Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  09:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Julie Anne, That is so neat!! All of you homeschool moms are amazing ( including my mom too)!!!!

Peggy, more hugs and prayers coming your way!

Lida, I hope you feel better! Theres plenty of hot tea and soup if that might help. :)

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  09:34:43 AM  Show Profile
Julie Ann, thank you for sharing!! Lida, be better!! Channah's warm tea and soup should help! And Peggy, thank you for keeping us updated and telling us about your sweet granddaughter! Tons for prayers coming your way!! Back at work after a week off, and I'm thankful for a good job, but loved our time at home!!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!

Edited by - Lin on Jun 14 2010 09:37:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  09:37:07 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Lida-get some rest and take care of yourself. Definitely tea and soup! Feel better soon.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  11:48:35 AM  Show Profile
I am almost kid free this week, so it's house cleanin and sortin out the broken toys for me. :( I'd rather be in my garden, but with my 2 oldest at camp there's no one to watch the baby so I can go out there. I guess it'll have to wait for the weekend. I'm makin suntea if anyone wants any!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  1:45:29 PM  Show Profile
mmm, thanks for the sun tea, Angela & the delish soup, Channah! I hope you feel better soon, Lida. Have you ever tried a neti pot for your sinus infection? They help a lot! *tucking you in under a quilt* :-) Off to go water the garden & help my littlest take his nap.

Love...always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Cor 13:7
Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  4:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Angela...you go girl! Take advantage of those kids being gone. That is exactly what I use to do. Amazingly they rarely missed what I cleaned out and got rid of. I kind of did the same thing today with my husbands home office. Every since he went back to work I wanted to clean it up...but with the rainy weather I hurt too badly to do it. But since I got back from Spokane and the rain let up...I have had energy. He was a doll and had our carpets shampooed while I was gone...so, today I tackled his office. It was just like cleaning out a kids room alright! LOL I know he will appreciate it but I will be finding things for him for weeks I am sure. He is terrible at clutter but it is organized clutter (to him anyway).

Ok Channah I will take some soup and hot tea too. Sounds wonderful!

Lida...poor baby, get well. Just snuggle right up on the swing and drink some of that hot
tea and keep covered up. I always hate summer sickness.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  6:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
after a week of rain every day...we have had over 10 inches...the sun has come out. Praising the Lord. He must have felt my heavy heart over needing the sun. I brought soup for the ones feeling bit under the weather, brownies, and of course a pot English Breakfast tea. I am thankful for many things today.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  6:37:59 PM  Show Profile
Yummmm, Tammy........soup, brownies and English Breakfast Tea are a wonderful treat especially for those "under the weather"!!! And speaking of weather, that sun does have such healing power, particularly after so many days of rain!! I baked an apple pie today, so hope you'll all indulge along with the Cinnamon Tea I'm bringing too!!! Hugs to all, Lin

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  7:00:15 PM  Show Profile
I am cannin jelly and crab apple butter! I have a whole bowl of apple butter that I ran out of jars for. Help yourselves Porchies. I have more to make each week for about a month yet. I have the living room, kitchen, and main bath almost finished. It's amazing how much you can get done when your not battlin 3 little girls to do it. I have peas ready to pick and radishes and lettuce that need pulled and replanted. That's on the list for tomorrow. I have to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies too. It seems like a lot, but without the girls in the middle of it all it should go pretty quickly.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  7:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Everything sounds so wonderful! Maybe I won't have to eat breakfast tomorrow. lol
Hugs to everyone!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  7:29:52 PM  Show Profile
You go, Angela!!! Know what you mean about being able to keep your focus on the job at hand without the little ones distracting and "wanting to help"!! Love 'em to pieces, but a break once in a while is important for our sanity!!! Apple butter on some fresh bread sounds wonderful....I'll bring some multi-grain bread!!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  8:19:13 PM  Show Profile
Channah, I have a great idea.........we'll have a "slumber party" on the porch and then breakfast can be "left overs"!!! OR we just stay awake all night and eat, tell stories and laugh until our sides ache!! What do ya think, girls????? Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  8:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Angela, have a good week with your little one! Lin and Channah, I would love to pig out all night!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  8:46:10 PM  Show Profile
Too bad there wasn't a slumber party all-nighter last night...couldn't sleep for nothing. But that (hopefully) means a good night's sleep tonight. I always enjoy winding down the evening on the porch with you ladies and a cup of jasmine green tea. Maybe that's why I couldn't sleep last night, I didn't check in on the porch. :-)

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  8:59:51 PM  Show Profile
Megan and Dana, let's have that slumber party!!! Channah and the rest of you awesome gals, are you up for it???? We'll eat, drink tea, laugh and eventually, those that want to can drift off under the stars. I would surely think it will guarantee you a great nights sleep, Dana!!! What fun!! Lin

Edited by - Lin on Jun 14 2010 9:02:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  9:03:59 PM  Show Profile
Well, time for bed for me. I have 4 dozen jars coolin on the table and the kitchen is clean. The living room and bathroom need about 20 more minutes, but it can wait for tomorrow. I will be ready for the farmers market after about 2 hours tomorrow, then my DH has promised to keep the baby inside with him so I can work in the garden. If I time it right she'll be down for a nap and I can get him to finish up the house for me too. ;)

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  9:09:32 PM  Show Profile
Wow Angela, you got SO much accomplished!!!! I have a feeling you won't have any trouble sleeping tonight!!! Hugs, Lin

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  9:10:07 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun to me too Lin! I'm already checkin' my eyelids for holes though so I have a feeling I'll be out quick!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jun 14 2010 9:10:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  9:17:31 PM  Show Profile
That's okay, Dana....eating, laughing and being totally silly is a great recipe for a great nights sleep!!! Sweet Dreams!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  11:07:21 PM  Show Profile
I am so ready for a slumber party tonight on the Porch. As right now my man and I
seem to be at odds. Ever have one of those nights girls...where they are absolutely
dead wrong and you're dead right but somehow they are mad at you! Sleeping under
the stars sounds like a heavenly idea to me. LOL

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  08:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That sounds like tons of fun Lin!!!

Lida. how are you feeling today?!? I hope tons better!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  08:49:29 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I'm always ready for a slumber party. The hubby is a musician and either plays at night or is on tour during the summer so it's just me and the pups.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  09:01:31 AM  Show Profile
Ohh, a slumber party sounds like fun! I won't be joining it until quite late though. I'll try to not wake people or step on yhou as I arrive. The antoibiotics have been doing their stuff! I feel better but still cough a lot unless I take the narcotic cough med.

I will be in late because DD#3 has been traveling around Europe with her best friend for the last 3 weeks. Her friend's family was supposed to pick them up at the Toronto, Canada airport, about 3.5 hours from here. Due to a family emergency they can't do it. I am the only one with a passport so I get to make the journey. No good cough meds until I get home tonight. Her flight gets in around 11 p.m.

On a different note- my reluctant potatoes are up and enjoying the sunshine!

Carpe diem!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  09:45:47 AM  Show Profile
Sleeping in a canoe on the water is the best of all. I did that at Girl Scout camp one year, and even though I got bitten more times than I have fingers and toes, it was very relaxing.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  09:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh thats funny Megan! lol I have never done that.

Lida, I am so glad you are feeling better!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page