Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6802 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6802 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  09:30:29 AM  Show Profile
I want to start by saying I am in awe of all you ladies that reply by name to each and everyone that post. That's just out of my mental powers to do. I get bogged down with trying to do it and it all becomes a blur to me.

I do read (not all at one time) and fully enjoy all of what you ladies have to say, but I won't be replying unless it's a very good day for me.

Today is grocery shopping day. Got there a little after 8 and I am still resting up before I put everything away. Cans & cartons have to be dated with a permanent marker in large enough numbers that I can read with glasses.

Greens need to be washed and sorted through; mushrooms cleaned and gills trimmed off; all to be ready for cooking.

The other day I said I was going to start my fall decorating - well I didn't get around to it. There's always tomorrow or next week.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  09:41:34 AM  Show Profile
Tammy - thanks for the info - I will definitely check out Facebook for some recipes. Any suggestions for evening snacks? We eat dinner fairly early and he is starving before bedtime.

Peggy - my health is fine so far, thank goodness. Boyfriend is dealing with a multitude of issues, the most recent being that his blood sugar is now elevated. He also has kidney and heart problems.

Hi to everyone else - need to get back to work!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  3:29:10 PM  Show Profile

My Porchies....I have some Very Exciting News!!! Our Very Own HEATHER NEEPER IS
SEPTEMBERS FARMGIRL OF THE MONTH!!! Woot! Woot!! Woot!!! Now that is something
to get excited about. I can't think of a better example of a TRUE BLUE FARM GIRL SISTA
can you??? I hope you all will do what we Porchies do best and help her celebrate
this Wonderful Honor with a little something-something to show her just how Special
She is to Us.

Hugs and Smiles Heather Dear!!!,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 27 2014 3:33:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  1:26:52 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy! I am so surprised to be FGOTM! Lets have some icecream sundaes on the porch to celebrate :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  1:44:33 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Heather!!!!!!

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  2:00:17 PM  Show Profile
I got a goodie box going out to Ms. Heather on Monday, with a Fall Decoration! I know it will be a Splendid Month!!
Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  4:32:11 PM  Show Profile
Luanne - I'm just starting to learn this stuff myself. Snacks can vary widely and depends on what he typically graves. If he's super hungry before bed he might need to eat more at supper or a larger protein amount. It will depend on how many carbs he's allowed per day and then he'll have to make sure he allots some to cover his snacks. Zero carb foods like hard boiled eggs, slices of meat, cheese sticks, etc. would work. If he plans his meals he could include low carb options. I hear Breyers has a carb control ice cream - I don't know how many carbs it has though. One of my favorite treats right now when I'm craving sweets is a diet root beer with a splash or 2 of cream - it makes a liquid root bear float with only 1 or 2 carbs. I also add vodka to it for an adult version that's low carb. Another option would be strawberries with a bit of cream poured over them. Also make sure he's getting enough water. Dehydration can cause high sugar. I've given serious consideration to a dietitian/nutritionist to help me learn to plan better although since I typically plan meals if I get serious enough I could probably get it planned out myself.

Heather - Congratulations!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  4:34:00 PM  Show Profile
Just Love Having One of Our Porchies Honored this way!

Cherime...I got the Alaskan Tea today and I am so excited to try it.
It is so Special that it comes from where you live. I know you have been
very busy this Summer and we have missed you but Thanks So Much For Keeping
Your Commitment to The Tea Swap. You're The Best!!!

Headed off for my Crafting/Gab Group tonight. Haven't seen my girls for a
couple of weeks...looking forward to that.

More Later Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  4:54:12 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Heather! I know you will get a real kick out of being FGOTM!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  6:52:07 PM  Show Profile
Luanne - found this site tonight and wanted to let you know before I forgot. It has menus for different carb amounts. http://low-carb-meal-plans.com/phase-one.html

Also the FB pages I follow are Low Carb Eating and Low Carbing Among Friends. I think both have websites too.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  7:41:30 PM  Show Profile
Heather, how wonderful... Congrats girlie!
Cherime, I too received my tea today. Thank you!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  08:12:04 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone :)

I hope my tea comes today. I do enjoy the tea swap so much. I'm working on something little for everyone for my turn in October. I saw it and thought everyone would like it.

Nothing too exciting going on here. Waiting on a load of hay to get here. We have a cow due today, but she's not ready yet. I bet it'll be at least 4 or 5 days yet. Well, I better start fixing some lunch. Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor day weekend!!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  08:12:24 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Heather!!!!!!! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  08:18:03 AM  Show Profile
Computer has been down since yesterday - darn........

Heather - thanks for all your help. I'll do some research over the weekend.

Have a good holiday everybody!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  12:30:52 PM  Show Profile
It's been a long time since I've come to sit on the porch. Lots of new faces since I've visited. Nice to meet all y'all!

Congrats to Heather!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  8:20:37 PM  Show Profile
I'm loving the cooler day we had today, very fall like. Unfortunately if fall is happening this soon I'm worrying that winter may be early too and that I'm NOT looking forward to. I'll enjoy what I have though.

I got awesome news today. Two of the soldiers I worked with that are married are being transferred to South Dakota! I'm so excited. It will be great to see some of my peeps. I've been wanting to explore SD so this will be a great excuse. I really miss working with the military and working with the people I did.

So what is everybody doing for the holiday weekend? We're thinking about doing some fishing and trying out those lures we got in MN to see how they work here. Jordon scored a brand new kayak at work for $200 that somebody ordered and never picked up so he's hoping to take it out this weekend. I may have to have him let me know if another score like that happens. He might be working a demo job again tomorrow. Him and M* are probably going out riding either Sunday or Monday. I'm going to work a couple hours tomorrow and possible some Monday, can't turn down double time pay. Jordon was scheduled off Monday but they told him he could come in and get some overtime so he'll be working too. I'm not sure what I want to do yet, it depends on how I feel and the weather.

I can't wait to pick up my mail and get my tea. Looking forward to it. The cooler temps mean tea time occurs more often.

Catherine - welcome back! Wow, you're practically an original Sister with that Sister number lol. I was just down your way in December for my son's wedding. My DIL is from Houston and he's stationed at Ft. Hood.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  03:38:45 AM  Show Profile
I only have a couple minutes today - we are heading to Maryland, to my in-laws' house, in preparation for my surgery at Johns Hopkins on Wednesday. In a word... I'm petrified! In 2000 I was in a car accident and broke my arm. When I had surgery on it, and coming out of anesthesia, there was apparently a miscommunication... I was given morphine, demoral, tordol, and vicodin... and I coded. This is much more serious - my left adrenal gland has a mass on it and the whole thing will be removed. I am so scared!

On a happier note - I do not know what it means to be FGOTM but I am thrilled for you Heather!!! You are such a special person, and I have LOVED getting to know you!!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  05:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I will be thinking about you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for this important upcoming week. As an RN, I recommend that you communicate your medical history and all concerns with all of the healthcare team taking care of you. Be sure to discuss all medication allergies or issues with your doctor, anesthesiologist, and nursing team. There is no such thing as a "dumb question". You can also make a written list of concerns and give it to your doctor if you worry that you might forget something important. Surgery is a big deal and everyone facing it is scared. As an old surgical nurse, I can assure you that patient care and patient safety is always our number one priority in the operating room. Your team will take excellent care of you every minute that you are in their care.

I wish you well for a this upcoming surgery. There will be many people supporting you every inch of the way. When you are feeling better, I look forward to hearing from you here!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  06:23:41 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, Oh I wish I could take your fear away. It hurts my heart for you to be petrified. I will be praying.

Winnie, what good advice and encouragement you have given to Shannon.

Tammy, It was such a privilege to be a part of the beginning of the Sisterhood.

While I'm checking in on the virtual porch, I'm sitting on my real back porch drinking coffee and protecting my cats' food from the chickens.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6802 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6802 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  06:29:11 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I'm praying for an extra helping of the Lord's mercy & grace to see you and your family through this.

Have missed being here on the porch - hope to join you more next week.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  09:12:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls
just popping in before I head out to do errands. Going to our state fair tomorrow and have Monday off from my little butterflies. It has been a pretty good two weeks of school.
Shannon I am praying for you.
Cherime I got my tea it smells delightful can't wait to try it.

heather congrats

well it is a beautiful day here. We have a lot of rain this week and tomorrow more on the way so I am so glad to see the sun out and hear birds singing. I hope you are all having a lovely day
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  11:27:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, It's so nice to see so many on here. New faces and old friends are all smooshed together to come up with the best recipe for 'Love& Caring.' This porch has the best support system around. You gals are always here to listen, Pray, cry and laugh with fellow Sistas and after all, what more can we ask for! I have felt your Prayers many times thru this ordeal with my Mama. Thank You!
Yesterday I spent alllll day cleaning that apartment of hers. What a job that was. When I was finished, I walked from room to room and thanked each one for the warmth and protection it gave my sweet Mama. Then I Blessed the place, hoping that the next tenant would feel the same thing while living there and truly enjoy it. As I was leaving though, I cried as I shut the door knowing that another chapter had been finished in my life. It was a sad moment!
Last night and today I ache something awful. An all day cleaning is hard on these old bones but I wanted to be done with it, leave the keys on the counter and get ready to move on. Such mixed emotions I have! The landlady had left me the sweetest note telling me to go and enjoy my life now and laugh often. Isn't that sweet? So..........'One Day At A Time!'
Shannon, FGOTM is 'Farm-Girl Of The Month.' She gets elected by her fellow farm-girls to enjoy a month of sitting on a pedestal(tractor seat) hahaha, or wherever. It's just silly farm-girl fun. I will keep you in Prayer for this surgery. God sees you and your fear and will step in. So hand it all to Him Dear Heart!
Winnie, that was just what Shannon needed to hear. You are a Blessing too!
See...........the Best girls on the website are on the 'Porch'.......I am sure of it! *giggle*
We are having gorgeous weather today...mid 80's, but like others, I think fall will be peeking in soon.
My sis and bil left here Thursday and went to her daughters. But we have one more excursion planned, Lord willing, for a pontoon ride at Atwood lake, this week if weather holds out. Then they will go home. Haven't done that in 2 years so I am looking forward to that.
Well, I need to take a pain pill and go do something. I feel so useless when I am down and doubly useless when I am down(blue) and down. So I need to go out into nature and Thank God that (I) Am Alive. Amen? Amen! Mama would want that!
Love my Porch-Buds sooooo much! Thank you for being Y-O-U!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  4:56:01 PM  Show Profile
Lots of farmgirls here! How wonderful. I'm done with school. Now to find a job.
I sewed on my son's quilt all day. It's almost done and will be in the mail to the quilter on Tuesday.

Heather, congrats on the award! You are a hard working farm girl for sure.

Cherime, I too got my tea. Can't wait to try some tonight. I'm all ready with my tea for sept. I'll wait a few weeks before sending it out though.

Judy, so nice to see you here! When you feel down, and it gets a little cooler just snuggle up in that quilt and think good momma thought.

Got to cut it short. I'm house sitting two little blind dogs and need to get moving so they get their dinner on time.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  10:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirl of the Month Ms. Heather...

and Farmgirl of The Year Ms. Winnie...

And then Ms. Bunny who is in Altered Couture Magazine again!!

We got us some real Celebs here on The Porch....Howdy!!! Woot Woot and Rah Rah!!!

It sure is nice to have Catherine back and our new gals here and all of our Regulars too.
This is the busiest the Porch has been all Summer.

We woke up to rain today and temps in the low 70's which was quite a nice change. I didn't
need to even to the A/C on...just run the fan on low to move the air around. My youngest son
and his family took me shopping with them to Whole Foods today. They were having a sale on their
meat. I only eat meat once maybe twice a week...so I'm fixed for a couple of months. Tomorrow
it's off to buy the Fruits and Veggies...which I will do by myself...If I feel up to it. The
weather change kicks my Fibro up a notch. So...tired too.

Judy...so good to see you trying to come back on more. I know it's hard when your sorrow is so fresh.
I can imagine it was really difficult to clean Mama's Apartment...but I loved how you went around and
blessed all the rooms for who ever will live there next. What a Sweet Soul and Heart YOU have. I can
see your Mama bending down and giving you a tender little kiss on the cheek for that.
You are right...One Day At A Time Sweet Jesus...he'll help get you through this pain and loneliness.

Teacher Tammy...so glad the Butterflies are off to a flying good start this year!!!

Shannon...we are praying for you. Here is a picture to focus on (Mentally before your surgery).

Night My Lovely Ladies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6802 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6802 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  10:33:07 AM  Show Profile
It's so nice to be here on the porch on a day like today. MS fatigue has me staying in for the day. Reflexes are too slow to drive and not enough energy to be there when I got there. But I can piddle.

Piddle awhile - rest a lot but by the end of the day I can say I found peace with the Lord and enjoyed myself.

The big thing for today is changing my bed over from spring/summer to fall/winter. A comforter that is reversible. A red check for fall & red for winter.

The taupe spring/summer comforter has been washed and put away until next year. I so like putting away the summer things and dragging out the ones for fall.

Sara
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page