Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2018 :  7:38:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Thank you for all of your encouraging comments. I have always had strong willpower and have found out that once I try something and find that my body responds well to it, that's 2/3 of the battle. I've always listened to my body. After all, "The body Wants To Heal Itself!"
So, again, Thanks Gals!
Well, Patsy is home again and staying at her Sons new home a few miles from here, so I'm happy to be able to spend Christmas day with her and them. Our first Christmas together in years. Thank You God!
I hope you all have a Very Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Be safe Porch-Buds! Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2018 :  10:55:40 AM  Show Profile
Merry CHRISTMAS My Porchies...

Judy...I am so glad that your Sissy is near and you get to spend Christmas together! How Wonderful that you will have the Blessing of Family Time.

Thank You All For the Christmas Cards that I have been receiving.

I Feel a Bit of a Blue Christmas Coming on but I am sure that once I'm around the Grandkids they will cheer me up!
I have so much to be Thankful For but especially For Jesus, His Spirit and Papa God.

Love You All Dear Friends,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2018 :  10:12:47 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year, Ladies,
I hope you had a great Christmas. I have been off the grid for a bit. Just needed time to breathe and rest. Still have this week off yet and I am so glad. I will go to school one day and take down the tree and finish getting things ready for when kiddos come back on the 8th. But that never takes me long since hubby usually helps me out.

It is really cold here. We had freezing rain on Christmas and winds to 50 miles. Thankfully we kept our power but many around us didn't have power for the day. We do have a generator which helps if we lose power cause we have baby pigs in the barn and they need to stay warm.

Christmas was good although I missed my dad terribly. Not the same when I call home and he isn't there. But he had a great celebration in heaven I am sure. I have been reading lots of books and thinking about learning how to knit. I have heard it is relaxing and so I am up for a new adventure.

WEll just wanted to say hello.
love and blessings to your all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2018 :  2:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and wishing you all a happy New Year. Finally recovered from the rib injury. Now I'm fighting upper respiratory infection. .
Should be gone soon. Got a shower and cleaned up so I'm feeling more human. Always seems to help a bit. Hoping to start the new year without sickness.
I pray everyone has a healthy new year.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 30 2018 2:22:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2018 :  4:01:39 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY NEW YEAR PORCH-BUDS!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2018 :  5:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year everyone.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2019 :  09:11:51 AM  Show Profile
Hoping this first day of January finds all of our porchies in good health and enjoying the day.
Wishing all of you the best in the coming year!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2019 :  1:05:48 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year My Porchies...

We spent a quiet one at Home. I always have to keep Snickers calmed down from the Fireworks. Earlier I was watching my Grandkids and I have to share this conversation with you.

first off both kids wanted to work on Legos that they got for Christmas:

Savannah
: Grandma can you pick up that piece I just dropped on the floor!
Me: Sure Honey, but try not to drop them because it is hard for Grandma to bend over and get them.
Elijah: Yeah, Savannah don't drop anymore, cuz Grandma is getting old and she doesn't want to have to keep picking them up.
Savannah: Well, NOT too OLD, huh Grandma?
Me: Shaking my head and laughing.

Okay, I'm Officially Old According to Elijah but Not too Old According to Savannah. Don't you just love Kids? They call it like they see it!

My Oldest Son Chris and my 2 older Grand-daughters Madeline and Naomi came to see me. Actually Chris paid for all of us to Stay at the Marriott Hotel
on The Waterfront in Downtown Portland for 3 days. It was so great to get to have dedicated time just with them. Then the last day we came to Vancouver
and got together with The Cousins and Sadie, Shane, and Patti. And then my middle son Pat also. The Cousins exchanged Christmas Gifts and we all went out
to Pizza where the kids had a blast playing video arcade games. Then they dropped me back home and they all went to the Mall together. The Seattle Grand-
daughters had been promised a Shopping Spree by their daddy. So, I guess they all had fun spending more time with their cousins there.

My heart has been heavy after being with my grand-daughters from Seattle. The Big City is causing them to grow up way to fast. At age 7 and 10 they wear
makeup. I didn't like that but kept my opinion to myself. Then Madeline wanted to know if I wanted her to do a Terroh Card-Reading for me? I think I spelled
that wrong...oh, well. Anyway, I knew her Mother was into that but to see my grand-daughter getting into it too was very troubling to me. And the girls kept
saying OMG every other thing out of their mouths. Finally, my son said, "Out of Respect for your Grandmother's beliefs, please just say Oh My Goodness. Naomi
the 7 year old said, "But I Like to say OMG" Then her older sister got on her case about forgetting and saying the wrong word on purpose the rest of the visit.
I had a Grandmother who criticized everything I did when I was a kid. So, I never want to be that kind of Grandma.
I Love My Grand-daughters but those kind of things just stab at my heart. I spent the next couple of nights praying for them. Don't get me wrong, they are good
girls...they are just picking up bad habits. Last night on FB I saw a post by nobody I know...but I felt like God was giving me some re-asurring words. It was
something like this: THAT THING THAT HAS YOU TROUBLED...I AM ALREADING WORKING ON IT! ~ It was like: Thank You Lord, I needed to hear that.

Denise...I am glad that you are feeling human again. Sorry, that you were sick over the Holidays. That is never FUN!

Nora...Happy New Year to you too! I am looking forward to a good year!

Teacher Tammy...we understand that you have been hurting over the loss of your daddy. It is hard when you start losing your parents. But I know God is
helping you through this difficult time. And our prayers continue to go before you. U;n gkad that you have had time to rest and read and heal a little over
this Christmas Season.

Judy...Happy New Year to you too girl! I hope you had an Amazing time with Patsy and Family. Thanks for the Fun Holiday E-Cards. I love those interactive ones.

Okay, My dog wants out! It is freezing here so I hope it is a quick trip. LOL

I Plan to count at least One Blessing A Day for All of This Year:
#1. Is My Amazing Papa God. I could not get through this day...let alone, LIFE without HIM.

Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 01 2019 1:28:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2019 :  4:59:49 PM  Show Profile
My first blessing is also God in my life.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2019 :  08:58:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, I just saw that 4 of us just renewed our MJF membership recently.
Peggy-Tammy D-Heather and Me! Yea us! Celebrate, celebrate... It's all
'Giggly-Good'! **giggle**

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2019 :  09:08:58 AM  Show Profile
Hello dear porchies! We have had a rough start to our new year! At about 5 PM on the 1st, my 11 yo, Will, was hit in the eye with a dowel rod... it was shot like an arrow by his brother, and Will happened to pop his head out of a closet as it whizzed by. Anyways his entire iris was red, he couldn't see, and was crying blood. We drove to Rapid City, about 2.5 hours away. In Rapid City we were told Will would probably never regain his vision in his right eye. His cornea had an abrasion and there was bleeding in his iris. The pressure in his eye was too high which was damaging his optic nerve. He could "see" light (more it bothered him than actually seeing it) and that was it. So we were flown to Denver Children's Hospital. By the time we got there, God had given Will back his vision! They got his pressure in his eye down to normal, and a clot had formed in his iris. For the next few days (until at least Monday when he gets reevaluated), we have to use drops to keep his eye dilated, so as not to dislodge the clot, and other drops to keep his pressures down. We also have to keep his head at a 30 to 45 degree incline and he cannot do any strenuous activity. They will be doing an additional test on Monday to check to see if there is any damage to his drainage system in his eye. The fact that we were able to get a ride home from Denver was a miracle in itself! Brad had not slept in 24 hours... he was in no shape to drive 6-8 hours to come get us and then back... so a friend drove down to get Will and I to bring us back! We are now home. Exhausted, but home, praising our great God!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2019 :  10:40:11 AM  Show Profile
OMGOSH Shannon, so sorry to hear all this! BUT so glad God restored his eyesight!!
Thank YOU God for your help in this situation. Please keep your hand on this child... on this family in this new year! Thank you! In Jesus name!
And the sisters said...AMEN!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2019 :  11:53:33 AM  Show Profile
Amen.
Boys are something else to raise.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2019 :  12:57:51 PM  Show Profile
My Beloveds (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) Thanks Be To Your Holy Name for restoring Will's eyesight. And orchestrating all the transportation during this
terrible ordeal. We pray that you will restore Will's eyesight to be perfect once again. And please My Beloveds, help Will's Brother not to be burdened by
guilt. Accidents Happen to us ALL. And I pray that Will will not hold a grudge against his brother...as I am sure he already feels very badly about this.
Give Shannon and her husband the Grace to handle All of this in Love and Trust in You. You are an Amazingly Awesome God. And we Praise You For Your Love and Care.
In your Sons Precious Name! AMEN!

Shannon...raising kids is NOT FOR SISSIES is it? It is times like these that we just need to hold them all a little closer and Love on them a little more. We will continue
to keep you ALL in Prayer and Praise Be To Our Almighty God.

Love, Hugs and Thankfulness,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 03 2019 1:00:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bluedog355
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Diana
Alstead New Hampshire
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2019 :  7:50:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies, just happened to open this thread - Shannon I'm so sorry you all have to handle this accident. My son went through something similar, a friend threw an ice laden snowball, which hit my son in the eye, when he was 18. He had bleeding in all parts of the eye. It can take up to 6 months for it all to clear away (not saying it will for your son) and we had various drops for quite awhile. It took many visits of the Dr checking on it, but he was cleared. Be patient, it is amazing how well it can heal! My kiddo also had a fracture of the orbital bone and a nasty concussion. I feel for you, it is quite upsetting - so glad it is already improving!

Diana
Farmgirl #6578
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2019 :  07:28:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Diana!
Nice to have you here on the porch. It is a bit cold here this morning so I have some hot tea to sip while here.

We seem to get hit all at once don't we? Started out I and my nephew were sick and then my oldest had some struggles with my grandson's insurance company. He is diabetic so it is no small matter. Then my 2 yr old granddaughter ended up hospitalized with a virus induced asthma attack. They kept her overnight. All is well now but that was scary.
Just hate when something happens with the kiddos.

Christmas is still up but unadorned. All of that finally got put away. Waiting for ds to put the tree away for me. It has become his thing to put it up and take it down. That way he can't complain about the way it is done. LOL.

Today is playing catch up a bit. We are still waiting for the people who are doing our new septic system to contact us saying everything has come in and is ready. It has been a long time coming and we decided we had better get it taken care of.

After Christmas is over I always feel ready for Spring to show up but I know we may still be in for some snow this year yet. Only had it the one time before Thanksgiving. I was hopeful for a white Christmas but it was sunny and cold.
Strange to me that the states south of us have gotten it but nothing for us and those north.

Peggy, I understand your concern for your granddaughters. But you are right to stay out of it and just pray. Our God can work in their lives so much better than anything we can do. Just have to set a good example for them.

Well, I'd better move along. Lots to get done today. Already have supper in the crock pot because I knew it was going to be a busy day.

Enjoy your day everyone no matter what you are doing.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 07 2019 07:31:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  12:26:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to The Porch Diana!! Glad to have you join us and we hope you find your way back.

Denise...thanks so much for the Hot Tea You Left on The Porch. It has been cold here but not a lot of rain like we anticipated. I will take
the cold any day. My Fibro hates the rain. The weekend was bad because we had rain all weekend. I cozied up with couple good books, and my pain
sprays and meds. Watched a few football games also...as wee are crazy for Football in this Household. Our Seattle Seahawks didn't make it as a
Wild Card Team for the Playoffs but they gave it a great try!

I also have been working on a Diamond Painting/this one is done with Rhinestones and is turning out just Stunning. It is a Lion. I call it My Lion
of Judah! I'll post a picture when I finish it. It is large so it is going to take me awhile.

Tomorrow my hubby has to go to Portland for a Blood draw so, I plan to go over to My Favorite Antique Mall while he is at the Hospital. I got a 50.00 Gift
Certificate for there from My youngest son for Christmas.

I actually got a walk in today. I'm not up to my 5 miles a day yet, but did just under 2 miles. It was so cold out that I worried my dog would get cold in
his doggy stroller because he was just sitting and I was working up so heat...as I am a speed walker. He did lay by the heater when we got back home. Then
my hubby was up and he and I had a bunch of errands to run.

Be sure and head over to The Farmgirl of The Year Thread and wish Marie Bostwick a Big Farmgirl Congratulations! I saw Denise and Nora both did! I have read
several of Marie's books and enjoy her style. I just didn't realize she was one of our Farm Sisters. LOL

OK...it is late and I have other email and posts to check out before I call it a night.

Have a Blessed Tuesday and Do something You Love,

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  07:46:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear friends! Thank you all for your prayers! Yesterday was a disheartening day in many ways... Friends are getting ready to move many miles away, my cousin's mentor just passed away, and we had Will's follow up appointment yesterday afternoon. His eye is still bleeding some and his pressures are too high. They adjusted and added some medications, but are talking about possibly needing a stent. We will be following up again tomorrow or Friday... waiting to hear back on a firm appointment date and time. I know our God is sovereign - that none of this has come as a surprise to Him and that He is in full control... but I'm struggling right now with the weight of it all! I know we are instructed to lay all our burdens down at the cross, but I'm not sure how to do that in a practical way.

Diana - welcome to the porch! Thank you for your encouraging words! Hopefully you will find your way to the porch again soon :)

Denise - I sure hope things calm down with all the grandkids and sicknesses. Why oh why do insurance companies have to be such turkeys, especially when it comes to a child's disease like diabetes????

Peggy - enjoy your antique mall trip :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  10:24:00 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for Will.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  10:47:55 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...dear heart it is not always easy to go through the trials that come our way! And yours is a big one. It is hard for a Mother to watch any of her children go
through pain and agony...we wish we could take it upon our own shoulders and bare it for them. But if there is one thing I have learned in raising three boys...they are
much more resilient than we adults are. It is just amazing what they can cope with and what they can learn to work around. My Mother's Heart breaks with your Mother's
Heart and I will keep him before our Precious Lord's Throne. And you and Brad too.

Love, Prayers and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 08 2019 10:49:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  7:09:32 PM  Show Profile
Hello Gals! Welcome Diana! If you can find the time, please tell us a little about yourself.
We had a weird super warm(for N.E. Ohio in winter)day today. 56, mostly sunny and gusty. Tonight we are suppose to have 20+ mph winds and temps dropping to 27.
What In The World!!!??? I got some leaves raked out of my driveway that I couldn't get to earlier due to rains and cold. So I guess that was the other up side to a warm day.
*giggle*
Shannon, still Praying for you and your family! When you are at the end of your rope, the a big knot and HANG ON!!!
Denise, thanks for the hot tea. I'm adding a variety of healthy muffins to go with it. Help yourselves girlies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  7:21:03 PM  Show Profile
Not exactly porch sitting... but, yesterday I did sit out on the patio of my mom's house in Palm Desert... after picking a dozen 'Cochella' grapefruits and 1/2doz of Tangelos...
Today I squeezed up a couple of each to make a glass of "liquid sunshine"...yummers.,, great way to start the day.
If I keep this up... I may not make it back to "Sno-kane "... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  09:15:14 AM  Show Profile
Grace, Enjoy your time in the sunshine!
I miss getting grapefruit, oranges and tangerines from my mom and dad every year.
So good when you can pick them yourself.
Too windy to do anything outside here except run down the lane to get the mail. No staying out longer than is necessary today.
Staying in by the woodstove with a hot cuppa and later getting some house chores done.
Hope everyone is staying warm no matter where you are today!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  2:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...It is a Lovely Dry Day today in Vancouver USA! Which makes my Body do The Happy Dance! We are supposed to have 7 straight Days of this weather
and I hope they are right. Weather is in the 50's and so hopefull I will get some walks in also.

Grace...I loved your Sno-Kane comment! Gave me a rip-roaren laugh. That is exactly why my husband and I left Sno-kane 34 years ago! ROFLOL I bet you are enjoying
your visit with your Mom in the Sunshine State.

Denise...glad to hear that you are hoping to get some house chores done today. I should be doing that too...but I will be lucky to make dinner and do the dishes.
Maybe after a late nap...I can get something done. But I won't make myself promises I can't keep. LOL

Hope you all have a Wonderful Weekend!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2019 :  10:11:05 AM  Show Profile
My goal for 2019 is spend more time on the porch . As I enjoy you ladies and miss y'all so. How is everyone doing with this crazy weather? Our weather yesterday was rainy and 43. By evening the temperature drop to 32 snow with 35 mph winds. This morning we woke up to 16 and sunny. Boy what a day of weather we had here in Indiana.

Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page