Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  06:25:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sara - I'll check it out!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  07:21:21 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I love the button pictures. I sometimes buy old buttons for my dresses as an added accent. Hope you feel better.

I have been feeling a bit blue myself. I haven't been able to get a job or even an interview. I sure wish I knew what God's plan is so I could be on the right track. But only two more weeks of school.

Talked to my younger son in the marines yesterday. He said there is a good chance he will be deployed on a navel ship for 6-9months in January. I won't be able to communicate with him at all. But it will be good for him.

Later all, until later....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  07:36:49 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, how scary! One of my friends from my old branch had something like that happen with her daughter and peanuts!! Luckily, the only one in our household who is allergic to anything is our roommate and it's shell fish, so it's not something I use all the time. Plus, my mother and best friend are also allergic, so I have been conscious of that for a while.

Sara, I was thinking the same! When I was a little girl, Momma would sew and I would "organize" her button box. Some were just buttons Momma collected, others were buttons she got from her mother. Any tied with heavy cotton thread (usually red) were her mother's friend's buttons... Amy saved buttons from EVERYTHING and reused them!

Had my second interview yesterday with the company I mentioned previously, and it seems like it went well. I should know early next week if I got the job or not. Keep prayin'!!

Well, for now, I gotta go fix my schedule... ask for a day off, and it gets approved... and then they schedule you. Good times

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  6:50:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey porchies,
how are you? Good I hope. It is hot as blue blazes here and of course school started in this heatwave. Yikes! But it has been a pretty good week so far. This class of butterflies seem to fly with their wings going the right way. Here is a cute story from first day. Heard by sweet little girl: Mrs Schroeder I have only a half a shoe. Mrs. Schroeder ponders this and says are you wearing shoes now ..Yes Mrs Schroeder but my pe shoe will have to find a mate...it is only half. Oh my goodness I was like no shoes...this is going to be an interesting day thankfully she had a complete set of pe shoes today and shoes on her dear feet.

Judy thank you for the sweet card. I just loved it.

Peggy love your pictures will check out your blog post this weekend. My group starts back up in September and we are doing Beth Moore's newest study. I am ready to begin again.

well I am going to skedaddle and have a bit of tea and read a bit and then to bed. Madame Butterfly is not used to getting up early and so I need my beauty sleep...hahahah it that truly helps....hahahah

yall have a great evening
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  9:48:36 PM  Show Profile

I took this decadent picture awhile back but it reminded me that fall is coming.

Today was the first morning that when I walked the dog it had a crispness in the air.
But this weekend is suppose to be HOT again...so Fall is just around the corner...giving
us a few little by turning leaves, cooler mornings and the gardens are looking
seedy and wimpy. I'm putting my to bed early this year...I'm done!

Teacher Tammy...Oh, girlfriend didn't you just get rid of those butterflies and close your
doors for Summer? How can you be back in class all ready??? Well...I loved your butterfly
story and I am glad to hear that you have a good start to The School Year. Let's pray they
keep flying straight. LOL

I was just looking at Beth Moore's newest Study today. We will be doing Randy Alcorn's "Heaven".
Looks like I will have a couple of new women in my Group this year. Looking forward to that.

Well, I just got on here and now DH wants to watch TV together. Maybe I can add more later.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 21 2014 11:39:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6788 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6788 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2014 :  05:05:48 AM  Show Profile
I enjoyed visit with sisters yesterday except for a wasp sting I got on my right pointer finger. My BIL put bleach on it that helped to stop the hurting but it took a couple of hours for the numbness in my hand to go away.

I have MS so anything like a sting aggravates whatever I am experiencing at the time. I stayed in the easy chair and visited with BIL while sisters went out for Mexican food. I was in bed a little after 6 last night and didn't get up until after 5 so feeling better today.

My sister's new room is fantastic. I was in awe of all her jars of goodness on the shelves. Her grandson put all the jars up for her.

Tammy, I like hearing stories of about kids - keep them coming.

Here's one about my son. He almost failed kindergarten because he wouldn't learn how to tie the big shoe. It wasn't that he couldn't - he just wouldn't. He reasoned to his teacher that he wore cowboy boots or sneakers with Velcro so why did he have to know how to tie shoes. She reasoned back that one day he might have sneakers that tied. That satisfied his 6 year old logical mind and he moved up to the 1st grade.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2014 :  11:15:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...I'm back for a few minutes this morning.

DH is out doing Process Serves. Teenage Grand-daughter is still asleep (couldn't be because she
stays up all night Video Chatting with friends)> LOL! I walked the dog already...another
cooler morning.

I have to admit that I am concerned over how much teenagers are on their cell phones these days.
It is a 24/7 thing. I think Hallie has been really bored here because she is always on that
phone with her friends. She said last night to her Grandpa that she was ready to go home tonight
because she misses all her friends. I had to laugh out loud...how could she miss them??? She
hasn't stopped calling, texting, video-chatting etc etc since she got here. I know we don't lead
the most exciting lives in the World but we have taken her to do something everyday and gave her
a $100.00 for a little shopping spree. I just don't get it? I am a huge Technology person myself...
I love having the latest Tablet, the latest phone, I play games on them and read constantly but
I must admit I hate talking on the phone...so to see her wasting her time always on the phone
concerns me. I know many other teenagers that have her same problem...it is their chief source of
entertainment. To me...it opens the door to sex-ting and other unacceptable internet
behavior. Don't get me wrong...our grand-daughter is a "good-girl"...but she also has a slight streak
of desire to be the bad-girl too. Just in case being good isn't all it's cracked up to be. Geesh!
I'm glad I'm NOT raising kids in this day and age.

Sara...I am so sorry about your wasp sting. That sounded painful. Meat Tenderizer works good on stings too.
It has been years since I was stung by anything but I tend to swell up like a beach ball. I am sure the
MS causes you to be extremely sensitive to stings too.

Loved your story about your son and not wanting to tie THE Big Shoe in Kindergarten. Aren't kids a hoot?
Love them at that age...they say and do the funniest things.

Well Lovelies...I need a cup of tea and a little time with The Lord...
Have a Beautiful Friday!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 22 2014 11:19:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2014 :  1:34:20 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - that starbucks drink and dessert looks amazing!!! I share your concern for teens and their cell phones too! It's a scary thing.

We've been busy on the farm. My niece took a week vacation from school - she was in a preschool/daycare program - and spent Monday, and Tuesday here with us. Then her mom was off Wednesday so she stayed home. Thursday was her first day of Kindergarten. Only half the class went and the other half went today (don't understand that) so she came here again today. She loved her first day of school. The best part for her was riding the school bus because there's no seat belt!

We had another beautiful red and white bull calf born. We were afraid something was wrong - we went to check on Momma and she was laying down with the placenta out behind her, but no calf in site. Then he got up! He was hiding behind her :)

I finally have some red tomatoes so I canned some salsa today.

Wednesday I woke up feeling wonderful. About half way through milking my upper lip started swelling. By the time we were done with the morning chores I looked like a duck! My lip was so swollen it stuck straight out. Then my eye started swelling - not too bad but enough I was worried. I've been getting some hives at night and we've been trying to figure out what's causing it, but with a duck bill for a lip I figured it's time to take some medicine. Yesterday it was a little swollen, but today it's finally back to normal and no hives. Hopefully it'll stay normal tomorrow. There's a fly - in at the airport my husband has been looking forward to all summer. I really don't want to miss it.

Well, it's about milking time so I better hop off the porch. Have a great weekend everyone!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6788 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6788 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2014 :  04:29:51 AM  Show Profile
Heather, congrats on your new red & white bull calf. Don't think I have ever seen that breed. Is it an old one or fairy new?

Been up since before 5 and have most of plants in backyard watered. The ones where the deck light doesn't reach will have to wait for daylight. After finishing up with the backyard I will water the front yard plants. Rest of the day will be spent piddling under the A/C.

Yesterday morning I had a surprise visit from my nephew. He bought us breakfast from local café. Enjoyed talking with him about scripture. He pastors a church and owns & maintains 30 rent houses. So it made me feel good that he took time out of his busy day to spend time with me. Started my day off on a high note. Lynn's married to my niece, Mallie, but I think of him more as blood kin than nephew by marriage.

Hugs, Sara
Walk in Peace.
Live with Joy.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2014 :  1:55:09 PM  Show Profile
Sara...that is so cool that your nephew is a Pastor. My husband is a retired Pastor (though we know they never
really retire) LoL I still teach a Women's Bible Study Group and I have been leading this Group for 25 years. It
is made up of Women from 4 or 5 different Churches. Just really a Special Group. And now we have many of their
Daughters in the group too. We have had as many as 22 but now sit at about 15 in the Group. We lost 7 over the
years with moves and such. It is an in Home Bible Study Group that turns into a Crafting/Gabbing Group in the
Summer Months. We are adding two new Women this coming Fall. We accept them in as God calls them. We call ourselves
Papa's Girls. These Women would lay day their lives for me and I would for them too. It is a Great Group of Sisters
In The Lord.

Heather...Oh, we need pictures of your new Bull Calf. I love to see your pictures. ~ Do you think you got stung by
something that made your lip swell or just a weird allergic reaction to something? I hope your duck bill is all gone
by now.

Last Night we had a Family Dinner at Applebee's with Our Oldest Daughter from Spokane, her good friend (adopted in
to the family by all of us) and our youngest son and family. So, eight of us total and we pretty much had a Party!
It was a great Family Time. Cheryl (our oldest daughter) was here to pick up our Grand-daughter and sadly I must
say...I was ready for her to go home this time. She is a Sweet kid but I'm not sure why she wanted to come visit
because she spent all her time on her phone...and she missed her friends! My husband and I realize that we want
her to visit as long as she wants to be here because there will soon be a time where she won't want to be....and in
truth maybe this was just The Lord showing us that the time is closer than we thought it was.

Cheryl also had bought some close-out Purses and Clutches a while back...and so she brought them with her and let
Mercedes and me pick out one the we liked. They were $80.00 purses that she got on close-out for $8.00 each. I got
a beautiful red one and Sadie got a pretty Turquoise one. Cheryl wouldn't let us pay for them...she has such a
big giving heart.

Well, girls...it is nice to have the Home front quiet again. Just DH, The Dog and Me! But It feels so comfortable
and nice to be back on our own weird schedule and not feel like we have to be entertaining anyone. I guess we
enjoy our slowed down lifestyle more than we realized. LOL

Hope everyone has a Beautiful Weekend! Do something FUN and enjoy these last Dog Days of Summer.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6788 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6788 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  05:42:49 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, it is awesome to have Lynn to talk to. He knows the Bible and has insight to be able to teach others. I have learned from him.

Today is the Lord's Day, a time to worship and praise. Rest of the day will be filled with what I do best - piddling & resting.

Hugs, Sara
Walk in Peace.
Live with Joy.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  07:16:12 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies! I've been MIA for awhile. We headed up to MD for my pre-op appointment. Things went well with the anesthesiologist... they agreed to give me anesthesia that is safe for nursing Aly. Praising God for His favor in that situation!!! Things went okay with my hubby's family (that is who we stay with up in MD). We are not tech-y people (I do not have a cell phone and there is no tv in our house), but rather prefer to let our children play outside, read, or play board games. I think they think we are crazy, lol. While we were at my appointment, the kids were introduced to Star Wars. Ummmmm that movie is not child friendly!!! My almost 11 year old had nightmares!!! The kids are still talking about how scary it was! And they watched three movies of it, smh. But, I am very thankful the kids have someone to stay with while I have my surgery! Came home and within a couple days I was slammed with a sinus infection :( Last night I e-mailed my doctor, requesting an antibiotic. Normally, we do not use antibiotics at all, but rather herbs, essential oils, and time. Unfortunately, we do not have time, this time. So I am willing to go on antibiotics. My poor doctor probably about fell out of her seat when she saw my request, but responded and said she will call something in. We head back up to MD this upcoming weekend. On Labor Day, I think we may go to the Renaissance Festival. The kids just learned about Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon, and that is the story line this year! They are so excited!

Bunny - thank you for your son's service! Deployments are so hard! I will be praying for both you and your son!

Miranda - so glad your second interview went well! Continuing to pray that you get the job!

Tammy - what a cute story!!! How old are your butterflies?

Peggy - That dessert looks FABULOUS! What is it? It looks like some type of cheesecake. I might have to try to find a GF recipe for it! I haven't baked anything in awhile, but after seeing that, I might need to! I found your story of your grand-daughter kind of ironic. My oldest daughter is almost 11 - and she struggles visiting with her grandparents for the opposite reason.... she misses the quiet way we live. I too am concerned about the number of children consumed with technology. And honestly, the fact that so many states are passing laws outlawing texting while driving shows how many adults are also consumed. Old-fashioned letter writing just doesn't happen very often. Visiting with friends often includes facebook-ing messages about what is happening and texting others that are not there. It is so sad!

Sara - I seriously laughed out loud at the story of your son!!! I absolutely love children's logic at that age! THey are so honest and try to make sense of things! Sorry to hear about the wasp sting! Those HURT! I've heard that putting a penny on it will help - something about a penny being copper!?! We generally grab some plantain and put that on it. And your sister's new room sounds delightful! I dream of one day having a room for my freezers and canning stuff. Right now my freezers are in the garage, and my jars of food are in my coat closet. Not ideal, but it works :) Love that your nephew brought you breakfast! That is just so sweet! And how awesome it is that you have such a knowledgeable man of God to talk with!

Heather - congratulations on your newest calf! Any way you could post a picture??? Did you ever figure out what was causing the hives or the swollen lip and eye? Praying for you!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6788 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6788 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  07:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, thank you for such a sweet reply to what I wrote. I pray for your healing and the absence of fear. May your days be filled with joy and your nights with sweet dreams.

You remind me of my sister. Before she got her room she had boxes of jars under beds, in closets, and behind doors. Now she is busy re-arranging the other rooms with all the new found space.

Hugs, Sara
Walk in Peace.
Live with Joy.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  3:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello porch-buds, just got on here to catch up with all your interesting notes. Have really enjoyed all of them. So nice to see so many gals with wonderful old-fashion Christian values. It's even better, does my heart good, to see parents with firm values about what their children see and do. The world is trying so hard to lead our children astray by these silly but dangerous movies and techy things and it's just nice to see old-fashion values. Good for you

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  7:51:41 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...you are right it is a Cheesecake...it is called Dreamcycle Cheesecake made by the Cheesecake Factory and
sold in The Barnes and Noble's Starbucks Coffee Cafe. ~ I also like the slowed down Country Values...that most City
Kids have no idea about. It would do them all good to have to live the Country Life...for one year of their School
Education and be home-schooled and have to go completely off the Grid. I think that would be a good way to round out
their lives a little bit.

Hi Judy Girl...glad to see you back on the Porch. How are you doing? Missing your Mama, I am sure! I just keep thinking of that Statue of the Older Woman going through that door...and coming out a younger version of herself...being greeted by Jesus. And I think..."Yup..there went Judy and Patsy's Mama...straight into the arms of Jesus."

Sara...how was your day today? I didn't make it to Church, but Jesus and I had Church anyway.
After having my Grand-daughter for a week...it is taking my body (with it's Fibro and Chronic Fatigue) to rest up. I have that deep fatigue the last two days...where your limbs feel like
you have a ton of bricks tied to them. So, I have been sleeping a lot. Will probably feel more
back to the norm tomorrow. I hope anyway. Hubby was a dear and took me out to dinner so I
didn't have to cook. Bless him!

Well girls...another Beautiful Lord's day. Hope you enjoyed yours.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  9:48:45 PM  Show Profile
Sorry gals, I had to close down the putter earlier and left my message incomplete, but the curser started to mosey around the screen all by itself. Dave told me to shut it down when it does that... could be a hacker. So I did.
Patsy and I went thru Mama's recipe box today and it really brought back some memories.
We have the apartment cleaned out 'cept for the futon, which Patsy and Jim are taking home when they go home. All I have to do yet is sweep and mop. How quickly it went from being Mama's place to just 'a place.' The warm, fuzzy part of it is all gone. *sigh*
"I love you Mama and miss you so much. There is such a hole in my heart. I console myself with the knowledge that you are pain-free and that you ran straight into the arms of Jesus like Peggy said, but, oh how lonely I am without you here!"

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  11:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Popping in for a quick hello. Been canning and freezing with my husband's help. Can't do it by myself anymore. It does my back in and then I'm down for the count! Been taking a friend to doctor's and hospital appts. She has breast cancer and had the surgery last Tuesday. I went to see my hospice patient after church and had church again with her.

Judy
I'd like to say it gets easier but it doesn't for a long while. You at least have the comfort of knowing she is with Jesus and whole and pain free. I don't know how people go through life without Him! The card was beautiful and you are a blessing!

Heather
Be very careful with the symptoms you are having. You should make sure your Dr is aware and get an epipen in case you need it.
Something is triggering those hives and swollen lips. You don't want a swollen tongue and throat!

Peggy
People don't look anyone in the eye anymore because they're to busy texting. Communication skills are being lost! When my GKs are here I don't allow any electronics. Funny how much fun they have outside!

Luanne
See if you can see a dietician. Our shop rite has one. See if the SR up by you has one. Are you at the GDS fair this year?

Tammy
No clipping wings so far is a good sign! LOL!

Shannon
Good luck with your surgery. How's Aly?

Bunny
Will pray for your son's safety and your peace of mind. Did you live near the earth quake area?

Hi Sara and Miranda.

Signing off because my curser is flying all over and I don't want to lose this post or get hacked!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  08:03:20 AM  Show Profile
I am very happy to say since I took an allergy pill (just one once) I've not had any hives and the duck bill has not returned!!! I think my system was just over loaded and needed a little help. Anyway, here's the cuttie everyone wanted to see a picture of

Saturday we made it to the "Wings and Wheels" show - a fly-in and drive-in at the airport in Urbana. The Yankee Lady was there. It's a B-17 bomber from Michigan. They were giving rides for $450/person. We opted for the $5 walk through! One day we'd love to ride in it.

We watched it take off. I got a video with my camera. If I get some free time the next couple days I'd like to upload it to my blog. I'll let you know if I do so you can check it out. At the airport they're building a bomber. Here's the progress so far

It's all done be volunteers. Sometimes veterans bring their grandkids in to work on it. The people that organize it all are very happy to have anyone come and they take lots of pictures and get everyone's story. They then make big posters and put them out for everyone to see. There's also a big display of the WASP's (women pilots). They have life size cut outs of the women holding their service photo with a short story about themselves. It's really wonderful that they're taking the time to preserve history.

Anyway, it's hot and terribly humid so I made a big pitcher of fresh squeezed lemonade. Everyone grab a glass and sit a while. Anyone got any cookies? It feels like a cookie day to me. I have to get back to work now. Hope everyone has a great week!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  08:56:02 AM  Show Profile
OMG, Heather........he is just adorable and love the white patch on his forehead.....almost a heart!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  10:16:33 AM  Show Profile
Sara - THe comparison to your sister made me giggle! We have a pull-out container under our bed that has our "emergency food" in it for when/if a hurricane hits. I truly do try to put jars of food wherever I can find room! Unfortunately, with little people, there are only so many "safe" spots ;)

Peggy - How are you feeling???? I found a recipe for Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake that I should be able to easily switch over to GF. I'll have to give it a try here soon!!!

Judy - Continuing to pray for you and your family!

Darlene - What have you been preserving? Thank you for asking about Aly. She is doing pretty well. We had an early interventionist out here today to evaluate her. She is delayed, especially in gross motor. She'll get re-weighed later this week, so hopefully she has gained!!!

Heather - Wow! Your calf is the cutest thing ever!!! What have you named him? I agree with Mel - his heart is just too precious! $450 for a ride??? Yikes! I know gas is expensive, but my heart! I would opt for the $5 walk through as well! We are hoping to have another air show on the base here soon, but with the budget cuts, they haven't been having any here for the last couple of years. We always enjoy touring the C-5s and C-17s. Hubby has promised the kids to take us on a tour of a C-17 soon, but life is always so hectic.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  10:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Darlene - we are not working at the GDS Fair this year. The health issues just won't allow 7 days straight at 15+ hours a day any more. We will have a small display there of our butter churn collection.

I have talked to a nutritionist, and she has been a big help. I finally got the low sodium diet under control, now we are adding more "no-no's", but we'll get the hang of it eventually.

Judy - good to see you back. I'm sure you're missing your Mama something fierce.

Heather - we have a small museum of antique planes near us in Reading, PA, and we really enjoyed seeing it. They were amazing machines!

All - have a good day and good week. Busy here, so need to "scoot"!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6788 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6788 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  01:38:29 AM  Show Profile
Good early-early morning ladies. I am up in the middle of the night again. Went to bed at 7 because MS fatigue was grinding me down but after 6 hours in bed I am up playing on my computer. That's enough about my sleepless nights. They are all too common around here to spend much time talking about them.

It's hot here but in the mornings I can feel that fall is on the way. Today I hope to hang fall wreath on gate in front of the Yellow Rose Cottage. The wreath is a grapevine one painted yellow to match the shutters on front porch. It has sunflowers and a little shovel on it that says Welcome Fall with painted leaves.

I start decorating for fall in late Aug because I am so tired of the heat of summer and ready for cooler days of fall. A wreath here, a fall kitchen towel there and by the end of Sept my house and yard are all done up in fall plants, colors and deco.

Of course fall isn't officially here for me until pumpkins and gourds appear at Kelly's fruit stand and candy corn is on store shelves.

Sara - #6034
Walk in Peace.
Live with Joy.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  2:29:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy darlen...we know you must miss your Mama like crazy. I often wonder if I will miss my mother
at all once she goes home to the Lord. We share some interests that we can always talk about but
other than that we don't have much of a relationship as you know. I admire women who love their Mama's
and feel that they are so very blessed!

Sara...have enjoyed our little chats back and forth as of late. I hope you do live to be 102 and I live
to be 94. I have told my husband for years that I will probably drop dead on my 94th Birthday and miss
my own Party. LOL Part of my family has longevity on their side but most seem to die prematurely. I had
a great Aunt and Uncle who lived to be 105 and 107. But both my grandfather's and Grandmothers died in
their 60's as did my own father at 69. And my two siblings both never made it to their 60's. They both
died five years apart at age 57. Some of the nicest and sweetest people seem to go home first.

Hi Luanne...sorry about the health issues. Is it both you and your boyfriend? I didn't make it to the
Fair this year. I enjoy them but my husband and youngest son don't and I hate to go alone. I told my
youngest DIL that next year we will have to take Elijah and go.

Shannon...let me know if your Cream Cycle Cheesecake turns out good. I might beg you for the Recipe.

Hi Mel...by Mel...come back when you can stay awhile and chat girl! (+:

Heather...Oh, that little guy is so cute. And it does look like a heart on his forehead. Two Sweet!! His
Red and White coloring is just gorgeous.

We have a Big Aviation Museum in McMinneville Oregon...that houses The Spruce Goose...owned and flown once
by Howard Hughs. And then there are also all kinds of cool military planes there too. I haven't been there
for a long time and they have added so much more...that we really should go visit there again.

Darlene...you are so lucky that your DH is willing to help with your canning. Mine would never do that...so
count your blessings girl. ~ I'm sorry to hear about your friends breast cancer...but I know you must be a
huge blessing to her...being able to help her walk through the process and explain things to her.

Well, Ladies...I am off to get something done. I did a little bit of shopping earlier and got my locks trimmed too.
Actually got a really good hair stylist this time who wasn't afraid to do a razor cut...which is what I prefer. I
like my hair a little spiked on top and cut close in the nape of the neck. Usually I get some one who is scared spitless
to pick up a razor and usually grabs her thinning shears...which I don't want anywhere near my head. LOL It is the
pits to be an ex-stylist we are so picky.

Have a Beautiful Day and Be A Blessing to Someone Today,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 27 2014 10:42:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  3:25:03 PM  Show Profile
Heather - are you on any meds? I had a similiar reaction to a blood pressure med I was on several years ago. I'd been on it for four years prior to the incident. ER doc told me it wasn't uncommon with that particular group of meds for an allergy to occur years after you start taking them.

Peggy - My son is the same way. He's constantly up all night long texting, video, whatever with his friends from Michigan. I'm starting to notice some adults are getting just as bad.

Luanne - I just got the same news and need to do the same thing. I found a ton of Facebook groups with lots of recipes if you need ideas. There are a lot of things he can eat besides veggies.

I survived our trip to the UP and enjoyed myself! We got back last night about 10pm. I'm really glad I took today off to get readjusted, I feel wiped out today. The weather was perfect while we were there, not to cold and not to hot. We did day trips every day we were there. For our first trip we went to Mackinac Island. We went on Thursday thinking we would avoid a ton of tourist - wrong - the place was packed. I can't even imagine how bad the weekends would be. I got to see a little bit of the Grand Hotel (remember Somewhere in Time with Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour). The picture below was taken from the hydro boat we took to get to the island. The bush horses and sleigh are directly across the pathway from the Grand. The island is a beautiful place but a total tourist trap. We took a carriage ride around the island which was really nice and very informative. There's a fort there too that we checked out. We did bring home some homemade fudge and pecan turtles (which are to die for!!!!).

They have a beautiful butterfly conservatory. Isn't it the cutest house they have it attached to! The butterfly enclosure is on the back. This butterfly decided to land on me, I didn't even realize it until M* told me to hold still so he could take the picture.

I'll post more over the next few posts. I need to get supper going. M* worked today so I'm sure he'll be beat when he gets home.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  6:49:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey my sweet ladies,
how are you? So nice to see all the porch chatting going on here. Makes me smile.

School is going well. I have had to only clip one set of wings. So I am thinking that is beautiful thing. We are doing some flying but within reason. WE are getting into our routine and homework is beginning and they are doing fairly well. Maybe this year we can have fun. I do have to tell a story though. I have a security key to get in and out of the building. The first week I kept forgetting to take with me. So I was fretting over this forgetfulness cause I was getting tired of being locked out of school and one little boy said Mrs. Schroeder don't fret and worry. They have apps for everything even remembering. Oh how I laughed and laughed. His mom had a chuckle too. So now everytime I see apps I laugh cause I remember what he said. Now I have key on lanyard to wear on me so we don't get locked out. Apps for remembering...oh how funny.

well I just thought I would fly in for a minute. I am keeping all of you in prayer. I will be flying back in soon.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page