Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  05:57:57 AM  Show Profile
Ladies thank you for your warm welcome!

Shannon hope you feel better soon and we are having the same winter weather problems here in my tiny town in North Carolina. School has been canceled the last two days. Doesn't affect me but does some of my husbands work.

Peggy I have only met 2 other women with the name Maryellen spelled the way mine is spelled! As you could imagine it gets spelled wrong all the time but it doesn't bother me I am not fussy about that.

Judy I live in a little town called Stanfield NC. It is 45 minutes east of Charlotte NC. I was born in Michigan and family moved to Florida when I was 10. Clearwater Florida to be exact. I moved myself at the age of 26 (with 2 little ones in tow) to Charlotte NC. Charlotte is way to big for me and I kept running to the country, moving a little farther out each time. I ended up in Stanfield about 20 years ago. The hubs and I are now looking to relocate since all the kiddos are finally graduated and almost gone! The youngest is still hanging with us, she is 23 just finished college. We are still thinking outskirts of Charlotte. We do love the mountains. Franklin is beautiful. If I were to relocate to the mountains it would be Brevard.

Sabrina I hope today is the day!

At the beginning of the year I decided I was finally going to try some new things! I am not a big New Years resolution person so I won't call it that. Today is my first ever piano lesson. I mean I have NO musical talent what so ever. I do not even hum on key! And as far as rhythm goes I look like a sapling stuck in a hurricane when I try and dance. Piano is just something I have always wanted to try. Don't laugh I don't even own a keyboard I have to stop at wal mart and pick one up. I have committed to 6 months and when done I can at least say I have tried it.
I also wanted to become proficient at somethings. For example I can knit a little, sew a little, crochet a little etc. etc. I took a sock knitting class and completed the class and one sock. I am REALLY struggling with sock number 2. My instructor only works one day a week, so I keep going back every Friday to learn a little bit more. I don't know if that is what you would call proficient!
I will let all of you know today's progress, a little nervous!
I hope each and everyone of you have a blessed day! Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  06:19:59 AM  Show Profile
Shannon - yay for feeling a bit better!! Here's to hoping that it keeps on going :) Would love to pop over for pancakes and strawberry syrup!! That's awesome that you guys only have 1 1/2 years left to your goal!! So excited for you :) I need to do the same - sit down and figure out how much I need to can. Hubby just built in my pantry (which is the size of a small bedroom) with shelving yesterday, so I'm ready to spring clean the kitchen/pantry and set out my canned goods from last year!!

Sabrina - hoping today is the day for your sake - but would prefer next Tuesday, as then I'll share a birthday with the baby :P

Maryellen - SO exciting that you started piano lessons!! I'm a piano teacher...well, I'm more of a mom right now :)....and I'm encouraging and rootin for you!!

Have a wonderful day everyone! :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  09:50:05 AM  Show Profile
Good Mornen My Porchies...

Shannon...I would come over and eat some waffles with you...with your strawberry syrup...but I am one of
the very few people in this world who hate pancakes. LOL I think because when we were growing up (we
weren't poor but we were probably considered lower middle class) and I remember my mom fixing pancakes when
ever she couldn't think of anything else to make for dinner, lunch, breakfast even snacks sometimes.Pancakes
were her go to meal. I have eaten pancakes fixed every way imaginable and way too often for my liking.
So, I rarely made them for my family once I was grown raised and married. My kids would beg me for them
and I would make them as a rare treat. For myself I much prefer waffles, crepes, or french toast.
I also hate Jello for the same reason. My mom fixed that stuff all the time with the weirdest stuff in it.
If she had just used fruit in it or made it plain...I might have developed a like for it but she put the most
awful combinations of vegetables in the Jello. Oh, my goodness...I want to throw-up just thinking about it.
My kids only got finger-jello when they were growing up. Other than that...after they were older...they
got no jello. And Heaven forbid when I was growing up...if you told my mom you didn't like a particular food
then you got more of it than anyone else and you were expected to eat every single bite of it or you were
punished. ~ As far as posting pictures go back to my Mountain Picture...and up to Mel's explanation on what
Gabe told her to do to correct the problem. It is a quick one time FIX and then you won't have trouble
posting pix again.

Sabrina...the wee one will probably come when you are least wanting her/him to. Like when you are simply too
tired to think straight. LOL I remember with all three of my boys...when I got close to my due date, falling
into bed and saying, "Oh, Lord please not to night...I'm so exhausted and really need some sleep!" LOL
Non of my children were born in the middle of the night...isn't God good? He took pity on me! Just don't over
do on the shopping trip girl unless you really want to go into labor. And if you do...then go find some
bumpy roads to drive over on the way back home. Keep us posted! (+:

Maryellen...I know what you mean about people spelling your name wrong all the time. I usually just go by Peggy
or Peg but my real name is PeggyAnn (I have no middle name) so people always want to separate it and make
the Ann my middle name or they spell it more like your name and do Peggyann. It bothers me less the older I
get but it use to really bother me when I was in my 20's to 40's for some reason. After awhile you just give
up stressing over it. My son Shane always gets called Shaun and that drove him crazy for years...now his son
Elijah gets called Elisha all the time. So, I guess our family keeps the tradition going of somebody always
being called by the wrong name. ~ Good for you stepping out and doing some new and fun things in your life.
Going outside of ones comfort zone is always a challenge but always comes with a sense of adventure and a
feeling a great accomplishment. YOU GO GIRL!!!

Judith...Oh, nothing better than grandbaby or great grandbaby time. Yes, they wear us out but oh are they ever
worth it!!! So, much fun. I get to go spend some time with my lil guy today. His mommy has a P-Therapy session.
So, I am happy to go play with him. Like you...I get right down on the floor and play with what ever he is into
playing with. He loves Lego blocks. The big ones for toddlers. So usually we both build something...then he
reaches over and steals some of mine and then starts laughing when I say, "Hey, that's mine!" Then we build our
high towers and then we knock each others down and he belly laughs at that. He is such a nut and just loves
to spend time entertaining grandmama.

Prairie Gypsy Tammy...hey, I finally sat down and watched "Granchester" the other night and I loved it!!! In fact
so much so that I watched the first 3 episodes right in a row. So now I will watch it after each episode of
Downtown Abbey. Thanks for the recommendation. For those of you who haven't watched it...it is a must see. It
is on PBS/Masterpiece Theater if you get cable. But if you are an Antenna TV Person like my husband I became a
year ago then you can go to PBS.com on your computer and watch on-line. Which is nice because I can then watch
when I want to...not just on Sunday Night.

OK girlies...off to check email, fb and then go back to bed for a couple hours before I have to watch my boy.

More Later gators,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  10:57:13 AM  Show Profile
Peg, that is an 8-day series on girlfriends and chocolate... silly girl! Leave it to you!
Maryellen, I am soooo proud of you! Good for you, always 'wanting' to learn something new! Yessiree...proud of you!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 18 2015 11:05:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  1:56:52 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I checked the first 2 or 3 cards and they had the same message...so, I'm thinken "what the hay is going
on farmgirl?" LOL Then I thought that would be just like my crazy friend to do something "CrAzY!!!" OK...
laughs on me (again) *giggle*

Hugs and Smiley Faces,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  2:37:55 PM  Show Profile
That's weird, Patsy has been getting hers each day. It's on day 5 today.
I guess you can't receive them for some sad reason. Did you get the Michael Bolton one where he sings to you?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  7:28:49 PM  Show Profile
No...I got no Michael Bolton singing to me...I would remember that one. (+:
I did get the Therapist One Today. So, now something is happening right.
Only I could make sending E-Cards complicated. LOL

Huggies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  7:54:14 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - So sorry for your loss. The pups and I send you big paw hugs! I'm sure the stress of losing her and the weather probably is triggering your migraine. Hope you're feeling better. I think every dog/pet lover who has had to put a pet down questions the decision. If it was easy

Maryellen - Welcome to the Porch. Glad you enjoy our posts about our reading and movies. It's great to find others that enjoy books and movies like we do.

PeggyAnn- I'm so glad you liked Grandchester! It's a great mystery series.

I've been sick. I ended up calling off work yesterday I had such a horrible headache. M* said I was whiter than a sheet. Thankfully I think I've passed the hurdle and feel better today. I still have coughing bouts where I think I'm coughing out pieces of lung but hopefully that will improve. I always have lung issues when I get sick so it's not surprising.

I had an appointment today to get my hair colored and cut. I had planned to just get a single color, brown, but decided last night that I've really missed having highlights so I got sun kissed highlights throughout, which lightened up my dark brown considerably. I love it! Makes me feel younger. I'm heartbroken though. My stylist is moving to the west side of the state. She's going to work in a mission to help sex workers out in that area. I'm sure it's a mission that needs a lot of help. I give her credit for helping work in such a tough area. She married a man who's from Cape Town, Africa and they've done several missions back in Africa in multiple locations. We had a lot of interesting topics we covered while she worked on my tresses.

Well, I best start winding down. I have to take M* in tomorrow for another try at a MRI. His shoulder started spasming so bad the last time they had to stop the MRI. So tomorrow they're having me take him in to give him a morphine injection and then to the hospital for the MRI and hope that allows them to do the whole MRI this time. Obviously he can't drive after having the morphone so I'm driver. I hope he doesn't get sick off the morphine. Please keep him in prayer!

Night everybody and keep safe and warm!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  05:52:28 AM  Show Profile
Count me in. Although I have a deck, not a porch.

Vermont Goat Girl
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  06:42:02 AM  Show Profile
Well no baby yet. The shopping trip wasn't too bad. Kids all cooperated for the most part. The cashier ticked me off but I'm pregnant and grumpy lol. Usually hubby does our shopping so I don't have to drag everyone to the store but he just doesn't have time this week. And we really try to avoid going on the weekends.

Welcome to the porch Katherine!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  09:58:47 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Katherine!

I anxiously am waiting Sabrina - everytime you post I think "is it today?" :)

Things are good with the reno's - yesterday I spent an exhausting day cleaning my kitchen from top to bottom, and my husband built in my pantry shelves, so I'm just thrilled - but so much mess to clean up! I'm so glad that day is behind me. Today I will tackle my parlour - everything is covered in dust due to reno's - and my whole kitchen was in the parlour, so it's time to put stuff back in the kitchen, and on the new pantry shelves :) I'll be so excited to get things back to normal! My sister told me that she's coming to visit this weekend with my niece - so I'm trying to get the whole house clean before tomorrow. I'll won't do a "spring cleaning" in the rest of the house, but if I as least can get it to look surface clean, I'm happy :) I think one room a week is all I can handle!

Have a great day everyone!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  10:00:29 AM  Show Profile
Only have a minute - there aren't enough hours in the day or days in the week to get caught up right now. There's 5 new pages since the last time I was on here so I'm unable to catch up right now. I see most people have gotten their packages - glad you're enjoying them. I wanted to make everyone a dish cloth too (I laughed when someone mentioned it earlier because I already had the coasters done) but, as you can see - it didn't happen. I wanted to write a couple cookie recipes too. Oh well. I had to make flowers and belts for bridesmaid dresses for my sisters wedding in Michigan on Valentines day. Hopefully by next week things will be going a little slower.

I see some of my porchie sisters need some prayers - I'll be praying for all of you.

I hope everyone is staying warm. I see some big storm systems are moving through. We're at a whopping 3 degrees with windchills at 25 below! It's supposed to rain this weekend so it'll at least be warmer.

Well, I'm off for now. Hugs to all.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  11:37:02 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies...

WELCOME TO THE PORCH KATHERINE/GOAT GIRL!!! Porch, Deck, Patio who cares??? This a Virtual Porch
so everyone who wants to belong and go back to those times of old where a lot of visiting happened
on The Porch...are more than Welcome to be here. You will enjoy the fun of visiting, joking and
sharing life...so kick off your cowgirl boots and pull up a rocking chair and tell us a little about
yourself...so we can get to know you.

Oh, my Porchies was I tired from watching my lil' Man yesterday. I came home and fell asleep in my chair
after dinner and napped for an hour and a half...and then this morning I slept in until 10:45.
It is another gray day here (yesterday was too) but at least there is no rain.

Sabrina...Isn't baby officially due next week? If he or she is like the others you will probably
have your wee one next week. You seem to be pretty much a right on time girl from what you shared
with us earlier. Glad the kids behaved for you. Do you get right back into shape after your babies
are born? I know some gals carry their baby weight for months, some just weeks, some never lose it
all, and some look fabulous a week after delivery. It always took me months...and then I kept about
10 lbs extra after each child was born.

Prairie Tammy...yes, I do love Grandchester and now I just need to find the time to get back on and
catch up on back episodes. ~ As everyone knows I read a wide range of books. I don't have just one
genre' I prefer. OK...can't remember if we have any David Baldacci fans on here or not but I just started
a newer novel by him called "Zero Day" You have to like Covert Military Stories to enjoy this...but
I'm just putting it out there in case some of our newbies like that type of story. ~ Doesn't it just
make you feel good to have something new done to your hair? Good for you for allowing yourself that
little "Pick Me Up"...It just puts a little sass in your attitude. LOL

Joyce...renovations are the worst...but once it is done...they are such a huge blessing. Well I hope you
have a wonderful time with your sister and niece. Just remember that they are coming to visit YOU and
not your house. So, don't kill yourself with the cleaning. They won't enjoy your company if you are
tired and cranky. LOL

Heather...Oh, it must be so hard to force yourself outside to do farm chores in that kind of weather. That
is when I don't envy you farmgirls...as I hate cold weather and snow. But I think you are all a hardy and
healthier stock of people for doing that kind of work. We city slickers get lazy and hide in doors in
temperatures like that. ~ You did a great job on your Tea Pkg so don't even think about what you wanted
to do because what you did was more than enough and we ALL enjoyed it so much. That is the FUN in the Tea
Swap is that everyone shares a little bit of themselves in what they do. Your Pkg was lovely and entersting
and the Tea is Great!!!

OK...need to get off and go walk my dog.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  7:15:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey gals checking in. Welcome Katherine from another newbie. I look forward to reading the posts! Tired here as well and COLD weather! My first piano lesson went great. I have never had any kind of music before so it is quite a new experience. Have a slight stomach bug! ugh just kind of upset the last couple days. We need to have that baby soon so that Sabrina can get more comfortable! Peggy I am always looking for new books and movies, so thanks for any and all suggestions. And Peggy there is no better way to rest than with a good book. Thanks again for letting me be a part. Heading out of town for the weekend, you girls be safe.
Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  7:31:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Katherine......deck..porch all the same difference!! LOL :) Welcome!

Maryellen...so glad the music lesson went well...I always wanted to learn the piano too!! Hope it just gets better for you!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2015 :  7:07:52 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Katherine. It's so nice to meet new gals with new faces from all different places. *giggle*
Man it's cold, cold, cold! We had a wind chill of -25 last night. Now that's just 'bitter' folks!
Poor hubby had to drive to work in that!
Stay warm Porchies! That's my main concern for all my Porch-Buds fight now... just stay warm'n safe!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2015 :  7:54:18 PM  Show Profile
Joyce - I think we're all eagerly awaiting Sabrina's baby lol. It's good to have a reasonable plan for cleaning. One room a week makes sense to me. I see all these spring cleaning schedules in 2 days (weekend) or the whole house in a week and think I could never do it unless I didn't work. I just don't have the time left in the day after working.

Heather - welcome back! Any cute additions to the barnyard?

PeggyAnn - I haven't heard of David Baldacci I don't think. What type of books does he write? Yes, it did make me feel better. Unfortunately I felt worse the next day.

I got home from work last night to find one of the furkids had pulled my package of tea candles off the bookcase, chewed the metal up and left the pieces all over the floor and had eaten approximately 6 or more wax candles. We suspected Lacey as she eats anything when she gets in her moods but discovered today today that it was Tip. I'd wondered if Lacey was the true culprit as whichever one had done it had left the metal pieces that that hold the wick to the bottom on the floor. Lacey eats everything when she gets into stuff. If she finds a loaf of bread on the counter that's too close and she pulls it off she eats the plastic bag as well as the bread. Tip on the other hand is known for being more discerning. He'll rip the bread wrapper off and eat the bread. So now I have a very smelly dog with diarrhea. Good thing I didn't have to work tonight. The poor pup isn't feeling to hot.

The good news is Jordon finally bought a vehicle today!!!! No more being a taxi for him. It will be so nice, not to mention cheaper on my pocketbook, not having to drive him everywhere.

Well it's time for me to head to bed. I have to work tomorrow all day. Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  04:31:11 AM  Show Profile
Daniel Wayne was born yesterday morning at 8:35 (our time so middle of the night for yall). 7lbs 11oz and 19.5" long. It was my most intense labor but really not bad overall. Everyone is doing well although still a bit tired! I'll try to catch up soon!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  05:06:04 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
He is so beautiful. I praise God for your uncomplicated (although intense) labor and delivery. I praise God for your precious healthy Daniel.

*begin imagination* You know, we're all gonna be fighting over who gets to hold him and rock him here on the "Porch". I'm hanging up baby boy blue ribbons along the eaves. See? The ribbons softly sway in the breeze.

I've been m.i.a. for a couple of days. One of my goats had two babies, a boy and a girl, that were not healthy and died within 24 hours. Then, Tess, the momma goat, seemed to be suffering from Ketosis or Milk Fever or maybe even both. I treated her with anitibiotics, nutritional drenches, etc... She perked up after a couple of days. Then, one morning, she was near death and I had to put her down myself.
Another goat momma, Tawny, had twin boys. After several days, it became evident that one of the boys was blind. Sadly, I needed to put him down, too. It makes me wonder if changes by the manufacturer to the feed played a factor in decreased nutrition. I switched breeding bucks last year to bring some varied genetics to my closed herd. Maybe he doesn't have the good genetics I was looking for. I'm waiting on a couple of more moms to kid. I'm hoping for a better outcome with them.

Welcome Katherine! Welcome Maryellen!

I need to read the last couple of days' posts to catch up on everyone.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  07:49:31 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - Congratulations!!!! Such a sweet boy. Hope you're resting well and enjoying him :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  09:26:54 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina, congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy, I am sorry for the intense labor but it is all worth it now! Catherine thank you for the welcome and so sorry to hear of your hardship. I hope all of you are having a beautiful day! Nothing much new with me, visiting with two of the grands and their families. The cold weather has let up and we are having some unseasonably warm weather, not complaining. Heading home tomorrow. I am always ready to go and ready to return home, which I think is a blessing to feel that way! Happy Sunday! Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  12:10:28 PM  Show Profile
CONGRATS Sabrina.....Oh what a cutie! I call first dibbs on holding him....on the porch.....cause he was born on my birthday!!! Glad all went well and you get some much needed rest now! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  12:11:55 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! He is beautiful!!!! I m so happy for you! What a blessing each and every miracle from God truly is! Praying for you both, as well as the rest of the family, as you all adjust to the newest bundle of joy! <3

Joyce - How is your pantry going? We use our front coat closet as a pantry, lol. We live in the south, so we don't need coats very much anyways :D

Maryellen - Grrrr I am one of those who spelled your name wrong, by capatalizing the "E" - so sorry!!! Love that you are taking piano lessons! I would really like to do that one day, but right now I am focusing on my kids learning things and I'll take time for me after they are grown. errrrr maybe anyways ;)

PG Tammy - How id your hubby's MRI go???? Praying they have some answers! I had to laugh about poor Tip. Sounds like something one of my kids would do. I can always tell when a little one eats a crayon... by the color of their diaper! Happy to hear Jordan has a car. Is he still with his gf? Praying that situation is going better!

Catherine - how heartbreaking about the goats!!! That is my biggest fear of having multiple animals... the babies that don't make it or have multiple issues!

Adding a rag wreath to the porch - with various blues and greens of course :) And I brought some cupcakes with blue frosting :) I am really debating us waiting to find out what we are having this time! We have a couple months before we have to make that decision!

Katherine (Goat Girl) - Welcome to the porch :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  12:18:34 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina...and Family...CONGRATULATIONS on the arrival of Daniel Wayne. My oldest son's name is Daniel and so we
are pretty partial to that name. He is Beautiful!!! Hope you heal up quickly and that Daniel lets everyone catch up
on their rest from all the hard work and excitement.

I have a busy day going. Will be back on here later.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  1:04:11 PM  Show Profile
yaaa....baby is here. I just put a big wooden stork in the yard holding a blue banner saying, "It's A Beautiful Baby Boy!" See! Hope you like it Sabrina! Wanted to add to Catherine's decorations! Congrats to the family!
Catherine, so sorry to hear about your goats. What a disappointment for you.
Happy Be-lated Birthday Mel! I'm gonna bake you a nice white cake with all the fancy icing flowers and leaves that I love on cakes and leave it on the porch with a big pot of chocolate-raspberry tea. Help yourselves gals...but Mel gets the first slice!
Shannon, what a great idea using the closet for a pantry. Wish I could say that we didn't need ours for coats! hahaha Oh silly me....what a dream...since I live in the 'Nippy-North!' I really do love the snow and cold though. I love our 4 seasons!
...speaking of which, we have a total of 10 inches now after yesterdays all day storm. There's one coming thru tonight too. Hearrrrrrrr's Frosty! *giggle* I really wish I knew how to cross-country ski, I would have been out there in the street last night. It was one of those perfect nights to be out. It was 35, quiet, no cars around and just gorgeous.
Well, Happy Son-day Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page