Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  1:07:20 PM  Show Profile

Looks like the problem with the pics posting has been solved. I saw that so many were having difficult so I found the thread that suggested the fix and it works. Thanx to Gabe! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  2:12:15 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful pic Mel!! How did you upload it? I'm trying to upload one, and it sat for about 20 minutes and was stuck on "processing".

Shannon - I'm also in my thirties :)

Luanne - I'll be on the lookout! The bowl is beautiful.

The kids will be up soon, so I better get going. I always enjoy catching up on the porch :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  2:32:49 PM  Show Profile
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=62132

Tech Support: Posting Pictures and Gabe has a link to update your browser so that it adjusts itself to post the pics on MJF.

Thanx for the sweet comment on my pic Joyce. My son, Kirk (uncle) and my granddaughter, (niece) Sarah.

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  2:40:55 PM  Show Profile

Oh yay!!Thank you Mel!! It worked :)

Shannon - here's the pic of my daughter right before her Scottish Highland Dance performance :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  2:54:14 PM  Show Profile
She is adorable, Joyce. So glad it worked for you! :)

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  8:26:36 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - Sorry you're feeling poorly. It's rough when it happens. When I homeschooled and was sick we'd have school in bed. Everybody would grab a book they were reading or I'd put in an educational move to watch. Sometimes we'd do crafts like knitting. Ease up on yourself! It's one of the blessings of homeschool that you can adjust based on what's going on. Thanks for the concern with Oreo. She's doing really well for a 15 yr old dog. People are amazed when I tell them how old she is, she just doesn't look or act it. She trained and competed in agility and obedience for over 5 years so it's done some damage with her hips. She's an amazing dog and I'll miss her horribly when it's her time. She's more in discomfort then pain so hopefully the meds will help. I want her to be comfortable. The collapsing trachea is an issue for M* who gets irritated listening to her hack/gag.

It must be the weather causing so many problems for so many of us. I have absolutely no energy of late. Once I get done with work I barely have enough energy to make myself supper before collapsing in my chair. I probably should start taking my vitamins again on a regular basis. It could be that we've had so much gray weather that I'm not getting enough Vit. D. I keep the blinds open behind my work computer so I can get light all day but it probably isn't working.

I got my Stabil-Icers today in the mail from LL Bean. They go on over your shoes/boots and have studs in the bottom of them to prevent slipping. I had to order some since I couldn't find anything smaller than a large in town. Unfortunately it was -7 (and dropping) and I wasn't quite up to walking with it that cold lol. Jordon looked at them when he came in and said they were better then anything they carried.

Well I need to head to bed. It's horrible being so exhausted by 10pm.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  8:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Mel...Adorable picture. Hubby looks like the guy from Chicago Fire!!! Lucky Girl! And You are Beautiful!
Lucky Him.

Joyce...what a little cutie pie she is. Love the Red Hair (I use to be a red head...many moons ago). How was
the performance?

Teacher Tammy...Oh, don't give up on those Sr. Pictures because we want to see. Sounds like you are having
some really good snow days there. Do you have to make them up at the end of the year or do they plan in advance
for some many? I know each State is different. ~ Oh, I felt so badly about your Bible Study Teacher ordering
the wrong books...but it looks like you might now have Bible Study for awhile either because of the weather.

Luanne...I love That Cherry Bowl and will keep my eyes open for you. I would want to replace it too. It is so
charming.

Well, I just had a major fiasco with my Red Recliner (my chair in the living room)...well back in Nov. I noticed
that the leather was peeling off the headrest and one place on the seat. It looked like a cat scratched it right
off...but I don't own a cat and my Scotty Dog is too short to jump up on the furniture. Well, at the time we
were having lots of rain and I was have Fibro Flares right and left and then the Holidays all Snowballed on me...
so I just didn't feel up to dealing with it. So two weeks ago...I finally got up one morning and said, OK...this
is the day. So, I called the Company...it's a Portland Company...they asked me to text pictures to them and so I
did. The guy I bought it from no longer worked there...so the Manager took over the problem for me. Long story
short he would make good on the chair but they no longer carried that chair. Last week he was in Vegas for a Furniture
buying trip and he spoke to the Manwah Sales Person and they wouldn't sell him just one Recliner to replace mine
...he would have had to buy a lot of them...and he didn't want to carry them any more. I can understand why. So, my
hubby and I went in last week and I picked out a recliner I liked...it's and Ashely but it is dark burgundy...the
closest thing to red I could find. It was more than the original chair but the Manager was OK with that...he just
wanted me to be Happy. So, yesterday they delivered it and hauled the old one away. After my sweet grandson left I
was ready for a nap in my new recliner (it almost lays flat) when reclined. I ripped off the tags that were on it
and then I thought I would take a picture of it before I crashed in it. I sat down on my sofa footstool and as I focused
my camera...I notice one of the wooden feet is bent inward under the chair and that there is a tuft of cotton sticking
out above that foot. When I got down and inspected it closer their was a 2 inch rip in the leather. I almost started
crying...I couldn't believe it. Some times I think if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all. LOL
No, I don't believe in luck. One of the cool things about the manager at this store is that about our third email
he asked me if I was a Believer...I said Why, yes I am! Are You? And he said he was too. So we had that awesome connection
through all of this. So, when I called yesterday...He said, No problem...I have another one in the Warehouse I will send
it out for you on Thurs. So, I am praying this one comes with no issues...and I can just be done with it already.

OK...I guess I better go check the rest of my emails and FB.

Judy...I am so glad that God worked out your Birthday So Beautifully. He is so Awesome isn't He? He knew just what you
and Patsy needed...each Other!

Sweet Dreams Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  9:00:47 PM  Show Profile
Sorry about your recliner, Peg.......but so glad the manager is so accommodating.

You made me smile....thank you for the compliments on the pic but that is not my hubby although he looks so much like him....it's my youngest son, Kirk and I wish I looked like my granddaughter, Sarah (my eldest sons' daughter). She truly is a beauty. Her dad died when she was 9 years old. This was her second time visiting since we found her on Facebook a couple of years ago. Her visit was a Christmas gift from Kirk! She lives in New York state and attends college in Utica.

PG Tammy....sorry to hear you are under the weather! Seems everyone is having a heck of a time with this crazy weather! Hope the meds ease Oreo's discomfort.

Hope you are feeling better Shannon!

Sending prayers and healing thoughts to everyone! :)

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  9:27:50 PM  Show Profile
OK Mel...now I feel stupid...as I remember that you showed us pictures awhile back.
So, girls my suggestion to you All is post names with your pictures...so us OLD People
don't get any more confused than we all ready are. LOL

So, Kirk your son...looks like the guy from Chicago Fire and Your Grand-daughter is Beautiful!
OK...I'm slinking away to read a book...where I can't make an idiot of myself any more tonight.

Geesh!!!

Hugs and Smiles (at myself),
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 05 2015 05:29:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  05:14:03 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - got your tea package last night - thank you so much! I loved the cards and the charms, and can't wait to try the tea. It's been busy around here - moved my Mama here to PA with me for the rest of the winter, so it is an adjustment in my little apartment, but we are doing good so far. She's a little bored, so I've set her to cleaning out my kitchen cupboards. Found things so far I didn't even remember having!

Cold and snowy again - can't wait for spring.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  07:59:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh sweet Peggy....you are not stupid nor an idiot! Others have made such mistakes.......no doubt I have made so many! Smile and hold your head high....you are a bright, intelligent, kind and caring beauty....no slinking.....just a bit of laughter for a goofy misnomer! LOL :)

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  08:20:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy! How sad that your recliner TWICE has had issues! But how neat that he was able to see that you were a believer through all this :) Christ's light is truly shining through you - so beautiful!! My daughter's hair is more of a dark blonde - but I do know that in certain light it does take on a slight reddish sheen, so so that must have been what happened in this picture.

Tammy - I do hope your Oreo is feeling comfortable. What kind of dog is she? I'm with you on the feeling of the gray weather. I think it's a combination of things for me - I'm doing some studies in piano to help me teach advanced students (I'll be done in June!) and that combined with three young kids and homeschooling and teaching one day (even though it's only one day, 12:30-9p with 15 min supper break) and we are renovating the house! I think the renovating is what makes me so drained the most. Our whole house is upside down and dirty...not something I can handle in the best of times really :) :) BUT, my hubby did most of it himself - the only thing he hasn't done is the carpet - which is coming tomorrow! Then it's just putting new baseboards up and putting in pantry shelving. Then it will be DONE!! Well...besides upstairs painting in two bedrooms, and new carpet in three bedrooms - but that's easy compared to the rest. When he brought the jackhammer in the house to blow out the tile, my heart seriously plummeted. But, now it's all covered in nice hard wood flooring. I also have a parlour - our my "fancy" room as the kids call it - but that will be done next year, or the year after, along with the bedrooms.

I better get started with the kids' school - have a great day everyone!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  09:20:16 AM  Show Profile
Mel...thanks, I feel a little better. My husband says I do that sort of thing all the time with my Fibro Fog
Brain....so, I just have to laugh at myself and move on.

Joyce...I meant to tell you that my Step-daughter Jenn teaches Piano Lessons too. She has gone back and forth
having her studio in her home or at a music store. She had a bad experience at the most reputable Music Store
she rented space from...after she had been there about a year...they let another Piano Teacher Rent Space too,
and after about 6 months he started stealing her students. So, she went back to doing it in her home.

Sounds like your home is Topsy-turvie right now and I can really feel for you. This time last year they had to
renovate my kitchen because I discovered black mold showing through the paint in my kitchen. Well, it was a
blessing in disguise because I got a whole new Kitchen and new appliances out of it and new cupboards. But for
a month my kitchen, dining room and living room was a complete disaster and layers of gritty dust everywhere. I
was so happy to have it over with and all behind me. I love how God works though...because when we moved into
this Apt. 2 1/2 years ago...I liked everything about it but the kitchen...it was so outdated. So, I was never
so happy to discover a mold issue in my life. LOL My neighbor came over and looked at it several times during
the process...and he said he wished they would renovate all the units and update them. I said to him, "Would
you like to borrow some mold?" We had a good laugh over that.

Ok...new Recliner should be here soon and again I will be happy when this is behind me too. I don't know if
it is my Fibro or my age or both but I just don't like having to plan my day around appointments. I guess I
should say, that I like to live my days carefree and going and doing what I want when I want. And IF I don't
want...that's good too. LOL My husband and I have our little retirement routine and I'm quite comfortable with
it.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! Enjoy doing whatever you do!!!
I teach Bible Study tonight and I am looking forward to being with my Girls. There are 15 of us and we so enjoy
being in The Word together and we also have lots of laughs and giggles. And let's face it..."Girlfriends" just
make any day better. Whether it's My Porchies or My Papa's Girls...Girl Pals Rock!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  07:11:31 AM  Show Profile
Morning everybody. I work today so thought I'd jump on early and say hello. Weather today is 15'F and grey again.

I need prayer (again). My full time is becoming unstable. They actually gave us yesterday off due to low work load and we could use PTO or they authorized non-paid time off for those that didn't have any time on the books. It's been ongoing for nearly a month of almost no work in the queues so they've had us working other specialties but now they're empty too. I'm worried about being laid off or fired. They WAY over hired to deal with the backlog and for some reason turned all the temps into permanent so now we're dealing with too many people and not enough work. I'd mentioned to M* months ago I was concerned about how many they kept hiring. They fired 5 in December from our location, my neighbor's daughter who also worked for them was 1 of 7 fired at her FL location right before Christmas and it seems like about every week or 2 another "remove X from your emails" message comes out which means someones been terminated. I really feel it's unethical that companies invent reasons to fire people instead of laying them off. Please keep me in prayer as I'm not sure if I should try to ride it out or try to find another job. The possibility of losing my job is causing me a lot of anxiety. My concern is jobs takes a long time here to get. UTC where M* works is hiring but I'm not sure I want a factory job. It would pay $2+ more an hour then I'm making now and has benefits. I'd probably be working nights with M* so our schedules would match. It's four 10 hour days plus overtime. I know I could get full time at Walmart but that's not the best career move I don't think. The state hospital is hiring but I'm just not comfortable working with mentally ill people again. I really like my job so it's frustrating and I LOVE working from home.

M*'s aware now of my concerns regarding the job situation so he decided yesterday since I had a free day off that we'd have a date day. It was an enjoyable day and got my mind off the job issue. We went out for breakfast/brunch when he got up. The RV & Outdoor Show started yesterday so we went over to that after breakfast only to find out that it didn't start until 4pm. Dropped off some cat food at the vet's office for the rescue. Then we went to an estate sale. It was a bachelor pad and filled with junk, nice junk but junk. Then we went thrift storing. M* scored 7 books, mostly Stephen King, at Salvation Army for less than $2 for all of them. We came back to the house and let the dogs out then went back to the RV show. They only had 10 campers there and they were all large units so it was a bit disappointing. They never have very many campers but I'd hoped they have some smaller units. M* really liked 2 of them but I really don't want to take on a payment. My plan was to get a used cheap one for cash. I was thinking of getting one around 19" and he was looking at 26". We'll have to go to some RV sales places and look once the weather gets warmer. We looked at the boats too.

They also had tables set up for people to vendor out of during the RV show. I picked up 2 more hair clasps from Lilla Rose. I love their hair accessories. Then there was a woman selling a slush mix that you mix with wine and water and freeze. OMG was it good. I grabbed a bag of that LOL. One of the meat markets was there with sausages so we snacked on several varieties of sausage samples and had brats for supper. I also signed up for a class tomorrow to get my concealed gun permit! I'm so excited. I've been wanting one. If I signed up and took it this weekend it saved me $30. I did my fingerprints and picture yesterday. I just need to finish some of the paperwork to take with me to class tomorrow and it takes about 4 hours for the class and open book test. Once I get that I'll finally be able to get a handgun!

Peggy must be the week for chairs. M* went out and bought a new one this week too. He got an oversized recliner. Fortunately nothing appears wrong with his. It was a discontinued model so hopefully nothing does go wrong with it lol.

Well I need to get motivated and get ready for work. I need to decide if I'm packing my lunch or buying it there. Decisions, decisions and I haven't even had my tea yet LOL. Hope everybody has a wonderful day!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  11:41:04 AM  Show Profile
OK, My Porchies...

Hello!!!! Anyone out there besides Tammy/P.Gypsy and me????

Everyone got real gabby and then boom...*Silence*...Did you talk yourselves
out??? LOL I find that hard to do. I can always TALK...If I'm quiet, you
know I am busy or my computer is down...one or the other. LOL

Prairie Tammy...I will pray about your job situation. I think you should stick it out
with your good job and not jump the gun just because you are nervous about getting let go.
YOU JUST MIGHT NOT!!!! ~ Also, your Date Day with Matt sounded like a fun day!!!
I went to my Favorite Antique Mall the other day and had so much fun buying Vintage Valentine
gifts for 3 friends of mine.

Luanne...I looked for your Bowl and No such luck. But I will keep looking for you.

I have been working on Valentine Cards for Friends and Family...hope to finish
up today. The weather is lousy and I'm in pain...so thought I would snuggle in
with my coffee, cards, PJ's and two episodes of Downton Abby that I need to catch
up on and several books I'm reading. ~ OK, for those who like to know what I'm
reading I just finished all 13 books in the Paranormal Mysteries and they were
soooooooooooo good. They are called the Mary O'Reilly Mysteries. Just so you know
this is about a Chicago Cop (Mary) and she threw herself in front of her Brother
Sean who is also a cop...she took the bullet intended for him. She died! When she
get's to Heaven (The Light) she is told that God has a job for her to do back on Earth
and she must go back. So, she goes back to discover that she now see's dead people and
her job is to help them solve their own murders...so that they can move on to The Light.
She ends up quitting the Chicago Police Dept. (too many dead people in Chicago...
and it over-whelms her) and she moves to a small Town and sets up her own Investigation
Practice. OK...that is ALL I'm going to tell you but I highly recommend them. The
stories are done so well and I seriously wish there were more of them. If you have
a Kindle or Kindle App. you can read these Free if you have Kindle Unlimited. If you
don't they are only $3.99 each to buy for Kindle. ~ Then I am reading a book called
The Mystery of the Shemitah by Rabbi Jonathan Cahn. I don't recommend this book unless
you have first read The Harbinger by him. These books are all about America's and The
Worlds Future (Spiritually Speaking). These two books are Not for The Faint-Hearted.
They are a deep Spiritual Study...but are very good. Being a Student of The Word...and
a Bible Teacher...I highly recommend them. ~ The next book is called Fighting Back with
Joy
by Bible Study Teacher Margaret Feinberg...it is her story of fighting Breast Cancer,
which she is battling right now and she is only in her 30's.
And for pleasure reading I am now reading a Sci-Fi Fiction called Gaia's Secret by Barbara Kloss.
As I recall we don't have very many Sci-Fi fans on The Porch but I'm just putting it out there.
And for all you Cat Lovers on The Porch (which I am not one because I am allergic to them) I am
reading a book highly recommended to me by a Friend who loves cats but says everyone will love
this Inspirational Book about a blind cat (no eyeballs...sewn shut by a Vet) but adopted by a cat
lover and it is about how this Cat changed her perspective on Life. It is called Homers Odyssey
(True Story) by Gwen Cooper. Also, I just found out that there is a relatively new book out (since
November) called Pioneer Girl the autobiography of Laura Ingalls Wilder (Little House Books)...it
is $25.00 on Amazon but they are sold out...you can advance order and it will be shipped to you
when they come back in stock. This is a hard copy book only. I loved her books...so will probably
order this when it comes in. *OK, Inquiring Minds* Now you know what I'm reading...so what can you
recommend?

I got my new chair (3rd times a charm) and I love it!!! So much more comfortable than my Manwah Recliner
but I do miss my pretty Red Recliner it fit into my Living Room colors better but oh, well...such is
life. This one is a deep burgundy red leather. It has a slight (and I do mean Oh, so slight) of a blemish
in the Leather but not worth fussing about. I have discovered that you can buy Leather Repair Kits for
very reasonable pricing...so, if this blemish gets worse with wear...I will just fix it myself. I don't
want to try the Patience of this nice Christian brother at the Furniture Store...as he benr over backwards
to please me.

Well, my coffee cup is empty and all these Valentine Cards are just laying here waiting to be made out. So,
hubby and dog went back to bed and I guess...I better get busy.

Have a Snuggly Saturday Girls!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 07 2015 11:52:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  12:35:28 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
hope you are having a great day. Today the weather is beautiful and the snow is melting. Yes after this past week of dealing with cold and 10 inches of snow spring can not come too soon

Peggy we have so many snow days worked into our calendar. As of now we have used three. I think they plan for six. So we shall see. I did make it to bible study this past week and it was very good. We are getting back on track. So glad about your chair.

well dryer just went off. Talk to yall later
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  5:02:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, I've been busy trying to purchase a new property for us. (reminder....the land in our area is being developed and we want out)

I'm also still suffering with my knee. I think I really injured it. I've been wearing a brace and can put weight on it and walk with relatively little pain. But, I cannot bend my knee. There's pain but more than that I actually can't bend it. It's like nothing is there to move it. So, I've probably completely torn a ligament, either the ACL or the meniscus. I'll be seeing the doc on Tues.

I hope all y'all have a great Monday tomorrow.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  6:28:01 PM  Show Profile
Tammy (Prairie Gypsy) - I'll be praying for you and your work situation! That would be very difficult. It was fun to read about your date and I have one Lila Rose clip and love it! It was neat to see you wear them too.

PeggyAnn - I didn't know what to say lol! It was so quiet and I just didn't know what to say as my life is pretty boring :) We did get carpet though on Friday, so that was exciting. I stayed up late spring cleaning the room from top to bottom, and as we brought in furniture I cleaned it all as well, so it feels and smells clean in here - it's lovely :) Glad to hear your chair is working out...and how fun! Valentine's cards :) So sweet for those special people that will be on the receiving end!

Catherine - I'm so sad that you are in so much pain :( I'll keep praying for you. Hope that the new property is working out for you!! Looking forward to updates.

This morning we went to a traditional Mennonite church for services, and I was just so thrilled to be there and so happy to get fed. It's about an hour to get there, so we don't go often - but we always are so fed with the word when we live. I wish we lived closer. After we went to our friends for lunch. We always enjoy our time with them as well.

I'm going to get my kids to bed - but wanted to quickly stop and say hi to everyone :) Hope you have a wonderful Monday!! My busy teaching day :s

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  6:30:20 PM  Show Profile
Catherine...oh, that knee sounds painful. It sounds more like your cartilage is gone...if you can't
bend it. That sounds like Knee-replacement surgery to me. I will be praying for you. Be sure and let
us know what the Dr. says on Tuesday. And prayers on locating and purchasing new property too.

Teacher Tammy...well hopefully you won't have to go past your 6 snow days. If our kids got off for
rain in this area...they would never have to go to School. LOL Glad to hear that you are back at
Bible Study and all is going well there. It is always so much fun to have a group of Christian Women
to be in The Word with and fellowship with. Last week we had only one lesson (I usually do two per week)
but it was Birthday Celebration Night too. We had 5 girls with birthdays. We laughed so much and had
such a good time. And my youngest DIL brought my little grandson Elijah that night too as my son was
trying to negotiate a new SUV. Elijah sat up on my lap while I taught and he would act like he was reading
the Study book. He had all the ladies wrapped around his little finger. He was so adorable.

Today we went out to breakfast, and went to Target and Costco (the kids and I)...but not much else.
Hubby is still sick and didn't want to be coughing in Church all morning. I should have gone with out him
but didn't. Shame on me! When I go by myself I feel LOST in a sea of people as we attend a Mega Church.
It is much different if you are in a small or even medium size congregation...then you know lots of people
and you always have friends to sit with. But not so in a Church of Thousands. Even if I don't go I still
have time with The Lord one on one....and then my husband and I do communion together here on Sundays
we don't make it to Services. Those are special times too.

Hi Joyce...you and I were posting at the same time...so I just popped back on here to say HI! Sounds like you had a lovely Sonday with going to the Mennonite Church and then to your friends home for lunch.

Well that about wraps up my day...hope you ALL had a good SONDAY!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 08 2015 6:38:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  5:19:31 PM  Show Profile
I showed up at the doctor's office this morning and dang it, I got my days mixed up. Appt is tomorrow.

Thanks for the prayers. Y'all are awesome!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  07:55:59 AM  Show Profile
Praying Catherine!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  08:54:47 AM  Show Profile
Catherine Keep Us Posted...prayers for this being anything but knee surgery.

Boy, it is quiet on the Porch again. Does anyone have any fun planned for Valentines
Day Weekend? I sent out a lot of Valentines Cards...something I always enjoy doing.
I bought hubby his favorite Chocolate Turtles both Cashew and Pecan in one Valentine
Heart. Also bought youngest son and family a Tin of 3 kinds of Dove Chocolate Hearts.
And the grandson and "I Love You" Book and The Grand-daughters some coloring and crafting
and reading books.
Hubby and I have nothing planned but he has been so sweet and taken me to dinner every
night this week to all our favorite places. So, though I am getting sick of eating out
(shhh...don't tell him *giggle*) he realizes this has been a hard Fibro week for me and
is trying to help me out. Valentine's Day youngest son is taking his sweet wife out to
a Special Dinner...so, I get Grandson time. That makes my Valentine's Day just Perfect!!!

What is a favorite Valentine's Memory you have (you can even go back to childhood)? Mine
has always been when I was in 5th grade and a boy I liked bought me my first real drug store
adult Valentine Card. He probably wouldn't even remember it all these years later...but I
sure do!! LOL

Ok...girlies, come on join in some Romantic Memories here. Catherine, Joyce and I are tired
of talking to ourselves. Hee Hee!

Hugs, Hearts and Happiness,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  09:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Nothing new here in Northeast PA - just cold, snow and more snow. We were going out for dinner for Valentine's Day and to a wine and chocolate tasting, but we are supposed to get snow again, so it may be postponed until the weather gets better. Other than that, we are moving into our new offices this week, so that's exciting, but a mess at the same time.

Hope everyone else is doing OK!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  12:06:28 PM  Show Profile
Back from the doc. It's a torn meniscus (cartilage). Doc feels like I've been doing good home remedies so, he's not prescribing anything else including no surgery!! However, he did say that in months to come that I may need a scope to remove any tissue that is 'squished' out or totally torn off. But, hey, that's still good news!

So, I'm hobbling around with a hinged brace and trying not to do too much. But, with goats to milk, farm chores, house chores, and a family to cook for, that ain't easy.

Yesterday, my son-in-law was off and we went fishing. It was so nice to just sit on the bank and watch a bobber all afternoon. Didn't catch anything, well, actually I caught a couple of zzzz's when I took a nap in the cool breeze.

I hope everyone is having a spectacular Wed.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  1:00:57 PM  Show Profile
That is great news Catherine on your knee!!! Answered Prayer for sure.
I just got back from my walk...and my left knee started paining me right off...
felt like muscle or tendon pain (so most likely my Fibro) but I was going
to turn around and go home but my Scotty Snickers decided we weren't going home.
They can be very stubborn little dogs...but he weighs 22 lbs so I wasn't going
to pick him up and carry him home. LOL So, we walked not as briskly as I
usually do and before I knew it the pain went away and I was able to speed up
a bit. So, I was glad he was a bit stubborn and we made it the whole mile.
But it reminded me to pray for you again Catherine. LOL Not because you're stubborn
but because of my knee pain. LOL

Anybody else have the feeling that Sabrina may have had the baby
early??? Guess what Tea Bag Ladies...it cost me less to send the
Tea Pkg to Sabrina in Germany than to mail the U.S. pkgs.
Now, there is something wrong with that picture don't you think?

OK...off to check facebook.

Hugs and more Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 11 2015 1:08:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page