Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  12:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Judy - I had debated that, but we really hadn't gone far. The trip to the zoo is over 1.5 hours and she was fine. Will some trips make you sick and others not?

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  4:05:18 PM  Show Profile
Actually I'm fine now.Mama said that if I ate a very light meal(bread n jelly n glass of milk)I was fine but if I skipped breakfast or ate too much, I would get sick... every time. The only thing that gets to me now is very winding, crooked roads like some of the ones in the N.C. mountains where my sis lives.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  4:58:18 PM  Show Profile
Looks like it was a stomach bug. Two others of the children are now sick :( My 7 year old just went to bed with a massive headache as well. Tomorrow is my 37th birthday and I REALLY wanted to start my day in church! Looks like that is not happening :( When oh when will everyone be healthy and STAY healthy?

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  5:13:27 PM  Show Profile
My Youngest step-daughter use to always get car sick...and like you Judy it was mostly on winding roads. Like on our trips to the Beach etc.
Not fun! I think she out grew it eventually.

Oh that massive headache thing goes with the creeping crud that I just got over. I hope they don't have it as long as some people.
Mine and my husbands lasted about 3 weeks but some people it is last in 6 -8 weeks. Not fun! And some people are getting it twice.
Let's pray against that happening!

Happy Birthday ,,, Hope you don't have to spend the whole day home with sick kids. Have the older kids watch the younger and you and
Hubby get out for a couple of hours. Maybe a nice dinner out.

My husband is taking the whole family out to dinner tomorrow night. He hasn't done that for a very long time...so it should be fun getting everyone
Together. Even my middle son agreed to come. Which was shocking but I am pleasantly pleased that he said yes.

Going to Saturday Night Church in a few minutes. Then hopefully hanging out with my youngest son and grandkids tomorrow. I haven't seen them since
Easter and boy am I needing some Grandkid time.

Have a lovely rest of the weekend Girls!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  7:56:24 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Shannon!! Praying for the sick kiddo's! Your church needs to have a 'Healing & Anointing' service!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 16 2016 7:58:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  08:48:11 AM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday ladies,
It is windy and warm here in my neck of the woods. We have wind for week straight. I don't know how my butterfly wings would handle a day without it. lol

Peggy Beth Moore was fabulous. I came home with much on my heart and God did a little shaking up into my business if you know what I mean. I get what you say about walking. I do that four days a week. I just have to get out and well I have my goal of 10,000 steps on my fitbit. Gotta make that lol

Judy you cracked me up. I too was wondering what a blood worm was...lol

We are down to 19 days with kiddos at my little school. Then we have some teacher days. today is our spring musical and then I must get groceries. Came home from Beth Moore to find out my washer may have bit the dust. That is not good for this madame butterfly who has chore clothes etc. They are coming to look tomorrow but I am not sure it is fixable.

well time for some lunch. Hope yall are having a great day
love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  3:49:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! I'm back from Michigan. We got home last night and it felt so good to be back in our own home and our own bed (sighing with bliss). Makes me think of The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy kept saying "There's no place like home" over and over. People out there think we're crazy to move here and we think they're crazy to put up with everything there LOL Traffic seemed even worse then it was when we moved. The roads were much worse. I honestly think our worst dirt roads here are better then their highways out there. The news was nothing but killings and crime. We are so blessed to have gotten away from all that.

Matt's mom was much worse than we anticipated and is requiring 24 hour care now. Knowing several of you have been through this recently I won't go into what we found. Our visit was instead a week of caregiver care. Almost all our plans to visit friends got cancelled. Thankfully I was able to meet up with 3 of my favorite ladies Saturday night. Thursday after his other sister, Laurie, arrived, we were so mentally exhausted that we ended up taking the whole day off. We had planned to do some shopping in the morning and go to his mom's in the afternoon but ended up going back to his sister's house where we were staying and just sat outside reading. I felt so guilty but we both needed it. Friday night before we left almost the entire family came over including grandkids and great grandkids. We did a potluck supper. His sister, Laurie, had everybody sit in a circle and everybody had to tell a funny story about something they'd done with their mom. It was really nice. I think it was a nice goodbye for her. We doubt she'll survive a month. There were days after we got there we weren't sure Laurie would get there in time but then she'd rally for a bit before crashing again. I really need a couple days to recover but unfortunately I have a packed work schedule this week. Matt brought me home a bouquet of flowers today as a thank you for all I did during the trip. It's only the 3rd time in over 7 years he's ever given me flowers. It made me cry.

Our weather when we got back was somewhat of a shocker. Arrived in Fargo to 73'. Drove to Jordon's to pick up the dogs which is about an hour southwest of Fargo and it dropped down to 50'. When we arrived in Jamestown which is 1.5 hours west of Fargo and it was 43'. That's a 50' drop in temperature!!! Crazy isn't it? Apparently Friday it had been 80' here in town.

Good news!!!! My LLC went through with my first choice in names! I'm so happy and relieved. Now to get my business license in town and the insurance, etc.. and I'll be set to officially open just in time for summer vacations.

Judy - I had to laugh at your crooning to the food ladybug. It would be something I'd do.

Sorry to hear several of you are suffering from bugs. We need this weather to get warmer so we can get rid of all this nastiness. We all need to throw open our windows and get some clean fresh air in.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  12:38:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...we have had more conversation on The Porch this weekend than we did all of
last week total. I love all the chattiness!

Prairie Tammy...Oh, I almost cried with you...when you said Matt bought you flowers for being there
for his mom and family. That was very sweet and thoughtful of him...to appreciate you like that.
Sounds like you guys also realized that the move you made to Jamestown ND several years ago was the
right one for you. That is always affirming to know. ~ I like the fact that the family got to have a
sharing time with his Mom too. Special being able to remember "good times" together. I really pray
for everyone's sake that she doesn't linger long but just passes away in peaceful slumber...and especially for her sake. ~ Also, great news on your business...now you can start getting everything going for summer vacations etc.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, I am so glad that you had a great time at the Beth Moore Conference. And yes, I totally get God getting up in your business and shaking things up a bit. He is extremely good at showing
us where we need a little pruning and trimming. Just remember that He does that so we are able to fully
blossom and bloom...lovelier year after year. ~ Do you and hubby have any vacation fun planned for the
summer? I bet you will be glad to have the boys home for awhile too.

Judy...I'm still chuckling over your Lady Bug... a.K.a Foodie Bug!!! I will never look at another Lady
Bug the same way again. LOL

Shannon...Hope you had a Great Birthday despite the sick children!

I finally got to spend time with my two grandkids today! Oh, my it was just what I needed. Shane and
Elijah came and picked me up first and left mommy home getting herself and Savannah Grace ready to
join us. So, to give them a little time we went To Natural Grocers and did a little shopping. Elijah, Daddy and Grandmama were just having a great time in the store shopping and being silly. Then right before we were ready to leave we walked by a young gal who was stocking the shelves and she said..."I just want you to know how nice it is to hear a Family Laughing, and teasing and having a good time together. That just doesn't happen often enough." I thought that was so sweet of her to say. And we do always have a great
time together like that. We just never think about other people listening to our silliness and enjoying it like we do. Elijah's laughter is something I wish I could can and sell because it is just so
infectious. And it was what I had been missing like crazy for the last three weeks. And he has become quite the little story teller too. He can go on and on and on about something until he has me in stitches.
~ Once we got coffees to go we went and picked up mommy and Savannah...and my has she grown in 3 weeks time. She is 4 months old this coming week and she looks like she is 6 or 7 months old size wise. I don't think she is going to stay tiny like Elijah is. ~ After spending the afternoon with them...they dropped me back home so I could rest for awhile before we met back up for dinner at 7pm at The Old Spaghetti Factory.
Grandpapa was treating tonight. When we stopped to pick my middle son up on the way...he had a beautiful pink rose for me...and he was very sweet at dinner putting his arm around me a lot etc. I think he was trying to make up for all the hassling and grief he gives me on Facebook. He and I cannot talk about Religion or Politics and ever agree about anything. So, I did feel like he was trying to make up for some of our heated conversations in those areas. All in all it was a lovely day and evening and all is right with my World again spending quality time with my Kids and grand-kids. I'm easy to please...love and laughter and I'm good!!!

Well, hope everyone had a great weekend. And now it's Monday Morning already! So, I'm off to bed and my book.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  4:19:17 PM  Show Profile
Catching up or at least trying to. I hope everyone is over the ickies. Have been very busy lately. Always something to keep me hopping. The fit bit, for those who have them, where did you purchase them? Peggy, I think it would be extremely helpful to know how much sleep I am getting a night! Sometimes it seems like none. I can be so sleepy and as soon as the lights are out,I am awake. I end up coming downstairs and doing housework. Bleh.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  12:07:00 AM  Show Profile
Denise...I got my Fitbit through Home Shopping Network but you can get them for the same price
through Fitbit.com. The thing I liked with Home Shopping is the Flex Pay...which Helped me be
able to afford it more easily since I am on a fixed income. The sleep thing was big for me too with
my Fibro. I like knowing that I woke up 2-4 times (probably bathroom breaks) but was restless 18-24 times during
the night. It helps me when I need a nap in the day time to remind myself that there is a reason I go to
bed tired and wake up tired...so those naps are important and I don't beat myself up over them. I do
what my body is requesting of me...restorative sleep. Denise have you ever used an over the counter sleep aid? I use Sleep MD
it was developed by Dr.s but it is 100% Herbal. Nothing bad in it. I have to take it to go to sleep or
I am like you...back up after trying to go to sleep for 2 hrs. etc. You might try something like that and
take it an hour or so before you go to bed. I take mine...then go to bed to read...and I usually fall asleep reading.
I am totally sold on the Fitbit for tracking everything and motivating me to do 10,000 steps per day. Let me know if you get one. The newest one is very slim and sells for $129.00 I paid 149.00 for my Fitbit Charge...which I love but would rather have had the slim style. The slim one does everything my
more expensive one does. Anyway, there are other Farmgirls who use the Fitbit and you could join us for support and motivation.

I feel the weather change that is coming late tomorrow afternoon...already. So, I am off to get some
extra sleep tonight.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 20 2016 12:10:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  05:37:12 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. It's another cold, damp morning here which is playing havoc on my poor body. Monday I felt like somebody had beaten me, my body was so sore. I'm still feeling some of it but not as intense this morning. I made an appt with my masseuse for tonight so hopefully that will help. Matt came home yesterday morning with a cold and he's full out sick today. Guess it's not surprising with the traveling and stress we're both breaking down.

I had my eval at W*lmart this week and they're requesting once again I take a full time position with an increase in pay. With the way things are going with my other job I need to seriously think about it. We have quotas we have to achieve based on time studies and for my job it's 28 claims per day. They just changed it to 51 because they have such a backlog of claims. I was on my 3rd day out of training and got a lync asking me if I needed more training and why I wasn't up to quota even though I'm supposed to have 90 days to come up to quota. The stress is really starting to wear on me. No support and I can't get questions answered. It was a great job for several years but I'm beginning to think I may need to move on. Just like most companies it's appearing that they don't care what unrealistic expectations they're setting or the fact they're burning out the workers because we're replaceable. I would really miss the flexibility we use to have especially with starting the pet sitting business. Please keep me in your prayers.

Denise - I bought my Fitbit through Weight Watchers when they had a sale on them. Amazon has them also. I have the Flex and really like the fact that I can change the bands, which apparently you can't with the Charge. A thinner one would be nice but I only paid $89 for mine and it does what I need it to do. It monitors sleep cycles too. I've occasionally seen them on Groupon buys too.

Well time to get logged in for work. I'm looking forward to my massage and a night off tonight. Hope everybody has a great day.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  06:24:53 AM  Show Profile
I too got mine from Amazon and have a flex. I STILL am not getting all my steps in! And definitely not the recommended 8 hours of sleep!!!

Things here are hectic! Found out the landlord has decided to not let us extend our lease, due to wanting it on the market for the "busy season," so we have to be out by June 30th. Trying to figure out what we are going to do!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  06:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Well everyone in my family is finally well. We wrapped up CC a couple weeks ago and had our end of year ceremony last friday. I have just been busy getting those things set that I haven't had time to get on the computer much. We have two more weeks of coop and two more of AWANA then thing REALLY slow down (I hope). I feel like I'm still waaaay "behind" due to the illness but I'm trying not to be hard on myself and let some things go.

Hubby is anxious to know where we are going next, the choices we had a few weeks ago were all places we did not want but yesterday a better choice came up so he requested it. We will have to see if he gets it. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high. It isn't our first choice, or even second really but it is a pretty good one.

Shannon-I'm so sorry it seems like you always have so much to deal with. I hope your kids are over their sickness and that your bday was good.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  12:24:54 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina - so glad all of you are well! It is nice to see you on the porch again! Can we ask where it might be you are going to relocate??? Friends of ours just got orders, for the third or fourth time, to your area, but they always fall through :( They are really hoping, especially since she is actually from Germany!

So this rental is going on the market the middle of May! I have started packing and am actually excited at the prospect of knowing it really is happening - we are going to start our new life soon. With that said, i'm still worried about the unknowns! I have finally come to peace with the fact that God's Word says He wants us to prosper and not to harm us... relocating early, or getting out of the rental earlier than anticipated is part of His ultimate plan! I'm going to smile, work hard, and go with it :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  6:03:06 PM  Show Profile
Hey porchies!! I haven't been here in a while. So I'm catching up on what's been going on with ya'll. We had to get rid of our piggies. Unfortunately they kept rooting and getting out of their pen. I finally had had enough chasing them through the holler. After I bruised my side I had DH call the gentleman who gave them to us to come get them. He never seen the like either. His adult pigs weren't rooting but the babies were digging everywhere. He was planning on putting rings in their snouts. Maybe we'll get something else. We did get chickens! I'm in love. I have some Road Island Reds and Black Sex Links. I also have two guineas. I don't remember if I already said this. I probably did but I'll just tell yall again. LOL! They are finally out in their new house now. I think they are still unsure about it. Putting them up for the night is entertaining. They don't like going in. My oldest son loves them. He likes going in the run and messing with them. He's up before me to get them out in the mornings.

I'm praying about building a children's ministry at my church. There is a children's church but they only let up to 1st grade go back and they play. I want to see a different way of teaching the Bible for the little ones but I want to take it up to 5th grade. I have a lot of ideas.. Pray for me. I'm going to be talking to the pastor about it. Most don't want to work with the kids so they will probably let me have at it. :)

My DH and I did a 5K a couple of weeks back and I just finished a virtual 13K. I'm loving it. I joined the HRC or Hogwarts Running Club. They are a charitable club. Every race the money goes to a charity. This last one was for foster kids. Most kids have to leave their homes with few belongings in a garbage bag. This charity gives these children duffle bags with toiletries, blankets, stuffed animals, etc.. to give these babies a sense of comfort. Plus, I love Harry Potter! It's been a lot of fun. I use a Nike Running App to count my miles. When I get a new phone I'm going to get Charity Miles app. For every mile they give money for your charity of choice. It kind of encourages to walk/run/hike more when you know that your favorite charity is getting for your exercise.

Well ladies I think I'm going to hop off here. I will try to get back more often. I miss chatting with you ladies. Hope you all have a great night.

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  12:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Sabrina and Shannon...Happy the Families are all well!! That was really a nasty virus!!
Sabrina I will pray that you guys get sent some where that you will enjoy being. Keep us posted!

Shannon... Oh, my you have to move again? Girl my heart goes out to you. Is hubby getting a medical
discharge from the service? Where do you guys want to relocate to?

Prairie Tammy...I think if I were you I would say "So, long farewell...to the job with all the STRESS!
Who needs that???? Take more hours with WalMart until your pet business gets to demanding where you can
totally make a living off of it. Tough decisions...but walking away from STRESS should be a No Brainer!
Your body, mind and spirit are feeling the affects of what it is doing to you. Not worth your health girl.

I got a note from Luanne and she is working on the Tea Packets for those in The Tea Swap. If anyone moves send me your new addresses for future months.

Today was another HOT day here...which I love but I did my 3 1/2 mile walk pushing my dog in his stroller
(from his hip surgery 3 years ago...I kept the stroller. I have 2 huge hills in that walk and I thought I
might pass out on the last one. But the dog loves it! LOL He likes to go with me but can only walk a mile to a mile and a half before he is worn out. So, I do two walks a day to get my 5 miles in. And pushing this
stroller with a 24 lb dog inside should be doing all kinds of healthy things for me. What doesn't kill you makes you Stronger right? I need to start getting up earlier while it isn't so hot to do the Long walk however. Tonight I couldn't do it because we had a Thunder & Lightening Storm roll through. Tomorrow Night is Bible Study so, I have to get those miles in...during the day.

RoDonna...I love your Run/Walk for Charity...that is a great Idea!!! Don't know if we have virtual ones around here or not. We do however have many 5 and 10 K Raises for Charities. I don't do them because with
my Fibro/Chronic Fatigue...I need to be very flexible when I walk. It has to fit for me...not for someone
else. But I truly love all The Charity Runs around here too...I just choose not to do them.

Last Night my Husband fell in his bedroom (the Messy Room in the house) and knocked over a small bookshelf
and then fell into his big Book Shelf. It sounded like a tree fell on our Apartment it was so loud. I
ran in there to help him but he was wedged and so really had to work his way out himself. This morning he
had 3 really big Red Marks on his back and hip. Well, I guess that wasn't enough excitement for him because
today we were leaving Barnes and Noble and he missed a step-down and he fell again. I am too small to help
him up when he falls because he is 6 ft and I am 5ft 1. I tried but a passing Motorist Stopped and got out
and helped me get him off the Pavement. Praise God the Lord sent a nice muscular young guy to help. See,
why I worry about leaving the man alone for a week to go visit my kids in Seattle...because he falls when
I'm here. Geesh! The Dr. has told him to use a cane but he refuses...so, I guess he will just have to keep
falling and getting back up. Today...he actually was able to fall on his side...saving his face and head.
But he is complaining about a Rib hurting. Remember last time I went to Seattle he fell in his bathroom
and broke three ribs and refused to go to The Hospital. When I got home...and saw that he had not moved
out of his recliner for the rest of the week and Pneumonia had set in...I got him immediately to the Hospital where he ended up spending a week. They told him he could have died. STUBBORN MAN!!! Worse than
a child I swear girls...but Old enough to know better!

So, that was my day! Never a dull moment!

More Later...I'm exhausted,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  7:53:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the information on the FitBit Peggy, Tammy and Shannon. It sure helps to know where to look for them. I am doing Weight Watchers but haven't been to the meetings in a very long time. I still have my pedometer from them but never seed to make the 10,000 steps. But knowing I had it on made me walk alot more to get those steps in. Back when I used it I was working and on my feet all day. Now being at home it is a lot harder to get so many in. Also a caregiver so that keeps me in the house.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  8:16:30 PM  Show Profile
RoDonna, so good to see you on here girl!
Peg, so sorry to hear that man is giving you trouble again. "Larry, don't make me come out there... with my hands on my hips!"
We had a cloudy, cooler day(71)so I got lots of weeds pulled and my floors mopped today. It sprinkled on me a couple of times but nothing I couldn't work with. Suppose to rain tomorrow too. We shall see.
It's getting gusty out there tonight.
G'nite Gals! Sweet dreams!

FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 21 2016 8:20:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  12:03:06 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Judy...the man is stubborn and cruzen for a bruzen as my Auntie use to say. But I did find out tonight
at Bible Study that a few other husbands are in their wives dog houses too. LOL I swear the older they
get the younger they act. I'm happy to say no fall today for Larry.
Hey, I need to mop my floors again too. I feel like I just did them but I'm sticking to them again.
So, sometime this weekend I hope to get them done. It just started raining here tonight. I like that
the rain has been holding off until at Night the last few days...because it gives me the opportunity to
get my 2 walks in outdoors instead of doing the Treadmill at the Fitness Center.

I am tired tonight. Thursday is always my busiest day but also the most rewarding day. It was cooler today
just got in the high 70's. Tomorrow the only thing on my agenda is getting the dog groomed and some house
work and walking.

Denise...I highly recommend getting a Fitbit if you can afford it. Much Better than using a Pedometer.

OK Ladies...more tomorrow! I'm pooped!

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 22 2016 12:04:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  10:16:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey all. Still good here but still busy. The baby is teething so we are (again) not sleeping well. Looking forward to my sleep in morning tomorrow. We are thinking about going with a group to a concentration camp close by. We really haven't done much traveling or sight seeing so we should go.....but we are both tired so we will see. I have neglected my blog for the last few weeks, trying to figure out how to balance things but I'm learning, even when I'm not writing I'm learning so I guess that is good.

Shannon-I don't want to say where until we know more. I've already gotten my hopes up more than I should have let myself.

So hubby had sent that request for that base in and two days later he got a response back-which is impressive-unfortunately the response said we have to update our EFMP (the program they put any family members with any sort of special needs, medical, educational, or physical in-my son is enrolled for his eyes) before the guy could look into our next assignment. So I called the office but the lady was out until next week. Hopefully it is something we can get taken care of ASAP because those slots fill quickly. The ironic thing is we did this huge EFMP screening to come over here but the services we need aren't available, they apparently didn't really pay attention and now that is what is holding us up finding out where we will go next. A bit irritating. There are a few bases we would like better than the one we are currently looking at so if those slots fill I'm just hoping a better slot opens.

RoDonna, I started a children's program at our chapel this year if there is any way I can help let me know! It is fun but also exhausting and frustrating because nobody wants to help.

Peggy, so sorry to hear about your husband's falls, I hope he is ok.

Well I'm going to go read and try to relax, if the baby stays asleep.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  10:49:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies - I've been out of touch for a while, but am working on the May tea packages. I finally got a call for a job interview next Monday afternoon. Please keep your fingers crossed for me - unemployment ran out a month ago, and I still have no health insurance, which is so scary.

Hope everyone is feeling better.

Peggy - I think ALL men get childish as they get older - I know mine does!

Hugs all,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2016 :  6:12:06 PM  Show Profile
Good luck on your job interview, Luanne!

Sorry to hear of hubby's falling, Peggy! Glad to know he wasn't hurt worse. My DH has been "listing" to the right for about a year now. I have been concerned; but, of course, he just blows it off. When he was in Hospital for the gall bladder thing a nurse noticed it too. She said its a possibility that he had a stroke. So, now, I am extra worried and vigilant. He had a physical a couple of weeks ago and I asked him to mention it to the Dr. I'll bet he didn't.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Apr 23 2016 6:12:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2016 :  8:44:54 PM  Show Profile
Judith...that is so strange you mentioning your hubby listing to the right because my husband has done that for about 15 years. Our Dr. never thought it was a problem but I know differently because he is always bumping into walls and pictures and furniture etc. But he has never had a stroke...so I hope that eases your
mind with your husband. I know Larry's right shoulder is even way lower than his left shoulder...it is strange. But Yes, I am very thankful he wasn't hurt more seriously with these last two falls. But I think
his rib is bothering him because he made an appointment to go see his Dr. for this Tuesday Morning.

Luanne...I just prayed about your job interview and will do so on Monday too. Please keep us posted and let us know how it goes. It is really scary to be with out Insurance. I had non for three years while waiting for my Disability and then waiting for Medicare to get in...but Praise God He kept me from any
Major Medical needs during that time.

Sabrina...also praying that you guys can get a relocation to somewhere you want to be.

This morning I woke up with my Muscles In Raging Pain...had to get up and take a really HOT shower to
help them calm down. But we have had weather systems moving in and out all day...so the Fibro and Chronic
Fatigue have kept me from doing much of anything. About all I have accomplished is a small walk and 3 loads of Laundry...and dinner. Things I could do slowly. I miss our warm weather...I feel so much better
when it is sunny and hot.

Ok...kinda quiet on here. Evey one must be busy or have very little to say. LOL

More Later My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  09:15:49 AM  Show Profile
Happy, Blessed SonDay Gals! It's really sunny, low 60's, cool breeze. Sorry for your (painful) weather Peg!
We have rain moving in tonight and hanging around for a couple of days. Then when Dave's days off are over, it's going to get nice again.hahaha Poor Dave! hahaha
I almost hate to mention it, but I had a girlfriend once who kept listing to the left and running into things in the store and she had M.S. and didn't know it. Ask the Doc.about it gals!

FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  10:06:03 AM  Show Profile
I really want DH to follow up on this, Judy. Strokes run in his family. Silent strokes and aneurysms.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page