaned up Christmas except for the tree and have Valentines' Decor up.
It was looking so lovely in here until the leak! Oh, well!! Such is life!!

Bible Study was good tonight! Everyone was there but Sadie and Patti and our lesson was great!! Once I got home Larry and I watch a couple
more episodes of The Practice. I love TV shows were you can binge-watch like 8 Seasons. We have only 2 Seasons left to go. Well, it has
been a long day so I'm heading for bed. Tomorrow will be Laundry Day if they don't come and drain my hot water heater again. They have done
that 3 times all ready. It kind of puts a lot on hold...when they do that!!

Well, My Lovelies...I hope the Weekend is Good at your house!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

`

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2020 :  08:26:46 AM  Show Profile
Happy belated birthday Judy!! No wonder we had such nice weather - for your celebration LOL!! What a difference a few days makes though!

Peggy - WOW!! What an ordeal to go through. I hope you're able to get your laundry done. Thanks for the tea. It was delicious and went great with the cookies LOL!!!

Here's my exciting news for the day....IT SNOWED!!!! Monday I was in a t-shirt and here's the view this morning:

Not quite enough to cover the grass but I think it's the most we've had on the ground all winter.

I was trying to get a picture of the cardinal that was flying around here's the best I got

apparently it doesn't want to show it's face on camera LOL

Meanwhile someone was getting jealous the birds were getting all the attention:

Have a great weekend everyone.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2020 :  09:49:09 AM  Show Profile
Heather...I see the Cardinal!!! So pretty! I wish we had cardinals around here. The closest thing we have to them is the
Stellar Blue Jays. I have Red Cardinals Decor all over my Home though...I just love the Red Ones the most!!!

It does seem your kitty was a wee bit jealous of the birds or just wanted to climb up you to get a closer look at those birds.
If we get any snow it is usually in Feb. They keep saying we will get some but so far only a couple flakes here and there.
But the mountains have good snow!! My Grandkids keep praying for it!!s They love to go out and play in it!!

Well, have a great weekend!! Maybe you will get a bit more snow...soon!

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2020 :  7:33:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, I would like to see a pic of the mountain tops with the snow on them.
Can you take one and share with us? Are you that close to them?
We had snow alllll day today. We thoroughly enjoyed watching it,
From inside and watching birds at the feeders and at the suet.
We enjoy lots of cardinals, titmice, juncos, chickadee, doves, sparrows,
Finches and all kinds of woodpeckers. They are like winter flowers, they bring the color.
...and they make us giggle!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2020 :  11:55:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy...I can see Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Hood and on a Sunny clear day I can see Mt. Adams, The tip of Mt. Raineer and the 3 Sisters.

I haven't taken any Snowy Mt. Pictures for awhile...but if I ever get out of my Apartment for more than for a brief trip to the Grocery Store
I will take some pictures for you!

Please pray for us...Our Rivers in WA and OR are flooding. We have whole areas who have had to evacuate. Roads and Bridges are being
washed away. I live in the County so I am very close to the City....which isn't as bad as the rural areas. We have a few cars, houses and
people washed away in the raging waters. Thanks I know you will pray!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  12:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
Hope this Saturday finds you well. It is afternoon teatime for me. It is a nice day here. So good to see the sun.

Peggy so sorry form your ordeal. Good gracious. My bible study group is getting ready to start a new study by Whitney Caps on Revelation. Should be interesting. Please continue to pray for our house. Still no offers or any more letters. It is going to be a long drawn out deal I am sure.

Judith happy belated birthday hope it was a beautiful day

Road by our house has been closed due to flooding there is an ice jam hopefully it breaks soon so many have not recovered from the floods of this past year.

Well my dears have a great Saturday
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  4:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Just stopping in to say hope you are all having a good weekend.

Got my grocery shopping done thanks to Jason taking me out and we had supper together. Was nice.

Glad to be home and grub is put away. Time for jammies and a movie. Been drinking tea and coffee off

and on all day to stay warm. Nesting time!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2020 :  06:34:03 AM  Show Profile
Just hopping on to say hello everyone.
I have been busy and haven't had a chance to get on here.

Judy Happy belated birthday! I hope your day was fabulous! You share a birth date with my son in law and grandson. JT was hoping that grandson would be born on his birthday, the 3rd, but they all celebrate together anyway!

It seems when the weather gets a smidge warmer there are lots of things to keep us busy. Not extremely warm and it is raining today but I have errands to run and I've started working part time in the office so that keeps me busy too.

Peggy, My favorite cookie? All of them!

Enjoy this wonderful day!!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2020 :  1:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Denise, you're a gal after my own heart...
Favorite cookie? ALL of them!!!
That's why this gluten/dairy free lifestyle change is so hard on me.
Oh well, just as well, too much sugar isn't good either. So now that
I have to 'HUNT' for a good cookie, I eat fewer. Hahaha
Thank you gals for continuing the Birthday greetings.
It makes me feel all 'Warm&Fuzzy'& Loved ALLLLL month!
Stay warm Porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  01:22:23 AM  Show Profile
Denise...I loved your answer too on Favorite Cookie? ROFLOL

I am pretty picky about my Cookies but I love a Good Walkers Shortbread with my cuppa tea.
My son bought me a 4 1/2 lb tin of them for Christmas. I have half of them eaten all ready!!
Right now I am having a cuppa Almond Cherry Black Tea from Plum Deluxe. They recommend
you pair this one with chocolate...but I'm pairing it with nothing. LOL

Judy...I started the South Beach Diet for Diabetics about 3 weeks ago...they deliver their food to your
home. All I can say is I have been way overeating in portion size. So, this is the best part of their
diet...concentrating on smaller portions (much smaller!!). At first everything tasted like card-
board to me...but i'm getting use to it. Just submitted my second order today.

Well, they are still working in our Apartment. Maybe they will finish before I die and I will be
able to put my house back in order. Time will tell.

Okay Ladies, have a Great Tuesday!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  09:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I'm doing WW and that is always my problem, portions. Hoping this helps. I've done it before and have been successful but then I don't stick to it once I lose the weight.

It is so rainy here today and has been all winter. I'm ready for more than a day or two of sunshine here and there. Need to find a drier place to live I think.

So today I'm grabbing a cup of tea and a book or movie to settle in with. Chores aren't appealing to me today.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  10:05:52 AM  Show Profile
Denise...Do you do Meetings?? Or just on the Computer for your WW? I have done both before but never had any
luck with WW except for when they did the point system...are they still doing that? But like you said, when I go off
a program then I revert back to all my bad habits. I thought if I used a program that delivered the meals and all I
had to do was heat them up...I might do better, better because cooking for one person is hard for me. I tend to just
graze all day and never really eat a meal. So, we shall see how it goes. I do like the convenience of food on hand
and already prepared...getting lazy in my old age I guess. LOL ~ Believe it or not, we are having our second day
of sunshine. Man that really lifts my spirits. I have to prepare my Bible Study today for Thurs. Night and it is
hard to be in the house when it is so beautiful out. I wanted to walk yesterday and today but when having work-
men in here I couldn't and that bummed me! And tomorrow the rain returns for 5 more days of Liquid Sunshine.

Well, Ladies...have a great day!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page