Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  12:18:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, those roses are gorgeous. Mine were nothing like that. They were just wet, mushy and had brown/black spots on them here and there.
I soaked them in cool/tepid water. I'm drying them by hanging them upside down in the basement to see if I can at least save a few that way.
I can't believe FedEx would leave them on a porch in freezing weather either, without having someone sign for them and take them inside. What's wrong with delivery companies anyhow? It's just a job to them....hurry up and get to the next stop.
Ya, Dave felt awful seeing them ruined like that. He loves giving flowers....and then THAT happened. He's a good man to be hurt like that!
I praised him and said that I could tell that they were gorgeous and thanked him anyhow. *sigh*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  5:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy
Gorgeous frozen roses! Muscle spasms are the pits and hurt sooo bad. When I was having chemo, the shot they give to increase your blood count, after they nearly killed you from the chemo, caused terrible spasms. It made me cry so hard that the dog ran away from me. I NEVER cry and I was sobbing for 2 days after the shot. I just don't tolerate drugs at all. I never smoked a joint but if I could have I would have tried it then.

Judy
We only had 2" today. Next comes the rain. Calling for flood watches. Getting the Ark out!

Expect your tea soon. Went out today.

Minestrone soup and pumpkin pie. Enjoy.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2014 :  11:44:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. It's been a very long couple weeks at my house. First hubby got sick with a terrible chest cold. I figured it was from too much snowmobiling. He was in bed for a few days while I did everything. Since I ended up worn out I got the crap now. No energy, everything hurts from coughing, etc. At least it is sunny and warm (39 currently).

Judy - Hang in there girl. Hopefully this bikini weather will help you feel a bit better. Prayers for you and mama! Bummer about the flowers. My hubby says he loves me everyday and doesn't get into the Valentine's spirit. Since he brings me wildflowers from the woods during the summer I can't complain.

Peggy - I had to chuckle at your cars blanket. That's what everything has looked like for weeks around here. We usually get snow but it doesn't usually last this long. The flowers are pretty in the ice. Was that at your place?

Sorry to cut this short, but hubby just hollered he needs my help outside.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2014 :  4:33:49 PM  Show Profile
Darlene - your tea arrived today (overnight - wow)! I know we live close, but that was FAST service. It smells wonderful - can't wait to make a cup. Thanks for the heart also - it is beautiful, and the cute card. It was such a treat to find something besides bills and junk mail in my mailbox tonight!

Peggy - your tea still hasn't show up. Like you said, maybe it's in a mail truck buried in the snow somewhere. It will get here eventually, I imagine!

Crazy day at work - we keep getting busier and hiring more and more executives, but no more support staff. I don't know how we are going to keep up, but we keep trying.

Have to go in early again tomorrow, so off to get clothes ready, etc.

Night all -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2014 :  9:36:14 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I was a stay at home mom for many years and self employed after that. I have to try for SSI instead. The internet says I should have 6 months of recent medical records with a local Dr. I know this will take a while. I just hope I have time to get it all worked out.

Darlene, I'll try the B12. I get spasms too. More like restless leg but my whole body. It wakes me up at night. I haven't slept through the night in years.

Heather, sorry you are sick. Hubby needs to take care of you now.

Prairie Tammy , what about cream of celery soup. That would probably use up a bunch of it.

I finally had a sale yesterday. A lady from Italy bought my duck dynasty vest...I wonder if they watch it there.

Well, it's bed time. I didn't sleep well last night so I'm pooped.

Until tomorrow...

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2014 :  09:02:37 AM  Show Profile
And, no I don't watch it. Just thought it was a good way to market a vest I made with an upcycled men's shirt with ducks all over it.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2014 :  09:40:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girlies....

Bunny...I don't watch Duck Dynasty either but my Granddaughter (oldest step granddaughter) dressed up like one
of them the other day and took a picture of herself and then posted it on facebook. Gave me a good laugh.
She looked like a Red-Neck but usually she is pretty much a girlie girl. I told her I would save the picture
and black mail her with it someday. Like when she gets her first real boyfriend. LOL Glad you sold the Vest but
somebody from Italy...that is a surprise!!!! ~ Get yourself to a Dr. and get diagnosed and at least get the ball
in motion girl. I can tell you right now that SSI pays less per month than SSD and they don't pay me enough IF
I had to support myself. My husband is on regular SS and between the two of us we can't live off our combined
benefits. That is why he had to go back to work 5 years ago. ~ Praying for you girl...it is a rough road for very
little compensation.

Luanne and Darlene...I am so sorry your tea hasn't come. That is just so crazy!!! And then you get Darlene's tea (Luanne)
like it had angel wings and flew right to you...express no less. I don't get it.

Heather...sorry you guys have been so sick. I got it early this year, before most other people. Glad to have it gone and
don't want it again. No, those Frozen Roses were shared by another Farmsister and I just thought they were beautiful and
saved the picture.

Judy...sorry that your frozen roses didn't look as pretty as the ones I shared the picture of. I had never seen roses freeze
like that before so it must have been a real quick arctic blast that caused a silver thaw over them.
Would like to ask prayers for my BIL Doug his cancer is back and is stage 4. I don't think he is going to make it out of
this...but I can't rule out (EVER) the power of prayer.

Well, talking about not sleeping Bunny...I went to bed at 2:30 this morning and awake at 6:30 gave up trying to go back to
sleep at 7:00...so got up and cut my hair, then took a shower...made a healthy breakfast and now I'm doing my internet stuff.
I know I will need to go back to sleep some time today because I have to teach Bible Study tonight.

It has been such a crazy week. I got a lot accomplished around the house but been in a lot of pain too. The Arthritis in my
right knee is now flaring every time the rain comes....on top of the Fibro. Grrr

Later My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2014 :  2:00:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello Gals! We had a thunder storm this morning, short and fast, then gone. Now it's just gray/40.
Darlene, I received your Tea-Package today too. Very nice! TYTYTY! I love any kind of cherry! I will be trying that one first!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2014 :  3:25:56 PM  Show Profile

Look at what I got today from one of My MJF Hen House Girls (Secret Sister).

That was a real mood lifter. DH and I have both been in a Winter Funk...just blah, blah, blah.
I'm sure many of you can relate to it. It is gray and rainy here too. Sick of Rain!!! In like
two weeks we have made up our rain shortage so far for the year. We were 8 inches below average
and now we are in Flood Stages. Crazy!

More Later Gaters,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2014 :  8:39:06 PM  Show Profile
Gorgeous, Peggy! Flowers in winter always lift the spirits.....well....that, and a good stiff hot toddy!!! *giggle*
Both of them warm ya thru and thru!!! heehee

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  03:42:12 AM  Show Profile
Our Judy and her sense of humor are back - yippee!

Have a good day all,

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  09:14:19 AM  Show Profile
I'm back! Still recuperating and recovering from my surgery, but find that I can write a bit with my right hand when it is not hurting. Good Physical Therapy I think.

It is fabulous to be back with all my farmgirl sisters as I have missed all of you and the farm this past 4 weeks.

Later I will post a picture of my beautiful "Peggy Hug Prayer Shawl" that my sweet dear friend and sister made me. Peggy you are the best thank you for all your love, support and care. I love you sister!

Have a beautiful fun and happy weekend everyone.
Hugs,
Debbie

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  10:00:57 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, I am so delighted to hear from you again and that your recovery from surgery is going well! I have really missed you and your input here on the farm. Keep making that Farmgirl progress because not too much longer till Spring and that means "All Farmgirl hands on deck!"" Guess what I got yesterday?( You are going to laugh.) I sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay and with those dollars, ordered myself a service of 4 of Emerson Pottery dishes with the apple pattern! Whoop!! If you go online at www.emersonpottery.com, look in their catalogue at the page with the apple bakers and pie plates, you will see the apple pattern. So, I called the company and asked them how possible was it for me to special order a place setting for 4 in that apple pattern to match my two apple bakers? They said YES! I expected a no so I was speechless at first. Apple love just got better at my house and of course I have the lovely Debbie embroidered apple pie dishcloth from our swap two years ago on the old stove. I just had to share!!

So good to hear from you today! You go Girl!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  10:12:12 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Winnie for the nice warm welcome back. You sound like me when I sell my treasures on etsy or ebay I always find something to do witht he extra money, buy more treasures for myself of course! I will go look at the pottery on emerson, I am so happy you were able to get the apple pattern I bet it is all beautiful.

Here is my picture of Peggy's Creation for me, the first one ever. You can see the armholes with the button below each, I put my arms through the armholes and bring across my chest and it is a long distant hug from Peggy. And she made it with very soft yarn and girly pinks and whites, I just love it. It is awesome. Thank you again.

Hugs,
Debbie

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  11:31:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farm-Buds, How is everybody? It is so W-I-N-D-Y today! BUT, it is drying up all the water. I asked God to sop it all up so that we don't have flooding around here. It would be nice if we could blow it all to CA. Our snow melted fast yesterday when it rained a little. Now it's just in patches and mounds where the road-crew piled it all up. Hey Heather .... is yours melting too?
Welcome back Winnie and Debbie! Nice Prayer-shawl, it looks really soft. Take your time and heal Debbie...don't rush it.
Mama just informed me that she fell yesterday, reaching down for the cat's toy behind something and lost her balance, and scraped her arm that she had broken before. She said that my Gr-Grandma did the same thing when she was elderly. She said that she always had bumps and scrapes on her arms. Lord, give me strength!!! I don't like seeing my sweet Mama this way! We were informed yesterday that her Oncologist is moving far away and we will have to go to another one. Fortunately, we weren't suppose to go to him in the first place. We were suppose to go to a closer one, but he had been on vacation, so we went to the one we went to. So....where to go from here...hmmmm....Prayers please!
Have a great day Porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  6:08:40 PM  Show Profile
Judy....it has been windy here also.........but we were lucky enough to have 60's and sunshine! Sorry about Mama's fall....and the oncologist leaving. Same thing happened to my hubby. He had leukemia and the doc that diagnosed him and started him on his first chemo moved away after three weeks while he was still in the hospital and a new doc came by and he was the nicest most caring guy. So, I think because of the nature of the specialty you're going to find that the next doc will be just as great.

Debbie.......the Peggy Hug Shawl is beautiful. I would expect nothing less from her. She is a darling! So glad to see you home and on the mend!

Peggy, the flowers are gorgeous, surely uplifting! You can send some of that water our way...we have been under a Red Flag Warning for several days! So very dry....the grasses just sn;ap and gusting winds...makes for great fire danger.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  6:33:50 PM  Show Profile
Yup Judy - we're a muddy mess! We had over a foot of snow on the ground and now we have some in the places the drifts were high. The rest of the place is mud and water. It's so windy I seen a field on the way to town that looked like a lake with the ripples blowing across the water. It's supposed to get cold again though. It was snowing a bit here this morning. I liked the thunderstorms better. At least I didn't have to wear my overalls! I'll be praying for you and mama.

Beautiful flowers Peggy! What a great pick-me-up. Won't it be wonderful when they're blooming outside all around us? I'm soooooooo ready for spring.

Debbie - glad to hear you're recovering so well! What a beautiful shawl.

Mel - I wish we had the power to send you some moisture. We definitely have some extra for you.

Winnie - what a great thing to buy! I'd love to one day get some pottery dishes!

I could use some prayers if you girls would. Nathan (my hubby) is trying to go look at a couple new farms for us to buy in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and North Dakota, but the weather just isn't cooperating. I need some patience and strength to stay happy here in the mean time. We had to sell a few heifers yesterday to make room and money for feed and it was very hard to do. I feel like I failed them by not being able to keep them. I know they're critters, but I get attached. They're my girls you know? I know God will show me the way in His time, but I'm having a tough time waiting.

Well I need to go to bed. Tomorrow's going to be a very busy day.
Hugs to all!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  10:26:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Wowsie...so many people on The Porch Today!!!! Woot! Woot! Woot!

WELCOME BACK Debbie and Winnie!!!

Debbie...so pleased that you like the Shawl and feel wrapped up in a big hug when you
wear it. BUT EVEN MORE PLEASED...about how well your recovery is going. That is such
an answer to prayers. (+:

Winnie...so happy for you over your Apple Pattern Dishes. My MIL had a set of those and
she just loved them too. I tried to go on that website you posted but it said it couldn't
be found. I will try again later to see if I can get on. Would just love to see some of
their other patterns. Not that I am in the market for new dishes but I love to look and drool. LOL

Judy...your mama sounds like my mom about thinking their falls are no big deal. Except my mom will use
the information for leverage to make you feel guilty at another time. Your mama is NICE and Sweet...she
wouldn't do that. I am so sorry that you have to start all over finding a new Oncologist for Mama.
That is insane. But God must have a plan and a purpose...for all of it. We will keep praying!!
~ Me thinks you might need a good HOT Toddy yourself girlfriend. LOL

Mel...sounds like both Texas and CA are hurting for water. The weird thing is...is that 3/4ths of The US
have plenty we could send you. Wouldn't it be nice if it was really that easy?

Heather...Oh, my goodness...how could your DH possibly be able to see what a Farm was really like, good or bad
under so much snow??? Might have to wait out the weather a few more months. I am so sorry that you had to sell
some of your girls. I can imagine how HARD that is on your heart. You didn't fail them girl...you did the best
thing for them under difficult circumstances. Keep your chin-up....praying for you!!!

Didn't do much today. I woke up with Fibro pain in my back and feet. DH was in Tacoma on business and my cleaning
gal came today...so she sort of just cleaned around me. I pretty much stayed in my chair and read all day.
Well, off to check my FB and then I'm off for tonight.

Hugs and Prayers Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2014 :  4:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Love all the pretty pics! Those flowers cheered me up just looking at them. :)

Just got my tea today, such a cute idea with the heart shaped mug mat. My blueberry smells like my apple cinnamon tea, so separated them for now. Thanks for the goodies, Darlene, ya did good. :) xo

Guess what we did today? We have a Port-a-Bote (google it, you CANNOT sink these) and we shoved it into the back of our truck, went to the lake and went fishing! Used oars cause the battery wasn't charged...O yes we did, it was sunny, 64 and no wind! woohoo! Talk about the Balm of Gilead, so soothing to my mental and physical need to get out of the house. lol Didn't catch a fish, but hey, it was fun!! Then came home, had a bowl of chili and all is right with the world.

Hugs n Prayers for all ...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Feb 22 2014 4:39:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2014 :  8:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mel, hoping Mama gets another nice doctor too.
Heather, sorry about losing some of your "Moo-kids". BIG((((Hug)))girlie. I get attached to everything too. If it has fur and big shining eyes that look at me sweetly...I'm a goner. Prayers going up for you too dearie!
Peg, so sorry to hear that them 'ole aches 'n pains were a knocking at your door again. You poor thing! Somebody needs to knit you a big'ole "Prayer Cocoon" so you can just wrap up in it like a sleeping bag and just stay there. I know-I know...you can get a leg-bag and cath for that problem, can't ya? hahahaha
Patsy, Dave wants to know if you had fish chili? (yuck) hahahaha Men! *sigh*
K...night girlies!Sleep tight! Me'n God love yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2014 :  9:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Computer has a virus for sure this time. ELECTRONICS...they get more viruses than people do.
So frustrating!!!!

We just got back from Church....great Service tonight.

Darlene...got my yummy tea from you today. Mug Rug is too adorable to set tea/coffee mug
On. It is going in with my Valentine Decor. Love it!!!! Thanks for the cute Valentine.
You did good girl. If you and Lausanne don't get your tea soon...I will resend yours.

Pasty...glad you got out of the house and went and froze your buns pig on the ice. LOL
Doesn't sound like fun to me...but glad you enjoyed it. The chili sounded good though.

DH and I went out for a late breakfast...then he went to work...and I came home and just
Read and walked the dog. Then when DH got home we went to Church. The day went by fast.
More tomorrow girls.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 22 2014 9:05:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2014 :  07:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Did I forget to say we wore long sleeved shirts!! It was an amazing day! 64 feels like 70 here. IT WAS NICE I tell ya, very nice.

Great way to start the day..hubby's sister calls and has no water pressure...sigh..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Feb 23 2014 09:00:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2014 :  08:23:47 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I too got your tea. Thank you for the cute mug rug. The blueberry made me think of spring!

Peggy, you need to download a free copy of malware bytes and ccleaner. That might help. You need to update the malware every once in a while to keep it current. Ccleaner cleans up all the stuff companies put on your computer without you knowing it like spyware.

Debbie, I love your shawl. Peggy you did a wonderful job. It looks very soft and snuggly.

Patsy, you are so brave!! Going out to the water this time of year.

Heather, I'm curious why you picked North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Minnesota for areas to move to. Is land cheaper there? So sorry you had to say goodbye to the girls. I wouldn't be able to do it. I don't think I could raise animals for food either. I'm not a very good farmgirl that way. I would have to learn to be a vegetarian.

I have been busy in the sewing room. I sold three dresses in three days. Had a bit of a dry spell and was getting worried. One of the dresses wasn't even on for a whole day before it was sold. I am half way to my monthly financial sales goal for supporting myself.
I also got a wonderful surprise from my Xhusband. He bought me a new laptop! Mine was dying a slow death from just being old and not enough ram. He bought it to make sure I had a good computer to finish my degree with. He really seems to be stepping up lately.

The weather has turned back to gloomy. I did enjoy the few days of blue sky and 50 degree temps. I finish up one of my pet sitting jobs this week and start a three day house sitting with two little corgis mixes. Should be fun. My kitties will miss me at night but I'll go home in the morning to do my school work.

My half sister is moving to Eureka in a few weeks. She is older than me and was adopted out at birth. So I didn't grow up with her. She is pretty dysfunctional and has no job. She keeps getting evicted because she is so difficult to be around. My mom found her an apartment through HUD and my mom and her dad are moving her there. I told my mom I would give her my old sewing machine, sewing supplies and tons of fabric leftovers if she would use them to sew things to sell. She use to sew for a drama department. She could eventually make money if she really made an effort. She is very resourceful when she wants to be. So maybe this will help her.

Well, enough for now. I need to feed kitties and get to my homework.

Later farm sisters!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2014 :  10:36:23 AM  Show Profile
Heather.... so sorry you had to sell your girls!! Curious about the states you chose to look into....good dairy cow states? Do you think you could get in to a warmer state? I'm freezing just thinking about Wisconsin and Minnesota. LOL

Patsy.....looks like you had a great day....out and about and fishing. Not always necessary to catch anything...it's just all about the ambiance! :)

Bunny....sad to hear about your sister....hope she can put your generous donation to good use!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2014 :  2:11:48 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...my son is going to look at my computer again tonight...and I will have him put on the best malware and clean-up software.
That is where I got into trouble I think...downloading malware protection software that was bogus. He will know what to download
that is reputable. Wow...I didn't even know you had a sister (1/2 sis). ~ So happy that your business is picking back up. That is
great. I couldn't believe that the magazine wouldn't have helped your sales...because that Jacket looked so cool. And personally
I don't gravitate towards Earth tones at all and I really loved the look of the Jacket. I showed it to a bunch of my friends too.

Hi Mel...you and Bunny asked Heather the same question I was going to about her choice of States to find a Farm in. Brrr! She has
chosen the COLD Country. WA, OR and TX are good places to raise cows. And Much Warmer!!!! LOL

Just got back from grocery shopping. Hate It!!!! Everything just keeps sky-rocketing. My dogs food is looking better and better
everyday. LOL I do once a month shopping when I get paid and then DH does the fill in shopping each week. But geesh...just between
Wal-Mart and Winco...I spent $350.00. Walmart is all the stuff you buy monthly that you can't eat...the Winco is the Food. I use
to spend 200.00 dollars for more than I am getting now for 350.00 and that was just like 6 months ago. It is crazy!!!

Not much on my agenda today except getting some Farmgirl stuff to mail-0ut and taking a nap after all that shopping.

Hope everyone of my Porchies are having a Good Day!!!!

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page