Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  5:08:22 PM  Show Profile
......or it could be my better half, Dave that you are thinking of! So many Dave's ...so little time(to wring their little necks)! hahahahahaha(just kidding...most of the time) *giggle*
So...Peggy(Sue)Ann...giving something away are we??? I'm always up for a little something(usually in a glass, on the rocks, with a cherry or warmed just a titch in the micro for a few seconds)hahahahaha ...but I digress! Sign me up Girlie!...and get rid of that snotty stuff already, will ya! yuck...(hands you a DRY hanky....that old one is so wet you're leaving damp finger prints on the screen)....*eewwwww*
**wiping off smears with sleeve**
WOW...93 people for a dinner Luanne...you almost need a stadium. Do you visit and chew the fat with all of them...is that even possible??? Again...WOW!!!
Peg, Dave does NOT like craft shows....hahahahahahahaha ..... THAT's TOO FUNNY! Wouldn't the men-folk he works with at the jail like to get THAT rumor started! hahahahaha...." Oh yes, I saw Dave over at the tatting craft table looking at dainty doilies!" hahahaha*snort*
**dabs eyes** grabs back that clean snot rag I just handed you**
Mama has her (lower)scoping Friday! Keep the poor frail lady in your Prayers Please! it's just one thing after another these days. I just hope they don't find anything worse than what she's already gone thru, ya know?
Well, it's 8PM and time to go watch a movie with Hubs before he has to turn in for the night. 4:30 comes around pretty fast.
Night Girlies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  5:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Judy...you are grossly *giggle* funny!! LOL

Will keep your mama in my prayers.
My DH has Glaucoma Lazar Surgery this Friday. So,please keep him in your prayers.

Have you down for the Give-Away! But no hot-tot-ties coming your way...I can't contribute
to your delinquency. Hee Hee Ho Ho! Dave will have to!

You are so stinken funny girlie!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  6:36:42 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! I just went out with the furkids and it's snowing!!!! I always get excited about the first real snow, there's something still magical about it even at my age LOL.

Before I forgot I am working on the tea swap packages so please be patient. I worked on them over the weekend but with not feeling totally great and the mandatory overtime at work is not helping me get them done. I will have them out before the end of the month.

Bunny - sorry your oldest son didn't pass the physical but he knows what he needs to work on for the next round. As for your youngest son, many of us joined the military for the same reason. It's a plus on any resume and can get a person a job easier in the future. The job opportunities are amazing. Having been in the Navy, having been a Navy wife, being an Army mom, and having worked with the Army I totally know how difficult it is. Just think of all the creative things you can do though sending care packages LOL

PeggyAnn - girlie you seriously need to get better! I have some leftover chicken noodle soup in the frig. I'm still fighting whatever bug I've been fighting for the past 2 weeks. I'm tired of being tired. If it's not too late I'd love to sign up for the drawing! Wow, that's an impressive amount of posting. Also a belated Happy Birthday. I really need to get the birthday list and put it on my calendar to remind me of these things.

Heather - Hope you have a Happy Birthday! Have you ever been up to Frankenmuth in Michigan? It's a Christmas town open all year. Pretty cool but NEVER go this time of year as it's overrun. I bought a ton of ornaments the last time we went to Bronner's.

I'm off to do a bit of reading and drink a cup of tea.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  6:59:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Miss Peggy,
I have been lurking I am knee deep in keeping butterflies in order....sheesh it is Friday yet?
I have missed yall deeply lately so trying to get on more often.
well dryer buzzed
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  11:34:52 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Gypsy Tammy have you down for the Drawing.

Teacher Tammy can I put you down for the drawing too???

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  07:27:49 AM  Show Profile
I would love to sign up too Peggy! How long have you been on the forum? It's been almost a year for me.

No, I haven't been to Frankenmuth, but I would love to some day. I can't even imagine what it would be like this time of year! I'm thinking a summer trip would be best.

I love making gifts. Sometimes I buy some too, but I always try to find something to make. I don't like when people buy me cheap thoughtless gifts (especially my immediate family). I'd rather they just make me something.

I have to get back to work. I'll be praying for momma and your husband Peggy.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  07:41:22 AM  Show Profile
Can I join in?

I'm kind of on again/off again on the forum, but with the new job I have more time to be here.

We just moved from a very rural farming area of Ohio back home to Cherryville, NC where we're in the middle of the city. It's great being close to my parents and back with family and friends, but I miss the snow in Ohio. I loved the snow.

So good to be back home!!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  08:04:59 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch Stephanie! I just made a cup of tea and it's been bugging me that I forgot to tell you all my Thanksgiving plans so I had to come back :) We celebrate Thanksgiving the old fashioned way - eating too much! My mother-in-law has Thanksgiving at her house and my father-in-laws side of the family all comes (he has 2 unmarried brothers, one sister that is married but doesn't have any kids so they don't have anything to do). We have the traditional meal - turkey and ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls, cranberry salad (my favorite part!), pumpkin pie, along with other desserts and appetizers. We get together for lunch then after evening milking my husband and I usually walk over and graze again! Maybe the next day too. This year my sister-in-law is dragging her husband shopping on Friday morning so her 2 kids are spending the night at Gma's. We'll probably go over and see them again.

Back to work I go....

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6436 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6436 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  08:11:11 AM  Show Profile
We got Snow! It started last night and snowed off and on, right now at 9am as I write this I am looking out my Craft/Sewing Room window and it is snowing again. It is so pretty, and the snow makes it so peaceful and quiet. Can not see Pikes Peak Mountain as it is covered in fog but I know it is getting a lot more snow than we are. It will be a very cold day and night, it is 25 degrees right now and that is our high:-)
How are you feeling this morning Peggy, I do hope better. Wish I were there to make you some homemade chicken soup as well.
Have a beautiful day Porchies, stay warm and Be Happy.
Hugs,
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  09:05:15 AM  Show Profile
I sure wish it would snow as the temperature usually comes up when it snows. At least this am it is zero instead of -10. I need snow so I can pack it around the base of the house to keep the cold air out. In the meantime I'll beg a bit of white chocolate fudge with apricot pieces in it for all us porchies. She makes it every year at about this time and I am first in line with a hand out.
Blessings all.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  09:07:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Judy, sorry Mpomma isn't feeling up to snuff. I'll keep her in my prayers...Peggy, same for your hubby.

Both my sons are coming to Thanksgiving with their dad and possibly a friend. She doesn't have any family so I told them she was welcome. Thanksgiving here is a bacon wrapped turkey, stovetop stuffing, mash potatoes made with tons of butter and sour cream, cranberry jelly in a can and apple pie. Notice no veggies? They never eat them. I gave up. They never liked my homemade stuffing and begged for the box of stovetop garbage. I'm just thankful they are coming. I have not seen my youngest for three years. They all have to work on Wednesday so they leave California at 1am and I have dinner ready when they get here. It's about a 12 hour drive.

Mom is doing great in California. Her reverse mortgage came through thanks to our local congressman having a word with FHA.

I keep sewing and doing homework. Only a few more weeks left of this quarter. Then I get a 3 week break for sewing like crazy before the magazine comes out.

I signed up for a kitting class to learn how to make mittens. I never get out of the house unless I need food. I decided I need some socialization. They also have a free knit day on Wednesday. I'll probably go to that every once in a while. I have 4 classes next quarter so not sure how much extra time I'll have. But I have got to get out of this house sometimes.

Love hearing about the first snow for some of you. I miss living in the forest and the first snow.
Sorry about the colds though. Hang in there. Teacher Tammy I bet a bout of colds for your butterflies would slow them down a bit.

Peggy, I would love to be in your drawing. Prairie Tammy looking forward to our tea this month.

Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  09:09:42 AM  Show Profile
Where did the other sentence go??? My DD makes the fudge.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  09:12:55 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, scary stuff with DD! Glad you found her. Sounds like a major battle ahead to get her a workable pump.
Awesome that you sold two books already.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  09:34:07 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, it was funny but God guided me right to her. I drove in and there she was. It was a driveway I usually do not use going into that parking lot as there are three. It was very scary. Thanks on the books.
On the note of books, I notice that Smashwords now has added Dropbox to its site so one no longer has to go through a bunch of steps downloading stuff from there. I discovered this while finally finishing up a project for a sick friend. Grace was diagnosed with liver cancer. She went for the usual treatments but something went horribly wrong. She is no longer receiving treatment. But over her lifetime, she had written many poems, short stories and reflections. Finally I was able to get everything into a proper form in order to publish them on Smashwords for her. Grace is not computer literate. She is a believer and the cover of the book I did up from a photo she took on a trip to Israel. She was crying yesterday when I finally managed to get the book to upload onto Smashwords. She is staying with one daughter and it was a big family thing when they were all in the kitchen looking at the book online. It was one of the most difficult books I have ever had to work with only because of it being poetry and for some reason, the computer fought us every inch.
So porchies this is the link if anyone is interested.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/380060

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  4:41:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...good to see so many on the Porch today! Yahoo...just how I like it.

Welcome to The Porch Stephanie...so glad to
have you! Pull up a rocker, grab a mug of tea or coffee and sit a spell and get to know us and let us get to know you. Once you have been on here a page or two then you become an official Porchie and Not a Newbie!

Heather...thanks for coming back and sharing your Thanksgiving plans.
I love to hear what everyone is doing. It has all become so different and enteresting in everyones lives...how we each celebrate this Traditional Harvest Dinner. Everyone's ways are PERFECT...for each Farmgirl...because that is their family tradition. There is no right or wrong way to do it anymore.

Debbie...Oh, you got some pretty snow!!!
I do always love to
watch that very first snowfall. And I always have to go stand out in it for a
few minutes too.
Enjoy!!

Cherime... I have never heard of that White Fudge/with apricots but it sounds like a good combination.
They is great that you got your friends poetry book done for her. That I am sure meant a lot to her.
You are such a good friend.

Bunny...so glad to see you on The Porch...have you been sewing like a fiend?? I am happy that your Family is coming for Thanksgiving. That is awesome!!! Did your mom go to her boyfriends in California? Or will she be there too?
Oops...I just re-read your comments and you even said she was in Cali. Glad the reverse morgage went through for her.
And good for you for signing up for a knitting class. I have never made mittens before. Let me know how it goes for you.

I am still sick but better...I decided NOT to go to Bible Study tonight because I don't want to give anyone what I have...especially a week before Thanksgiving. So, one of the other gals will conduct the Study. She won't be able to bring all the extra teaching that I do...but they will still get the basics.
It was a Birthday Night for two of the gals tonight too. One just turned 50 and one 70. So, they were Milestone birthdays and I hated to miss...but sent them both something via my DIL.
I did get out for awhile with hubby. Just a couple hours of riding around in the Sunshine was a mood elevator for me after being stuck in the house for the last 7 days. He was just doing Postings on Foreclosures today...very simple, and no dealing with mad people. So, I just went with him for a couple hrs and came back home.

Well, guess I better go think of something good for dinner. Simple but good...I still don't feel like cooking much or eating much either.

Have a Nice Evening
My Sweet Friends,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6436 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6436 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  11:23:34 AM  Show Profile
Porchies, it is still snowing! Could not go to Book Club this morning and lunch with my girlfriend, so we will try tomorrow. Although the weather man says it will be like this through tomorrow afternoon. But, that is fine with me I absolutely love being snowed in and it is so very beautiful.
Peggy I am glad you are feeling a bit better and you were able to get out a bit, that always helps.
Well, back to work, trying to get some Christmas Aprons, Linens and other treasures in my Etsy and Ebay Shop, I am so far behind. Every morning at 5:30 am I iron more Christmas Linens and still am not finished. Guess that means I have too much, so that is why I am trying to sell some through my shops.
Have a beautiful, warm weekend Gals and Please Be Happy.
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  12:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, glad you are feeling better. That white fudge is sooooo amazing.
Temp came up to around 30 again and its back to sliding around. Got to go out and put grit everywhere now.
But I did get a full 4 star review on my book Highland Light. Yipee. Snoopy dance for sure.
Blessings all.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4885 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4885 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  12:11:25 PM  Show Profile
Chermine, Congrats!!! and you have the most amazing pictures on your blog!!!! We are excited down here in W. Tennessee, We may get SNOW flurries for THANKSGIVING! Unheard of here, has never happened in my lifetime so far!
Peggy, Glad your better!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  12:51:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome girls!

I just sat down with my coffee and am taking a break at work. Let me share a bit about myself - I'm 30, will be 31 on the 1st of December. Most of my life I've lived in the Carolinas, but we spent the last year in Ohio. Hubby and I have been together for 6 years and married for 8 months, we are childfree but have 7 cats, Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, Tiny Tim, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret, and 1 grumpy pony, Starbucks andrears.

When we lived in Ohio we had a small farm with the pony in the back then we moved to a little house and barn in the middle of a huge farm. Now that we're back in NC the pony is boarded we live in a small city. I miss my farm and I dearly miss the snow. The brutal cold and wind we dealt with being close to Lake Erie isn't missed, but I love snow. I'm quite thankful to be back at home and near my parents (kathyc that posts here) and friends, but there are parts of Ohio I'm missing.

Along with the move my hubby and I both changed jobs and we're making a lot less, so I'm living on a shoe string budget. The bright side is I've been working 70 - 80 hour weeks for 3 years and with my new job I work 35 hours, have 2 girls in the office I love, and it's a much happier place to be. Hubby has a crappy job in an inbound call center doing sales for AT&T, but we're still looking and praying for something better.

We're renovating our house here in NC and hope to have it done next year. It's a 1908 Sears Craftsman house that needs a lot of love.

I'm also a semi professional photographer with a small weekend business that my mother is also involved in shooting weddings, families, etc...

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  5:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girlies!
Welcome, Welcome Miss Steph! So good to have another (OHIO) Porchie on here! *giggle* Where was your little town in Ohio? Curious! As you can see, I'm from NE Ohio, Stark Co. I love Ohio. I thoroughly enjoy the 4 seasons! My sister(she's on here sometimes too)moved to Franklin N.C. about 12 years ago, after living in Ohio most of her life. She seems to like it. It's too damp and humid for me. But I like to visit in the Spring or Fall.
Well, Mama had her procedure today. They removed 1 polyp and told her that she has a few deep inside and gave her some suppositories to see if they will go away. What else can they do, ya know? There is a limit even to modern medicine. The worst part was waiting for 2 hours just to get in to have it done. When we complained to them one of the nurses said, "You shouldn't come in on a Friday, it's always busy." Well, we didn't schedule it...they did. duh And he was booked thru December. so...ya...double duh...*giggle*
So Mama was starving when we got out of there but was unstable so I took her home and went back out and got some spaghetti for us with garlic bread. She didn't do too badly with that. After I left she was heading to bed. Poor thing...wore out.
Well, I'm having some chocolate-mint tea that Republic Tea sent me as a freebie with their catalogue(love those)teehee Pretty good tea too. Then I' heading to bed too I think. Stress-tired!
Night Porch-Buds!
Keep warm!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1500 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1500 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  6:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hey girls sorry I have been MIA for so long!! How is everyone enjoying Fall? We are expecting winter to blow through tonight. :( It's been busy!! Blog tells all about it.

Having some Black Cherry tea sent by a porchie!! :)

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  6:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Judy -

I lived in Akron in Summit County and Wooster in Wayne county. Hubby worked for a beer distributor and had Stark, Summit, Wayne, and Portage counties in his territory. I rented from the Smuckers in Wooster. They were great people.

We're having Thanksgiving today with my SIL and her family and will spend tomorrow on their boat. They live in SC and have 4 kids. It's so much fun to be here!

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  2:58:27 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sonday girls,
It is cold here and we had our first snow this week. Thank goodness I only have school two days this week and then off the rest of the week. This year has already been long but I know there is reason for this hard season in the classroom and God has been giving me a few breathable moments.

I have been crocheting at least one row each night for stress release. I am working on a blanket. So far it is coming along and looks pretty nice. I am really enjoying this project.

Miss Peggy you may put me down for the drawing if it is still going.

Steffic welcome to the porch. Love it when we have more join us. We always have room for more.
Bunny so glad to see you here. Do you get much of a break for Thanksgiving?
Judy praying for your sweet mama. So sorry for all she is going through.
well time for a cup of tea,
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4885 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4885 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  3:43:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porch Family, you will laugh at me, those of you used to real Winters! If is freezing here, only 39 for the high and the wind is gusting from the North! We are not use to this kind of weather here in West Tn. until Jan-Feb. Chance of sleet and Snow Mon. and Tues. back to 58 and Sunny by Friday! I start my Cooking for Thanksgiving tomorrow, Cornbread baked for dressing, Tues. Pumpkin Pies and Apple- Carmel Cake, Wed. Chopping and prepping Turkey, Make potato Salad and cook macaroni for Mac and Cheese. So I probably won't be on the computer much, So I want to wish all of you Happy Thanksgiving Farm Sisters! hugs!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  4:56:51 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! It's been a busy weekend. My birthday was Thursday so I took Friday off work (company comps us one work day the week of our birthday). Friday night we went to a the local dinner theater and watched Southern Hospitality. They did really well especially for such a small group. Saturday we investigated one of the local towns, Valley City. It has some awesome antique shops and thrift stores! I picked up this sweet tea pot for $5 and this set of nutcracker salt & pepper shakers for $3 for the set.

I dressed warmly for our outing, woke up to 9' with -9' windchill although the sun was blindingly bright. Mock turtleneck, hooded sweater, and flannel lined jeans along with my down coat helped me stay warm. Thankfully the wind didn't pick up until after we'd eaten supper and were driving home. Today the temp was over 40' and sunny. Managed to get the dogs out for a wander before dark. Tried to vacuum and neither vacuum wants to work...ugg. M* woke up in a bad mood so I decided to sweeten him up a bit and made him some orangecicle cookies with orangecicle frosting. It worked LOL.

Bunny - once you get the mittens class done try the sock class. They're highly addictive LOL

PeggyAnn - how are you feeling? Any improvement?

Stephanie - welcome to the Porch!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page