Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  1:55:15 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Shannon there are some nuggets in TTUAC but a lot of stuff that doesn't jive with me at all, I'm like you much more intuitive attachment parenting type. The tomato staking I actually really like most of the time I just know right now it isn't doable although I'm sort of doing a modified version as much as I can :). Foreign or not you don't tell someone they killed their child when they have miscarriages that is just cruel. I also combine what I find from multiple parenting "experts" and take what makes sense to me and leave the rest.....that said right now it doesn't appear to be working well lol.

Yes the dog is fine with the kids she just really really doesn't like the other dog.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  2:01:28 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, the vet sold us a plug in when we got the new kittens. I saw it at Petco also. It did make my oldest cat sick. But they stay in the same rooms now. Might help with the dogs also.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  4:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...I am so sorry that woman said that to YOU. That is absolutely horrible!!! I couldn't agree with Sabrina more about that!
And you are absolutely right...God numbers our days before we are ever born. Women Miscarry all the time. My mom had 5 miscarriages, My sister had 1 and I had one. Those were extremely sad and emotional times for each one of us. My sister and I were pregnant at the same time and she miscarried at 5 months. But she still loved me through my pregnancy and through a baby-shower for me and I know she did
all of that despite her pain and broken heartedness. She was never able to have her own children. If someone would have said that to her..I probably would have cold conked them. ~ Was this woman an Iridologist too?

Sabrina...I was wondering how a Thistle Infusion would taste. Blah, Blah! And FYI you can have allergies to certain herbs or herbal combinations too. So be careful girls. Our sweet Judy gave me some of her wonderful herbal tea mixture that she makes and it was her Chamomile tea...smells so good, taste wonderful, but every time I drink it I start coughing and can't stop. I haven't tried the other one she gave me (I know...chicken!) but I will. I'm just saying...even if something is "Suppose" to be good for you...you can have adverse reactions to it. Especially if you have an ultra sensitive system like some people do.

Nora...I am glad you have some fun Summer Plans to look forward to...even though you are on your own this weekend. I still have a couple more trips I want to make also. One to Canada with my hubby and one to Spokane with my hubby and a lot of fun weekends with my kids. Keeps life fun and exciting and it is always nice to have something to look forward too.

I'm off to the Book Store with my hubs. More later my Porchies!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 26 2017 4:49:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  9:31:48 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porch-Buds!
Bad news first, get it over with. We had to put our beloved Rascal kitty down yesterday. He's had bladder problems for awhile now and it was getting worse. He was only 9 but his health was failing fast, so we did what we think was best. It's hard to call that kind of thing. We are going to miss his BIG personality. We've had some wonderful cats over the years, but he had that something extra, a dog-like manor. He loved to be outside in the yard on his leash, with us EVERY time we went out. Complained (LOUDLY) if we left him in. Made sure we didn't have a good time out there by ourselves. Yup, He Will Be Missed!
Pasty got home, got Kim and Blaize settled in and then....got sick. A head and chest cold. She's had a couple of down days but is springing back now, I think. Her son is planning a couple of days of cook-outs, so they are making lots of side dishes for that... which HAS to be interesting since she doesn't have a stove yet. She had the electric stove taken out, by her son, had wood laminate floors laid by a floor crew and her craft room painted by her DIL... all while she was up here. She wants a gas stove. So she has to have a new gas line put in after the holiday w/e. She has her eye on a dream stove with double ovens and 5 burners and a griddle. I told her, "Don't hesitate... Go for it! You are going to be cooking for 4 adults and 3 hungry kids now that you are close to all of them. Get what you want!" I love the double oven idea. If I had a lot of people to cook for, I'd want a nice stove.
Shannon, I am so sorry that you were subjected to that woman. What a horrible way to talk to people. I'm just shocked that a person like that is even allowed to get a license to practice. She's doing more harm than good with that mouth of hers. BIG(((((HUGS)))))girly!
Peg, so glad you had a nice time away. We really missed you around here though, don't ya know? Glad you are back.
We had a nice Friday night festival here in town with good food, hometown folk and a couple of good bands to entertain us. A good way to begin our holiday weekend. I hope you all enjoy your weekend! Be safe!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  06:21:44 AM  Show Profile
Nora- this dog is outside most of the day but I got a collar that has the same stuff as the plug in but she is still acting aggressive to my other dog. We have used those plug in for other animals with other issues.

Peggy-yeah it is gross. Luckily I've never had allergies to any herbs but of course would discontinue if I had any reactions. I have had lots of reactions to regular medications.

Judy-I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is horrible :(. My inside cat who we took to and from germany with us has disappeared. Got out at some point and hasn't come home, I'm still hoping maybe she will turn up.

I didn't give you the current count.....we have had 3 litters of kittens so far which brings us to 16 total cats with one more litter on the way (we will be looking at getting cats fixed after this lol). We lost some chickens and guineas so we are down to 20 birds and I have 1 bee hive. Since my brother's dog is here we have 3 dogs and of course there are the 5 kids. Lots of things depending on me. I'm glad I didn't get rabbits this year- I think I have enough!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  08:55:37 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina, read somewhere that if you put their litter box out, they will smell it and come home. Haven't tried it.
Judy, so sorry for the loss of your kitty.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  9:04:17 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, how awful for you, having your kitty run off. I'm so sorry. What a worry.
Lenora, I've never heard of that litter box trick. Around here, every cat in the neighborhood would use it and tell their friends. hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  12:16:48 AM  Show Profile
Judy...so sorry about your kitty. It is always hard to lose our Fur-babies! Praying for your broken heartedness. ~ I wasn't surprised to hear that Patsy got sick...her plate has been very full for a long time now and some major emotional struggles. I pray she get's better
soon!! I hate summer colds they are just the worst!!! Thanks for missing me Bud. It is hard to believe I was at the Beach just last
weekend...I'm already missing it!! LOL Today it was 90 here and I loved it!!!

Sabrina...some dogs will just never get along. My Shih Tzu was one of them. She was fine when she was the only one but when we had
two dogs she was mean and bit them and us...when we tried to break them apart. My husband and I still have scars from her. When she
was the only dog in the house she was so sweet and happy. She didn't like sharing her people with any other animal. We had to put her
down when she got in a fight with our Scotty Pup and he accidently scraped her eye ball trying to get away from her. The Emergency Vet
wanted 1,200 that night to do surgery and sew her eyeball back in. He said that since she was so aggressive it would just keep happening...so, we had to make the hard choice to put her down...because we couldn't afford that surgery and it had to be done. It cost us $400.00 to have her put down. Now, I would never raise more than one dog at a time unless they were both pups and I raised them
together from 8 weeks old.

Nora...I never heard that about the Litter Box. I'm not a cat person but that would be worth trying that's for sure!

Well, we had fun at Elijah's Birthday Party today. Larry went but didn't stay long. He has had a bad week!! I was just happy he
went for a little while...and held Elijah and teased with him. Elijah adores his Grandpa Larry and always has. Savannah adores her
Grandpa Wil. It is kind of funny how they chose one over the other. We went to The Trampoline Park where Elijah broke his leg.
All went well and even 17 month old Savannah had a blast bouncing on the Trampolines with her parents and by herself. She has
no fear...just like her brother!!! Sadie is just like that too. And Shane doesn't like any sport where they can carry you away in an
Ambulance. LOL Sadie is a Snowboarder, skier, was a Cheerleader and on the Dance Team. She is tiny and petite so she was always the
one highest on top and being thrown and flipped etc. Shane may have heart failure with his two children before he gets them raised.
Elijah wants to take Marshall Arts right now and gymnastics. And Savannah wants to do what ever her brother is doing. So funny!

Well, this Grandma is tired and ready for bed. I am very sore and achy tonight. I got all my 10,000 steps in day this week and with the
head it zaps me. Plus I was breaking in new walking sandals. Hope I can make it to Church tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams My Pretties,
Big Hugs, peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  11:59:58 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, so glad the birthday party was a hit. My dad always chose the youngest grandchild over the others. It bothered me because how did the one that was one upped felt. My son was the youngest in the end.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  4:36:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks gals for all your sympathy. I keep seeing him everywhere I look.
Sabrina, Dave said that your cat moved back to Germany because she didn't speak the language here. Other cats made fun of her. I hope she turns up too.
Pasty said that she didn't feel like eating today. She still feels crummy.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 30 2017 :  6:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy, my whole family has been dealing with some sort of sinus/summer cold crud and it has been awful. I think we are finally getting over it. I hope Patsy feels better soon.

Well I got on here to let y'all know that the cat just showed back up!! After over 2 weeks, I had about given up I can't believe it. She is thinner and her fur is a hot mess but she doesn't appear to be injured or anything and she seems happy to be home. She told my daughter (who is "hers") that she wanted to go to bed! LOL Funny animals.

Odd thing is Peggy the dog is ok with my brother's dog but hates my other dog. We are rather stuck with her now...hubby doesn't want to give up on her and how do you give away a dog with any aggression issues?? So she started prozac friday, we will see what happens.

Just thought I would pop in and say hi and share the news about the cat!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 30 2017 :  6:58:17 PM  Show Profile
Glad the kitty came home safely.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  11:55:44 AM  Show Profile
Hello yall
Just thought I would fly in here. Heheh with happy butterfly wings. I am out of school for summer and on Saturday I am off for a week to Texas, warm sun, and beach sand. To say I am excited is an understatement and also going to see my sweet daddy and stepmom. I need a refresh and renewal and this is where I do it.

Judy so sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty.

Peggy so glad you had a great birthday with Elijah. I have been enjoying your pictures on facebook. I feel like I am walking with you.

Shannon, dear one you are in my prayers. I am so sorry for how that woman talked to you. God knows you are hurting and he is taking care of you.

ok ladies, it is way too nice to be inside so I am off for a walk.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

DoeDear
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Dorothy
St. Louis Missouri
USA
12 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  12:45:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi I'm new here! I've been reading the posts and have really enjoyed everything everyone has to say. Forgive me for not remembering names but I wanted to respond to a few things. To our sister who had the horrible experience with the herbalist- my prayers. Words can wound far deeper than knives and I'm so sorry you went through that. Our sister who lost her cat - loving my animals as I do I know your pain. I had to put my male cat with bladder issues down and the pain is so hard but I know he's safe in the arms of Jesus. Our sister with fibromyalgia- I have RA and my sister got me a "fascia blaster" and it's been amazing. A lot of women are using it for cellulite but it was originally developed for fascia pain. I can certainly see a difference in my pain. Just wanted to share my thoughts! Dorothy

"The sun was rising behind her now; she could feel the heat on her back, and it gave her courage." William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  4:49:04 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch Dorothy. Pull up a rocker and have a cup of tea.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  5:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi porch friends - just got back from Vermont this afternoon, so have been out of touch for a couple of weeks. Got Mom settled back in her Vermont house for the summer. I really have my doubts that she should be staying alone, but she is very independent and determined, so we'll see how it goes. I'll be going back up there in a couple of weeks for my high school reunion, so will see how she seems to be doing at that point. I hope everyone got their tea packages - I can't find the tracking slips from the post office, but if anybody is missing theirs, let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day and Memorial Day. Sure wish the weather here in the east would dry up and warm up. I'm so ready for a fishing trip!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  7:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Judy so sorry about the loss of your cat. Mine are getting older and I am dreading the day when I have to face that. For now I enjoy them very much. I can't image how that will feel.

Shannon, It was so wrong of that woman to say that to you. Someone who does that for a living should know that herbs, and anything in the natural way is to heal not destroy. I am speechless to know that there are people out there calling themselves nutritionist and getting away with that kind of behavior.

Tammy have a great summer vacation. Before you know it the time will be gone and you will be starting a new year. It seems the older I get the quicker time flies by.

Nothing new going on around here. It has been raining a lot and we are still trying to get our garden area ready for planting. Hopefully Adam will be able to come out in a week and disc our garden area and I can plant. For now I am going to start the seeds inside and hope that when they are big enough I can plant them in the ground. Feeling pretty good. Had a couple of setbacks, and am healing pretty good from them.

Have a good evening. I am going bed to do a little reading.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  8:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy, sorry about your kitty. So sad when it happens but we who have been there cry with you. Our furbabies are our kids! Memories are good and help to heal.
Is your MIL still doing good? How's Patsy doing?

Sabrina, is kitty grounded? She must be a teenager! LOL! Everyone around here had all the sinus, allergy junk and then the vomitting and diarrhea hit like a bomb! My daughter has 5 kiddos and it went from one to another! Yikes. Hope you all feel better!

Welcome Dorothy. Sit back and sip some tea and join in where you want. We love on each other no matter what the need is. If we need to rant, cry, need help with something, want a recipe etc., here's the nonjudgmental porch with open arms! Everyone is safe here! God has brought us together for a reason and I'm so glad he did!

Luanne, hope your mother does okay by herself. All you can do is let her try. As long as she has her right mind , she's in charge. Scarey for you though! Trust that God will protect her!

Peggy, glad you had a nice beach vacation. Your son is good to you!

TLT, enjoy your beach vacation! I love the beach! Lucky you!

Nora, how's your garden doing?

Going to breakfast in the morning with my Bible study group. Missing our weekly get togethers already! Great ladies!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  8:29:52 PM  Show Profile
Dorothy...Welcome to The Porch!!! I hope you will not just hide in the Background and read but will pull up a rocker and keep sharing. I am one of
the gals on The Porch with Fibro...and I was so interested to hear about the "Fascia Blaster"...I am going to have to google that and take a look see.
I am all for anything that helps with pain! So, thank you so much for mentioning it. See, you just made yourself an "Official Porchie" because that is
what we all do. We come together and encourage, uplift, tease, laugh, and sometimes Cry together. It is really nice to have a safe place to come and vent
and rant if we need to also.

Becky...so glad to hear that you are feeling and doing a bit better! Well, with all the wet weather you are having I hope you are getting some good use
out of that Prayer Shawl. I keep a Red Shawl draped over my recliner in the Living Room and pull it over me for my catnaps. Well, this morning I am walking out of the Kitchen and there is my Scottie Terrier all snug as a bug laying on it. It must have been knocked off my recliner when either my hubby or I
passed through and Snickers just thought it was a gift fallen from heaven right onto the floor for him. He gave me a, "Awe, come on Mom...just a bit longer" look when I shooed him off of it. LOL He definitely has good taste...it is very soft. But one of my DIL's made it for me for my Birthday several years ago and I just love it...so no dog hair allowed! LOL

Teacher Tammy...we expect lots of fun Beach Pictures!!! And like Becky said, enjoy every second because the Summer Fun Flies by all to FAST. My middle son
Patrick said to me last night..."Hey, Mom can you believe how fast this year is going???" He is 38 and I said, "Wait until your my age honey if you want
to see FAST" LOL

Luanne...I use to love fishing years ago. So...relaxing and fun. But my hubby and boys hated picking out the bones from Rainbow Trout (big sissies) and so I gave up on it. I just started by Salamon from the Meat Market and had the Butcher debone it for my City Slicker Men Folk. LOL ~ Well, I hope your Mama does ok at home just for the Summer Months. You will get a good feel for how she is doing when you go back for your reunion I'm sure. My mom is 84 and still lives by herself and drives everywhere. As she is aging she is less inclined to keep an immaculate yard and house but hey, I can't fault her for that...I am less inclined myself. Somedays, I count it a good thing if I get my bed made and kitchen cleaned. LOL

Sabrina...so glad to hear your cat came home. Let's hope she isn't pregnant!! It doesn't sound like you need anymore kitties around your place. LOl I laughed when I read what Judy shared about your cat going back to Germany...because she didn't know the language here. Which poses the question do animals speak in foreign languages??? What do you think?

Nora...when do you make your first trip for the Summer? I am already do go somewhere again. It was so nice when we were at the Beach...just to get away and have a change of scenery. My Doctor told me yesterday that I needed all those big and small times away to help me keep from stressing too much over my
hubby's health issues. He is so right! But on a daily basis my walking and time with Papa-God help keep my stress levels down too. Tonight my hubby got upset over me not wanting to attend a Bridal Shower for a girl I haven't seen since she was 5 yrs. old. With my Fibro...somedays 1 more thing on my plate is just "One thing too many." So, he left the house mad at me and I went and took a walk and then we both came home in better moods. It works for me.

Off to order a Birthday Gift for one of my Grand-daughters in Seattle. She is turning 5 in two days.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  8:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Becky, must have been posting at the same time. Glad you're feeling better. Congratulations FGOTM!

Shannon, that person should be ashamed of herself. Words mean something. Unfortunately some people don't know how to use them The Lord says what is in your heart is what comes out of your mouth and the tongue heals or harms. I'm sorry she did this to you. You aren't what she says you are, you are what God says you are. Amen!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  10:23:41 PM  Show Profile
Becky...I somehow Missed That YOU are our New Famrgirl of The Month!!! Congrats!

Darlene...Howdy, Girlfriend...do you have the Bathtubs filled with water and ready for the Summer Heat? I still want the Red One! LOL

Dorothy...I just read up on the Fascia Blaster and decided to give it a try. I found one on Amazon...19 inches...and ordered it for only 24.50 instead
of the one for 89.00. They Looked the same but I liked the price difference. I will let you know how I like it when It comes and I try it.

Good Night Girls...Sleep Tight,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  11:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I don't have the water in yet because it hasn't been nice enough. Also, we have had raccoons . We relocated the one and just caught the second one tonight. It will get relocated tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be anymore! I prefer not to share the tub with them!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

DoeDear
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Dorothy
St. Louis Missouri
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2017 :  07:12:53 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - I hope it works for you. Just be sure to use just enough pressure to feel it. I find that I have to take 2 days off in between. It has made a huge difference in the pain. It's still there but in the background if that makes sense!
Becky congrats on FGTM! Now can someone tell me what that means? #128522;
Happy June!

"The sun was rising behind her now; she could feel the heat on her back, and it gave her courage." William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

DoeDear
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Dorothy
St. Louis Missouri
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2017 :  07:14:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh there was supposed to be a smiley face there!

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2017 :  09:01:19 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, the garden almost got washed out. We had three inches of rain in two days. But I was out hoeing this morning early and the beans are up fairly high for only being in the ground this short of time. My cherries are starting to ripen. I was mowing between the garden and the cherry tree yesterday and a black snake went slithering across the yard toward the creek. I bet if he was stretched out he would have been over five feet. I hate to see him around the chicks but I guess its better than mice.

Peggy, unfortunately, my summer plans are no more than 20 miles from the house. I guess we'll get to Delaware in the early fall to do some more yard work for Jay's mom. I'm waiting to see if my granddaughter wants to come for a visit this year. I usually get her for a play at the children's theater at JMU and she stays a day or two. But the ones this year look pretty young for an upcoming 5th grader. If she wants to come up I'll go to Roanoke and get her and take her back. The rest of the time is in the garden or in a rocker on the front porch.
Heaven.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page