Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  5:28:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi there, Thanks Gals for all the fall pics. I'm really enjoying them.
Let me see....I've decided that it's time to start reading Christmas stories so I've read some Debbie Macomber and now I'm reading a 5 in 1 by 5 different authors. 2 of them have been great so far. I also started my Christmas DVD's early. I have so many old classics that if I don't start early, I'll never make it thru the stack. I start with not so Christmassy ones(Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwick and One Special Night with James Garner&Julie Andrews) and progress to Christmassy ones by Christmas...if that's not too confusing. *giggle* There IS a method to my madness! I wonder how soon the Christmas music will be starting?
Well I took Mama to the Hepatologist today. They said that her readings and levels look good for all she has been through. But with all the scarring of the liver they are concerned that it can't do it's filtering job. They are going to do an upper GI endoscopy/diagnostic and some blood work to look further into this. They are hoping NOT to have to do a liver biopsy...very uncomfortable. We all hope and Pray that it will all straighten out because she is not a likely candidate for a liver transplant....too old.
We have been having beautiful weather for Fall. Lots of sun, leaves falling like rain and today was actually up to 63. Hubby cut up some wood and stacked it for our outdoor Chiminea fires next summer. His Mom gave us the tree from her horse pasture. It had fallen on her fence.
Well, that's about all for me today.
Have a great evening Gals.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  5:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh Cherime......I envy you those kinds of trips. A fishing village...how romantic. I know...I'm weird. But I could see a story being written about THAT! Lucky girl!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  6:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Might be the next one. Thinking about it.
Houses built over Seldovia Slough

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  08:03:18 AM  Show Profile
Judy - the Christmas music has been on in my house for a month now. I haven't gotten to the movies yet. It gets me in the mood for working on making gifts :) I'll be praying for your mom.

Cherime - thanks for sharing your photos. Sometimes I wish I could just get in the truck and go away for a day. I don't think the cows would be very happy if I did though.

I hope everyone else is having a great week. It's a chilly, windy, going to be raining soon day here. I just took a little break from making Christmas presents and made a glass of tea. Some yummy Chocolate chip cookie tea from another farmgirl sister.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  12:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Judith: thanks for the tea and recipes. love to try new tastes.

Internet has been bad here lately. Can't get on at all some days.

Been enjoying the fall weather, rain, wind, all of it. Leaves are almost all down. Been bike riding with hubby or taking walks, we have a Greenway that's a wonderful track made with blacktop, parts are gravel and even some woods and 4 bridges! about 6 miles long total.

Enjoying all of your pics.

Howdy to the new gals and welcome!

Hope ya'll have a good day and I better post this before the internet starts blinking again..grrrr

Hugs and prayers to all. :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  6:38:13 PM  Show Profile
Judy - I forgot to mention it in my post yesterday that Herb Quarterly had two chemo columns in Herbal Healthwatch. One was on chemo fatigue and the other on chemo nausea. I immediately thought of you when I saw it in this issue. I just bought it so I haven't had time to read it yet. I'm sure some of the supplements would probably help with liver support.

Chemise - the pictures are gorgeous!!!! One of these days I'm going to get up there. There's a blog, not sure if it's Cheap RV Living or Mike Wendland's blog, but they had/have a trip planned out for Alaska. I was surprised that the estimated gas cost wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. One of these days :O)

Took the pups out for a wander tonight before supper. Forgot to wear my flannel lined jeans (won't do that again) and I definitely need to upgrade to my lined gloves for evening wanders. I'm getting more and more serious about getting a treadmill to walk the dogs on for winter. I've been watching the various used sites to see if I can pick up something reasonably. I'm thinking a hot cup of tea and some reading before bed will be the rest of my evening. Night everybody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  9:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, with the mileage my little pickup gets, a hair over 500 to a tank I figure about $400 from here to Seattle.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  1:56:36 PM  Show Profile

I AM BACK!!!! HELLO MY PORCHIES...I MISSED YOU'UNS (As Judy would say)!

First Two Pictures are The Girls and I at the Beach...looking for treasures. I put what we found in the
Starbucks Cup I had...and then Daddy had a baggy full too. We got lots of cool shells, sea-glass, and lava
rock, and other beach rocks that were cool. The last picture is my Sweet Boy Elijah...whom Grandmama missed
while she was gone. These three Grandchildren of mine are my hearts delight as you all know. The girls
were just so fun. I got to go to Madeline's Swimming Class she is in one night, then helped her with
Homework (Math Sheet...in Kindergarten no less) and then she read 4 small school books to me. She is one smart cookie...and so is her little sister. Madeline told me she was going to ask Mommy if I could come to
Hawaii with them next summer. LOL My son said, "Hey, that wouldn't be a bad idea...then Faith Marie and I
could get out at night if we wanted to." Seriously, I don't think I would go...but it was nice to be wanted!

Miss Naomi...wore a bright little T-Shirt one day that said, "I'm a Cutie...but I have a Wild Side" That
pretty much sums her up! LOl She is a little spit-fire but so funny. She always wanted to look at the
Pictures on my phone...that I have taken over the past couple of years. By the time I left she could tell who everyone was in the pictures and any other information I had given her.

Their 6 month old Cat...bothered my allergies so bad...it was like having a nasty head cold the entire time
I was there...except for when we got out of the house and then I could breathe more easily. Don't know what
I will do for future visits...but that was physically really hard to deal with.

Judith...before I forget...I got your Tea Package this Morning. Thank You so Much...what a Lovely little
Pkg you put together for us. Can't wait to try the teas.

Cherime...Love your road trips girl! And love your Free Spirit. That is one nice thing about having no one
to answer to but God...you can just up and go when you feel the urge. NICE!

Judy...Hope Mama doesn't have to be put through any more. She has already been through Enough!!!
When I had to take 3/4 of a bottle of Day-Quill (in 1 1/2 days) to keep my nose and eyes from running quite so much...because my other allergy medication wasn't working...I thought man I am going to kill my
liver and kidneys..which brought me to thinking about your Mama. Everything in life seems to be a trade-off. It's just not fair!
The Herb Quarterly Magazine articles indeed might be go to read for your own Info. on your mom's health and again so you can be pro-active for her.

Prairie Gypsy Tammy...I did put you down for next November Tea Swap. But I don't want to take anymore
sign-ups until next month girlies.

I'm like Miss Judy...I am kind of into reading Christmas Stories right now. I bought my mom a book for
this Christmas (I always let her open the books early and read while it is still the right season. LOL)
But it is called a Pioneer Christmas Collection (Christian Female Authors) and it is 9 Stories of Finding
Shelter and Love in a Wintry Frontier. It looked so good...I downloaded it for myself on my Kindle Fire.
I have read 3 of the 9 so far...and find them to be a "Cozy" Kind of read. Just right for the Holidays.
I also just finished reading The Harbinger (a must read for every Believer) and now I am listening to it
on Audio (for a second go round) and I bought the companion guide that goes along with the book. It is such
a Impact-ful Read...that I want to get every last measure of it's truths...before I let go of it and just
begin to totally fall on my face and pray for this... Oh so messed up Country of ours. This is not a Novel...but is written in Novel Form
to get the message out to more people.

Tonight is The Billy Graham "Hope for America" TV Special...I went on line this morning and watched it (since
it is raining here and I won't make it to Church tonight)but they also had 50 minutes more of two additional
and powerful Life Testimonies that you could both watch and download. So, Billy Graham and I spent an
Hour and a half together this morning and it was worth every second of my time. I pray that the rest of
my Believing Porchies will watch it tonight also. It will bless your heart and life.

Connie...thanks for the coming to The Porch...love having you here.
And getting to see your pictures and encouragements here too. You
are a Lifter of People's Hearts!

Debbie...you came one day and then haven't come back. Come on girl...once you come you can't just leave! LOL

Darlene...what are you up to girlfriend??? Besides sending nice Birthday Packages. You and Connie truly
spoiled me...as well as some of the Other Farm Sisters. Especially the ones In The Hen House...I belong to.
I have been having Birthday for going on two months now. LOL

Teacher Tammy...you must be suffering exhaustion from those little
Flutterbies of yours. Those little darlen's just need all the patience and love you can dish out to them...as well as their wings clipped. LOl May God be YOUR refuge and strength dear friend.

Hi Alyce...I know you shared on the last page but...I can't remember now what I read. So, here is just a
Cheerie Hello & Hug...from one Porchie to Another. And anyone else I missed this past week too.

I need to get off and do some laundry and make a couple of phone calls. Glad to be home and back with my Porch Buds.

It's lovely to go off visiting...but it always feels GREAT TO BE
Back HOME!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 07 2013 2:15:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  2:59:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Gals for the chemo info, really appreciate that.
Awwww, there's Pegs little angels. Soooo cute!
I think I have that book you gave your Mama Peg, if it's called A Prairie Christmas Collection. You said (Pioneer). Mine is by 9 different ladies too. I'm going to read it next, after I finish A Door County Christmas, with 4 female authors. hmmm...I must be on a role with female authors lately. I like to watch movies with strong female role models too. I've been that way since Mary Tyler Moore had her show. A great female role model when I was a young teen. I never got away from it I guess. *giggle*
Mama had her wrist looked at by our family doctor. She said it looks good, but she'll still have to wear the brace another month yet. Mama didn't like that. hahaha Spunky 'ole bird! hahaha Not that she's going to go out and do hand-stands. She just wants that thing off. heehee
We have cold,breezy,42 today with some seriously black-bottom clouds that look like they could dump snow on us tonight. It is suppose to. What can I say?
Well, time to kick back and have tea and read.
Later ya'll!...er...yuns! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  3:57:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy...Nope, my book is A Pioneer Christmas Collection...I think maybe yours came out last year and
this is the new one for this year. But now I know another good book to download...thanks to YOU!

Poor Mama...she is just tired of being poked, prodded and harassed by Medical People! She's saying,
"Enough Already!"

Ok...girlies...more later or tomorrow.

hugs,
peggy

hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  8:20:09 PM  Show Profile
OOOOOOOOOOO Peggy, Love the pictures!! Ya'll look so cute!!! I love it here on the Porch with everyone!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  08:06:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, tea traders, for letting me know your pkgs arrived. Now I can quit stressing over that.
Cherime, I loved your pics and hearing about your impromptu road trips. You must be a true pioneer.
Peggy, those grand babies are so adorable. What a joy! They are getting so big already.
Judy, on these days when I don't feel so hot...you jump on here with an update on your Momma and I feel like such a whimp! She is definitely an inspiration.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  09:00:33 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Kiddos are really cute.
Judy sorry on Momma's brace. Drag that.
Judith, nah, I think I'm just a couple of turns off screw wise. But it takes all kinds.
My friend got her meds changed and it does seems to have made things worse. She might have been less confused, but really paranoid, shaky and anxious. I had to call her husband to come home from work to be with her yesterday. She even thought I was angry at her. Reading Psalms to her aloud helped a little but not for long.
DD got a new insulin pump and the dratted thing is either not working correctly or the PA who is new in the doctor's office does not know how to program it or both. She is having low blood sugar reaction after reaction. My SIL is trying to get through to the doctors to see what can be done. The reactions almost always require the Paramedics. This has to stop. SIL does not think he can get something done without losing the best doctor in the state. I think you can SIL is not good with confrontation. He doesn't know how to negotiate. He is afraid I might cost them the dr. Not so. I have negotiated huge money deals for the law firm I worked for all by my lonesome without alienating the other side. But I will hold off for a while. But he better work on this one otherwise momma bear is gonna have a try at it.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  09:02:53 AM  Show Profile
Hey all. Taking a break between planting tulip bulbs and stacking firewood. Son and I are having soup and grilled cheese for lunch and hot chocolate. Cold outside here in way Downeast Maine. No snow yet.

Got to tell you about my trip to Bangor with my mother in law. Bangor is about an hour and a half country driving from our town. She had an eye appointment there for macular degeneration which has been on going for almost two years now she also had a recall on her sonata hand had an appointment for at the dealership as well. Well we're in the city of Brewer ready to cross the bridge over the penobscot river. There's a set of old railroad tracks that you have to drive over before you get on the bridge. Well the light turns green, I cross the tracks and feel the end of the car fishtail like I blew a tire. Wrong. I pull over. We're on the bridge by then. Four lanes of traffic. Mother in law gets out to check. The recalled cross member broke and that section us no longer attached to the car. I call AAA and the cops. Get to the dealership. I had to get to the nearby mall ton business with the cell phone. I let my mother in law in the shuttle van first I looked in. There's two small bucket seats and the bench in back. I sat my rather large butt :n the seat to shut the van door. I leaned away enough to pull the door shut and fell off the seatee burst out laughing as I popped back up

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie

Edited by - queenmushroom on Nov 09 2013 09:04:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  09:09:10 AM  Show Profile
And shut the door. So we get to the mall. Mother in law got out on her side. When I went to get out, I got one of my feet tangled in the CB antenna wire and stumbled our the of the van.you could of sworn I was drunk which I wasn't. All we could do is laugh. It was so funny.

Have a good day all!

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  11:57:08 PM  Show Profile
Lorena...sounds like you and your MIL had a really interesting day. LOL Crazy about her car!!! I guess it was recalled for a very
good reason...huh?

Cherime...hope friend gets her health issues taken care of. If it isn't one thing it is another huh? But it sounds like she is
really doing poorly. You would have thought reading the Psalm to her would have quieted her and given her peace. But it is
funny how our mind works. One time when I was really depressed over waiting years to get on Disability for my Fibro/chronic fatigue...
the state sent me to a Psychiatrist of their choice. He had classical music playing in his waiting room and I remember that I
found that very adjutating rather than calming and soothing. I told him about that and he looked at me like I was completely
off my rocker. My son...when he was small (and even today at age 27) can not listen to Classical Music because it makes him sad.
Must be something in our genetic make-up.

Judith...I tried the corn tea and found it kind of strange. LOL First off it freaked me out that it didn't turn the water a different
color...so, I had to use the recommended steeping time. It just wasn't my cup of tea...but I am so glad to have the opportunity to
try it. That is what I love about the tea swap...it exposes us to teas that we might not otherwise get a chance to taste...because
we get stuck on one or two that are our favorites. So, thanks so much for sending it. I will let you know how I like the Rose
Tea...when I try that. My DIL got me a box of Autumn Tea's for my birthday and I there are new ones in there to try too. So FUN!

Hi Connie...where you at girlfriend? Still hanging out on FB?

Judy and Teacher Tammy...we are missing you. See you don't come on for a day or two and The Porch Queen gets all nervous and ready to
send the Posse out for you. LOL

Don't feel to good tonight...so, calling it an early one...girls. Have a Wondersful Lords Day tomorrow!

Hugs and Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  09:09:32 AM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday Everyone~
It is a beautiful sunny day here in Colorado, good day for football. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

I just finished making a Butter Pecan Pound Cake, Creamy White Chili, and now I will make my Cheddar Cheese Biscuits to go with it. We spend Sunday afternoon with our Dear Friends watching the game, my friend will make her German Salad and Garlic Herb butter for the Biscuits, it will be a great meal and wonderful to share it with special friends.

Wherever you are I hope all your Sunday's are special, enjoy your day.

Hugs,
Debbie

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS~"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  12:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Ok....my 2 cents....I just made the "a-maize-ing sweet corn leaf tea" and I felt like it was very light with a(green)flavor, but that's ok because I am an herbalist and I appreciate all flavors. This tea has a clean, refreshing taste to me that I think would be refreshing in the heat of summer in a tall glass of ice with spearmint leaves crushed in it. Being 45 today, I really didn't want to try that. hahaha But I added honey and was looking for something buttery or something light, but had nothing like that in my tea cart, except lemon and that seemed too bitter for this tea. So I added a fennel tea bag and a dandelion tea bag, and it turned out really good and low and behold, it does have a slightly buttery taste now. I like it! I'm always mixing my teas to see what other flavors I can create. That's the only creative side I have(just ask these girls). *giggle* I'm not crafty at all, but I love to create flavors in foods and in my teas.
I remember that one of these Gals didn't care for my robust, warming Aztec Sweet Chili tea I sent for my month. But like Peg said, that's the fun of a Tea Swap, we get to try all sorts of teas. It's a lot of fun!
Debbie, YUMMMMM...I feel like hopping a plane and jetting to Colorado to partake in your sumptuous spread. WOW! And that's how you eat during a ballgame??? Good on ya Girlie! I'm impressed! *giggle*
Lorena...*shuddering*...that story was scary to me. I just kept gasping in disbelief. That's a trip you won't soon forget.
Don't ya'll just love this soup and grilled cheese/biscuits weather? I know I do. My Mum made chili the other day. It tasted extra good to me knowing how hard it was for her to make it with her hand in a brace. What a woman! *giggle*
You are so right Judith...she is something else!
Well, that's all for me today! Just staying warm, reading, listening to NPR radio, watching movies and having a cuddle-in kind of day with Hubs and the Kit-Kat!
Stay warm Porchies!
Happy Son-Day Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  7:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Finally got to get to Fargo today to look for a dress and I found one! M* said as soon as I walked out he knew it was the one I'd end up with. It's a creamy chocolate color with a jacket that has a strand of glitter woven into it. At least that's done! I'm getting so excited for the wedding. It was nice being out with the man although he was getting grumpy towards the end but I tried to be patient because he's not feeling well. He did get himself a pair of cowboy boots so he had a good trip too.

My last day at W*lmarts was yesterday. I couldn't believe they started playing Christmas music while I was working. It's just wrong on so many levels. PeggyAnn, I feel Christmas music played before Thanksgiving is similar to your reaction to classical (which I love). I'm getting out at a really good time, the store manager just up and quit with no notice and in the week he's been gone the store is a mess. I'm thankful for the job but am very happy to be done with it.

We saw flakes in the air again today, more like it was just spitting at us here and there. Just reminding us that it's coming. The wind was calm when we drove to Fargo but lots of gusting on the drive back. My poor tree outside has lost almost all it's leaves now. The pups go out and seem to need to sniff under each leaf, and there's tons of leaves in my yard, instead of going potty like they're supposed to. Well I'm off to bed, I'm exhausted. Hopefully I'm not getting sick.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  1:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Well, hello my chatty friends. So good to read what you all are into.

Tammy: I worked at Wa*mart a lil over a year and THAT was enough for me. Had to wear to many "hats"..they want a "jack of all trades" from every person. It WAS to much to bear. Bad management is all it is. Glad I'm gone from there too.

That cake, soup n biscuits sounds like it would hit the spot!

I've got my clothes lines full and a light breeze n full sun today is helping them dry!
PLUS the 65 degree weather helps too. LOVE love love my wringer washer and the strength to hang up laundry and take it down n put it away!
Praising God for that. :)

Might see some snow in the air tomorrow. maybe. That's when I play my first Christmas music. :)

Judy: you are creative in more ways than you know girl. Picking out the "just right" card is a gift, you have great humor and the gift of gab...which makes people feel better. You are my bestest sissy and THAT's the greatest gift of all. :) xo

have a great day gals, stay warm and cozy and out of trouble.
love hugs n prayers

Patsy (Judy's sis)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Nov 11 2013 1:12:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  1:23:42 PM  Show Profile
Just stopped out to say hi. Been a long time since I've had time to just sit on the porch and enjoy the view and company. Stepping out and trying not to listen too hard for the cry I know is coming saying Junior is up from his nap or look at the bottles on the desk needing to be labeled for sale. A deep breath of fresh air is what I need so hello everyone. I hope your Monday is going well.

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  1:48:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patsy and Laurie...nice to have you girls stop by for a Porch Visit. You are missed...when you are absent so long.
Because we always enjoy what you have to share.

I think I am ready for some Christmas Music too...but it is in the high 60's today and feels more like Spring. LOL
My heart is just all about the Holidays right now.

My youngest son and family came over for a movie and munchies last night. It was fun and they brought everything...I didn't
have to do anything. Including making coffee later. I just got to play with my sweet grandson and they did everything.
It was so lovely! And even though my husband never likes company (he would rather be reclusive) but he ALWAYS will be the
first one to say...that was really a nice evening. I'm so glad they came over. So, with going to Church, then Barnes and
Noble and coming home to take a little catnap...then having the kids come by...just made for an Awesome Sonday! So, enjoyable!

Today I need to get busy preparing my Bible Study Lessons and then I am going to make a nice Meatloaf, Red Potatoes, and Creamed Corn
for dinner. Simple and easy...but one of our favorite meals.

Hope you Girlies ALL have a Blessed Week and don't forget to pray for those in the Philipians and our Soldiers/Veterans.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  8:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Gals...it's 11PM/34 aaannnnddddd.....snowing like a mad-man out there. Aacccckkkk!!!
Shocked me...even if I did hear that it was on it's way. Ya just never know for sure. LOL
I guess we could get up to 3 inches by morning. In the morning I may just have to go out
..........just to throw the cat out in it and watch his puzzled face saying,
"Moooo-ooom......what in the world?"....... hahahahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  10:26:33 AM  Show Profile
Hey Judy...you aren't the only one who got snow. I was on The Virtual Fall thread this morning and Nini said it was snowing
where she lives too. I love that first Snow...all pristine and elegant. Of coarse I don't want it to last longer than 3 days...
but hey I do think it is awfully pretty. ~ So, how much did you get?? Did the Cat like it??? WELL GIRL ENJOY IT!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  6:36:05 PM  Show Profile
Evenin'Porch-buds!
I got up to 3 inches of snow. It was so heavy on the pine trees and on the trees that still have their leaves. It was just "goy-giss!"
LOL. Rascal thought that it was nice out because the sun was out so he kept meowing. So finally Dave took him out on his leash and watched him. He kept picking up his feet and shaking each paw like, WOW!!! That's COLD! hahahaha I didn't even tell Dave that I was thinking of doing that to the Kit-Kat. Great minds of Cat-Parents just think alike I guess. heeheehee Needless to say, Rascal just kept quiet and slept in his box the rest of the afternoon. *giggle* (can't wait for more snow) We are still having flurries. We'll see what it adds up to.
Stay warm and enjoy this wonderful time of turning inside oneself to rest and renew. THAT'S what winter is for!
Love Yuns! Nite!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page