Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  10:09:58 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Glad you got some snow sissy! Would love to see some, but down here, it comes (maybe) for 3 days and that's as long as it stays.

I posted before all your cute pics of you n the kids Peggy. Kinda snuck in on ya. teehee

Well, hubby n I are headed for the dentist, he needs a couple teeth filled and we are leaving now. Just wanted to say "HI" and see who posted.

Toodles for now.

hugs n squeezles

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  5:03:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm almost envying those who got snow, ALMOST LOL. I'll get hit soon enough. Decided to try something a bit different tonight. The man has a habit of turning on the tv and then going into his computer room and gets mad if I turn it off. Before he could turn on the TV I turned Pandora on and put some Fusion Jazz on (he likes jazz) and started to make supper. It worked, he hasn't tried to turn the TV on and we both worked in the kitchen. I got supper prepped - a roast chicken with olive oil and Herb Provence rubbed into it, some biscuits, and roasted California mix with some Italian dressing. He got the dishwasher loaded and unloaded. Tomorrow I'll take the carcass and put it in the pressure cooker and make stock for chicken dumpling soup. I'm really looking forward to that for Friday night.

The weather here has been all over. Yesterday we woke up to 6' with 1' windchill. Today I get off work and it's 51'. Nutty.

Patsy - I agree, they do expect employees to wear too many hats and without good pay. I was appalled at how hard management works for what they get paid - salaried workers so they make them work 6 - 12 hour days a week. Not worth it. Work to live, not live to work.

Judy - M* does that to his cat ever year. She hits a snowdrift on the porch and then dashes back into the house lol. He feels it ensures they won't want to go outside since they're indoor cats. I don't think it works personally except in the winter :O) When we redo the deck I'd like him to put up a door so we can let the dogs out or the cats and they can be outside but contained.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  7:50:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I am popping in before bed. it has been a week...and I am bit down tonight. My butterflies just wear me out and then I had a student in my 5th and 6th grade class that I teach reading to go to principal because I wouldn't change her grade on a quiz. The test was last week and I had explained three times why her answer was wrong. My principal did not back me up. It upset me a great deal. I did not change her grade. For goodness sake it was an A and I just don't think it was fair to me. Especially when I can prove it was wrong. These kids in this particular class think they should get their way on everything and if they don't they go straight to our principal to get her to give what they want. I work hard and while I am not perfect, I expect support.

My regular class butterflies are driving me crazy as they don't do homework, talk...I could go on. By the time I get home I am exhausted.

Had bible study last night which is always good and helps me get through the week.

Anyway I was missing yall and I was afraid the posse might come searching for me and well my butterfly wings took a turn for the porch.
Hopefully I will make it back tomorrow.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  12:21:39 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

OK...where is Bunny and Cherime, posse is rounding up!

Teacher Tammy...I could feel your discouragement all the way to my heart tonight. I am so sorry that your
principle won't back you up. For crying out loud WHO is the teacher after all??? I would seriously be thinking
that Retirement was sounding pretty good about now. Sounds like more than just your students need a good
wing clipping. I just can't believe your principle. ~ I remember when I was a Senior in High School and I took
both Speech and Debate that year. Well, the final for the Speech Class Was an Assignment for Supporting or Not
Supporting The Need for Higher Education after High School. And whom ever won that Assignment went on to Speak
in an All City Speech Competition. Well, low and behold I won the School Competition (and being the Rebel I am)
I went with the Argument That Higher Education was Great but not Necessary to Become A Success in Life. I beat out
several 4.0 Students and they were non to happy. I only carried a 3.6 or 8 (I can't remember now...too long ago).
I went on to take 3rd place in the All City Competition which wasn't bad as there were 17 of us competing. I was
happy with that. I got a certificate and an alligator leather wallet. Plus I got an A+ my Speech Class. All that
to tell you ...that our final grades came out the following week and one of the girls who was a Cheerleader and
normally a 4.0 Student had gotten a B in our Speech Class (and I guess she had never gotten a B before...poor darling)
and when I walked into class she was begging the Speech Teacher to change her grade to an A because it would knock her
off her 4.0 status...and he didn't want to because she didn't deserve it...she hadn't earned it...but she continued
to beg until he through up his arms in defeat and changed her grade. I was so MAD...I just packed up my books and
walked out of the class before it ever started. Several days later my Teacher asked me to stay after class so we
could discuss what I had witnessed...and let me tell you, from that point on I had no respect for that teacher anymore.
I guess If I hadn't fought so hard to stay on the Honor Roll myself...maybe it wouldn't have mattered to me...I don't know.
But my good grades in school only came in my Jr. and Sr. years of High School because I worked my butt off to get them.
School never came easy for me ...like it did for some students...I was up every single night those two years doing homework
until one or two in the morning...and had to be up to get ready for school by 6:30 AM. So, yeah, I was Mad...and obviously
I still am. LOL All of this just to say...I understand your hurt and pain Tammy. It is an injustice you can really do
nothing about and that makes it a bitter pill to swallow. I'm sorry my friend! I truly am!

Prairie Gypsy Tammy...I think your music idea was pure ingenious! Speaking about music...I found out today that K-Love Radio On-Line
Station is playing Christmas Music already and so I started listening to that today. It was so nice! I usually start listening to
Christmas Music about the end of October...here at home. My kids always thought I was crazy...except my youngest son and he loves
listening to it early in the Season too.

I am tired tonight. I spent most of the day doing just two things. Preparing My Bible Study Lessons and then doing my own personal
study and prayer time...then I switched over to Mail Art. I did one rather elaborate piece for my person for this month...and then
there is one Mail Artist that I don't think her persons have mailed her anything in 3 months time (makes me cranky when people don't
follow through with their commitments)...so, I decided to make her a nice piece of Mail Art...even though I believe she is quitting.
I just felt so badly for her. I now have one or two people who have signed up to be Mail Art Angels if I need someone to make an
extra one...because I can't do it for everyone. Just organizing mail art every month is enough work.

And for some reason...my creative juices were causing me to be hungry all day too...so I seemed to graze all day and tonight I feel yucky.
If it was salty or sweet and I found it...I ate it! Bad Peggy!!! I am a Stress eater...but I wasn't stressing. That is what is so weird.
Oh well...'Tis The Season to put on lbs. I do it every year...and hate myself later.

Anybody else get snow yesterday or today??? We had a rather sunny and lovely day. Next week are highs will not get out of the 40's...so,
that means we will have some cold nights to look forward too. Reese Witherspoon is doing a Movie over in Portland right now...and they
brought in fake snow for one block down town. It was a City Parking lot and they had old cars from the 40's and 50's in the lot...so,
the Movie must take place in that time period. They were showing pictures of it on the News tonight.

Well, I'm off to read my Mystery Book and then go to sleep. It is after midnight.

Sleep Tight My Porchie Angels,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  04:59:23 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy, that is absolutely wrong what the principal did. At parent teacher conferences (if the patents show) I'd tell them flat out that even though the principal backed the student, the student didn't deserve the grade and prove it to them .. next time I'd appeal the decision with the superintendent with the principal present and parents and student as well. I absolutely hate this "kinder gentler " generation where there are no winners or losers and everything is unicorns rainbows fairies and glitter. Sorry to be so negative but children need to realize negativity and reality. Soc

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  05:04:17 AM  Show Profile
Society as an adult is negative and children need to learn to deal with it young to be strong adults. Sorry for the rant teacher Tammy. It's not your fault but it I see it on a daily basis and it makes me angry to see these irresponsible adults coming into the work force. Hope you have a better day. Hugs.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  08:54:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, I'm here. Just been lurking. Not much to say. I have just been sewing and doing homework.

My oldest son has applied for a sheriff position and is doing the testing today. He doesn't think he will pass but is committed to trying again next time. He didn't have much lead time to get in shape for the physical agility or the written test. But figured he would try anyway.

My youngest passed all his tests for the Marines. I'm kinda bummed about him going in, but understand why. He feels trapped where he is. He can't get a good job that will support him. He wants to be a military police in hopes he can transition out into a police officer someday in the future. His scores were really good and he will be able to do pretty much whatever he wants.

Anyway, made a sale this morning on my Etsy store. So I'm inspired to do some sewing today.

Teacher Tammy, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with your class this year. I think you have a tough age. I remember both my boys getting into plenty of trouble around that time. Hang in there and stick to your guns.

Peggy, I have to say your granddaughters are very sweet. But that grandson has the best little smile. I have a Facebook friend with a daughter about the same age and in all her pictures she looks unhappy. Your little guy looks like a sweetheart for sure.

Have to go, someone at the door. Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  11:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Well, my older son missed the physical agility test by 9 seconds for the running. He is upbeat though. He realizes what he needs to do. They said they will do it again in 6 months. So he has a job a head of him getting ready.

Later!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  8:37:18 PM  Show Profile
Hey porchies!! Wow here it is Thursday already. I've been busy trying to get stuff made for one of the light up nights in the small town of New Castle, KY. Not too far from where I live. I will be putting up a booth with some of my craft goodies and Mary Kay stuff. Business should be picking up with people wanting to shop for Christmas. I've been trying to get businesses and such to donate to Adopt a Grandparent. My MK area does this every year and this year my children are going to be helping me deliver those that I got donated. What we do is get people, businesses, and organizations to donate $30 and we will fix up a small basket of goodies to take to someone in a local nursing facility. I'm looking for us to go to the nursing home where my grandmother was before she passed. They were really good to her so I want to give back.. There's a lot of residents that don't have family visiting them for the holidays. They get overlooked and sometimes forgotten. It's sad really. Our basket has some footie socks, tissues, MK foot lotion, and a MK lotion for extra dry skin. So much to do in so little time. :)

Peg, I loved the picture of your trip. Beautiful babies. I've been hearing Christmas music a lot too. One of the local stations here has already switched to all Christmas all the time. They did right after Halloween. I love Christmas and the music, but what happened to waiting until after Thanksgiving to do anything Christmas. We have towns doing their light up celebrations already. The one I'll be at won't be until December.

Well ladies, it's about that time to head for bed. I hope that you all have a great day tomorrow. Stay warm!!!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  08:17:04 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone,
It is a chilly morning here but the sun is shining so that is a good thing.
Have been busy lately just trying to get in my Craft/Sewing Room to do some Fall and Christmas Projects I am behind on. Always seems to be other things around that house, cleaning, cooking etc. that keeps me out of my Room. So, today and tomorrow are my days to try and create, hubby is gone with a neighbor to get wood. So the doggies and I have the house to ourselves, I hope to get a lot done.
Peggy, sweet friend I sure hope you are feeling better, it is no fun being in pain, rest sure does help doesn't it?
Alright Gals, take care and have a beautiful weekend, I hope everyone will be able to relax, enjoy your family or whatever it is you want to do. What ever you do have fun and be happy.

Hugs,
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  6:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...Oh my goodness...I have a bad head-cold. Feel like I did with my cat allergy in Seattle. LOL
I so want to be over this runny nose and stuffiness...enough already! Hubby worked all day and I basically slept off
and on all day in my recliner. I also have been drinking medicinal teas all day. Now, I decided I better get some
water in my body also (I hate water but know I need to drink it).

The only thing good that happened today was I got two great pieces of Farmgirl Mail. One was my Mail Art for Nov.
which was an adorable Snowman...but she also enclosed a A Christmas Craft/Recipe Book that was published in 1970
(which is the year I graduated from High School...even though she didn't know that). I sat down and read the whole
thing. It was delightful! And I discover a paper cross bookmark in the book too. Then she made a Christmas Book band
that she placed around the book. She inclosed some snowflakes and spiral tree bling and a pkg. of Thanksgiving Stickers.

Then I got my last (I think) Birthday Gift from one of my Farm Sisters. It was a box of pure Wonderment. This Farm Sister knows
exactly the kind of things I like. I got a cool oil cloth bag with the Titanic on it (I love to read Titanic Stories), a
beautiful necklace, a Paris Bottle with an Angel on it, some rose soap a cute card holder and a vintage book...called "Peggy Covers
the News". It has a Redhead on the cover...I was a Redhead and I almost went into Journalism...so, that made such a
connection with me. I can't wait to read it. I have never seen this series of books before...which I can't believe, but it
looks like there were nine of them. I am going to be checking it out to see if I can order them. They came out in 1936.
So, while I am sick and stuck in the house I will read it.

We have some Farm Sisters that just love to SPOIL OTHERS and I feel so blessed just to know you girls. You each Bless my Life and Heart So Much!

My dog has been all snuggly today...I think he knows I don't feel good and so he just wants to comfort me. Scotties aren't
usually snugglers...they are a more independent breed. Sassy, Cute, and Playful but not snuggly. So, I love when he does.

Hi Debbie...sounds like you have lots to do in your craft room. I wish I had a craft room. I always have to use my kitchen
and dining room table...but that is Apartment living for you. (+: Hope you and the dogs had a nice day with hubby gone. I
think those times are Special...just to pace yourself on your own schedule and do what you want to do. I wouldn't want that
everyday...but those occasional times are nice.

Bunny...so good to have you on The Porch. Your son sounds like he has a really healthy attitude towards his future job opportunity.
That is half the battle right there. ~ Now the youngest going into The Marines...well, my Mother's heart cans relate to your Mother's
heart. I never wanted any of my boys to go into the Service...but one went into the Guards. He was never sent out of Country...so,
that was good.

Well, RoDonna...I almost did a Craft Festival (or at least I had that intent)...but I was just fooling myself. I was going to go in with
another gal and just sell my Doggie Biscuits that I make. All dogs seem to love them...but it seemed to all happen too fast. I just
don't pace myself well any more with my Fibro/Chronic Fatigue. Hope you do really well my friend.

I think a lot of people don't like to wait until after Thanksgiving to Shop any more because families (with divorces and remarriages) have grown so much that you have to start earlier (for financial reasons). Between my husband and I...we have 6 kids and 9 grand-kids...and we are on fixed incomes...so it takes 3 months of working in all those Christmas gifts into our budget. They all get something!

Well friends...back to my Recliner. And Box of Kleenex.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 16 2013 7:02:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  07:55:45 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning to all my Porchie Friends,
Just wanted to wish all of you a happy Sunday and let you know I will catch up with all of you tomorrow.
Today is Football Sunday (GO BRONCOS) so I must get ready and prepare some snacks as we always go over to a friends house for Football.
Peggy please feel better soon.
We got a bit of snow last night and it was on the top Pike Peaks Mountains when the sun came up this morning. Oh but I love my early mornings to watch the sun rise.

Be Happy Porchies.
Hugs,
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Nov 17 2013 07:58:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  2:54:03 PM  Show Profile
I have just been rescued from a nasty virus called searchconduit. Made a real mess of the computer. But Dear Son-in-law to the rescue. Back up and running. He wasn't quite sure the patient would live. But it is back to life.
Still being a companion to my friend. Got her out of the house last week two days in a row. We went to lunch at the biggies, Burger King and Wendy's. Then poked around JoAnn's and a couple of second hand stores locally. She really needed to get out. By Friday she was doing better.
DD has ongoing issues with insulin pump. The new one is not easy to program and I suspect the new PA at the doctor's office is not quite up to speed on the dratted thing. Had to go search the parking lots at Walmart and Fred Meyers yesterday. SIL took Walmart and I took Fred Meyers. I found her in a semi coma passed out in a locked car. Had to call the Fire Dpt. They broke out a side window and got her out of the car. Then the EMT in the ambulance did not have glucagon, a faster type of glucose on board. What??? Her doctor does not want them trying to put IV's in as her veins are too small. Even when told not to they continued to try to do so. GRRRRRR. Dang I hate it when they think they know better than you what is going on with someone you love's body. I told DD to just tell them no next time as her doctor is the expert here not some snooty nurse in a backwater hospital. Her Doctor is trying to get the insurance co. to spring for a constant glucose monitor to work in conjunction with the pump. Ah well
On a good note before computer went on the fritz, I managed to get two books on Amazon and Smashwords, Have already sold one of each. Yipee.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  2:24:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey girlies, We really had high winds/low 60's last night and wind/high 40's today but at least we didn't get the tornado that hit Illinois. So weird to hear about tornadoes in November.
I hate wind, so any news of wind coming just makes me cringe. It made for a tense nights sleep, I can tell you that.
Saturday I had to go to the local H.S. craft show alone. This year Mama wasn't up to it. I really enjoyed it and talking to a lot of the older people there who made all kinds of neat crafty stuff like my Mama use to make when she was able. I like small town craft shows where you run into old friends and people are so friendly. I bought a few things, but mostly I go to get out of the house and get a nudge toward that holiday spirit. *giggle* Then I got Mama a few groceries and some lunch and spent time with her telling her about the craft show.
Peg, so sorry that you were feeling so funky the day that I was having a good time. Just don't seem right, do it???hahaha Glad your pup-dog understood your need for cuddle time. We always say that the only time our pudy snuggles with DH is if he's cold and his mom isn't around to cuddle with. hahaha Ya...he's a Mama's boy.
Well, nothing much else happening around here.
Have a great evening gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2013 :  5:24:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I've been sitting on the porch and listening during my breaks from making Christmas gifts, but by the time I get done listening break time is over. It sounds like everyone's been busy. I do hope you feel better Peggy. It's no fun being sick.

Besides milking the cows and making gifts not much has been going on my way. We did get some snow last week then it was almost 70 again. It was terrible windy yesterday with a bad thunderstorm during evening milking, but luckily we never lost power.

I'm excited - my birthday is the end of the month and my mom told me her and my dad are coming down the day before (they live in Michigan). We're going to go to "Christmas in the Village" in a little town south of me. Then my husband and I are going to go pick out our Christmas tree. Sounds like a great day to me!!

Well, I need to get back to supper so it doesn't burn.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2013 :  7:09:47 PM  Show Profile
Heather! That is wonderful news that your parents will be coming for your Birthday! and a Christmas tree all in the same day! We had a 80 degree day Sunday then back down to 60, then cold and Windy today! Me and Hubby both got a bad cold and sinus infection. Wish we could settle into one season of weather and stay there!!

Peggy , Hope your better! I thought this was a pretty Picture to share.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  10:16:44 AM  Show Profile
Love the picture Connie!! Get well soon!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  12:45:58 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

The sickie is still sick. This nasty head-cold has turned into a sinus infection...so, I am still grabbing for the Kleenex
Box but just not as often. I still sound about 2 octaves lower than my normal voice...which is already low. I will be glad
when I am through with this. Tomorrow will be a full 7 days. And I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. (+: I know
it is really going around this time year. Especially when the weather can't decide if its still Summer or if it is Winter.
This week we hit our first week of low temps. In the 20's at night and 40's in the day time. That is Winter for us.

Cherime
...sounds like you are staying very busy helping friends and family. So glad that you were able to get your friend out
of the house for awhile. That will lift anyone out of a depressed state. It's when we start isolating that makes depression
go even deeper. We all need other people in our lives and to just get out amongst the Living a bit.
Glad to hear that you got more books up.

Connie... Love that picture. The Red Covered Bridge looks so Pristine against the white of the snow. Lovely! We have a lot of
those covered Bridges in our part of the Country. They are beautiful to photograph...and I enjoy them so much.
Hope you and hubby are feeling a little better yourselves. Sounds like you have the same junk I have. I'm Sorry!!! At least I
know I didn't share it with you. LOL

Judy...sorry Mama didn't feel up to the Craft Fair this year...but good for you for going anyway. Does your hubby enjoy those
kind of things??? Mine doesn't at all. I would either go to stuff like that with my boys or other girlfriends. But...I haven't
been to one since I came down with the Fibro. Walking around so long tires me out. We have some small Church and School ones around
here but then we have some Huge Ones also. I always loved going to The Huge Ones. The only place I go like that any more is
my Favorite Antique Store in Portland does a Special Christmas Fair of their regular Venders and outside Venders. It is really FUN!

Hi Heather
...good for you making Christmas Gifts! I don't do that any more. I just make on-line gift orders. (+: I do like to get
out in the hustle and bustle of Holiday Shopping though. I don't do Black Friday at all...and I try to get out at least one day
in that last week before Christmas.
So happy to hear that your parents are coming for the Holiday! That is what they are all about aren't they? Family and Friends!
There will be nine of us going out to dinner for Thanksgiving. Then on Christmas we all go to my youngest sons house for dinner.
When I worked retail and had to work Black Fridays...I stopped making the big traditional dinners at home...and we made Dinner
Reservations Instead. LOL And that has become our Family Tradition now for Twenty Years. My son wanted to do both dinners at his
house this year and I put my foot down and said, "NO!" That is too much work for my DIL...especially with a five month old.
And I don't want to give up the 20 year Tradition we created going out on Thanksgiving. I really enjoy it. We go to a Restaurant
on the Columbia River...where every seat has a great water view and they not only serve traditional food but they have every
kind of Sea Food you could want and every kind of Dessert too, including a Chocolate Fountain that is Huge and you put fruit on
skewers and dip them in the chocolate. It is all Wonderful!!! See, I'm Spoiled! LOL

Well, girlies...I need to drag out the Christmas Wrap and wrap all the little pkgs for my Stocking Exchange in my Hen House.

, before I forget...I am going to Celebrate my 4,000 Posts (I have less than a 100 posts to reach that) and since 90% of my posts
have been ON THE PORCH...I am going to hold a Gift Drawing...and take sign-ups from now until then. So, let me know if you want
to win a PRIZE!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 20 2013 12:48:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  12:54:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi All -

I know I'm only an "on again - off again" Porchie, but try to drop by when I can. Brrrrrr - it's so cold here already in Northeast PA - feels like January! Anyway - it has been really busy here as usual, plus I just bought a new car (yippee) - a Subaru Forrester. I'm hoping it will be good in the snow since it is all wheel drive. My little Honda was needing almost $2,000 in repairs, and it was already 8 years old, so knew the time was here to make the change.

Will be heading to Vermont this weekend to pick up my Mom and bring her to PA for Thanksgiving, then will bring her home again next weekend. It's a lot of driving, but it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without her here. She wanted to drive down herself, but at almost 85 years old, I put my foot down and said she wasn't going to try it!

The last count was 93 for Thanksgiving dinner with my boyfriend's family. They hold it at a Christian school where we can use their huge kitchen and gymnasium, and we serve buffet style. Actually, it's quite simple because each one of us only has to cook one item, and everyone brings their own place settings and beverages.

Peggy - would love to be in your drawing - 4000 posts - wow!!!

Hugs to everyone else - and prayers for those who are in need. Hope everyone starts to feel better soon - it's that time of year when sickness seems to take hold. I don't know if it is the weather or because we are all tired out and stressed!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Edited by - beekeepersgirl on Nov 20 2013 12:55:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  1:06:15 PM  Show Profile
Luanne...Got You Down For My Drawing. You are the First One!

Good to have you on The Porch whenever you Come Girl!!!! Wow...what a Thanksgiving Shindig you guys throw!!!! That is Awesome!!
And I am sure you have plenty of Food and Lots of Fun!!! Good for you for not letting your Mama drive...but good for her for
wanting to. LOL I wouldn't want to miss out on ALL that food and fun either...no matter what my age.

Hey, girls, why don't we start sharing what are Thanksgiving Plans are for This year. You've now heard mine and Luanne's...
WHAT'S YOURS?

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  1:09:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, I am so sorry you still are not feeling well, sinus infections are just no darn fun.
Weather coming in, it is cold and snow is on the way, but that makes me happy, I love cold and snow this time of year. Sounds like a lot of us is getting some holiday weather as I call it.
I love all the pictures everyone posts, and I especially love covered bridges. My girlfriend lives in Vermont so I get some pretty awesome pictures from her all the time.
My goodness Peggy I thought I had a lot of post at almost 2500 but you take the prize! And of course I would love to be in your drawing Peggy.
Heather, I too am making some of my Christmas Gifts, to me nothing says love more than a handmade gift, of course I do buy a good bit as well as some or our family do not enjoy handmade gifts like I do:-)
Wow, Luanne 93 family members how wonderful is that, there is nothing in the world like being with family and friends over the holidays, oh the fun you will have.
Bunny how is the sewing and homework coming? I know what you mean about visiting the Porch as often as you would like, I know there just is not enough time in a day for this old girl.
Well, I am straightening my Craft/Sewing Room, not sure how my most favorite room in the whole house always needs cleaning and organizing, seems that what is what I spend all my time doing when I am in here. Better get back to it.
Have a wonderful, relaxing evening Porchies and I will check in again soon.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  1:23:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie...I got you down for my little drawing!! BUT...you didn't share what you and Dave are doing for
Thanksgiving? Watching Football??? LOL Sitting in the Hot Tub???? So, come back and share Girlie!!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  1:25:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy~

My hubby Tom, our Son Kent and I will be spending Thanksgiving with Dear Friends and yes watching football from the Hot Tub, you remembered. LOL!

Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  1:31:00 PM  Show Profile
Gosh...Debbie, why do I always call Tom...Dave??? Keep correcting me until it sinks in. LOL
Must be the Fibro Fog...I will blame it on that instead of AGE!

Big Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  1:34:54 PM  Show Profile
No problem Peggy, now Ruth in our HH her hubby is Dave.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page