Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  11:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Still waiting for my tea and drooling as I read how much you all like it. LOL!

Heather, Love the pics. Makes me miss our horses. Used to be able to look out the windows and there they were. If we were younger we would still have more.

My sister went to Flowermound, Texas to visit her daughter and called to tell me it was 18 and had snowed. She's off to my other sister in Florida next and I hope it won't snow there!LOL!

Peggy, How's Elijah doing? When I worked in the OR, I helped do his surgery. Sometimes the opening is on the top or the bottom. Hope he's better now. I go to my oncologist on Monday and can't wait to hear
what she has to say. As bad as I was I am now fine. I just think it is due to the chemo and Tamoxafen.

Have fun on your trip girls and eat some chocolat for me!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  2:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Heather...my Scotty Dog loves this snow. I just got back from taking him out for a short walk to do his thing...and he had
so much fun jumping into the deep snow. I wished I had grabbed my phone so I could have taken his picture. Maybe later when we
go out. Our second storm is just coming in. Lightly snowing. It is fun to see all the kids out playing in the snow. Last night
my neighbor built a Snow Octopus (that was a new one for me) and some kids built a small snow man on one of the picnic tables.

Hubby and I went out and got groceries earlier...then I made a big pot of home made soup. As we get more snow who knows if we
will get stuck inside for a day or two. We both love to drive in snow...we both lived in Spokane, WA (lots of snow there
usually) and I lived in Montana were we walked to school in -40 degrees and that wasn't a windchill factor. I learned to drive
in snow in Spokane...so, I feel pretty confident out in it...it's the other drivers from around here that just freak-out
and then freak me out as the slam on their breaks on ice. Crazy Crazy Drivers...they make the roads even more dangerous.

Darlene...hi my friend. Some of you girls probably have your Tea Pkg Stuck in some Postal Truck stuck in a snow bank somewhere. LOL
But it is on it's way. I'm not sure I trust the Postal Service that much any more...in their "we will get your mail to you rain,
shine, snow or sleet or anything!" This past birthday...I received two birthday cards that had been mailed the year before....and
at Christmas...I got a Christmas Card that had been two years before. ROFLOL...are you kidding me??? One of them was from either
Judy or Patsy...and I can't remember which.

My Grandson is just doing fabulously from his surgery. I will post a current picture of him for you. Him and my two grand-daughters
are just my hearts delight. But since I get to see him more...I get to enjoy each new little achievement in his growth and development.

One Month Ago at 7 months...but I will go post a newer one from my phone. Be back in a minute.

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  2:43:03 PM  Show Profile

Baby Elijah...then Mommy and Daddy

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  6:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy
What a beautiful family. God is soooo good! I could just squeeze him. No wonder you're in love!

Hope I don't have to drool for a year or 2! LOL! We always get everyone else's mail. 25 pieces one day and none was mine. I drove it to their houses but I know I don't get all my mail. The PO said there's nothing they can do about it. Just a thought:Hire people that can read!

I love the snow. It makes me cook and bake like a maniac. Then I eat it!LOL! I just ate a banana so I don't go eat a piece of pie or cake. Do you think I'll resist? Yikes! Here take the chocolate cake on your trip and th coconut custard pie too. Well, you can't eat ALL chocolate can you?

Love to all.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  9:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, your grandson has the sweetest smile! Love it.

It has been snowing all day here. Thankfully it is suppose to warm up next week. I have a kitty sitting job starting Wednesday. Hopefully with 40+degree weather and rain! The snow should be melted by then.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  11:49:03 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...he is such a love bug and knows he has grandmama wrapped around his little finger.
All he has to do is smile or reach for me, or even when I pick him up and hold him...he will turn
side ways and put one arm around my neck. Melt, Melt, Melt...grandmama is just a puddle on the floor. LOL

Bunny...I think with that smile alone...I will have to beat the little girls off with a stick don't you?
I'm with you girlfriend...*SNOW BEGONE*...I'm done with it already!

Ok...off for a good read and my nice warm bed.

Miles of Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  09:25:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy....Elijah is just the most adorable, cutest lil' guy ever! Just makes ya want to smooch on those sweet cheeks. I can certainly understand how he makes you melt in your boots!! :)

Darlene....good to see you on the porch....Flower Mound is only about 20 miles northwest of me and they had worse weather than we did...although we had only an inch of snow it was 15 degrees....Texans can't drive in it and thus 250+ accident calls in 24 hours. Hope your sis has great weather in Florida!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  10:12:38 AM  Show Profile
Too adorable, thanks for sharing with us.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  12:37:35 PM  Show Profile
Happy Saturday my sweets,
Well I must have fallen asleep where the heck are we on our trip and why are we traveling in snow....sheesh I took this trip cause I want to go somewhere warm lol

Peggy your sweet Elijah is so darn cute. I love when you put up new pictures.

Bunny did you survive school this week.
Judy I hope you are doing well. How is your sweet mama?

Well it seemed like a long week in my part of the world. It was so cold and boy am I ready for spring. Being out in the cold just wears me out.
My butterflies have cabin fever too. It is too cold to be outside so they are flapping their wings all over. Still just laugh at them thinking I am old. Hilarious!!!!!!
Not much here I am going to make some cookies and read a book and just veg today.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  5:19:46 PM  Show Profile
TLTammy - great minds think alike!! Look what I did for all the porchies:

Everyone grab a cuppa! Although I like the sounds of Darlene's coconut pie better!!!! But, I've already had about a half dozen of the cookies.

Peggy - what a cutie pie! I think he's making us all melt just looking at his picture. Glad to hear he's doing good. A snow octopus huh? I would never have though to try that! Our snow is too fluffy right now. It won't stick together unless you pick up a chunk of ice, but those hurt in a snowball fight - I know because I had one with my husband yesterday :)

Darlene - glad to hear you're feeling better too. I'm glad you could use the fabric I sent to you. It's a wonderful thing that you do sewing those pillows.

Somebody needs to wake up Judy because I have no idea where we are either! Did we make it to Peggy's yet?

Well, since my hubby is out snowmobiling again (third night in a row) I'm going to go enjoy some quiet reading time and a cup of tea! Stay warm everyone!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  7:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Mel
You're right about the driving. My nephew left for work and was back in a flash because he said the drivers were all over the place. He's from up north so he can drive in it but wasn't risking his life! LOL! They have had a hard time finding a church they feel comfy in with lots of kid involvement. Any suggestions? My Florida sister's daughter lives in McKenney.

Old lady Tammy
I mean TLT. What a hot mess those butterflies are! LOL! If they saw this old lady they would probably think I was already dead! Out of the mouths of babes!

Heather
Today is a day that I could eat every one of those cookies. Yummy! I didn't resist the chocolate cake the other night and it was good! LOL! I lost 10 lbs when I wasn't feeling well but this snow and cooking and eating is adding it back. Whatever! The pillows are a blessing and the nurses in pediatric oncology tell me the kids hold on to them when they get their chemo. Breaks my heart. Glad it's a comfort to them. Chemo is wicked and I can't imagine the poor kids that can't even tell you what they are feeling.

Bunny
I am so happy for you and your sales and getting your degree and having peace while Mama is in California! Yipee for you!

Peggy
I went to see my 2 oldest GKs, 11 and 10,play basketball today. The next 2, 5 and 3, were there too. What a blessing! Sweet angels! God is good! How is your mother?

Judy
How is Mama? Is she on the trip or is hubby watching her? LOL!

LuAnn

We still haven't met and we are only 40 minutes or less apart. Time to make these sisters jealous. While they're virtual we can do it for real. We could meet at The Crossings, Olive Garden or name it.

Love to all.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  11:33:38 PM  Show Profile
POSTED ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY...

In Loving Memory or My Brother-In-Law Larry Turney who went to join The Lord and My Sister Debby last night at 8:00 pm 2/7/2014.

Finally Together Again!!! They were married for 40 yrs when Debby died on July 8, 2012

You both will be Greatly Missed!

(for what ever reason their picture would not post here)

Hard day girls...we had heard 2 weeks ago that Larry had only one to two months left to live.
None of us knew he was even sick. He lives in Spokane where my Mother does (and they have remained
close since Debby's death). His liver was 3 times larger than a normal liver. He never drank in
his life. So, it must have been some kind of cancer because he has battled that off and on for years.
He had Hautchkins (sp wrong) that was in Remission for 38 years, then had some cancers on his lips
several times. He smoked all his adult life. He was 15 yrs older than my little sister. She died at age 57 and he died at 73.

We got lots of snow...now freezing rain. All Churches have canceled Services and I am sure hardly anything
will be open tomorrow. It will be treacherous to even go out your door. Now, we pray we don't lose power
from frozen tree limbs snapping power lines.

More tomorrow....

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 08 2014 11:35:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  09:03:01 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies. It's a bright pretty morning, at least until you step outside and get hit with the cold air lol. Didn't sleep well last night for some reason. Hopefully it won't mess my day up too much. Yesterday I canned 6 quarts of beef & vegetable soup. I'd planned on canning some of the carrots today but M*'s concerned they'll be "mushy" so I guess that idea won't work. Not sure if I should just keep them in the mudroom and hope they don't go bad or if I should freeze them. I also baked a pie yesterday. It's edible but not as good as I'd hoped it would be.

He's already started watching the Olympic games and I'm already tired of them being on TV all day so I'll find something to work on today. Yesterday I went to Goodwill and bought several sheets to use to make a rug. I can cut those down today and wrap them into balls. I'd been planning on ordering a loom to make twined rugs on but M* informed me yesterday the Jeep is going to have to go in, it's leaking oil all over the place (sigh). It's not what I'd hoped to do with my tax return. Picked him up some Patterson novels and a couple books for me (as if I don't already have enough). Speaking of books, Kindle had A Shot in the Dark, the first book in the Lia Anderson Dog Park Mysteries series, by C. A. Newsome free the other day and I downloaded it and read it. Awesome book! I'll be buying the next one in the series. Knowing several of you like mysteries and love dogs this will be a great download for you and it's free.

I ended up taking Friday off work. Lacey got into a brand new, unopened bag of dog food Thursday while we were at work. They never bother unopened bags so I didn't think anything about leaving it in the kitchen. She GORGED herself and spent the night throwing up. When I got up to let them out Friday morning she was smelling like diarrhea so I made the call, better to be safe then have to clean up diarrhea in the carpet. Thankfully it didn't end up being full blown diarrhea. I started giving her pumpkin puree instead of kibble so I'm sure that helped, probably should have dosed her the night before but she would have probably thrown it up.

She ate all the PB cups!!! Not fair. I wanted some. I NEED some!!! LOL

Peggy - Sorry about your BIL. Lucky your little pup likes the snow. Oreo isn't big on it. I did take them for a walk last weekend and she was not too happy about it. Her paws just get too cold so I have to pick her up and carry her for stretches. The bigger ones love it though. If it wasn't for the wind I'd take them out more but it just cuts through whatever clothes you have on. Need to get some doggie boots for them and some snowshoes for me so we can hit some trails. I got my teas. I'm in love with that chocolate rose one!!!! Do you order it directly from the company? I found it on Amazon but it appears to be more expensive.

Well the dryer is about done so I can go cut up sheets to make fabric strips. Hope everybody has a relaxing and restful Sunday!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  12:31:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Girls
I've had a chance to get back and let you know what has been up with my family. The last 2 years has been hell with surgery on both hubbies feet and off work for a year. I dealing with the drama of my mom and brother. They are just toxic and have caused me some depression. That is all I can say about them . On a happier note hubby is back to work and doing well . Does have some pain from time to time. To be expected . He is looking forward to retirement in the next year at age of 55. Hoping he will find a part time job . Miss Katy our daughter has graduted from college with a degree in education. She came home in Sept. to stay with us while she looks for a full job and until she gets a full time job . She is working at Carson's as a sale person . She loves it and Im loving it too as I keep getting pretties at a great price. Job offers are starting to come in now and she will have to make a choose what to do. She is hoping to get a job in Lafayette home of Purdue. She'd be in a college town again about 1 hour from home . So we are in waiting mode. She didn't end up going on anymore mission trips but that is ok . She has a whole life time for that. As for me Im still working with my same nanny family and am still enjoying watching the kids go and grow. Im studying to take a test so I can sub in the schools. I have started canning again and doing a lot more scratch cooking which I have been enjoying. My crocheting is getting better and am starting to sew again . It has been so many years since I ve sewn. Then the big news is happening we are moving to a rental in southern Indiana this summer so we can be closer to the property when we start to build to. Im hoping the move is in God's plan. Which I think it will be. So between all the other things Im doing Im also trying to pack up and downsize a task that is very hard for me and I need a lot of prayer. I am getting some done but it is slow as I find things I say well I can use this for this or that will go in that room in the new house. So gald to have had time to stop by with a update . My goal is to stop by more often. So glad to see everyone is doing well and that we have new friends on the porch . Take care and have a great day !!!!

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Feb 09 2014 12:49:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  5:34:36 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie, so glad to see you back. Sorry about all the family drama.

Tammy (prairie) scary about Lacey. Bad dog!! I'm glad she is ok though. Sounds like the dog food needs to be stored in a nice solid can of some sort. The snow can be pretty hard on their little paws. I had my big Scooby dog who loved the snow. I would let him out at 2am when no one was around and he would frolic like a giant puppy. ( I miss the big lug).

Peggy, sad to lose BIL but glad he is reunited with loved ones. Sad that he suffered in silence it seems.

Heather!! Thanks for the cookies. Have my tea right here.

I'm hurting pretty bad today. Not sure why. I headed to the basement sewing room and did a little organizing. Nothing big. Just a small box for the Salvation Army. I cut out a quilt from my shirt scraps from my clothing creations. I used my die cutter so it went fast. But within a few hours of being down there, I started to hurt all over so bad I had to stop. So, a hot bath and a nap and I'm hanging in there. Not much energy but at least I don't have to go anywhere.

Time for dinner...later all!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  8:09:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Cold and snowy again here this evening - I can't wait for spring!

Darlene - would love to meet up in person - let's plan something as soon as the weather gets a little nicer!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  08:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy: Little Elijah just makes me want to love on him. Thanks for posting pics, he IS precious!

Getting lots of rain at the moment. Might get up to 4 inches of snow later! woohoo! it's about time! missing snow here. we usually get at least snow once or twice a year and it melts off in a couple days.

Heather:Thanks for the pretty cookies, almost to pretty to eat, NOT! lol

PGTammy: I'm sick of the olympics too already.
You can can carrots and they won't get mushy. Just follow the Blue Ball Canning Book if you have one.
You reminded me to download a Kindle App to my Android tablet. Wrote that down so I don't forget. That book sounds good. :)

Ruthie: good to see you again. sorry for all the troubles, saying a prayer for you and yours. God knows.

Bunny: sure hope there's nothing wrong with the air down in your basement.just sounds weird that you would start hurting after being down there a couple hours.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  1:03:15 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie glad you could stop by and hope the trials are over and good you can get back to the things you haven't done for ages. Praying for your organizing skills to kick in and you are able to eliminate all those unnecessary items.

Bunny.....hope you're feeling better today! :)

Peggy.....sorry to hear about your BIL.....sad that no one knew he was sick....but maybe he just thought he was sparing others.

Heather....yummy cookies!

Darlene..... :) I am definitely not the one to ask about a church referral...It's been so long for me, the church steeple would probably crumble when I entered, but I do hope your nephew is able to find one they love and works for them!

Well we lost an icon today! Shirley Temple Black passed away at 85! I so love to watch her on film!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  1:40:14 PM  Show Profile

My Bug in a Rug of Snow!

Hello My Porchies...
Finally made it out for awhile yesterday. After 5 days house bound the cabin fever was
setting in.

Today our snow is turning to slush as the rain came in last night and suppose to be here all week
long. All the snow should be gone relatively soon as the temps have warmed up with the rain.
My Scotty Dog thinks it is still fun to go romp through the slush. He loves water of all kinds, frozen,
slush, snow, rain...it's all good to him. Which would be fine if I could just let him out to
romp. But no...he has to be on a leash...with me on the other end...and I don't think it's so much
fun! LOL

WELCOME TO THE PORCH TIANA...hope you will come back and stay for a longer virtual visit. Great Farmgirls
on here.

Judy, Patsy, Heather, Bunny, PG Tammy, Teacher Tammy...are you guys stuck in The Gorge or what??? I told
you it would take a good five days for you to get here. LOL I hope there are some Peanut Butter Cups left
by the time you get here...you know me and my chocolate addiction. I've already eaten all the little Debbies
Sweetheart Pink Filled Chocolate Cookies...so you missed out on those for sure. I'm trying to stay out
of the Peanut Butter Cups and The Gauradehlie Squares.

Bunny showed a few friends your Jacket Picture out of Altered Couture and they loved it too. Do they send those
back to you so you can sell them???? Didn't you send in a red dress too? Hope you are feeling better from
your Fibro pain and tiredness. I'm still really tired.

Heather thanks for making the cookies....yummy. Good thing I don't bake when I'm stuck in the house...I'd be big
as a barn.

Ruthie...glad you made in on for a few minutes. Sounds like life and that impending move is keeping you plenty
busy.

Well girls, I'm going to Process Serve with Hubby...just to get out of this Apt. for awhile. 985 sq. feet can feel
mighty small when you feel trapped.

More Later girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  4:10:07 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I do get my outfits back from the magazine. The managing editor bought the dress and a friend of mine bought the jacket as soon as I got it back. I have three other outfits and a brooch project with them. I won't know until closer to May if they chose any of them. The red dress and another were there for the May deadline. They are having a slip challenge for August and the brooch project was in that deadline too.
I noticed in the last two days a big jump in my views on my shop. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Patsy, it's not my basement. It's most likely either fibro or lyme. I just haven't had the insurance until January to go to the doctor. I'm really not looking forward to the process of figuring out for sure what it is. I think I should try for disability but I don't look forward to the process. I'm really hoping my clothing sales make it for me. I can only sew for about 3 or 4 hours a day. Then I'm in bed for the rest of the time.

Just finished up homework. Ugg... getting tired of it. I'm doing ok though. Keeping up with A's and B's.

Until later!!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  4:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Another snowstorm coming Thursday - so what else is new??? This winter is really starting to drag. Think maybe I'll round up a few other snowbound farm girls and we'll take a virtual tour somewhere down South!!!

Peggy - still no tea in the mail - it must be in a deep snow bank somewhere! Hope it gets here one of these days - I'm really looking forward to that chocolate rose everyone is raving about!

Stay warm and safe all,

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  5:04:32 PM  Show Profile
Got the tea maybe I'll get a chance to taste it here soon.
Buzzzzzzy!
Great news Bunny.
Some dingbat did a nasty review of one of my books. It seems the read a sample and as it was set in Scotland in the 1300's it had modified Scots dialect. The review troll said I must be illiterate. Right. Some people are idiots. Ooops Sorry Lord. Anyway am in the middle of a book which is writing itself. All I'm doing is typing. ;) Later all. PS no snow, 0 at night, from 10 to mid 20's during the day. God Bless.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  5:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Tiana. You will love it here. How far is Hagerstown from Baltimore? That's where my son lives.

PGTammy: I finally downloaded the Kindle app to my tablet and got that same book "A Shot in the Bark". I always get excited when something actually works for me, so just started reading it.

Mel: I just loved Shirley Temple movies when I was a kid.Anytime she was on, we watched her.

Bunny: Everything in life is a process and hurry up and wait.
I hope your business can sustain you too.
Glad you are getting good grades. :)

Peggy: I had cabin fever setting in too! I think our place is 800 square feet at leastt.Your poor bug needs a roof over it. Went out to fill truck gas tank. It's a 15 minute drive to GA and gas was 3.11 a gal. we are under a CODE RED from 6pm tonight til 6pm tomorrow night. one inch ice is expected in GA. We saw snow while driving down there and none in NC! to funny, but we're expected to get from 6/10 inches in the next 24 hours. we shall see. got extra water drawn and food etc. in case power goes out.am ready.

..of course we're stuck in the gorge.. our car left the road and we got into some sand and couldn't get out. Then an Indian came by with a shovel and dug us out after several hours. boy, does it feel good to be back on the road again. *whew*
Your dog sounds so funny!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  6:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, No tea here either. Still drooling!LOL!

My tea going out tomorrow.

News said that the south was getting at least 1" of ice which would bring down lines. They said it would be a long time to restore it. Hope and pray not.

We are to get at least a foot on top of the foot we already have! I love the snow. I know I'm crazy!

Mel, I'm sure the steeple won't come down. LOL!

Cherime, Who cares what someone else says. That's only their opinion and doesn't make it true. Some people are only happy if they can hurt others.

Stay warm!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  6:21:01 PM  Show Profile
Darlene the problem is when they post it as a review on amazon all the lovely 5 star reviews get drug down by the troll. People usually are not interested in reading anything less than 4 stars.
Patsy, glad you got out of the ditch. No fun.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page