Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  6:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon the only reason we were planting garlic is that it came up in the field we were going to plant our crops. Since it came up we dug it and when the field was disc we replanted the garlic. Hopefully we will be able to have a harvest. Garlic is usually planted in the fall.
I can not imagine the fear you are dealing with snakes. Hopefully it was just a fluke. Take care my friend.

Friends, like heirlooms, are a special treasure
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  7:54:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Backy - I was thinking you plant garlic normally in the Fall, but as "off" as I seem right now with gardening, I wasn't sure, hahahaha. The nice thing about these rattlesnakes is they really are not aggressive! It was slithering away from my daughter... but we were not taking any chances!

Tomorrow we are suppose to be getting hit with a massive storm... golfball size hail, 35 mph winds and possible tornadoes... so I transplanted my starters in bigger pots and am looking to plant the garden Tuesday or Wednesday... probably both... in small batches. Oh my gracious!!! I have 100 tomato plants, 999 pepper plants, 45 broccoli plants and 4 tomatillo plants. I have no clue what kinds, as they got all mixed up, as instead of pinching most of them off, we started separating them, lol. I sure hope the harvest is good!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  7:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, LOL yes she is a teenager!! Luckily she is also spayed so no pregnancy there!! I used to have a dog who spoke German (we got her our first tour over there) but the cat was born in America so no German for her lol. I'm actually researching fascia right now-had heard a bit about it here and there but then sat in a talk during a midwife conference and am fascinated by it. Haven't decided if I think the fascia blaster is the way to go for me yet.

Welcome Dorothy!!

Becky, congratulations on FGOTM!!!

More in a minute I'm catching up and have to go to the next page!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  7:58:05 PM  Show Profile
Judy, tell Dave not to worry, she is American made and doesn't speak German :). She has gotten locked in the neighbor's shed before so it wouldn't surprise me. She must have found stuff to eat though because she isn't any skinnier!

Heather-I don't have any advice but I'll sure pray for your grandpa.

Judy-I'm praying for Patsy too.

Shannon-ewwwww!! You just have to teach the kids if they see a snake to go the other way. We have lots of snakes around but luckily venomous ones seem to be rare here. My neighbor who has been here a good long time said he hasn't seen one. Just garter snakes and black snakes and ringnecks. Still eww.

It has been busy as always around here. My middle children have had a rough couple weeks, their behavior has been rough. These are the kids I know are super sensitive to chemicals and I think they were reacting to chlorine in the pool where they were taking swimming lessons so we stopped going to those. Things are slowly improving but it has been hard.

I am trying to take it easy but y'all know that is hard for me. This conference I've been planning (and regretting volunteering for) is at the end of next week so VERY SOON that will be over and off my plate and a HUGE relief.

I decided to try Plexus for my adrenal and thyroid issues. It is a supplement drink (well they have several products but that is the most well known) that helps balance blood sugar and heal your gut (**Statements no evaluated by fda and I'm not a doctor blah blah blah). It is sold through independent reps so I signed up to be an "Ambassador" because then you get the best price of course. I'm going to post about it on my blog and then post updates for if it will work for me. I've been really resistant to trying it for several reasons - I would rather heal with food, it is expensive, etc. But at this point, I'm too tired to try anything super involved and I'm desperate to feel better so worth a shot!! I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Not a lot else going on.....my allergies started acting up again today. Baby is starting to sometimes nap better which helps everything run smoother but some days (like today) he still fights sleep. Luckily he sleeps pretty well at night so at least I get some sleep!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  3:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina...I have not heard of PLexus (will google it) but I am looking for something Natural for Thyroid and IBS. So please keep
me posted how it works. For now I am taking nothing for Thyroid Issues and ProBiotics for IBS. Having been taking them for a year
and really can't say I see any improvement. I am now taking a Super ProBiotic and see a slight improvement...but very slight.
Been Loving the pictures of your family on FB. You have the cutest kids!! And the baby really loves naps on the Hammock. I did too
when my MIL was alive she always had one in her backyard. My kids and I would fight over it. LOL

Shannon...Not a fan of rattlesnakes. Went camping in an area called Grand Coulee (and yes the Dam is there) WA, when the kids were
smaller and the snakes would come sleep under the corners of your tent to get away from the scorching heat. And you would often see
them slithering across the pathways when you went down to swim. Every Spring when they would come out to sun themselves on the rocks
the farmers would get their guns and go out and have rattlesnake shoots just to kill of some of them...as they got to prevalent and also
they would go across the highways or lay in the highways just to sun themselves...so the locals would purposely run them over.
They use to sell snake bite kits...don't know if they still do...but if they do, I would invest in one if I were you. Better to err on
the Safe side with those buggers around. A child doesn't stand as good a chance with a venomous snake bite as an Adult...just because of the difference in body mass. Be careful...they aren't as afraid of you as you might think.

Teacher Tammy...I am so sorry that your Beach Trip got rained out. As much as you were looking forward to it...that just wasn't nice.
Here in WA we expect that Beach Trips can get rained out because we get a lot of rain. But I would say 85 percent of the time it is
dry when we go. I'm one who love the Beach in any weather. To me there is no BAD BEACH DAY as long as I can see the Ocean! Hope the
rest of your summer is better my friend.

Judy...How you doing girl? Get back on here and make us Laugh! We could all use some Comic Relief! Need one of your funny stories!

Becky...speaking of Garlic...when we lived for a couple of years in a Senior Estates Apartment...we had an Asian Woman who planted
all of her garden spot in Garlic (nothing else) then a few months later she moved. And in the Spring we had Elephant Garlic growing
everywhere...it had even gone into some of the other gardens of other residents. It was prolific! I had never seen so much garlic
in one spot in my life. LOL

Nora...where are you girl? Off on a little trip?

OK...I need a nap! Later Gators,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  4:27:05 PM  Show Profile
We are getting a nice rain this evening. Started out as a thunderstorm but it's been raining for almost two hours nice and steady. The chickens are enjoying it so. They have been so hot this week with temps in the 90's. I won't have to water the garden this evening, but there is a lot of hoeing that will have to be done tomorrow. Hope the humidity isn't miserable.

A guy I worked with passed away last Thursday of lung cancer. He had chosen not to take any treatments. I went to the viewing last Saturday night and saw a bunch of the people I worked with and for.

Had the Mitchell family reunion on Sunday.

I've been working on swaps.

Have a great evening, ladies.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  11:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Have any of you tried apple cider vinegar? I don't have any major health problems, but I drink a cup of warm water with 2TBS apple cider vinegar and 2TBS honey in it every morning. I also drink one sometimes in the afternoon for a pick me up. It's supposed to help with all kinds of things from digestive issues to arthritis pain and high cholesterol. It's also cheap and natural :) My friend had a bad cold a while ago and I told her to try it. She's given up her morning cup of coffee for it!!

Thanks everyone for prayers for my Grandpa. He has some really bad days and some not quite so bad days. I think it's the combination of medications that he's on for his heart, pain, and anxiety but, he is so weak and his back is so painful that he can't get around very well. He has fallen a few more times, but my aunt is doing her best to keep him home. He's got a bracelet that he can press if he falls and can't get up that alerts the paramedics (I think). I think the pain makes him grumpy, but his mood always seems better after we've been there a little bit. I think talking farming with hubby and just taking his mind off his problems helps a lot. Icecream seems to help too LOL!!

We had a heifer calf we named milkshake. I need to get pictures uploaded to show you. She's really cute. I don't know if I mentioned the twins we had a couple weeks ago. We named them Hocus and Pocus :) They're some ornery girls I tell you!!!

We're also trying not to melt right now. The storms keep going around us so we haven't had much more than some sprinkles, but the heat and humidity are unbearable!!!

Well, I need to get some dishes washed and laundry put away so I should quit procrastinating and get to it.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  11:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Nora...I could give you a lot of Nice Rain right now. I would rather you had it than me as you do seem to enjoy it. LOL
I am sick of it. I guess having the wettest 8 months in the History of our State could do that to one. And we are known
for being a rainy part of the Country to begin with. I think I'm beginning to Mold from all the Wetness. LOL

Heather...I like Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. I just used some in a protein smoothie this morning to see if I liked the mixture
of sweet and sour together. It really wasn't bad. I'm listening to a series of books on Farmlife (strictly fiction stories) but
they are all about sustainable farming and living and they drink raspberry iced tea with organic vinegar in it and rave about the combination of the sweet and sour. That I will have to try some time too. I did think my protein drink tasted good with it.
Love the names of your ornery girls. Hocus and Pocus seems so fitting. Can't wait to get a look at Milkshake! LOL ~ I can tell you for sure that pain makes a person grumpy. Two nights ago I was overly tired from waiting on my son hand & foot, my husband was being
extremely demanding. When he wants something done for him...the whole world must come to a screeching halt and I must do it for him
immediately. I was having a bad Fibro day as it was...so finally with everything done that I could do for both men and I was plenty grumpy...I went into my room and put on my headphones to listen to a book and got out my Kindle and played some games while I listened
and just relaxed in my bed. I don't get enough of that. So, I can relate to your grumpy grandpa...and you are so perceptive to notice that just getting his mind off his pain is a great (and much appreciated, I'm sure) distraction for him. And Ice-cream never hurts make the Mood better! LOL You can't FIX him but you can add a very pleasant period of distraction for him.

Well, all I have done is spend my time with Papa God this morning...but Time well spend I can assure you. I have decided to teach on Revelation this coming Fall. In fact I had one of my newer gals in the Study ask me if I would consider it and I told her yes. It is always a fascinating study to do. This I think will be my fourth study on it over the years...so, I am looking forward to it. Beth Moore has a CD Study on it called "Here and Now...There and Then." It is an Eleven Video Series with just a small amount of Homework each week. I will fill in with my own Study on the Subject and blend it with
Beth's as I always do.

OK, Snickers my Scottish Terrier is begging me to take him out in the rain for a little walk. Ugh! I will probably Melt out in it like the Wicked Witch of the West...but he will Love it and ignore my moans and groans. LOL I had to order a new Pet Stroller for hi last night as we have worn this one out after
five years. He loves those rides where I do all the work and he just sits and enjoys it. I would too but so far he hasn't offered to exchange places with
me.

Have a Great Day...and think of something Wonderful to do for the Men in Your life this Weekend.

Love and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  3:04:12 PM  Show Profile
Heather, can't wait to see pictures of the girls. I love them when they're babies.
Peggy, wish I could come walk your doggie for you. Of course, this winter I'd probably sing a different song. I don't like cold rain.

Got my treadmill set up. But I have to unplug the window air conditioner to use it. So I'm not making great strides yet, but I am getting on it a couple times a day for a little. Anything's better than nothing.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  6:01:02 PM  Show Profile
Heather, this is so funny(weird). I just wrote patsy and sent her a copy of Almanac blog where they were making Haymaker Punch or Switchel, as they called it back in the old days. Even kids drank it when working or playing hard. I just whipped up a batch. It's better for you than Gatorade and does the same thing. Gatorade has so much junk in it.It's 1 gal water, 1 c. molasses, maple sugar, honey, Br.sugar(your choice of sweetner),!/3 c apple cider vinegar( I use organic w/ mother in it, 1 T. fresh ginger, if you have it and can grind it yourself. Mix it up and pour over ice. You can adjust it to your own taste too. They also said you can add seltzer if you want too.I like it. Very tasty and satisfying.I drink water with c.vinegar over ice all summer long. Very good when it's hot.
Wish you were having some of the rain we've had Heather. One storm the other day was blinding. Couldn't see my neighbors across the street... For about 10 minutes straight.
Looking forward to seeing more baby animal pics.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  3:20:54 PM  Show Profile
Ok Gals... Tea Swap Envelopes mailed out.
93 and very little breeze out there. Looking forward to the 77 they are calling for on SonDay!
It's fun watching all the baby birds out there learning to fly. Watch yer step... they're everywhere and not afraid of humans. They're always in my path when I walk around my yard. Mama's are overhead trying to shout orders and 'baby' just sits there without a care in the world, like, "Mama, I hear you, but this is all soooo cool! I just wanna sit here and watch." I make a big loop out of my way so as not to give Mama a heart attack! Haha
Enjoy God's wonders Girlie's!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  09:02:17 AM  Show Profile
Judy...OK, girl I am totally confused!!! How do you make Haymaker Punch w/Mother in it??????????????????? LOL
What is the real word you meant to put there? I might want to try this myself...but I'm not putting Mother
in it...your's or mine. Though mine is a tempting thought!! LOL

Hugs and Giggles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  09:05:24 AM  Show Profile
good morning girls,
Just taking a break from clean up. We had a massive storm yesterday and a tornado went right through our little farm. Most of our trees are destroyed, had some damage to our house but thankfully small and we still have a house. Took out a portion of our fence. It was scary. Thankfully we have a basement to go to. We are supposed to get more rain today. it is sticky out. Please pray we don't have terrible storms again. Everyone is on edge today as we clean up.

This is just a small area of our farm. Our cows and calves were out there in the storm but thankfully they are safe and my poor dogs were freaked out. I just know God was taking care of us.
hope yall are having a great day.
Love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  09:43:29 AM  Show Profile
Peg, you are a nut! I put the recipe on there for Haymaker Punch(Switchel) and I use apple cider vinegar(with the Mother in it). It's organic. The filmy bits in the bottom of the vinegar is called 'Mother', because you are suppose to be able to reuse it to make more vinegar... kind of like making Kombucha tea over and over with the same Scoby. and it let's you know that it's good vinegar, unlike some store-bought and generic vinegars that have been diluted and colored. I have to say, I've never tried to re-make my own with the Mother, but I hear that you can. In the old days they even put rum in it. Google it and read all about it. Even Congress had a big vat of it in their meetings and they would get up, walk up to it, dip in their mugs and drink deep(their words... Almanac article), then go back to talking. Neat huh?
So, ya, the recipe is up above if you want to make some. Vinegar is all the rage in Hollywood now and restaurants are even serving vinegar beverages now. Vinegar is 'Giggly-Good' stuff.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  11:33:50 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...so sorry for the mess at your Farm...BUT PRAISE THE GOOD LORD that YOU guys are alive and He was protecting you!!! Messes, Freak-outs, and anxious animals can be dealt with but lost lives are harder to deal
with for those left behind. Take Heart and keep sharing The Gratitude for Him sheltering you guys under His
Mighty Wings! Prayers going your way for the clean up and anxious hearts!

Judy...LOL, you guys and your Mid-West mixed with Southern Slang. I'm laughing still!! Who would call those
little Organic sludges floating around "MOTHER". Oh, Mercy!!! Giggle/Snort! Maybe they should be called Mother In Laws because they just don't want go away!!! Giggle...no disrespect because I Loved Mine...but some people
don't feel the same way. LOL

Have you ever tried it with Raspberries in it? I think it would help the Vinegar Flavor. As you probably know
Organic Vinegar is even more potent than that cheap distilled vinegar. OK, leaving you both on the Porch and I'm heading off for a walk still giggling my head off!!

Have a Great Weekend Girls!

Love and Laughter (God's Best Medicine),
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  5:15:51 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'll let you know. I'm going to do some research on each ingredient too but so far they look fine. I'm using Plexus slim, I also got their probiotics and another product because there was a sale but not sure I will use all of them consistently because it gets pricey. It was originally a weight loss product but they realized weight loss results when your gut is healthy then they realized so many other things (basically everything) are tied to a healthy gut so now their real goal is helping people heal their guts. I'll keep you posted on how it is going. So far it seems to be helping with my sugar cravings which is definitely good because sugar certainly wasn't helping my issues!!

Got my oldest (helper) off to camp this week will be interesting. We are having some storms blow through but so far nothing severe at our place. Have our homeschool conference at the end of this week so it will be busy.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  6:07:51 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, so sorry for the damage to your place, thankfully everyone and thing is okay. I'd be like your dogs - freaking out.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  8:25:59 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ya'll
We managed to quite a bit cleaned up today. Some of my hubby's students came out and helped along with family. It is rather sad to me as it was so beautiful and now it is ugly mess. We had to cut most of the trees down. Insurance will come next week to look at damage to house and fences. I am off to have some tea and look at the night sky and thank God again for protecting not only is but many neighbors as well.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  08:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, I was so sorry to hear of your storm damage. I will pray for your patience and optimism while going through clean up. Glad to hear you are ok yourselves. It makes the heart feel good to have help in your husband's students. Having been through this sort of thing I can tell you that your land will become beautiful again. Hugs!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  10:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy so glad to hear that you were not affect more than you were. I went through a couple of tornadoes in my area and as you suffered only minor damage compared to others in the neighbor. Hope things will begin to look up for you.
Becky

Friends, like heirlooms, are a special treasure
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2017 :  1:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, so sorry I missed commenting on your storm last post. I too am very glad that God had his hand on you and your animals. It sounds as if we are ALL Praising Him for that!!!
We just had a nasty storm come thru an hour ago. Again, I was running like mad closing windows. I hollered down the steps for Dave to close the 1st floor windows... but he was in the basement(safe n sound) and didn't hear me. Ya...I had a mess to clean up later when I found all those windows still open. *huff* Men!!! He didn't even know it was storming. WHAT??? Ya deaf? He said, "huh?" *smack*
lol
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 18 2017 1:56:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  11:04:18 AM  Show Profile
Judy you make me giggle. Got your sweet tea package today. Lovely. OK back to cleaning house a chore I am not fond of and keep getting distracted lol.
Hugs and love,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

MailLady
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  12:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh goodness Tammy, what a mess. It is raining here yet again. We've had 10" in the past week. Enough is enough already. I was trying to sand some boards on my porch but the rain is cold and blowing at me. I need new sandpaper anyway.

Christine #7397
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  4:51:56 PM  Show Profile
Judy, got my tea package today. Love the selections and tucks. Thanks.

You all are really getting a lot of rain. We have had a little but nothing like 10" in a week.
I got my first ripe tomato yesterday. It had bud rot though so no tomato sandwich. I add some tums to the pot and have my fingers crossed that it will be the only one.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2017 :  10:21:39 AM  Show Profile
Got my package too Judy. Great selection of tea!!!! Love the tucks too :) I hope you're out enjoying this beautiful weather today!!! We finally got about 1/2 an inch of rain yesterday. It's so nice to not sweat while just sitting around doing nothing!!!

Tammy - Sorry to hear of the mess. Thanking God for your safety though. I would love to move to Kansas, but the tornadoes scare me.

Here's a few pictures:
The twins shortly after they were born:

Pocus on the left Hocus on the right. Don't they look so calm and peaceful as they're napping? It didn't last long!
Here they are in their new homes:

This is what Hocus is usually doing:

She loves to run!

Here's Milkshake and her momma Myrtle:

This is Myrtle's first calf and she's a wonderful mother!!

Here's what happens when I get the camera out:

Felicity is trying to eat it!

Spaz thinks it might taste good with her grain LOL!!

Well, I need to get to making my strawberry jam so I can get done before milking.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page