Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  6:57:54 PM  Show Profile
We have schools closing because of the flu. They also called off school for tomorrow and not one snow flake yet.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  7:07:20 PM  Show Profile
Evening gals! It's frigid cold to put it mildly here lol. OMG I thought I was going to have frostbite walking to the Jeep after work last night. It was like -13 but wind chill was like -47. Scrubs are not designed for this type of weather. I'm amazed that we aren't all sick from being in such a hot working environment and then going outside. Did you gals know that it's law that nursing homes have to be between 75 and 85 degrees? It's like working in a sauna. We're dripping sweat and the residents are complaining they're cold and want more blankets.

Woke up with a headache about 5 this morning. Put some Young Living Stress Away EO on and went back to sleep. Woke up with most of it gone thankfully although it was nearly 10 by the time I woke up. Got my new driver's license today. Realized a couple days ago mine was expired (whoops) and figured I better get that rectified. Walked past a friend's salon and decided to see if she had time to do a trim on my hair. I think she took 3" off even though I said 2". Benny's never said much about my hair so I didn't think he had a preference. When I Snapchatted him I'd gotten a haircut I got a very quick response back "You better not of" LOL. I assured him it was only a couple inches. Made a double batch of Crispix mix for the trip and went and got most of the supplies. Need to start getting my suitcase packed tonight too.

Judy - it's funny you mentioned being mixed breed pups. My mom was adopted and never wanted to know about her family but recently thought she'd like to find out what her DNA showed about her so my uncle got her a kit to do for Christmas. The results were 97% Great Britian and 3% European. Surprised us all as we expected more of a mutt pedigree. I'd secretly hoped for Irish, Italian and Indian to be in the background LOL I'd considered doing one to find out what mix I was since we hadn't know mom's background. I still might as I'm curious what my sperm donor's German is mixed with.

For my tea ladies - how long can you keep tea that hasn't been opened? I have a ton I bought of loose tea before we left Michigan (over 5 years ago) that are still unopened. Toss or use? I really need to start using up my stash or if it's too old to toss it. What about opened teas? I have those canisters I brought back from the Grand Hotel that I haven't used and some bags of loose tea that were opened but not totally used up.

Anybody know of a good way to sell books? I need to start destashing my bookcases too.

PeggyAnn - I'll try to remember to ask the rest of the group to take pics that include me. I'd like to get some with Benny and I together too. I promise to post lol

Good night everybody!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2018 :  06:43:13 AM  Show Profile
In our area facebook has sell sites on it. You post a picture and a price for articles and people in your area sees it and if interested contact you and set up the sale. I would set a meet somewhere instead of bringing complete strangers to my home.

The internet says loose tea stay in its original quality for 18 - 24 months then starts going downhill.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2018 :  1:41:10 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon My Porchies...I just did a stupid thing. I know that you are ALL SHOCKED BY THAT! ROFLOL
I started answering Prairie Tammy's question on tea and then commented on Nora's
tea stuff and then noticed by the comments that there might have been more posts after mine on the previous page...so I went back and read those and came back to this last page...forgetting that it would erase everything I had typed...so, I'm starting
over. LOL Gotta Love the Fibro Fog when it kicks in!

Prairie Tammy...you can keep unopened loose tea or unopened tea bags for years. But once you have opened them the flavor will
start getting funky after a year or so. The 18-24 months is probably pretty darn accurate! But test it yourself by brewing
a cup. If it tastes good and flavorful then use it. ~ Thanks for agreeing to share pictures...and for sure get some of you
and Benny together! ~ I am so shocked how much of a deep freeze so many states have been in this Winter. Wearing Scrubs...
does not sound like you would stay too warm girl..even just going to your car and then the time it takes your car to warm up.
If I were you I would keep a blanket in my car to throw over my legs once I hopped in. Brrrrr! ~ My Mom wants to do that whole
DNA thing too. I'm thinking about getting her a kit for her 85th Birthday in April so she can do hers. We already know that we
are English, Irish, Scottish, and American Indian. So, I'm not sure what else she thinks it will show. But Hey, I figure if
she has lived 85 years and wants confirmation...then so be it!

Judy...That tag line is soooooooooooooo ME huh? I need to make a poster with that saying on it! I'm with you also...I
too am tired of I Love You To The Moon and Back! I laughed at your whole mixed breed thing too! And I also saw a future
tag line there. So, how come you haven't put it up yet??? LOL ~ I don't mind mentioning Daniel's prison stay on here but
I will send you the latest update from my husband. Daniel will be released in July to a half-way House in Spokane (I hope)
and he will do his last 6 months there. Which will allow him to see his family etc. He is still fighting an appeal because
he wants his good name back and he wants the Felony Charges Dropped. Only in America do we send people to jail who haven't
committed a crime. Right now his case is before a panel of 29 Judges...and that only happened because we got a petition
going and over 3,000 people signed it. If it was me...I would just be thankful that my 3 1/2 yrs was almost up and get out
and NOT look back. But he wants JUSTICE! I think only God provides true justice and in his time not ours. But Daniel will
not give up trying to clear himself. I don't know if his marriage is going to survive all of this...but I pray so. It has
really taken it's toll.

Teacher Tammy...I hope you have gotten your wings warmed up! Hot Tea, a comforter, and a good book helps I'm sure! I am so
hoping that My Bible Study actually happens tomorrow!! The flu has been brutal in our state this year. I am just happy to
be almost over mine completely. Still have the cough and a touch of an ear infection left. My youngest son has really battled
it and his entire family. They are like me...on the down side of a slippery slope. What are you reading...inquiring minds want
to know. I have been listening to more books than reading as I love to listen both when I walk and when I work my Diamond Paintings. Please keep my son Pat who is living with us...in your prayers. We have passed the honeymoon phase and now
that he is around a lot more...we are starting to clash again. Yesterday he was swearing about something and I asked him
not to swear. He said,"Mom, I'm an Adult...I can swear if I want to!" I said, Yes, but this is my home, and I'm asking you
not to." For over a year he respected that but now he doesn't care. He also thinks it's ok to tell me how to cook something,
or not to do this or that just because it is different than how he does it. O' Lord have Mercy!

Stay Warm and Cozy UP with your fur-babies, something warm to drink and a good book or craft project!

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2018 :  6:33:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi my sweet ladies,
hope all are doing well today. We made it above zero today. You would have thought it was spring. But after the last few days it felt so nice.
We have a lot of illness at our school right now. I had 4 butterflies out I have not had my whole class since we came back from Christmas. Tonight I am cooking 3 chickens for soup and sloppy joe luncheon. The teachers makes soup, sloppy joes, and dessert and do a bake sale for fundraiser.

Peggy I just finished up Pride and Prejudice...you know I have to read at least once a year. Getting ready to begin The Edge of my Dreams a Molly Murphy Mystery by Rhys Bowen. Never read her books but it looks interesting Will have to see.

I just thought I would pop in real quick and say hello.
love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2018 :  7:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Tammy-it is a book club I'm running on FB, still playing around with names, I don't really like that one but it gets the idea across. I actually have a blog post going up (hopefully) in the morning that explains a bit more and tells what books we will be reading and the schedule for the first one!

Peggy- I'm less busy, less places to go helps. We freed up an entire morning each week by dropping our homeschool coop. We definitely won't be able to do small group and youth group every sunday it was just way too much, trying to figure out what - if anything other than church service - is the right amount of activities for Sundays (I'm leaning toward nothing else). This is actually a busy time of year for the OCC volunteer team but it will slow down pretty soon and not be too busy again until fall.

I'm so glad you have a doctor who you have a good relationship with! I avoid them too but it sure helps when you like them!

Judy-I would LOVE to play around with mixing my own tea blends!! I've been really wanting to branch out in my tea flavors and do some of my own mixes but not really sure where or how to start or where to get the supplies...any tips??? You are too funny "when you get the call drop it and run...." lol

Yesterday schools here were closed because of the cold!! That's a new one!!

ok going to the next page....

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2018 :  7:44:15 PM  Show Profile
Peggy- I can understand your son in prison wanting justice, but I also understand your perspective of just move on...what an awful situation all around. Tell your other son you gave him life and changed his poopy butt so he better straighten up his attitude and show respect!!! lol

Ohhh Tammy-speaking of reading...I just got put on a book launch for a memoir by a midwife to an Amish community! I just downloaded my advanced copy and will start reading it soon!

Nothing much going on here, trying to ease the kids back into a school routine and figure out our new normal since I'm changing stuff up a bit. Also trying to do some new things with my blog but I've decided I need to take a step back and really figure out what my goals and mission are with it and get more focus so I'm working on that. The girls have a baton competition this weekend and Dylan turns 1 on Saturday!! Hopefully Sunday we will actually get to rest!

Well gotta run, have a grumpy baby!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2018 :  11:42:50 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...Oh, yes...you and your Pride and Prejudice (I should have known). I started listening to The Jane Austen
Book Club by Karen Fowler yesterday! And Oh, my goodness that book is awful!! I hope that wasn't one I sent to you a few
years back Tammy. I listened to chapter One and that is where I stopped. I will get my money back on that one for sure.
And a million apologies if I had sent you that one!!! ~ You will Love Molly Murphy! I have listened to the Whole series
while walking and also her other series Her Royal Spyness Series. Very Good!!! The main Character is Lady Georgiana Rannock
35th in line for The British Throne And her Beau is named Darcy! Now don't you think that is right up your alley? This was
my favorite series. And the one I started with. Molly Murphy is good too. Let me know what you think of the book when you
are done.

Sabrina...I can hardly believe Dylan is going to be one on Saturday. He is so cute! But then again I think all your
kids are Adorable! It is probably all that Red Hair that I'm drawn to. ~ I love the fact that you keep revamping your
schedule for what works best for your family. That is a great habit to form!! ~ Yes, I do love my Dr. and he often times
prays with us too. We have been going to him for about 20 years. He is the same age I am. His Daughter is now working
with him and she is just a delightful young woman. She comes in and does all his computer work, schedules appointments
and basically frees him up to just deal with his patients and not all the paper work.

OK...I'm off to finish up my own computer stuff. More Later Girls!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2018 :  4:37:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals!WOW1 Everybody is really into their reading. Good for yuns! I've been trying to do jigsaw puzzles. Some have been easy, some I can't even seem to get going...I think mixed colors are so much easier to do than one or 2 colors....like this one I'm trying to do right now... it's all greens and blues. IT'S HARD!!! *yes, I'm whining* I like to be entertained, I'm NOT feeling entertained! Hahaha
Sabrina, when it comes to mixing flavors of teas, just start with a favorite, like black tea(the easiest) and add things like cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom...or do fruits like dried cranberries, cherries, pineapple, peaches, apricots...mostly it's about what flavors you like... then you can branch out into all the mints. I like lemon and mints, chamomile and mints. Sometimes I just throw a bunch of tea in a jar, shake it up and see what I get. I've bought teas at the store and didn't like them much, the way they were... into a jar they go and I'd add some cocoa powder, spices, whatever I liked. Then my in-laws gave me some teas for Christmas that were ...um...weak in the flavor department... into a jar they go. I just let my nose and taste buds guide me. I've come up with some great flavors by doing this. You can put them into gift boxes or jars and give them out for gifts. It's a lot of fun mixing teas.
We were in the upper 20's today with a wind chill of 14. I would have stayed in except I had to go renew my drivers license before my birthday. Man, it was windy. brrrrrr..... needed those fur-lined long-johns today for sure! *giggle*
Stay warm PorchBuds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2018 :  5:30:05 PM  Show Profile
I also love jigsaw puzzles. I do them on the computer now. All the cats make it hard to do the real ones. They like to rearrange the pieces and carry them off. lol
Our temps are heading back up. Suppose to be 70 Sunday. Might take Duke for a hike.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2018 :  6:55:14 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I will have to check into Her Royal Spyness Series and a Mr. Darcy well you know I am all over that. I just downloaded The Jane Austen Book Club for free on my nook....I will have to think that one over and delete maybe.

It was a beautiful day here. I just pulled an apple pie out of the oven for the bake sale tomorrow at our school luncheon fundraiser. It smells delightful and it is so hard to not take a warm piece out of the pan...lol

I do have a proud mama moment. As yall know I have twins well one just graduated from two year college and he made the Dean's List for his last semester. He has to work so hard in school. Needless to say I am a proud mama that he kept at it and now has a job and seems to be happy. The other one is still in college and making a 4.0 and on the livestock judging team. I am just so proud of the young men God is shaping them into.

ok I am off to fold some laundry and put grades in the gradebook. I will have no homework for the weekend. That is making me a happy camper.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2018 :  11:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...Don't you Love those Proud Mama Moments???? You have very fine boys who are developing into very fine
young men. You should be proud of that! Says a lot for their upbringing!!! And with both their parents being Teachers
I would expect they would be fine students too!! You just keep right on Delighting in Their Achievements Mama and take
a curtsy once in awhile for the Great Job You did raising them to Adulthood. ~ I can guarantee if I delete a book off my
Kindle because of Content...you and Judy wouldn't have even continued through with the first chapter. Trust Me...get a
Refund like I did! It is Trash under the guise of Jane Austen.

Sabrina...I can vouch for the fact that Judy comes up with good Teas that she mixes. She probably rarely drinks store bought
virgin tea without thinking how she can make it taste better...and trust me she can add some zip into it. ~ I'm not adventurous
like that. I expect other people do be creative and then I buy it! LOL There was another farmgirl who mixed coffees the same
way and she was great at that too. Some of the best coffees I've ever tried.

Judy...Like Nora said...how do you keep your cat(s) from rearranging your puzzles??? I am NOT a puzzle person. I can't sit
that long and work on color matching or shape matching. People probably think the same about me and my Diamond Painting.
But it isn't tedious to me like puzzles are. I will post a picture here on the one I am currently working on.

Nora...OK, I am absolutely jealous of 70 degree temps. LOL I want Summer so badly. Just skip right over Spring and head
right to HOT weather and I would be thrilled. But we have a weeks worth of rain to look forward to and cold weather. Whine!
Whine!! I know...I'm pathetic. We have such lovely green grass and gorgeous flowers here because we get so much rain...
but it kills my Fibro. Duke will probably love a nice long walk with you in the warm weather. My dog loves that I am out
walking again because he gets pushed in his dog stroller and He thinks that he is Mr. Cool. He had hip surgery about 5 yrs
ago...and he undid the whole thing because when I leash walk him he barks and chases anything with small wheels. Bikes, scooters,
skates, golf-carts etc etc. He literally drags me along...with him. So, now he can't even walk a mile without me having to
give him medication when we get home.

OK...girls, I'm off.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 19 2018 11:32:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2018 :  12:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Tea Tammy, you have every right to be proud of your boys. Congratulations to both of them. Does he judge at fair and for the 4H or what? Jay's son's girlfriend's kids raise and show lambs with the 4H.

Peggy, Duke has loved being outside today in the sun and warmer temps - 51 at 4 pm. The wind is still cool but I've been sitting outside reading my book while he runs the cats and chickens.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2018 :  1:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! I've never had problems with any of my kitties running off with puzzle pieces. Maybe I did them while they were sleeping. If they had seen me doing something that took me away from giving them attention, maybe it would have been a different story. My kitties always got lots of cuddles, kisses, brushing and lap-time when they were awake. This 'having no kitty at all' period is awful. I can't wait to get another one. Rascal will be hard to follow though... he was VERY special!
Peg, you knew someone who mixed coffees? How does that work? I mean, I've mixed darks with lites just because it improved the flavor of both and I've added cinnamon sticks to a pot of brewing coffee. Other than that... well... I'm curious. Clue me in.
We have 28 with an even colder wind-chill today, BUT that sun is out there just glowing away and things are dripping under it's burning stare.
T.L.Tammy, I want to congratulate you too on raising those boys to be fellers you can be proud of! Good for you! Boys can be tough because of the manners thing and the attention span thing and... well, you know all that, so I'm just Proud of ya!!!
Well, the dryer is calling me.
Take care Porchies! Love yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 19 2018 2:34:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2018 :  3:09:40 PM  Show Profile
I just updated my tag-line. Let's see if it shows up.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 19 2018 4:24:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2018 :  5:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
LOVE your tagline Judy! Perfect!

Only one day of school this week for the kids. Got up to 40 today, so I went outside and took some garland and bows down from the railing. Hated to take it down, was so cheerful. We DO have quite a bit of snow left which I'm happy about but 50 degree temps will soon have that gone and then there will be pools of water that don't drain off. Filled bird feeders and made them happy.

Been drinking lots of hot stuff to stay warm.. tis the season..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2018 :  7:19:29 PM  Show Profile
That is a cute Tag line Judy.

hugs

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2018 :  07:32:26 AM  Show Profile
Happy Monday,
We are in the middle of a blizzard in my neck of the woods which means a snow day for this teacher WE are to get between 8-11 inches of snow possible 18 inches with 50 mile per hour winds....let us just say driving is impossible and will get worse as the day goes on. It is wicked looking outside.
I plan on spending the day in sweats, pots of tea, and watch many movies.

I hope yall are having a great day and keeping warm.
Peggy I am enjoying the Molly Murphy mystery. I will be looking into the Royal Spy series who can resist that when there is a Mr. Darcy involved.

well I am off for now lights are flickering hopefully the lights will stay on.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2018 :  4:25:09 PM  Show Profile
Judy...why did I think you had a kitty right now. Well, I'm sure you need to get one! I don't think I could do without a dog. I need something to cuddle and
something to be responsible for. Snickers gets me out of the house even when I don't want to go...which is a must for a Fibro girl. Your tag line turned out
perfect!!! LOVE IT!!! Both of them actually!

Our Prairie Tammy has been posting all kinds of pictures of her snowmobile trip with Benny on FB. Some very beautiful Winter Scenery and pictures of her with her guy.
I'm sure when she gets back she will post some on here too. It looks like a very COLD Vacation to me but beautiful non the less.

Patsy...so glad to have you on. So you got down some Christmas huh? I am surprised at how many people around Vancouver still have Christmas stuff up. I am already on
to Valentines. LOL Are you a reader like your sister? If so what kind of books do you like? I just finished Murder by Misunderstanding by Leighann Dobbs. It was more
of a cozy read.

Teacher Tammy ... I hope you don't get buried alive in a drifting snow bank!! Oh, but if I were you...I would take full advantage of all that lush time house bound...and do a
lot of reading, watching movies, whatever, whatever your little heart desires. JUST Stay IN and Stay Cozy!!!

Darlene...how are things going with you? I hope you are enjoying that Praying The Names of God Devotional. I use mine everyday and I'm so enjoying it.

OK...I think I'm finally well and so is my family. I had fun with them on Saturday...and just love my little grandkids to pieces. They really make me laugh!
Which as we know is good medicine for the soul!

Nora...are you hiding out with Duke???

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 23 2018 2:00:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2018 :  4:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - we've had such nice weather this last few days (sorry to everyone getting hammered with snow) but Duke has wanted to stay outside as much as possible. He has been sleeping later.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2018 :  6:57:41 PM  Show Profile
Today we had a 60 degree day. Was really cloudy though. Dave said it was super foggy this morning when he went to work(5:30AM).
Tomorrow we are suppose to get chilly again and maybe have a rain/snow mix. I know I'm the crazy one here who loves the snow and cold, but that's because I don't have to go out in it anymore and hubby loves snow as much as I do so he's a happy camper too. AND, we don't have a dog so we don't HAVE to go out and freeze any of our tails off on a walk.heeheehee
Yep.... another reason to love them kitties!
OK Buds, stay warm and safe!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  06:14:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, we had a busy weekend. The girls had their first twirling competition of the season, we are way out of practice so they only did a couple basic events but they both got first in marching so it turned out pretty good. Today is the first meeting of the small twirling class I'm putting together (the girls said it would be more fun to do it with friends). Hopefully meeting weekly and having an inside practice area once a week will help with being able to keep up with practices!

We stayed home Sunday, we got home late from the competition and were really tired. A WHOLE day with the WHOLE family at home was just what we needed.

Well I'm off, today is our super busy day but the rest of the week looks more laid back-yay.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  08:58:33 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
Snow day number two. Blizzard lasted until late last night. Still have some roads that are impassible but hopefully by this evening it will be better. I helped hubby shovel snow as much as we can. Now we will need his brother or my son to come with the tractor to dig us the rest of the way out. Since we are without a truck right now, my little car can't go through drifts up to my knees lol. So a short week at school coming up.

I have been busy trying some new teas from Adagio and Harney. I am quite delighted so far. This afternoon it is movie watching, reading, and tea and then back to the butterflies tomorrow. Hopefully these few days have helped with all the illness we have been having. Spring can't get here soon enough.

well going to check on hubby yall have a great day
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  2:15:55 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...I noticed on the above post I did...I said I hoped you got buried alive in a snow drift! LOL NOT WHAT I MEANT TO SAY! So, I went in and
added the DON'T get buried alive. Gee, what are friends for...wanting you to get buried alive!!! LOL Sorry! ~ Well, today we are having buckets of rain.
Had to run my son to an appointment...which I didn't want to do because my Fibro is Flaring but I was a nice mommy and did it! But he has to take the bus
home. ~ Hope you get the whole rest of the week off school! Then you can really enjoy all your, books, movies and tea. LOL

Nora...I am ready for summer!!! Your nice weather sounds lovely!

Sabrina...a Whole Family Day together, not that is Special!! Good for you girl! I am sure the entire family loved it!

Judy...Are you going to get another Kitty? Do you still have your Rat??? Rats don't count (in my book anyway) they aren't something I
would want to cuddle with! Gross! I kind of feel that way towards my oldest step grand-daughters Ferret too! Though she thinks it's cuddly.
So, I'm going to worry about you until you get a new Kitty!

OK...I better do something productive today. OR NOT! Maybe a nap is calling me!! That sounds perfect for this gray dreary day! Stick my
head under the covers and sleep it away. Here it is 2:30 and I haven't seen my husband or dog up yet today. Just Call us THE NAPPING HOUSE! LOL

Hugs and Squishes,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  3:43:17 PM  Show Profile
Duke talking to one of the bulls in the field behind the house.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page