Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  1:45:16 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I've been wondering about Sabrina, too. And, your scotty isn't so little at 22 lbs. Gosh!

Sabrina, if you're out there, we sure hope you're doing great!!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  2:36:25 PM  Show Profile
Catherine...good news, no surgery. But you seemed to be awfully busy to keep good care of your knee. Hope you can find a balance and not do any more damage. My knee is killing me also, since my granddaughter was here in mid-January. We went to tour the Cowboys Stadium and I did a job on it. Must be the season! :)

I too have been wondering about Sabrina and Shannon also! They have both been MIA for a bit. Hope they are doing well. Maybe Sabrina had that baby early!

It sure has been quiet on the porch as Peggy said. Bad weather in the east....affecting any of our farmgirls? Boston has had 6 feet in the last 18 days and it was still snowing last evening as they expected another foot. Back in the day in Chicago....I loved the snow but that sure is ridiculous! Hope all are safe and cozy! Poor kids will probably be attending school in July! :)

Our weather has been beautiful the last few days 75/80....cold front on the way tonight, though.

Well Peg, your lil' guy Snickers is not so little.....I couldn't carry Mattie if he were that big either. He is 10 lbs....but a little on the thin side but he has put on a pound since I got him.
How great that you get to spend Valentines Day with Elijah.....he has got to be so much fun.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  6:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Flying in for butterfly minute. I have been swamped this week with school and my family's activities. Today I went to our county spelling bee with my little butterflies that made it and let me tell you I thought I was great speller until I heard some of their words. YIKES! They were hard and there a few I had never heard.

Tomorrow I am going to my last parent teacher conference for my son. I probably won't know what to do next year. I have been going so long. It hardly seems possible that they can be near the end. I still can't get my pictures to upload and I tried the link to update and it still won't load. I have never had that trouble before. So bah humbug on pictures.

It is very cold and windy here so I am not finding that my cup of tea at all. But spring will come eventually.

well ladies I hope yall are doing wonderful, but I must be on my way. Have a few things to get ready for tomorrow.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  7:30:05 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - I was thinking the exact same thing about Sabrina!!! I'm anxiously awaiting news on the little one :) I'm praying for safe delivery and health for both of them!

Catherine - I'm thrilled to hear that your doctors appointment went so well!! Will be praying for you :)

Peggy - LOVE the idea of Valentine memories...we don't really do Valentine's anymore (we only did 1 that I remember) so this year I'm hoping to do something a little special with the family. Two weeks ago the kids and I made cards to send to their cousins. We have a church breakfast in the morning, so then I was thinking of doing a tea in my "fancy" room (if the reno's are done on time!) and in the evening I'm actually taking a cake decorating course at Michael's from 4-7p...I'm SO excited about that. So, as for my memory...my favourite one is when my husband and I were dating, and it was our first Valentine's (so this would be 13 years ago) and he took me on the gondola up to Grouse Mountain (which is a little ski village on top of the mountain - google it if you'd like, it's in Vancouver, BC), took me out for dinner and we walked around the little village and he gave me this beautiful white gold necklace in the shape of a heart with diamonds on it. I still have it to this day :)

So, today I took a Valentine's Quilt class...while I was gone, my husband got two dexter cows. While the cows were being put in the pasture, one of our poor llamas completely freaked out and JUMPED THE FENCE!!! I think she was thinking she was one of the deer that she sees so often doing that :) The problem is that this llama has been with us for a year - and we've been trying so hard to tame her, but she wants nothing to do with us....so my husband spent the whole day chasing her and looking for her. He caught her...and then she ran out again, so my husband put up the electric fence and spent hours looking for her. The poor kids were pretty much left to themselves the day (with the odd time of seeing dad running around trying to catch the llama - on the road, at the neighbours...everywhere!). He caught the llama right before I came home (5p) and I left at 8am....his whole day was spent chasing the llama. I felt pretty bad for everyone! The kids did fine - he took a brief llama catching break to feed them lunch and tuck them in for naps/quiet time, but I did honestly feel awful. The neighbours now all know us - and all had a good chuckle and laugh I believe - at least I know what the neighbours are talking about tonight around the dinner table :D

I'm off to bed now - and like Peggy - hope to hear about some fun and interesting stories from some others!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  9:04:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi there.
Ok...wow... as soon as somebody mentioned fishing on a bank with a warm breeze, I closed my eyes and smelled the earth and the worms and felt the breeze ruffle my hair and saw the bobber jerk a Couple of times. What a nice break for me since we have ice everywhere and snow still in our yards, about 3 inches, and highs in the low 20's. Brrrr. But thanks for the daydream. I love playing make-believe. *giggle*
My favorite Valentine memory was when Patsy and I were little girls and Daddy would give Mama a beautiful BIG heart box filled with every kind of chocolate imaginable. That was back in the early 60's when the boxes were so elaborate with lots of lace, ribbon and satin. They were just gorgeous. But the best part wasn't Mama's box as much as the 2 miniature boxes he gave to us. Wow, we actually had our own box, not as fancy, but OURS! hahaha Yummy! I tried so hard to make those chocolates last. Mama had so many boxes collected over the years.
When they sold the house she had to just throw them away. They were so old and faded. How sad. So, that's my memory.
Praying for creaky knees and aches 'n pains.
Love ya'll.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 11 2015 9:07:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  9:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Catherine - great news that you don't need surgery!

I hope Sabrina is doing well. I'm sure she'll post soon with pictures of the new one :o)

The weather here is plunging back into arctic temps again. We've been under wind gust and wind chill warnings. I took a half day off work and have been enjoying a restful afternoon. I've watched a couple episodes of Midsomer Mysteries on Netflix and have worked a little bit on the baby afghan. I finished reading Forty Years in the Wilderness today. It was an interesting book. It's a woman's life after she moved to Alaska. She sure had a rough life. I'm curious enough I may see what other books she wrote to see how the situation turned out. Don't want to spoil anything in case somebody wants to read it. I saw a ad for Sarah Price's book First Impressions and bought it. It's an Amish version of Pride and Prejudice. I LOVE Pride and Prejudice so I had to get the book LOL I love Kindle for quickness.

Joyce - Sorry to hear about the llama. Hopefully she warms up to you soon and stops trying to run away. Does she need a companion?

Peggy - How's the chair? Hopefully no more problems.

Valentine's Day I have to work until 7 so M* is fixing us supper. There are so few places in town we've learned not to eat out on any type of holiday. We're having Sweet Chili Glazed Salmon, baked potato and salad unless he changes it up. I saw the recipe on FB and thought it sounded yummy so suggested it. He made me king crab legs last Saturday after I got off work. They were so good. I've never had them before. Okay, need to run and get some sleep. So glad I don't have to drive in the morning in this weather.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  08:48:12 AM  Show Profile
Tammy - it's OK :) It's a bit humorous of a story! Ironically - she DOES have a companion - her MOTHER!!! They both came to us from an abused situation - and I have a feeling that the mom was around cows before, so she wasn't scared and didn't get scared. Today - the electric fence is keeping the dexters (who's names are Dixie and Desta - I just named them!) away from the llamas, so Kiki and CoaCoca (the one who ran away) are just eyeing them with their special llama look, but are staying in the pen.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  09:27:39 AM  Show Profile
OK Girlies...I just got half way through a long post and then my computer did a windows update right in the middle of it and I lost it all. Grrr!!! So, I would like to kick this laptop out into a Snowbank but we don't have any snow.

So, I will go cool myself down and be back later tonight.

Hugs and Frustration,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  09:35:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi all - Wanted to pop in for a moment to let you know that things are okay here.

Catherine - praising God it is a torn meniscus (which is bad enough!) but doesn't require massive surgery!!!

Joyce - loved the picture of your daughter in her outfit for the performance! Congratulations on the van and the cows! Hoping your llamas adjust ;) We have looked at getting alpacas one day, but only time will tell!

PG Tammy - How is First Impressions? Forty Years in the Wilderness sounds like a really good read! I've been rereading my Love Comes Softly series before going to bed... I read a few chapters each night. Oh how I love those books!

Judy - I love your memory of the Valentines your dad brought you guys! My uncle use to get my aunt a dozen roses and my cousin a single rose. When my cousin got married, her dried roses the flower girl threw were the ones she had received from her dad, and the ones from the man she married!

TLTammy - (((hugs))) as you adjust to your son graduating!!!

Mel - What have you done to your knee???? Is it sprained or worse???

Peggy - so glad the chair issue is finally resolved!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  09:58:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! Just a quick check in, sorry no baby yet! I've been having contractions for the last few days on and off, this is totally normal for me but really slows me down and makes it hard to do much of anything...including think-and it could potentially go on for weeks!! And of course my kids are choosing now to be extra difficult so pretty much all my energy and effort is going to keeping them from killing each other. (for example right now as I'm typing this my son somehow got a busted lip....) Hubby is working late from now till baby comes so that makes it harder. I read through what is going on with everyone but like I said my brain isn't working :) I did say a quick prayer for all the needs I saw! I will try to check in more regularly until baby comes so everyone doesn't get prematurely excited!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  11:01:57 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you Sabrina :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  5:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,
Things are OK here too.
Thanks so much for the teas and tuck ins Peggy. You are so good at decorating it all up so that each part is a present! The teas were wonderful.
Just trying to stay warm and knowing that the robins I saw mean spring IS coming! Daffodils are up a few inches with a couple flowers ready to bloom! Don't they know they will get bit? It's too soon.
Judy: I still have a pic of myself I made for Jim when we were going together of all of mama's Valentine boxes setting around me and I was holding one that I wrote in the bottom "Be My Valentine".
..and you are right about trying to make those chocolates last! Loved reading all the conversation heart candy too...hard to believe it's going to be 6 years on the 13th that he's been gone. Valentine's day won't be the same til we meet again on the other shore...

Peggy, you just have the most awful time with computers don't you? There's a place in settings to set it at what time YOU want it to update. I usually do mine in the wee hours of the morning.

Well gals, time to go nest on the couch. Working on an afghan..well, I picked up a hook and yarn and started crocheting in circles, so ya, an afghan..right? or lapghan if I don't want to go to far..lol..it just relaxes me..so it will be whatever it wants to be..toodles..hugs n prayers for all who want and need them.. xoxo

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  12:53:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Well, it is 10 minutes until Midnight...so I did make it back on "Tonight" like I said.
Oh, this was one of those days where if I didn't laugh at myself I would have been in tears
instead. I do believe in NOT taking oneself too seriously...as nobody else does anyway. LOL

Tonight we had Bible Study at a different home than we usually go to...and I had only been
there one time about 10 months ago and my husband had driven me there and it was in the daylight.
I thought I had the general area in mind where she lived...so I wasn't worried about it...but
that was before I realized that I can no longer read street signs at night. Oh, my goodness
I got so lost it was hysterical. I kept getting onto dead-end streets etc. When I noticed I was
going to be late...I finally pulled over and did google maps and then I was voice directed right
to where I needed to go. Totally had forgotten about that little convenience on my phone...what
a life safer. So, I was 10 minutes late and 3 others were later than me...as they got lost too.
So, we had a good laugh together. Geesh! I got home with no problem...but then I wasn't trying to
find my way like my husband had driven us before...I was told he had taken the back route in with
all the confusing twists and turns unless you knew right where you were going. My husband use to
Drive Taxi for a second job years ago...so he can find his way out of a Paper Bag no problem. LOL
Bible Study was great though and we had a fabulous study time.

Yes, Patsy... I do seem to have computer problems too. You would hardly believe I use to work on
computers all day long for years and I would have to trouble shoot for my employees when the computers
acted up or went down all together. I use to have the reputation for being computer savey...but not
any more. Either Old Age and Fibro Brain have done me in or when I told myself I had to Retire...my
Brain agreed and went on permanent shut-down. LOl Glad you like the Teas and Tucks! ~ Hey can you post
a picture of your mom's heart boxes on here??? That would be fun to see.

Well, Sabrina at least we now know you haven't had the baby as of yet. Hay, I obviously can relate to
the brain not working well....so don't feel bad. Just jump on every few days and say "still no baby"
or "baby has arrived" see you when things get settled down a bit.

Shannon...Yes, I love my chair and that is now one headache behind me. They Furniture place really treated
me well on the whole thing. I am Thankful for that. Glad you are doing ok also. We worry like Ol' Mother Hens
when we don't hear from our regulars often enough.

Judy...I liked your story about your dad buying your mom those fancy Valentine Hearts and you girls each little
ones. My parents got us the small boxes too. My mom didn't like the Heart Candies back then...she loved
Chocolate covered Cherries both the cream and the liquid...and we liked them too. She would usually share one
of them with us...after we snarfed down our own candy.

Joyce...I know it exactly where Grouse Mountain is...because I talked my husband into taking us up on that Gondola
ride one year when we were in Vacation in Canada. My husband hates heights, so it took me some real convincing to
get him to agree. Once we got to the top...I didn't think I would get him back down. He kept stalling...as he hated
every minute of the trip up the Mt. In fact I finally told him to close his eyes and deep breathe. On the way down
I thought it would be better because the fog had set in...but he said it made it worse as he felt claustrophobic.
I don't get his fear of heights, spiders and snakes...because non of those things have ever bothered me. LOL
But show me a mouse or a rat...and I will run for them there hills...and will probably make it to the top with
out the need of a gondola at all. LOL I am glad you had a Romantic twist to your story. Very Sweet. ~ Also, laughed
so hard about the Cows and Llama Story. Oh, your poor hubby was probably ready to give that Llama away but the time
he got him back.

Teacher Tammy...oh, those bitter sweet Senior Year Memories for your boys. It is just a matter of months until
the graduate and fly the coop for college. Just treasure up everything in your heart because you will be so
surprised about how many times you will reminisce about them over the years. They all grow up much to quickly.
But I have to say that I love having my children as Adults now. I worry about them a lot less, still pray just
as much for them and now their families. But it is a sweet reward having your kids become your Adult Friends.
It is a huge blessing...I never thought about when they were younger.

Mel...Hi Girl...how you doing? Yes, Snicker is a medium size Scotty...nothing like Dorothy's ToTo on the Wizard
of Oz. His parents were both 30+ lb Scotties. Both show dogs. I think the mother weighed 35lbs and The Father
37 lbs. My Vet wants us to keep him right at 20 lbs or under...but he is 3 now and he hasn't been under 20 lbs
for well over to years...so, I don't think that is going to happen. His brother weighs about 26 lbs. But my little
grand-son is good a feeding the dog what he doesn't want to eat. LOL Yes, Elijah is so much fun. He is 21 months
old and talking up a storm. Now when ever his parent drop me off at home...once Elijah knows we are close...he will
start saying, "I goinna miss you!" "I goinna miss you!" and he will start blowing me kisses. Now, if that doesn't
melt a Grandmama's Heart...I don't know what will. Yes, I will have fun with him on Saturday while his parents
go out. Then next Tuesday his Mommy has her birthday and so we are doing a big family and friends party at Red
Robin Restaurant for her...and Elijah will be there and some of the other little ones of her friends. I should
be in Baby Heaven that Night. LOl

Prairie Tammy...I will have to watch for that Midsomer Mysteries on Netlix...I am about done with the Rosemary
and Thyme Mysteries. Have enjoyed those. I started watching "Call the Midwife" the other night but could hardly
get through the poverty; nor stomach some of their deliveries. I would have never made a good mid-wife or nurse or
Dr. in some of those really poverty stricken places. I will watch one more episode before I decide if I can stomach
watching the Series. ~ I never heard about the book First Impressions...I will have to check that out too...as I loved
Pride and Prejudice too.

OK...I guess my long day needs to come to a close...but hey, at least I got to post this time.

Hugs and Valentine Posies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  11:56:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi, since everybody seems to be in tip-top condition today, I guess it's my turn to be down. I did laundry yesterday and was fine. Then at midnite when I was heading off to bed, my head started to ache. By 3 a.m. I was barfing like crazy. I have no idea what that was about. All I know is that I feel crappy today. Not doing a thing.
Patsy, I too want to see that pic of you with all Mama's heart boxes. I think I barely remember it.
I was thinking about Daddy today too. Six years he's been gone and six months for Mama. They will have a great Valentines Day this year! Happy Valentines Day Mama&Daddy, I Love and Miss You Both So Much!
Shannon, what a beautiful idea, using all those rose petals at a wedding. So sweet and very smart!
Sabrina, so good to hear from you. Sorry that you are feeling so 'heavy.'
Patsy, I laughed at your 'lapghan' comment. Cute! I'm glad you are
making stuff again. Brings back memories.
Heather, I got your tea package yesterday. you really packed it full of some cool stuff. Thank you, thank you!
Well girlies, I need to go lie down. My head won't quit hurting. I Pray this too shall pass. Me no likey! It's no fun at all.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 14 2015 10:39:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  12:08:21 PM  Show Profile
My heart is heavy today. We finally decided to make an appointment for our dog at the vet... to probably put her to sleep :'( I am so heartbroken! She is the one I have cuddled with each miscarriage. She was my protector for each deployment and while my hubby worked nights.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  12:11:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon, I am sooo sorry to hear this! I will be Praying!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  5:56:38 PM  Show Profile
It's been a couple days since I checked in. I've read all the posts. I've giggled, I've cried, I've laughed. So much is going on with everyone.

My hubby is working his second job tonight. So, I'm on the sofa with my hurt knee and I'm gonna spend time praying for all y'all.

Blessings!!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  7:14:40 PM  Show Profile
Judy - I"m praying for your headache!

Shannon - my heart is heavy with your news - I cannot imagine the loss you must feel, and will be praying for you during difficult time.

Peggy - yes, his exact words were "I'm sick of you llama! we're going to get RID of you!!". They are doing well now - separated by the electric fence they just eye eachother cooly and leave it at that :)

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! I pray Christs' love will fill all of you on this day :) John 3:16 :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  8:55:50 PM  Show Profile
Judy...girl, praying for that nasty migraine of yours. Those are NOT FUN. I hope your feel
better tomorrow. Do something fun and sweet just for YOU. Does hubby have to work??

Sorry girls for all the misspelling on last nights post. You could tell I was really tired by
all those mistakes.

Shannon...you scared me, I thought you were going to say your miscarried (as I was reading the posts
following yours)...it is bad enough that it is your poor dog. I am so sorry. I have had to put down
several fury friends over the last few years and it is a gut wrencher. The Porchies helped get me
through it with their love, stories and understanding.

Catherine...thanks for your prayers!!! And isn't it fun to get on here and laugh, cry and pray for each
other? That is what I love about the Porch. Everyone is so compassionate and caring. We have a good
group of Farmgirls on here.

Patsy...I loved the fact that you just started crocheting and what ever you end up creating...Is Good for
you. I don't know many people who do that and don't use a pattern. I love your Freestyle concept.

Joyce...hubby and I drove into the country today to do some Postings for his job and we saw some Llamas...
so I told him your husbands story of chasing yours. He said, "Does that mean they are dumb or stubborn?"
I said, "I don't know...seems to me they are just fast!" LOL

Ok girlies...hubby wants me to watch some TV with him. More tomorrow!

Hugs and smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  12:42:14 AM  Show Profile
Well no baby yet! Hubby normally works on Saturdays but is off today (they are sometimes able to trade off two Saturdays so they all get one off but it doesn't always work out). And the kids don't have awanas tomorrow so I'm hoping for a slow, relaxing weekend! Maybe that will encourage labor to start.

Shannon, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, that is so hard!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  06:13:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. It's cold here and I'm sick. Started feeling a scratchy throat yesterday and this morning it's starting to feel raw and my neck feels swollen. Of course today I work 8 hours cashiering and will need to talk all day so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I really hate being sick.

Shannon - I'm so sorry about you having to put your dog down. I've had to do it and it's hard.

Judy - Sorry about the headache. I've been having a lot of them lately myself and I'm thinking the radical weather changes are causing them.

Peggy - I haven't watched the Midwives series. I've considered it but it hasn't drawn me yet. I LOVE Rosemary & Thyme mysteries. I've watched them over and over they're so good. I wish they'd done more episodes. I've watched a couple more Midsomer Mysteries. Have you watched Grantchester on PBS? It's on right after Downton Abbey. It's a new mystery series with a young priest that assists in crime solving.

I finished First Impression and it was good. I really enjoyed the story. I was wondering how she'd work different things in the book and think she did a good job. If it wasn't for the names though I'm not sure some would realize it was based on Pride & Prejudice because she did have to change a lot of things. She's doing a series of Amish books based on classics. She has another one coming out this year based on Emma (first chapter is at the end of First Impression) and in both she mentions cousins Elinor and Mary Anne so I'm guessing Sense and Sensibility is planned also. I'm looking forward to reading them.

Well I best be getting motivated. I foresee a quick trip through the drug aisle before work to get a couple things. Have an awesome Valentine's Day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  06:42:06 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MY PORCHIES...

I don't know what is wrong with the new picture loader on MJF but I couldn't get any images
to load on to here. I tried to post a Valentine Image. Anybody else having trouble with that??
What did they do fix something that wasn't broken to begin with??? LOL I have never had problems
loading pictures on here before...except way back when we use to have to upload them to Photobucket
and then load them on to here. Now...that was a royal pain...but that was many moons ago.

I got up to get a drink of water because I felt so dehydrated, then that led to some Devotional Time
with The Ultimate Valentine of My Life. And then I thought I would check EMails, MJF and Facebook.
I think I will be going back to bed shortly. 4 hours of sleep will not be enough to keep up with my
grandson today. He is in that "Gotta be on the Move" stage of his life...so I keep my running shoes
on...and nap when he naps.

OK Sabrina...Valentines Babies are Special, so today would be a good day to go into Labor. Hint Hint! LOL

Prairie Tammy...I have been thinking about watching Grantchester...I should go back and catch up on it first.
Thanks for the recommendation. ~ So sorry you have to go to work sick. I did that for so many years...being
The Manager I had to be almost dead and buried before I felt I could stay home. Then you end up sharing
your sickness with everyone else...and they get mad at you for NOT stayint home. It is a vicious cycle.

Ok girlies...back to bed!!

Have a Lovely Valentines Day You ALL!!!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 14 2015 06:47:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  09:51:49 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Day!!!! I love all y'all.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  11:04:50 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Day Ya'll! Love yuns to pieces!
I feel like I'm alive today....yaaaaaa. Couldn't say that yesterday. I was just existing. blaaaah.
I feel for anybody who feels crappy in this weather... although, this weather makes me want to stay in bed and that's ok because I can. It's those of you who can't that I feel for. Poor girlies.
Is First Impression a series on TV or a book. Who is the author? What's it about exactly?
Midwives wasn't for me either Peg, so don't feel bad.
I watch rosemary and Thyme over and over too! I also wish they would have done more episodes.
What is Midsomer Mysteries? It sounds familiar. Is it gruesome? Some shows are just too gruesome for me. I have a low tolerance for that.
Hey Peg, I agree, what a GREAT day to have a baby!! And what a 'pretty' name! Yes?
I went out to sweep off the 3 inches of new snow earlier and feed my lovely birdies and I couldn't see my footprints within the few minutes it took me to fill the feeder. Crazy, heavy, blinding snow today! But it's all fluffy at least. Easy to sweep. Since(yes Peg)hubby is working today, I have to keep things clear as I can.
Well, off to do it again.
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  3:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Peg...try this. It's from Gabe..on the Tech Support thread

Yes, I added a new feature. It required updating a background file that the website uses. Unfortunately, background files aren't very readily updated by browsers -- once they have them, they like to keep them in order to save time sending across the internet.

I put things in place that should trigger the browser to grab the file anew, but it's apparently not working absolutely.

If you visit this file explicitly (and hit refresh while viewing it, for good measure), it should force your browser to regrab it.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/inc_ajax.js

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Browsers are a pain at times (more than just sometimes, actually). Please let me know if that doesn't seem to remedy the issue.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page