Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  1:03:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy! Love that bit of color! You GO, brave woman!
I received your beautiful tea package in today's mail! Wow! Such treats! I won't say what is in it yet since I don't see other comments on it yet...but, the whole thing is just sooooo sweeeeet!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I have to take my fibro-nap now. I feel like laying one of those teas next to my nose while I sleep! Delicious smells...can't wait to taste..but you know when the old fibro nap calls....crash...

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  4:08:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judith...glad you got your Tea Package. Thanks for letting me know.
And Yes, My Fibro is calling me to nap for awhile too. LOL
I love the Color in My Hair. People either love it or hate it when they see
it. They either tell me how much they love it or they don't say a thing...
which speaks volumes. LOL But I did it for me...just needed a little FUN
to energize my spirit. (+:

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  9:15:26 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann, you are brave! You do some crazy things girlie! Sorry, I'm NOT that brave. hahaha
I got my envelope today. Thank you! Was thrilled with the tuck-ins. When you said the other day that the
'tucks' for us finally came in, I thought, "She's giving us Tucks? Why? My hemorrhoids are fine,
thank you. rofl
My sis is here... that's why I've been mia. I've been reading and keeping up just not writing. She's here until the 3rd. Glad to have her. She came here on the 27th. We have been doing a lot of nothing... and enjoying every second of it. It's been so cold out. We've been trying to stay warm and trying to keep up with the ice and snow outside. Dave likes it that he has 2 snow shovel's here now, me and Patsy. Lola
We made lasagna in the crockpot today. No more doing it the old fashion way for us anymore. We're sold on this new way. Yummy!
Well, bedtime for us. Night-nite.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  9:52:07 PM  Show Profile
Judy...you crack me up girl!!! I was ROFLOL when I read your "Tucks" comment. I am so glad to
know that your hemorrhoids are doing just fine. In MJF slang...which I figured you knew...
"Tucks" are extra little goodies you include in addition to what ever you are swapping.
You probably figured...gee, what is she complaining about on the postage, $3.13 to mail
tea and a whole jar of Tucks sounds pretty reasonable to me. LOL You made my Night Girlie!
Laughter is such good medicine.

I don't know about being Brave...but I am adventuresome. I hate feeling like LIFE is a rut
sometimes...so, when I feel like that I just have to do something FUN and Crazy! It puts
Pazzazz and Glitter in ones life.

My son, dil and grandson and I are going to Breakfast tomorrow and then To Bob's Red Mill Store.
We have wanted to do that for awhile but just getting around to it, finally. I am so looking
forward to our little outing...after being cooped up in this Apt. for 3 weeks.

Well, you and your sissy give each other a hug from me. And try to stay out of trouble while she
is visiting...but do something FUN besides shoveling the SNOW!! LOL

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2015 :  05:26:28 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I thought the same thing about the 'tucks'!! So funny! And, lasagna in the crock pot, YES! I haven't done the oven method in years.

I fix crock pot meals about 4 nights out of the week. It makes it easy to feed 6 people at different times. Everyone is on different schedules and they're able to eat a hot meal no matter what time they arrive home.

Happy Saturday, gals!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1407 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1407 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2015 :  08:55:14 AM  Show Profile
Hmmmm....I can't say I actually ever thought of "tucks" in that respect :) But thanks for the laugh gals!!

I must try this lasagna in a crock pot thing!! Anyone have a recipe they would like to share with me? I never even thought to do it that way.

Today is going to be a fun day for us! My husband got hit three months ago in our vehicle - we don't have collision, so we're waiting for the other insurance company (out of province) to settle the claim so we can get our vehicle fixed...it's our family vehicle, and it's been a bit tough as we can't drive it, and we've had to use my little collector volvo to do things, and it's not exactly reliable so we haven't been going very far. Anyway, our family vehicle is a SUV, and today we are going to look at a VAN!! I'm a little nervous as I'm not sure I'm "ready" for a van, but I AM ready to have more room and for the kids to be able to buckle themselves because they aren't so squished! I hope that it works out for us.

Tonight my daughter is going to dance her first Scottish Highland Dance performance - I can't wait to put that little uniform on her :) She started in December.

And Peggy - I was thrilled to see a picture of you - you are beautiful and just what I had in mind that you looked like :) One of these days when we are down in Washington I'm going to convince my hubby that we need to go to Vancouver so I can meet you in person :) You seem like just the person I would love to sit and have tea with :) Happy Saturday everyone!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2015 :  10:07:32 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the comments gals! Ya, I AM nuts like that! Just ask Peg! hahahaha
The recipe we used for lasagna was from allrecipes.com and it was our first time doing it and that's the one we will stick with. Just type in slow cooker lasagna and look for the one from KIMIRN with 500+ reviews. It was the simplest and very yummy. We did some different cheeses and I added a half jar of Mediterranean bruschetta...just because it was time to use it up. I also added some of my homemade pesto for flavor.You can tweak it however you want. It's very forgiving. The only thing you do separate is to brown the burger and onions. We had lean beef so there was no draining it at all. Try it...it was great!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2015 :  11:21:24 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the wonderful tea package Peggy, I'm enjoying a cup right now. I LOVE your hair. I need to get out of life's rut right now maybe.... Hubby would kill me if I did LOL!!

It's been tough going here lately. I somehow messed up my back. So the routine has been morning milking, lay on the heating pad, a little house work, lay on the heating pad, evening milking, lay on the heating pad, try not to wake up hubby when he's sleeping and I'm not.... you get the picture. Slowly but surely it's getting better. I can stand and lay down but sitting is still difficult. Something is messing with my sciatic nerve because the pain keeps going down my right leg. If it's like last time I should be able to sit comfortably in about 2 more days. We'll see.

Something's been going through the cat herd :( I lost my littlest kitten (the one with some white on it it previous photos), along with a few other cats that were born last spring and summer. The older cats seem to be ok. A couple seemed like it might have been pneumonia, but a couple seemed to be poisoned. It was weird and medication didn't help.

We're under a winter storm warning for tonight thru Monday morning. Our area is supposed to get 6-10 inches. Is it going to reach you Judy? The weather radio doesn't cover much east of here. I'm excited for it. We're drying up a lot of cows so milking doesn't take so long right now. (15 of the 40 are not milking right now) Maybe I'll get to have a hot cocoa and movie day with my niece and nephew on Monday. We haven't done that yet this winter.

Well, I need to get some laundry done. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Hugs to all.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  12:02:54 AM  Show Profile

HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY TO OUR SPECIAL SWEETHEART OF A PORCHIE...JUDY!!!!!

Now Please blow out those candles before you start The Porch on Fire!!! LOL

AND PLEASE MAKE THE GROUNDHOG COOPERATE SINCE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY...WE WOULD ALL REALLY APPRECIATE LESS WINTER AND EARLY SPRING. LOL

HOPE YOUR DAY IS AS WONDERFUL AS YOU ARE

From ALL your PORCH BUDS!!!!

LOVE YOU GIRLFRIEND,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 02 2015 12:19:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  04:58:34 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Happy Birthday, Judy! Have a fun day.

Now, Peggy, that's not fair....that cake looks like it has way more than 60 candles!

It's gonna be a pretty day and perfect weather for some gardening chores. But, I'm trying to heal up a knee injury and will be on the sofa. Back in Dec, I was replacing part of a roof on one of my rent houses and twisted my knee while walking on the roof. It wasn't that bad of an injury but it's been hurting off and on. Well, this past Sat, hubby and I were cutting down some trees and limbs. Stupid me was standing too close and a huge limb fell on top of me. Now my knee is really injured. From the pain and symptoms, I've determined it's a torn MCL. No need to spend money seeing a doctor and getting x-rays. The only thing to do is to stay off my leg. UGH! I am not good at sitting on the sofa.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  05:58:50 AM  Show Profile
Shannon-yes, that is pretty much what mine says but I did end up writing quite a bit more. I have a section that was basically just for my doula with ideas of what she might try and things to definitely NOT try (I don't like being touched, very picky about music etc).

Peggy-a birth plan is a short (theoretically) document that lets everyone attending your birth know what you want. People usually write them early enough to discuss and go over them with their doctor and then pass them out at the hospital to anyone involved. It says things like if you want to be offered medication or not, if you are willing to do an induction or not (outside of medical necessity), if you are OK with your water being broken or an episiotomy etc. It also usually has some instructions about newborn procedures like if you want them to take baby to the nursery, how baby is to be fed, if you want them to wait to do weights etc. Since I'm planning a homebirth its not as big of a deal since I know my midwives already do or don't do the things I have on their as their standard procedures but its good to have so everyone is on the same page and also in case of a transfer to the hospital the staff can know what is most important to you and try to preserve that if possible. I am a doula and I've had 3 babies so I'm very aware of what I want and what I don't want at this point. Also, I'm picky. Love the hair too!!!

Tammy-that blanket actually looks quite similar to the one I'm making mine is in the round (square) as well! :)

Going to finish catching up on the next page then will give more update....:)

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  06:08:42 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Judy! AND I remembered it is Groundhog's Day. So proud of myself this morning ;)

Peggy - received your wonderful tea swap package. My oh my, how lovely!!!! Thank you so much. As for your hair - some people can pull it off, and some cannot. You definitely seem like a person that can! Me - well besides my hubby ringing my neck, I think I would end up so self-conscious that it would defeat the purpose, lol. My extra "pizazz" is usually getting my hair cut, which happens once every two years or so, lol. Yup - a boring momma of little ones, here!

Judy - OH MY GOODNESS!!!! You had me cracking up about the tucks!!!! So glad to know your hemorrhoids are doing well ;) Praising God that you and Patsy were able to spend some time together again (Hi Patsy!!!).

Joyce - How did the search for a van go? Hoping the insurance squares away the payment soon!!! How did your daughter's dance performance go? Would LOVE some pictures (hint, hint)

Heather - how is your back? Praying it is better! How will you determine what is going on with the cats? Will you take any in to get tested? It has to be heartbreaking to see that happen!

Catherine - I'm so sorry to hear about your knee!!!!! Sounds like you have experienced a torn MCL before! Those HURT!!! Praying for a quick recovery!!! You must lay on the couch, with your windows open if it nice out, and RELAX.... nurse's orders (even if I am inactive, lol)

This weekend was pretty busy for us. We planted more seeds in the garden on Friday (carrots, swiss chard, radishes, lettuces, and spinach) and my parents came for a visit. We only see them a couple times a year, max, so we did a lot of talking and catching up into late Friday night. Then Saturday morning they left :( They never stay very long, but we treasure the time they are here. The kids adore their grandparents, especially my dad. He is quick tempered, but loves to play with the kids! Saturday afternoon we planted our first set of potatoes. I've never grown potatoes, so we will see how it goes! Yesterday we stayed home from church - my youngest two are either fighting a long lived stomach bug or a really bad food allergy that we cannot put our finger on. Their poor little bums were raw from their diapers! It looks a lot like when my oldest son use to get gluten, but we haven't had gluten in the house for six years! So yesterday we started some of our indoor seeds. I am HORRIBLE at getting seeds started indoors to germinate and live, so we will see! I also finished a couple crafts that needed to et done so I can mail them out for swaps. Today is a normal Monday... school, therapy (physical for Aly and Speech for Sammi), and then grocery shopping.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  06:12:49 AM  Show Profile
Happy birthday Judy!!

So sorry to hear about your cats Heather, and your back. I hope no more cats get sick and you heal quickly!

I am doing well. Will be 37 weeks on wednesday! I saw the midwife today and everything looks good. I had tons of questions for her since I translated all the paperwork since my last appointment and sometimes google translate doesn't get it quite right but she was quite patient explaining it all to me! LOL She also went over what supplies she wants us to have on hand and I have almost everything already plus some lol. And she gave me the supply bag from them to bring home. She also gave me a bill-that was much less exciting! LOL I am definitely hitting the uncomfortable stage, I can't sit in one position for long. Can't eat much because it gives me indigestion. But its all part of it and I know I'll be fine when baby decides to join us on this side so its worth it.

Went to the baby store after my appointment and found some adorable booties and mittens and also got baby a hat. We went ahead and picked up a few gender neutral clothes for the first few days. I have a lot of clothes left from my other kids but its nice to have a few new things, plus onsies don't really survive very well.

It decided to be winter here in Germany in the last week or so. A friend and I make all our appointments together so she can drive because I'm not comfortable driving to the city it is in. So I drive to her house and she drives my car to our appointment. Well this morning it was snowing pretty hard and the roads getting to her house were a bit iffy, definitely pushed my comfort level a bit!

We got out dryer fixed today...crazy thing. For a month or so its been taking FOREVER to get clothes dry, like 3 hours per load. So we finally got around to calling to have it looked at, they came over and found that the place where the vent goes the kids had filled with rocks and a bunch of baby wipes. Ugh go figure. So all this time it was a simple fix but also good grief I'm going to have to make a habit of checking that vent space!!! (The dryer is in the basement the vent goes through a basement window which has a cubby hole sort of space around it that is what they filled up.)

I broke down and bought a bunch of diapers because I don't know if I'll get around to making any at this point. Maybe one or two or maybe I'll just make some bigger sizes down the road. I still want to but I'm just not motivated anymore. I have a bunch of other stuff still on my list but I'm just too tired to do it! But at least I am finally starting to feel ready for baby. Just a few more things to find/fix or pick up and I'm set. I told hubby I think I'm going to go ahead and slow down on my outside activities now. Its just getting so exhausting to go anywhere at all. I'm going to take it easy the next few weeks and conserve my energy for labor!

Oh I'm doing a baby guessing game here if y'all want to do it, you don't have to register or anything I don't think just fill in your guesses, its pretty fun, maybe put MJF in the "who I am" section so I know who did it :) (lots of people with the same name). I'll update it after baby to see how "wins."

Now I'm about to go make some hot chocolate, turn on parenthood and work on my baby blanket.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  06:14:56 AM  Show Profile
Oops forgot the link to the guessing game: http://www.expectnet.com/games/ScheererBabyFour

You get to guess gender, birthday, weight and height and I put my other kids' stats so you can use those if you think it helps :).

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  06:15:37 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - I have SOOOOOO wanted a doula for my births!!! Twice now, my doula has backed out on me :( You would think I would have learned after the first time! The first time was because she had just miscarried. The second time was because she was pregnant. Just bad timing I guess. I have been trying to coach my hubby on what I need this time around.... hopefully it will go well! Last time I was able to have my VBA2C, so that was FANTASTIC!!!! And they respected all my wishes. But I did start to ping a little towards the end, and really needed the extra encouragement, so that is what I've been telling my hubby.

I think birth plans are fantastic - it gives everyone an idea of what you want beforehand, so that you don't have to redirect anyone or stop anyone later!!! We have had a couple times where our wishes were not respected, so my hubby and I have become more particular and "blunt." After my first c-section, they actually gave Sammi a bottle of sugar water and then a pacifier, both of which were against our birth plan and neither medically necessary. It was actually after her birth that we really started being more assertive!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1407 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1407 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  10:25:10 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Judy!!!

Oh Catherine! That sounds terrible :( I'll be praying for you!!

Shannon - WE GOT A VAN!!!! I'm SO excited...who knew I'd be so happy, considering I love my SUV so much :) I told my husband we HAVE to go for a long drive tomorrow so we can just go in it!! We got a 2007 Honda Odyssey - it's black, and it's so nice :) I'm just thrilled and I feel so spoiled!! Pictures - yes!! I will :) They are on my camera (I don't have a cell phone - I know, I'm quite old-school for someone who's suppose to be on the "younger" side!) so I have to do it the old-fashioned way, so I'll download all my pics tomorrow and then post :) I'm sorry to hear that your kiddos are sick :( I hope and pray it will go away quickly. We moved from the province where potatoes are grown, and I LOVE growing potatoes! They are so rewarding - and delicious :) I hope they turn out for you. I need to get started on thinking of my garden! Things are just so busy with the reno's, that I didn't really think about it yet.

Sabrina - I placed my guess! I guess that your baby is going to be born on my birthday...and the exact same time that I was born...haha! :D I can't wait to hear about when your precious bundle is born :)

Today was a typical Monday for me - I teach piano from 1:30-9pm (I get a 15 min supper break), and my in-laws visited for two nights, so they left this morning before homeschool started. I just finished typing out all my lesson assignments for my students, and of course had to check the porch before heading out to bed :) Blessings to you all!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  3:19:02 PM  Show Profile
I GOT MY VERY FIRST TEA SWAP PACKAGE!! I've been checking for days after seeing others say they had received theirs.

THANK YOU PEGGY!!! I love everything. It's so nice to be connected this way.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  6:11:10 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much girls for all the wonderful Birthday wishes. I felt all the love and warm fuzzies.
My day started at 9:04 when my Mama's sweet half sister called me and sang to me. She sounded so much like my 'Angel Mama' that I cried tears of joy. I was not expecting anybody to do that this year. I figured it was going to be a very lonely Birthday but it wasn't. With Patsy here and Dave home it was so cozy. It was too cold to venture out but all was warmed with much love inside. All day thru my 5 nieces n nephews called and sang to me and Patsy n I did computer puzzles and watched chick-flicks. We had cake n ice cream and just enjoyed each other. It was a good day after all. God really Blessed me!
Patsy left at 8:30 this morning for home and I was terribly lonely but I buried myself with housework.
It sure was nice to have her here when I needed her most. God knew didn't He. He is so good to me!
Well, have a good evening gals! Time for tea!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  7:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Judy - happy belated birthday! Glad you had a good birthday. It's so wonderful that your family surrounded you and gave you special memories.

Peggy - I received my teas and my valentine was so adorably cute! Thank you so much. I love the charms too! I may make stitch markers with them for knitting/crocheting. Haven't tried the teas yet but will this week.

Today we've been having snow all day. Watching the snow out my window was beautiful today, great big fluffy flakes. Accumulation was only about 2" though. Oreo decided she "had" to go for a walk since it was snowing (long tradition from the time she was a pup of us taking walks on snowy nights). I fell on my butt before I even got to the end of the road. Thankfully the snow cushioned me really well so no damage.

I took the pups in for their heartworm test and rabies yesterday. Oreo has been having this coughing/gagging thing that's increasing in frequency that I wanted checked and something for her arthritis. She has a collapsing trachea which sounds worse then it is. It's common in small dogs and tends to occur more as they age. Nothing that can be done for it except cough pills, which I decided to hold on. I did get an anti-inflammatory for her arthritis, which might help with the cough. I'm crossing my fingers that it helps.

Okay, time for bed for me. Night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1407 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1407 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  8:40:11 PM  Show Profile
Well, I've tried to upload a picture, but the problem is that it gets stuck on "processing" - any ideas?

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  8:46:20 PM  Show Profile
OOPS! Judy....sorry I didn't stop by to wish you a very happy birthday, yesterday.......so glad it was such a good one! :)

Thanx for the wonderful tucks with the tea,Miss Peggy...just delightful! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  05:30:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porchies! Praying all of you had a wonderful day yes teat and night last night! I am feeling like I was run over by a train! I have no clue what is wrong with me, but it is after eight and I am still not out of bed! The kids are in their rooms playing, thankfully! But I HAVE to get up and get done. The pain is really bad..... I am wondering if it is my Fibro acting up! If it is, it has never been this severe before! But life must go on! No staying in bed for me. I need to do school, make banana bread, and work on stuff for the military homeschool group I am part of. Oh I have a question for all of you lovely tea drinkers. I do not own a teapot (I know! Gasp!) I am looking at purchasing one. Do you all have tea pots? Size you would recommend? Brand?

Joyce - YAY othe van! We have been looking at getting a 15 passenger van... Once this baby comes, we will have outgrown our suburban! As for no cell phone, lol, I do not have one either! Not sure what you mean about younger or what constitutes as that, but I am in my mid-thirties, so I might fall in that range too. But I despise cell phones! I can see the benefit in emergency situations, but cannot imagine "living" on my phone!

Judy - your birthday sounded lovely! I love how God looks out for our needs and desires! He is truly so loving and honestly cares! We can see it when we need the extra love and even when we need correction and admonished! I am certainly praising Him this morning for the blessings you had on Monday!

Pg Tammy - so sorry to hear Oreo is having such a rough time! A collapsing trachea sounds so uncomfortable and difficult! My poor doggy has arthritis really bad, but whenever we give her meds, her seizures increase and she literally acts like she is in a coma :( I love her dearly, but there are days I honestly pray God takes her... But then I just cry, lol. But she is soooooo bad off! She is about thirteen years old, has congestive heart failure, has seizures, and her arthritis is so bad that she hardly moves, so she is probably about fifty pounds over weight. But she is the one I always have gone to for cuddles after each of my miscarriages (five of them!) Sorry - I am obviously an emotional mess today! Just said prayers for your Oreo!

Joyce - sometimes the processing takes a bit! You may just want to try left ing it go and see if it works. When I first started, I never hit the upload button, lol, after I picked a picture, and would get frustrated trying to figure out what it was doing, lol.

Alright I must go get a shower and get the kids breakfast. All of your prayers would be appreciated today as I deal with whatever my issues are!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  07:41:08 AM  Show Profile
I broke my favorite mixing bowl - the largest in the set. If anybody has one they would like to sell or trade, please let me know (or if you see one at a flea market or somewhere). They were made by Corning/Pyrex in the 1990's and are discontinued. Here's a pic.

http://www.corellecorner.com/images/photos/RedCherries-01.jpg

Thanks!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  09:22:35 AM  Show Profile
Howdy ladies,
well we are snow day number two this week. We were hit with a major storm over the weekend that left seven inches of snow and winds of 40 miles per hour. Even church was canceled. Went to school yesterday out again today as storm last night dropped 3 more inches and brought in white out conditions. So I have been catching up.

Judy happy birthday sweet lady. HOpe it was grand.

Peggy got your sweet tea in the mail earlier this week. Smelled delightful and so thank you dear one.
ok I tried to up load a few senior pictures and it won't let me. drats

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  11:49:37 AM  Show Profile
OK Girls...computer was down for two days but now back up. I got caught up on reading but will have to wait
until later to reply. I am so happy everyone is getting their Tea Pkgs. I thought you could actually make earrings
out of those "Tucks" (still laughing Judy! (+: ) if you didn't have a friend you wanted to share with.
I loved the idea of "Stitch Markers" too.

Ok...off for the afternoon...more later Girlies.

Hugs and More Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 04 2015 11:50:53 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page