Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  3:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy Valentine's Day porchies! We stayed in, staying warm and just resting. Hope you all had a good day.

Got my tea package yesterday Heather.. Neat tea covers... loved all the goodies! thanks so much!

Wish I could have swept off your snow for ya sissy. I actually enjoyed it since we have had none yet.

Stay safe and warm.. I'm in my nest for the weekend..lol laters

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  3:22:53 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day all y'all!! Hope you have all had a terrific day.

Quiet here....just me and Mattie!! :)

Flowers from my son and his girl!!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  8:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Judy - First Impressions is a book. Author is Sarah Price. I got it on Kindle for $1.99. It's an Amish version of Pride and Prejudice. Midsomer Mysteries I think was a BBC mystery series. No gore. I watch it on Netflix. Grantchester is really good too and that's on Sunday nights on PBS. No gore that I can remember.

I survived my day. M* made me a wonderful salmon, potato cake, and salad for supper with cheesecake for dessert. He got me a pair of snowshoes! I was so excited. I'd been waiting for them to be clearanced to buy them. Now I need snow! LOL He also gave me another bottle of the Raspberry Chocolate Port Wine he bought when he was in Michigan visiting. It's expensive, about $27 for a small bottle, but oh so delicious. I didn't realize he'd bought another bottle, he was hiding it to give me today. He can be so sweet when he wants to.

Okay, I'm off to bed. Hopefully I can sleep off this low grade fever.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  12:10:02 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy... I bought a bottle of that four years ago when I was in Michigan and it was so yummy. But the
alcohol content in that stuff is like 27% and much higher than regular wine and I didn't realize that.
It did not mix with my medication so...just a warning!!! Sounds like you had a lovely Valentine's Day.

Mel...lovely flowers! I just love when my boys do that for me. So special!!!

Ok...just got home from watching my grandson. From 3:30 till Midnight...and I'm pooped.
More Later girlies.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  12:13:51 AM  Show Profile
Well, no valentine baby for me! Was having some strong contractions but nothing yet.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  12:18:44 AM  Show Profile

Thank You Mel...I just uploaded this picture of one of our Mountains I took at dusk a couple of weeks
ago...to try it out after I refreshed my browser. That was the ticket! Thanks again!!!

And Patsy...glad you had a good day nesting!!!

Hugs And Good Night,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  07:39:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh, boy...seems like I've been away from the porch for ever! Miss all of you!
February is just flying by. Happy belated birthday, Judy!
I just went back through February's posts...beautiful pictures, everyone! Thank you for sharing!
Right now, we have the biggest, fluffiest snowflakes coming down. I don't think they will stick though.
Our days have been with drivers edc. classes for grand daughter, and babysitting for a great-grand daughter. This old body really crashes with fibro after whole days of rolling around the floor with her.
I've stopped hurting just in time to start babysitting again today. Its only for a month or so. Sounds like I'm whining; but, she is worth every second of it!
We picked up our mail yesterday after a week. There was the tea pkg from Heather nndairy! Such a treat! Such sweet packaging and a handmade, and local goodies! So interesting! Makes me definitely want to visit your area...I'll let you know before we come. lol. Thank you, so much, Heather. I see others have not commented, so I won't spoil there surprise.
Well, time to do a little laundry before I gather up those ggd hugs!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  08:04:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heather -

Got your tea packet and tucks - thank you so much - I loved everything!!!

Snowing again and wind chills of -26 here this AM - I am so ready for spring.....................

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  12:22:22 PM  Show Profile
Just got home from the vet.... Stephie, our dog, is gone :'( Heartbroken!!! I'm around, but probably won't be very vocal for a few days.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  12:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...so sorry for your loss dear girl. One of the hardest things on earth to do.
Praying for you and your family.

Hugs and prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  12:54:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon! I'm so sorry :( Hugs!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  1:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I'm sorry. I'll be praying for your comfort.

Heather, THANK YOU!!! I got my tea package and love love love it! Instead of putting the little cow on the pencil, I have it sitting on my side table next to the chair that I relax in.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  4:58:37 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, BIG((((HUGS)))) Sweetie! I know how you feel right now! Praying for you!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  5:49:40 PM  Show Profile
Shannon....So sorry about your Stephie! I know how you are feeling. It's only been a few months since I lost Jake and it is still raw sometimes but it will get less painful over time! {{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers to you and the family.

Peg......glad the browser fix worked for you! :)

Judith....glad you could stop by....hope you can stay healthy and have fun with GGD.

Heather........ looking forward to the tea and tuck-ins but haven't been able to get to the mailbox. Knee not so good and almost can't walk on it now. will get to it as soon as it's possible.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  6:05:57 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet Stephie. That's so tough to deal with. Hugs and prayers for you.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  06:00:56 AM  Show Profile
Ladies thought I would join in because I need to thank you for all the great suggestions! I am always looking for good shows and books. I can't wait to read First Impressions as I love the Amish. Though I have not commented I have sent prayers for each of you that needed them since I started reading this forum. We have been under a state of emergency here in North Carolina which I am sure would make many of you smile if not down right laugh since there is only about a half inch of junk on the ground. It is very cold though and we are suppose to break a temperature record by 8 degrees which is substantial. Thousands are without power and I feel very blessed to have missed that inconvenience, it is all a matter of what you are used to. Today will be a crafty day for me. And I must wash that dern kitchen floor. And maybe later start a lapaghan. I just loved that! Have a happy day. Thanks to all. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  12:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet Stepie! Hugs to you on these hard days!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  12:47:33 PM  Show Profile
Maryellen...WELCOME TO THE PORCH!!! So glad that you decided to pop on and share; besides just reading the
posts. We love to have new gals join in. This is a great group to be a part of...a Safe Haven to Share,
Laugh, Cry, Joke, Vent and Share daily Life and virtual food. We don't put on any unwanted weight with our
Virtual Food. LOL When my family lived in Libby Montana years ago...my parents had good friends named
Chris and Maryellen. I haven't heard that name for a long time...so, I feel a connection to your right off.

Winnie...you must be just lurking too. Come on girls we all love to hear from you. Ready to leave for a
long day and evening but wanted to hop on and welcome our Newest Porchie.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  12:54:04 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Maryellen! Glad you could join us on the porch!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  3:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Maryellen! You're a newbie like me :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  6:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! Thank you so much for your sweet words, hugs, and prayers! I didn't sleep last night, which means I had a migraine all day today. Took some meds a little bit ago, which will hopefully take the edge off enough that I can sleep tonight. I'm hoping the feeling that I betrayed her will go away quickly! My poor three year old had a panic regarding his daddy this morning. When he asked where he was, I told him he was at work. To that, my 3 yo asked if he was not going to come home just like Stephie didn't come home. It absolutely tore at my heart! But I was very proud of myself - even with no sleep and a massive migraine all day, I was still able to do school with the kids :)

Oh I never got to tell you about Valentine's Day. Normally we do not do anything, and we never have! This year, though, each of the kids got me something, as did my hubby! I was blown away! I received two water bottles, one from my 1 yo and 1 from my 6 yo a pair of socks from my 11 year old (she LOVES socks!!!!), a peppermint patty heart from my 3 yo (who ended up stealing over half of it!), a dozen purple roses from my 9 yo, and a dozen chocolate covered strawberries from my 7 yo. My hubby made me breakfast in bed and will be making me another garden box :) My girls got my hubby a Reeses PB heart, my boys got him chocolate covered coffee beans, and I got him two dozen roses. It was so lovely! So we have three dozen roses sitting in the middle of our dining room table!!!!

Heather - I received my tea package as well :) Thank you so much!!!!! My cow topper joined the one that I got from a dear friend back in 7th grade! The kids thought I was crazy for keeping it for "so long."

We are about to get slammed with a crazy cold blast again.... well for us anyways. Thursday is only going to be high of 33 and a low of 15!!!! For comparative purposes, Sunday will be a high of 73 with a low of 53!!! Silly weather!

MaryEllen - Welcome to the porch!!! This group of ladies are so supportive and encouraging. Everyone on this forum are a huge wealth of information! I'm looking forward to visiting with you here on the porch!

Well my meds are starting to kick in, and I'm going to take advantage of the lessening of pain and try to get some sleep. Looking forward to chatting with you all tomorrow.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  7:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Maryellen! So glad you joined us. So you liked my sister's lapghan, huh? I thought it was funny when she said it. She lives in Franklin, N.C. That's in the mountains. Where exactly are you?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  9:44:45 PM  Show Profile
Heather...I got my adorable Tea Pkg today!!! Thank you so much!!! The Teas look like they will be good and healthy
ones. But really...what Tea isn't healthy for you??? Maybe my chocolate ones!!! LOL Loved the little Pencil Topper,
and all the other goodies you stuck in that pkg. You did a great job on it again this year. The Mug Rug was Special
loved that!!! I maybe the last one to receive mine (no probably Sabrina) but I don't like to spoil the surprises
for others. But I loved it all...and so much fun...getting lovely mail instead of bills.

Judy...I keep getting the same Valentine E-Card from you about twice a day. Is this a joke testing to see if I remember
I got it already? Tee Hee Hee!! I maybe getting old, and I may live in a Fibro Fog half the time, but I'm not senile
yet!!!

Shannon...what a lovely Valentine's Day!!! Wow...who gets 3 dozen roses for Valentine's Day??? You scored girl!!!
I love the idea of The Purple Roses!! Nice!

I know exactly how you feel about Betraying your dog. When I had to put down my little Bella...it was because the Emergency Vet wanted $1,200 that night and probably another $600.00 in Kennel Boarding while her eye healed. And we
are on a fixed income and just couldn't do that. We don't even use Credit Cards. So I felt guilty that I had to put
her down just because we couldn't pay for her surgery. I carried that guilt for about a month...but people kept sharing
their stories with me...about how they went through similar tough decisions and I swear that is the only thing that
got me over the guilt. And several of those women were on The Porch. So, take it from some one who knows...you did the
best thing you could do for your Stephie.

Hi Joyce and Luanne...glad you came on to Welcome our Newbie. Hope the snow isn't doing you girls in. We had a Gorgeous
Spring Day today. Oh, it was one for the Record Books...and I am so soaking up those sun-rays.

Ok...We had a Wonderfully Grand Birthday Party for my DIL tonight. She got lots of gifts and had a good time with friends
and family. We all enjoyed ourselves.

More tomorrow my lovelies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 18 2015 08:49:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  12:56:05 AM  Show Profile
Shannon-I'm so so sorry about your dog. We had to put my dog down 3 years ago, right after David was born. I had a lot of guilt too. Mostly that I'd had 2 kids in 2 years and felt like I didn't give her the attention and care she deserved those last two years. But she had congestive heard failure so it wasn't our fault and there wasn't anything we could have done (she was a dalmatian and they don't live long anyway). Will pray for comfort for you and your family, I know it is hard on kids.

Well no baby yet! Still in the limbo waiting phase. I've been pretty patient and positive this whole pregnancy but it is hard for me, being type A, to not know when baby is coming and feel like I just sit here waiting. It is also hard because I keep having contractions that don't go anywhere so I'm tired and achey but I know it will all be over soon and so worth it. I had what will probably be my last prenatal appointment yesterday. I'm 39 weeks today. She wanted me to schedule to come back on my due date but I told her lets just wait and see. She said if I go past my due date I'm supposed to go in every other day-yeah that isn't going to happen, I have 3 kids and live 45 minutes from her office!! Not to mention that I can't drive down there because of the anxiety I have in lots of traffic. So hopefully this baby will go ahead and come before or on its due date so I don't have to figure that out! :) Otherwise she said everything looks good. Just waiting.

I have to go to the grocery store today-with all the kids. Which is likely one of my least favorite things ever. Usually hubby does the grocery shopping on his way home from work but he has been getting off late and we really need some stuff so I'm stuck with it this week. It is likely to put me in labor just because I hate it so much lol. Or it will stall labor out even longer..... Hopefully my kids decide to cooperate today.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  05:13:49 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - technically I guess I did not really get three dozen roses... I only got one and my hubby got two. BUT I am the one that get to enjoy them everyday :) I will see if I can take a picture and get it uploaded. Yup, I am now having issues too, lol.

Sabrina - when you said you were taking the kids grocery shopping, my first thought was that the baby would be coming today, lol. Hopefully it goes well and doesn't throw your one daughter off too bad, with the kink in the schedule. We always wait until hubby is home to go grocery shopping. I actually wouldn't mind going with just me and the kids, but the parking lot and spaces at the he store we go to are horribly close, and I am petrified of trying to park there... Well actually it is not the parking that scares me, but rather getting out of the parking spot and lot!

Feeling a lot better today! Still have a slight headache, but hopefully it will go away as I am able to drink some water and eat some food! I am thinking pancakes with strawberry syrup, fresh sliced strawberries and bananas and maybe a little whipped cream on top. Anyone want to come over for breakfast? Or I could leave some here on the porch :) the pancakes are gluten free and the strawberry syrup is homemade :)

Speaking of homemade canned goods, I need to sit down and figure out how much I should can this year. It is hard to believe, but if all goes well, we will be moving and buying our homestead in a year and a half! I want to try to use up the mass majority of my canned goods, so they do not break on the way, making a MESS! I may try drying more this year...... I think that is what I am going to do with a lot of the frozen veggies I will have left in the freezer right before we move.... Dehydrate them. We do not eat that much jams, jellies or syrups, and I have a pantry still full now, but I still want to take advantage of the fresh pick your own produce. So I am thinking dehydrating needs to be the main way I go!

Well I think I am going to go start breakfast. Hope all of you have a glorious day and Sabrina I pray the shopping trip is not too stressful, your daughter handles the outing, and your wee blessing makes his/her debut :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page