Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  6:18:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Didn't make it to Church last night or today. Woke up (after my first night of no sinus/cold medication) after a pretty decent nights
sleep...but I felt like a mac-truck had hit me. My eyes were swollen, my sinus open and going full throttle. I made some hot tea, my
breakfast smoothie, took the dog out, and came back and went back to bed. This afternoon...I feel very much better. DH and I attempted 2 Serves and then went to BnN for awhile. Got a couple different personal studies done, The Harbinger and Wonderstruck. They are both totally
opposite end of the Spiritual Spectrum but I think God is using one to balance the other...in my heart and soul. He knows what our hearts can handle or not handle. That is one of my favorite Characteristics of God...He is always so gentle with me. Even if he has been teaching me a tough lesson He does it with gentle loving-kindness. He knows that I am a very tender-hearted peson. That is what I so love about Him...He is such a personal God.

Prairie Gypsy Tammy...Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a nice one! It is nice that your company allows you one Birthday day off. Not many companies do that anymore. I love the Nutcracker salt and pepper shakers. ~ Yum, the orangecicle cookies sound yummy....like
they could make the Whole World Happy!!! LOL

Connie...you are going to be a Cooken Up A Storm. You are smart to pace yourself out with your MS. Happy Thanksgiving to You, Holly and Family!!!

Teacher Tammy...signing you up for the 4,000 Post Draw. So, happy to hear that you only have 2 days of work this week. You deserve a
break from those sweet little/ornery little butterflies. Hope it is really relaxing and soul refreshing for you. It is like the little
shot in the arm to get you through until Christmas Break. LOL You will have to take a picture of your blanket and show us what you are
doing to relax.

Stephanie...thanks for sharing a little about yourself. Helps us get to know you a little better right off the bat. I could never come over
to your house to visit...because I am allergic to your furry babies. But I am happy for you that they are your children. Hope your early Thanksgiving Dinner was great! And enjoy your day on the Boat.

Judy...Hello girlie. Are you cooking the Thanksgiving Dinner? ~ I hope the suppositories work for those other deeper polyps that Mama has.
She must just be so fed-up with all this medical junk. Poor little darlen'. ~ Isn't that Chocolate Tea good? I love it. Today I had some
Cherry Tea ...which I love the taste of but it really tries me out. I was thinking Chocolate Cherry would be awfully good. I've never
had that combination in tea before but I know I would like it.

Alicia...it has been awhile since you were on The Porch. Sounds like you have been very busy. I went and checked out your blog.
Don't be a stranger girl...we miss you!

Well, sweet friends...I'm going to get off here and watch Antiques Road Show and eat some dinner.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

More tomorrow.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  06:43:07 AM  Show Profile
It was cold for the Carolinas on the boat! Hubby and I must still have Ohio blood, and our Brother In Law grew up in Detroit, so we were all fine above deck. The kids and my SIL kept warm below deck with cocoa and snacks. We were the only boat out and it was so peaceful.

The cold here is 'brutal' for the south - it was 17 when I got up. I wish it would snow and be pretty instead of just being cold! And, at least here in the Carolina's there isn't much wind to go with the temps. I'm missing winter, real winter!

Today after work I have to go take food to the boarding barn for my pony.

So good to be back home!!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  08:35:01 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - Glad you're feeling better! I would love to try some chocolate cherry tea too. I've had chocolate cherry hot chocolate and it's yummy!!!
TLTammy - I would love to see a picture of your blanket. I'm going to attempt to learn to knit and crochet after the holidays. It hasn't gone well in the past but hopefully this time is better.
Connie - It sounds like your house is going to smell so good all week!
PGTammy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you had a great day! I love the teapot!!
Judy - Thanks for telling me where your tea came from. It sounded so yummy I signed up for a catalog and I'm hoping they send me a sample too!!
Stephanie - Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Isn't it so nice when you're the only ones out and about so it's so peaceful. My husband and I lucked out a while ago when we went to Yellowstone. We didn't know they close in the winter and we were there the last weekend they were open. There wasn't many people so we really enjoyed it!!

Well, not all of us are as lucky as Connie :) The ground was frozen yesterday so "since it's fit" we cleaned out the barn and brought up some trailers of wood. It was very cold (we do not have a cab tractor) but it's nice that it's done.

I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving. Try not to eat too much :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

sharlanicky
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

25 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  12:53:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I am new to the porch. :) I am about to go make a cup of coffee because I am sooo cold. This seems like a fun place to be!

Sharlanicky
from the little "farmhouse" in the woods
Farmgirl Sister #5560
http://www.lookatwhatyouareseeing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/LookAtWhatYouAreSeeing
Hobby Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/TheStorminOrrens
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  1:25:39 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Porch Sharlanicky, I am fairly new here on the Porch as well. There are many Fabulous Farm Girls that come here to share! You will love it!! Come back often! Hugs! back to the Kitchen and a nap for me! I found a picture from about 7 years ago of my Turkey! and when I saw it I said, awwwwwww my Granny's Tablecloth she used when I was a little Girl! They don't make stuff like that anymore!! that table cloth is at least 60 years old. it has always been washed and ironed and put away after Thanksgiving and Christmas. My Granny passed it along to me around 1980. I am going to use it this year if I can remember what closet I hung it in!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Nov 25 2013 1:31:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  3:19:44 PM  Show Profile

Here are my two Lovely Ladies from Seattle...after they had their Holiday Pictures taken.

Connie...are you trying to make me salivate 3 days early or what??? LOL Getting too much moisture on a
laptop is not good girlfriend! Hee Hee! That is so neat that you have a Special Holiday Tablecloth from
your Grandma. Keep-sakes my dear are like Dream Catchers...they have all those Happy Memories woven inside
of them.

Sharlaneky...I hope you have a regular name that you can use...that isn't such a mouthful!! LOL But WELCOME TO THE PORCH!
We are so glad to have you join us!!! Always room for one more...so pull up a rocker and sit a spell...tell us a little
bit about yourself.

Heather...I truly feel like a New Woman today...after 9 days of being sick. I actually woke up early and was out hitting
the stores at 8:30 this morning before the crowds. I had to do some Holiday shopping and some grocery shopping. And I was
back at Noon all tuckered out but happy that I beat the crowds. Especially in the Grocery Store.

Steph...I can't even imagine going out on a boat this time of year. Burrrr!!! We have boats that sail every Holiday from
Thanksgiving through Christmas (I think) but they are all decorated in their Christmas Finery. Last year a man on one of
the boats fell over and drowned. Not sure how or why...but it sure made every one sad...because they do it to Cheer Everyone
Else up during the Holidays. Hey, my BIL & SIL live in Goldsboro, NC is that very far from you?

Well, girls...I'm off to spend time with the Lord while hubby is out doing his Service Thing. The house is nice and quiet
(other than one barking Scotty) and I am going to brew one of my Chocolate Teas and just cozy up with Papa God for awhile.

Hope the rest of your Monday is Fabulous!!!

Snug as a Bug in a Rug,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 25 2013 3:23:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  6:43:09 PM  Show Profile
hi girlies,
today was my birthday and I was so blessed my dear family and friends. It was such a beautiful day and look how God closed out the day.

and of course here is my lovely Jax giving me his best smile

tomorrow I am having a tea party with my fifth and sixth graders since they had tea in our book we are reading. So should be fun. My dear butterflies were on their best behavior today because it was my birthday. But I am looking forward to being on vacation after tomorrow.
I will post a picture of my blanket when it gets a bit further along so you can tell it is a blanket..hahah
well off to finish bible study lessons for tomorrow.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  8:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello Gals.
Welcome Sharla! I read quite a bit of your blog. I really enjoyed it. I may try some peppermint essential oil in my homemade laundry soap just to see how it smells. I usually just leave it plain because I have such sensitive skin, but pep-0-mint sounds so fresh and wintry. hahaha Your boys are so cute. It's nice to see kids trying all kinds of things "homemade" and "how-to-do. "I'm glad they enjoy all of that.
Peg, your g-babies are getting so big. Good grief! Glad that you are finally feeling better.So what kind of choc tea did you make tonite?
Connie, that turkey made me drool too. Yum! I am making dinner this week even though hubby works all day. At least it will be here for us to pick at whenever we want it.
Steph, your boat trip sounded so exhilarating! hahaha Yup, us Ohio folk have hardy blood in our veins. We can stand really cold temps when others are whining and cringing. hahaha
Heather, guess what I did as an experiment? I made a Rooibos wild cherry tea and added a teaspoonful of powdered chocolate drink mix to it. Yummy! chocolate covered cherry tea! *giggle* So quick and easy! I was going to use pure baking cocoa like I did with my experiment with chocolate rose tea, but I like the little bit of sweetness that the powdered drink mix added. No other sweetener was necessary. Give it a try.
TLTammy, your little Jax is such a ham. My cat is like that too. It's like they know that they are the center of attention when that camera is pointed at them. Gorgeous sky too. Looks like a big, fluffy baby blanket. I just love God's paint palette! Today was hubby's birthday too. First he had jury duty(but it was cancelled, "thank you Lord"), then he worked 12-8.So tomorrow we will do something fun...
maybe. We have a snow storm headed in from the west and it just started snowing(11PM) We may have to stay in and cuddle and veg. hahaha
Well, I'm ready for bed.
Nite Gals!

Rascal a couple years ago on Christmas(a ham)Yes, he winked!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 25 2013 8:30:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  11:00:09 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! Glad those little flutterbies were good on your birthday! Cuz if they hadn't Judy and I might
have to come clip their wings for you. ~ Wow...Beautiful Sunset. God was just smiling down on your day wasn't He? ~ Oh, that little Jax is
such a cutie. Has He kept his sweet temperament as he has gotten older?

Judy...I ended up having Creamed Cherry Cheesecake Tea. No Chocolate! I had chocolate but as I was going through the pkgs I had...this
one just sounded better. I know...you're shocked...because Peggy always goes for the Chocolate. ~Hey, your chocolate covered cherry tea...
sounded perfect. Like Chocolate Cherry Cordials. Yummy! I almost bought a box of those today...because I love them but I resisted the
urge. I forgot to mention that I love the Cat Wink. Pretty Kitty too.
Just keep him away from me...Achoo!!!

Not much happening at my house tonight. Just had a quiet evening watching the Voice and Family Feud.

Going to watch the News and then head to bed to read. My gal that cleans for me is coming in the morning.

Sweet Dreams My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 26 2013 1:18:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  06:49:37 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!! What a beautiful picture God gave you for a gift!
We have a lot of November birthdays on the porch!! Sounds like my family. My sisters is the 6th, my dad's is the 17th, my moms is the 27th, and mine is the 30th.

Peggy - your Grandbabies are so precious!!!

Judy - that tea sounds perfect. Unfortunately I have to make a trip to the grocery before I can try it.

It's going to be a busy couple days for me so if I don't make it back here before hand I hope all you ladies have a wonderful Thanksgiving with safe driving for all and lots of love and laughter!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  08:10:25 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Tammy, I hope all your wishes and dreams come true.
We will all be busy with family coming in town, baking and preparing the holiday meal, so I wanted to wish all my Porchies a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Have fun, stay warm and Please Be Happy.
Safe Travels to all who will be traveling over the holidays.
Hugs,
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  08:10:55 AM  Show Profile
P.S. I love everyone's pictures thanks so much for sharing.

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  09:46:52 AM  Show Profile
We're in the midst of having an ice 'storm' - aka there is ice on the trees. One of the trees near our office just hit the power line, caused the line and the tree to catch on fire, and this huge boom! We didn't lose power, but several of our neighbors did.

Here's a photo of me from the photo challenge thread, it's my self portrait. The truck mirror I used to take the photo in was the truck my dad bought me when I was 16 and had just gotten my license. He's been in the family almost 15 years and over 100,000 miles. I'm change resistant.

My birthday is this weekend. I'm turning 31. Last year was awful, we were going through a lot with my husband's mom and I was so depressed and angry over it I didn't celebrate. Not sure what we're doing this year, maybe just a dinner with hubby and I and a dinner with my parents.

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  1:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Back from the MIA! Have been on a Women of Purpose conference with 2000+ women and was blessed immensely. Never was to one before but will go from now on.
Love all the pics. Since I don't know how to do it they really are beautiful to me.
TLT A Happy Birthday to you! Glad the little darlin's haven't done you in yet! LOL!
Peggy The girls are so cute and so big already. They sure grow up fast! Glad you are feeling better.
I think half my post just disappeared.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  1:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
It did. How does that happen? I just can't do it over again,

Have a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving all my Lovlies!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

QuiltyMom
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jan
Falls Church VA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  1:41:18 PM  Show Profile
I just found this thread - what fun it looks like! I'll be enjoying hanging out on the porch with ya'll. I'll spend more time here later, but right now I need to think about what to have for dinner. Somehow the family is always hungry when they get home from school and work. Imagine that!

Later...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  2:00:58 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH JAN...hope you can come back and kick your feet up and stay awhile and chat. Here on The Porch we serve Virtual
food and drink...and the benefits are NO WEIGHT GAIN! LOL

Darlene...don't you just hate it when you type a nice long post and then the 'puter eats it. Makes me matter than a wet chicken..when that
happens. Grrr!!! So, I feel your frustration girlie!

Steph...I like your self-portrait there. Really very clever. I do photography too and enjoy getting those mirror shots once in awhile.
I like to get pictures of brides looking in a mirror.

Debbie...Hope you all have a Wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving too. I'm hungry for that yummy dinner, come Thursday. But I am Stress-Free
because all I have to do is drive to the Restaurant. LOL

Heather...thanks for your grand-baby comment. They are my pride and joy! So, much fun and so cute. The youngest one Naomi...kept wanting me to sit on her lap so she could Hold Me...last time I was there. And Madeline wants me to go to Hawaii with them, next summer. Probably not going to happen...but I love that she wants me there. They are just so precious....and good for grandmama's heart.

Judy...loved the Thanksgiving E-Card. Those animated cards are just so amazing to me. Wouldn't it be fun to create those? I think it would.
I might have had an entirely different Career Path...if they had all this amazing technology back in the day. LOL

Well, I'm tired. It's stressful watching someone else clean your house!! Just Joshen-ya! While Paula cleans...I study The Word and share with her. She is in the Bible Study Group that I teach. She lead it last Thursday while I was sick.

Well off for a little Siesta girls...more later,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  3:51:58 PM  Show Profile
Boy is it snowing. It snowed all night, but very fine flakes. Then it snowed all day, very fine flakes, so that we only have about 2 inches. Now it's really coming down at 6:30 PM and we may have a lot by morning. Hard to say. It looks like a winter wonderland. I may have to bundle up and go for a walk. *giggle*
Welcome to the porch Jan and Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Hurry back. Just grab a hot cuppa and your dessert and sit and gab with us.
Dave took Rascal out in the yard with him this morning when he went out to get the paper. He set him down in the snow and put some on his head and the cat was fine with it. He just ain't right! hahahaha(neither one of them)hahaha Rascal kept wanting to go back out while we were trying to sit and read the paper and have our coffee. I just glared at Dave and said, "TROUBLE MAKER!" hahaha
Steph, nice idea for the pic. Very creative!
Well, gonna go watch one of my Christmas CD's and have some tea!
Nite all, stay warm!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  08:09:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi porchies,
Thought I would bring yall some chocolate pie and strawberry tea. It is so nice to be off from school for the rest of the week. I am going out to lunch today with my sweet mama. Looking forward to that. Hubby will be off this afternoon and the rest of the week so looking forward to that. He had teacher in-service at his school today.
Welcome to all the new ladies. This is a wonderful place to hang out.
Peggy Jax is very good tempered except if he is sleeping and you try to wake him up. The vet said he is a deep sleeper so it scares him. He is happy dog today cause I am home. He is all over that. He is under feet and just plain smiling for a dog. lol.
Well I am off to have some tea and get a few things done before lunch.
Happy Thanksgiving to yall
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  09:09:23 AM  Show Profile
Judy - I'm really missing the beautiful snow! Take some photos and post them.

Tammy - enjoy your time off.

Today is my last day at work for 4 days. Not sure what our plans are this weekend, I'm still unpacking from our recent move and there's a farm auction my friends who board my pony are going to that we may tag along.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  10:07:49 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...That is the one and only time that Bella ever bit me. I didn't know she was asleep at my feet and I reached
down to pet her and she just jumped up all snarly and ugly (because I scared her) and she jumped up on my lap and bit me on
the Arm. First that viciousness scared me and then I was mad. But the Shi Tzu breed is known for that and it usually doesn't
start until age 2 and after. So, just be alert to that. Bella's brother Potter bit a lady in the face...who leaned down and
got in his face...but she only wanted to pet him...and my friend who owns the brother said he snapped at a child last week.
He is 7 years old now. It is something to note and just keep in the back of your mind.

Glad you are off and starting to enjoy your break from the Butterflies. Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your family
and friends.

Steph...doesn't NC get snow? I'm not all that familiar with the area other than Hubbies brother and his wife live there. We might
see some rain mixed with snow next week. We hardly ever get snow but if we do...the very most it will last is a week or so. Just
enough for me actually. I moved ther 30 years ago to get away from Snow. I lived in Spokane WA before that...where you have snow
5 months out of the year and also from Montana before that...where winters are very cold and harsh with snow. I remember many days
at -30. But it was a really dry cold there. So it felt more like our 10 above here.

Well, hubby and I are off to see what kind of trouble we can get into today. HaHa!!!

More Later My Porch Buds,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

sharlanicky
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

25 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  12:04:35 PM  Show Profile
Thanks herblady55 for reading my blog. We have a lot of fun at my house. I just realized that I need to bring a pen next time I get on the computer so I can make sure to comment to everyone. :) And y'all are welcome to call me Sharla. :)

Sharlanicky
from the little "farmhouse" in the woods
Farmgirl Sister #5560
http://www.lookatwhatyouareseeing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/LookAtWhatYouAreSeeing
Hobby Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/TheStorminOrrens
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  1:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Well the hummingbird cake is done...just needs the frosting. The sweet potatoes that I grew this season made a nice casserole. It's ready to be put in the oven tomorrow morning with the topping on it. The sourdough bread is set to rise overnight before I bake it tomorrow. Finally the kiddos made some brownies. Am I done yet. Probably not. LOL...good thing my mom is cooking the turkey, dressing, and a few other things. We used to go to my Aunt Jo's for Thanksgiving, but she passed last year just days before the holiday. Now all of us cousins seem to find somewhere else to go. Didn't realize she was the glue that kept all of us together. She probably wouldn't be happy that we've drifted from tradition but I have her recipes and I'm going to make sure that they are kept.

I'm one of those that refuse to go out on Black Friday. Anyone else? Seems kind of crazy to me to try to kill yourself for that perfect present. I'm having a sale but mine's online or by phone/text. No one has to go anywhere to buy from me. :) I don't have to go anywhere either. We'll probably get the Christmas stuff out and put it up. I'll be nice and warm.

I know we got snow this month here in KY..I'm hoping that it will come for Christmas. It will make it so pretty and more magical. For some reason it feels more like Christmas with snow.

Well porchies...I hope that you girls have a fantastic Thanksgiving and eat till your belly is full!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

QuiltyMom
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jan
Falls Church VA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  4:12:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome, gals! It's been raining and sleeting off and on today, and COLD! I'm such a wimp.

I love going shopping on Black Friday, but I never go out first thing. We can get some great deals on clothes for the kids and other things we've been wanting all year. Now my daughter enjoys going with me. We get up at 6:00 am, our usual wake up time, and then head for Target, then the mall. We're usually home by noon, just in time to start decorating for Christmas. (Everything goes up the day after Thanksgiving and comes down on New Year's Day.)

My daughter ice skates, so we're used to getting up early in the morning. Like insanely early. She skates for the Capitol Steps Synchronized Skating Teams. She has team practice at 5:00 every Saturday morning and 6:00 every other Sunday morning. She also has coaching at 6:00 on Tuesdays before school. Good thing we live only two miles from the rink!

So tomorrow I get to sleep in until I wake up, something I rarely get to do. Woohoo! I can't wait!

We're going out to dinner with my husband's family, then to his parent's house to hang out for a while. We'll then go to our neighbors for dessert after we get home, something we do every year. It's a lot of fun!

I gotta run because we're going to watch another episode of Dr Who! Catch ya'll later!
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  5:25:09 PM  Show Profile
This is from a recent photo shoot at a local wedding venue, but I thought it was so fitting this weekend.

I'd love to see photos of your daughter skating, Quilty.

Judy, some parts of NC get snow, but not like we had when we lived in Ohio. We were close enough to the lake in Akron that we got lots of lake effect last year!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page