Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  7:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is so neat Tami! I love meeting new homeschooling moms and children. I do not homeschool but someday when I get married and have kids I would love to. :) My mom however homeschools all 4 of us kids ( I am 15 years old). I have 2 older brothers ( 19 and 18) and 1 younger sister ( 14) and we have all been homeschooled all our lives.
Thanks so much for asking!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  9:45:59 PM  Show Profile
I homeschool my two oldest and will homeschool my youngest when she's old enough. I am drying rose petals for my spring tea and soaking some for rose jelly. Tomorrow I will be pickin crab apples for spiced apple butter and mulberries for jam. I guess I'll be cannin tomorrow night. Hope everyone's day went okay. Mine was all about the laundry, so it kinda sucked. That's what the porch is for though, to recoop and recharge on!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  10:24:18 PM  Show Profile
I wish more than anything, that I could homeschool my youngest daughter. My two grown daughters did well in public school, but my youngest, who is 13 and has mild Aspergers, really struggles sometimes because of her social glitches. There are "safety nets" in our schools here for all children on the Autism Spectrum, so that is helpful. Plus my daughter really loves learning and she connects with the teachers and so far, she's had awesome teachers. But kids can be mean and it's so hard for her. Every day since she started kindergarten, I wished I could homeschool. But I'm divorced, so as a single mom, it's impossible since I work full time. Plus in order to truly help my daughter socially, she needs the Autism team. She's mainstreamed and does excellent academically. It's so hard but I am SO happy so many of you are able to homeschool your children. And Channah, I'm so happy you've had the gift of being homeschooled, which you will someday pass on to your children. Bless you all and more prayers for you Peggy!!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  12:47:16 PM  Show Profile
I don't know what my opinion on homeschooling is yet. I've been so blessed at the school I went to since second grade through eigth, and I may want my kids to experience that too. But everyone who talks about homeschooling says how great it is! I do know of one of teachers who is going to do half homeschool, half school next year. I don't know, but I do know that I love hearing all the stories of your children!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  1:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Don't worry about it Megan. You still have lots of time to figure it out yet. :) Enjoy your youth while you can.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  5:34:05 PM  Show Profile
Tami...thanks for asking about my MIL She survived the Heart Attack but it was very serious.
She is out of Cardiac ICU and in to a regular room but looked very weak and exhausted today.
Now that she is holding her own with no machines...she seems to have gone down hill a bit but hopefully that will only be temporary. The saddest thing is her boyfriend had a Stroke the day before her heart-attack (maybe why she had one. But he is completely paralyzed on
the right side of his body and you can hardly understand his speech. It is very slurred. We are going back and forth between two hospitals and they are both seriously worried about one another. It is just all so difficult. Please keep them both in your prayers.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  5:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I am so sorry! They all have my prayers!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  6:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Peggy-you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  7:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm so sorry and you're all in my thoughts and prayers. It's good news that your MIL is holding her own now! We'll pray for her to continue and that her boyfriend also begins to improve. How difficult for all of you! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  9:42:05 PM  Show Profile
Made some herb tea and lemon poppy seed loaf for everyone so we can all sit and offer friendship and prayers for Peggy! Hope everyone can join in. Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  9:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is a wonderful idea Lin. :) How are you doing today?
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  10:08:24 PM  Show Profile
I'm doing fine, Channah!! Thanks for asking!! Busy day, but got lots accomplished! Finishing my Needle Keeper Swap and also Christmas Ornament so I can mail on Monday. I'm trying not to think about going back to work on Monday.......we've sure loved having the week off. And how about you?? Imagine you feel alot of relief having your tests behind you! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  10:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'm so glad to hear it Lin!
I am doing great! I am so glad testing is all over. YAY!! Now I can sit and crochet all I want without having to worry about school.
I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  06:48:44 AM  Show Profile
Peggy- prayers for Patricia and her boyfriend, hugs for you!

We homeschooled for 20 years. My oldest DD is 25 and we started when she was 4. Our youngest DD is 15 and started at a charter school this year. We are not happy with it, so we are looking at options for next year- leaning towards a blend of community college and homeschool. She is the only one left that is school age. Oldest 2 DDs are raising their families while going to college part-time, third DD is looking for a grad school, only DS is joining the navy; he graduated from our local high school. In other words- they were homeschooled and are happy, contributing members of society.

Problems with my potatoes! I never planted potatoes before. I planted them 2 weeks ago and it appears that they are not growing! I am ready to dig one up to see if it is there or if the squirrels got it.

I will bring some rhubarb bread to the porch later today.

Lida
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  09:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Lida, rhubarb bread sounds delicious!!! Lin

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  10:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Very Cool Lida!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  12:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, your family continues to be in my prayers. Channah, I'm trying to enjoy my youth! Last night was my friends graduation party, and it was so much fun! I have found a new game to play: Ultimate Frisbee! It's like football, only with a frisbee, and unlike in football, you can't run with the frisbee in your hand. We had so much fun! Hope everyone's day is going well!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  4:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That sounds like tons of fun Megan!! I love spending time with my friends too.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  12:10:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Everyone for your many prayers...I could feel them wrapped around my shoulders
like a shawl. I am back home from Spokane (but can go back in a hurry if I need to).
Everyone was stable when I left but not doing well. My MIL (is 85) and her boyfriend is
93! They are so adorable and have been companions for about 12 yrs since both their first
spouses died. They are Christians and live in their own homes but he would go to her house
everyday for meals and card games and they both golfed still until last year. They are cute
and amazing...but know they have had nice long lives and both feel ready to meet the Lord.
Problem is...we selfishly aren't ready to loose them yet. But have left them in the Lord's
most capable hands. The other hard one is my sister who is 55 and dying of numerous health
issues. She lives in Spokane too and so I saw her and she looked so frail. She is on oxygen
24/7, must weigh 80 lbs and when she stands up to go to the rest room only her frail little
body shakes from head to toe. So, I was on emotional over-load while in Spokane...but once
I got back home, my hubby and the beautiful sunshine have lifted my spirits. And God has
comforted my heart and soul. What ever happens...happens, He is in control of everyone's
destiny.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  4:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Peggy, my thoughts are with you. Your strength and your family's strength is amazing.

Goodness me! I need a nice glass of ice tea and a good sit. I spent the entire day weeding the pathways and chasing little dogs around the yard. We have a tropical backyard and getting into shape for the season. Now it's time to sit back and relax.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  4:55:45 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, my thoughts continue to be with your family! Your MIL and her boyfriend sound so cute together!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  5:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, so glad you're home and able to relax a bit. Know that it's all very tough, but as you say, it's in His hands now. I'm sorry you're going through this. I'll join you for iced tea, Pam!! Sounds great after 4 days of rain and thunderstorms!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  8:19:14 PM  Show Profile
Pretty new here... have snuck onto the porch a few times to have tea or bring over something sweet to share with you all.

Peggy, my prayers & thoughts are with you and your sis, and MIL and her boyfriend. I had a wonderful relationship with my MIL, too. Miss her so much.

Channah, we home school, too. I have four children & my oldest daughter (sweet 16) will graduate in a couple of yrs. My youngest 4 yo will start home schooling officially with me in a year. Time flies! It has been difficult at times & wonderful, too.

Bringing over some cookies & hot tea. Winding down from working in the garden & planting seeds with my boys today. The greenhouse fried some of my veggie starts, but was able to rescue some of the seedlings to put into the garden.

One of the highlights of today was seeing a grandma lady friend, Liz. She's a master gardener & she is such a warm, relaxed, farm-girl kind of gal... knows how to have fun. She got to meet my boys (7 yo & 4 yo) and the boys played in the creek. I haven't seen her for so long, so to see her again, working in her garden when we were coming back from church was wonderful! I hope to make her some muffins to bring over next weekend :-)

Love...always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Cor 13:7
Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  01:25:32 AM  Show Profile
Again...thank you Sisters for all your words of comfort! Tonight my Step-Son,
His lovely lady, and my grand-daughter came through Portland headed for the
Oregon Coast...so, we met in Portland and I got lots of "I want to cheer your
Heart, Grandma!"; loves from her. She is six and so adorable. She colored me
a picture for my Frig. and I colored one for her. Plus, You know us grandmas,
I put together a last minute travel bag for her...with treats, color book and
crayons, paper and pens, stickers and anything else I had around that I thought she
might like. Grandchildren are such blessings in life and can so lift the spirits.
Oh, and the parents are wonderful too. LOL

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 14 2010 01:29:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  03:00:16 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All!
Peggy- more prayers and hugs. Your MIL and her boyfriend sound like a sweet couple. My MIL is one of my best friends and I love her dearly. I hope to be like her when I grow up! I am also praying for your sister. Yes, grandkids make getting older wonderful! I am far from old, but I see God's wisdom in how he designed the generations to iteract with each other. My 3 grands light up my life, along with their parents!

I intend to spend most of the day sleeping on the porch swing with a quilt due to bronchitis and sinusitis. Go ahead and chatter, it won't bother me. Please help yourself to the fresh strawberry-rhubarb jam I made yesterday. I also put out some leftover dinner rolls my daughter made for dinner last evening- great with the jam. If I find some energy I will make potato bread later today.

Still no potatoes...

Lida
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page