Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2018 :  07:28:40 AM  Show Profile
Nora,
Better safe than sorry on the hens. We keep ours in an enclosure especially this time of year when all the critters are looking for a meal.
Painting today and then just chores. I have some sewing to finish up later when I get everything else done.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2018 :  5:02:02 PM  Show Profile
Christmas activities must have everyone super busy. My sister has her Christmas get together this Sunday. Hoping the snow stays to the south of us. I made some sugar cookies and chocolate mint tea for the porch. Merry Christmas from me and Duke (he says if you don't want the cookies, he'll take them off your hands).

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2018 :  5:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Delicious cookies and tea! Thanks Nora :)

You girls make me giggle about not seeing the beautiful sunrises because you're sleepy heads. I always feel like they're a special good morning message from God. Good thing there's some good sunsets too for you late risers LOL!

I'm busy making gifts and with farm work. The girls got their pedicures today (the hoof trimmer was here). It's finally cold enough we're going to start hauling manure in the morning. It's going to probably end up being a 3 day job there's so much of it.

I'll try to get back on here soon but I'm pooped so I'm going to go read for a few minutes then I'm sure I'll be asleep. Here's what my kitty is up to now.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2018 :  11:00:14 AM  Show Profile
Nora...tell Duke I will give him one bite to my every two...on those sugar cookies! LOL Thanx for the Christmas goodies left on the Porch! I have my Bible Study
Christmas Party this next Thursday Night. It is supposed to rain all week! Which isn't much FUN. But I would rather have that than snow. Though snow is so much
Prettier than rain.

My Oldest Step-daughter Chery was here for a week. It was fun to see her. She has a lot of Christian Friends who live over in Portland...so she stays plenty buys when
she comes to town. They all went out on a Dinner Cruise Ship one night and enjoyed watching the Christmas Ships go by. We have decorated Christmas Boats every year go
by on the River and it is Fun to go down there and watch them. It is cold down by the water but fun to see the boats all decorated for the Season.

I just lost this post but for the very first time...I did "control z" and it actually brought it all back. I don't know how many times I have tried that in the past
and it never worked but this time I held it down longer and it worked. Yeah!!!

Heather...I didn't even notice your kitty in the picture until you mentioned it. So very cute!! Yeah, most of us older women don't do sunrises. Good thing we saw a lot
of them in our younger years. LOL I do know what they look like so I just have to rely on my memory if I want to see one. LOL I see and enjoy more Sunsets these days!

God has me on a very slow and relaxing CHRISTmas Season. And I'm enjoying it so much more. I love shopping from my computer more than fighting traffic and busy stores. So,
I am keeping all the delivery services busy. They drop off packages and just look at me as if to say, "YOU AGAIN! Chill out Lady!" This is my chill out...so, I just give
them a big smile and thank you...if I see them at all. LOL Pretty soon they will just start throwing those pkgs at my door! LOL

It is doing it's usual rain out here. Just has to remind me that this is Christmas weather here. I plan to work on my Christmas Cards some more today. It takes me awhile. I do
them in stages. First Group is for my Bible Study Gals, Second Group is Family & Friends and then the third group is my Farmgirls. So, so far I have Bible Studyd girls done and
now I am working on Family & Friends, then My Farmgirl favorites. It makes it go faster for me when I do the group thing. I take a day break in between each Group.

Well, Snickers is standing here staring at me...I guess that means it is time to take him out again. I wish I had a fenced backyard so I could just let him out the door. But
that doesn't work with Apartment Living.

I have to mention real quickly that I just bought myself a really Beautiful Birthstone Ring with some of my Inheritance $. I have been shopping around for just the right
piece that caught my attention. Something that had Peggy written all over it. I looked at diamonds but have never been a big diamond fan. I Love Opals (my birthstone) more
than diamonds. Well, I found a ring that is 14k Gold with Amythist (Purple, you know me) for the center stone, then 8 small channeled diamonds and then the sides of the ring
are Opal inlays. It is such a striking piece. The Jewelry store I dealt with on Line ... had the ring for 1,000.00...but just before I went to order it I read the fine print
and it said that designer would take Best Offer. So, I offered them 800.00 and they took my offer. It took a day to get their answer but it was so worth it. I will take a
picture when I get it. I am giving all my family members 1,000 for Christmas and then I plan to sit on the rest of my money to live on later in my life (when hubby passes).

Have a Great Weekend Girls,
xoxo
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 08 2018 11:21:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2018 :  3:11:05 PM  Show Profile
Heather, your kitty would make a great Cat's Meow kitty. So cute, I love black cats.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2018 :  10:17:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! It's a cold morning here, 0' when we got up this morning. I plan on staying inside and snuggling down after I get the house cleaned. We've been pretty busy here of late. I had to work Thanksgiving. The hospital provided us all with full Thanksgiving meals for free. Desiree cooked everything but the pumpkin pies, so I didn't have to do anything but the pumpkin pies.

I was able to road trip with Benny and was pulled into service to drive his boss's truck down to the bins. As I was getting out of our truck, I noticed all the deer tracks in the area.

I'd gotten super excited that he asked if I wanted to make a couple overnight trips with him to keep him company. New Adventure! Unfortunately, it was cut short pretty quickly. We noticed his boss's back lights on his trailer flashing a couple of times. As Benny was calling him to let him know he saw tire pieces in the road and had to dodge them (not as easy in a semi). His boss pulled over and as we pulled up we started noticing the huge hole/dent in the back of the trailer, the missing taillights and the electric wires wrapped around the axle. Since Benny had only been to the elevator in Grand Forks once, it made more sense for his boss to go and for us to take his rig back. I had to do a lot of loading and unloading for a trip I never got to take. I'm waiting to hear how much this damage cost. The trailer is down in Fargo now being repaired.

Almost done with Christmas shopping, except for groceries. Still trying to get him to bring in the tree and stuff so I can get the house decorated. I have presents to wrap and no place to put them. lol UPS and FedEx have been here nearly daily lol FedEx dude keeps getting stuck in people's drives for some reason and blew reverse out of his delivery van last weekend. We still can't figure out why he got stuck in the little amount of snow we had. Benny was in the shower last Saturday when the FedEx dude got stuck here so I had to get him out. The same dude got stuck down at his boss's place earlier that week.

Otherwise, there's not a lot happening here other than work. I did manage to get a new blog post up finally. Hope you all have a fabulous week!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2018 :  12:10:08 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...I'm sorry your new adventure petered out so quickly but that is how things go sometimes...never quite what you had envisioned it be.
You and UPS sound like you have a relationship going (just like me with my delivery people this time of year). I would rather let my fingers do the
walking and shopping. I have been out in the madness with my youngest son and have even been to a couple of Malls with him...but I do not enjoy all that
frantic shopping anymore. And I hate walking the malls and dodging people constantly who can't get off their cell phones so they can see where they are
going or who they are running into. Drives me Crazy!

Well, today we had my husbands Consultation With the Main Dr. from OHSU's Gastrololgy Dept. And the best they could do is say...we need to do that Endoscopy on you
that we didn't do a month ago. So, we will get everyone in place and give you a call and schedule it sooner than later. Every one is vetoing the Feeding Tube...which
is okay by both of us...as we would rather he not have one. So, I don't know...I feel like we are so getting the run around with these Dr.s and yet The Oregon Health
And Science Teaching Hospital is World Renown. Time will tell and I'm too tired to care at this point.

All my youngest son's family is sick but he stopped by after work and took all the kids Christmas Gifts to his house to put under his tree...so, I can now walk around
my bed in my bedroom. It is such a relief!!!

There was a Drug Deal gone very bad about a mile and a half from our house today...and I think every cop in Vancouver was at the Strip Mall trying to find the shooter.
The really sad thing was this was teenagers! The guy in his car was found shot 4 times and dead. And the shooter fled in his own car. So, it was crazy down there. My
husband and I saw the activity when we drove home after the trip to the Portland Hospital. This area of Vancouver use to be such a peaceful place but it seems like
crime is rampant everywhere these days. Now, some family gets to deal with the death of their teenage son this Christmas...my heart breaks for them! It really does.
And the kid who killed him that will have to spend the rest of his life locked up in Prison. Oh, Lord Have Mercy on this World we live in!

I'm tired and need to go to bed so I can go do my monthly Grocery Shopping tomorrow. Hopefully my son will be here to go with me. I hate grocery shopping...but the Frig.
and cupboards are looking mighty empty.

Hope you all are having a good December! Mine has been mostly restful with a little chaos thrown in here and there...but Tis The Season.

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2018 :  07:46:55 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been able to find this thread for 4 days! I don't know why but glad it showed up this morning.

Oh yummy, Nora! Cookies and tea.

I have been able to get my shopping done early this year so I am working on baking. Haven't done that in a long time. Made two pumpkin rolls for a couple girls I have lunch with once a week.

Wasn't feeling well last night so was in bed by 6:30. This morning all is well.

Peggy, I know what you mean about the packages. My mail lady gives me a look now when she comes. LOL. I try to stay inside when she shows up. Your ring sounds lovely. I love amethyst, it is my birthstone. Can't wait to see photos. JT seemed to be on a roll with rings with gifts over the years and I was wearing three on one finger as well as a pinky Mother's ring and a star sapphire. So we had all the diamonds put into one ring and I haven't had anything done with the amethyst that he had put in one of the diamond rings. It was to replace a diamond that had fallen out. So we have downsized and after the last pair of earrings I asked him not to buy me anymore jewelry. It was always his go to gift.
I haven't really touched any of my inheritance. We have our own business and I know we are going to need something for retirement.

My girls, gd and dd, come over and help me get things straightened up once a week. Really helps me keep on top of things. She is going to help me clean out the pantry and freezers tomorrow.

I think I will take some of the cherries I canned and make cherry pies to freeze ahead. Told dd if she helped me she can take some home for her freezer. I canned a lot of them.

Tammy, Sorry your trip was cut short. Sounded like it would have been a nice little trip together.

Heather, Your sweet little kitty looks so cute!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2018 :  11:01:16 AM  Show Profile
Denise...I hope you saw my FB Post on my surprise Christmas Gift!!! And boy was I ever surprised. Where did you find that awesome Day Planner? Probably the
most beautiful Planner I have ever seen. I will keep this company in mind for next year...as I am sure I will want one again. Thank You Sweetest Farmgirl!!
God has blessed me with My Farmgirls that is for sure.

Denise...I no longer bake for my family...because #1 I don't need it and #2 My best friend bakes every year and gives us way too much! And our family puts
a lot of candy in our stockings too. I freeze a lot of it and give a lot of it away and still eat too much of it. When something stresses me...I go right to
the Sugar/Choc./Whatever is handy.

I love Jewelry so much but I inherited all my Aunts, Grandmothers, and Mom's Jewelry and had a ton of my own. My husband sounds like yours...always was my
husbands go to gift to me also. Which I will not lie...I loved every piece. In fact he used to say that there was NOT a piece of Jewelry made I didn't like. LOL
Which is so NOT TRUE!! In fact in Fine Jewelry I am very picky...but I am never the one picking it. LOL This ring is the first Fine Jewelry I have ever bought
for myself. I usually like nice vintage or costume pieces. In fact right now I have on my Mother's Cameo Locket. When she passed I put a picture of her and daddy
inside. This Cameo is the most exquisite Cameo I have ever seen. It is a very Beautiful Lady (which let's face it some are quite ugly) and she is wearing a diamond
necklace (which is a real diamond). Mom never wore it that I ever remember. My dad bought it for her and I think she really loved it but she was a stay at home
housewife and rarely had the occasion to dress up fancy. But I don't wear jewelry the same way. I think all jewelry needs to be worn and enjoyed. I have her cameo on
and I am wearing a nice blouse and blue jeans and sneakers. And I could care less what anyone else thinks...because I Love it!! LOL I had to buy a heavier chain for
it. It came with a rather delicate chain for such a heavy piece of Jewelry. When I was at Fred Myers one day I stopped in their Fine Jewelry Dept and showed them
the Cameo and so she showed me some 14K. Gold Chains on sale for half price. Which like a dummy I am thinking it was a 100.00 chain and I was getting it for $50.00.
I had sticker shock when I was handed the receipt and it was a 400.00 chain on sale for 200.00. Wowsie...just shows you how much Fine Jewelry I haven't purchased. LOL
It goes perfectly with the Locket and I use it on other pieces my husband has gifted me with also. Gotta get my monies worth out of it. LOL It has a life time replacement
warranty if anything happens to it. Okay, you now know more about my Jewelry than you ever wanted to know! LOL There are only about 4 things I am addicted to and these
are 4 habits I refuse to get therapy for: 1. Reading 2. Coffee 3. Chocolate and 4. Jewelry. And probably in that exact order. LOL

Okay Girlies..off to check FB and then I hope off to the Grocery Store. Have a Great Day and Enjoy whatever God Blesses you with today.

Love, Hugs, and Christmas Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2018 :  4:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I did see your post. I just wrote out a post and lost it! Will post again later.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2018 :  09:33:11 AM  Show Profile
Here’s a picture out my window this morning. High today is supposed to be in the 30’s so it should be a beautiful day.

PeggyAnn – Online shopping for me is a blessing with us being so far away from major shopping centers. I also hate shopping and dealing with people so online shopping is my favorite way to shop lol

I try to do bi-weekly shopping. I don’t have enough freezer space to do monthly shopping yet. I need to get an upright freezer if Benny ever gets the addition put on. I pick up things like milk after work in Rugby in between. I have considered joining Sam’s Club but the closest one is in Bismarck (3 hrs away) so I’d probably have to do quarterly trips if I do.

Benny still hasn’t gotten the tree or decorations so I haven’t gotten my tree or anything else up.

Ok girls, assistance needed since you helped me come up with my last business name. I’m going to be starting a virtual assistant (VA) business and need help coming up with a name for it. I’m torn between going with something that’s not regionally related or going with something more local sounding (hope that makes sense). I don’t want to limit myself to only North Dakota clients but North Dakotans like to use only “local” businesses. I plan to offer basic administrative services, transcription and basic bookkeeping services. I was toying with ND Office Solutions but when Googling it noticed there’s a Fireside Office Solutions (sells office furniture) and I really like the Fireside portion.

Okay, need to get some work done so I best get moving. Have an awesome day everybody!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2018 :  10:23:17 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies,

Monthly Shopping done. (I fill in on the weekend grocery sales)
Christmas Cards almost done.
Almost all Christmas pkgs wrapped.

They got the Teenage Shooter yesterday! (Sad) But happy they got him.

I have some company trying to run a scam on me.
You know those phone calls ~ you owe us blah blah blah and if you don't pay up the police are coming to arrest you immediately.
So, today between 11:00 and 4:00 I am suppose to stay home and wait for some idiot to serve me with phony papers. It is nice
when you know that you don't owe anybody any money to begin with. I doubt anyone will come to my door. LOL

Denise, I saw your note above. Don't you hate when the 'puter eats your post?

Prairie Tammy...I need your new address.

Well, that is all that I know...so, more tomorrow!

Love, Hugs, and A Good Book,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2018 :  10:27:32 AM  Show Profile
Flashes on business name to see what you think - Prairie Hearth VA Business Solutions (with or without the VA). Prairie Fireplace VA Business Solutions popped into my head but I'm rethinking the fireplace and possibly the hearth as I'm worried they might think I do something with fireplaces.

PeggyAnn - emailed it to you yesterday. If you didn't get it I'll resend.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2018 :  4:54:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, Thought I'd pop on and read a bit. Man, it's only been a week since I was here, but you Gals have been busy... and chatty.
P.Tammy, I like the Prairie Health name because it's so much like your name on here AND you're in the Prairie so... ya... that one has my vote. WOW! Those were some pics you put on here of that tore up truck. What a mess! What caused that to happen anyhow?
Nora, thanks for the cookies and tea. YUM! Any kind of a cookie... I'm there. Then I heard the word CHERRY and my mouth started watering(Denise). I love cherry anything. Amethyst is my birthstone too.
I haven't told ya'll, because it's such a big, loooong, wheelbarrow full of ga-loop, and who really has time for that?/! Anyhoo, I have had skin problems off and on for years. Always been sensitive to soaps, cologne, detergents... sun... air... dust(just kidding, but feels true) pretty much sense I hit puberty(that's been a few years ago, aye?) So it finally got to the point that I had to see a Doc about it. Now... knowing Dave as some of you do, he's hard-core scientific, while I'm an herbalist and a true-blue country girl who was once kidded that all I ate was twigs and branches while everybody else ate burgers n greazzzzzy fries. So ...what to do... who to see. I was given a business card/discount card for a Nutritionist/Chiro/wellness Doc from my fav herb Shoppe, so I said, "Hey, why not."
(gonna send this before the putter gremlins mulch it)BRB

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 14 2018 5:37:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2018 :  5:12:18 PM  Show Profile
So, I went back in September and took my Sis with me since he was up here visiting at the time. We were both amazed at the style and gentle technique of this gal. 24 years old, very thorough, listens, was taught by the older lady who owns the practice as well as what she learned at college. First thing she told me was to get off the milk. WHAT??? I live on dairy. Not any more.... at least for now till we get you straightened out. Fine! The next week, get away from gluten. 'Scuse me??? Oh, and watch your fats and sugars, they're in EVERYTHING! What do you want me to eat, I squeaked? Fruits, veggies and lean meat...like we're suppose to eat. Just shoot me now I whined. All you're leaving me is a bowl of sawdust with water poured over it.
Can I just stop right here and say that I am NOT a fan of nut-milks, I am NOT a fan of rice crackers and rice bread, and almond and coconut ice cream only comes in about 3 flavors... blech, blech and, oh yea blech.
She says, well you have to try, it's important to your skin, adrenals, liver and umm...oh...spleen. Fine!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2018 :  5:33:12 PM  Show Profile
Can I just say, I lost 6# that first week of just watching dairy. Mom said I had trouble with milk as a baby and later as a kid, and again as a teen... so now I understand all that tummy trouble. But I loooove cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt and a nice cold glass of milk when I have a thirst that nothing else can touch, ya know. So, to make a (short story long)heehee, since Sept 26th I've lost 12# and inches galore, and MOST of my sense-of-humor, but I sure do feel good...well, I will when I figure out what to do with all this loose, basset hound skin. "Oh, she says, It'll spring back, in time." That's what I'm afraid of... it'll get springy and slap me when I'm not looking! hahahahahahaha
Oh ya... did I mention the parasites she said my body is feeding. ***aaccckkkk*** That's a story for another day! (shhhh...did you hear that? I hear chewing)
Hope you all had a good giggle. Now you know what I've been up to when I'm not here.
(man, I want a cheeseburger, fries and a milkshake real bad)
Love ya Porch-Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2018 :  06:14:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear friends! I cannot be on here long, but wanted to bring a hot pot of wassail and some fresh baked cookies. Yup it is baking day here as well as needing to finish up some sewing which I will probably be doing every day right up to Christmas! Much love to you all <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2018 :  10:53:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Shannon(waving madly), So good to see you! I was wondering what big project you were buried under since it's been awhile! You are such a busy bee! Aren't you the gal who makes Jammies for the whole family for Christmas?
We have 45 degrees and it just started raining. Suppose to do that all weekend.
Have a great weekend gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2018 :  11:44:47 AM  Show Profile
Judy...My Goodness Girlie...that is what happens when you go to a Nutritionist...they take you off everything that tastes good! Or tastes like real food!
I tried that for how many months??? And then I threw my hands up in the air and started eating everything you're NOT supposed to even look at let alone eat!
It got confusing with reading different opinions about the same subject. After a while, you are eating less and less of anything even what is supposed to be
just plant-based. So, I went back to eating what I like and have put on some unwanted lbs. I need to get back to walking. But Good Luck Buddie...I hope it all
works fine for ya and you don't get tired of eating like a rabbit. IF I could have someone prep all my food for each meal...I might be successful on this kind
of eating program. But when I open the refrigerator door and all I see is Almond Milk, Greens, and Fruit I just slam it shut and go. Plus too much fruit is
bad for a Diabetic...so that leaves Greens and Almond Milk (which I like by the way) BUT with nothing to put the almond milk on..that is even frustrating. LOL So, YOU GO GIRL!!

Shannon...good to see you on The Porch. We all knew you were busy doing your projects and sewing! Hope you and your Family have a wonderful Christmas!
And a Blessed New Year.

Well, they ended up arresting 3 kids for the murder of the one kid in his car...because they had planned to rob him of his weed and one kid brought a
gun. So, it was considered pre-meditated Murder.

I am supposed to be having breakfast with my kids but it is lunchtime so, I'm kind of doubting that we will get together today as they have a
birthday party at 3:00 to go to.

Savannah's Friends Pizza Birthday was last night and she had such a good time with her friends that she invited. She is now 3 going on 30. LOL
She picked up one of my hands and said, "Grandma where is your nail polish?" I said, "Well, I have it on but it is clear polish." She said,
What is clear?" So, I explained it to her and then she said, "Grandma you need color!" She, also always tells me when I need a haircut and is the
first to notice when I get one. She is little Miss "I don't miss anything!" She has a keen eye for observing change! She ran over to me last night
and wanted me to hold her and I asked her why? She said because so and so is trying to hug me! And I said, "Well, that's Ok...that's what friends do.
And I think they are getting ready to leave...so, they just wanted to give you a birthday hug, goodbye. So, she was fine with that! LOL She also, said,
Grandma, I know you gave me some presents on my real birthday (which was a family dinner on the 12th) but did you bring me some more? I said, NO! I just
brought Uncle Pat's gift for you. She opened Uncle Pat's baby doll gift...and she said, "I want a better gift than that!" OMGoodness child!! And she has
a big crush on her Uncle Pat! Comments like that is why we call her The Boss Lady/Or Sassy! Kids!!! You just never know what is going to come out of their mouths.

OK...Off to make myself some Brunch!

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 15 2018 11:47:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2018 :  2:04:51 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, thanks for the wassail and cookies, nice and warming on a cool, rainy day. Don't know how much actual rain we've had, but everything is running high and laying in water. Cherokee and Duke are enjoying a sleepy, rainy day.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2018 :  5:10:10 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies!

Judy - I wish you luck girlfriend! I love my dairy too but should probably give it up. I keep trying to get serious about the keto diet but can't seem to give up the Mt. Dew and I don't do well with artificial sweeteners. I'm not big on salads in the winter either. You asked what caused the damage to the semi-trailer, it was probably due to him not replacing the tires. Benny said he'd thought they were due to be replaced but it's his boss's call when to do those types of things.

Busy day here today. Benny finally brought in the Christmas decorations so I've been trying to get those organized and up. Some are going to have to wait until I get to the store to get some Command strips. I also decided to tackle cleaning the oven. The one we have isn't a self-cleaning oven, unfortunately. I used an entire can of cleaner and two coats of cleaner but it could really use another coating on some areas. I don't think it's been cleaned since Benny's wife died four years ago and it was a mess! It looks a lot better now though!

Almost forgot. Wednesday night we went to what we thought was a wine tasting but was a wine pairing. We had a wonderful six-course supper with different wines served with each course. The menu was so out of Benny's comfort zone I was seriously worried but he was great about trying all the new things. Benny won one of the games and we got a free bottle of wine and a t-shirt. They also gave us another bottle of free wine when we left and they told us to take what was left on the cheese tray so they didn't have to throw it away. The restaurant that put it on also has a German meal in April where the guests dress up in German attire! It sounds so fun so I've already warned Benny we're going LOL It was a wonderful evening and the staff was so nice. We hadn't really read the information about it and didn't realize that we needed to buy tickets before the event but we were blessed that four people had the flu and canceled their reservation so we were able to get in.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2018 :  09:37:58 AM  Show Profile
Judy - Giving up dairy has been extremely difficult for me since finding out I am allergic. Thankfully I can still have goat milk, so we do a lot with that, but oh how I miss "normal" cheese. I do indeed make pajamas for all of us. Those are thankfully done already. I am still sewing clothing for the kids though. They are only getting homemade clothing this year, so my sewing machine is getting a workout!!! I'm on round four of clothing right now... A couple of them will probably get a fifth outfit as well.

Peggy - it will be interesting to see if they can make "premeditated murder" stick. But what a heartbreaking event for all those kids! Their lives will never be the same! I wish our society could understand and grasp that if we started giving consequences rather than excuses for the small stuff, then kids would be less inclined to do more serious crimes!

Nora - love your picture! I would love to curl up and take a nap, hahahaha

Tammy - what a treat that wine pairing dinner sounded!!! I would love to do that! And the oven looks great!

Well I better get back to sewing! Just didn't want to fall as far behind on post as I did last time ;)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2018 :  10:29:34 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Well, I just took my car in to find out where it is leaking from. My passenger side has a puddle of water like a small lake. LOL It wasn't the windshield but they were
going to try and figure out where the leak was coming from. My mother always parked her car in the garage...which I don't have the luxury of having a garage. This car
is starting to cost me money...and I hate car repairs! But walking everywhere isn't an option these days.

Nora...your fur babies have the right idea! Taking a bit of a nap on a rainy day. We are having the one sunny day today for the entire week. We are supposed to get heavy rain all week. Glad that my Christmas Shopping is all done! And I can just shelter in and take some cozy naps too. I am reading a good book and it would be nice to finish it up.

Prairie Tammy...The Wine Pairing Event sounded like a lot of FUN! And you won something on top of it all. I Love when that happens. The German meal sounds like a lot of fun too.
Their food is so good but heavy. I love German Desserts a lot! The Black Forest Cake is scrumptious!

Well, I went to Brunch with my kids yesterday, then we went to one Antique Mall across from where we ate. And After that we went to Barnes and Noble. Which was lovely as
I hadn't been there for about a month. The little ones had a great time too!!

OK...not much happening here. Hope everyone's Christmas Plans are coming together and that you all are well too! Nothing ruins "plans" like being sick. My Family is all
well and I pray that we stay that way.

Have a Blessed Week!!

Love, Hugs, and Christmas Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2018 :  4:47:24 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, Christmas is almost here. I have enjoyed reading Luke this month leading up to the day. I hope everyone enjoys their time with family and friends and have the most memorable Christmas this year.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2018 :  2:01:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Seems it has been a bit since I've been here. Hurt my ribs and am moving in slow motion for the last two days. I did it a week ago Friday and there are times when I'm good and times like today when it is killing me. So, I am doing things but just not very quickly. Glad I have pretty much everything done except baking a pie and there were a few things I wanted to bake but we will have to forgo those this year.

I hope everyone is enjoying this special time. I have taken time to do more reading which has been nice.

Hope you all enjoy a lovely Christmas.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page