Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2019 :  11:54:21 AM  Show Profile
Another Lovely but Freezing Day Outside My Porchies...

Elijah came down with a virus and mom and dad had him in the ER all afternoon yesterday. So, our plans to go to the Craft Fair and Tree Lighting didn't happen. But all was
not lost as I got all my Christmas decor put up except the Tree!! It just might have to wait until we see how much room we will need for hubby's TV and TV Stand. LOL
Who knows...maybe the Tree won't get put up again this year. I just casn't push myself so much anymore. I will be good no matter what!!

Lori...sorry to hear about your vehicle and your older dog having to get put down. That is always a sad time. I am praying for you guys.

Denise...I need to make myself a cup of coffee...and will do so shortly. Maybe it will wake me up. My Energy drink didn't seem to work...so I'm going for the caffeine!! lol

I Hope everyone has a Great Weekend...and who can believe that tomorrow is Dec. 1st????? Just Breathe Ladies...

Love, Hugs and Christmas Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 30 2019 12:17:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2019 :  12:07:02 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Get headphones for your TV's, that's what Dave and I did. He watches war shows that would curl your hair(how can ex-army
People stand to watch all that blood... when they saw it for real in battle!? Never ceases to amaze me. So I bought him his first pair and he's used headphones ever since. Saves on my nerves.I had headphones until they died, now I just use ear buds that have a piece that hang over my ear... nice and light. Usually I only need to wear one because they really are loud. If the show is softer then I wear two.
Are you allowed to hang TV's on the wall? Saves so much room!
OK, I need a hot cuppa now, since y'all keep mentioning it. hahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 30 2019 12:11:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2019 :  12:10:01 PM  Show Profile
Good morning my dear Porchies <3. Hoping all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a quiet day at home, which was lovely, except my dad went the ER and was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. I'm trying to start getting ready for Christmas. I have not even begun sewing yet O.o

Denise - I am so sorry for your loss! Praying for your family!!! The holidays will be hard, for sure!

Lori - praying for you as well. What a trying time you have been experiencing!

Peggy - so sorry to hear about Elijah. Hopefully it is nothing too serious, and he feels better soon!

TL Tammy - thank you for the cake! I certainly do not need any calories right now! And Happiest Birthday <3

Alrighty - I need to get back to cleaning. I have been deep cleaning my kitchen... still need to finish my spice cabinet and my pantry, and then it will be done. Wooohoooooooo

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2019 :  4:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy December all!

The last of my family left yesterday. Man! Was the house quiet! Lots of good food and good memories made.

Denise: It takes 6 hours to drive from here in KY to Ohio.

Got all my Fall stuff down and ready to put up Christmas! I ran out of steam with all the cooking and baking I did with my son. So I took today off and puttered.

So tomorrow I will start doing something … maybe.. lol Need to get some cards out.. is it REALLY that time already??

Wait... it's gonna be 2020 already? Really? Stop shoving me... lol

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2019 :  10:56:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies...

Oh, let me tell you...I have officially decided I am really as old as my Birthday says I am. Last night I tried putting my hubby's TV Stand together. I have always been the one who does
all that sort of stuff. Well, after 10 minutes of working on it...my husband says, "Let me try!" (I never like to hear those words) but then it took me another 10 minutes to get up off
the floor! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...but I finally made it up! So, hubby gets down there and as I knew he couldn't figure it out either...but it took him longer to get up
off the floor than it did me. (Laugh or cry???...Laugh or cry???). I try to help him up, he tries to break the back off the dining room chair and finally decides to crawl into the living room
and get himself into his Lift Chair. By this time, I am holding in the giggles. Finally, he is up and we look at each other and say, "OK, we are going to have to pay someone to put
this together for us!" Again, the Gift that keeps on costing me! 5 years ago, I could have done this easily!! And it makes me mad that now I can't...but I'm still laughing with tears
running down my face...Or maybe I'm crying, I'm not sure which by this point! For you young'uns on here...YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO NOT GROW OLD!! It is a downhill
slide and you just hope you are in one piece when you hit the bottom of the hill. LOL

To top that off...Larry has a Dr. Appt today and last night he is washing clothes, needs a shower, and I need to run the dishwater and a Main Water Pipe broke in the complex across
from ours and now we have NO WATER. BUT Praise The Lord...I am happy to say that when I woke up this morning it was fixed. Of course, when I took the dog out this morning
our parking lot is a sheet of ice from the water gushing everywhere last night. If it wasn't so funny I could cry...but God is keeping my sense of humor intact...which is a very good
thing.

I got my Apartment and Hallway all decorated except for the Tree and at this speed, it may never see the light of day. But hopefully, I will work it into my schedule somehow; if NOT
so be it! I can't let the little things bother me.

Elijah is fine Shannon...he got a virus and then shared it with Savannah. It only lasted a couple of days for both of them! Now lets pray that Shane, Sadie and Grandma Patti don't
come down with it!

I best get finished with my computer stuff...as I need to head to the store in a few minutes.

Keep a smile on your face, a song in your heart, and a good sense of humor if you plan to make it through the Christmas Season unscathed!!!

Blessings and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 03 2019 11:04:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2019 :  10:39:45 AM  Show Profile
Patsy - oh I bet your house is super quiet, which for me is always a blessing and a curse. I am always glad to have my house "back" but miss my loved ones at the same time!

Peggy - (((hugs))). I would have been laughing and crying right with you! Last night must have been the night of plumbing issues... Our sewer backed into our basement again last night. Then this morning it was fine! I am guessing something was frozen! So glad it is just a quick virus! I know the flu is already making its rounds in our area. o.O

This last few days have been super busy here! I've been doing school with the kids, working on their 4H stuff, and regular house stuff. Hubby is trying to get his truck fixed. There are days I hate that thing! It is never reliable and seems to be always breaking down! We have spent more on this truck than it is worth, though God always provides :). Tonight I need too go grocery shopping. I'll do that while the older kiddos are in youth group at church :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2019 :  11:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Well, My Porchies...I got a super wonderful blessing last night! Shane and Sadie and the kids came over last night at about 8:00. And Between the two of them (Shane doing the heavy stuff) They put together
hubbies TV Stand. And I got to play with the kids (I got the hard work!! ROFLOL) Then they got the New TV set up! The Old TV back to my hubbies room and my little tv back into the dining room. All that took
them about 3 hours. Then I watched the kids while they ran to Kohl's to get Shane a new outfit to wear to Court this morning...to testify as a witness. They got back here at Midnight and the little ones and
I were playing a game I invented with Alexa...we would ask her to play songs with food titles (that we were making up) and I would say about 90 percent of the time someone had written a song about it...the 3
of us laughed so hard by the time mommy and daddy got back we could hardly stop laughing. The kids had never stayed up until midnight before and they thought it was pretty cool...but I am sure that
mom and dad had a very hard time getting them up for school this morning. And daddy had to be in Court at 8:30. When the kids left...our place last night they were yelling, "Bye Grandma, we love you and we
had a really fun time!!! Me too!! Then once they left Larry and I stayed up and watched the TV for a while. Even I am impressed with his Christmas Present from me!! I'm not sure what it is with men and
their big TV's but he is Happy and that is all that matters to me. LOL And I can't wait to what a Hallmark Channel Movie on this IMax Screen! ROFLOL Another funny thing is, Snickers barks at animals on
TV...so now they are closer to him because of the new TV stand being lower the dogs, cats, horses etc seem closer to him and he was having a barking fest last night at 12:30 in the morning which I am sure
made the neighbors happy!

Shannon...I am so sorry for your plumbing problems...not fun at all girl!! I bet you are really busy this time of year too. Next week is the killer week for me. Tuesday Night is the Christmas Birthday Party,
Thursday Night is Savannah's 4th Birthday (we do a family dinner on their actual birthday) and then Sat. morning at Sky Zone is her Party with her friends!! Which both Grandma's have to be there too.
Which I wouldn't miss it for the World!!

Patsy are you use to the quiet yet??? If we lived closer I would come sing Christmas Carols at your door for you! On second thought...I'm sure the quiet would be a better choice for you!! LOL

Okay, my pretties...have a Blessed Day,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2019 :  2:58:09 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I just got a great deal on a new tv stand. You would have been laughing watching me put it together. My granddaughter was here and was helping me lift the pieces and when all was done she was sweet enough to help me off the floor. I'm sure she was giggling on the inside.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2019 :  6:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello friends, Peggy, you had me laughing with your story about the t.v. stand. How funny. I wish I had been a fly on the wall so I could have seen it. Thank God you do have a sense of humor with all the other stuff going on.
Shannon, I just hate it when the plumbing acts up. That has happened to me before and it is a headache and a half. Hope all is going ok for you now.
I finally have all of my Christmas decorations up and am enjoying the beauty of them. It has been such a stressful couple of months. Two weeks ago our crew was coming home from a tree job and an elderly man had stopped at the stop sign and then just drove right into the side of our pickup. We had a large trailer load of wood on it and the truck went into the ditch. Thank God no one was hurt. Our truck and trailer are totaled and work had to come to a stand still for a few days. Two days ago we had to have our older dog, Harley, put to sleep. It was so sad to let him go but it was time. We did nothing for Thanksgiving but stay home and rest. No company and we went nowhere. Yesterday the transmission went out on our bucket truck. When it rains, it pours. Still, God has been good to us. Even with all that is going on, I believe that everything is going to be fine.
I have been watching Christmas shows on the Hallmark channel and enjoying the season.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2019 :  6:44:04 PM  Show Profile
Greetings Friends! I've missed you!!! I think the only reason PeggyAnn hasn't been after me with the posse is she's on my FB page LOL

I hope everybody had an awesome Thanksgiving. Lori - sorry yours didn't go well but thankfully everybody is okay. Benny and I took the lil dude (my 4-yo grandson) to Indiana with us for the holiday. He was a great sport and did really well for driving nearly 1000 miles each way plus all the driving we did while there. I got his hair cut after we got there since Jordon didn't listen to me and have it done before I picked him up. Isn't he the cutest LOL Okay, okay, I'm a prejudiced grandma LOL Actually my mom was pretty impressed with him too. She couldn't believe all the stuff he built with his legos. He's into robots right now so everything is a robot or a transformer, which he's also into.

Who would like some snow? I'm done with this stuff already! We got between 3 and 4" yesterday afternoon/evening. We started having problems with the furnace at the house while we were gone so Benny's been over there trying to figure out what's wrong with it. Now he thinks he needs a motherboard for it but the furnace was made in Canada so he may have to drive to Canada to get the part. Thankfully he has all the thermostats in our place, the shop and the house wireless so he can monitor if any problems are starting. Our place is getting way too techie for me LOL

Hopefully, I can start getting back on here again.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
Owner: Virtual Services by Tammy
https://www.facebook.com/VirtualServicesbyTammy
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2019 :  12:11:51 AM  Show Profile
Lori...Oh, my you have had a rough go of it, haven't you? I am sorry that you had to put your dog down and then all that other calamity hit...besides. It was probably just as well you stayed
home and rested. Sometimes, it feels like you'd like to stay in bed for a year with the covers over your head for protection. Like...What you can't see won't hurt you!" But then life just passes
you by even faster, so that's no good either. Let's pray that everyone has a better 2020. This past year had some real bummer rough spots in the road for most everyone I know. At least
no one person should feel picked on by Life!

Praire Tammy...my goodness girl, it is a good thing I see you on FB. Or I would have thought you dropped off the face of the world by now. lol. Look at that Grandson of yours...Oh, my good-
ness he is getting to look like a big boy and that haircut is so adorable! I bet you had a great time with him. That was one long Road Trip even for an adult! My rear-end hurts just thinking
about that long of a drive. I bet your mama was Happy to see you all though!! ~ I'm glad you have the snow and we don't!! We just have 7 days of rain in the forecast...our usual!! LOL

Well, girls I need to keep movin tonight as tomorrow will be another busy day and evening.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2019 :  12:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Would def love some snow! Just have cold here so far.. few spits of snow.

PG Tammy: How far is Minot from you? My youngest son is doing his last 4 years of air force there with his family. That's quite a jolt in temp after moving from

mid CA! They just got there before Thanksgiving. He's been sharing pics of snow and vids too. Love it. They can have the temps though.. lol

Listening to Christmas music daily all day long.. love it! Better than a quiet house. Right?

Well, house is decorated, cards are done and baking begins.

Going to Ohio on the 18th to spend time with my Sis and other family. Taking 1 day to bake cookies. Can't wait!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2019 :  7:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Yaaaa...Patsy is coming....yaaaaa!!! Doing my happy dance, can ya tell?? hahaha
Well, something hit me last week and I was in bed alllll week. Getting old ain't for sissies! Ya don't get over the grudges as fast.
I was hot then cold... the whole time, I had a temp of 101...but with a day off in between(weird),
I was so feverish, I was hallucinating. This I did as a kid too. Every time I'd get a fever, I'd see things that weren't there. Creepy!
I was hacking from way down deep, but couldn't seem to cough deep or hard enough. Still coughing. It was not a fun week!
Oh ya, the part patsy hates...I lost another 5 pounds. Couldn't eat... just slept. So... now I gotta shake all this... did I mention...sissy is coming! Yaaaaa!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2019 :  11:25:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi all!! I have not ‘sat on the porch’ with you all for a long time! Could I please sit on someone’s porch today who has warm weather? It was 52 yesterday, and today we got lots of snow. It is stunning but kind of mushy and cold.

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2019 :  12:05:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nicole...that is very weird weather you are having. Brrrr!! You can set on my Porch and watch the rain if you would like. We have 7 days of it in the forecast.
But that is our Winter here in Vancouver. We may get snow in Feb. but it lasts 3-5 days and it is gone. That is my kind of snow!! lol But rain is no fun either as
it affects my Fibro Adversely. Here is a nice Hot Cuppa for you...wrap your hands around the mug and settle in a comfy Porch Swing or Rocker.

Judy...A very small bird mentioned that Patsy was coming (one that lost another 5 lbs). I am so happy that you girls will get to spend time with each other for
the Holidays! I just wish one time that I could be a fly on the wall when you two were together. I'm sure that I would give myself away, as I would be laughing
my wings off listening to you two together! You are both so FUN!

Well, our Bible Study Christmas Party was Great and went for 3 hours with lots of laughter and good food. My Grandkids came and they were soooooo good. I
was very proud of them. Daddy got home late and so I told mommy just to bring them. The kids had just gotten out of gymnastics...and Savannah just got
moved up to the next level!! So I gave her a big high five. She turns 4 tomorrow! Some of the ladies asked her how old she was and she said 3! I said well you
can say 4 honey as it is just a couple days from now. And she said, "No Grandma, I won't be 4 until my Birthday!" She is an honest one...just keeping it real!!

All right my lovelies...enjoy your day and stay away from Judy...so you don't get her nasty bug. It is really going around here too! And who wants that! My
son's family has all had it and I just hope and pray that nobody in my house gets it. I would live through it...but I am not sure about hubby.
Love, Hugs, and Christmas Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 11 2019 12:06:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2019 :  7:48:19 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - hasn't he grown!!! He's such a cutie LOL

Patsy - I live 1.5 hours from Minot. We shop there periodically as there's no Menards closer lol. Does this mean I might get to finally meet one of my MFJ sisters?!!!! Your son will definitely have a climate shock. We're already in the negative numbers for highs - way too early.

Judy - So sorry you're feeling so unwell! Get well girlfriend! Glad your sister is coming to take care of you.

Nicole - You definitely don't want to sit on my porch. It was a high of 11 today, which has been the highest all week. We're ready to plunging back down into the negatives for highs.

I had today off work but it wasn't much of a break. I had to reactivate my workers comp case to get more medical care for my lower back/hip. It's gotten so bad that I'm having pain all the way to my ankle. I changed doctors and he referred me to occupational therapy who thankfully agrees that chiropractic adjustments are a good idea and referred me so I can get those paid for. After the chiropractor re-evaluated me he determined that I'll have to have adjustments 3 times a week for the next 3 weeks minimum along with stimulation and board treatments. Had my PT re-evaluation this week and they've determined I'll need twice a week appointments with them for an unknown amount of time - those will be on Tuesday and Thursdays since I'm at chiro on Mon, Wed, & Fri. Had an MRI and another xray. Interestingly the x-ray showed a bone spur that they never mentioned in my initial x-ray along with mild disc compression. MRI thankfully showed no pinched nerves along with mild degenerative disc disease. I'm back to feeling like I'm constantly at an appointment, probably because I am lol. I have an appointment with pain management in Grand Forks (2 hours away) to see what they can suggest. I'm on prescription strength naproxen and hydrocodone currently to help with the pain. Who would have thought I'd still be having this amount of pain 7 months after the accident.

I'm hoping to get my Christmas decor up this weekend. Hopefully, Benny will get those totes brought in while I'm at work tomorrow. He's been busy trying to figure out what's wrong with the furnace at the house. Thankfully he has all our thermostats controlled through wireless and he caught the start of the problem while we were in Indiana. He almost had to go to Canada to get a replacement for the control board, which was the last thing he replaced and it was, of course, the problem lol.

Okay, bedtime. Have a great weekend everybody!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
Owner: Virtual Services by Tammy
https://www.facebook.com/VirtualServicesbyTammy
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2019 :  4:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
So sorry to hear all the sickness going around. I used a netti pot cause I had sugar water coming out my nose. Used that thing twice and got it taken care of!

Love that thing. Takes care of buggies where they start. in the nose.

Got 2 boxes of cookies n candy sent out to 2 of my kids. Of course Jason got his share and more since he lives near me. lol

Now need to pack for Ohio. Still can't believe I'm going there. My sis in law from NC is coming here to get me and we will stay in Ohio

for 2 weeks! Woo Hoo! Can't wait Sizzers! Sure hope you are feeling tons better than now. Plus, eating better... sigh...

Well, time to get my jammies on and relax. Take care girlies! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Love yuns..

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2019 :  5:15:14 PM  Show Profile
My goodness, here Christmas is just around the corner. How fast time is going. It has been a rough year and no sign of it getting better soon. My sister-in-law is in Hospice Care and they don't think she will make it till Christmas. She is ready to go and I can only want the best for her. She is a wonderful woman and so very loved by many people. My brother-in-law is finished with radiation for a while and they are holding off on the chemo for a couple of weeks. His cancer is not shrinking and it looks like the treatments are not helping as the mass has grown. He is having trouble swallowing not and not wanting to eat anything.
My husband and I were sitting at the railroad crossing waiting for a train to go by when we got rear ended last night. He hit us pretty hard. Our tailgate is busted on our pickup.
I am praying for the new year to be a little less dramatic for us.
On a good note, we are making through every crisis with good spirits and getting stronger with every trial that comes our way.
Here is hoping you all have a Merry Christmas and may God bless each and every one of you and keep you in his care

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2019 :  11:01:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh Lori, so sorry to hear all this... and yet, so glad that you are both in good spirits!
My Sister has been in Ohio since Thursday, but I haven't seen her. Dave's been sick all weekend, so it's best for her to stay away. Hopefully she can come after Christmas. We are having crazy weather(50's all week), so I'm sure that isn't going to help matters any. Can't kill germs with balmy weather. Hope the rest of you are doing ok. Remember those who are suffering from depression this time of year... it's not Merry & Bright for everybody, no matter what the commercials and songs portray.
Prayers going up for all of my Porch-Buds!
Love to you all!
Merry Christmas!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2019 :  6:12:31 PM  Show Profile
I wish I could 'sit on the porch', but.. it has been drizzily all day,, but,no matter, I had the grand kiddos most of the day..
We glued, we glittered, we ate cookies and drank tea and then we watch Ninja Turtles..

Now for the Million Dollar Question... How do you get rid of Glitter?
My DH vacuumed, I washed the floor and I swear, by the time the floor was dried... I saw MORE glitter all over my kitchen!! AACCKK!

Oh well,,, by the time the kiddos get home, there parents car will be Glitterized as will their house! heeheehee.. HoHOHO!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2019 :  6:18:38 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas ladies,
I just wanted to wish you a blessed day I am off from school until Jan 6 and so glad was sick last week with sinus infection missed school but much better
Glad to have some time to rest and enjoy family.
Well that about covers my latest
Blessings and love
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2019 :  1:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas Eve My Porchies...

My Christmas looks like it will be Postponed this year. Savannah Grace is still running a fever but she quit throwing -up.
The Flu has hit WA State very hard this year. I think I read that there had been 19 deaths from it this year in our State
alone. Children and Older Folks hit the hardest. We have not gotten it but my youngest Son's Family have all had it.
The Last one is Savannah. She will go to the Dr. again today. So, looks like I will have Christmas there with them next
Thursday. Well, that will allow hubby and I a Quiet Time at Home with Football all day. I do not want to risk getting sick
because then I risk giving it to my hubby and that is NOT good...as he is so frail already.

Prairie Tammy...so, glad I don't live where you do honey. It sounds like BRRR. weather to me!! We had a gorgeous day
yesterday but rain is coming back today. ~ Your Grandson is such a cutie-pie and I'm so glad that you got to have
that time with him. I know he loves you and Benny and the Farm. I hope you guys have a Beautiful and Merry Christmas!!

Patsy...I have never used a Netti-Pot but Dr.'s up here do not think they are good to use. Probably because they want to
Treat People not see them Treat themselves. LOL The whole concept has never appealed to me. But those that use
them swear by them...I know. I hope you get to see your Sissy and that Dave gets better, so you can. Have Fun with
your loved ones!! Spread The Christmas Joy!!

Judy...I hope you don't catch Dave's Flu!! Or maybe you had it first...as I recall. That is the bad thing, the sharing of
it all!! Somethings are just not worth sharing. LOL Maybe you and he will actually have Christmas Day together this
year. Merry Christmas Sweet Girlie!!

Lori...oh, my your guys have had such a rough go of things. I LOVE your attitudes though!! When Life gives you Lemons
make Lemonade or a Hot Toddy!! LOL Seriously, your faith is reflected on how well your heart and attitude are. You
are doing very well!!! My Prayer for you guys and everyone is a Blessed Christmas and New Year!! We could ALL use
less Drama in 2020!! Merry Christmas Dear One.

Grace...I am still giggling over your Christmas Glitter!! We have pretty much Ban Glitter in our homes (our family)...because
you wear it for months!! My Diamond Painting is almost as bad. I find those little diamond dots are just a larger form of
glitter. LOL They do however vacuum up better than glitter! I bet you had fun with the Grand-kids despite the mess.
Do you guys have snow? My Oldest Step-daughter who lives in Deer Park said that they only have a couple of inches
which is nothing for Eastern Washington. Love Your Fun-Loving Spirit Grace and your storytelling. You and Hubby
Have a Delightful Christmas. Merry Christmas!!

Teacher Tammy...I am so sorry you got the Sinus Infection that is going around. It seems that people are getting one or
the other!! I'm not sure which is better but you never hear of someone dying from a Sinus Infection...so that one
gets my vote! LOL It takes just as long to get over, however. Thank you for getting on The Porch a little more often
girlfriend because we really missed you there for awhile!! Love and Hugs to you and yours!! Merry Christmas!!

My hubby is in a good mood this morning! Really it started last night. He just started joking around with me and
then this morning he is still the same way. Maybe that is my Christmas Gift from God this year...I have back the man
I married with his wonderful sense of humor. He has always teased me and made me laugh until he started having
so many health issues...which brought on bouts of depression.

I got to see my Grand-daughters from Seattle on Sunday. Daddy brought them down to spend a day with their
Family here. Oh, my they are growing into fine young ladies. Madeline is super sweet and appreciative of everything.
Nomi is still a little bit sweet and a little bit sass but she lost the potty mouth...saying OMG all the time. So that has
pleased my heart. And I loved seeing my oldest Son. Unfortunately, only Shane and Elijah could join us this year.
We went out to dinner (Pizza) and the kids got to play video and arcade games and us parents got to visit. It was
Lovely!!

Here is praying for everyone to take time to think on Jesus and All The Blessings and Benefits He Bestows on us
in such a Lavish way...even on our bad years, months, weeks and days.

Love, Hugs, and Joy In Jesus,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 24 2019 1:24:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2019 :  09:18:32 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas dear friend <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2019 :  11:32:37 AM  Show Profile
Hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas and that the new year will bring better health with it.

Tammy the pain you have sounds like what I have except I did not have an accident. I do go to the chiropractor as I have been going for years. Since the early 90's on a regular basis. Usually once a month unless something gets bad.

I have my family here until the 2nd and then they head back to Ohio. We will go out in January for the youngest's dedication ceremony.

Things will calm down a lot once the holidays are over. I have lots to do and many things lined up to get done.

Happy New year to you all!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2019 :  12:30:03 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning my Porchies...HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!! It is really raining here so I hope that causes fewer Fireworks tonight!!
I know all the dogs in our area would be calmer with less raucousness and I wouldn't have to hold a 30 lb shaking dog for 4 hours. lol

Shannon...I hope you and your family had a Blessed Christmas! I finally got to have mine on Sunday!! Again...I came home with way
more "Stuff" than I need. Good thing I purge at least twice a year because between My Birthday and Christmas...my house
gets "Newer Stuff". LOL We said that we were going to cut way back this year and the only ones that did were my hubby
and my son. LOL Smart Men!! Us women don't know when to STOP!

My Grandkids are better. Once Savannah got over her flu for the second time Eli started running a fever for the 3rd time. Man, I
wish the Family could get Well. Today is Shane and Sadies Anniversary but they canceled their plans because of the kids.

Denise...it does get hectic with Family and Friends this time of year. Me being an extravert...I like that. It is my favorite part of
The Holidays...sharing that Family Love. But I know most introverted people would rather just snuggle in and cozy up with good
tv. shows and good books and some board games or puzzles. I like that too but not as much. Though it has been proven that
as you age you start taking on some of the opposite characteristics than when you were younger. Where when I was young it
was ALL about the People!! As I have gotten older it is probably 60/40. I have my introverted times much more than I use to.
Don't you love my Psychology Lessons? *(as she yawns and grabs a good book!) *giggles*

Okay, Ladies, I am off to get something done before it becomes night-time and I'm still on the computer. It looks like Night out
side but it is only 12:30 in the afternoon. Gray Skies and Rain!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY BEAUTIFUL PORCHIES,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 31 2019 12:35:02 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page