Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  11:55:07 AM  Show Profile
Judy...interesting about the MS. That would fit some other symptoms he has to a small degree.
Poor Dave not getting nice weather on his days off. It is amazing how often (here anyway) that
happens. Your weather will be great during the week but come the weekend when everyone wants to
do something fun on the Weekend...its pouring rain.

Judith...I agree with having your hubby get checked for silent strokes and aneurysms...anytime
something runs in the family it is important to keep those things on The Dr's radar. My next
door Neighbor who was just 57 died of a brain aneurysm in November. He was cooking dinner and
died before he hit the kitchen floor. So Scary!

Well, same terrible rainy weather today. So my agenda is the same as yesterday. I'm washing bedding
now. Both Larry and I had a hard time getting to sleep last night and yet we were both sooooo
unbelievably tired. He is still sleeping but I got up in pain again. It actually feels better to
keep moving...if for no other reason it switches my focus from the pain to other things. We were
planning on trying out a different Church this morning...oh, well maybe next weekend.
Time to go move the bedding to the dryer.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  12:57:46 PM  Show Profile
I haven't slept a solid nights thru for 3 days(the 3 days of a full moon) Patsy and I both have this problem. It's weird I know. But the moon has a big effect on us.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2016 :  7:37:23 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everybody! It's a wet, damp weekend here in ND. I worked all day Saturday but today it was a bummer as I would have liked to have gotten out a bit. The furkids desperately need a wandering. I think I mentioned Matt got sick Monday with a nasty bug. Well, I came down with it Friday afternoon. Nasty thing. I thought I was going to die yesterday at work. I seem to be recovering already which is irritating him since he's still fighting severe fatigue with it LOL My cough is picking up again tonight so I'm concerned it will go into my lungs and become bronchitis. Hopefully it will be a relaxing week so I can recover. The only thing I managed to get done was cleaning the living room and a couple loads of laundry. It's my short week so I'll have plenty of time this week to get caught up.

Matt's mom went into a coma Friday so we don't expect her to last much longer. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. She just slipped into the coma while in bed so it's a major blessing that she's not going to suffer through the cancer taking her.

The man may have gotten me some business for my pet sitting service. He went over to help a guy adjust something on aother guy's vehicle. The friend asked if he'd gotten the decals for his car yet and Matt said he hadn't with the trip. The other guy asked what they were talking about so Matt explained about my new business. The guy I guess was super excited as he's in the Guard and is desperate for somebody to take care of his St Bernard and says others in the Guard would be interested as well. I think I'll add a military discount to my services.

Luanne - Good luck with the job interview!

Peggy - Glad your man is okay from the fall.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  06:33:53 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Hubby woke me up at 5:45 with the Living Room TV blaring and him asleep in his recliner.
I was sound asleep...now he is still sleeping in his recliner and I turned off the TV and
decided that since I am now wide awake (thank you Not so Much Honey)...I would charge my
Fitbit and Check my emails, Farmgirls, and FB. Then hopefully I will be able to go back to
sleep then.

Prairie Tammy...Wowzie!! Sounds like the man got you a Good Foot in The Door with the Military.
I would Offer a Military Discount too! Smart move on your part girl! And then if you do start
getting business from Matt's little encounter with the guy...I would take Matt out to his favorite
dinner and a movie!! ~ So, did you decide if you are quitting the Stressful Job or not? ~ Sounds like
we all got rain this weekend. Today is suppose to turn dry but about 20 degrees colder...then each
day it will warm back up...so that by the weekend we will be back into the 80's. Thank You Lord! I
need my warm/dry weather back. I did make my Week Day goal with my 10,000 steps but was in too much
pain over the weekend. I just stayed in the house and got up on all my Laundry and cooked a few meals and
colored a few Pages in my new SPOT OF TEA COLORING BOOK. I got NO reading done because every time I
went to bed to read...I fell asleep from my Chronic Fatigue.

Judy...The Moon's pull does affect my sleep too. It seems to have more affect on women than men or so
I have heard. When I worked retail...all the crazies came out for about 3 days when there was a full Moon.
The last day of it waxing,1 full Moon day, and 1 day while it started waning. People who work in any
Industry...claim the same thing but I only had Retail Observations since that was always my Jobs.

Luanne...I prayed for you again this morning.

Well, I'm getting a little sleepy so I better move on and get done with this computer stuff and go back
to bed for awhile.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  06:58:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy - it's going to be an interesting day. I have to go to a funeral at 12:00 and leave in time for the job interview at 2:00 p.m. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  07:45:13 AM  Show Profile
Just jumped on to share. I got the call about 8 this morning that Matt's mom passed. His sister called me since she knew he'd still be sleeping. Now I get to be the one to break it to him. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I got very little sleep last night and I'm wondering if I somehow was sensing her passing.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  08:39:05 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, I am so sorry for Matt's loss and will pray for the entire family!

Judy and Patsy...I know what you mean about the moon and lack of sleep. Three nights is about right. Little sleep and weird dreams! I used to work for the Mayor. I tried to warn him as every full moon was coming on. (I didn't think he really paid attention to me). Yes, the crazies show up at his office, the hospital, PD and just about everywhere. It just draws us out. One day the Mayor called me from the Capitol to scold me a little for not warning him about the full moon. Made a believer out of him.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  10:46:09 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, so sorry to hear of her passing but so glad she didn't linger and suffer. Praying!
Glad to hear that Matt put a good word in for you and your work. That's wonderful!
Peg, I hope you got caught up on your lost sleep(TYVM Larry) lol
Working in nursing homes and Pharmacy we had lots of crazies acting out and making strange demands.
Funny how the moon can do weird things to us.
Luanne, Been Praying for God's' best for you and that job situation!
We have a partly sunny day today with a light breeze and gobs&gobs of tweeting birdies. Gotta love that!
Thank You God!
Enjoy the day Gals!
Love yuns!
P.S. Patsy got home from CA. This w/e. Boy is her hiney dragging'. hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 25 2016 10:48:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  1:27:28 PM  Show Profile
Haven't been on this post for a while and in reading all the posts makes me realize any problems I could have could always be worse. Peggy Ann, hang in there and know we're all praying for you and your family. Just for the record, my DH is also very stubborn. He's needed hearing aids for quite some time now, but tomorrow will finally be picking up a pair!! His hearing is affecting his job so they are long over due. Our AC went out so we had a new one installed today. Just in time for the hot weather. I'm putting in for a seamstress position at work. Hope it comes through because not only do I love sewing, but the pay is much better than what I'm making now. We both have colds, but seem to be getting better. I've downloaded a bra making class and ordered some material. Can't wait, it should be fun!
Luanne, hope the interview went well. I've been down that road and it's not fun.

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2016 :  4:55:02 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...So sorry about Matt's Mom...but aren't you thankful that you all went to see her when you did? That has to be such a comfort now.
Continue praying for you all though.

I will get on later!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2016 :  07:58:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! My first of 2 nights off in a row starts today and I am so looking forward to pampering myself a little. I bought myself an acorn squash and some sugar peas with an Asian glaze for supper tonight. I love both but Matt hates them so I only make them occasionally for myself. It's another cold, damp day so far. I'm really tired of all this gray and need some sunshine to thaw my bones.

Matt took the news well. As he said, it's not like he didn't know it was coming any day. I'm sure there's a lot of internal things going on though. She was a very abusive woman to her children so hopefully she'll be at peace now.

Peggy - I'm trying to figure out how to work at Walmarts to be able to work the pet sitting business so I can quit. Matt watched yesterday as the issues kept happening and feels I'm being targeted for some reason. We were told when they assigned us to this new position that it was because they needed more people and Friday they informed us they have too many people and need some to move to another position, which would require working out of the Fargo office (100 miles away). Obviously that's not happening and I'm also not eligible for it since they just moved me and you have to be in a position 6 months before you can apply for another one. Matt thinks I should just work part time this summer at Walmarts and focus on the new company. I'm not sure financially I can do part time so I need to number crunch hopefully tonight and see how many hours I have to have to meet all my bills.

BOOK: The Birdhouse Chronicles - Surviving the Joys of Country Life by Cathleen Miller. Just finished this book Sunday night. It's a pretty accurate view of people's struggles moving to the country, in her case from California although she'd grown up on a farm. I was disappointed at the ending, but it's actually a very real problem and the reason why many can't stay in the country. I'd definitely recommend it as a good read.

Well my break if almost over so I best get back to work. Hoping to find some time tonight to work on the rug. I'm so close to finishing it and it's driving me nuts I haven't gotten it done yet lol.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2016 :  3:18:56 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies. They're out of work and I'm trying to stay occupied lol. Another dreary day, not wet but still dark and on the damp side after all the days we've had of rain. This dampness isn't helping my cough at all. I was feeling so much better but I'm noticing some fatigue again today. It gets really bad at night and I have to take a nighttime cough med so I can sleep.

I made an appointment with a local accountant to get my S-Corp paperwork done for tax purposes. Talked to 1-800-Accountant that works with LegalZoom yesterday and he was trying to tell me what a deal $1500 startup and $30 month was for their accounting package. Told me the S-Corp paperwork would cost me $1500 to have it done locally. Several things weren't ringing true about what the guy was telling me especially since I've done some bookkeeping before when I worked up at the Museum so I called a local accountant today that I heard was really good and he quoted me $75 for the S-Corp and he'll answer any questions I have at no additional cost. Working with this local guy will save me a ton. I guess if I really didn't want to deal with the paperwork and didn't mind paying somebody else to do it then it wouldn't be a bad deal but I have no issue putt ing my own receipts into a program myself to save some $$$. Matt's been shocked at all the loops one has to go through to start a business.

So has anybody read anything good lately? I just started a Vintage Kitchen Mystery series by Victoria Hamilton. I got 2 books from the series through the book swap. I'm also re-listening to the Harry Potter series on audible.

Okay, now to take the pups for a walk and then get my housecleaning done. Managed to vacuum and mop my office area while I was waiting for work but still need to get the bedroom and kitchen done. Have a great night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2016 :  8:38:38 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...I am listening to all the Anne of Green Gables Books. I read them in my early 30's
first time. Then watched all the movies. Now I am listening to them while I walk and enjoying them
again. I may redo Harry Potter too. Usually I never ever RE-read anything. I think I am missing something
new. But for some reason...I just really wanted to listen to them. Then I am reading a Beach Read at home called Blue Jeans and Coffee Beans by Joanne Demato. It is the first book in 3 Beach Books by her.
It has some swearing in it...which I am not a fan of but she is not a Christian Author...so I guess she
is trying to make it "real". The Story isn't bad...but will wait and see if I continue on to the other
two. I usually Love Beach Reads...I am only 42% done...and it is keeping me going.
Do you want to come over and mop and vacuum for me? By the time I get 10,000 steps in I'm too pooped to
do much of anything else. LOL

Judy...from Florida...yes, it has been quite awhile since we have seen you on The Porch. Welcome Back!
A Bra Making Class huh? Interesting! Good Bra's are hard to find that is for sure. Good luck with that!!
I just bought two new bra's on-line...called The Genie Bra's...they zip up in the front. I had to laugh
when I tried the first one on. I have never tried Spanks anything before...but from the stories I've heard...this must be like a Spanks. I couldn't hold it together enough to get it zipped up. I would get it together and
think I had it and boom the boobs would bust out before I could zip it. LOL It was so stinken funny I could only stand there and laugh at myself until I almost peed my pants. Once I finally got it zipped and wore it for the day...it was really comfortable and I loved it. And it stretches with your own body shape. I'm sort of afraid to wash it...as I think I will have to go through this all over again. LOL

Judy/Herblady...Well, the Dr. told Larry he has to use a Walker now! Forget the cane he wouldn't use.
They say his weight loss has left his muscles weak...because he isn't exercising with his weight loss
like I am. So it is causing him to be too weak to hold his body in balance or up...and it's his right side that is the weakest...which is the side he lists to and falls from. They also will do a brain scan to check for strokes and a chest scan to see if his rib is broken from his Fall at Barnes and Noble.

Well, must get off...and put some groceries away that Larry just brought home. A couple of frozen things. Heaven forbid he put them away. LOL More Later Girls!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 27 2016 11:43:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2016 :  03:29:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies -
Good news for a change - I got the job! I start on May 9th. Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. Have to go there this AM to do paperwork. It will take a while to get back in the morning routine again.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2016 :  06:00:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. Pups woke me up at 4 (pretty typical anymore) and I never got back to sleep. Finally gave up about 6 and got up. I done some yoga and meditation already which is a great way to start the day. I think it's the excitement of launching the business that's causing my sleep issues. I'm officially launching the opening May 1st so I've got excitement and everything I still need to get done to be prepared going through my head.

Luanne - Congratulations on the job girlfriend! That's got to be such a relief.

Peggy - Will Larry actually use a walker if he wouldn't use a cane? I know Matt's mom wouldn't use hers until she got so weak she couldn't get up without assistance and we forced her to use it. I'm really liking the audible books now so I can multi-task. I never use to like them because I couldn't develop my own idea of a character but was forced to go by the reader's idea. Most of the books I have on audible now are one's I've already read but I'm starting to add one's I haven't read to the mix. I downloaded The Hobbit and started listening to it but for some reason this week really felt drawn back to Harry Potter again.

Well Matt may be making a trip back to Michigan again in a couple weeks. His buddy he went to school with was diagnosed a couple years ago with Lou Gerhig's disease (ALS). He made medical history as being only one of two who have survived it when he went into remission. Unfortunately the remission didn't last and he's getting bad so his family is throwing a huge gathering for his 50th birthday next month. I gave Matt my blessing to go. I don't particularly like the guy or his wife but know Matt feels they were good friends. I won't be making this trip with him.

Well I'm almost done with my cup of chai tea latte and it's time to fire up the computer for work so I will get going. Have a great day. It looks like we might get some sunshine today :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2016 :  07:44:24 AM  Show Profile
Yaaa Luanne, you got the job! Thank You God!! Did you ever tell us what it was or were you afraid to jinx it at the time? I don't remember anyhow. (hit my refresh brain-button please)* giggle*
Peg, I know all about bull-headed men. Dave has a 'touch' of that disease too. Ya just wanna give them a big *ha-rumpf* to their butt with yer foot!!! Lol It has to be a 'man-thang!'
Hi there other JudyJudyJudy! It was good to see you again! Hope you come back soon!
We are having rain,48 today. We had a good day yesterday, partly sunny, slightly cool, great for travel. So we went to Uhrichsville to visit a niece and her hubs!(another bull-headed man-child) He's on dialysis at home on a machine he can hook himself up to, still smokes after being warned many times, and is down in the dumps most of the time because of his own careless living. All that said to say...BUT...God...But God....isn't thru with him yet. Amen! God gets the last word! Prays for Ron as God nudges ya once in awhile would ya? He's a sweet man who would help ya do anything... when he could! But he needs to let-go-and-let-God!!!
I have a volume with the first 3 books of Anne of Green Gables Dave got me for Christmas one year! Wish I could find more combination volumes like that and collect the rest of the set.Some books are worth reading over n over!
Well, guess I'll go do some laundry. Not much else I can do on a day like today. The next 10 days are suppose to be rain on n off.
Toodles for now Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2016 :  09:32:36 AM  Show Profile
Oops - sorry! The job is customer service at a printing company. It isn't even close to the salary I was making before I was laid off from my previous job, but will certainly help pay the bills.

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2016 :  12:37:36 PM  Show Profile
Luanne...Congrats On The New Job Girl!!!! Answered Prayer that is for sure!! In many ways you
are more apt to find a better job...if you are already employed. Because you can better afford
to be picky about Salary and Position. I was an Employment Counselor many moons ago. It is harder
when you are in the position you are now...because you are desperate for anything to pay the bills
right? So...if you want the higher salary...keep looking an applying...even more since you now are
employed.

Judy...sorry you have crummy weather today. Ours is Sunny, Over-cast, then sunny again, then over-cast
(kind of bi-polar if you know what I mean). (+: Yes, stubborn men...are like 3 year olds. I wish I could give him a time out. Do I think he will use a walker? Absolutely NOT! But they are going to put him through physical therapy to help build up his muscle strength. Which in a way just makes me mad...because
he has a Fitness Center Membership...where he could go ride a stationery bike, do the treadmill...all the same stuff he is going to pay a Therapist to run him through! Grrrrr!!!! I walk..it's FREE! Men!!!
I will keep your Nieces husband in my prayers. My dad had to do Dialysis and he only lived 8 months
after he started. I hope your nieces husband doesn't have heart issues like my dad did. I read up on everything about it when dad's kidneys went...and found out that White Males With Heart Disease only live an average of 1 year after they go on Dialysis. They end up dying of a heart attack. I was able to prepare
my mom, sister and brother ahead of time. Not the kind of news you want to hear...but they needed to
know and Dr.s won't tell you that unless like me...you become pro-active and then tell your cardiologist
what you learned on your own...then they will level with you. We didn't tell my dad...what I found out
but he started wondering why I was flying home every other weekend to spend time with him. I finally had
to stop about 4 months before he passed away because I was freaking him out just by being there so much.
But I am still glad I did. Plus I got to spend his last week of life with him. My dad was a Prince of a man. On the quiet side but very loving and gentle and handsome and a sharp dresser. And he always smelled
good!! I miss him. ~ I just finished the first Anne of Green Gables...loved it all over again!!! Must get
Anne of Avonlea now. Nobody writes such lovely books anymore! I just love being pulled back into the era
of classic writing...where goodness and sweetness and moral standards are still valued...but funny life stories reign supreme and make you laugh out loud for how endearing they are.

Prairie Tammy...I do like Fantasy and Sci-Phi too. I am a pretty diverse reader. But the older I get
the more I cherish the Girlie Classic Novels. Maybe I'm headed for my second childhood too. LOL No,
I'm too for spunky that! ~ Isn't it amazing all the money and hoops it takes to start your own business?
My husband and I have started a few too many over the years but it was all such a learning experience.

Well, I went and got my hair cut early this morning. And got both my walks in. I'm just drinking my
Protein Shake and it is only 12:30 and I need a nap. I teach Bible Study tonight! So, I'm off to catch
an hours rest. More later my Lovelies.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 28 2016 12:42:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2016 :  7:42:20 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - How did your haircut come out? I need to cut mine soon. I also love Anne of Green Gables and the sequels. I was listening to it before I left for Michigan and Matt complained it was the worse book he'd ever heard and thought the writing was horrible. Men have no taste lol Since I typically listen while I'm working so he's at home, I'll have to listen to it at a different time. I use Librovox for the classics like that since they're free. I just finished The Secret Garden. I love that book and the movies they've done of it. It's a great spring book to read with it being about a garden and how it comes to life. I'm midway through Chamber of Secrets on Audible. I listen to Jane Austen books a lot too on Librovox. I think the narrator is Jane Savage that I enjoy listening to about anything she narrates.

That's too funny about the bra and I've been considering ordering one of those as I hate contorting myself anymore to get into a regular pullover Genie Bra. LOL I may have to rethink getting one. Did you try bending over (like an L) and fastening it that way? It helps keep the girls in their cups.

Judy - Bra making! How interesting. There's a FB group, Bra Makers - Beginners to Intermediates, to help people make their own. There's a woman that does classes that everybody raves about going to but I can't remember her name. I've considered it since it's impossible to find anything that's comfortable and that fits me properly. The company that sells the Scrundie pattern on Etsy has now come out with a bra/cami pattern that I may end up buying to try making if I can ever find some free time lol They're more of a yoga/sport style bra/cami.

I had to go into the walkin today. I noticed I had a mole on my chest that was bleeding Wednesday when I showered so I put some ointment on it and a bandaid. It was really bothering me this morning so I took the bandaid off and the thing was nasty looking. Dr did a punch biopsy on it and stitched it closed. That little sucker ended up taking 8 stiches to close it was bleeding so bad. The nurse said she couldn't believe how much it had bled either. I have to go back in 2 weeks to get the stitches out. I figured he'd use self absorbing ones but was wrong.

It's supposed to be nice tomorrow so we're going to wash window screens and I'm going to clean out the garden to get it ready for planting. Jordon's coming over so we're going to have a dinner for Matt's birthday, which is Monday. I didn't know Jordon was coming so I guess it was good that I got a majority of my cleaning done.

Well I'm off to bed and pray I get some sleep tonight. Every night this week I've woken up between 3 and 4 and haven't been able to get back to sleep. Trying to function on about 4 hours of sleep a night just isn't working. Anybody have any non addictive sleep recommendations? I sleep fine until the dogs get me up and then I can't get back to sleep. Never had a problem with it before, normally drop right back off to sleep. The birds are being terribly noisy though lol Night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2016 :  12:38:56 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...I Think you would love the Zippered Genie Bra IF you buy it one size bigger than they
tell you to get on their chart. Then you wouldn't have to stand on your head to get it on. It reminds
me of my Jr. High and High School days when we wore our Jeans so tight that you had to lay on the bed,
suck your stomach in and hold your breath and then use a metal clothes hanger to pull the zipper up. LOL
If you couldn't hold your breath long enough then you had to start all over. ROFLOL Mind you I only
weighed 98 lbs soaking wet (until I had my first child) and I had no hips or stomach to speak of. Oh, mercy...what we did to look good was pure torture. And back then there were no stretch jeans. That would have made it so much easier. LOL Anyway...I think you would find the zip bra easier to put on than the ones that pull over your head. ~ I have never heard of Librovox for free E-books. I am going to have to
check that out. I only listen to my Audible (with ear buds) while I walk. Two walks a day (4 1/2 to 5 miles) gives me plenty of listening time. My husband would think the Anne of Green Gables, Jane Austen,
and The Secret Garden books too painful to listen to also. LOL It's a man thang! I started Anne of Avonlea today...so good! And again...I'm laughing out loud while walking in the rain. At least I was the only nut
out there walking. ~ Tomorrow Night I have a 60th Surprise Birthday Party to go for my Daughter In Laws Dad. He is a really neat guy...so, it should be fun. His birthday was actually today but he had to work.

I went to my favorite Antique Mall today. Bought some Vintage Buttons for a Button Swap on MJF. And found
an Adorable Basket Purse that some one both Decoupaged and Painted houses on. Then they lined it in really
cute fabric inside. It was only 16.00 which I though was a steal! So Cute!! Oh, and while I was there I
had to buy a Chocolate Chip Cookie (which was one of those saucer size)so I was only going to eat a 1/4 to
a 1/2 of because all their stuff is home-made and delicious! Well I ate about a 1/4 of it while on the
way home...chatting with my husband and all of a sudden I realize one of my teeth in my denture fell
out and I had swallowed it. This is the 3rd tooth that has fallen out of this denture in 4 years and the
last two I swallowed...which means they have to make a new one (which costs me) and then I have to go
with no upper teeth for 3 days while they fix it. I am beginning to feel like Satan is stalking my husband and me. I'm just ready to pound my head on the wall and say, "What Else Could Go Wrong?" Except I
won't because I'm afraid I might find out "A Lot Could!" At least this time it is the back side of the
denture instead of the front. I'm allergic to Acrylic so they had to make these teeth out of Nylon which
isn't as strong and they told me never to bite anything hard like corn on the cob or an apple or hard
candy etc. Which I haven't. The first one I was eating a pretzel stick (the thin skinny ones), the
next time I bit into a spare-rib that was falling off the bone in was so tender, and this time I was
eating a cookie. Mama Mia!!! I think it's The Smith Curse! LOl

Ok...I'm going to bed...it's been another crazy day! At Least Life is Never Dull At My House. ROFLOL!

I'd rather Laugh than Cry,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2016 :  09:11:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I should be washing dishes or working on mother's day gifts, but I haven't been on here in so long I'm having porchie withdrawal! Thanks for the giggles! Lady bugs and missing teeth - never a dull moment around here LOL!

There's been so much going on here some days I don't know if I'm coming or going. We've had more calves, the weather dried out enough we spent 2 days hauling manure, we had to spend $1,700 to replace the tractor tires! For some reason they only sell them in pairs. And, a bunch of other normal farm stuff.

For those who are interested - when a cow has a retained placenta we have to wait a week to 10 days before we can do anything. Sometimes the cow gets sick other times she doesn't. If she does we start antibiotics and Tylenol like drugs for fever/swelling/pain. We have to wait until the placenta starts breaking down to safely pull it out. If we do it too soon the placenta will tear and some stay in the cow causing problems or the uterus will bleed and develop scar tissue from ripping the placenta from it. This will cause infertility problems. The vet can come out, but usually we take care of it. We have a great relationship with our veterinarian and he knows how well we take care of our cows. We can call him up and he'll tell us what we need and what to do. We then go pick up the medicine required and save the $50 for him to drive here. We do have him come out if needed, but we very rarely have sick animals.

Now for the fun part - pictures :)

I went to a quarter auction for the local volunteer fire department. I'm not a very lucky person when it comes to winning things - I've never won a 50/50, etc. But, I don't mind when the money is going for a good cause. I saw a purse (actually a table full of them) that I really liked. I thought - If I only win one thing I'd like it to be one of those purses. And guess what...

I won one!!! It's a bit big for me, but I LOVE it and carry it everywhere :)

My nephew's 4-H projects are here. 3 sheep and 2 goats. They're a quiet bunch this time. Usually they're weaned the day they're brought here and they spend a few days bawling, but not these. They're so quiet I sometimes forget they're there.

We had a run of bull calves lately. Here's a few of them. I think Peggy asked - yes we keep the heifers and sell the bulls. We don't have room for the bulls. When we get our new farm I'd like to keep the bull calves and raise them up and sell them for meat - maybe some grassfed organic beef.

We had to stop in the middle of the road to let these little guys cross when we drove around the lake.

One of our cats decided the calving pen is a good place to have kittens. She had 5. 3 are grey and white and 2 are black and white.

This little guy was born this morning :)

Well, my best friend just called and since our husbands are working on something together we're gong to go out for lunch! Guess the dishes will have to wait LOL!!
Have a great weekend everyone.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2016 :  2:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porch-Buds! Love all the clothing stories. You cracked me up! I always wore my clothes loose and was so flat chested until my 40's so hardly ever had to wear bras. I just wore those panty/bra sets... remember those.Stretchy material. Ya, Peg, my one girlfriend called me 'snake-hips' because I had no hips either. hahaha My first job was at a ladies clothing store and Mama always said she couldn't wait for me to come out of my room, just to see what I'd wear to work that day. She said I looked like a model. Of course she never told me any of this until a few years before she passed, but it still makes me feel good! She didn't want me to get a fat head she said. *giggle* Thanks Mama!
We had a cloudy but dry morning so I got a little mowing done... now it's sprinkling. We seem to be having our April showers now.
Heather, gotta love spring when all the flowers AND the animals burst forth! Hahaha Love the pics!
Toodles for now Buds... gotta finish laundry.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 02 2016 :  08:19:30 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody. It's a bit gray but hoping to see some sunshine later today. Unfortunately it just started raining so I'm not sure if I'll see any sunshine or not. The weekend was absolutely gorgeous though! Temps were close to 70'. Matt got the screens washed and put back in so I could open the windows and air the house out. He got the grass mowed and then we raked the dead areas and he put seed down. I also got the garden cleaned out. I just need to get some manure to put in it and decide what I want to plant. I think Spring is finally here!

Jordon and crew came up Saturday and spent the night. They have a guy living with them that also came with. It appears there's tons of drama with the guy and his ex including a PPO. There's a baby involved too. Jordon's gf is taking the drama on as her own and is "just so stressed out" and "we can't move until this gets resolved." Just the way his gf is acting either there's something going on with the guy or there will be soon. Sunday morning as soon as she woke up her and this guy disappeared for over an hour to "take a walk so I can wake up." Jordon doesn't look happy and that breaks my heart but we tried to warn him about her. When they arrived it was about 50' and on the cooler side. Jordon walked in with the baby and informed me he needed the clothes I had. She'd dressed the kid in shorts and a tank top with no socks on. Thankfully I had some clothes a neighbor had bought for him so we got him properly dressed in some Carhart bibs and a long sleeve onsie.

Jordon was looking at one of the online for sale groups and found a recliner for $30. He was thinking about it for their place but after I saw it I decided I wanted it so now I have a new to me dark red recliner to replace my old chair that's been falling apart. With starting the new business I just haven't had the money to get myself a new chair and I really need a recliner for when I'm not feeling well so this worked out great. Matt and Jordon went to get it. Matt recognized the girl from working at the gas station where he gets pizza once a week while at work. Anyway, when he went to take the back off the chair a bottle of half drunk wine fell out LOL The girl claimed she didn't know it was there. I imagine she was pretty embarrassed.

Peggy - I remember my friends having to lay on the bed to zip their jeans. I never wore mine that tight to have to do that. I remember a few guys having to use that method to get their pants zipped to LOL Between that and the rolled socks they stuffed in their pants it's amazing they got them zipped ROFLOL

Okay, back to work now. Hope everybody has a great day.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 02 2016 :  09:11:49 AM  Show Profile
HI My Porchies...What a Glorious Weekend Here. The weather was in the 80's...And another High 80's Today
then back to the rain...until this next weekend and then back to Sunshine and warm weather again.

My youngest daughter in-law and son threw a Surprise 60th Birthday Party for her Dad on Saturday Night.
So...we had to set it all up and take it down (The Decorations)and that went from 5:00 until almost 11:00.
It was a Wonderful Party and I got to meet all Sadie's African American Side of the Family. They were all
just so much fun and a real hoot. It was a Fabulous time and Sadie's Dad Wil was indeed surprised indeed.
He has cancer and we don't know how long he has to live but he is the type of guy that just blows it off
like it is NO BIG Deal...and continues to live his life to the Fullest. His new wife is a Breast Cancer
survivor and she worries enough for both of them. She is a very sweet Lady though. ~ Well, like any big thing I do like that...I had a ball but paid big time for it yesterday. By the time I got home that night
I was wiped out/just so exhausted. I went to bed by 12:30 am and didn't wake up until 2:30 in the afternoon. My husband was gone visiting his Oldest Son at The Prison Camp...and so I just kicked back and
took it easy. Then he got home and we went to Barnes and Noble for awhile.

I got up early today...I want to go walk before it gets hot...at least my long walk done with. I am now on
the 3rd Book of Anne of Green Gables. Makes my walks so pleasant to listen the book as I go.

Heather...love YOUR New Purse Girl! So Cute! And YOU WON!!! I am not usually lucky at winning things like that either...so it makes me Happy when others do. I did win a Mother's Day Necklace Last Year on Face Book and I think that is the only time I won anything Nice Like that. In my early 20's I won
$800.00 off a Baby Grand Piano...big deal...I couldn't afford the additional thousands to purchase it. LOL
Your New Babies are Beautiful!!! Thanks for being so faithful to share the Wonderful Pictures.

Prairie Tammy...yeah, sounds like the girlfriend is up to no good with the room-mate. It rarely ever works
to bring a a third person into a home. More Trouble thank it's worth and usually breaks up families. So sad. That is why she is taking on the guys Drama as her own...but you have already surmised that one.
Hope Jordan doesn't take a hard fall over this one. ~ Well, how awesome about your new recliner. Can't beat that price!! I need to find a good deal like that for my husband. I have cleaned his Micro-Fiber Tan Recliner so much...I am just done with it. The chair is still good...so maybe I need to just find a seat
cover for it...something I can take off and wash. The man could care less if it's dirty but I do! LOL

Judy...love your story about your Mama not wanting you to get a big head by telling you that you looked
like a Model. My mom would just pull my hair and tell me...that I didn't look as good as I thought I did. She was so jealous over my boyfriends during my dating years...It was weird because my dad was such a
handsome man and such a good man. I think my mom just got married too young and felt like she missed out
on a lot in her life. But it was her choice...good grief!

Well, girls it is now after nine a.m. better go do that walk. More Later!

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 02 2016 :  11:07:52 AM  Show Profile
OMGosh...my Mom was a hair-puller too. AND she was jealous of our boyfriends too! Must have been THAT age group. Patsy and I think it was pre-menopause, then menopause, then post menopause..... cause, she sure was a 'Sweetheart' in her later years! She mellowed a lot!
We had a thunderstorm come thru about 2 in the am. Lots of thunder. It's chilly(60)and damp now... oh ya, and the usual 'Ohio Gray.'hahahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page