Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2016 :  7:33:13 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...Love the bookcase. I have never seen one on a stand like that before...but it is cool.
Nice Finish Job on it!

Well, Hope Every One had a Lovely Easter Weekend. I just got home from my youngest Sons and took a
Nap! It is quiet on the Home Front...so, I'm catching up on emails and then I plan to color.

More Later My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  8:47:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...I came down with the nasty crud late Wednesday Night. I feel like some one hit me with
a mack truck. This is definitely a cold/flu thing. So many people I know are sick with it. Believe it or
not I am still getting my walking in...just at a much slower than normal pace. I just refuse to not walk
and I am hoping by walking but not pushing the envelop I might heal more quickly. I am drinking both
Gypsy Cold Cure Tea and Breathe Easy Tea and taking some herbal supplements. I don't do anti-biotics as
I took so many for rheumatic fever as a kid...that I don't want to risk taking them now unless I get some kind of super bug or something. Please keep me on your prayer list. This is day 3 and so far my worst day.
More Later Gaters,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 02 2016 1:49:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  11:45:02 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! Hope everybody had a lovely Easter Weekend. I worked Saturday and then was just wiped out Sunday so Matt told me to get a book, find a comfy spot and not get up so I did. We did go out for Easter brunch with another couple. The guy worked with Matt for a while but took a job in Florida recently. He was back visiting his wife for the weekend so connected and go visit over brunch.

We went to Fargo yesterday for his one year post op visit and he was cleared totally from any further followups. While there we went out and had gyros for lunch. I miss middle eastern food so much. We've talked about going there ever since he made the appointment. We hit Barnes & Nobles while we were there too for a book fix lol. Our now standard shopping stops are the International Food Market and Target. I need to remember to take a cooler so I can get frozen & cold stuff at the market. The dogs got me up about 5 to go out and when I opened the door you can imagine my surprise to see it was snowing and there was a dusting covering the deck and lawn. Thankfully that's about all we got.

It's been an emotional week for us. Matt's mom was diagnosed last week with pancreatic cancer, which they found while doing a surgery to repair a bile duct blockage. They went to the oncologist Tuesday and it's not operable and she was given 6 months. They enrolled her into hospice at that time. She's been feeling so poorly they decided to give her a blood transfusion Wednesday. The decision was made to stop meds and since she's already in stage 3 renal failure to take her off meds with the hopes she'll pass from kidney failure instead of the cancer as they say it will be painless compared to the cancer. Matt's sister called Friday and the symptoms she's having indicate this cancer is progressing at lightening speed. The family doesn't think she'll last much longer and requested we come back within the next two weeks. The doctor and the family assume that once the effects of the transfusion wear off she'll crash and go quickly. Typically without dialysis problems start getting severe at about 2 to 3 weeks. Unfortunately the transfusion helped so much she's thinking the doctors are wrong and she's not as bad as they say and she might be able to be healed - she's basically in denial now. We're flying out the 8th and returning the 16th. Knowing what I know medically I pushed to go sooner than later. Matt was trying to get me to agree to going after the 16th but I would hate to buy tickets and have her die before we get there to save $200. Unfortunately there's a bunch of stupid family politics going on and the brother who has medical power of attorney isn't telling most of the others what's really going on. Jordon is going to keep the dogs at his place while we're gone and a neighbor will feed the cats for us. It's not the perfect arrangement but nothing I can do. I'd suggested to Matt we drive so we could take the dogs with but he doesn't want to waste 4 days traveling, which is a valid point. I'm just so over flying any more and the headaches it brings I'd rather drive myself. I'm going to have problems anxiety wise without the dogs.

Peggy - we hadn't seen a bookcase like that either. The person we bought it from said they had it directly on the floor but both of us felt it needed a base. There's also water damage on the top as she had plants on it and didn't put anything under them when she watered so the wood is peeling back. Matt was thinking something like a fish tank base and then I mentioned possibly a metal sewing base so when we saw the base at the Flea Market we had to buy it.

Well I think I'll go make myself a cup of tea and read for a while. Take care everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  1:58:09 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...I am so sorry to hear about Matt's Mom. Hopefully she will go quickly with the Kidney
failure. The least amount of suffering the better for her and everyone else too. I do pray that
Matt & you get to see her before she passes. So you are smart to not waste time driving etc. I'm with
you as far as the flying goes. I use to love to fly but would rather drive any day over flying. If you
could just get me onto the plane with out having to do the Airport...then I would be fine. I just don't
like all the long lines, baggage checks etc.

OK...guess I better go lay back down...my head is throbbing.

In my Thoughts and Prayers.
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 02 2016 8:46:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  4:05:07 PM  Show Profile
PTammy, I am So sorry to hear of all this c_ _ _ _r in your family. Brings back my recent dealings with it. I will be keeping you all in my Prayers!
Peg, hope you are feeling better today. Prayers, Hugs n Squeezle Girl!
We just had a rain, thunder, snow shower with gusts of swirling winds. 36. oh... the sun's out now! Say what? April fool to us here in Ohio. And we thought this was Spring. Silly us!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2016 :  5:15:23 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - hoping your feeling better! It's horrible to have "the crud".

Judy - Thanks for the prayers. I'm sure it does remind you of everything you and your family has been through lately.

I'm working at a slow pace today getting my cleaning done lol. The weather is supposedly in the high 40's but the wind is making it feel quite frigid. I just finished walking the dogs and had to put on one of my heavier winter coats and gloves. I've been calling and contacting people to let them know we're coming back to Michigan and want to visit. So many things to get ready and organize. I work Monday and Tuesday night so I need to get a jump on things so I don't have to do everything Wednesday and Thursday. Matt's been watching James Bond movies all day. If it distracts him I'm okay with it. He keeps telling me to leave it but I can't stand coming home to a trashed and/or unclean house. He just doesn't get it. I also like to start my week with a clean house - it just balances me when it's clean come Monday morning.

I'm cooking a venison roast tonight for supper with potatoes and carrots and dessert will be lemon pound cake topped with strawberries and fresh whipped cream. I love the Mississippi Mud Roast recipe so I decided to try it with the venison roast. Hopefully it turns out as delicious as usual. I made up my menus for the week and grocery list trying to use as many things in the house as possible to save money for the trip. I was quite proud I only spent $64 and that included a $17 pair of jeans plus some dog food and treats. Wish I could keep my food bill that low every week but meat is just way to expensive.

Okay, now off to finish dusting my last room of the day and run the vacuum so I can veg for the rest of the night. Have a great week everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  04:28:28 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone.

Tammy-I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law.

I don't think I caught up on everything, I'll try to go back and look in a bit. Just wanted to drop in and say hi really. I've been so sick the last week I didn't look at the computer or anything. I had the flu/cold/crud going around but then I ended up getting dehydrated and getting a kidney infection. Luckily I caught it early but it took a lot out of me. I am feeling much better-still a bit congested but otherwise pretty normal. The kids all seem better too finally. It has been beautiful the last few days and we have been able to have doors and windows open. I'm getting started on spring cleaning now!

Wed is our last day of CC, then I have 3 weeks left of our other coop and 3 weeks left of Awana. So a bit of a break is coming!!

Hope everyone is doing ok

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  1:34:15 PM  Show Profile

Our cow Ottie and her beautiful baby girl (haven't named her yet)

Mama cow Aimee keeping watch over her baby boy (the red one sleeping below)

Unfortunately this cutie pie is a bull too :(

Peggy - LOVE your hair!!! I hope you're feeling better.

Tammy - Praying for your mother-in-law.

Shannon - sometimes the cows are overdue, sometimes they're early. They're all different - like people. I don't like it when they're too overdue. The calves are usually really big and sometimes it leads to retained placentas from a difficult birth. A few days is no big deal, but we just had one that was 10 days overdue. Surprisingly it was a heifer. Unfortunately mama's having a tough time bouncing back (she ended up with a retained placenta).

Judy - did you get the rain/snow/hail stuff yesterday? Crazy weather!!! My sister in Michigan is on spring break this week. She called complaining about the Michigan weather. I had to tell her Ohio isn't any better right now :)

Sorry so short girls, but it's milking time already!!
Hugs,

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  4:26:13 PM  Show Profile
Love the pics(as usual) Heather! We got snow last night-1 in.- but it went away quickly when the sun came out. Last week we had a rain/snow/hail/thunder storm. THAT was weird. But yesterday was just sprinkles and windy. The wind is what's been bad this year. I like our Ohio breezes all summer long but not these winter ones with BIG MPH gusts. UGH!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  02:13:16 AM  Show Profile
Heather-I love the pics of your farm and animals!! Thanks for sharing! What do you do when a cow has a retained placenta? Call out the vet?

Well I'm buried in spring cleaning. Between trying to finish up our cc year (we had our last class last wed and now just wrapping up, organizing supplies, planning the end of the year ceremony and some summer parent training events) and spring cleaning, and getting over the illness-thank goodness everyone really seems well now-and trying to work on kids' behaviors I'm really behind on writing...but reminding myself that is OPTIONAL right now while taking care of the kids and house are not. My Social Studies class is live on Schoolhouse teachers now so I have to keep writing a couple weeks at a time to stay ahead on that until it is finished.

So back to spring cleaning-I moved most of the craft supplies from my attic to my basement (four flights of stairs) and all the baby/kid/clothes items in storage from the basement to the attic this week. Now I just need to organize my craft stuff in the basement! We are also hoping to go through the kids toys this weekend and purge those. Then I need to do at least a little bit of writing. Hopefully it all gets done. We probably won't make it to church tomorrow since there isn't going to be a nursery and I just end up getting frustrated with my kids and I just don't think that is good for anyone.

Next week is going to be busy with a planning meeting for cc and a planning meeting for VBS but we are taking a bit of a break from school until May so hopefully now that most of my energy is back I can get caught up on this never ending to do list!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  06:09:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Hope all are doing well. We are still sick - hubby is debating heading to urgent care for another opinion and x-ray. They had said Wednesday he had bronchitis and put him on antibiotics... and he is worse :( Emi and I went to the doctor yesterday - they labeled Emi as "failure to thrive" and ran a bunch of tests. Why oh why is it not okay for a baby to be small???? She looks perfectly healthy... but weighs in a little under 13 pounds. We originally saw the nurse practitioner and I was basically made to feel like an inferior mother and a liar... thankfully i heard the doctor in the hallway and requested to speak to her, so at least I was able to feel a little bit more respected. I need to talk to the doctor about what happened, but as of yet, I haven't found the right words. I found the NP disrespectful and unprofessional... not to mention I looked at my chart online after getting home and she claims to have educated me on a bunch of stuff that was never discussed! Anyways, I am to follow up in two weeks and Emi 4 weeks - and both will be with the doctor this time, not the NP

Peggy -I declare it seems like everyone is sick right now!!! Hoping you are feeling better! My hubby bought me a fitbit flex for our anniversary. I am still trying to get the hang of it, but am not coming anywhere near my needed steps!!!

PGTammy - I am so so sorry to hear about your MIL. Praying with you!

Heather - oh your pictures are just lovely!!! I'm guessing a retained placenta end up causing hemorrhaging, if not an infection as well. Are you able to administer something to get it out, or pull it out, or does the vet have to come out? Are cows like sheep and chickens in that they do not always show how bad they are until it is further progressed? Yup - lots of questions from this clueless cow lover. :)

All of you guys with snow make me super jealous! There have been days already that we have had our air conditioning on! It certainly has been weird weather-wise lately for everyone!!!

Sabrina - so very very glad you guys are feeling better! You sound super busy as always! I need to do some planning myself, but I really just do not have the "get up and go" right now to put the effort in!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  08:25:34 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, this isn't so much planning for my family as for the program next year! We are still struggling to figure out WHERE we will meet. I need to schedule myself a week or two "off" of EVERYTHING at some point, really! I am going to do that I think, look at my calendar and just block out a couple weeks of no classes, no meetings, nothing! Sounds lovely lol. Things *should* be calming down though. We are done with CC (although next week we have end of year ceremony, a planning meeting and the following week a park play date, then we are planning twice monthly meetups for moms may-july), Enrichment day is over the end of this month, AWANA is over May 15 and Children's church ends for summer the weekend before Father's day. IN THEORY I should get a break sometime lol. I really do need to block out my calendar and just refuse to do anything at a certain time. I need to discuss with hubby if he is taking block leave and wants me to do it then or another time. Sorry to hear y'all are so sick! I really think Doctors often jump to the "failure to thrive" diagnosis too quick. And it is totally unacceptable that she treated you that way. Was this at an air force clinic?

I got a lot done on my cleaning today, veered a little bit away from the original plan. We planted some tomatoes, peppers, and green onions in pots. Cleaned up the garage a bit, brushed and brushed and brushed the dog (he already sheds a lot and now is loosing his winter coat, I could go brush him again and still get piles of hair!), then I worked on my craft supplies, they are almost all organized in my space in the basement now I just need to get the random stuff from all over the living room and take it down.....then organize my office supplies that are down there and do the same with those that have been scattered around the living room! I can't "work" in the basement because I can't hear/see the kids playing but I'm trying to make an organized space to at least keep everything so that I will be more likely to put it away when I'm done. When it was all in the attic I would never go all the way to the third floor to put it away lol. It was also hard to access in the small space with little light. I'm excited about the new setup but I feel like I'm going to finally get my house clean and organized then have to move-guess that is army life though.

Off to do more cleaning! Then dinner then I'll try to write a bit or something!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  10:48:43 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...
Does this creeping crud ever go away or am I going to be down and out forever?

Shannon...so glad you got a Fitbit. Be sure and go online at Fitbit.com and set up your account if you haven't already.
I walked the first 2 days I got sick but then got so weak I couldn't any more. So it has been 8 days since I have walked.
I really miss the challenge of getting those 10,000 steps per day. I hope to get back to it on Monday. Lord willing!!
Well, one good thing about being stuck inside...I got some much needed cleaning done....which is always a plus but being
Sick I nearly bit my husbands head off his shoulders every time I he moved. You know how men and kids are when you are'
Trying to clean. ..they go behind you and mess it back up not two minutes later. Grrr!

Yesterday it was 84 here and the day before it was 87...so, I have been being lazy on my Porch the last few days. Took several naps out on my Chase lounge with my windchimes tinkling, some neighbor roofing, and kids running and playing and laughing...it was Wonderful!! The Sounds of Suimmer!!! I slept like a baby and so did my dog Snickers. Hubby is still sick too. But about a week ago my husband went and had his toenails clipped and his feet cared for at the Medical Clinic and low an behold he got Staff infection in his right foot. So much for Professionals doing it right! So, now he is on two antibiotics, one oral and one topical.

Last night I finally had to get out of the house...after 9 days I was going stir-crazy...so we went to Barnes and Noble for awhile. Not many people there at night but one of the gals from my Bible Study...her and her hubby were there. So, We chatted with them for awhile and left.

Well girlies...have a great weekend! I'm off to go through the rest of my mail.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  2:34:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! We woke to a beautiful postcard picture... again. Yup, still snowing here. Loving' it! Sitting here by the kitchen window watching lazy flakes floating by.
Oh Peg I couldn't stand it so hot so early. That's probably why you can't shake that 'gunge." You poor lady!
I'm so sorry that some of you are still sick. So hard on our young mothers! Prayers going up!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  1:32:44 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone,
Happy Sunday. It is a windy spring day here. We have had 30 miles or higher for three days straight. I am tired of wind...lol
Been very busy with school it hardly seems possible it will be done before long. But I will have some summer days there. Our school is up for reaccreditation and that takes a lot of time. We will be losing two teachers who are getting married. I will really miss one dearly. So we will be adding on to our ranks.

I began a yoga class this week and I love it. I can't do all the moves and we laugh a lot so that makes it so fun. For the first time in a long time, my back doesn't hurt. That and walking several times a week really makes me feel better. I try to get my step count in for Fitbit.

My bible study gals and I will be seeing Beth Moore this weekend. We are very excited. It will be a much needed girlfriend weekend and a much watering for my spirit.
well I think that is all I know lol
Yall have a great day
Love and hugs,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  9:57:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...well, I feel so much better today. I even made it to Teach Bible Study tonight.
I was afraid all that speaking and reading would throw me into a coughing fit...but it did not!
It was really great to be with my Bible Study Gals. The gal who usually hostesses was sick today so
we another gal had it at her house. She is our newest member. Well, it was nice to find out that she lives very close to me...which I did not know. Also, her daughter was watching a little Black Lamb for the
week and it was only 7 days old. It was the sweetest little baby! It was so social and just wanted
to check us all out. So...cute! Our Study was great too!!!

Teacher Tammy...I'm so glad that you like you Yoga Class! I know I wouldn't do well in Yoga. I have done
Yoga in a chair...and that wasn't too bad. But the only thing I have ever been able to stick with is walking. I love it and always have. So, I guess we are more consistent with what we are passionate about.
Sorry that you are really going to miss your one teacher who is gettting married. Maybe she will want to
do coffee occasionally with you. Hey, how was Beth Moore? Did you enjoy seeing her in person?

Judy...are you still getting Picture Perfect Snow? I always think snow is beautiful when fresh and untouched by trains, planes, and auto-mobiles...oh yeah, and people too. LOL We have had 3 days of rain
and colder temps but it is going back to 80 degrees this weekend. I can't wait!! I can't get enough Sunshine and warm weather! I will enjoy every bit I can get.

Heather...love all the pictures!! So do you sell all the bulls and keep the females? Or just what? Is
your farm a Dairy farm? I'm glad you liked my Purple hair...me too...I just wish it didn't fade out so
fast. Even using all the tips my Hair Stylist gave me hasn't really made much of a difference. It still fades to lavender after 4 weeks and by 8 weeks it is pretty much faded away.
Gotta go...hubby just got home. More later!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  03:43:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! It is a BEAUTIFUL day down here in the south! We are only suppose to reach 70, and I am SO excited! The family and I are headed to the zoo for a field trip, which we have all been looking forward to! Tomorrow we are going to a living history day about three hours away, which should be lots of fun as well! We aree obviously feeling much better :). I got my bloodworm back from the doctor yesterday... Lots to work on, and more bloodworm that needs to be done. Sigh. But God will see us through! Well I need to go finish feeding Emi, but wanted to pop in here real quick. Enjoy your day :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  11:01:30 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...what is a bloodworm??????????????? It doesn't sound like something I would want back.
*giggle...snort...giggle* Or more of! ~ Glad you are all feeling better and it sounds like you have a
fun day planned out. Hope the Family enjoys it!

Hugs to All...do something FUN this weekend! Even if it's just walking in he snow!
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  12:23:28 PM  Show Profile
HaHa, Peg , I was wondering about Shannon's 'bloodworm' also!!

Snow? I had to turn on the air conditioning.

Glad everyone is feeling better.

My best to all,
Mel
Farmgirl #1463
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Goddesses of the Iris
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  12:49:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mel...glad to see you on The Porch today! I know...I couldn't quit laughing over Shannon's
typos...had to give her a little ribbing on that!

You must be having great weather if you had to turn up the air conditioner. We are suppose to be
back in the 80s over the Weekend and I'm doing Cartwheels. Give me the Heat any day!!! We will
let Judy do all the Snow Walking for us. I want Sunshine and my air-conditioner!!! And I am a
Happy Girl!

blessings and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  12:57:28 PM  Show Profile
HI all. I too giggled at Shannon 'bloodworm.'
We are having a warm week... finally. 70's! Woo-hoo!(NOT putting the snow shovel away yet though)* sigh*
Ok gals, I haven't told any funnies on myself lately, have I? Ready for a big giggle? OK.
I was at the kitchen sink rinsing a glass when I spotted a (ladybug) in the drain basket. Ladybugs are everywhere already so I wasn't surprised. I figured I'd throw it out the kitchen window and the sun would dry it off quickly and it would be on it's way. So I picked up the basket, put my glasses on to see what kind of ladybug it was and headed to the window, apologizing to it for whooshing cold water over it and nearly drowning it before I saw it in there. I peered in and ....it was a piece of food. I was apologizing and cooing to a PIECE OF FOOD Gals! *sigh* I hate getting old! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  1:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Judy...ROFLOL!!! That was a good one! I thought you were going to say that when you threw it out
the window...the window was shut and you smashed the poor little lady to death. But what really
happened is even funnier! I talk to my food too Judy...especially if it's Chocolate of any kind!
I coo at it too and say, "Come a little closer...I want to eat you...NOW!"

Next time you think you see a Lady Bug in your sink...go get your glasses first...before you decide
to sweet talk to it. LOL You made my day though girlie!!! I needed those laughs today and Judy
you never disappoint!!!

Hugs and belly laughs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  3:30:29 PM  Show Profile
....and boy oh boy...I aim to please Peg... even if I'm NOT aware of it! Lol
My whole life is one BIG giggle! lol

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  10:34:54 AM  Show Profile
You guys are too funny! It is totally the computer's fault though... Silly autocorrect! Of course I guess I have to take the blame for trying to type "blood work" as one word!

Oh my goodness Judy... You had me in stitches! There was a movie years ago, and I cannot seem to think of what it was called - maybe The Babysitter - anyways, the girl had her glasses stolen and she was waiting for the bus or subway or something. Anyways, she thought she saw a kitten, picked it up and was cooing to it, only to find out it was a rat! Being "blind" myself, I can only imagine what I would mistake without my glassese on!!!

Well the zoo was fabulous yesterday, but we did not get to go to the history field trip today :( We were not quite an hour down the road, and our two year got sick all over the place! We came back home, bathed her and cleaned her seat. We were all pretty bummed, but honestly the children have all handled it great! No one complained, but rather saw the need to take her home and let her rest today. We are still hoping to go to church tomorrow, as after she was sick she has seemed fine, but only time will tell! Next weekend there is another reenactment in a different town, so we are going to try to go to that one.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  12:17:42 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I use to be car sick as a child. Maybe she is too. I grew out of it, but it was miserable for my poor Mama. When we went on long distance trips and took the family dog(he went everywhere with us, even vacations out west) he and I split a car-sickness pill.(Dramamine?) Hahaha Memories with the dog.hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 16 2016 12:18:52 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page