Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  12:59:55 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...some people are just happy to be rude!!! I do book reviews for Amazon all the time and I don't
think I have ever given a bad one. So don't let Mr. Snarky get to you! ~ Glad you got the Tea finally.

Darlene and Luanne and anyone else who still hasn't gotten them (they all went out the same day) so I agree,
the must be in abandoned mail truck along the side of some road that got hit with Blizzard conditions. I hope
they didn't drink your tea to stay warm or something...or maybe they should have...I don't know. LOL

Went out with hubby to do some Process Serving today. The snow is all gone on the other side of the City but we still
have a bunch. It is mostly slush now...but freezing at night.

Well...I was feeling kind of down the last week or so, with my BIl's death, cabin fever, The Mail Art situation, and
the Pharmacy switched my anti-depressant Cymbalta to the new generic form and I don't think it is working as well for me.
Not really the pharmacies fault but my Medicare Insurance. But, today I got some fun farmgirl mail and a few sweet emails
from concerned farmgirls and that helped lift my spirits a bit.

I think I am going to go read. I am reading a book called "The Fat Girls Mystery"...so far it is really cute. I think it
was a FREE download. I usually don't go in for quick reads...but I really needed just something light and fun, not where
I need real concentration...like usual.

Patsy...loved your comment about the Indian coming along and digging ya'all out of the Snow/Ice bank In the Gorge. Was he
on Horse back...with full War Paint and buckskins? ROFLOL I think that was one of the guys Bunny use to date. Hee Hee!!!

Anyway, Night My Porchie Buds,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  4:10:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! I guess I'm not the only one who's been feeling the weight of life, stress and the weather. I needed a break from it all so that I could just re-group(in case you noticed my absence). Mama has been really down and negative too and I can't help her. It's just bogs me down. I really feel helpless. I just hope she makes it thru this winter. It's so hard on her....just sayin, that's all.
Don't really feel like playing" make-believe" right now. You can continue the virtual trip without me, I won't get mad.
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  4:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Judy, big herking rolling bear hug for you lady. Blessings to you and momma.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  12:31:09 AM  Show Profile
Judy, Judy, Judy...we love you girlie and it's OK if you don't want to come out and play for a few days.
But don't stay away too long or I will be forced to send out the Posse.

Praying for you and Mama!

{{{{{{{{{{{{Big Hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}},
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  11:22:10 AM  Show Profile
Well the snowstorm for Maine has begun. My six year old was dismissed early. Glad to have today off to spend with him. Had to finish his homemade Valentine's this morning for him. Mother in law was supposed to have him do it last night but it didn't happen.wasn't happy. Then got a call this am from her (DS spent the night last pm) they needed them for today invade school was closed. Anyway we're going to make homemade sugar cookies as soon as he's done putting another log in our fireplace (supervised) . Having a good time. Now.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  11:23:20 AM  Show Profile
Incase not invade. Lol.

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  11:34:43 AM  Show Profile
Snowing hard here - about 10" so far, and isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow AM. Work is closing at 3:30 - I'm not sure if I'm glad or if I wish I was staying in the office. The trip home isn't going to be any fun. Right now it doesn't look like the roads have even been plowed recently.

Stay safe everyone!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  6:32:00 PM  Show Profile
Flying into the porch tonight,
Oh Friday can't get here soon enough. What a week at school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peggy I am sorry to say I ate all chocolate as we waited for painted Indian to get us dug out of gorge...I sure hope he was handsome I didn't notice I was eating the chocolate. Peggy what was the tea you sent not the chocolate one...I loved that already but the other one you sent I want to order it fro Harney and for the life of me I can't remember what it was must be all that chocolate...hahahahaha

Judy I am praying for you and your sweet mama

Bunny hang in there with homework
Ladies where exactly are we now that we are out of the gorge...man my wings are slipping along with my butterfly mind...hahaha
well gotta fly
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  11:14:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Tammy...It is called Hot Cinnamon Spice. I like it a lot. When I to Barnes and Noble I order a Hot Cinnamon Spice Latte. Two
Tea Bags in Their biggest white mug with steamed non-fat milk. So Yummy! You will have to try it sometime.

Luanne...hope you made it home safely girl. Sounds like your are getting terrible weather.

Lorena...your weather sounds dreadful too. But hopefully you can have some fun with your child and make it a great
family time.

Bunny...hope your Fibro is doing better. Sounds like you guys have had some rough weather too. Not fun! All our
snow is gone and we had a dry day that was suppose to be rainy...so, I am very Happy!

Bible Study was good tonight. I'm tired though. Went with hubby to his ophthalmologist again today then we got stuck
in rush hour traffic for over an hour and that is with my husband knowing all the best routes out of bad traffic.

Off to finish watching some Olympics and then to bed with my Tea and Book.

Love and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  5:25:38 PM  Show Profile
Not much going on today. I'm a Valentines' day humbug. I have never had a boyfriend or husband that paid much attention to gift giving. Unfortunately I equate gift giving with being loved.

The only person I feel really loved me was my grandmother. She always had the nicest gifts for me when ever I came to visit. My father was really good at it too.

My mother... not so much. So I learned at an early age, if someone loved me... they gave me gifts.

Sad but true. So when I got married and my husbands didn't acknowledge my birthdays or give much in the way of Christmas gifts... I felt unloved. Most of my family doesn't do gift giving. I now see men that don't give gifts well as being stingy with their money. So if they spend money on me... I feel loved. I know... I'm broken.

Today was overcast and gloomy. Yesterday was so nice and sunny I could almost feel spring.
I finally made a doctor appointment. But because it is my first and an "well" visit, I couldn't get in until April. I'll deal with it. I haven't seen a doctor in about 8 years, a few more months won't make a difference. I will be able to actually find out what I really have. It could be Lyme disease as easily as Fibro. Although I know getting properly tested for Lyme is an miracle in itself. Once I know for sure, I think I will start the process for disability. I know it takes a long time. But I need to get it started. I don't have much time before I won't have a place to live.

I got another letter from my youngest in boot camp. He sounds good. Although the poor thing has had pink eye, he got infections in some cuts and was allergic to the medicine they gave him. He is allergic to sulfa. I am too. He said he got the worst rashes and ended up at the base hospital. He says he is all better now though. I'm really proud of him. My X is not only flying me down to see him graduate, but renting me a hotel room back in their town for a few more days so I can see Jesse for a few more days when he gets back home for his 10 day leave. My X is planning a party for him and wants me there. It is nice to be able to get along with everyone.

Well, I finally got my homework done for today. It was sooo boring. It was all about filing. A before B.. numbers before letters. I will be so glad when this quarter is over. I'll be able to start complaining about all new classes.

Later all!! Hope your spring weather is coming soon!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1505 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1505 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  7:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Popping in to say Happy Valentine's Day!!!

(((Hugs)))) Judy

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl/wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1505 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1505 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  7:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Glad you heard from your youngest Bunny!

Stay warm and safe everyone. Snowing here again... :(

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl/wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  7:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Judy, big hug! Sorry you and Momma are down. Spring will be here soon.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  1:35:23 PM  Show Profile
Well Thursday into Friday storm wasn't too bad. Dh got a Hershey kiss and a card and I got candy and a card yesterday. DS had a half day of school yesterday. Expected that there wouldn't be any but I was wrong. Gearing up for another blizzard tonight into tomorrow. 18-24"+. It's February, it's Maine. Oh well. DS was supposed to have Pinewood Derby tomorrow. But I don't think it's going to happen. Just hunker down. Do much needed house work.

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  2:30:52 PM  Show Profile
Peggy.....I forgot to let you know I received the tea!! Oops!! It was very nice.....loved the Hot Cinnamon Spice. When I was a kid I 'loved' Red Hots.......I would tip up the box and fill my mouth and let them melt slowly!! It was my heaven! :)

Judy.....you are surely missed. Sorry to hear you and momma are down....look in the mirror and put a smile on that pretty face.....sometimes that can help improve a dreary mood! :)

Bunny....it's terrific that your kiddo is writing often....makes up for his slow uptake...huh? How cool that you will get to his graduation and also visit. Guess your X ain't all bad! Two month wait for an appointment...I know you aren't minding but that's still crappy!

69 degrees and sunny! Yesterday the same and looks like tomorrow too! I feel guilty sucking up all this great weather while some of you are buried in snow and cold! But I won't trade!! LOL :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  3:05:26 PM  Show Profile
Peggy the next time I go to Barnes and Noble I am going to try that. I loved the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea.

My one son Hunter made it to state wrestling today. He is pretty happy. That will take place next week and then wrestling season is over. My other son has been bummed since he can't wrestle but he went and cheered for his brother today and I was so proud of them both. After Hunter won his qualifying match he came and gave me the biggest hug and I was teary eyed over that. I am realizing we have one year left and then they will be flying the coop. Sighing...they grow up so fast.

Well I am off to have some tea and read a bit.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  7:10:40 PM  Show Profile
This did not post yesterday...but I had copied it just in case. My Laptop is Evil Sometimes!!!! LOL

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GIRLS!

Bunny...I am just like you....in the fact that I believe if you love somebody you "Give" tokens of LOVE. My Mother
was like yours (other than Christmas) she was never a gift giver. I trained up my boys to show their love by giving
by my own example of giving to them for all Holidays. I sent all my adult kids Nice Valentine Cards and all the Grand-children
cards and either books or sticker books. I do that for every Holiday.

My husband bought me a pretty ruby-heart Necklace today and chocolates. My youngest son and DIL gave us a gift bag of Valentine
Goodies

So, Bunny I don't think you are broken at all...I think the men in your life were broken. They must not have been raised to know
that it is more blessed to give than to receive.

I am Glad that you heard from your youngest son and that is so very nice that your ex...is going to buy your ticket to see you son
at Graduation Time and to see your other son too. That seems like a gift from the heart to me.

Alicia...Happy Valentine's Back At YOU! Glad you popped on.

More Later Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  2:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Well Ladies,
Today was the first I was out since last week. I have 4 feet of snow along my sidewalks, fence and our one lane road is barely passable. Even after being plowed 4 times. There's no where to go with this snow! The tea did not go out last week and will go out 2/18 unless we get more snow.

Judy,
Poor Mama. It is the worst thing I ever had to go through and my heart breaks for Mama. After going through chemo, you never feel like you did prior to it. You feel better but all that poison does a number on the body! That becomes the new norm. Hang in there. Prayers for both of you.

Bunny,
I agree with you. Love makes you want to give gifts and receive them. Selfish and inconsiderate is a character flaw. We can learn a lot about people's characters by the way they treat and respond to others. At least they're your ex's! It is nice that your ex is doing that for you and your son. Some medications induce fibro so if you are on any meds, check the side effects. I was on a BP med and took myself off and my fibro ended. Now the cancer drugs cause flares.

Peggy,
No teas yet. I wasn't happy that I couldn't find the teas I wanted but when you live in the boonies that's the way it goes. Sorry about your BIL. Some people are not comfortable talking their illness. It makes it too real.

TLT,
It's time to cut the wings right off of your butterflies! LOL! Now you know why I wasn't a teacher! Good luck to your wrestler!

Love to all.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  6:22:48 PM  Show Profile
I think my X is realizing how important our little family is to him/her. I'm very thankful he/she is providing for me to go to San Diego.
Darlene, I don't take any medications. I have had this for over 15 years. It has progressively gotten worse in the last 3 years. Most likely from the stress of losing my house and business. Now it's here and I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm scared to try to apply for work because I know I just can't hold up. So pretty much everything a perspective employer wants to hear from me would be a lie. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm up moving around or in front of a computer. I can only do about 3.5 hours of school work before I have to lay down and take a nap. I don't think too many employers would go for that.

Tammy, Nice to hear your son's are so supportive of each other. You will be needing this forum big time when they move out! It was probably the most heart wrenching thing I ever went through with my boys. It's just not fun!

I got to spend the last two days sewing. I got one two dresses done yesterday and worked on some brooches and a dress today. I decided I needed something less expensive to sell in my Etsy store. I'm also going to work on some purses from all the scraps I have. I haven't had any sales in two weeks! I'm hoping it is because of tax time. I was hoping when the magazine came out it would bring more sales my way. But it hasn't. I'm not giving up!

Well, I over did it today so need to rest...

Until later..

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  6:52:38 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Stopped in a couple days ago and posted but poof, it was gone and I just didn't have the heart to try posting again. Frustrating, as many of you know.

Happy Belated Valentine's day to everybody. Bunny don't feel bad. To be honest even though I got flowers, a box of chocolate, and a bag of jellybeans it felt like he hadn't put any thought into it. No card. Just stuff he grabbed at Walmart. Granted my gifts were from the same store, but I thought about it a little and got him snack food which he loves and a wood media organizer to match the book case I got him for Christmas to put the boxes of CD's he's got in.

Judy - Honey I'm so sorry you're feeling so helpless. Take care of yourself. This too shall pass.

I got my second Bountiful Basket delivery Saturday. Wow, I can't believe all the food. Now I have to figure out how to use it up. I had a bunch of bananas left over from that last one that had been super green when I got them so I cut them up into chunks, dipped them into chocolate and then froze them. Got to love a frozen chocolate covered banana. For some reason my chocolate seized about half way through so I cut the chunks in half and put some of the chocolate in between and made a sandwich of sorts with them. I used some of the Asian
basket to make a chicken stir-fry for supper. Anybody have any ideas what to do with 3 bunches of celery? I don't eat it much and have no clue what to do with so many.

I finally managed to rip the sheets I bought from Goodwill into 2" strips today. I'm struggling with whether to purchase a twining loom, wait for M* to make me one which he says he can't do until he can get into his shed to get to his tools (so it will be a couple months probably), or just crochet one. I'm hoping after I make a couple for myself to be able to sell them for some extra money.

I spoke with my oldest son yesterday. The news is not good. His orders to Japan have been cancelled and it's looking like he's going to have to deploy with his unit back to Afghanistan again. You can imagine my anxiety over this. He hasn't told his wife yet. He's getting ready to drop paperwork for Warrant Officer and he's hoping that when he does his orders to deploy will be cancelled. I'm doubting it will occur as much as I would love for that to be the outcome. Good news is it will only be 3 to 9 months and he doesn't think it will be security this time. Please keep him and his wife in prayers. She is going to fall apart after what happened the last tour in Afghanistan.

Did anybody read that mystery, Shot in the Bark? Curious to see if anybody else liked it as much as I did. I just finished What the Amish Can Teach Us About the Simple Life. I really need to get back to reading Mansfield Park again but it's not one of Austen's I'm fond of. At least once it's done we'll move on to another book in my discussion group. Anybody reading anything good?

Okay, off for a relaxing bath and a cup of tea before bed. Frozen chocolate covered bananas are chilling on the porch so enjoy :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  12:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...it has been a bad Fibro weekend...with one storm coming in after another. I swear the worst part is the constant fatigue. It is awful.

Bunny...what you are going through is what I went through for years too. Knowing you can't work any longer is awful because no employer is going to deal with Fibro Issues as well as Chronic Fatigue issues. You need to file for SSD. It is a long drawn out business and you have to fight every step of the way to get it. And rarely does anyone get it the first time around. It took me two years to get it and then another year to fight for my back disability pay...which was a joke. In the years without work they only gave me 7 months back pay.
Then after you do
get on it you have to wait another two years to get medicare benefits.
So, if you are going to do it...DO IT NOW. Don't wait any longer. Plus they send you to one of their Dr.'s and one of their Shrinks
and you are constantly jumping through their hoops.
If you weren't insane before you started you will be be the end of the process. They should give you mental disability just for what they put you through.
The thing you will need to find out is if you have worked long enough to be able to get Disability or not.

Darlene...I think you girls in te Snow States might get your Tea by the end of summer at this rate. I'm sure it is in a snow bank somewhere. So Crazy!!! My DIL has been in Michigan for a week visiting her family and friends and the pictures she is sending via facebook are just overwhelming with
amount of snow they have. It looks worse than what you were talking about...at least compariable. I was ready for ours to be gone after just three days of it. It was completely gone in 6 days and we were all whining around here. We're just wimps though. LOL

Teacher Tammy...so happy to hear about your wrestler and how supportive the other twin is even though he can no longer wrestle at all.
My boys were spaced so far apart that by the time they left home...we
were wanting them to go get their own life. LOL It was hardest with the last
one though...because he was the easiest of the boys to raise. He wasn't rebellious in anyway like the other two had been.
Your boys sound like they are very good young men...so, I am sure you will probably suffer empty nest syndrome when they do move on to College or what ever their plans are.

Praire Tammy...just a couple suggestions on your produce. I take onion, celery, and red, yellow and orange peppers and chop them all up and put them in ziplock bags and freeze them. Then when I am making omelets or homemade Pasta Sauce or a Stir-fry...I have the main veggie parts all pre-prepped to use.

Then...I liked your chocolate covered banana idea too. Have done those myself...they are great under a 100 calorie snacks. To take it one step farther cut each big chunk in half and spread peanutbutter on one then put them together and dip in the chocolate. Even better tasting but then you are getting a protein with a carb.
I take bananas that aren't green and I chop those up and freeze them in ziplock bags for using in fruit smoothies for breakfast. It gives your smoothie a colder, icier consistency. My husband and I have a fruit smoothie everyday for breakfast. I usually make it a banana/apple/flavored lowfat yogurt/almond milk/cinnamon. Sometimes I change the fruits. DH likes
a scoop of Choc. Protein Powder in his and I would rather use flaxseed or chopped almonds in mine.

Just read a couple cheap or free books that I liked.

One was The Fat Woman Mystery and one was The Devil Drinks Coffee Mystery (that was my favorite of the two). And then one of my favorite Christian Authors
Lisa T. Bergren just let her facebook friends download a Trilogy for free for
Valentines Day and I read the First One and really liked it still have the other two to read...but the Trilogy is called The River of Time Chronicles.
1. Waterfall
2. Cascade
3. Torrent

The first book was nothing to do with a waterfall. It is set in modern time but does a time travel thing back into the Renaissance Era.

I am also listening to
John Grishams latest book Sycamore Row. If you like Court Cases you would probably like this...if not it would just get kind of long and boring for you.

Ok girlies...off to answer all my other email.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 17 2014 9:17:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  7:12:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, I'm still around. Thanks for all the uplifting wishes. We appreciate all of them, let me tell you!
Now Mama has a hard lump on her jawbone that Dave said worries him. It's not attached to the underside of the skin or the bone. Another trip to the docs....If the snow ever lets up. It started this evening and we got an inch in 20 minutes, then it stopped. They said we could get 3 to 5 inches by daybreak. I think it's just toying with us right now. Then they said rain and 50 by Thursday. SAY WHAT???
Hubby ordered roses for me for Valentines Day and they were suppose to be here last Thursday, but we hadn't seen them until today. They showed up on our porch, frozen and ruined and smelled like cabbage. *blaah* So we called our neighbors who always get our stuff and we get there's, because our house numbers are the same, but they live on a different street. They said yes they found them on their porch. So we thanked them for delivering them. No sense telling them that they were ruined. Lots of people don't check their front porches in winter if they use the back door. So, we called FedEx and found out that they delivered them last Thursday...to the wrong house and there they sat. Poor posies. They had been beautiful too. 6 red and 6 Victorian pink. Frozen. We got it all straightened out and got refunded and hopefully will get these 2 addresses figured out with FedEx...who knows. But I got a nice vase and a box of 10 chocolate, so all was not lost. lol...sad.
I just read one of Lilian Jackson Braun's "The Cat Who'...books. There are 30+ of those mysteries. I really enjoy them! I bought 3 of them and downloaded them to my Nook. Our library doesn't have the first 5 in the series, so I decided to read them on my Nook. So I will be reading those until I finish the whole series. I'm also reading an Inspirational romance, Love Inspired novel, "The Forest Ranger's Promise" by Leigh Bale. Those are always good books.
Well, that's about it for me for tonight.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  8:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny and Peggy
Dr Oz had a show today that had a doctor on that has fibro herself. She said to take B 12 25mcg daily and D5 Ribose 5000mg 3 times a day. If I get another flare with the cancer drug I'm getting it. The fatigue and pain is horrible. There are 18 trigger points and 11 have to be positive to diagnose. I was diagnosed years ago. My trigger is certain meds. See if you can go online and see it on Dr Oz.

PRose
Sorry your son will be deployed again. Prayers for you all. Your baskets of food are fantastic. I freeze like Peggy does. It's so easy to pull out and use what you need.

Judy
How do you have the same address as your neighbor's? Send all your bills over there then! LOL!
Frozen roses...boohoo! Poor Mama. Prayers coming your way.

We are getting 6" of snow tonight! The weight of the snow is causing roofs to cave in. Unreal.

Stay warm and well!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  09:30:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene, I guess I didn't say the address thingy very clearly. hahahaha We are both on a corner, one street apart, we are both 414, but we have different street names. ...and I'm SURE they would send my bills back over here in a hurry if they got them. hahahahaha Thank you for the Prayers!
We ended up with about 3 inches of new snow.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  11:20:01 AM  Show Profile
Morning...Porchies,

Darlene...for some reason when I take B-12 or Protein Powder...they make me more tired. I know that sounds weird and
impossible but it is true...and I don't know why. Maybe I will revisit the B-12 with the combination of D5 Ribose and
see if that will make a difference. ~ I'm like Bunny in the fact that I take no Fibro Medication other than a muscle
relaxer to sleep at night. If I don't...my body jumps all over the bed and even up and off the mattress sometimes.
I have been known to slap myself in the face with my hands or arms even...that is how violently my muscles spasm.

Judy...yeah our Judy is back. She has moved to live with the Neighbors but she is back! LOL Frozen Roses can look pretty.

See, aren't these pretty??? I wouldn't want to have to pay for them however so you do have a point. I can't believe any
delivery service would just leave them on the Porch in the Middle of Winter. Good Grief! LOL And Dave was trying to
show his love and cheer-up his Valentine. ~ I can see off my Porch and across to the Neighbors yard from my kitchen table
and they have a wooden fence that has grayed from our weather over the years but it has two knot holes that look like closed
eyes and something else on the wood looks like a nose and then they have a green bush (I think a Rhoddy) hanging over the top
that looks like green hair. It is so funny...but looks kinda like I feel today..."Fatigued"! LOL
When does mama go to the Dr. again? Keep us posted and we'll keep praying.

Ok, DH wants to go to BnN for awhile so, I better get out of my PJ's and throw on my face. More Later girls!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page