Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  12:36:27 PM  Show Profile
Me too Judy - as long as I'm stocked up on supplies for hot cocoa and cookies LOL!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  5:53:38 PM  Show Profile
who has a beetle in their nightgown and more importantly why and how did I miss that?
inquiring minds would like to know
it was a good day today
love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  5:57:51 PM  Show Profile
That would be me, Tammy. I have beetles everywhere, want some?

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2018 :  12:30:20 PM  Show Profile
Peggy~ You are a great player at WWF and you challenge me! That's a good thing. I understand about the inheritance but fortunately we save so none of what dad left me has been touched. I do need another vehicle and we have talked about using some of it for that. Mainly because dad kept saying he was going to buy me a different one. The one I have is still in quite good shape for 14 yrs old but we would both feel better if I had something newer.

Shannon~ I am always on the lookout for the chicken hawks around here. We have the netting for the top of the chicken yard but haven't had a chance to work on getting it on there. It will take more than one person. So glad to hear they have confirmed your suspicions on the bronchitis. Also, that she is gaining. Did they give her antibiotics or something else?

Nora~ I have seen a bug that looks like a ladybug but they are orange not brown. Have never heard that they bite. We have those horrid stink bugs in the fall and winter. Sometimes they are around all year. Nasty smelling things when you kill them and I've heard that if you kill them the scent draws more.
Glad the fox have moved on and away from your chickens.

Jamie~ I used to work at a Hallmark store. It was just a little one and I dreaded seeing the holidays come. We had stuff for Christmas out as we put away the Halloween. People would be looking for it by then. Seems like Thanksgiving was always lost in the shuffle. I am happy every time Fall comes around that I am no longer working there. I did enjoy the people I worked with and the friends I made. We all still keep in touch. Sometimes we go out to lunch together.

I spent those two weeks of October in Ohio and missed a bit of Fall here, but it was gorgeous there! Today was beautiful and I am hoping for more sunshine and cool temps the end of this week. I always feel like doing more when the weather cools down.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2018 :  6:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Well, I spent 2 weeks in NC with my sis in law. Love and miss my mountains! We had a good visit, when she wasn't working. I helped her get organized, so it kept me busy during the day. Enjoyed our popcorn and Christmas movies on Hallmark. oh yaa…

Now, back home and getting ready for other sis in law n brother in law to visit me next week. My son, Jared is coming down with them and we are celebrating turkey day on Saturday. Can't wait to see more family. It's also time to make the annual fruitcake that I started when my kids were small. Mine has NONE of that so called "fruitcake mix" in it! It's all sweet things like dates, dried pineapple, candied cherries and pecans with a base of real butter, flour and eggs. My kids look forward to it in their cookie boxes each Christmas.

Time to nest on the couch and find a good movie. Tea has been tasting good all day and now it's 40, so maybe hot cocoa? We shall see. Take care girlies and stay warm.. ta ta..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2018 :  07:37:19 AM  Show Profile
Patsy,
I think I am the odd duck in our family because I love fruitcake!
My aunt used to make the beast but she didn't make the traditional fruitcake. She used her applesauce cake recipe and improvised it to add in fruit and nuts. It was so good and moist. More like cake than the other kind. I would love to get her recipe. Love those Hallmark movies! I haven't seen any of the new ones yet.

Yesterday I piddled/puttered around. Last night I had 3 phone calls. Everyone seems to call the same day. I was on with my dd from 6- 7:30. Baby is doing good. Learning or trying to get a schedule/pattern going for their family now.

Then before we were done my brother called. He had his DNA done and was sharing the results with me. The only thing I didn't know was that we are Swedish. Probably where the blues eyes and blond hair come from but we are also Dutch so who knows.

A message came from my nephew while talking to my brother so got off the phone with him at 9 and called my nephew. He just needed someone to listen and some encouragement. It was good but I didn't get to sleep till after 11 when we hung up.

I had a terrible leg cramp this morning. I was surprised because for three days now I have only been drinking water. Need more exercise I think. Woke a little tired this morning but heading to the Amish market to pick up a few things. Then I am coming back to work on some more freezer meals.
Hope everyone is having a great day!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 09 2018 07:38:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2018 :  12:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Denise...I am with you girlfriend, I am so tired today that I feel like I should just call it quits and go take a little nap. Up later than usual
and up early. I'm always messed up with the time change.

Judith...if you are lurking Sweety, I loved the Birthday Puzzle. I can't quit laughing over it. So, my problem, especially on The Porch! LOL
And the Lovely Card, and Sweet Pansy you made!! Made my day!!! <3

Patsy...I always have loved Fruitcake. My grandmother always made hers from scratch too and she would soak it in a rum wrap and leave it in a
dark closet for a month or more. Then pkg it up and send them to family for Christmas Gifts. We always looked forward to them. So Yummy! I have
to agree that the Apple Cake Base that Denise was talking about sounds fabulous too. My Family never would have thought of shooting Grandma's
Fruit Cake in a Catapult like they do around here every year. LOL How RUDE!!

Nora...those Beetles don't sound like FUN! We have a black Beetle around here the looks like a worm but it has a hard shell...and they curl up into balls. They
are usually found around wood piles. One year my husband and I stacked our wood pile against the kids bedroom as it was a room that was not attached to our house.
You just stepped out the back door and took about 10 steps and you were there. But that year the kids kept complaining about those darn black beetles. So, I said,
Well, take the broom out there and sweep them up. They said, "Mom there are too many!" I kind of laughed at them but when they headed off to school I went out to
their room to check out the situation and Oh, My Gosh...there were thousands upon thousands of those nasty things all over their floor. It was the grossest thing
I had ever seen. Took me hours to vacuum them all up. Gives me the shivers to even think about that. My Poor Boys!

Teacher Tammy...I'm so glad that you had a good day! Praise the Lord for the Blessings of each good day!!!

Shannon...I had read yours and Heathers posts on the last page but don't want to go back and refresh my Memory for fear of losing this post. Glad your little one is
thriving now. How about you? Have they figured out your Medical Problems? I think a lot of your problems are from the stress of worry about your little ones and keeping
a large family running smoothly. You knock my socks off with all you get accomplished girlfriend.

OK, I'm going to leave you with a funny from my almost 3 year old grand-daughter Savannah. She was sitting on her potty chair this morning (she rarely uses it) and she
yells to my son..."Daddy, I went pee!!!" So, he goes in and says, "Good Girl Savannah...you know what? You just earned A Trip to go get a Frozen Yogurt Treat tonight for
you and your Brother!" She leans over and puts her elbows on her knees and says, "WHAT?????? I'm going to DISNEYLAND!" ROFLOL She is such a little corker! LOL

Have a Great Weekend Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2018 :  1:13:29 PM  Show Profile

Good morning ladies! Above is a picture from my living room window this morning. Temp is 17', wind chill 1' and winds are 17 mph. Visibility has significantly decreased since then and we can't see more than half way across the field and can't see the road. The tree line is on the opposite side of the road. No idea how much snow we're expecting today but I'm feeling very blessed I don't work this weekend and can stay home and hibernate. I have my RelaxTV playing and I've got a pair of leggings and an over-sized sweater on to stay comfy. I've started on the laundry and have about 4 days of dishes in the kitchen to catch up on to occupy my time (if I can get off the couch lol).

Despite our weather we seem to be having a lot of activity with people arriving in the yard. The guy is here pumping the septic tank. The new motor I bought for it a couple months ago quit working and when Benny took it apart he found a baby wipe wrapped around it that had burned the motor up. Desi denies she or anyone over there has ever put a wipe down the toilet. To be fair it could have been there before she moved here and just worked it's way up the system with the heavier load it has now. Benny had to buy another pump and finally decided to have it pumped to make sure there's nothing else down there. The last time he did it about 2 years ago they found condoms his son and/or his buddies had been flushing in it. Of course nobody admitted to having done that either. The joys of a septic system lol

Bugs - I hate those suckers. I'd never seen them until I moved here to North Dakota, the museum was infested with them. Only a handful got into the house this fall before it got too cold, one advantage of winter lol.

Denise - I can identify with the leg pain. I've been having problems for weeks now with bouts of pain, mostly in my right leg. I'm pretty sure mine is sciatic related. I've also been having HUGE problems with my plantar fasciitis. I just bought new shoes for work and it's helped but does not alleviate it. The only pair of shoes I have that help are my Birkenstock sandals so I'm wearing those in the house today. Guess I'm going to have to make a trip to Minot to see if I can find some Birkenstock shoes/clogs for winter as I don't know what size in those I wear to order some. Of course my working 12 hour days on my feet isn't helping the situation either lol

Well I need to get to work on the dishes. Hope everybody has an awesome weekend!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2018 :  4:00:48 PM  Show Profile
Pretty as long as you can stay on the couch.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2018 :  6:44:35 PM  Show Profile
Lenora - my testaments exactly lol

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2018 :  10:05:27 AM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
It is cold and snowy here in my neck of the woods. Not kind weather to my butterfly wings. lol!!! So I think I will be staying in with a good book and big pot of tea and a blanket of course.

Celebrated my hubby's birthday this week. He cracks me up. Doesn't want fuss but he does..if you get what I mean. Just lights up when someone says happy birthday or gets a card. I just laughed. He is like a kid.

We found out this week that we might lose our house to road expansion!!! they want to make the highway by our house into four lane which puts the highway to my front door. I love my house!!!!!! Did I say love my house. We will be filing a complaint and they have to address it but there is no guarantee they will change their minds. We are not sure what we will do. We have no where to go and it affects our livestock, our 4H club animal business. It was depressing! But I am praying that God will intervene or at least show us the better plan. But did I say I love my little farm?

ok I have whined enough. I am off for now.
love to all of you
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2018 :  10:44:56 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, That is beautiful as long as it doesn't pile up LOL! We have to have our septic replaced and hoping we can get it done before too long. So many $$ as the board of health says we need a bigger one. Actually I think they don't make them this size anymore. The drain field is the problem but they have to do what the board of health says so...$$.

TLTammy,
I hate they they can do that to people. Eminent domain and all that! Of course if we really owned our properties we wouldn't being paying property tax. They just call it that so they know how to charge people based on what they have.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 11 2018 10:46:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2018 :  2:48:49 PM  Show Profile
The fox was back this morning. I'm down two more hens. Why doesn't she like roosters?

Duke making friends with the new calf. She turned away of course, she has the prettiest white face.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2018 :  5:19:57 PM  Show Profile
Wow, it's very quiet on the porch. Must be from all that turkey. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was quiet. Just me, hubby, and the in-laws. But, we still ate too much. I'm not as far along as I'd like to be with making Christmas gifts but I'm not stressing yet. I'm actually having a lot of fun with my sewing machine.

Nora - love the cow picture :) It's hard to get good shots of them. I usually have about 8-10 pictures to get one or 2 really good ones. Did you name the baby?

Here's a cute one from yesterday.

The kitten is usually in the corner of the calf hutch. I guess it wanted some cuddles LOL!!

Peggy I know you like the ornery ones so these are for you:
Every time I held the camera up this is what Alli did.

This is the best I got when I gave up:

She's so ornery but I love it.

A beautiful sunrise the other day (that's Alli peaking out of her hut)

I'm going to post this before it disappears.
Hugs to all!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2018 :  09:10:02 AM  Show Profile
Heather, luv your sweet kitten and calf photo...
Pretty much quiet over here on my snow covered porch,, but the sun is shining, so no complaints! :>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2018 :  1:03:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies...

I have been busy with my Family! We just love the Holidays...so we go out whenever we get the chance! Last night we went to dinner at Red Robin as the two
Grandma's Patti and Me had been craving Red Robin Mushroom Hamburgers. It did not disappoint! We hadn't been there in over a year. We went to one closer
to downtown Vancouver as we wanted to attend the Hilton Christmas Craft Fair and the Christmas Tree lighting. It was a good thing we didn't go to the usual
one which is closer to us because there was a high-speed car chase and arrest right there. Crazy Christmas Shoppers or something! LOL

I forgot to tell you that two weeks ago we had a lady in our Apartment Complex (who is usually very sweet as long as she stays on her meds) Stab a Man with a
butcher knife because he was parking in her space and he wasn't even a resident of the Apartments. She started out trying to stab him with a fork and he was
able to wrestle that away from her. He was just sitting in his car...so she went back in and got the butcher knife. She didn't kill him Praise God but
she was arrested for attempted murder. She was evicted from the Apartments. Then we had another scarier woman who was a Meth user and she was evicted too. So,
at least our Apartments don't put up with the Crazies because there are a lot out there.

Grace...did you guys get snow yesterday too? I was watching the Washington State football game and it was actually fun to watch them try to play in all the
snow that was coming down. The Announcer said it was snowing baseballs! LOL It sure looked like it though!

Judy...thanks for your Lovely Thanksgiving Card (both snail mail and your ECards). Did you spend another Thanksgiving eating alone down town. I'm glad that
you enjoy doing that even with hubby working. I wouldn't cook either I would go eat out.
My kids did a Fabulous Dinner at their house and we all ate way too much but boy was it good. I bought a smoked salmon and we did cheese balls, crackers and
salmon for people to snack on before the dinner came out of the oven. It was all so Wonderful! This maybe Sadie's Dads last Holidays as his cancer is
moving to other places in his body. So, we made it a great one...and he cried and got real honest (for the first time) with all of us. We knew already from
his wife, but he hadn't admitted it to himself or anyone else until Thanksgiving. It was a beautiful and touching thing! He loves his daughter so much and
just didn't want her to know how bad it is but we all knew. My husband was too sick to go. It is just sad to see them both going downhill so rapidly. But even
with all that hanging over our heads it was such a Beautiful and Loving Family Day!

Heather...I love your pictures. And yes, I love those little onery stubborn ones. That last picture that you got of her is my favorite. I will save that one. LOL
I loved the kitty cuddle picture too. Must be cold enough that it needed a little extra warmth. Very cute. And boy did you have beautiful sunrises. I know the sun
does rise but I'm never up early enough to see it. LOL

Nora...is there some way you can keep that coyote away from the hens??? A shotgun maybe. They know where a free meal is that is for sure. Yeah, why don't they eat the
Roosters? Maybe they are just too tough!? Duke looked like he loved being out there with the Farm Animals!

Prairie Tammy...Brrrrr! That picture just looked way, way, way too cold for me. We are having lots of rain the last couple weeks but it isn't too cold. You can easily
get by just wearing sweatshirts outside. And Snow is pretty but I don't want any!!! Hey, I need your new mailing address...couldn't send you a Thanksgiving Card
because I didn't have your address.

Denise...I got your lovely card too! Thanks so much. Mine were probably late to everyone because I was late. Bought the cards in early Oct. but LIFE just happens and I am slower
keeping up with it sometimes.

Teacher Tammy...you have the right idea for dealing with the cold weather...a big pot of tea and a book!! I am trying my hand at making Kombucha. I bought a kit off Amazon because I saw the Gal who offers them on an episode of Shark Tank and she mentioned she sold through Amazon. It was a very easy kit to follow and I will let you know how it
comes out. I just got a bit tired of the Dr.'s Brew prices going up and up. But I love their product! So, after paying $8.00 for the last bottle I bought I decided to try my
hand at it. I will let you know how it comes out.

OKay, I'm off to do some more shopping. I let my fingers do it all on my computer!! Have a Great Weekend!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2018 :  2:51:32 PM  Show Profile
Heather, love the sunrise, so red.
Not my calf so I haven't named her. She is really pretty.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2018 :  3:47:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Heather, loved those pics of yours. First I went awwwwww, when I saw that kitten perched on that fuzzy calf rump. Then I burst out laughing when I saw that ornery critter and her antics. What a ham!
You have another Hallmark moment there. Just needs a caption. hahaha
I could just feel the softness of that fuzzy calf neck. Brought back memories of my grandpa's farm.
So, you mean, if I got up REAL early, I would see sunrises like that here in Ohio? Ya... that's not going to happen. Hahaha. Like Peg, I'm not an early riser.
Dave was actually home this Thanksgiving, but his Jeep had issues and has to go to the garage Monday. We just stayed home for a change. It was nice and peaceful.
Peg, Thanks for the card. Loved the poem. Pat Snickers on the head for me. What a cutie he is. lol
We are having, coldcoldcold...then snow, then rain, then that unknown yellow orb pops out up in the sky
... ya typical Ohio(right Heather?)
Thank God for warm houses, blankies, hot tea and flannel ANYTHING!!! Hahaha
Make it a Great weekend Gals!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2018 :  5:42:07 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
Just popping in for a moment it is very cold here. I believe when I left for school it was 8 degrees. Yikes! I am not a cold weather butterfly lol

Peggy thank you for the card. so thoughtful. had a nice Thanksgiving and birthday over all family came for dinner those who could. said a prayer for daddy as well it was a month on Thanksgiving and that was a bit hard. I haven't been able to open his birthday present to me. He always sent at Christmas maybe I am waiting for that but I am grateful for our time together

school is crazy now with program practice and kiddos thinking they don't have to work. I clipped some wings today and left the clippers for all to see hahahahahah
well I just wanted to say hello
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2018 :  7:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Love all the pics you ladies share!

Had to laugh out loud at the picture in my mind of those clippers laying for all to see Tammy.

We had a good Thanksgiving with the family that could come. Had an ice storm that had electric off for 2 days. Didn't miss my electronics at all. Ate meals out and went to Walmart to shop. It was great! It was in the teens at night and now it's 60 PLUS! Crazy weather...

Fruitcake is made and house is decorated and tree is up. Time to start on cards, then cookies soon. Can't believe it's that time of year already!!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Love yuns...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2018 :  09:49:17 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Wow you have had some excitement going on. At least they are clearing them out for you.

Had Thanksgiving with my dd and family. Didn't hear from the Ohio family and ds was with friends but we had a good time with too much to eat.

Getting things cleaned up so I can decorate soon.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2018 :  12:55:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi sweet sisters,
It is snowing here and we are in winter storm warning until tomorrow. We are to get 6-8 inches of snow with high winds. Two weekends in a row I have not gotten to do any Christmas shopping. It is looking like online lol
I just got done grading papers and put on soup for supper. I believe will have some tea and snuggle with a good book.

Peggy, I am going to be reading one chapter of Luke each day until Christmas. SAw your post on facebook. Will be doing along with my Advent study. It has been a while since I had quiet time. Finally feeling like I am ready to let God and I meet again since my Daddy passed away.

I hope all is well with everyone.
Love and Blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  2:26:33 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...so glad that you are going to join me and others in Reading 1 Chapter In Luke everyday through Christmas Eve.
It started yesterday (Saturday). I have chosen to read it in The Message. To me the Portion of Gabriel Meeting with Mary to tell her she was
chosen of God to be the Maiden who would birth Jesus...was so beautiful in The Message! But whatever Bible you choose...God will Bless you in
the Reading of it. Maybe some of Our Porchies will join us too. The second reading is tonight or whenever you want to read it. I do it in the
morning.

Judy...can you let Patsy know that I need her to email me her current address...I got her Thanksgiving Card back. Well, we are having a Beautiful
Sunny but Cold Day here. I saw that Cj got a lot of Snow and so has Teacher Tammy. I hope we don't get any...but if we do it never lasts long. So, I'm OKay
either way. LOL

Yesterday, I spent the day with my son Shane and my two Sweet Grandkids. Oh, my gosh...they make me laugh so Much!!! And Laughter is good medicine! My
grand-daughter Savannah who turns three on the 12th of this month...has a new thing...she starts every conversation with "Oh, Grandma...I forgot to tell
you." Then my son told me that last week she grabbed Elijah by the arm and flipped him over her knee and flat onto his back. My Son saw her do that and
said, Savannah Grace that was a great Karate move; where did you learn to do that?" She said, "I learned from Grandma Peggy!" Oh, my gosh...I laughed so
hard. I asked her if she was trying to get me in trouble with daddy and Elijah, then she laughed. Gotta Love those grand-babies!!

I am watching My Seahawks...my husband is still sleeping and my son Patrick took off for places unknown. Just me and the Dog here!

Well Enjoy Your Lord's Day Girls!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2018 :  1:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful pictures Heather.
Tammy, I have been doing a lot of my shopping online. Finally finished and working on decorating the tree tonight.

I am reading Luke also each day.
Would love some snow here. I doubt we will have any for Christmas though. Have never had it for Christmas in the 20 years we have lived here so I don't expect to. Even so it is cold.
Going to settle in with a cup of tea, a throw and a book after supper tonight.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 03 2018 1:29:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2018 :  5:25:39 PM  Show Profile
I joined in reading Luke, also.
I finished my decorating and about half my shopping.
I spent the afternoon trying to fix my chicken yard so they cannot fly out, I lost a rooster this morning and a hen on Friday. I will have to keep them in an enclosure for a while. They won't be happy.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page