Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2017 :  1:01:09 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon My Porchies...

I am on here early for me, as I have my crafting group tonight. Need that girlfriend time each week to keep me sane. LOL

Nora...Just sitting on the Porch in the Rocker is like a Mini-Vacation for me. I also have a lounger on my Porch (both are Red).
Like you needed to know that right?? LOL I love to take a drink and book or magazine out there and just get lost in them.
Our Grand-daughter from Spokane use to come every summer for a week or two but once she hit 16...forget that. She is more into
boys and hanging with her mom...who she considers her best friend. With my husbands illness it is probably better that she not
come. Boy the chimes on my Porch are going NUTS! It is really windy and blowing a storm in. I got part of my walk in but I may not
get the rest of it in...depending on the Storm. My Dr. told me that he wants me to walk in the rain...which is not appealing to
me in the least since that is my normal increased pain days.

Dorothy...I will take your advice. I did read in some of the reviews that women got bruises from using it. That sounded strange to me
but then decided they just must bruise easily. I don't! Also for Fibro you don't want deep tissue massage...you want light. So, I will
be starting out light and working my way to however much I can tolerate. I don't have Rheumatoid Arthritis but I do have Osteoarthritis
and Hebridean Nodes On the knuckles of my fingers. My Mom and Sister had RA and but I am the one with the disfigured fingers and not them.
Strange! I will let you know what I think...it is suppose to be here on Saturday.

Darlene...No, we do not want to share the Tubs with the Racoons! How are you catching them to relocate them? Some of those guys can be tall
when they get up on their hind legs. I saw one last year stand up on his hind legs and stretch like he had just woken up and he was the size
of a 4 year old. I was glad my dog was in his stroller or else he would have gotten after the Racoon and I know they can be vicious!

Judy...are you reading anything good right now?? You Know me...always want to know when people have a good book going. I am listening to the first
book in a series right now (Main Character is Amas Decker) and it is a action/thriller type series by Michael Connelly. It is really good!!! My
husband liked it so much he bought it for me and now I'm hooked. LOL

Well, Ladies off to do the rest of my MJF and FB before my afternoon nap.

Later My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  09:36:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies - You were right... I was taking the words of the nutritionist/herbalist harder than I realized! I started having nightmares, and with each episode of dehydration that I've fought over the last few weeks (which has been A LOT), I've blamed myself saying I was killing another baby. It amazes me (not in a good way!), that even when I know the Truth, I still let Satan plant those doubts! Anyways, I think I'm at a better place now, but time will tell. Been busy trying to get things done around here... got jams (strawberry and rhubarb) canned, as well as some apple butter, and some cherry pie filling. Also been working on my garden beds so I can start planting, as well as butchered nine of our broilers. Hoping to get more done today, then finishing up tomorrow. We have company coming next week, the middle of the month, the end of the month and the middle of next month! Jumping back off to finish schooling the kids. Love to you all <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  12:18:50 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, so glad the kitty came home(but please help her with her language so that Dave doesn't worry about the other kitty's making fun of her) hahaha... he's silly! Your poor kitty must have gotten locked up somewhere by accident, like a building or a garage at a neighbors. I've heard stories like that before.
Tammy, I'm so happy for you that summer vc Is here, so you can get that much needed R&R you deserve!
Welcome to the porch Dorothy. Cop a squat and tell us a little about yourself. *hands you a steaming cuppa*
Luanne, we are really having some cool, wet weather aren't we? I see that tomorrow here in OH, is suppose to be 80 but in a couple of days it's going back down to a high of mid 60's with rain. A strange spring indeed.
Darlene, my MIL is doing as well as can be expecting for someone who has been thru so much. She gave her live-in daughter a scare the other night, causing her to call Dave at 1:30 AM. Poor guy couldn't go back to sleep and had to get up at 4:30 for work. Fortunately he went to bed the next night earlier and caught up. ANYHOW..... Bev had a nosebleed that wouldn't stop and Dave told them what to do. She was on blood thinners since her heart attach so the Doc took her off them for a few days. Otherwise, she's still on soft diet and can't whew on one side because the surgeon cut the nerve to her tongue as well as the one to her jaw(which stopped her jaw pain). Poor lady... can't win. After her M.D. check-up today Dave took her out for choc.cream pie. Made her happy.
Pasty is doing ok ...I guess... as well as 3 gals can do... in the same house... dealing with loss. Keep Praying for them Gals! Thank You!
Becky, congrats on being June FGOTM!!! Yaaa, another Porchie!
Peg, I have so many magazines to catch up on that I'm not starting anything till I can get thru them. Got behind back in March when I spent so much time at hospital with niece. Now we have nobody to visit and I feel lost. BUT... like I said, I have magazines to catch up on. I sure am enjoying that book/magazine you sent me. A very nice read! Thank you again!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  1:35:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone. It's been crazy busy around here and I only have a minute. Do any of you have advice for dealing with my depressed Grandpa? He's 89 years old and just came home from a nursing home. He spent 3 weeks there regaining his strength due to major blood loss. His blood was too thin and he didn't tell anyone it was leaking out his intestines. (He was given 4 bags of blood in the hospital) He also has a bulging disc so my aunt assumed his weakness was from the pain. He was a farmer and a truck driver all his life. He was even driving semi for a farmer near him just last spring. He now has a lift chair and has to use a walker. He really went down hill fast (in the past 3 months). He asked my aunt why the good lord won't just take him. He doesn't really have any hobbies and all his friends and my Grandma have passed. I know some of you have dealt with parents and relatives like this - what can I do to cheer him up even just for a little bit? I can only get to his house about once a week and he can't hear on the phone so our conversations are only a couple minutes.

I need to head out to do the chores. I'm hoping to have some time this weekend to spend on the computer. Praying for everyone.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  6:12:54 PM  Show Profile

Good evening ladies! Just finished getting my blog post out (okay it's 2 days late but it's out!). I have been having a leisurely evening with candles lit on my table while listening to an audiobook, The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking (hygge inspired lol). I tested a recipe for eggroll in a bowl and will definitely be making it again! It's a gray, stormy evening but I think the storm warning has expired so the perfect night to cozy up even though I should be cleaning.

Jasper was supposed to go with his mother this weekend and she called Jordon Wednesday night claiming she's sick and can't take Jasper this weekend. Interesting she does it 3 days before picking him up, nothing currently going around lasts that long. I had to scramble and find a babysitter for tomorrow since I work 8 hour shifts on weekends he's with his mom. Found a girl but she's only 13 so we'll see how it goes. Keep us in prayer!

PeggyAnn - you've been wanting pics of my little house so here's the start of them :o) My cozy little dining area in my living room. I'll try to get a picture with the sun shining through the window too but no luck today.

I blogged about an app I found called Overdrive. Does anybody else use it? I'm in love with it. It's free and you activate it with your library card number. After you activate it you can borrow e-books and audiobooks from your local libraries. Did I mention it's FREE! I've dropped my Kindle Unlimited and Audible memberships because this does the same thing except it's free. It does have limitations of what your library has available but you can also request things too.

Wow, didn't realize it was getting so late. Need to get a couple things done before Jasper arrives. Have an awesome weekend ladies!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

DoeDear
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Dorothy
St. Louis Missouri
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2017 :  11:53:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh there was supposed to be a smiley face there!

"The sun was rising behind her now; she could feel the heat on her back, and it gave her courage." William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

DoeDear
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Dorothy
St. Louis Missouri
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2017 :  11:58:59 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure why that post about the smiley face showed. I like your dining room Tammy. It looks very peaceful. Thank you for the link info. I love books and it's even better when they're free!

"The sun was rising behind her now; she could feel the heat on her back, and it gave her courage." William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2017 :  6:24:12 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, I picked two cups of cherries off the trees today and make you this nice sour cherry pie. Enjoy it with your favorite tea.

I got my pole beans planted yesterday.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  12:22:55 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...I see my last post didn't post! Glad it was a short one!

Nora what kind of Cherry Trees do you have? I just bought my first Cherries of the Season at The Grocery Store today.
They were a mix of Rainier Cherries and Bing Cherries. I ate a handful but may make a pie out of them. Your Cherry Pie
just made me hungry for more Nora. LOL ~ Glad you got your pole beans planted.

Dorothy...I got my Muscle Blaster today! I have used it twice today already. Did my entire body both times and it really helps
relax those muscles. I got the longer 19 inch one. And it is perfect for being able to reach every spot on your body. It looks like
some Chinese Torture Device but it felt great! I will be using it several times a day. I didn't get a Massage Booklet with its...like
they advertised but it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. And I am sure I can google the booklet if I want to glance over it. Anyway,
thanks for mentioning it. I am always looking for good ways to relax my muscles.

Prairie Tammy...I love your Little Dining Room Table and Chairs. So perfect for that window spot. Love your bookshelves too. Keep posting
pictures as you can. ~ Maybe, if I lived in a small town using the Library for books and audio books would work for me...but not in a
City...if you reserve a book you are usually like number 498 in line for it and I could have had it read 30 times over by the time it got
half way through the waiting list. I have no patience for that. In my way of thinking...some times "Free" is just a pain in the backside!
That looks like an interesting little book you are reading now. I just finished a David Baldacci Book called Memory Man that was really good.
There is two more in the series but I am going back and forth between a couple of different series. That way I can go back and forth and
get through two good series at once. LOL

Heather...does your grandpa like to play cribbage, or backgammon or cards or checkers or something like that you could do with him? Sometimes
playing a game one doesn't have to be as chatty but it is an enjoyable thing to do...and would give him something to look forward to when you
go to visit. It is hard to encourage an older depressed person...as they get down when their health starts to go down hill, their hearing goes
down hill, and they get discouraged and weary and just want to go home to The Lord. My ex-MIL use to say to me...I just want to go HOME and
see Jesus and my husband. When she really took a turn for the worst...I told her I was praying for her and many of my Christian Friends were
praying for her too. She said, "I know honey, and I wish you would STOP IT!" LOL She didn't want our prayers keeping her on Earth any longer.
Don't feel like you have to fix him...just go visit him and show him that you love him and care about him.

Judy...so interesting about Patsy and the girls...hopefully they each have their own rooms they can retreat to when they need their own space.
I would need to do that. The older I get the more I want quiet time during a day's time. I am super extroverted but I have introverted tendencies too.
My husband got mad at me again today and tonight we watched a little TV together but I bet we didn't speak 6 sentences out loud between us. I hate
that...but I am not going to be drug into his bad mood or another arguement. Geesh...sometimes you can't win for losing. ~ Well, good time to get caught
up on your magazines girl. I have four waiting for me...I just need a little "Me-Time" to enjoy a cuppa and those Magazines. LOL My only me time is
when I walk...and that isn't conducive to reading.

Shannon...sounds like you have been doing all those good domesticated things. I miss doing canning and dehydrating etc. But not really worth it just for
myself. Hubby can only eat soft foods as he chokes on everything. ~ I am not surprised that you are having nightmares derived from what that mean
woman said to you. Hopefully you can just forget her and what she said and move forward. She isn't worth it.

OK...guess I better get to bed so I can get up for Church in the morning.

Hugs, Joy and Peace,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  2:23:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Had a good church service this morning. Went to Mennonite church. They all came up to me after and told me they missed me, asked me about patsy, invited me to go to lunch at the ones house, but it was getting ready to storm and I wanted to get home. We've had a couple of storms and showers pass thru today.
Peg, you made me lol and think of a story I heard on Christian radio about an elderly woman who was complaining about being old because all her friends were gone and she was lonely. Her son was a preacher who was known for bringing people back from the dead. His sweet Mama told him, "When I die... don't you bring me back neither!!!" hahahaha Really cracked me up. I could just hear her saying it. Sounds like something my Gr-Grandma would have said. hahahaha She was 106 and ready to go. Kept saying she wondered why God wouldn't take her also. I'm sure when people get that old, all wonder why they are still here. We always told her that God just wasn't finished with her yet, He still had a job for her to do. "Well I can't, for the life of me, figure out what it is," she'd say.
I ALSO laughed because I was just thinking of how kids text 'n drive and having a warped sense of humor, was thinking of you walking and reading. I could hear the traffic report now... a woman, walking with her nose in a book, was hit by a kid on a bike, texting while riding.... we still don't know how bad their injuries were... more later as we know....hahahaha
What???...I said I'm warped... at least I didn't say the kid was in a car... we all KNOW how THAT would have ended... Wouldn't even need a later report. *giggle*
(I didn't sleep well last night... we'll blame it on that)

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 05 2017 08:11:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  2:43:46 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I LOVE YOUR FUNNY Bones (I figure you must have more than one cuz you just crack me up!) I Made it to Church today and it was so good! Like I
said, the first time I walked in there the Holy Spirit whispered, "You are Home!" I actually for the first time in a very long time am once again excited about Church. I went alone! But I think God is preparing me for when I will have to do that anyway. I saw another gal about my age come in and sit by herself. So, I went over and introduced myself to her and we chatted for a minute before Service. Then right before Church started I asked if she minded it I moved my stuff and came and sat beside her. Her name was Pat and her husband had just died 6 weeks earlier. I told her that my husband had heart disease too and and so we had a few things like that in common. After Service I told her that I enjoyed meeting her and worshipping with her this morning. I told her I would look for her next week as she too always attends the same Service I do. (see how shy I am). She probably thinks I'm a Stalker. LOL Just being silly!!! After Church I went to Barnes and Noble and had lunch and colored for awhile...and now I am home and pretty much ready for a nap. I didn't sleep
really great last night either girlfriend. ~ And for your information I "Listen" to books when I walk! Not read and walk...though I have known a few people
who did that on a regular basis. Scary!!!! I would walk into a telephone Pole or fall down a manhole or something if I tried that! And I'm not ready to go
to Heaven yet either, so why push my luck! LOL

Hugs and prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  6:03:54 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I have no idea what type of cherry tree it is, a bird planted them for us. They are sour. They are full this year but smaller than usual. I think it was the late cold weather.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  08:00:25 AM  Show Profile
Peggy and Judy - thanks for the giggles this morning! I love your funny bone too Judy. I'm glad you're enjoying your new church Peggy.
It's very quiet and relaxing on the porch today. Great for a cuppa iced tea and a good book :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  08:24:34 AM  Show Profile
....Heather...stay off the street with that book.... Peg may be coming the other way. Rofl
We had rain all day yesterday. One storm would stop and 1/2 hour later another would begin.
I love spring thunder-showers as long as they happen in the daylight, so I can see that it's not a tornado.
I made patsy laugh though. I told her that, God does have a sense of humor.
Just tell Him you want to lose a few pounds and He'll send storms alllll day from alllll different
directions that keep you RUNNING to alllll sides of the house shutting windows.... upstairs and down!
That God, isn't He funny?/! ...and yes...I giggled the whole time.
God is 'giggly-good!'

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  08:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy I use to walk to work when I live in the LA area and read. I would only look up when I had to cross the street. A couple of times I ran into either someone trying to pass me because of an interesting part in the book, or a pole. Finally had to give up my reading walking to and from work. I still read and walk although only in non-traffic areas.
Judy I could see the kid and reader hitting each other and wonder what happen. It is funny how engross we become in a task that the world just melts away and we don't even know they exist.

Hugs
Becky

Friends, like heirlooms, are a special treasure
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  09:55:05 AM  Show Profile
Glad I could make you *giggle*....
I'm amazed that you could walk and read like that. If I tried that in my little town, I'd fall down because of our crooked sidewalks. They are really bad where big, 'ole tree roots have raised up. I'd have skinned knees all the time!hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  12:18:54 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Yes, it is still Morning (for 15 more minutes in My Pacific Time Zone). LOL

Becky...I cannot imagine walking and reading anywhere but especially LA. Did you have a DEATH WISH or WHAT??? Mercy Girl! I do get so engrossed
in my escape into a Good Book that I would probably step right out into traffic...oblivious to my surroundings. That is why I listen to as many
books as I read. It helps 5 miles go by pretty quickly let me tell you. I can still hear traffic and people around me for the most part. But one
day I was at the end of a great story and a jogger came up from behind me and almost brushed shoulders with me when he passed me. I was pushing the
dog stroller at the time and I walk very fast...but it so unnerved me that anyone could (or would) get that close to me...without me knowing it...
that I almost had heart-failure on the spot. As he passed me he said, "Too many people out walking today." I thought; Wow was that a subtle warning that
He might have grabbed me if there weren't so many people out here or what? Kind of spooked me. I carry Pepper Spray but I wouldn't even had time to
grab it as he was that close to me. So, now I keep even more alert (which I always thought I did before) but vigilance is a must in a big City.

Judy...Your comment God is "Giggly Good"... made me laugh! He does have a great sense of humor...after All He Made Us Humans and then left us responsible for His Church! What was He thinking??? LOL I loved His Exercise Routine for you Girlfriend. Seems like a good way to get you moving at a faster pace. LOL
I have to laugh at myself and my love for technology. As I am typing here...I'm getting a side message on my screen that my Oldest Grand-daughter just left a post on facebook and at the same time my Fitbit Watch and My Cell Phone light up with the same notification! I'm so connected electronically that you guys probably can't pee without me being notified. ROFLOL Gross exaggeration...pun intended! Not to mention I have 3 electronic gadgets that Talk to me. But sometimes I mix Alexa and Serie up! And I just found out that the new Kindle Tablet I just ordered has Alexa on there too. If I ever get lonely I can just talk to my Electronics and they "will" answer me. LOL ~ OK...I think I need to finish up and go take a nap! I'm cracking myself up! ~

Nora...the cherries I bought the other day were really just a bit too sweet for a pie. I think you need that Tartness for a really great Cherry Pie.
I'm making Strawberry Shortcake for Dessert tonight...I will leave some on the Porch for you all with a cup of Strawberry Iced Tea.

Heather...Judy and I are glad we could provide a little Comic Relief for you!! At least we think we are funny...even if all the rest of you are groaning!
I have learned that God and I can ALWAYS Laugh at me. LOL

Hugs and Smilies Across The Milies,
Peggy [:p

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 05 2017 12:23:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  5:50:56 PM  Show Profile
Becky - I am seriously impressed! I'm guessing I would get too into a book and stop walking to read. I haven't tried to read and walk - not even in the house. I can't imagine doing it on a busy sidewalk.

Peggy - I'm guessing the guy commented because he was annoyed he was having to go around so many people, but you never do know. Last summer I was running and I ran out of gum so I turned my head to spit (sorry if that's gross) and not even 10 seconds later my neighbor come bicycling past me. I was so embarrassed. She just smiled and said hi as she went passed. Now I keep a look out too. I live in the country and have never encountered another exerciser before. Rarely even a car.

Judy - I can't believe you got all that rain and we got nothing. About 3am we finally have some rain but not much at all. The cows and I are looking forward to the cool down that's coming though.

Better go check supper.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  08:34:34 AM  Show Profile
Wow... where is everybody? Must be busy gardening. We bought some begonias and salvia yesterday and put our pots out around the house. We're moving slow this year for some reason. Usually done by now. We are having 3 days of warm weather(they say), high 80's. We shall see. Then it storms for 6 days and goes back down into the mid 70's by next weekend. Again, we shall see, It changes pretty often. I asked God to not let it be too hot too, fast because I can only take off so many clothes and remain a modest Christian. I'm sure He snickers at me. We were suppose to have 3 days of 91 thru 94 temps when I started requesting cooler temps(Please!)...so ya...I think He heard me! *giggle* Thank You Lord!!!
What are you all into? Gardening? Calving? Babysitting? Canning?(all of the above?)*giggle*
I'm working on my Tea-Swap packages... just so you know I haven't forgotten.
Have a Blessed SonDay Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 11 2017 08:35:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  08:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy, the weather here has been, cool, windy, hot, rainy. Don't know how to dress from day to day. Planted more of my garden yesterday. I was out until 6pm and I feel it today! With the weather, you have to do it when you can. Going out and mulching in the flower beds today. Never done! Getting to old for all this! Yikes!

Hi everyone, think of you often. Getting ready to make spaghetti sauce and put it in the crockpot before I go out. To tired to cook when I come in!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  12:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Yes it is that time of year to put the garden. We have been delayed because of so much rain. Finally was able to get the field disc. Since we do not have a tractor yet we are doing everything the old fasion way with hoes and a manual cultivator and hand labor. I have only have the tomatoes and garlic done. More rain tomorrow so we are delayed another day. I am exhausted at the end of the day.

Becky

Friends, like heirlooms, are a special treasure
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  1:07:40 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon My Porchies...

Well, I have spent my weekend nurse-maiding my son...who has The Worst Gout Flare I have ever seen. Started in his left foot on the
top then moved up into his ankle. His entire left foot is three times it's normal size. Then his right knee started swelling and hurting
and it is triple in size. That makes it so the poor guy can't even walk with his crutches. He has to crab-walk (crawl) just to get to
the bathroom. Last night I thought he was going to become delirious from the pain. His Dr. retired...has to see a new Dr. and they can't get him in for 2 weeks. Nor will they refill his gout medication without seeing the Dr. He probably should be in The Hospital but he can't walk to the car so I can take him and neither one of us can afford an ambulance bill. His left foot is doing better today.
Then to top things off...I had to go to the store for him this morning for more ice-to make ice packs and for some IBUProfen for Him
and when I came back...I pulled in and knocked off the mirror on the right side of my car. I am surprised I haven't done it before.
There is an SUV on my right side in the assigned parking area and two wooden poles. On my left side is a ginormous Hemi-Truck. When I
opened my car door to get into my car this morning it pinged against the Hemi (luckily no paint transfer or dent.) So, of course when
I came back I am trying to not get so close to the Hemi and I knocked off my Mirror. Geesh...I can't win for losing. I need sleep and
maybe a glass of wine but not necessarily in that order! LOL

I came on The Porch last night but nobody had been on so I just went to bed. All I have accomplished in two days is Dishes! I don't feel
good because of our deranged weather...so I'm in pain...trying to help my son who is in worse pain and I told him after the 90th call for me to do something or get something for him..."that he was high maintenance" He said, "Thanks mom I will tell you that someday when I'm taking care of you." I told him that I knew I was already high maintenance...so I wouldn't be easily offended. LOL I really doubt he will ever be taking care of me anyway...but who knows.

Becky...don't work too hard girl...you need to take care of yourself! I bet by the end of the day you ARE done in...your body is not done healing. I heard a Dr. the other day say...."When you run or walk fast for exercise that doesn't mean it is really helping your body. If you run a car faster it doesn't make the engine better. If you really want to do something healthy for yourself...take a nap! I liked his philosophy but could give him a lot of opposing arguments on that too. I do both! I speed walk and I take naps. I shared
that to say...listen to your body, it will tell you what it needs. Just don't ignore it.

Darlene...you are right girl, for some of us age is a factor. And we really need to not push ourselves the way we use to. In the long run we only suffer the consequences when we do. I do not let my Fibromyalgia dictate my life even though it would be easier to allow that. But on the other hand...I also listen to my body. If I am out over-exerting in the heat or over exerting in my speed my body
starts complaining and I have to slow it down...for fear of overdoing it. I would rather get my five miles in...slowing my pace than having to not walk for 2 or 3 days because I over did it. So, you listen to your body also girl. It is all about pacing one's self.

Heather...I laughed at your spitting story. It could have been embarrassing huh??? The thing with that guy when he passed me...there was NO one around at all. I guess my point was...It is always wise to know who all is around you. Living in the City and or Burbs there is no safe place to walk alone...with out being very aware at all times of who is around you! God has gotten me out of some close calls in my years of walking. BUT I have to be vigilant too.

OK, girls...I'm out of here for now. Think I'm going to go have that nap I was talking about.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 11 2017 1:10:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  2:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday ladies,
I hope all are well. We returned from vacation yesterday. While it wasn't bad there was no beach the entire time due to rain every day. Not safe there was lots of flooding. I was disappointed as I had been looking forward to that. We did see family and friends which was nice...but darn it I needed the beach. Maybe next year.

I am catching up here at home with laundry and mail. Leaving two 21 year old boys in charge well need I say more. They were glad I was home to take over the dogs and laundry and mail.. They did say they appreciated what I do now they had to be in charge. I laughed.

It is hot here in my neck of the woods and here we truly do need rain. The farmers are worried about the crops. Hopefully we will get some.
Well the dryer is calling my name. I missed yall
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  2:43:25 PM  Show Profile
Yes, the garden is keeping us busy. Two weeks ago we had three inches of rain in 2 days. Now it's really hot. I have to water every night. My beans are looking good. The squash is blooming. We had our first family reunion today. In the nineties but very few flies this year.

I was at the kitchen window yesterday and something caught my eye in the field across the street. I got my camera and snapped a picture so I could blow it up to see what it was. I was a bald eagle.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  4:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello dear friends! The last couple weeks have been hectic! Last weekend we finished butchering our broilers. They turned out so yummy!!! We are hoping to another 150 this year... about half of them we will be raising for my brother. Then this past week my sister and her family came for a visit from MD. Fun!!! It is always good to spend time with them! Then today we worked more on the garden. Prior to putting down our soil for the garden, we laid down cardboard boxes... which is what makes our pathways as well. Due to the intense wind out here, we decided to use some of the metal poles the last owner left lying around to hold them down... As we were getting one of the poles, my 8 year old got about a foot from a snake... a rattlesnake. While I am all for letting the wild creatures live in their space, my front yard does not get to be their space! So he died!!! Now I am fearful to let the kids go out to play :( We were really hoping they would just stay out in the one field that we do not go in!!! Not where my kids ride their bikes and play!!!

Heather - how is your grandfather doing? Been praying for him and for you!

PG Tammy - Sorry to hear that Jasper's mom is that... errr... not sure of the appropriate adjective at the moment... I was to say irresponsible, but I'm not sure that is the right adjective. Your dining room is lovely! Looks quite cozy!

Judy - Been praying for Patsy!!! And your MIL!

Becky - I understand the desire to get the garden in!!! We've been hardening off our plants and should be able to plant on Wednesday. But please please please do not overdo!!! Praying for you my friend! <3 I didn't realize now is the time to plant garlic! I need to look into that!!!

TLTammy - So sorry to hear you didn't get any time on the beach :( I'm trying to imagine leaving my house in the care of two 21 year old boys and it scares the hebie-jeebies out of me!!! Hahahaha

Nora - how wonderful to spot a bald eagle out your window! We did that once in SC... and have seen some out here as well. Such magnificent creatures!

Peggy - Sorry to hear about your son! How horrible that the doctor won't get him in sooner!

Well dear friends, I need to go work on dinner... we are going easy with chicken pot pie. The kids are wanting brownies for dessert... we'll see if it gets done :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page