Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2018 :  5:55:45 PM  Show Profile
Maybe I'll like them some day Peggy, I'm not an auditory learner though. I'm much more visual but love to read. Hearing it I am easily distracted and can't follow well. I am ok if I can SEE the person talking in a seminar, training or on video, but just listening doesn't go well.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  09:37:07 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - Yes she had a baby girl within the last 3 months. The father of the baby is in prison --- got sentenced in May or June to 3 yrs for theft and arson then he also attacked a prison guard so I'm hoping he'll be charged for that as well. He's got something like 15 felonies on his record now - a real winner. I forgot to mention that we discovered she'd taken chopped chunks out of Jasper's hair. It looked like a kid had taken a pair of scissors to his head and cut two chunks out. He couldn't do it because he doesn't have the dexterity yet for scissors. Jordon had to give him a close clipped haircut to fix it.

I had the hair issue wrapping around the baby toes several times. A huge issue since I have waist length hair so there's a lot to get wrapped. I tried to remember to check daily.

Shannon - I got my tea packet and brought it up to the farm. Hopefully I can try at least one of the teas. I also hung the tuck on the tree LOL

Today temps are supposed to be in the 20's so somewhat of a heat wave. We didn't get to Minot yesterday as they worked on the bus for the bus for the trip so we're heading out shortly to go.

I let Jasper open his presents last night. Right after we got here he found Benny had left him 2 boxes of little tiny tractor's. He was sooo excited he had to open them immediately lol He's been playing with them since. When I let him open his presents you should of seen how he was tossing items out of a bag until he got to the skid steer when his face lit up. Boys I got him a pair of bib snow pants and he kept putting them on and taking them off last night. Benny was getting a good chuckle of watching him. LOL He's so energetic. Dustin and I keep laughing at his stunts this morning and commenting we wished we had his energy. He actually slept almost 12 hours straight and didn't wake up at all during the night.

Well I need to get some lunch fixed before we go. Hope everybody has a great Sunday!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  4:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sonday ladies,
Just thought I would fly in for a few before getting ready for the week ahead. After two weeks of sub zero weather, we had a temp of 40 today. It felt like a regular heatwave. It was nice to see sun and the snow melt. We are expecting a storm later this week but today was delightful.

I am anxious to get back to bible study this week. We have had a three week break which was nice but time to get back at it.
Helped hubby catch up in the barn. We have lots of baby pigs being born right now. We will sell later for 4H projects, but my goodness it is a lot of work right now for hubby and he is gone a lot with wrestling and his school activities too. But somehow we make it work. Of course I always have wondered why God couldn't have let pigs smell better hahah the thoughts that wander through my mind.

well just wanted to say hello. hope you have a great evening and a marvelous Monday.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  4:34:10 PM  Show Profile
Had our last holiday dinner today. Smaller turn out than usual. So many of the grandchildren don't come to these events after they move out of their parents house. One aunt is getting ready to have a hip replaced so she didn't drive down for it. The food was good as usual.
Sounds like Jasper is at a great age to put excitement in everything.
Hope anyone who is under the weather are soon better.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  01:04:40 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina...I'm the Queen of Visual Learning!!! That is why it took me awhile to learn to listen to a book on Audio. I would get so easily distracted. But
Once I got my Fitbit and started walking 5 miles a day...and got a bit bored...I once again tried the Audio books and WaLa...Miracle of Miracles the Visual
Learner can learn to "LISTEN" also...and enjoy it. At first I would drift a bit in my head...but when I found myself doing that I would just go back and re-
listen to what I missed. And sometimes I would listen to a book while playing a game and fall asleep doing both. I have had to start chapters over.
But it is so easy to do once you are use to it. My Preference is still reading over listening but I have listened to well over 150 books now...and enjoyed them
immensely!

Prairie Tammy...I too forgot about Jasper's little Sister. Hopefully the Father will still behind bars! And he won't be an issue. That is weird that she cut his
hair in patches. Maybe she gave him gum or candy and didn't want to bathe him to get it out. She definitely won't get Mother Of The Year...EVER! I am so happy
that you love Jasper and are such a Good Grandma. He is blessed to have you in his Little Life and your Son as his daddy. Maybe eventually Jordan will get full
custody of him and Mama will move on with her other child.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, the little piggies sound cute...but I know they grow up to be big piggies and those I don't like!! My husband use to tell me about the Farmers in The Midwest who let their pigs wander through the house. I'm sorry...that's Where my Farmgirl Life and City Life would collide and explode. LOL I want no critters
in my house but my DOG! And maybe a bird or fish but that is it! ~ I hope we get to start Bible Study this week too. Ours got canceled last week by the gal who
Hostesses it. Which was Okay because so many in the Group were still fighting the Cold/Flu thing. My throat is still burning and hurts. And my mouth keeps getting so dry even drinking a ton of water, tea, and coffee. The Tea really seems to dry my mouth out the worst. I went back to using Biotene Gel . When I first got my upper
denture I had to use it because it made my mouth dry. Haven't had to use it in about 4 or 5 years but I still had some on hand...and it is helping. I just want this
stuff to be gone. My kids and grandkids are still sick too. I haven't seen them since Christmas Day.

Nora...it is sad when Family Members quit coming to Family Events. But My Motto is Enjoy The Ones who suit up and show up and forget the rest. LOL
How are Duke and The Cat??? I bet you spend a lot of time just watching those two. My Scottie just turned 8 yesterday! He is slowing down and sleeping
about as much as my husband does. LOL Not Really!

I got the Tree down last night and all the rest of the Christmas Decor down and put away today. Valentine's Decor comes out Tomorrow....I hope. We have
a Dr. Appointment tomorrow to go to at 2:00. I'm thinking by the time I get home I will need a Nap. So Hopefully I will get the Valentine stuff up before
we go.There isnt' all that much...just eneough to make my heart happy!

OK Ladies...I'm off to bed. More Later.

Sleep Tight and Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  4:28:27 PM  Show Profile
LOL Peggy. It WOULD be nice if I could do it because I could have it playing while I'm doing all sorts of other things. I have found I like audio dramas ok so maybe that is the gateway to true audiobooks. Just listening to someone READ isn't that awesome. Maybe if it was the right narrator....

Started potty training the toddler today. That is never the most fun thing but only two accidents so he did pretty well. Hopefully we are good by the end of the week. I always wait until they are older than most people try so it doesn't take long (he is nearly 3). Working on getting baby to sleep better too....he has started the night in his crib the last two nights and took a nap in it for a bit today. I'm trying to get him on a better schedule/routine so he actually goes to bed and nap at a predictable time. I really need some down time again!!! Unfortunately, Dan (the almost-three-year-old) is trying to give up his nap :/ sigh.

Well, our routine today went ok. Not perfect but pretty well and now I'm taking some downtime. Hubby should walk through the door any minute, the boys have already been bathed and are in PJs and the house is picked up. He can put the kids in bed and I will read or crochet!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  5:18:12 PM  Show Profile
Happy Monday yall,
Peggy are you impressed...lol ...I have managed to fly in two days in a row. That is pretty good for these butterfly wings. It was a beautiful day here. Basically the calm before the storm that is drop temps again and bring snow. Yikes !!!!! this cold weather..
But I have stacked up on books and cross stitch if we get a day where there is no snow. Of course tea as well.

Sabrina, you crack me up. I love reading your posts. Glad your routine went ok today. Hope you get to crochet or read.

WEll ladies, I just wanted to fly in and say hello now I am flying out and saying goodby sleep tight see you after while crocodile...oh I am outta here

love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7507 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7507 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  7:13:54 PM  Show Profile
I went to see my beautiful family and granddaughters up in Washington for Christmas and met a very beautiful Farm sister up there, we had a good long visit over coffee, what fun! Thanks Peggy, it was great!

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  10:37:24 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Hey Darlene...I Love when you come on The Porch for a little Chat!!! It was fun wasn't it???

Teacher Tammy...I am very impressed Girl!! Woot Woot!!! Did you have a snow day Monday?? Boy some of the States are just
getting The Snow Bomb that is for sure. I'm just glad it isn't WA State. LOL I did get to test out my new snow boots this
year however. For 3 days NOT 3 months like some of you! LOL

Sabrina...I forgot to mention that I only listen to FICTION Audio Books...any other kind would put me to sleep! LOL
Well, My Son is Vacuuming for me...that is a first. Must be pretty bad around here. I was waiting for my husband to go to his Dr. Appointment and my son to take off for the day before I did that little chore. I can't work around 2 men and a dog in a little apartment. Anyway...I will take any offered Help and Not Complain!
I count it a Major Blessing!

Well, I need to have some Papa Time. More Later Girlies!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 09 2018 10:40:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7507 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7507 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  9:39:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy, yes it was fun! Battleground only had snow on the ground through Christmas I think, that was ok with me but it was pretty. What audio books do you like are they on cassette?
let me know Someone left Michael Connelly's The Narrows in the Post office, it is 11 hours unabridged on 7 cassettes and they look relatively new. Interested?

Hugs

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  11:59:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene...thanks for offering them (I do really like Michael Connelly) but I download Audible Books onto my Iphone or Tablet and listen
that way. I never use CD's or Cassettes. But so sweet of you to think of me girlfriend! I have to admit that I stay on top of all the latest
techie stuff for an Old Lady! LOL I often know things ahead of my kids...which they just can't believe sometimes. LOL

I use to live in Battle Ground too Darlene...I don't know if I shared that with you or not!!! We lived in a Senior Estates there behind Fred Meyer
...it was brand new when we moved into there. But people died in there too often. In the 3 yrs we were there almost a dozen people died there.
And these people had become my friends. I was in my early 50's and I told my husband I just was too young to be around so much death. So,
I moved us back into Vancouver...with my youngest sons help. I still feel too young to deal with that much death! LOL We have a huge variety of ages
in the Apartments we live in now. And Our Apartment Unit is by the kids playground...so I feel better with all that youth and energy around me.

Hope you weren't too tired when you got back home Darlene. I'm sure you probably had to go back to work on Monday. Take Care and have a Great rest of
your week.

Love and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  1:12:10 PM  Show Profile
How nice for you that you got to meet Darlene, Peg! That had to be a blast.
Dave and I were the first in our whole family to get Amazon 'Alexis'. We got them for Christmas for ourselves. No more missed appointments, no more missed items on my grocery/shopping list. She's my timer when I need one and I play music thru her and ask for a bedtime story or a book in the Bible and she reads it to me. I ask her for the weather daily and the news. She tells me a joke and stories and tongue-twisters(to keep the mind sharp). She spells words for me when they don't look right to me. She tells me the meaning of words I don't know when I'm reading. It's an amazing device. We got one for Patsy so she won't feel so alone and for Dave's mum so she can ask the time and date(which she does over and over...she's in that stage in her life). It also turns certain lights on before I start up the stairs...or if the plug-in is in a tight area... like my fairy-lights I have around L-room ceiling. We got the special plugs, cheap when we got Patsy's and Bev's Alexa.
It's quite handy!
We are experiencing warmer temps today, 48 and gray. I actually ventured out yesterday for the first time in quite awhile. It's just been too cold to run around. It was in the 30's yesterday but to everyone I spoke too... it felt balmy. Hahaha that's Ohioans for ya... we're a tuff bunch!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  3:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Jay's came down over the week-end to give her dad some "good" news. She's going to have a baby in August. Such good news except she is extremely over weight. Each time we see her you can tell she's gained even more. She's a nursing student - we hoped that would help her lose some, but no.

She brought her Pit bull with her and she and played all week-end. Duke is still looking for her I think. Every noise he hears he's up on the arm of the chair looking.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  7:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies. We got dumped with about 5-6" of white stuff last night. Nasty leaving work with all the drifting. Winds were gusting over 40 mph. Had today off so I shoveled the driveway and steps, worked on packing up the craft room and also did an application for a nursing home. It took me 2.5 hours to complete a stupid application - insane! What drives me even more nuts is they have you do the online applications and then want a written one when you interview so you have to fill out the form AGAIN. I'm sure it's some stupid reason like they're checking to see if you falsified the first one and don't put the same information. I've spent too much time on the computer and I'm getting a headache. Need to probably fix myself something to eat too.

Temps are dropping again and are supposed to be back down into the -40's (yes negative lol). By the time we leave on vacation temps are supposed to be at least in the teens thankfully.

Lenora - Duke sounds like he's adorable to watch.

Audiobooks - I love them although haven't had much time to listen to them lately. Like Peggy I use Audible mostly for them. I got a deal for 12 audiobooks for $99 and couldn't pass it up, $10 per audiobook is hard to come by although they do frequently have specials for cheaper ones and I'll just pay those directly and not use my Audible balance. I also use the Overdrive app through the library to listen to books for free. I have to be working on something to listen typically, love to listen while I'm knitting or working on rugs. Soon I can enjoy this again LOL

Well looks like I may be babysitting lil dude so his dad can go out. Have a great weekend everybody if I don't get back on!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  10:35:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Long time no see LOL!! It's been crazy around here, but I only have a minute. I decided (for some crazy reason) that it was a good idea to make lap quilts for my family from my Grandpa's shirts (10 of them) and crochet afghans for hubby's family (5 of them) for Christmas gifts. Needless to say I didn't get any computer time for a while! Oh well. I managed to get them done and everyone loved them so it was worth it.

Judy - I wondered if you were out running around in the 50 degree weather LOL!!

It's been cold here too, but not -40 Tammy! We had our diesel fuel gel up in the skid loader because the fuel company wasn't ready for this weather yet. I love that your little guy is excited about his new farm toys.

Peggy - how is your husband doing? I'm glad you got to meet a farmgirl! I have several on my "one day" list. I haven't been on here for a while - did I miss this years tea swap?

Sabrina - I hope your schedule settles in for you. I love to crochet for relaxation too. The only problem is when I do it at night I find counting stitches a little too relaxing and have fallen asleep!

Nora - congrats on the new baby. Is this Jay's first grandbaby?

Well, I know this is short, but I need to find something to go with left over roast for lunch. I'll hopefully be back more often.
Hugs,

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  12:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sonday Girls...

Heather...so good to have you back! I thought with all the cold and snow you were busier with the Farm Life. Wow...I bet your family ALL felt blessed
by your Christmas Gifts. Hard work on your behalf but gifts of LOVE like that are so Special. NO, you didn't miss Out on The Tea Swap this
year. We decided to take a year long break and then next year we would all be dying to do it again. I even actually cleaned out my Tea and Coffee
Cupboard and re-organized my mugs and everything. So...I think a break has been a good thing for me. But like someone else said...I will miss getting
Lovely Mail Once a Month in my Mail box. LOL It was really nice to meet Darlene. I have only had two Farmgirl Meet and Greets over the many years that
I have been a Farm Sister. So...it was Special!!

Nora...so Happy that there is going to be a Baby in your near Future! Soooooo FUN!! Grandkids are THE BEST!!!

Prairie Tammy...Oh my YOUR COLD Temperatures sound Horrid!!! That reminds me of Living in Montana when I was a kid. Brrrrrrrrrr!!
Are you still on Target to move to the Farm next month??? Or will you try to move sooner? How will that work out with having
your grandson?

Judy...I love my Alexa too. But I don't use her enough. I need to get back to using her for more than just a timer. LOL Elijah was
afraid of her...so I stopped using her for awhile. So funny...but Elijah had a dream that Alexa grew Arms and Legs and was chasing
hime around. So when he would come over...he would say, "Shhhh Grandma...don't talk to Alexa!" Kids are so precious! But if he wants
to hear music then he will talk to her. LOL

I got to be with my darling grandkids and kids yesterday. First time since Christmas Day...as we have all been so sick. Still not totally
well, but working on getting there. I am going to my Dr. tomorrow.

OK...my head is throbbing so I'm getting off for now.

Love, Hugs and SUMMER PLEASE,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 14 2018 12:31:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  3:44:41 PM  Show Profile
It will be Jay's first true grandchild. His son gets together with women that have children. His current one has two.

It was nice here a couple of days but cold again.

We lost electric to our water pump on Wednesday night and didn't get it back until yesterday. A wire up at the wellhead had burned out. My oldest cat drinks from bathroom sink. I couldn't get water to come out of the faucet. She was a very unhappy kitty. It rained so I caught gutter water for the toilet. Fun. I told Jay it was good practice for my tiny house after he kicks the bucket.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  4:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Great to see you Heather!!

Been busy around here the last few days. I've taken advantage of hubby having a 4-day weekend. Friday I crammed in a bunch of blog work and some OCC organizing. Saturday I had an OCC event and a team meeting. The event went well, we had about 15 people and maybe 4 or 5 expressed an interest in joining the year-round team! The more team members I have the more the work is spread out!! I will be following up with them this week. Today we had church, then small group, then I took Syd to youth group. Getting the kids ready for bed now then hopefully I can get back to my crocheting lol. It amazes me how Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest but they get filled with church activities.....which is it supposed to be???? We are currently trying to figure out what to do about Sundays. Our current small group meets for lunch 2 Sundays a month, we like the people but the time isn't good for the little boys because they miss a nap. So we may be looking at other options.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with a lady who is interested in volunteering with OCC. She has volunteered before and I hope she will come back on the team. And I'm hoping to get a couple more blog posts written before hubby goes back to work. He already told me he will have a busy week this week with late nights so the more I get done the better.

It is cold here, we got a "winter storm" Thursday morning, all the schools closed and even the army base "shut down" (it didn't literally shut down but only essential people had to go in to work), unfortunately hubby still had to go in because there were a few things that HAD to be done. Then last night it snowed a few more inches we woke up to snow on everything including the roads. It looks like it is going to be more of the same the rest of this week.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  11:32:21 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon gals! It's only -11 today, not sure of wind chill but its cold! Didn't want to get out of bed.

This weekend I listed my treadmill for sale and sold it! I was so happy to get the space back. Thought about listing the camper but will wait until we get back. I listed a dog ramp but haven't had any interest on that so I may list it on other sales sites.

Gearing up for the big vacation. Worked with Benny's sister-in-law, Geneva, who is coming on the trip to figure out menus so we don't have to go and eat out every morning and night (typical of what they the guys do lol). I have tomorrow off so I'm going to go grocery shopping and get packed. The bus is acting up so we may end up taking multiple vehicles and towing trailers with the sleds on them. I'm hoping he'll make the decision about the bus soon since it will affect what I buy since he wanted me to have sandwiches and chips and dips for everybody on the bus. If we're not taking the bus we'll probably end up stopping for food so I don't want to take more food then we'll need. Most of them eat granola bars on their sleds for lunch but I'm not a big granola bar gal so I'm trying to figure out what to take and put in my backpack to eat. Did I mention we're going to West Yellowstone Park now? There's not been enough snow at Island Park and it's powdery so they changed locations.

Heather - I use to do insane things like that. Haven't had time in a long time. I sort of got the idea in November of doing an afghan for Benny and then did a reality talk with myself lol Next year. Did you decide not to relocate? I thought you were thinking about relocating to another state. Since you haven't been on in a while were you aware I'm moving to a farm!!! My boyfriend owns the family homestead and land that's been in the family for over 100 years. He use to dairy farm but got out of that.

PeggyAnn - yes I'm still on target for moving next month, just not sure if it will be the beginning or end of month. I notified the rental company that I'll be out by Feb. 28th. Not sure how we'll work things with Jasper. Jordon finally started getting some assistance so he could probably afford to pay for a babysitter every weekend but we enjoy having him up there. We may just end up meeting half way and getting him that way. Jordon doesn't like long drives so half way would be better for him. I haven't notified work yet.

Sabrina - what is the Homemaker's Bookclub?

Well need to get ready for work. Have a great day everybody and enjoy a hot cup of tea or hot chocolate!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  12:00:18 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies,

I am getting ready to head out soon for my Dr. Appointment. I have to drive clear across the city and it takes me a good 30 minutes to get there if the traffic
is good. The day has started out sunny but by the time I leave from the Dr. back home it is suppose to be raining...and then rain off and on all week.

Prairie Tammy...Your Vacation Sounds like FUN. Take lots of pictures with your phone to share with us. I haven't been to Yellowstone for years and years.
You probably won't have Bear problems since they are hibernating this time of year. But you should see lots of other wild animals. ~ How is the Job hunting
going??? Well, I pray this move turns out to be a good one for you and that Benny is your Happy Ever After Guy!

Sabrina...you still sound sooooooooooo busy girl! I use to think that Sunday was way too busy of a day too! Kind of lost God's calling for it to be a day
of Rest. So, when our last Son was still in High School we would let him go hang with his friends from Church and I used the afternoon for a nice long Nap!
Sometimes my hubby would have to do an Emergency Counseling Session...but other than that we just kept the afternoons Free. After our nap we would often
take a nice ride into the Mountains and enjoy God's Beautiful Creation.

Nora...I'm with you on the Tiny Home Idea. IF and when I find myself by myself...I would love to move into a Tiny Home. Not so much to take care of and everything
in it's proper place. Sounds like Heaven doesn't it???

OK Ladies, I'm off for now. Have A Great Monday!!!

Love and Squishes,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  3:26:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! We are getting hammered with snow again. 1-3 inches by tonight. At least it got up in the upper 20's. That's good.
By the weekend it's suppose to turn to rain and rain for a couple of days.
Poor hubby drives 45 minutes to work, one-way. He doesn't mind as much as I do. I'm always hammering on Gods door, bugging Him to get Dave there and bring him home safely. I'm sure God just says, "Yes Judy, I know!" *giggle*
I've been drinking so much tea lately, I'm floating. I'm trying to clean out my stash too(no pun intended). Actually I don't use much Stash tea. I'm a Republic of Tea gal myself. *giggle* I've actually filled gallon and half-gallon jars with teas I've mixed to get great flavor combinations like mixed fruit, chocolate mint, mixed mints, mixed black teas. It's fun to create.
Well, I'd better go shovel some sidewalks.
Stay warm and hydrated Porches!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  5:50:03 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Jay's been delivering out in Cincinnati. He said it was starting to snow but he has frozen pizza on so he's got a little weight. My fingers are always crossed also. Be careful shoveling. We may get a little tomorrow.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  11:55:11 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I noticed your New Tag Line (maybe because I changed my own) but I had to laugh at yours! You always crack me up girl!!
Be careful with that Snow Shoveling...it's like Housework...If done Properly it can kill you! No...really...I do worry about
us older gals doing strenuous stuff like that especially if the Snow is too heavy.

Nora...Sometimes it is the Other Drivers spinning out of control that you need to worry more about. I was raised in Eastern WA
where they get lots of snow...so I learned to drive in it! But here when we get snow...the whole city shuts down. The freak out
driving in it and they cause lots of accidents. They will literally close down all the Schools for just a skiff of snow on the
Ground. I do have to agree that Our Black Ice and Freezing Rain can be a Hazard especially over the Bridges and in the Hills.
But for the most part my husband and I just watch out for all the stupid drivers who don't know how to cope with a little snow
on the roads.

Had a good Dr. Appointment yesterday. He said the Flu/Cold thing did not go into my lungs...which is what I wanted to hear. He wants
me to do an entire list of Other Appointments however. How come that always happens? You go in for one thing and they set you on
the Road to five other appointments with other Dr.'s That's why I avoid going to the Dr. in the First Place. LOL Even though my
Dr. is more of a Friend than just our Dr. In fact when he came in to the room he immediately came over and gave me a big hug and
wished me Happy New Year. And he always checks on how Larry is doing and how our son in prison is doing...and I spend most of the Visit
going over the Family with him. LOL

OK...I think I'm going to go take a mile walk and start getting back into walking when it isn't raining. More Later Gators!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  2:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Peg! I love yours too! THAT is so... um... YOU!!! I'm so sick of "Love you to the moon n back!" *giggle*
E-mail me sometime and let me know how that son of yours is doing in jail. I've been wondering, but you've been under so much stress I didn't want to bother you. After I sent out my Christmas cards I realized I forgot his. SO sorry! He really needs cards now and then. I need his address again in case it's not the one I have. I'm like you I avoid the Dr at all cost. My uncle keeps telling me that I need to go once a year just because... to which I reply, "Bite me"... if ya go, they just find something(s) wrong... even if there ain't nuttin!!! It's their job... "NO!!!"
When Mama passed away at 86(LOVE YOU MAMA)... nobody could believe she didn't go to doctors all the time, didn't take perscriptions, didn't use a walker and wasn't afraid to walk to the store by herself... just because of her age! WHAT!!!
....AND...I am my mothers daughter!! When it's time to go... we just GO! Get the call... drop it and run!
We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts! A little Hillbilly, a little Indian a little Irish/Wales and a WHOLE lotta God!
Hey... I see my next Tag-Line!
Stay warm n dry Porch-Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  6:34:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
Just trying to keep my wings warm. With the wind chill today it was -25 degrees. Yikes that was cold. A lot of schools closed but not mine. We had below 0 temps for the past two days. I thought today we should not have school with so many families traveling to school. But we did. We are supposed to get a few days of warmer temps before the next storm hits on Sunday. Can I just say I hate cold weather. I am ready for spring.

I hope everyone else is staying warm. Been reading and doing some cross stitch and I ordered a whole new slew of new teas to try in this colder weather. Might as well keep the teapot humming.
well ladies I am off to warm my wings with some evening tea and a good book.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page